Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Quilt Fairy

S06.E07: Night Raider

Recommended Posts

On 7/26/2019 at 3:54 PM, ClareWalks said:

I do wonder if that cancontained ALL the moose fat that he'd harvested

yes I wonder if he would have put "all his eggs in one basket"

But why didn't he built the labaz sooner? I'm not keeping track of the days so I'm not sure of how may days it took to attract the wolverine. Also why wouldn't Barry have made a net sooner, if you had the supplies . why not make it right away ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

This season has been really hard for me. As someone who escorts spiders outside, the shrieking and suffering and killing of animals is very uncomfortable to watch. ...but this episode, when it started again, I endeavored to settle myself. And I actually became appreciative that they are showing us the REALITY of the kill or die nature of the food chain. It was something that was missing when it was all about catching fish and mice or just starving it out. It is up to me if I choose to watch it. ...and I do.

...but I still root for the animals! 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Guess I’m the only one not rooting for Jordan. I think his killing of the wolverine was cruel.

I imagine he'll make a tasty meal for Jordan whatwith the gallon of moose fat he guzzled earlier that day.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, OoogleEyes said:

I think that this will be a showdown between Jordan and Woniya 

That's exactly what I was thinking. Neither has it in the bag. Jordan might get a little cocky with his hatchet or climbing his ladder. Woniya's new snares may or may not work out.

Share this post


Link to post

I would really like to see a woman win, just saying............lol.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

17 hours ago, TVbitch said:

...but I still root for the animals! 

LOL, so do I.   I think for me, in the case of the wolverine, he was doing what he needed to do to survive and Jordan killed him to win a game; plus, he was so damn happy about it.  I understand why he was happy about it and it's not morally wrong or anything but it wasn't fun for me to watch.

I don't know if it's been too much Alone or what but this season isn't grabbing me.  Even with the successful hunting it's not really interesting for me to watch. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, raven said:

I don't know if it's been too much Alone or what but this season isn't grabbing me.  Even with the successful hunting it's not really interesting for me to watch.

Ditto. I think it’s because everyone’s trying too hard to be good on camera. Nikki is about to kill herself while talking to the camera with a sharp knife in her hand.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, raven said:

LOL, so do I.   I think for me, in the case of the wolverine, he was doing what he needed to do to survive and Jordan killed him to win a game; plus, he was so damn happy about it.  I understand why he was happy about it and it's not morally wrong or anything but it wasn't fun for me to watch.

I don't know if it's been too much Alone or what but this season isn't grabbing me.  Even with the successful hunting it's not really interesting for me to watch. 

I agree with you about the killing, although I am enjoying this season so far in spite of that.  Ever since I had a collision with a deer about a month ago and had to witness it dying, I've felt differently about this.  And I was also thinking that this show is basically a game and not "real" survival, so I see the killing differently based on that.  When one of the female contestants was pissed that the fox was eating "her" rabbits, I thought to myself, "No, dear, you're eating HIS rabbits".

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tatortot said:

I would really like to see a woman win, just saying............lol.

I really like Jordan and have since the premiere, but if Woniya is doing this with the intention of starting a family by herself there's no one can beat her.

She just needs to keep herself in the game medically, because she'll crush it on the psychological side. A dream baby's one hell of a motivator. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Jordan right now is looking to be the strongest contestant in the history of this show. The dude isn't just surviving, he's thriving...in the arctic of all places, and in the campsite that had been burned out. Totally my favorite to win at this point. 

Of course anything can happen and one accident or a predator getting into his food stores can change the game. I hope he doesn't end up checking out due to boredom. A lot of times in previous seasons players with a strong survival game simply tapped out when they were out of projects, and given how successful he's been so far, that would be a major disappointment.

Edited by Scaeva
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Scaeva said:

Jordan right now is looking to be the strongest contestant in the history of this show. The dude isn't just surviving, he's thriving...in the arctic of all places, and in the campsite that had been burned out. Totally my favorite to win at this point. 

Jordan is lucky that he was dropped off by a marsh were a moose was coming down to feed...and he happened to bring a bow and arrows as some of his items.  We've seen other contestants in past seasons bring bows...as well as others this season...but Jordon lucked out that a massive edible creature happened to frequent near by.  Otherwise, he'd be firing arrows and small critters in trees like the rest of them.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

On 7/29/2019 at 7:49 AM, terrymct said:

Jordan is lucky that he was dropped off by a marsh were a moose was coming down to feed...and he happened to bring a bow and arrows as some of his items.  We've seen other contestants in past seasons bring bows...as well as others this season...but Jordon lucked out that a massive edible creature happened to frequent near by.  Otherwise, he'd be firing arrows and small critters in trees like the rest of them.

As much as it pained me to watch Jordan's moose suffer the way it did, I'm still rooting for Jordan. 

I felt from the beginning he was dropped off in a rather nasty place compared to the others, yet here he is making the best of a very sparse, burned out plot of land in the arctic no less.   

I don't see how there'd be many rabbits or squirrels making much of their own living in the burned trees and grasses to even shoot an arrow at. 

I remember at first, I was thinking if he didn't get a large animal he'd have to really like fish, because there just didn't seem to be a whole lot there to support much in the way of edible critters.  Even mice need grass and leaf cover for shelter and seeds. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/27/2019 at 9:07 PM, TVbitch said:

This season has been really hard for me. As someone who escorts spiders outside, the shrieking and suffering and killing of animals is very uncomfortable to watch. ...but this episode, when it started again, I endeavored to settle myself. And I actually became appreciative that they are showing us the REALITY of the kill or die nature of the food chain. It was something that was missing when it was all about catching fish and mice or just starving it out. It is up to me if I choose to watch it. ...and I do.

...but I still root for the animals! 

I do the same thing.   🕷️  🤗

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size