Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: The Self-Preservation Society

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

Never trust a washed-up Supe -- the Boys learn this lesson the hard way. Meanwhile, Homelander digs into his past, Starlight discovers that love hurts, and if you're ever in Sandusky, Ohio and a girl asks if she can touch your gills, say NO.

Premiere date: July 26, 2019

• LOL 1

Great performance from Antony Starr.  His meeting with his "creator" really added some depth and humanity to his general psychotic villain persona.  The pain on his face when Dr. Guest Star described his baby made me actually sympathize.

• Love 2
(edited)

OK, I realize the Deep is meant to parody/homage Aquaman and the complete lack of respect for him within the other heroes and the world. However, I would have preferred if they had subverted this somehow. Maybe that's something they'll cover in future seasons.

Edited by Richness
Removed a bit that I accidentally included from the next episode.

No, my poor favorite shipping. lol Hughie and Star were so good together.

Man, The Boys are now royally screwed now, huh? Homelander knows all of them. He could pretty much just kill all of them in a heartbeat. How are they supposed to go up against that? lol As Homelander said, "I'm Homelander - I can do whatever the f*** I want." They'd need a kryptonite or something.

But man, Karl Urban almost had me convinced as if he was playing Bruce Wayne during the flashback without the beard and 'stache. Look at him charming his way through the party (as well as Butcher could 'charm' anybody anyway).

It's pretty sad, how everything turned out, but I suppose it was inevitable. The drama has really kicked into high gear this episode as the stakes are building up. A-Train almost had me sympathizing with him for a sec, regarding what he said to Hughie killing Popclaw.

• Love 1

Yeah, I really don't see how any of them can survive if Homelander goes after them.  I'm not sure where the story will go at this point.

It seems like they have begun to truly humanize the members of the 7 now, with the exception of that hooded dark one.  They did a good job of explaining why Homelander is the way he is.  

It was heartwrenching to see Starlight fighting out the truth.  I feel badly for her.   Hughie didn't fully get involved with her to get revenge on A-train, though he didn't deny it.  

I'm glad nothing happened to Hughie's dad and Monique.

• Love 2