Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E12: Week 11: Finale Part 1

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, valen said:

It's actually really gross to me. And sad.

It is terrible seeing little girls perfecting their poses and pouts. Teaching them that their "look" is the only important thing about them, at least to the wider world.

• Love 2
(edited)

Congratulations on joining the 4-Timers Club, Peter!  (Does that title come with a customized robe, a kravat, and a cigar?)  However, I don't think I'd want that broadcast on national TV, and especially in front of my Mom.  Yikes!

(And then Mom was.....cheering about it?!?!  I'd sink through the floor in embarassment.)

Edited by Gregg247
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, ApolloSun said:

Exactly --- it's bad enough that she's bragging about how many times she had meaningless sex with him, solely for her own thrills, but then she sneaks in this massive COP-OUT about how he needed to do more, far sooner . . . She has confirmed my suspicions that she's nothing more than a bullshit artist.

If I hear her talk about getting the man "she deserves" or the love "she deserves" one more time, I'll lose it.  No one actually deserves anything.  She's so freaking entitled. 

Water seeks its own level.  A loving, stable, mature person will usually attract the same.  She has shown herself to be none of these things.

Which means that she knew BEFORE the fantasy suite that she was not going to pick Peter because he didn’t go by the script, and yet still had sex with him knowing she would dump him afterwards.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, waving feather said:

Hannah gets triggered so quickly and easily. Whenever someone, even her parents, said something to her that she doesn't like, she just throws a tantrum or walk off. The way she was rolling her eyes during her conversation with her dad was like a disrespectful teenager during puberty. And her parents were breaking it to her very very softly. Phew, she's a handful! How is she still so bratty at 24? It's almost like her parents were scared to set her off.

You can't even compare her reaction with Rachel Lindsay. Because as I recall, the Lindsays were MUCH tougher on Bryan and their comments about him were much harsher than whatever the Browns said to Jed or her.

And I didn't know having sex multiple times is something to be proud of to show off or cheer about. Like big whoop, people have sex all the time! You ain't special. She's obsessed with bringing that up.

That’s one reason Hannah rubs me the wrong way. She is quick to lose the pageant girl smile and get angry.. 

It’s bizarre to me that Chris and a lot of the audience see Hannah as some sort of heroine. 

I was grossed out by her bringing up the sex right in front of Peter’s parents, and everyone just applauded her for it. She was bragging like a teen boy in a locker room. Not classy or appropriate. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, rebel2u said:

Now Caelynn's statement that she and Hannah were pageant friends until Caelynn placed in the Miss USA pageant and Hannah didn't, makes more sense.

I would love to know Caelynn's thoughts on all this, but I have a feeling she's too smart to say anything.

• Love 8

They guys don't see any other women while they're incarcerated contestants.  So they tend to see only the good in the Bachelorette, the longer they're on.  Same thing happens with The Bachelor.  It's not love, it's Stockholm Syndrome.

I think Hannah's having a big joke on everyone with the "four times," and I think Peter (and possibly his family) are in on the joke.  I don't know if it was to punish Luke and make sure he didn't want her again, or just for shits and grins. Peter didn't seem all that disturbed by her saying it, just laughing.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I remember when, I think it was in the fantasy suite, Hannah had popcorn or something and was throwing it at Peter and he was trying to catch it in his mouth.  He was not catching it and Hannah was fussing at him:  You're missing it!  Try harder! You're not getting it!    These were not her exact words but that was the sentiment.  I remember thinking, "This!  This is what it's going to be like in the real world, when you are not in the bachelor bubble and have to work, pay rent/mortage, pick up dry cleaning, go to the dentist--all the un-fun things that life requires."  I think the real personality was coming out then.  I, too, think Peter dodged a massive bullet.

• Love 9

I think what makes her stand out is her absolute lack of filter and awareness. She posts videos on IG of her dancing in hot pants in mismatched clothes and the apartment or house that she is in is an absolute disaster behind her. For many of them, they've never seen anything like her. She is hot, she's loud, and she's beyond goofy. She falls down. She snorts. It's probably fun for a while. Would it get old sooner or later? Probably. She definitely likes to have things her way, but that's not that different than most of the leads we've seen on this show. Don't forget Emily.

• Love 5

I already mentioned these upthread, but I'm so bothered that I'm going to say it again.  It was a really really really low blow for Hannah to suggest that if Peter had said 'I love you' sooner, then she might have made a different decision.  She was full-on in her Luke throes at that time, and she knows darn well it wouldn't have made a damn bit of difference.  What it did, in her mind, was to somehow shift off the 'blame' that she thinks other people will have for her letting such a great guy go who she never had a stated reason to drop.  But it's just cruel. 

And it's the height of selfishness for her to say that letting Peter go hurts her also.  Even if there is a grain of truth to it, the hurt to a woman moving on immediately to her two other suitors, one of which will likely propose to her soon, cannot begin to compare to the hurt to someone who is moving on to nothing and without the woman he thought he'd be proposing to.  She should have just kept her yap shut about her micro-pain.

And I'll add that it was such a dick move (yes she's a girl, but the word applies here) for her to arrange for another horse date for Tyler when he had made his dislike of horses very clear.  It reeks of her wanting to have a do-over so that she can assure herself that Tyler is man enough for her tastes. 

Selfish beeyotch.  I really hope she ends up with Luke.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

I already mentioned these upthread, but I'm so bothered that I'm going to say it again.  It was a really really really low blow for Hannah to suggest that if Peter had said 'I love you' sooner, then she might have made a different decision.  She was full-on in her Luke throes at that time, and she knows darn well it wouldn't have made a damn bit of difference.  What it did, in her mind, was to somehow shift off the 'blame' that she thinks other people will have for her letting such a great guy go who she never had a stated reason to drop.  But it's just cruel. 

And it's the height of selfishness for her to say that letting Peter go hurts her also.  Even if there is a grain of truth to it, the hurt to a woman moving on immediately to her two other suitors, one of which will likely propose to her soon, cannot begin to compare to the hurt to someone who is moving on to nothing and without the woman he thought he'd be proposing to.  She should have just kept her yap shut about her micro-pain.

And I'll add that it was such a dick move (yes she's a girl, but the word applies here) for her to arrange for another horse date for Tyler when he had made his dislike of horses very clear.  It reeks of her wanting to have a do-over so that she can assure herself that Tyler is man enough for her tastes. 

Selfish beeyotch.  I really hope she ends up with Luke.

I don't disagree with any of this, but how much control does she have over the actual dates? I don't know the answer to this because I assume so much of it is budget driven.

• Love 1

Other than being totally gross with the Hannah and Peter and Peter's alternatively bawling and celebratory parents...this episode was enlightening.  In that it gave me the total clarity (LOL) I've needed as I've strived to figure out the mystery that is Hannah.  

She. Is. A. Spoiled. Brat.  Coddled by mommy and daddy and given her way in everything as long as she posed prettily.  Windmill Peter is either a good actor or he doesn't yet realize just how lucky he is.  Hannah is a woman who needs to be taken care of and expects it.  Sadly, Jed is a guy who also needs to be taken care of so it's a match made in Hollywood.  I can only hope she dumps Tyler tonight and picks this Nashville loser because the fallout is going to be fun to watch.  Must see TV.   Please note that I thought her parents seemed very nice and were refreshingly perceptive.  Dad looks like Kenny Rogers so I immediately liked him.  

I'm a bit skeptical there's any big, unexpected ending based on the show's history of nonsensical hype, but if there is, I hope she picks Jed and on the "live" show dumps him in a far more spectacular way than she dumped Luke P.  She's capable of it.

Hannah has been well-styled throughout the show but she looked bad tonight.  The RC dress emphasized her slumpy shoulders and the hair was just not flattering.  She looked tired.

If Tyler is the next Bachelor, so be it.  He'd certainly be enjoyable eye candy.  Peter's adorable but I wouldn't be quite as enthusiastic about him in the role.  Too bad Mike went with BIP (which I do not watch because there's skeevy and there's REALLY skeevy.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

On her last date with Jed, it seemed like the next day was going to be the FRC. So she was with Tyler the evening before, still straddling him. She drives me nuts!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, limecoke said:

Hannah has been well-styled throughout the show but she looked bad tonight.  The RC dress emphasized her slumpy shoulders and the hair was just not flattering.  She looked tired.

All season long I've noticed that when they have her in dark colored dresses (black, maroon, navy), that she looks harsh and borderline evil.  I don't know if it's the way they did the makeup and hair that went along with it, but it's been consistent.  That's exactly how it was yesterday.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, ApolloSun said:

I think that anyone who gets close to her is going to have to walk on eggshells.  

Here's what I can't figure out...she knows that she can be that way, since she has warned the guys of "Hannah Beast".  So does her family think it's cute, and that's why she is still like that?  Or does she think it shows strength?  Or does she want it to be like a test -- love me as is or don't love me at all, with no in-between?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ApolloSun said:

She truly is a witch.  She used him for her own hedonistic thrills and dropped him like he was worthless.  No amount of her sobbing changes that.  She thought nothing about the potential hurt she'd cause if he was not picked at the end.  Peter did nothing to deserve this crap.

Peter is rumored to have had a girlfriend up until her left for filming as well, a young lady that apparently was quite fond of him.  So my sympathy/empathy for him is exactly ZERO.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

So does her family think it's cute, and that's why she is still like that?

Well her dad spends 16 hours a day out of the house working ... we don't know if it's due to his dedication to providing for her or maybe it's just quieter at work.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Arkay said:

I do not have a dog. If I did have a dog, I would not feed my dog Better Bowl, on principle alone.

I shall refrain from feeding my dog Better Bowl on your behalf.

(She likes Rachael Ray, anyway. And I don't hear no Jed jingles for that stuff!!)

• LOL 2
44 minutes ago, Mswldflwr said:

Peter is rumored to have had a girlfriend up until her left for filming as well, a young lady that apparently was quite fond of him.  So my sympathy/empathy for him is exactly ZERO.  

He actually broke up with her 2 or 3 months before filming began. Not that he didn’t beeK up with her because of the show, but at least he didn’t leave her hanging, like someone else we know!

• Love 1

Well, I for one, I thought the joke about how they had sex 4x was funny.

To me it was a well timed punch back to those people who've been judging her, including Luke and the slut shamers. 

Yes there are issues. She probably embarrassed Peter, his parents, she raised questions about her F1 choice, what if someone of a different race or gender - or even size - said the same thing (not a thin blond white woman) - all legitimate critiques. \

But at the end of the day, it was Hannah who said it. And on national television and I thought it was kind of awesome. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Refresh said:

Well, I for one, I thought the joke about how they had sex 4x was funny.

To me it was a well timed punch back to those people who've been judging her, including Luke and the slut shamers. 

Yes there are issues. She probably embarrassed Peter, his parents, she raised questions about her F1 choice, what if someone of a different race or gender - or even size - said the same thing (not a thin blond white woman) - all legitimate critiques. \

But at the end of the day, it was Hannah who said it. And on national television and I thought it was kind of awesome. 

How is gender, race, or size even relevant? Genuinely asking because I don’t understand your point. 

• Useful 1
11 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

How is gender, race, or size even relevant? Genuinely asking because I don’t understand your point. 

Sure. I'll try to explain what I meant a little better. What I'm trying to get at is that while I thought the  joke was funny, I also have a problem with it in that of course SHE can get away with telling it because she's non-threatening and she has privilege. 

There's a certain level of privilege inherent in who Hannah is. Blond, thin, beauty queen, educated etc.  She can speak for herself on National TV without the "burden" of being a representative for groups she's part of. There's no "I need to be a role model because pretty blonds are under represented on TV" or "my words will effect other people like me by me saying them".  She only speaks for herself.

Since I'm not a man or a person of color, but I am plus size, I'll dig in with that one. I've seen plus size/fat women online who own their sexuality do much less bawdy things than Hannah did and get slammed with not just slut shaming but fat shaming, death threats etc.  And they are not treated as individuals but it gets expanded in "all you fat people..." blah blah blah. 

Granted a bunch of people on this board think she's a slut but as a general vibe it's not that bad. It doesn't seem as bad as what Kaitlin went through IMO. 

What I'm getting at is that this view (if it's even well formed enough to be called that) is better illustrated with Corinne & Demi types in that they can get away with being obnoxious & brash because they're blond, white & pretty.  

And I have mixed feelings about WHY she can tell that joke even though I honestly did laugh and found it funny. 

• Love 2

As much as my initial like for Jed has faded away, I can't fault him for being excited about landing a contract to write jingles for a dog food company.  It's steady income, and even if it's not the ultimate dream job, he is making money with music.  It was probably the first time he actually made money with his music.  I think it was his way of saying that it's not all just bars and stuff, it's a legitimate income.

Having said that: girl, when HIS family and YOUR family are doubtful and skeptical, walk away.  Seriously.  If you have to work THAT hard and feel THAT bad after the visit with your family, he's not the one.

I feel like, as with Luke, Hannah lasered in on Jed.  And she didn't want to let that go.  So she was surprised by her feelings for Tyler.  When her mom asked if she could see herself being engaged to Tyler, it was a genuine reaction of joy.  But she had already made up her end-game in her head, and didn't want to/didn't know that she could change that.

5 minutes ago, Mrs. DuRona said:

As much as my initial like for Jed has faded away, I can't fault him for being excited about landing a contract to write jingles for a dog food company.  It's steady income, and even if it's not the ultimate dream job, he is making money with music.  It was probably the first time he actually made money with his music.  I think it was his way of saying that it's not all just bars and stuff, it's a legitimate income

Usually the way these things work, a songwriter gets hired to write for one commercial. It's not an ongoing gig. 

• Useful 1
41 minutes ago, sistersledge said:
47 minutes ago, Mrs. DuRona said:

As much as my initial like for Jed has faded away, I can't fault him for being excited about landing a contract to write jingles for a dog food company.  It's steady income, and even if it's not the ultimate dream job, he is making money with music.  It was probably the first time he actually made money with his music.  I think it was his way of saying that it's not all just bars and stuff, it's a legitimate income

Usually the way these things work, a songwriter gets hired to write for one commercial. It's not an ongoing gig. 

Ah, the way he said it "I got a contract with..." implied it's for a period of time/multiple ads.  I also have a friend who was in an iHop commercial for, like, 2 seconds (no lines) and every time it aired, she'd get a check.  I don't know if radio jingles work the same way, though.

On 7/29/2019 at 5:46 PM, ECM1231 said:

I know she said it but is it possible she was just joking? That seems unprecedented! What a libido!

It can be done. (Hint: you save some for the morning.)

On 7/30/2019 at 3:46 AM, nittanycougar said:

The parts with her parents were especially enlightening as it is clear that there is no expectation for Hannah to earn her way in life.  She has been coddled by mommy and daddy, and she really only cares about herself.  All of her conversations revolve around how she feels and what she wants.  Mom and Dad Brown raised a spoiled brat.

I think she needs to move away from mom and dad and pay her own bills for a while.  Then maybe she can approach a relationship as an adult instead of a little girl.

That was my biggest takeaway from this episode as well. I'm not a Jed fan by any means, but I thought it was offensive that both Hannah and her parents put the burden to be a "provider" squarely on him. "Strong, independent woman", indeed!

14 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

Well her dad spends 16 hours a day out of the house working ... we don't know if it's due to his dedication to providing for her or maybe it's just quieter at work.  

We saw in Hanhah's intro package at the beginning of the season that her father owns a hair salon (and it looked like a higher-end one). That's hard work, he's probably doing hair all day long and then spending a few hours doing the administrative/financial work. Too bad Hannah doesn't seem to have inherited his work ethic, good judgement of character, or gentle demeanor. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3