Type keyword(s) to search

Alternatino with Arturo Castro - General Discussion

• Start Topic

From the Comedy Central description

In this sketch series, Arturo Castro attempts to navigate life as a Latin millennial in the U.S. Satirizing everything from modern dating to American culture to politics, Alternatino brings a fresh point of view to the Latinx experience.

• Love 2

I'm really enjoying this show.  I liked the one a few weeks ago where Arturo yelled at a guy in a bar for saying "no problem" when he asked for a chair.  It turned out they guy was actually born in America but raised in Colombia and felt discriminated against because he was light skinned with blond hair. Also, he was at the bar not with his lacrosse team, but his father's funeral.   

I also loved the one this week about the architect "Gerhardt Fjuck" who designed  Penn Station and LaGuardia Airport, and whose goal was to make people feel miserable when they were in his buildings, without quite knowing why.

• Love 3

I agree, there's a sweetness about Arturo and it comes across in the sketches. The political-ish sketches are on target but not mean spirited and they don't try to hammer any point home until you're dizzy. The gun sketch was really a soft cell, which is why it worked really well for me.

• Love 1