Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Ripped Apart

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Tiffany has the best and prettiest eye makeup of all reality tv franchises, including all the real housewives.

I can't stand that goth look.  In one TH, she had on very little eye makeup and looked a lot like Emily Blunt.

39 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Really? Do you get professional pedicures? Not attacking you just asking- if you’ll pay someone to do it as a relaxing thing in a public setting it seems reasonable to ask your SO to do such a thing at home. 

I've always thought it's kind of gross to pay a stranger to deal with one's gnarly feet out in public. 

I'm also sure there will come a time when I can't reach my toes to safely trim the nails, and am realizing it was kind of smart to land a guy who's ten years younger than I am.  Can't say it occurred to me at the time, but it's looking pretty shrewd the older I get.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

But Ronald isn’t even hot. I mean he isn’t ugly or anything like that but he’s not on the “cute” side by any means. So he’s average looking, an addict, stole from his Mom and is fresh out of rehab. How is he improving her life?!! I’m sure she could find a guy she was attracted to just as much as Ronald, who wasn’t an addict and didn’t have a habit of stealing from his mother of all people, oh and didn’t require her to uproot her son. 

But he may be hot to Tiffany.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I can't stand that goth look.  In one TH, she had on very little eye makeup and looked a lot like Emily Blunt.

I've always thought it's kind of gross to pay a stranger to deal with one's gnarly feet out in public. 

I'm also sure there will come a time when I can't reach my toes to safely trim the nails, and am realizing it was kind of smart to land a guy who's ten years younger than I am.  Can't say it occurred to me at the time, but it's looking pretty shrewd the older I get.

Ha! Younger men for the win.

I love pedicures- I get one once a month May-Sept with biweekly polish change to keep my French polish nice and then once every other month in the winter months. Yes I’m vain. Don’t judge please. 🤣

For eons old men have been offering middle aged women finacial security in exchange for companionship and caregiving in their last years, I think more women should follow suit if it pleases them (so long as people are honest with each other). 

I don’t know what Summit’s deal is but I trust him more than Aladin.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

You know, Jenny walks very loosely, compared to allegedly 10 years younger Laura. She seems to be in decent shape. I noticed Jenny does have beautiful eyes, and her hair isn’t bad, it’s just too fine to be so long. 

Is there something odd about the way Jenny walks?  It's like she has some odd limp or a knee/hip issue.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

It seems that every single woman on the reality shows I watch have learned how to stencil their eyebrows, and I think I might find it pretty on one or two but holy god in heaven.  Is this a Thing?  Is it on social media?  I think Tiffany's makeup is very artful--is she a beautician?--but let's give the eyebrows a rest, ladies.

And the ones who could use eyebrow work (looking at you, Jenny) are the only ones out of the loop.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Mothra said:

It seems that every single woman on the reality shows I watch have learned how to stencil their eyebrows, and I think I might find it pretty on one or two but holy god in heaven.  Is this a Thing?  Is it on social media?  I think Tiffany's makeup is very artful--is she a beautician?--but let's give the eyebrows a rest, ladies.

And the ones who could use eyebrow work (looking at you, Jenny) are the only ones out of the loop.

I think Tiffany mentioned in episode 1 that she was a professional makeup artist. She likely has a cosmetology degree. 

• Love 4

All y’all saying Tiffany is pretty.... are kind. Dunno where y’all live, but she average at BEST imo. And after baiting that kid Daniel with dreams of eating candy from exotic countries, I hope to goodness they gave him a huge gift basket when he got there with local candies. Poor kid. 

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, Mothra said:

OMG, yes about the eyebrows.  It amazes me how many brow products even exist this day.  And it's hilarious to me to watch these makeup tutorials by the "influencers" on youtube.  My God it takes these young, beautiful girls, hours and multiple products to end up looking like drag queens.  When you see the women in person who put makeup on like Instamodels, it looks so so bad.  

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

But he may be hot to Tiffany.

I would say both his face and his body are above average.  Go to a mall or a park and look at all the schlubs walking around.  She may also be one of those women who find an accent charming.

Her face is above average but her body is average to below average for her age.  She’s not that much smaller than Nicole on 90 Day.  So all other things being equal she is getting the better end of the bargain in the looks department.  

Of course all things are not equal as he is an addict and a criminal.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Kroliosis said:

Is there something odd about the way Jenny walks?  It's like she has some odd limp or a knee/hip issue.

She is clunky.  And Laura was walking oddly because she wore heels on an international trip.

• Love 2

I found it very rich indeed for Ronald to tell us that he went to the employer and promised to pay back everything in return for the employer dropping the charges against him.  Which he did.  After which Ronald went immediately to the "wellness" center.  So, how is he paying his employer back?  Or, since the employer dropped the charges does Ronald now feel like he no longer has to pay him back.  Tiffany should have really asked some follow-up questions.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

I just want to wrap Daniel up in my arms.  "It's going to be awesome that we have him [Ronald] in our lives every day..."  Yes, how awesome to have a thief and addict every day instead of loving family members back home where human trafficking is less likely to happen to you little boy.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 24
5 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Thank you! I was trying to think of something equally gross  to clipping. The thing is she asked if he wanted to paint her nails like something  she saw in a bad movie. She’s fancying herself  a sex kitten. why else would she allow filming it?   Sumee when your done pouring  water over my head and clipping nails could you tend to the boil on my ass? 

The movie is "Bull Durham."

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Tiffany needed to ask Ronald a lot more follow-up questions before she took that poor kid over there. That place looks like a shite hole and completely unsuitable for a child  

Joon mentioned he needed to go back to Korea to work. Does anyone know what he does for a living? His dad is a hoot. I really enjoyed his parents. Joon really seems to love Devan. 

I don’t think Elin even likes Cody, do you? I wonder if she knows he blew through his life savings? How is he going to support her? 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

"I was wearing my friend's jacket"?? Who the hell would buy that?

The enabler believes that, also an addict will say the most ridiculous lies until he believes it to be true. 

I do not know what the rush is to marry this unstable guy, I would want him to bring something to table other than poorly packed baggage and lot's of it.  Why go so far and spend so much money to find this person when they are all over Frederick, side note my husband just won tickets to a Frederick Keys game, I bet I could find a better choice of men for Tiffany in that stadium.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I just want to wrap Daniel up in my arms.  "It's going to be awesome that we have him [Ronald] in our lives every day..."  Yes, how awesome to have a thief and addict every day instead of loving family members back home where human trafficking is less likely to happen to you little boy.

I think you meant to say "mah boy."

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Joon mentioned he needed to go back to Korea to work. Does anyone know what he does for a living? 

He sells used phones from a little storefront.

9 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The enabler believes that, also an addict will say the most ridiculous lies until he believes it to be true. 

I do not know what the rush is to marry this unstable guy, I would want him to bring something to table other than poorly packed baggage and lot's of it.  Why go so far and spend so much money to find this person when they are all over Frederick, side note my husband just won tickets to a Frederick Keys game, I bet I could find a better choice of men for Tiffany in that stadium.

I know women sometimes wear their friends’ clothes but in my experience men rarely do this.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Am I the only one not grossed out by the toenail trimming?

Granted I wouldn’t have filmed it but I don’t consider it “gross”. It’s just a toe nail in your own house. Family members don’t give each other pedicures? That’s something we did when I had sleep overs as a kid (those at home spa tubs that make bubbles).

It’s convenient for elderly members who might not be as limber or don’t have the time/inclination/desire/money to get a professional one.

Granted I did grow up in a home with more than one family member that needed around the clock care including bathing and toileting so I’m not phased by these things at all.

I wasn't fully grossed out, but I wouldn't have my fiance clipping my crusty unpedicured toenails.  Let's save that treat for a couple years into marriage.  

It did make me agree with other posters who think Jenny may have wanted to get a two-fer.  She can use her SS to live better than she could in America AND it comes with a live in caretaker she can have sex with.  

Her clip here not there comments, having him heat her water, do the chores, etc.  It just seems like he is in the role of home health aide. 

It's possible that Jenny is far smarter than she looks.

Edited by RealReality
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I found it very rich indeed for Ronald to tell us that he went to the employer and promised to pay back everything in return for the employer dropping the charges against him.  Which he did.  After which Ronald went immediately to the "wellness" center.  So, how is he paying his employer back?  Or, since the employer dropped the charges does Ronald now feel like he no longer has to pay him back.  Tiffany should have really asked some follow-up questions.

I promise you that mom was on deck to help with that payoff.... perhaps a second mortgage?  Ronald seems like the type who would be okay with that.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think you meant to say "mah boy."

The way he says it just irks me. Especially when he said "do you know what human trafficking is mah boy?" I half expected to see a barefoot and pregnant Tiff cowering while Ron took another swig of tequila while passive aggressively bullying mah boy with tales of how quickly he could disappear.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Really? Do you get professional pedicures? Not attacking you just asking- if you’ll pay someone to do it as a relaxing thing in a public setting it seems reasonable to ask your SO to do such a thing at home. 

My Mom says my Grandmother (who died before I was born) always gave my grandfather pedicures way before it was a “thing” men could do in public nail salons (in the 1940s-1960s). Maybe that’s why I don’t think it’s odd. 

Yes I do get pedicures & as I said,  I need to look away & plug my ears when they are clipping my nails.  I'm glad you are able to see it as a romantic gesture,  I don't,  would never ask my husband to clip my toenails and I  would never clip his.  Has nothing to do with my love for him.  

• Love 14
8 hours ago, RealReality said:

I wasn't fully grossed out, but I wouldn't have my fiance clipping my crusty unpedicured toenails.  Let's save that treat for a couple years into marriage.  

It did make me agree with other posters who think Jenny may have wanted to get a two-fer.  She can use her SS to live better than she could in America AND it comes with a live in caretaker she can have sex with.  

Her clip here not there comments, having him heat her water, do the chores, etc.  It just seems like he is in the role of home health aide. 

It's possible that Jenny is far smarter than she looks.

If Sumit is stupid enough to go along with it then he deserves the drudgery of being Jenny’s home health aide.  He’s already given up his job anyway!  In the first episode I remember his friends telling him it would be like having a baby who needs you 24/7.  

Certainly I can see caring for a family member who is unable to do things like this for themselves, but these two have spent very little time together in person up to now.  I guess I just really dislike Jenny and her trying to be a “youngster” along with all the crying behind those stupid huge glasses.  

I just wonder how she’ll cope with Sumit going home and leaving her in the apartment on her own!  (If he actually does.)

• Love 10
8 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

The way he says it just irks me. Especially when he said "do you know what human trafficking is mah boy?" I half expected to see a barefoot and pregnant Tiff cowering while Ron took another swig of tequila while passive aggressively bullying mah boy with tales of how quickly he could disappear.

You just made that scene in to a Tennessee Williams play!

• LOL 15
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I live in Frederick!  Let's find Tiffany a man!  And yes, she could easily find a cute addict here, but he wouldn't have that accent which I guarantee you is 95% of the pull he  has with her!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

All ya'll saying Jenny walks funny reminds me of an aunt who is Jenny's age- and she recently underwent knee replacement surgery. She was upset as it is summer and she couldn't paint her toenails, so we got her gift certificate for a pedicure. Maybe Jenny is physically unable to bend over to do her own toes? And let's face it, those nails aren't going to file themselves.

Sumit has "mommy issues". No judgement here, but I think he and Aladin both have "mommy issue" syndrome. If it works for them, then best of luck, but in Summit's case I think his love for Jenny stems from a more family orientated "comfort"/ need- kind of love. And Sumit obviously needs to be "needed". Jenny has the emotional relationship maturity as I did when I was 15, so they will complement each other nicely! I am in my mid 30's and I'd die first rather than be in a "secret hidden" relationship with a man because he couldn't tell his family about me. Too much trifling-ness! Grow the heck up Jenny. And for goodness sake, someone introduce her to IPL therapy or fractional laser for her neck. It really isn't that expensive and most med spas will let you buy a pay as you go package, but the results can be dramatic (if you stay out of the sun and follow up maintenance).

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

I live in Frederick!  Let's find Tiffany a man!  And yes, she could easily find a cute addict here, but he wouldn't have that accent which I guarantee you is 95% of the pull he  has with her!

Frederick is about 45 min away from us and we have never gone to a Keys game and now I know why, now I have a calling...find a local addict for Tiffany!

57 minutes ago, Cammi said:

Sumit has "mommy issues".

No, Submit has "grandmother issues," (says the woman of a certain age so don't hate).

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Spike said:

I would say both his face and his body are above average.  Go to a mall or a park and look at all the schlubs walking around.  She may also be one of those women who find an accent charming.

Her face is above average but her body is average to below average for her age.  She’s not that much smaller than Nicole on 90 Day.  So all other things being equal she is getting the better end of the bargain in the looks department.  

Of course all things are not equal as he is an addict and a criminal.

imO Tiffany aimed way higher than her own level looks wise with Ronald, whom I also consider to be above average in looks (body and face). Maybe Tiffany is pretty, but she is fairly overweight for such a young woman. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

imO Tiffany aimed way higher than her own level looks wise with Ronald, whom I also consider to be above average in looks (body and face). Maybe Tiffany is pretty, but she is fairly overweight for such a young woman. 

Looks wise, I think she just edges him out.  Point for point they are maybe evenly matched.  She has a very pretty face and she knows how to do her makeup.  His face is not as attractive and it looks a little weasely to me.

She is bigger and traditionally that is less attractive....though she appears to have a defined waist which is good for her.  He has a normal body I suppose, though if he keeps eating those deep fried goodies its a matter of time before he is not looking so healthy. 

His basic body.....though not bad, is not enough to overcome the weasel face.  I also get the feeling that his teeth may not be the best.  He isn't ugly in the face, it just looks a weasely to me.

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I do think knowing Ronald is a thief and an addict who stole from his mother effects how I view his appearance. Also if a man WANTED a big woman (because that’s what he prefers) Tiffany would be way higher on the attractiveness scale than Ronald compared to a guy that wanted a thinner body type but happened to like Tiffany as an individual.

53 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Looks wise, I think she just edges him out.  Point for point they are maybe evenly matched.  She has a very pretty face and she knows how to do her makeup.  His face is not as attractive and it looks a little weasely to me.

She is bigger and traditionally that is less attractive....though she appears to have a defined waist which is good for her.  He has a normal body I suppose, though if he keeps eating those deep fried goodies its a matter of time before he is not looking so healthy. 

His basic body.....though not bad, is not enough to overcome the weasel face.  I also get the feeling that his teeth may not be the best.  He isn't ugly in the face, it just looks a weasely to me.

I think Ronald looks SLUMPY, like he just woke up from a nap because he has a bad head cold but he looks that way ALL the time.

This is because he’s on something? I admit I am the last person to assume someone is a substance abuser- I would assume a cognitive disability or a TBI before that given my life experiences. But we just learned he had drugs on him....ummmhmmm. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

No, Submit has "grandmother issues," (says the woman of a certain age so don't hate).

Very true.  If Jenny had a child at 15 who then had a child at 15 he could be her grandson!  

• LOL 2
29 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

She sure doesn't act like it.  Fortunately for her, he doesn't seem to notice.

There's got to be more going on there than we're seeing.

I think so too.  I don't buy that that car was 6k.  I get that for that part of the world you would want a car that was a bit of a junker.  A high end luxury vehicle is not only a waste but repairs and upkeep would be a near impossibility.

But that car was a bridge too far.  An older but well maintained car would have been more believable. 

Also, why was their car the only one on the road?  Is engabo a city with one car?  And it's THAT car?  And why was Corey driving in the middle of the road?   

I wouldn't pay 6k for that car in the US, and so I'd think that $6k USD in a country like equador is a lot of money and would at least get you a well maintained but older vehicle.  

So, in short, it's entirely possible we are getting punked.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
39 minutes ago, ThereButFor said:

Very true.  If Jenny had a child at 15 who then had a child at 15 he could be her grandson!  

@Baltimore Betty and @ThereButFor you guys are HILARIOUS but that’s being a little extreme.

My sister is Summit’s age and my Mom is way older than Jenny. She doesn’t consider people in their 20s and 30s young enough to be her grandchild. Someone 30yrs your senior is not “grandparent status”- 50 years okay, but not 30!!!!!!

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I think so too.  I don't buy that that car was 6k.  I get that for that part of the world you would want a car that was a bit of a junker.  A high end luxury vehicle is not only a waste but repairs and upkeep would be a near impossibility.

But that car was a bridge too far.  An older but well maintained car would have been more believable. 

Also, why was their car the only one on the road?  Is engabo a city with one car?  And it's THAT car?  And why was Corey driving in the middle of the road?   

I wouldn't pay 6k for that car in the US, and so I'd think that $6k USD in a country like equador is a lot of money and would at least get you a well maintained but older vehicle.  

So, in short, it's entirely possible we are getting punked.  

Evelyn charged a $5950 commission.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 5
On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 11:14 PM, steff13 said:

I thought Jihoon looked very handsome in his moody black turtleneck and coat. 

I am a complete sucker for a guy in a black turtleneck so even Jihoon with his questionable taste in hairdo looked attractive wearing that.

21 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

I had to ff through the toe nail cutting scene.  The sound of nail trimming is one of those sounds like nails going down a blackboard to me.  Even when I have a pedicure, I have to turn my head & plug my ears.  To me,  asking your spouse/ Significant Other to trim your  toenails is no different than asking them to pick  your nose for you. 

Yes,  Corey complains...a lot... but I think he was expecting a bit nicer accommodations & vehicle for the money he has put out.  I was confused at the discussion over ther cooking pot. It sounded as if he had sent her money to buy all that stuff brand new, that pot was disgusting!  No worries though,  Evilyn says we can go buy new ones!   

The  South African couple...I am so angry about!  First,  she's claims at the beginning if  Daniel is not comfortable, she would not go through with the wedding.  The poor kid is terrified! She even commented at the dinner date that there were too many coincidences.  

I was only surprised about the nail cutting scene bec she was so bossy telling him how to do it. Lady, if you want your toes done a certain way, go pay somebody to do it for you.

I thought my eyes were gonna bug out when Evilyn said they need to go shopping. Lady! The man HAS provided for you, in the tens of thousands for that shithole of an apartment. You couldn't get a decent pot with a teeny ounce of that money?

21 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Angela was brazen about her diaper being changed as she gets older. I guess these ladies are on to something there huh?

19 hours ago, Spike said:

Can't we get a couple with a guy from Ireland or Scotland? What I'd give to watch and hear those charming accents. Don't need Ronald barking "Boerewors" at me. Nothing too charming about that at all.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Lily247 said:

Just going on looks alone, I think Ronald is physically better looking than she is.  She has a pretty face, but she is really overweight at such a young age; I think her weight is only going to get worse as she ages.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I am probably alone with this one but I thought Sumit's cutting Jenny's toenails was sweet, and it was a level of intimacy that you don't see on these shows.  I don't know what his intentions are, but that was a sweet scene.  

I thought it cute, too.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I do think knowing Ronald is a thief and an addict who stole from his mother effects how I view his appearance. Also if a man WANTED a big woman (because that’s what he prefers) Tiffany would be way higher on the attractiveness scale than Ronald compared to a guy that wanted a thinner body type but happened to like Tiffany as an individual.

I think Ronald looks SLUMPY, like he just woke up from a nap because he has a bad head cold but he looks that way ALL the time.

Idk... i havent watched enough of this season to know the couples backstories enough, however,  from snaps, I see that Ronald is tall, in shape, has a good amount of hair on his head, and looks pretty strong. That is pretty much the ideal of what a man needs to be good looking in western society IMO, I scratching my head at their pairing because I still see them am so physically mismatched, until I learned that he has problems with addictions, theft, arrests, being a delinquet whatever, which would explain his being single I guess. Or perhaps he just likes very curvy women and. I missed that. If Tiffany were a smart girl - from my perspective - she would focus on losing weight, looking for a QUALITY guy here in the US rather than shlepping her poor 8 year old child overseas, away from his grandma and friends, different education system, etc, plus I heard that South Africa is quite dangerous with street crime being a normal daily occurence in all neighborhoods. 

• Love 5