Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 7/22/2019

falltime
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, falltime said:

The mami moment felt so familiar, have Joy and Ana already had a convo about mommy/mami before or am I experiencing deja vu.

"Mami" and "papi" aren't the same as saying "Mother" and "Father" in English or in Spanish.  It's a cultural endearment among Hispanic populations--not used solely for parents and spouses.  I'm a bit embarrassed for Joy because she doesn't realize she appears to be ridiculing the terms.

This isn't your madre and padre.  Hey, Sunny and Ana, take Joy out to lunch and 'splain the whole thing.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
48 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

I dont see that either, Meghan has a lot of time to speak, that what this thread has been about. .Anyway they are on holidays soon, so it will b a good break for them all. I had to laugh Friday, Joy has been saying imachech for two very long years, Friday she said forget about Impeachment, that was good for a giggle. I wish Whoopie had been there, love me some Whoopie

The reason that she said she has changed her mind re impeachment is because after hearing Mueller testify to the number of illegal acts Trump and his cronies have done, she'd rather see him prosecuted for these things AFTER he leaves office, like a regular citizen, rather than go through the hopeless impeachment process. There are a lot of folks who feel this way due to the fact McConnell and the Senate will never convict him of anything.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
On 7/25/2019 at 1:11 PM, tinkerbell said:

Meghan might say she doesnt like or support trump, but she repeated the lie that "mueller found  there was no collusion. " what the fuck is wrong with her?

She also said that she would never vote for a Democrat on Friday's show.

She turned real first class bitch on Ana when Ana tried to remind her that she, too, is a Republican: "Well, I would never vote for a Democrat."

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Sarah Heart said:

After means nothing imnsho, but Joy is a one trick pony. 

Joy needs no support from me, but she's ANYTHING BUT a one-trick pony.

1 hour ago, Sarah Heart said:

I tune in to see Whoopi :-)

I tune in every weekday hoping against hope Whoopi's gone.  My hopes are generally dashed.

• Love 23
(edited)
6 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I noticed it and I appreciate it.  I think it may have started after Sunny's rep threatened legal action when Meghan's husband (not sure if he's the culprit) spread the rumor that Sunny is "the leaker."  Also, hasn't Meghan told Sunny, "Don't look at me like that," so Sunny is playing Meghan's game.  Childish, sure...but aren't we all at times?

I admit I've played the ignore game, but it wasn't in front of an audience of millions. I think Sunny is being unprofessional and it's not a good look in case future employers are watching. 

Wait a minute, isn't Sunny a "when they go low, we go high" supporter?

4 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I tune in every weekday hoping against hope Whoopi's gone.  My hopes are generally dashed.

I tune in to keep my doctor and pharmacist in business.

Edited by Blissfool
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I'd be tempted to lash out verbally at Meghan, so I respect Sunny's way of just tuning her out.   

I agree, Sunny is a bigger person than I am. If that spoiled bitch tried to get me fired by accusing me of leaks just because it got out that she'd cursed out a producer and it made her look bad, I would do much worse than turn the opposite direction when we were sitting at the table.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

She also said that she would never vote for a Democrat on Friday's show.

Right.  In 2020 a vote for anyone other than the Democratic nominee will effectively be a vote for Trump.  So way to go MM, for voting for the man who has vilified your father and his memory.

• Love 15
(edited)
8 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I admit I've played the ignore game, but it wasn't in front of an audience of millions. I think Sunny is being unprofessional and it's not a good look in case future employers are watching. 

Wait a minute, isn't Sunny a "when they go low, we go high" supporter?

I don't think Sunny has to worry about any "future employers". She's an accomplished legal analyst who  also happens to be on the View. She's got more brains and class in her pinkie finger than Meghan McCain has in her whole body. Once  during one of her many screeching outbursts, McCain yelled at Sunny to quit looking at her, and Sunny said, "Now I can't look at you?", so Sunny ignoring her has been a perfect reaction. I hope Sunny keeps it up if McCain returns to the show, which I'm afraid she will. MM plays a victim, but she loves the media attention.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 24
(edited)

Meghan accused Sunny of doing something she didn't do with the intention of getting her fired. So what was Sunny supposed to do? Act like everything is hunky dory between them? No she has every right to freeze Meghan out. Contrary to what Meghan says it is not her co hosts job to listen to her. 

And if anyone needs to worry about future employers it's Meghan.  Her behavior at the View on stage and between the scenes will give anyone considering hiring her pause. She has created a hostile work environment and at any other job that would be grounds to be fired or risk being sued by other employees. 

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 20
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I agree.  Why does Sunny HAVE to respond to Meghan?  Meghan doesn't show her any respect.  Weren't we all told as children that if someone is bothering you to "ignore?"  that's what Sunny is doing.   

I'd be tempted to lash out verbally at Meghan, so I respect Sunny's way of just tuning her out.  

I've thought about whether I like Sunny's response to Meghan. I notice it now because I look for it, but she isn't really that obvious. She looks forward rather than off to her left. Meghan is probably sandpaper to her, so best keep up some guard and remain cool and professional. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
(edited)

Same here to the others who would have a  hard time not going after Nutmeg. I would cut a bitch! Her specifically! After witnessing firsthand ( I sat right behind her on camera) her despicable temper tantrum and meltdown a few feet from me to her nasty disrespectful remarks pointed at Ana, Joy and Sunny .... ice her out all you want! She deserves it and more. 

Edited by WonderWuman73
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, WonderWuman73 said:

Same here to the others who would have a  hard time not going after Nutmeg. I would cut a bitch! Her specifically! After witnessing firsthand ( I sat right behind her on camera) her despicable temper tantrum and meltdown a few feet from me to her nasty disrespectful remarks pointed at Ana, Joy and Sunny .... ice her out all you want! She deserves it and more. 

If you can find it, please repost your report of that day you were in the audience.  I remember we discussed it before, but I can't quite remember everything that happened that day.

Also, I remember you almost got to attend tapings on another one or two occasions but something came up and you couldn't go.  Have you been able to attend again since that time?

• Love 1
19 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I generally don't watch The View, in that I am usually doing something on my laptop and have it on like a radio. So I didn't notice Sunny freezing out Meghan until I read it here. But, like "don't think about zebras!," it's now all I can concentrate on.

I love it! (Why, yes, I am a Scorpio, why do you ask?) It's such an effective passive/aggressive way to throw shade at Meghan without saying a word.

Sunny can threaten legal action for what Meghan is doing to her, accusing her -- without any basis that we know of -- of malicious slander. What makes Sunny's freezing out of Meghan so delicious is that there's not a damn thing Meghan can do. "She's not looking at me during the shows!!!" "She's answering my questions, but won't make eye contact with me!" Yeah, honey, try claiming harassment about that. 🙂

Meghan is such a drama queen who can't play the long con. She is wholly incapable of any introspection or of taking a moment to think things through. Meghan's quick-trigger personality makes her completely unable to do what Sunny is doing to her.

Like I said, I love it.

I honestly have not noticed this “shade” that you are referring to. Yes, Meghan is a piece of work, but if Sunny is actually doing this then it reflects badly on her. What point is Sunny making by behaving this way? In my opinion, it makes her look just as bad and immature as Meghan.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Meghan told Sunny not to look at her, so Sunny is merely following her orders. 

Exactly. That’s what makes Sunny’s behavior so immature. I would have thought that she was more mature than Meghan, but apparently not. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, Haleth said:

What’s unprofessional is going behind your coworker’s back and trying to get her fired because you believe she badmouthed you. 

Thank you. The fact that Sunny hasn’t at best, read her for filth on air, or at worst, knocked her off that stool speaks volumes about her maturity. Can you imagine being an accomplished journalist, commentator, attorney, federal prosecutor etc and some obnoxious twit who coasted in on the scene solely because she’s her father’s daughter tries to get you fired from the job you’ve been working at for years  because she *thought* you *may* have said something slightly negative about her? Not to mention the regular bouts of rudeness on camera. There’s only so much a person can take. The wall of ice is equal parts uncomfortable and satisfying to watch, but I’m sure Sunny is trying to just get through this last week peacefully. I’m sure Idris coming to the panel will help 😊

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, Kenz said:

If she wanted to, Sunny could cut Meghan down with a few succinct words and embarrass her easily. By not having interaction with her, Sunny actually is taking the high road. Why should she put up with McCain's rudeness? Why should Meghan McCain be allowed to run roughshod over the panel members? 

She may have been advised (legally)to have as little interaction with Meghan as possible and decided to have some fun with it.  It has been fun for many of us.  

3 hours ago, ching5411 said:

Exactly. That’s what makes Sunny’s behavior so immature

I'm "intuiting" this is a minority opinion.

• Love 11
23 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

And if anyone needs to worry about future employers it's Meghan.  Her behavior at the View on stage and between the scenes will give anyone considering hiring her pause. She has created a hostile work environment and at any other job that would be grounds to be fired or risk being sued by other employees. 

And if they don't "pause," they deserve exactly what they get!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I don't condone Meghan's behavior, but just because Meghan is "the bad guy," doesn't mean that Sunny can do no wrong. I expect more maturity and professionalism from Sunny. If she wants to shut out Meghan, she can absolutely do so---off camera. No "good mornings," no lunch invites, no social media following, no gifts, no "sorry for your loss (miscarriage)", no talk whatsoever backstage. 

When I say that future employers might look down on this on-camera behavior, I mean in the talk-show world. Which talk show executive is going to want to hire a person that shuts down a member of the panel? If this was any other talk show, with producers and executives that know how to do their job, there would have already been a mediation between them. However, we are talking about The View, where TPTB let the co-hosts get away with a multitude of things that other talk shows do not put up with, such as, screeching, improper moderating, eating, eye-rolling, unpreparedness, and scolding viewers.

And since Joy referred me to The Talk 😉, I'll just say that I do not think Sunny's behavior would be acceptable there. Neither would Meghan's.

• Love 4
On 7/26/2019 at 8:15 AM, JayD83 said:

YES SUNNY!  Get those people out that didn't vote last time.  Forget about these racist, xenophobic Trump supporters.  Finally somebody had the cojones to say it on the show! 

Didn't Hilary C. call them out as deplorables in a View visit?  Sure thought that happened.

• Love 1

Sunny responds to MM's comments. It's fine with me she doesn't look at her. Or continue to be include Meghan. I doubt most casual viewers are aware of what MM has said about Sunny. Or even MM's "problem" with Seth Meyers.

MM, imo - is a very nasty person and no one needs to  interact with her more than professionally.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, ching5411 said:

I honestly have not noticed this “shade” that you are referring to.

Then it's not obvious. Sunny shading her is subtle. She responds to Meghan, she doesn't start shit with her. She was told not to look at her, and she's literally NOT LOOKING AT HER. She's doing exactly what Meghan herself told her to do. Meghan cannot possibly object without looking like more of a clown than she already does.

And the great thing is, most viewers -- such as yourself -- don't even notice!

I will continue to love it. #teamsunnyofthefineandrighteousshade

• Love 21
(edited)

Here is my condensed version of the live show on November 20th  show of last year. 

“I went with my mom and got priority tickets. The table the ladies sit at, is very small.  I sat in the second row, next to rail right behind NutMeg’s Head. When I replayed the show back, I can be seen 4 times lol. Now the Show! When They came out , they look exactly like they do on TV just with a lot of pancake makeup on. NutMeg already looked like she was in a bad mood. The woman sitting next to my mom told my mom oh she’s not bad. (her opinion would change by the end of the show lol) 

Whoopi’s “Welcome to the View” chant I could hardly hear. You have to kind of strain to hear them talk. The volume is very low. The heated exchange after the first segment continued when they went to break. Whoopi started to point her finger at Megan, I wish I could’ve read her lips because she was in my full view. She was mad. You can tell she was trying to explain to Megan why she shut her down, but then all I can see is Megan’s backside...she was waving her finger back at Whoopi and her head was wiggling back and forth. She was getting increasingly upset, more finger pointing. Whoopi didn’t back down and finger pointed back. Rolling her eyes in exasperation, Whoopi had a pained WTF is wrong with this chick look?!

Then all of a sudden, Megan jumped out of her seat and walked off backstage. ...she had tears streaming down her face. 

Then about 8 people to 15 appeared on the stage. Producers...  makeup people were retouching the ladies. Mind you..When the Whoopi and Megan we’re going at it, they had their people surrounding them. Whoopi then started to go into explain mode to the main producer. You can tell she was trying to explain her side. And it looked like some of the producers ran off stage to get her back. The commercial breaks feel longer than the actual show segments. The show MC’s was trying to distract the audience by asking questions and cracking jokes. But it wasn’t working. The audience was clearly glued to what happened on stage. 

Maybe sensing the tension, Sunny got up from her chair (she would be the only one to engage and talk to the audience members, Whoopi did a few exchanges) and walked toward my section. She asked us how we were doing, if we liked her dress, and we asked her what she cooking for Thanksgiving. She would also walk over to opposite side and talk to the audience members Whoopi’s section. 

Then finally Megan came back. But you can tell she was crying. She had 3 makeup ppl with her. As they were reapplying her makeup, she was throwing a huge tantrum ‘ it’s not fair blah blah blah wah wah’ as her makeup people had to constantly redo dry her tears with Q-tips and  applying powder to her red  neck... after every segment. 

you can feel the tension in the room. And she had a scowl for the rest of show. As everyone saw, you could tell she couldn’t wait to get the hell out of there. In between each commercial break, she either kept her head down, never looked into the audience or engaged with anyone or ran off backstage sniffling. 

After Candice Bergen’s segment, they take  a group photo... then Candice and Whoopi move to back of the stage chatting and hugging. Joy and Abby (in between breaks were always at the table giggling with each other or on their phones) were chatting with one another..BUT Megan chose to isolate herself all the way in the back and preceded to rant and complain to her people. It was clearly visible to the audience. Then the  lady next to my mom said damn she’s so rude!!! Lol 

Everyone was watching her...

Megan then slipped out the side of the stage...Candice was still on the stage! Candice hugs and kisses everyone goodbye except Megan who left before her. 

When the ladies return to their seats, a producer walks up to Megan and tells her in her ear which I heard... Candice told me to tell you goodbye lmao 

When the show ends. The ladies get up. Megan storms off, no waving to the audience no acknowledging us... nothing... the rest of them smile and wave goodbye.....

Overheard in the audience in my section were comments  like: 

Omg she’s a Beech

The members from Dublin said wow she’s very rude .... 

why is she even on the show? 

And she looks like a lot fun not!” 

Edited by WonderWuman73
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
(edited)
8 hours ago, WonderWuman73 said:

Here is my condensed version of the live show on November 20th  show of last year. 

Thanks for the play-by-play.  What was the topic of the first segment?  If I remember correctly, this was not even MM's worst meltdown of the past year.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, deirdra said:

Thanks for the play-by-play.  What was the topic of the first segment?  If I remember correctly, this was not even MM's worst meltdown of the past year.

I don’t remember but everyone was talking over each other... it got heated. Nutmeg was screeching And Whoopi had to cut to a commercial. She yelled toward Nutmeg enough! Enough! Something like that and they broke to a commercial. Megan felt like she was screaming at her and not the others and didn’t appreciate it. So she bursted into ragey tears for the rest of the show. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2