Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E012: Adjustment Protocol

Well, a lot happened in this episode!

A lot ramping up to next week's finale, that's for sure. Abby's dead and...I can't say I'm horribly sad about it. I'm sad for Clarke, who lost her mother, but I think she'll get through it. It might be hard with having to see Simone in her mother's body, though. 

Octavia/Bellamy reconcile! Yay! I love this new version of Octavia. 

So, everyone finds out about Clarke being alive and getting to see her. That's good! 

Russell leaves Sanctum to steal the mothership, which isn't a surprise. But now he has Indra and his army to deal with.

Ok, I'm still disappointed in Murphy, but damn if he and Emori didn't look hot as hell in their Prime outfits. Richard Harmon rocks the guyliner and I love that Luisa gets to rock a different look.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

A lot ramping up to next week's finale, that's for sure. Abby's dead and...I can't say I'm horribly sad about it. I'm sad for Clarke, who lost her mother, but I think she'll get through it. It might be hard with having to see Simone in her mother's body, though. 

I'm not sad about it either.  I'm annoyed that it was all so predictable. 

It would be a nice surprise if Raven or someone spares Clarke having to put a bullet in her head.

59 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Russell leaves Sanctum to steal the mothership, which isn't a surprise. But now he has Indra and his army to deal with.

Was that last scene just for the visual?  Russel's plan isn't really counting on the three of them being able to take a whole ship hostage because they might shoot three of their people.  Because that is too stupid for a finale.   How do they fill an episode with that?

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Ok, I'm still disappointed in Murphy, but damn if he and Emori didn't look hot as hell in their Prime outfits. Richard Harmon rocks the guyliner and I love that Luisa gets to rock a different look.

It was funny when they stopped holding hands after being informed that they were getting inserted into brother and sister.

• Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

Was that last scene just for the visual?  Russel's plan isn't really counting on the three of them being able to take a whole ship hostage because they might shoot three of their people.  Because that is too stupid for a finale.   How do they fill an episode with that?

I wouldn't put it past these writers -- it very well could be that stupid.

So, is Jordan still in bed being cared for by a prime, despite the uprising ?

Turns out the "Adjustment Protocol" just means to kill everyone not a prime.  That is just plain stupid.
What was in that green gas -- angrium dioxide ?

ETA: Corrected Jasper to Jordan, per @CooperTV below.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

So, is Jasper still in bed being cared for by a prime, despite the uprising ?

He's Jordan, though he does show all his parents' best qualities on the show, like being useless and forgettable.

19 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

What was in that green gas -- angrium dioxide ?

Walking Dead serum? IDEK with this show anymore.

The only thing this episode I liked was Abby finally brushing her hair.

• Love 5

What exactly was Russell thinking in all of this?

1) Hey, my devoted subjects have just learned that I'm a serial killer. I shall now follow this up by throwing something at them that exaggerates their fears/violent tendencies. THIS SHOULD GO WELL.

2) Having killed their doctor and (as far as I know) one of their main leaders, I shall now go up to a space ship loaded with trained killers and various criminals. Also, I will simply take "Josephine's" word for it that Clarke's memories of Gaia are even remotely reliable.

3) And, since I don't have a space pilot of my own, I shall try to blackmail another pilot by threatening to kill a kid I've already been draining of blood and force said pilot to fly to another planet. 

This guy's been alive for a couple of centuries and he thinks any of it will work?

Did like Murphy and Emori's makeup, though. And the Echo and Clarke "We're totally badasses, aren't we," hug. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

So, are they going to have another doctor who knows what Abby knows about nightblood?

Other possibility, Raven rigged up some kind of external mind drive and will re-load Abby later on. I doubt that, because dead adults are kind of the thing the 100 is known for.

(edited)
On 8/1/2019 at 12:17 AM, quarks said:

And the Echo and Clarke "We're totally badasses, aren't we," hug. 

I never knew how much I wanted quality Echo and Clarke content until that hug! Love that they included that moment, especially when Echo gets the brunt of a lot of hate predominantly due to ship stuff.

Eliza Taylor continues maintaining her MVP title for the season. She was tasked with a multitude of heavy emotional beats with different characters for different reasons, as well as quick changes in this episode and you follow her through all of them, very believably imo. 

Edited by dju
for generalizing
  • Love 1
Just now, connieinnc said:

But wasn't Clarke also technically EMP'd during Primafaya?

No, Clarke was never EMP'd. Raven and Abby were both EMP'd in season 3, but Raven and Abby also needed an additional procedure (stopping of the heart) to essentially delete the code in their heads from ALIE. So the EMP was to get rid of the natural mesh created from the chip. What Raven did in season 4 to herself (and what Abby did) was basically to stop the brain damage that they had, because their brains were overloaded with ALIE code still. 

25 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

No, Clarke was never EMP'd. Raven and Abby were both EMP'd in season 3, but Raven and Abby also needed an additional procedure (stopping of the heart) to essentially delete the code in their heads from ALIE. So the EMP was to get rid of the natural mesh created from the chip. What Raven did in season 4 to herself (and what Abby did) was basically to stop the brain damage that they had, because their brains were overloaded with ALIE code still. 

Because I don't understand radiation ... the multiple nuclear reactor meltdowns causing Primafaya didn't generate an EMP or simply enough radiation to 'burn out' Clarke's chip?

3 minutes ago, connieinnc said:

Because I don't understand radiation ... the multiple nuclear reactor meltdowns causing Primafaya didn't generate an EMP or simply enough radiation to 'burn out' Clarke's chip?

No, it didn't. I didn't know that could be a thing but no. 

44 minutes ago, connieinnc said:

I'm not convinced that anyone who works on this show understands radiation, either. 

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, dju said:

I never knew how much I wanted quality Echo and Clarke content until that hug! Love that they included that moment, especially when Echo gets the brunt of a lot of hate because of ship stuff.

Echo/Ash took awhile to grow on me, I admit, but the last two seasons have been great for her - especially the last two episodes. And I love this mutual respect/growing friendship between her and Clarke. 

• Love 3

Night blood gives someone (superhero levels of) radiation resistance. Clarke and Madi were able to survive the "death wave" of radiation because of it.

An EMP can be generated by a strong electromagnet or as the result of a fission reaction. Since they weren't in a line of sight of one of the nuclear reactors, Clarke and Madi were not exposed to an EMP during Primafaya.

RIP Abigail. She did a lot of crap and I didn't always like her, but the show will certainly be forever changed without her, and I was still sad to see her go, especially so soon after Kaine. OG characters are dropping left and right!

Attention Russell: You are a bad cult leader! Because yeah, this is clearly a creepy death cult, even if the members didn't really know exactly about the death part. So now his big plan is to gas his followers at the first major snag in his cult plan, and...just hijack a spaceship and fuck off to some other planet? Or just be in space forever with a bunch of heavily armed people that have every reason to hate you?  Just hang around until everyone on the planet dies? Maybe he knows something we dont about other habitable planets, and that where everyone goes next? Because I think we can officially label this planet a bust. 

Awww Murphy and Emori are going to try and help, screw these creepy people!  I did love their Hunger Game cosplay outfits, and them both awkwardly dropping hands when they were told the bodies they would get would be siblings. Yeah, thats super gross Primes. I love the running thing of telling Josephine and Clarke apart by whether they call Murphy by his first or last name. The scene where he cries just a little and Emori tears up when they realize its still Clarke really got me.  

Octavia and Bellamy had a few nice moments, especially when she kind of shoulder bumped him when Clarke lowered the beams and he kind of smiled at her.  It was probably the warmest moment they've had in years.

I also liked the little bit where Octavia yelled at Miller to stay put and he yelled about he wasn't listening to her anymore. The season has a million weird plot holes and the characters, especially Gabriel and his crew, are required to make some WEIRD leaps in logic, but I am enjoying this season more than last because the characters are getting a lot better and more natural development.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

Awww Murphy and Emori are going to try and help, screw these creepy people!  I did love their Hunger Game cosplay outfits, and them both awkwardly dropping hands when they were told the bodies they would get would be siblings.

1 hour ago, ketose said:

Why do Murphy and Emori have to get new bodies? They're young and Emori is able to deal with her flipper hand.

I was already confused about Murphy and Emori, and now even more after reading these posts. Were they still themselves after they came out all dressed up, or had their minds been wiped and replaced with those of two of the Primes? If their minds weren't wiped and replaced with Primes (which is suggested by the fact that they didn't know they were supposed to be siblings), why would Russell and the other Primes want to keep them around? And why did Murphy and Emori decide not to go with the other Primes, and which people (Sanctum residents or Clarke and crew) were they planning on helping and how?

Ugh, this show makes my head hurt. 

17 minutes ago, Paloma said:

I was already confused about Murphy and Emori, and now even more after reading these posts. Were they still themselves after they came out all dressed up, or had their minds been wiped and replaced with those of two of the Primes? If their minds weren't wiped and replaced with Primes (which is suggested by the fact that they didn't know they were supposed to be siblings), why would Russell and the other Primes want to keep them around? And why did Murphy and Emori decide not to go with the other Primes, and which people (Sanctum residents or Clarke and crew) were they planning on helping and how?

I was confused too, which made me mad because so far I've pretty much been able to keep up this season LOL.  But after reading several posts and reviews, I think what happened is that Russell honored his deal from a few eps ago and gave Murphy and Emori mind drives which had been wiped, allowing them to both retain their own minds (which would then be uploaded to the drives) but still become immortal.  But the populous couldn't know that they were still really Murphy and Emori so they had to pretend to be Kaylee Lee and her brother, who were Primes the people already knew.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

Thanks for the explanation @Taryn74 I was coming on here to ask the same confused questions. 

Also, agree with everyone else that Murphy and Emori looked SO GOOD dressed up as the primes. 

I forgot Ryker died last episode, I thought for sure he was going to be Raven's new love interest. 

56 minutes ago, Paloma said:

They made a deal with Russell: Russell would give them chips so they could be immortal, and promised not to kill the rest of their friends, and in return, Murphy and Emori would help him by pretending to be two of the Primes whose memories were mindwiped, thus preserving the illusion that the Primes were Immortal Gods who could not be killed.

Otherwise, the not-Primes could start asking some awkward questions.

Murphy figured that this way he could be immortal and help save his people. Emori had more doubts about the ethics of this.

However, after Abby was killed/replaced by Simone, Murphy and Emori decided that they would stop working with Russell and not fly off to space with him. So now they're on the ground along with all of the toxin people, Bellamy, Echo, Octavia, and the random people from the woods.

I think.

• Love 1

Not understanding WTF's happening as I watch the show really hurts my enjoyment of the show. I was confused about Murphy and Emori's deal (thanks for explaining; I loved their outfits, too), but also why the colony people recognized Gabriel on sight when no one knew he changed bodies, and how Abby's injection would change her bone marrow right away.

Speaking of Abby -- I guess she made seven magic prime-making injections since she gave Russell six and used one on herself, but then he decided she should be a host anyway (why?!)... which means there's one left over?

19 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

So, is Jordan still in bed being cared for by a prime, despite the uprising ?

I love how, all season long, everyone's been like, "Remember Monty (not Harper). Be more like Monty. Honour his sacrifice and live the way he'd want us all to live!" and meanwhile no one's seen his kid since this started and they don't even remember he exists.

2 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

I forgot Ryker died last episode, I thought for sure he was going to be Raven's new love interest. 

That's why he's dead, yo.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, SourK said:

I was confused about Murphy and Emori's deal (thanks for explaining; I loved their outfits, too), but also why the colony people recognized Gabriel on sight when no one knew he changed bodies

The recognition of Gabriel was one of my other major points of confusion (besides Murphy and Emori--adding my thanks here to @Taryn74 and @quarks for their explanations).  How would the guard who first saw him in Sanctum immediately identify him as Gabriel unless she somehow knew what happened to Xavier (if she even knew what Xavier looked like, which doesn't seem likely if he was one of the Children of Gabriel living out in the wild)? One explanation might be if Gabriel's mind was put into Xavier when they were both still living in Sanctum, but that doesn't make sense timewise because (I think) Gabriel has previously been referred to as the "old man" by his "children" (the new grounders), and he was presumably out in the wild as an old man for several years before he got Xavier's body.   

There was a part where Octavia (I think) commented that they (sanctum) knew what Gabriel looked like because of so and so.... Can't remember who she said. So I guess one of the sanctum people saw Gabriel and made it back to sanctum? Maybe Josephine's guard? But even if she gave a description of Gabriel's looks, I find it very unlikely that that guard knew who he was instantly. Maybe one of the descriptors given was the tuft of white hair in the front? That's pretty unique. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

Maybe one of the descriptors given was the tuft of white hair in the front? That's pretty unique. 

I think it's kinda cool that the primes wear jewelry on their foreheads and Gabriel, who resists being a prime but is one anyway, has a tuft of gray hair near the same area.  It's like he's marked as a prime regardless of how he rebels against it.

I'd like to add my thanks to @TARYN74 and @QUARKS as well.  The Murphy/Emori thing was making me crazy trying to sort it out.

Edited by domina89
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, domina89 said:

I think it's kinda cool that the primes wear jewelry on their foreheads and Gabriel, who resists being a prime but is one anyway, has a tuft of gray hair near the same area.  It's like he's marked as a prime regardless of how he rebels against it.

Oh wow, that's a really cool observation!

• Love 1
21 hours ago, ketose said:

Night blood gives someone (superhero levels of) radiation resistance. Clarke and Madi were able to survive the "death wave" of radiation because of it.

An EMP can be generated by a strong electromagnet or as the result of a fission reaction. Since they weren't in a line of sight of one of the nuclear reactors, Clarke and Madi were not exposed to an EMP during Primafaya.

Yes, nightblood gives the person super resistance to radiation, but does it convey that protection to electronics embedded in the body?

I thought they showed Clarke getting hit by a blast wave (not an EMP, so I was probably mistaken there) from a reactor explosion, as Bellamy and others took off to the Ark, but could be misremembering. 😐 Those blast waves cause a lot of damage. Clarke made it to the valley (where Madi was already living before Primafiya) afterwards.

Russell's got no chill, whatsoever.  Doesn't even attempt to try and play the crowd and see if he can talk his way out things.  Nope, he goes straight for the toxic bomb on all the poor Sanctum folks, rounds up the Primes, and bails into space.  Worst cult leader ever!

Fare thee well, Abby, I guess.  Can't say I was a huge fan of the character, but I feel bad for Clarke and how she's lost someone else that she loves.  At least Paige Turco seemed to be having fun in that new get-up!

Speaking of which, while I'm glad they ended up backing out of the deal, I so want Murphy and Emori to keep wearing those outfits going forward, but they were so ridiculously awesome looking! 

Bellamy finally seems to be thawing a bit with Octavia.

Glad Echo and Raven finally got some more significant scenes finally.

Jordan's continued absence is just so strange, especially with Shannon Kook being in the credits over the likes of Jarod Joseph (Miller), Sachin Sahel (Jackson), Luisa d'Oliveria (Emori), or Tati Gabrielle and Lola Flanery (Gaia and Madi), who have all had way more to do this season.  Did something happen behind the scenes?

Curious to see where the finale goes.  They better not have Russell kill Niylah or especially Indra!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Russell's got no chill, whatsoever.  Doesn't even attempt to try and play the crowd and see if he can talk his way out things.  Nope, he goes straight for the toxic bomb on all the poor Sanctum folks, rounds up the Primes, and bails into space.  Worst cult leader ever!

Gul Dukat was worse.

• Love 1
On 8/1/2019 at 10:19 AM, quarks said:

Echo/Ash took awhile to grow on me, I admit, but the last two seasons have been great for her - especially the last two episodes. And I love this mutual respect/growing friendship between her and Clarke. 

It took a little while for her to grow on me too, I shouldn't have generalized - people can dislike that character without there being ulterior reasons for doing so as I implied with my previous comment.

But for sure would love to see more development of the bond between Echo and Clarke, although knowing this show we probably won't get much more, they like to tease interesting dynamics and then rarely do anything with them, e.g. the Monty and Octavia friendship, the compelling vibe Murphy and Raven have together, and I was going to include the friendship between Emori and Bellamy, but we've seen more of that this season which is nice.

I forgot this show was back on and since I don't have tv service I watch on the CW app. The only problem is since I found out so late the app doesn't have episodes 1-4 on any longer so I started with episode 5 then it skips 6-8 (I don't know why) so I watched 5 then 9 up to 12. I read this forum to try and catch up and it shows the "previously on" before every episode.

I thought the end was dumb because it has Clarke and company boarding the spaceship with a group of people pointing guns at them when the door opens and all Clarke has to do is turn the gun on Russell. He's outnumbered and it's over, easy peasy. But of course that won't happen and Russell will be able to take over the ship. 

Wow, some of the cast is really starting to look older and that's because they are older but some are starting to look different because they are maturing.

I can't believe how much Murphy has grown on me. I hated him in season 1 but slowly he became an interesting character and now one of my favorites. But the eyeliner is not a good look lol.

1 hour ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

I forgot this show was back on and since I don't have tv service I watch on the CW app. The only problem is since I found out so late the app doesn't have episodes 1-4 on any longer so I started with episode 5 then it skips 6-8 (I don't know why) so I watched 5 then 9 up to 12. I read this forum to try and catch up and it shows the "previously on" before every episode.

I thought the end was dumb because it has Clarke and company boarding the spaceship with a group of people pointing guns at them when the door opens and all Clarke has to do is turn the gun on Russell. He's outnumbered and it's over, easy peasy. But of course that won't happen and Russell will be able to take over the ship. 

Wow, some of the cast is really starting to look older and that's because they are older but some are starting to look different because they are maturing.

I can't believe how much Murphy has grown on me. I hated him in season 1 but slowly he became an interesting character and now one of my favorites. But the eyeliner is not a good look lol.

The age thing was accounted for because they had that 6 year time jump before the 125 year cryo jump. But these former teenagers are now into their 20's. Of course, the ones left have experienced (or committed) murder, torture and near genocide, so it's been a rough life on the ground.

• Love 1

I can’t believe how checked out I am with this show. I think saying I half watch it anymore is generous. I’ve watched all the seasons so I’m stupidly committed and won’t quit. This episode I feel like I saw more boring prime crap and some other crap that bored me as well. In the long run this season’s storyline has simply not worked for me. The one high point was Abby dying. Please, please, please let it be true!

• Love 2

Is it just me or did this whole episode make no sense?

So, yeah, I'm late to this party because I've been travelling (yay for me!) but I'm constantly confused by what's happening. I don't know if the writing is rushed or just bad but the Murphy/Emori thing really confused me throughout. 

One good thing - I think we've finally got rid of Abby and I almost feel relieved for Paige Turco because that character must have been hell to play this season.

• Love 1