Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Rolling The Dice

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, ThereButFor said:

But Jenny is trying to be her emotional age (early teens) rather than embracing her physical age!  After all she moved to India for “security” (????) rather than any desire to embrace a new culture and grow as a person.

You are exactly right, and this is a big consideration when discussing Jenny's helplessness.  She doesn't want to be an adult, much less an elderly, more confident adult; she wants to be a cute teenager who must be protected from all kinds of silly things.  Why else would she make such a big and stupid deal of riding around in the open-air cab ("ohmygodohmygodohmygod") and of not wanting to dress like an auntie?  No wonder Sumit's parents are giving her the side-eye.

Makes you wonder what her day-to-day relationship with her daughters was--after all, she was living with one of them and hence dependent on someone else for her shelter and perhaps food and transportation.  She had someone to comfort and reassure her if she had to do something outside of her normal life, and no role models to show her how an old lady dresses and does her hair and finds age-appropriate eyeglass frames.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, happy hobo said:

It's the ONLY way to watch this show!

Admittedly, it made it that much more pleasurable and that much more funny!  Esp. after watching it the first time completely sober.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

While it was profoundly stupid of Laura--and we told her so, right here on this forum--to bring sex toys and books to Aladin so he could improve his technique in bed, I kind of sympathize with her.  I don't know if this is generally true, but I think it's true about Laura and me.

I don't care if he bangs you like a screen door in a hurricane, if his foreplay is not up to par, or is non-existent, he's not going to rock your world.  Unfortunately, this is not (imo) something that can be taught.  Little boys who are brought up in families where physical affection is freely and lovingly given as a matter of course throughout the day are going to be better in bed than all the men who study and apply all the lessons from every sex book in existence.

I would imagine that in some cultures showing physical affection to little boys is seen as risking making them sissies or some other nonsense, when in fact it is more likely to drive women away from them when it comes to the sack.  Unfortunately, it's a little like figuring out when a person reaches middle age:  once you know it's been lacking in your childhood, it's too late to do anything about it.  You need a time machine to leap forward to see how you'll be as a sex partner and then go back and choose your parents accordingly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

While the competition was fierce---questionable and unsolicited offers of vibrators, complete isolation, slot machines---I'm awarding the "So Hurtful You Want to Slap Hard" trophy to the insipid, dull-witted, weak-limbed, and irritating....

Pole, for his insistence on a DNA test for Kareeenie: "To prevent fraud."

Get this pathetic Sad Sack off my and everyone else's TV. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
On Tue Jul 30 2019 at 10:30 AM, Morgalisa said:

I want Evelyn to use and abuse Cory and break him like a twig and send him home with nothing. Too harsh?

She has told him more than once that she doesn't want to get married and she doesn't want kids. She wants money and doesn't mind asking for it.  Yet, he persists with the marriage and kids talk.  He is so clueless.  I used to think she was horrible. But she is honest with him and he is kind of wimpy and annoying. 

Indeed. He comes from a large Mormon family and he is way over his head on this one. I didn't know Ecuador was that poor - it looks terrible over there. Even Laos and Cambodia are more modern and developed than Engabao. Who lives in a house with walls that only go halfway up? I've seen some pretty crazy stuff in Asia but nothing comes even close to Engabao. Man that place looks horrible. I agree that Cory is clueless but seriously Evelyn give the guy a break. When you're coming to live like that for the first time having been used to a much higher standard of living all your life that's harsh. Although yeah at least she's being honest. Might be time for Cory to go home though. 

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Yeah, I get it, what woman wouldn't want to go the extra mile to trap a fantastic catch like Paul.

Kreenie's no prize, either. I think she's zombie-like and totally devoid of any kind of attractive personality 

• Love 11

All great observations/ posts.

Thinking about the scene where Jenny was getting rid of her wardrobe  and what she’s been wearing is a thousand times better, downright beautiful. 

So are we to understand 5 years ago on her months long visit Summit didn’t leave her side?  That’s not natural.  My first trip abroad I was 30 on business trip of my husband’s and I was nervous about being in a country that didn’t speak English and just my lack of sense of direction.   Oh this was to a city that was the millionaire capital  and had 0% crime.  Does she think of herself as a senior or a vital sex kitten of some kind. Get a can of Mace or pepper spray  and venture into town lady and get a pedicure. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, PrimeTuner said:

Indeed. He comes from a large Mormon family and he is way over his head on this one. I didn't know Ecuador was that poor - it looks terrible over there. Even Laos and Cambodia are more modern and developed than Engabao. Who lives in a house with walls that only go halfway up? I've seen some pretty crazy stuff in Asia but nothing comes even close to Engabao. Man that place looks horrible. I agree that Cory is clueless but seriously Evelyn give the guy a break. When you're coming to live like that for the first time having been used to a much higher standard of living all your life that's harsh. Although yeah at least she's being honest. Might be time for Cory to go home though. 

She was so negative about the family compound in the woods but it was the lap of luxury next to her dump of a town.

• Love 11
23 hours ago, gingerella said:

If it IS producer driven, then the producers deserve whatever fresh hell karma awaits them.  Also, isn't not making any big life decisions AND being single for at least the first 12-18 months like the two biggest tenants in any recovery program?

Oh that's right I forgot about that...not get involved with someone for a year after getting sober.

Or another one is first the ex-addict should buy a plant and take care of this, and if the plant is still flourishing after one year then they should buy a pet. Then after two years if the plant and the pet are doing well then maybe they could consider a romantic relationship.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, RealReality said:

I think the thing is that there are so many social influences telling us that bigger people are per se less attractive. 

The poor health that accompanies obesity and the insistence that the rest of society pay for it are per se less attractive. Killing yourself at others' expense and considering that positive is an odd concept indeed. Tiffany is quite heavy, and there are minuses that accompany that. It's a fairly simple matter to become less heavy.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, BoomerRumor said:

The poor health that accompanies obesity and the insistence that the rest of society pay for it are per se less attractive. Killing yourself at others' expense and considering that positive is an odd concept indeed. Tiffany is quite heavy, and there are minuses that accompany that. It's a fairly simple matter to become less heavy.

Generally there are associated health issues that come from morbid obesity.  But there are also "skinny obese" people who can encounter the same problems but not the same degree of societal distaste.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/time.com/14407/the-hidden-dangers-of-skinny-fat/%3famp=true

I also don't think it's a fairly simple matter to get the weight off and keep it off.  I remember watching an HBO documentary series on obesity and there was a woman who had lost a great deal of weight.  She had to follow a strict diet and worked out nearly four hours a day to keep the weight off.  And she didn't look spectacular...she looked normal.

And then there are the recent competitors from the biggest loser and their plights to keep weight off.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/6-years-after-the-biggest-loser-metabolism-is-slower-and-weight-is-back-up/

Morbid obesity will, for sure tax various systems of your body.  But it's not any more healthy to be on the extreme at the other side of the spectrum.  But many people likely see functional anorexics and bulemics and don't immediately judge them as being unattractive.

• Love 5
On 8/2/2019 at 9:54 PM, magemaud said:

But as she whined in the airport, "My cell phone doesn't work here..." 

maybe "Where can I buy some Depends" is more appropriate

Yes, every time they show the couple, it says he's 30, she's 60. 

Shows you how much I pay attention!  Honestly, He looks much older than 30 to me.

20 hours ago, magemaud said:

Kreenie's no prize, either. I think she's zombie-like and totally devoid of any kind of attractive personality 

And wow, Paul is no looker but Kreenie is really fugly.  She basically looks like her dad, with false eyelashes.  

Edited by sasha206
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 8/2/2019 at 10:05 AM, RealReality said:

How is it that Paul, a man half her age who couldn't hold down a job shovelling cow poops figure out a translator app and Jenny can't? 

Lol - we are never going to let it be forgotten that Paul couldn’t even keep a cow-poop-shoveling job.  It’s the perfect benchmark against which to measure everyone else’s incompetence.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 10:39 AM, Mothra said:

While it was profoundly stupid of Laura--and we told her so, right here on this forum--to bring sex toys and books to Aladin so he could improve his technique in bed, I kind of sympathize with her.  I don't know if this is generally true, but I think it's true about Laura and me.

I don't care if he bangs you like a screen door in a hurricane, if his foreplay is not up to par, or is non-existent, he's not going to rock your world.  Unfortunately, this is not (imo) something that can be taught.  Little boys who are brought up in families where physical affection is freely and lovingly given as a matter of course throughout the day are going to be better in bed than all the men who study and apply all the lessons from every sex book in existence.

I would imagine that in some cultures showing physical affection to little boys is seen as risking making them sissies or some other nonsense, when in fact it is more likely to drive women away from them when it comes to the sack.  Unfortunately, it's a little like figuring out when a person reaches middle age:  once you know it's been lacking in your childhood, it's too late to do anything about it.  You need a time machine to leap forward to see how you'll be as a sex partner and then go back and choose your parents accordingly.

I think most anything can be taught, with patience.  But Laura had one night of haven't gotten any in 6 months jiggy jiggy (which frankly, would be fast for just about anyone) to whipping out the vibrator.  Right after she had suggested another round, insinuating that she had no issues with said jiggy.  How about a freaking conversation with your husband?  It takes time to know each other best in bed, but it's much faster if you actually have discussions about it before leaping to toys and humiliating your man (unless that's what you're both into I guess).

• Love 8

I wonder if summits parents want him home to look after their needs and bring home his paycheck!  A lot of elderly parents are like that!

Jenny would just be another mouth to feed and must not bring much to the family of they had her before and don't want her back!

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I wonder if summits parents want him home to look after their needs and bring home his paycheck!  A lot of elderly parents are like that!

Jenny would just be another mouth to feed and must not bring much to the family of they had her before and don't want her back!

Perhaps the daughter in law might be expected to help care for the “elderly” parents?  Hard to do when you’re probably older than they are and already need help washing your hair and cutting your toenails!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

My vice is some Malbec!!!  (I don't smoke, lol!)

Scotch is my choice, though I’d be just as happy with a nice glass (or two) of red wine!

I’m not sure I would make it through an episode without SOMETHING!! 😁

Edited by ThereButFor
  • Love 1
On 7/30/2019 at 8:45 AM, LilMissKnowitall said:

I'm not understanding the hating on tiffany' s size; yes she's heavy but she's proportioned and she's certainly not seconds away from being on Dr Now's operating table. Wtf with this intense reaction? She's smaller than or similar to others on the shows who never get this much animosity about size; is it just an easy target because people dislike her parenting choices and are redirecting their anger? 

rs_600x600-190506134827-600-90-day-the-other-way-ch-050619 (1).jpg

Medically, she’s overweight, but I think she’s a beautiful girl who dresses her figure quite nicely. She carries her weight very well. 

Edited by Mu Shu
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Medically, she’s overweight, but I think she’s a beautiful girl who dresses her figure quite nicely. She carries her weight very well. 

Being heavier is a sign of affluence and wealth in Southern Africa, so she is, by local standards, fairly normal. But her internal 'picker' and her 'common sense' are sorely lacking.

• Love 2
On 8/4/2019 at 7:14 AM, DiamondGirl said:

Lol - we are never going to let it be forgotten that Paul couldn’t even keep a cow-poop-shoveling job.  It’s the perfect benchmark against which to measure everyone else’s incompetence.

LMAO.  It's also the measure I judge myself by.  If I do something dumb I'll be like "come on girl, even a terrorist who can't hold down a poop shovelling job could do this!  Get it together!"

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Malbec? That sounds very important and aristocratic, like Port. 

It is oh so classy as I sip it from a mug that reads "Cup of Happy" - LOL!!  It is just a red wine that I like, like a Merlot.  Malbec is from Argentina.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2