Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: What Eze the Problem?

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Given that they spent nearly all of the time playing in the water it clearly wouldn’t have ended in disaster and while he is lazy he would have just done nothing not harm the boat, it’s not as if Sandy and the two other crew members that we don’t see weren’t present. 

But Joao didn't know when deciding who to leave that they were just going to jet ski.  There's been issues before with something coming up unexpectedly and no deck crew around to handle it --  Cpt. Lee grumbling about not a single swinging dick on board comes to mind.  Of course Sandy probably would have just given one of her shitty pep talks since that seems to be her M.O. aside from Hannah and her one coke.

1 hour ago, Kdawg82 said:

So much Jack hate on this forum. I know we all hate to work with someone we've got to constantly take up slack for but Colin & Travis haven't complained yet unless I missed it. I think Joao just lost Jack's respect mainly after insulting Aesha. Say what you will but Joao's karma is named "Jack" & I haven't yet not laughed at Jack's comments.  Something about his accent & goofy demeanor wins me over. If Colin turns on Jack though, I'll be out. Enjoying June tuning Hannah out. Looking up June's bio, Hannah has something to be jealous of indeed. 

I don't care who Jack is fucking with, I want to punch him almost every time he talks.  Maybe it's the experience of having to deal with insubordinate and lazy employees in the past that colors my view and also knowing the frustration of not just being able to fire a shithead for being a shithead but having to waste months of time and effort building a library of documentation.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Cpt. Lee grumbling about not a single swinging dick on board comes to mind.  

Captain Lee was being a sexist asshat when he said that because there were people around.

2 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

But Joao didn't know when deciding who to leave that they were just going to jet ski.  There's been issues before with something coming up unexpectedly and no deck crew around to handle i

But taking Jack or Travis would have meant there would still be one member of the deck crew on board.

• Love 2
Just now, yourmomiseasy said:

Yes to both, but my point was since Jack sucks neither scenario was great.  Taking Jack wouldn't really be a boon and leaving Jack in charge of the exterior would be stupid.

The only person who has royally fucked up on the boat and caused damage is Colin so I don’t agree.

• Love 1
On 7/22/2019 at 10:00 PM, TexasGal said:

I sort of want to mute Aesha every time she talks. The sInG sOnG vooooooooice is making me nuts.

I'm with you on that one. Can't stand listening to Aesha speak. She and Jack are made for each other in that department.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The only person who has royally fucked up on the boat and caused damage is Colin so I don’t agree.

That’s kind of harsh. Colin got screwed because Call Me Captain Sandy didn’t allocate resources correctly. Normally they have two people on the anchor.

• Love 16
(edited)
6 minutes ago, langford peel said:

That’s kind of harsh. Colin got screwed because Call Me Captain Sandy didn’t allocate resources correctly. Normally they have two people on the anchor.

They have done it with only one before and all he would have had to do was move the fender and he would have been able to see it. I also don’t understand how he failed to hear it before he got it so fucked up do again he wasn’t paying attention. But the point stands Jack is a lazy asshat but he has yet done anything to screw up or endanger the boat.

Edited by biakbiak

Hannah was on duty for 17 hours and as we know Sandy doesn’t like Hannah to leave the boat.  So Hannah gets a pass on the mountain picnic.  Forgetting silverware turned out to be no big deal, they had borrowed cutlery within minutes.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, outofbounds said:

This attitude annoys me.  Aesha seems to think she's entitled to this lady's money because she did her job.  She came off as rude and entitled, though I'm not shocked given how old she is.

I think the difference here is Jack isn't especially tweaking Colin or Travis' nose.  He does Joao's.  Constantly.  Anytime Joao tells him to do something, he pipes up with some kind of "He can't tell me what to do" smartass remark.  And really, I don't know where Jack was raised but it was apparently in a place where he wasn't taught how a job with a supervisor works.  I mean, yeah it's always nice when your boss ASKS but he doesn't have to.  And I've yet to see Joao just flat out get rude with Jack when he expresses work that needs to be done.  He's tired of being questioned every time he says something needs to be done.  If I was Joao, Jack would've been gone after last charter. The fact he's put up with it this long shows that he's not really a strong leader.

João’s leadership skills definitely needs work. He’s trying to be their boss and their friend at the same time. He needs to understand that he can’t be both and set up boundaries. The only person who truly understands the difference between work and play on the deck crew is Colin.

• Love 2
On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 1:03 PM, dleighg said:

That was really ugly expensive stuff they bought.

I was surprised that Jackie had boasted she spent $30 grand on crap when she and her  husband had such a down turn financially that their house is still not finished.

I bet there are a team of financial people (to which she pays a lot of money to keep her afloat) with their heads in their hands!

It has been my experience that the more money someone has the less likely they are to part with it, that is how they stay rich. 

Did anyone watch her on Wife Swap?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, langford peel said:

Mistakes happen all the time on a boat. Witness Ashton going in the water. Colin definitely made a mistake.

On the other hand Jackoff is a disaster waiting to happen.

OMG could you imagine Jack being alone on the boat? He probably would have found a way to sink it so he didn’t have to work.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

was surprised that Jackie had boasted she spent $30 grand on crap when she and her  husband had such a down turn financially that their house is still not finished.

It’s not finished because it’s a total monstrosity and they keep adding to it and changing things but it’s now being regularly worked on and parts are finished because they recouped their losses. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, biakbiak said:

But the point stands Jack is a lazy asshat but he has yet done anything to screw up or endanger the boat.

That's because that would actually require that he work. Sitting around doing nothing certainly does not endanger the boat.  I swear he works harder than anyone to ensure he does as little as possible.  He actually thinks about ways to get out of doing work. 

• Love 9
On 7/23/2019 at 8:42 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

I'm another that can't stand the sound of Aeisha's voice.  Her laugh-talking drives me nuts.

"Laugh-talking. That is a perfect way to describe Aesha's cadence when she speaks. It drives me up a wall.

• Love 2
On 7/23/2019 at 10:40 PM, Lamima said:

I like the new stew. I kinda thought she might be pregnant. Wow, if she is preggers with a certain someone's baby (mentioned in spolier way above). Makes sense why Hannah is lasering in on her.

Wonder if Hannah caught wind of who June is dating. Maybe that's why Hannah asked June if she has a boyfriend.  Hmmm.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, laprin said:

That's because that would actually require that he work. Sitting around doing nothing certainly does not endanger the boat.  I swear he works harder than anyone to ensure he does as little as possible.  He actually thinks about ways to get out of doing work. 

Which was my point. Leaving him on the boat with Sandy and two other crew members wasn’t going to end in disaster. He is lazy when he wants to be, he jumped right too when Aesha asked him to clear the plates for her when she was upset,  but not going to sink the ship.

I will die of shock if June is pregnant or dating anyone the audience is familiar with because I can’t imagine the promo monkeys not hitting us over the head alluding to it in the previews. They are not known for their subtleties. 

• Love 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, spunky said:

João’s leadership skills definitely needs work. He’s trying to be their boss and their friend at the same time. He needs to understand that he can’t be both and set up boundaries. The only person who truly understands the difference between work and play on the deck crew is Colin.

I can't remember the bosuns before Conrad on this show. Were either of them competent?

I agree about Colin. He is an amazing worker and a great guy all around. I'm giving him a pass on the anchor because he's always working so hard that there's just more time to make a mistake. If Jack worked half the amount of time that Colin does, he would have made many more mistakes.

Edited by Jsage
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, Jsage said:

If Jack worked half the amount of time that Colin does, he would have made many more mistakes.

We don’t actually know that because Jack has a lot more experience on boats than Colin. Joao has only called him on on his work ethic and attitude not the execution.

The first season bosun Bryan was a creepy misogynist and second season Wesley probably would have been fine if he didn’t decide to date a subordinate and than promote her.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Jsage said:

I can't remember the bosuns before Conrad on this show. Were either of them competent?

I agree about Colin. He is an amazing worker and a great guy all around. I'm giving him a pass on the anchor because he's always working so hard that there's just more time to make a mistake. If Jack worked half the amount of time that Colin does, he would have made many more mistakes.

I don’t remember any of the bosuns before Conrad either. I give Colin a pass on the anchors because it could have happened with anyone, accidents happen all the time. If Jack ever tried to work he would have been dropped off at the nearest dock.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, biakbiak said:

It’s not finished because it’s a total monstrosity and they keep adding to it and changing things but it’s now being regularly worked on and parts are finished because they recouped their losses. 

It reminds me of the LDS/Mormons that live on compounds (in the middle of nowhere ), in half finished houses because the state cannot tax those properties until they are finished.

• Useful 4

As a supervisor or someone in charge (or probably his parent), Jack would drive me batty.  As a person sitting on my couch watching Below Deck, I find Jack very entertaining.  He's not malicious or mean-spirited at all, he's just lazy.  Some of his comments regarding the women are definitely borderline inappropriate but I do find myself laughing at most of the stuff he says.  Someone said above that when someone asks him to do something he does seem to do it so he's not totally inept.

I know there's a lot of love for Colin but I find him to be such a dweebus maximus.  Was he really trying to hit on June??  First of all, keep dreaming, buddy, and second of all, WHY.  She's so spacy and weird and unattractive and I'm surprised that Colin would be into that.  Then again, I have a feeling Colin would take what he can get.

I also don't get Jack's attraction to "I was curious so I dug out my poo with my own hand" Aesha, so what do I know.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, CottlestonPie said:

I know there's a lot of love for Colin but I find him to be such a dweebus maximus.  Was he really trying to hit on June??  First of all, keep dreaming, buddy, and second of all, WHY.  She's so spacy and weird and unattractive and I'm surprised that Colin would be into that.  Then again, I have a feeling Colin would take what he can get.

I also don't get Jack's attraction to "I was curious so I dug out my poo with my own hand" Aesha, so what do I know.

Because it’s a reality show and hookups amongst the crew are vital if you want screen time. Screen time and drama gets you asked back for next season.

Colin this s just a good guy. Respectful of woman and kind and helpful. That’s why they shit on him. He is permanently trapped in the friend zone.

Edited by langford peel
  • Love 4
On 7/25/2019 at 7:44 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I was surprised that Jackie had boasted she spent $30 grand on crap when she and her  husband had such a down turn financially that their house is still not finished.

I bet there are a team of financial people (to which she pays a lot of money to keep her afloat) with their heads in their hands!

It has been my experience that the more money someone has the less likely they are to part with it, that is how they stay rich. 

Did anyone watch her on Wife Swap?

The Queen was on wife swap? Oh thank you, I must find that episode. She comes off to me as either drugged or dumb as a pile of rocks. And I pity whoever she swapped with for having to be with that awful husband and that hoarded dog poop house. 

• LOL 1
8 hours ago, CottlestonPie said:

As a supervisor or someone in charge (or probably his parent), Jack would drive me batty.  As a person sitting on my couch watching Below Deck, I find Jack very entertaining.  He's not malicious or mean-spirited at all, he's just lazy.  Some of his comments regarding the women are definitely borderline inappropriate but I do find myself laughing at most of the stuff he says.  Someone said above that when someone asks him to do something he does seem to do it so he's not totally inept.

I believe that upthread someone said he does something when Aesha asks him to.

And while that is true, I think its just part of an agenda.  His objective is to do as little as possible unless doing something increases the odds that he gets laid.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

The Queen was on wife swap? Oh thank you, I must find that episode. She comes off to me as either drugged or dumb as a pile of rocks. And I pity whoever she swapped with for having to be with that awful husband and that hoarded dog poop house. 

I believe it was Jason London's wife who switched with her.  Right before the daughter died.

(edited)
7 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

I believe that upthread someone said he does something when Aesha asks him to.

And while that is true, I think its just part of an agenda.  His objective is to do as little as possible unless doing something increases the odds that he gets laid.

Oh yeah when I mentioned that he hopped right to when Aesha asked that wasn’t a compliment just further indication that he doesn’t have to be a a lazy asshat he just doesn’t it because he can.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I believe it was Jason London's wife who switched with her.  Right before the daughter died.

I looked it up.  It was Jeremy (7th Heaven) not Jason (Dazed and Confused).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I just watched it. What a vapid woman. I wonder why they had all these kids if they never want to spend any time with them. Felt sorry for the kids as I did when I watched Queen of Versailles. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, CottlestonPie said:

Because both Jack and Aesha have the maturity of 12 year old boys. The fact that she’s upset at June for missing the mark but is encouraging Jack’s laziness is all I need to know about her. As for Colin, he’s looking at the pretty wrapping paper hoping there’s a nice present inside.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, langford peel said:

Because it’s a reality show and hookups amongst the crew are vital if you want screen time. Screen time and drama gets you asked back for next season.

Colin this s just a good guy. Respectful of woman and kind and helpful. That’s why they shit on him. He is permanently trapped in the friend zone.

I don't think girls necessarily shit on Colin, but you're right that he is forever friend-zoned.  He does seem like a good guy and very nice, but you have to have SOME game to get the ladies.  And I feel like he has none.  He's too wholesome for this show.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, spunky said:

Because both Jack and Aesha have the maturity of 12 year old boys. The fact that she’s upset at June for missing the mark but is encouraging Jack’s laziness is all I need to know about her. As for Colin, he’s looking at the pretty wrapping paper hoping there’s a nice present inside.

I don't even find the wrapping paper all that pretty.  Maybe if she opened her eyes wider than slits ever.  I think Anastasia is the prettiest chef stew chef cast member this season.  (I do agree with whoever said above that she is obviously already a chef and that entire story line was manufactured.)

• Love 3
2 hours ago, CottlestonPie said:

I don't even find the wrapping paper all that pretty.  Maybe if she opened her eyes wider than slits ever. 

This. What’s the deal with June’s eyes? Maybe she has some kind of vision problem? She is always looking down in her talking heads, which reminds me of Rocky who was always looking up. I also agree with the poster upthread who said she seems stoned ALL of the time. I did feel bad for her when she talked about her dad, though. Losing a loved one is the worst.

I don’t like lazy, passive-aggressive Jack, but I do think Joao is kind of getting what’s coming to him. Last year he took pleasure from being a constant thorn in Conrad’s side. Well, now he’s getting a taste of his own medicine.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, CottlestonPie said:

I don't think girls necessarily shit on Colin, but you're right that he is forever friend-zoned.  He does seem like a good guy and very nice, but you have to have SOME game to get the ladies.  And I feel like he has none.  He's too wholesome for this show.

Colin has less game than "Cool Beans" EJ from season 5 of the Mothership.

1 hour ago, Blindfox said:

I don’t like lazy, passive-aggressive Jack, but I do think Joao is kind of getting what’s coming to him. Last year he took pleasure from being a constant thorn in Conrad’s side. Well, now he’s getting a taste of his own medicine.

You're absolutely correct that Jack is Joao's karma. Rhylee got chewed out because she'd ask questions immediately after getting instructions to make sure she understood what she was being directed to do. But Joao would barely let Conrad finish instructions before offering his own better way to do things, which means Joao was barely listening and actually scanning the situation like a terminator looking for weaknesses.

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, CottlestonPie said:

I think you are exactly right. He doesn’t have game. Or more correctly he is not playing games to get laid. He is indeed too wholesome and there was a preview where he said that he didn’t get along with this crew. Anastasia also previewed that she couldn’t deal with the nasty alcoholics on the crew.

Reality TV is not for  normal people.

Edited by langford peel
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, langford peel said:

I think you are exactly right. He doesn’t have game. Or more correctly he is not playing games to get laid

It’s not even about playing games he has seen incapable of showing a woman that he is interested in her in more than a friend way. He was so awkward around Brooke before she showed interest in Joao and than was all mopey when Joao was jerking her around and being like oh good guys don’t get the girl and it’s because he didn’t show interest in her or didn’t reciprocate not because he was a nice guy.

• Love 3

I don’t think Brooke would have responded to Colin because she seems the type to like the bad boys. Or as they are more correctly termed assholes.

Colin needs to realize the first step is just to ask the girl out. Let her know you are interested. I understand that Colin gets a lot of love from the fans and tons of opportunities for dates. Maybe he is just attracted to women who are not interested in him.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, CottlestonPie said:

I don't even find the wrapping paper all that pretty.  Maybe if she opened her eyes wider than slits ever.  I think Anastasia is the prettiest chef stew chef cast member this season.  (I do agree with whoever said above that she is obviously already a chef and that entire story line was manufactured.)

I agree Anastasia is the prettiest of them all, but for some reason Colin is smitten. This storyline of her going from 3rd stew to chef is so contrived. Especially when she starts with her fake nerves so that she can get compliments.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/27/2019 at 3:51 PM, langford peel said:

I think you are exactly right. He doesn’t have game. Or more correctly he is not playing games to get laid. He is indeed too wholesome and there was a preview where he said that he didn’t get along with this crew. Anastasia also previewed that she couldn’t deal with the nasty alcoholics on the crew.

Reality TV is not for  normal people.

His pick up lines are very corny “Are you an atom? Because we have chemistry.” If he used that line with me on the train, I would giggle at his corny line but still give him a chance, because I would find it adorable that he’s trying so hard.

Edited by spunky
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 7/22/2019 at 9:06 PM, tranquilidade said:

I have to say  my heart breaks for the queen.  I don't care what her flaws may be but losing a  child.....I have no words just sympathy.  I criticized her but on this, omg it was sad.

And then to have her own guests peace out on the lanterns so they could go to Monte Carlo was awful.  Talk about shit friends.

Edited by Slider
Do and Go are two different words.
  • Love 10
19 hours ago, langford peel said:

Maybe he is just attracted to women who are not interested in him.

"I wouldn't want to belong to a club which would have me as a member."

Alvie Singer

• LOL 1

I immediately thought that June was possibly dating someone from a previous season, but i thought it was maybe Adam, the previous chef.  June is a nice girl, but i cant stand the wishy washy responses. It’s like just spit it out! It would be amazing if she was dating a previous cast member AND pregnant!! That would kill Hannah.  I don’t think that’s the case, it would just be too good.  

• Love 2
10 hours ago, scrb said:

"I wouldn't want to belong to a club which would have me as a member."

Alvie Singer

Groucho Marx, I thought?  Quote Investigator website has it as Marx.

I too was perturbed by the friends going off to gamble and missing the lanterns--especially as they could have done both.  

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Jobiska said:

Groucho Marx, I thought?  Quote Investigator website has it as Marx.

I too was perturbed by the friends going off to gamble and missing the lanterns--especially as they could have done both.  

Alvie Singer plagiarizing Groucho Marx. Loved Annie Hall!

When one has to buy friendship, one gets friends who disappear the moment it stops being fun. 

• Love 3