Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: What Eze the Problem?

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, nytonc said:

I wonder how the guests feel if they watch the show and hear the crew talking shit about them?

I was surprised that they showed Aesha complaining about the Queen. Aesha was right though.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

There was a time or two that she gave me shades of Rocky, from Below Deck, season 3.  YIKES!!!

Oh yeah, with the looking off in all different directions while interviewed. Something’s off about her. 

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, dleighg said:

That was really ugly expensive stuff they bought.

A gold goat symbolizing Eze. Just what every self proclaimed billionaire needs. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, jmcd44 said:

I don't put it past the producers to remove it to cause some huge problem.  Try harder producers-Aesha seems to roll with the punches!  I adore her and her easygoing attitude-I wish I could be more like that.  I would still be mad at Jaoa for turning into Rev Shaw Moore and shaming me for dancing!

It was exactly where she left it and when questioned she acted like her only job had been to put them in the ziplock not pack them in the other bags. It didn’t really cause that much drama. Colin had to run down to the van but it was easy for him to get some from one of the many, many restaurants.

9 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

A gold goat symbolizing Eze. Just what ever self proclaimed billionaire needs (like I really believe that after they went bankrupt building Versailles, ha.) 

They didn’t go bankrupt because of the house it was because of the economy and they have recouped the money back and than some.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

They didn’t go bankrupt because of the house it was because of the economy and they have recouped the money back and than some.

Oops. My mistake. Sorry. 

Jack is inspiring annoyance levels in me not seen since Rocky from BD original recipe.

He might as well slap a mermaid costume on himself and flop around on the shore.

• LOL 13
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, bosawks said:

He might as well slap a mermaid costume on himself and flop around on the shore.

Don't give him any idea.  That wouldn't involve shoes so I'm sure he'd be up for it.  Unless Joao told him to do it. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

Joao, just throat punch the lazy wanker. 

I totally read that in Jack's Ringo Starr accent! Oh, everyone else did too? OK.

• LOL 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, bosawks said:

Jack is inspiring annoyance levels in me not seen since Rocky from BD original recipe.

Chandler is still the benchmark for inept douches everywhere. imo

Edited by Mr. Minor
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, snarts said:

Hannah has check lists for picnics.  They were using those check lists to pack for the picnic,  They stupidly pulled then forgot to pack the cutlery. I'd of rolled my eyes too. 

Why Hannah is blamed for everything on the boat is beyond me.  She's been blamed for going on guest excursions now she's blamed for staying behind.  

As for the "training day".  No one knew until Captain Sandy announced it.  Stupid idea, IMO, as it can only lead to rifts within the crew ranks.  I think Sandy enjoys causing drama and playing favorites.  

Hannah did have her check list, the others just didn't pay attention.  What is she supposed to do, stand over them like they're 2 years old?  Last season Hannah got into trouble for going on the excursion, now she didn't go and she gets blamed for that?  Don't get it.

No, Hannah wasn't getting into her swim suit when the rest of them were going to Eze, Captain Sandy was the one who suggested the "training."  She told everybody left on the boat to get into their swim gear.  

• Love 18
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Hannah did have her check list, the others just didn't pay attentionWhat is she supposed to do, stand over them like they're 2 years old?  Last season Hannah got into trouble for going on the excursion, now she didn't go and she gets blamed for that?  Don't get it.

Also, it’s not like Joao didn’t know the picnic was at the top of Eze and he loaded the tinder so he knew how much stuff had to get up the hill if he felt they needed more people lugging shit up he could have had Jack or Travis come. Though given the way everyone passed out as soon as they got back it was probably a good idea not to bring them so they could help out when the guests returned.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 14
(edited)

If anyone's wondering the significance of the Golden Goat (it's the name of a "hotel" and fabulously expensive restaurant):

The story of La Chèvre d'Or begin with a little old lady who lived in a cottage and tended to her goats, selling their milk and cheese, stashing her gold coins in the surrounding rocks. Years later, a visiting Yugoslav violinist saw a goat with golden fleece (the namesake "chevre d'or"), who led him to the cottage, where he found the gold coins. He took the money and built himself a house that Robert Wolf bought in the 1950s and turned into a restaurant. Walt Disney came for a visit, stayed a few months, and suggested Wolf turn it into a hotel. Thus began the long process of acquiring neighboring buildings to convert into guest rooms and hotel spaces (spa, business center, restaurants). The hotel now owns about half the village. You can imagine that available real estate doesn't come easy around here, especially considering they only buy rooms with views of the sea.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/fathom/2016/02/13/review-hotel-chevre-dor-eze-france/#126d118c6a5d

Edited by dleighg
  • Useful 10
  • Love 5
(edited)
12 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Didn't she do that last season as well - kept complimenting and supporting a jerky member of the crew?

As big of a jerk as he was last season, Joao had work ethic. She was able to see his potential for growth within the industry. Jack is not only lazy he's disrespectful.

Edited by spunky
Typo
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Also, it’s not like Joao didn’t know the picnic was at the top of Eze and he loaded the tinder so he knew how much stuff had to get up the hill if he felt they needed more people lugging shit up he could have had Jack or Travis come. Though given the way everyone passed out as soon as they got back it was probably a good idea not to bring them so they could help out when the guests returned.

He was better off leaving them on the boat. Jack would have expected the chairs to walk themselves up to Eze and Travis would have been cursing Joao under his breath the whole time. Hannah and Captain Sandy described it as a slight  trek or something around those lines, hence him thinking he and Colin could handle it since he's never been up there. Joao said he wasn't angry at anyone or that he blamed anyone. He was just venting his frustration.

• Love 7
(edited)
9 minutes ago, spunky said:

Joao said he wasn't angry at anyone or that he blamed anyone. He was just venting his frustration.

He did blame Hannah and the walk to the top of Eze is famous and he isn’t new not to mention you can literally see it how far the walk is from the boat.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4

Oh my ...Smky Mtns....I havent posted before either....I literally wanted to punch Jack as well. Im sorry but you are a sorry excuse for a deck hand. UGH...I also think Joao was just venting his frustration at the time. He and Hannah seemed to be fine afterwards. They arent "besties" by a long shot, but I think they are ok with each other...but heck! Wont be the first time I have been wrong. Ha.. I agree tho...the crap that they bought in Eze was horrid!! JMO!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
22 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Hannah is completely responsible for the Eze debacle.  She made the plans.  She should have made sure they had everything they needed including more stews and/or deckhands.  Hannah seems to conveniently bow out of these shore excursions.  

Jack has got to go.  The new stew, June, seems fine.  I felt terrible when Aesha was crying, she is always so up.  

Hannah only bows out of the excursions that require lots of work.  She's more than happy to weasel her way into visits to bars and cave tours when the guests have requested a specific stew that isn't her (the infamous 1 Coke excursion).

18 hours ago, BookElitist said:

Cap’n Sandy must have decided to shed a fairly large portion of the responsibilities, common-sensibilities of captaincy and decided, fu@# it...be a vacant REALity star, buffoon, fame'ho, whatever...cuz something is not _____ .

I'm not a Sandy hater, but the bulk of her decisions seem to be driven by production.

13 hours ago, snarts said:

Hannah doesn't manage the deck crew.  She sent 2/3rds of her interior staff.  Why Joao decided only he & colin would go, leaving both Jack & Travis on the boat is on him.

Hannah has check lists for picnics.  They were using those check lists to pack for the picnic,  They stupidly pulled then forgot to pack the cutlery. I'd of rolled my eyes too. 

Why Hannah is blamed for everything on the boat is beyond me.  She's been blamed for going on guest excursions now she's blamed for staying behind.  

As for the "training day".  No one knew until Captain Sandy announced it.  Stupid idea, IMO, as it can only lead to rifts within the crew ranks.  I think Sandy enjoys causing drama and playing favorites.  

I'm not saying this is Hannah's fault, but Joao really had no options.  Taking Jack would have been useless -- he does no work, and leaving Jack as the only deckhand on the boat could have ended in disaster.

Was Hannah really complaining to Travis that she hadn't stopped all day on the day that she spent hours playing in the water?  Or was it a new day and I was confused?  I agree that it is shitty that they were up so late, but I feel like maybe it wasn't the day to complain about how hard she'd worked.

I really didn't think the guests were that bad.  They were entitled but in an oblivious way, not a demanding way, and were generally very nice and grateful for the service (small tip not withstanding).  They might have run Hannah all night, we didn't see it, but she was complaining about it, but it seems like it was just them being crazy and all over the place, not being mean and demanding.  We didn't see a single complaint from any of them.

I'm another that can't stand the sound of Aeisha's voice.  Her laugh-talking drives me nuts.

I'm not going to spend the effort on shit talking Jackoff.  He puts in no effort, so why should I?

ETA: Watching the first 2 seasons of Love Island UK has really improved my ability to understand Jackass when he talks.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 9
22 hours ago, TexasGal said:

I sort of want to mute Aesha every time she talks. The sInG sOnG vooooooooice is making me nuts. 

She sounds like a braying cartoon donkey. I.Cant.Stand.Her.Voice.

Jack is the biggest jackass ever. I enjoyed Sandy telling him he'll be 'off the boat or else' in next weeks previews. He's a useless piece of shit, and is lazy as the day is long.

The new stew is mentally off. And I don't like her either.

I cannot believe I"m saying this but JuhWOW isn't the most repugnant crew member this season.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
3 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Taking Jack would have been useless -- he does no work, and leaving Jack as the only deckhand on the boat could have ended in disaster.

Given that they spent nearly all of the time playing in the water it clearly wouldn’t have ended in disaster and while he is lazy he would have just done nothing not harm the boat, it’s not as if Sandy and the two other crew members that we don’t see weren’t present. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • LOL 1
54 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Given that they spent nearly all of the time playing in the water it clearly wouldn’t have ended in disaster and while he is lazy he would have just done nothing not harm the boat, it’s not as if Sandy and the two other crew members that we don’t see weren’t present. 

Was there an actual time stamp on the water sports?  I assumed they filmed enough to make it seem like no one on the boat did anything most of the time they were gone; but they were gone a really long time.;  At some point they had to go prep dinner.  And I assume that the usual tasks for the stews didn't get done before they left and Hannah did some of them since is was 5-7PM before they started coming back.

• Useful 1
33 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

Was there an actual time stamp on the water sports?  I assumed they filmed enough to make it seem like no one on the boat did anything most of the time they were gone; but they were gone a really long time.;  At some point they had to go prep dinner.  And I assume that the usual tasks for the stews didn't get done before they left and Hannah did some of them since is was 5-7PM before they started coming back.

I don’t think so and I imagine it was probably an hour tops of actual break time. My main point is that it wouldn’t have been a disaster if Jack had been the only deckhand present. We haven’t seen him screw up, be a lazy smug asshole yes but not doing any damage.

I like the new stew. I kinda thought she might be pregnant. Wow, if she is preggers with a certain someone's baby (mentioned in spolier way above). Makes sense why Hannah is lasering in on her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

I’m confused about that fake phones ass “Queen of Tacky” client. She comes out of that jewelry shop and crows to all that she just spent $30k on this butterfly ring. Then later that night she gifts the ring to space cadet stew June, and clearly says “ it’s gold plated”. Now, I know a lot about fine jewelry and there is no way a gold plated ring is going to cost $30! Am I the only one who heard that?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, gingerella said:

I’m confused about that fake phones ass “Queen of Tacky” client. She comes out of that jewelry shop and crows to all that she just spent $30k on this butterfly ring. Then later that night she gifts the ring to space cadet stew June, and clearly says “ it’s gold plated”.

I thought it was two different rings? The expensive one I thought was more like filigree and HUGE; the one she gave June was smaller. But I wasn't completely paying attention.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, dleighg said:

But I wasn't completely paying attention.

I looked it up; not filigree, but big, with stones. This isn't the one she gave June.

ETA. I was wrong. Same ring. Guess @biakbiak is right; the 30k must be for the "whole bag."

Screen Shot 2019-07-24 at 6.05.36 AM.png

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 3
(edited)
18 minutes ago, dleighg said:

I thought it was two different rings? The expensive one I thought was more like filigree and HUGE; the one she gave June was smaller. But I wasn't completely paying attention.

When she came out she said she bought the store and had multiple pieces so I assume that was not the 30k piece. Knowing Jackie it was probably intended for the housekeeper who wanted to live children’s playhouse.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, gingerella said:

I’m confused about that fake phones ass “Queen of Tacky” client. She comes out of that jewelry shop and crows to all that she just spent $30k on this butterfly ring. Then later that night she gifts the ring to space cadet stew June, and clearly says “ it’s gold plated”. Now, I know a lot about fine jewelry and there is no way a gold plated ring is going to cost $30! Am I the only one who heard that?

I think she purchased more items all totaling $30,000. She only gifted that ring to June because June was the only stew to give her the undivided attention she craved.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, biakbiak said:

He did blame Hannah and the walk to the top of Eze is famous and he isn’t new not to mention you can literally see it how far the walk is from the boat.

Originally yes he did blame Hannah when he was logging chairs, tables and dealing with the “Queen”. But once he got all his frustration out with his initial outburst, he later told Hannah it was no one’s fault , just poor planning and proceeded to joke around with Hannah.

(edited)
50 minutes ago, spunky said:

Originally yes he did blame Hannah when he was logging chairs, tables and dealing with the “Queen”. But once he got all his frustration out with his initial outburst, he later told Hannah it was no one’s fault , just poor planning and proceeded to joke around with Hannah.

Yes but he along with Hannah was instrumental in planning it they both got the same brief. Hannah didn’t argue with him and so he didn’t call her names but that isn’t something he should be applauded for because she wasn’t to blame. The one time she mentioned was up for 17 hours to was to Travis who came out her thinking she slept because he had and went for the same swim break that she had. And also spent longer than the minute trying to stop Jackie being a loud asshole in the crew mess why everyone else was sleeping.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Yes but he along with Hannah was instrumental in planning it they both got the same brief. Hannah didn’t argue with him and so he didn’t call her names but that isn’t something he should be applauded for because she wasn’t to blame. The one time she mentioned was up for 17 hours to was to Travis who came out her thinking she slept because he had and went for the same swim break that she had. And also spent longer than the minute trying to stop Jackie being a loud asshole in the crew mess why everyone else was sleeping.

I empathize with Hannah who did stay up for 17 hours. I understand that she may have felt guilty if she accepted Aesha’s offer to stay up with her. Empathizing with Hannah does not mean that Joao should not be given credit for showing growth this season. He was an absolute jerk last year and still has some qualities he needs to improve on. It doesn’t mean that he needs to be bashed for every single thing that he does, including being frustrated that he has the worst deck crew at the moment.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, spunky said:

I empathize with Hannah who did stay up for 17 hours. I understand that she may have felt guilty if she accepted Aesha’s offer to stay up with her. Empathizing with Hannah does not mean that Joao should not be given credit for showing growth this season. He was an absolute jerk last year and still has some qualities he needs to improve on. It doesn’t mean that he needs to be bashed for every single thing that he does, including being frustrated that he has the worst deck crew at the moment.

You directly quoted me so I real respond. I am not judging him by last season I just think he is a shitty manager to assholes. 

I will also judge him to being an idiot who likes to throw terms around like Michelin starred that he clearly doesn’t understand  to make Anastasia feel bad and instantly call Aesha a slut/whore  when she was dancing and having fun. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, gingerella said:

Nope!  You are not!  I heard it too and was like WTF?  Not to mention the birthstones that appeared to be hot glued to it.  🤦🏻‍♀️

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 7/23/2019 at 4:56 AM, biakbiak said:

She asked Aesha specifically if they had packed the cutlery and was told they had.

Cutlery was not a big deal.  They had no problems borrowing from restaurants though they may wonder why they should help when the yacht guests could have eaten at those restaurants instead.

But Bravo made it a cliffhanger and “Oh no!” reactions from several of the crew.

You can drive up most of the way and then the village has all these stone steps and ramps built hundreds of years ago, too narrow for cars.  So I see delivery guys use these narrow golf cart type of vehicles to deliver supplies.

But again there are some very expensive restaurants with sea views and you don't have to walk all the way up to the highest part of the village.

But the crew escorting these people to restaurants isn’t as entertaining as making the crew  work like the slaves building the pyramids.

Also these restaurants probably wouldn’t let them film on their premises.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
5 minutes ago, scrb said:

Cutlery was not a big deal.  They had no problems borrowing from restaurants though they may wonder why they should help when the yacht guests could have eaten at those restaurants instead.

Yes they solved the problem easily as most of us who watch the show regularly knew would happen but that doesn’t mean it was okay for it not to be packed. Production put on the list that they wanted a picnic on the top of Eze. Is it stupid and way too much work? Yes. But it’s also the sort of shit that happens.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

It looks like Hannah has had enough of Anastasia playing chef next week.

I think Anastasia is doing a superb job so far. Her meals are spot on and her breakfast really looks great. Much better than many of the other so called chefs we had seen. 

Hannah should cut the crap and look at her own very subpar performance as a Chief Stew. I really hope she gets replaced next season.

• Love 7
On 7/23/2019 at 9:12 AM, Shannah Banana said:

There was a time or two that she gave me shades of Rocky, from Below Deck, season 3.  YIKES!!!

My hubby said the same thing.

• Love 2
On 7/23/2019 at 11:42 AM, bosawks said:

But can he do her crazy eyes and Eddie.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

So much Jack hate on this forum. I know we all hate to work with someone we've got to constantly take up slack for but Colin & Travis haven't complained yet unless I missed it. I think Joao just lost Jack's respect mainly after insulting Aesha. Say what you will but Joao's karma is named "Jack" & I haven't yet not laughed at Jack's comments.  Something about his accent & goofy demeanor wins me over. If Colin turns on Jack though, I'll be out. Enjoying June tuning Hannah out. Looking up June's bio, Hannah has something to be jealous of indeed. 

• Love 2
On 7/23/2019 at 12:00 PM, oakville said:

Aesha was not happy with her tip. $1300.

The Billionaires weren't as generous as other charter guests.

This attitude annoys me.  Aesha seems to think she's entitled to this lady's money because she did her job.  She came off as rude and entitled, though I'm not shocked given how old she is.

12 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

So much Jack hate on this forum. I know we all hate to work with someone we've got to constantly take up slack for but Colin & Travis haven't complained yet unless I missed it. I think Joao just lost Jack's respect mainly after insulting Aesha. Say what you will but Joao's karma is named "Jack" & I haven't yet not laughed at Jack's comments.  Something about his accent & goofy demeanor wins me over. If Colin turns on Jack though, I'll be out. Enjoying June tuning Hannah out. Looking up June's bio, Hannah has something to be jealous of indeed. 

I think the difference here is Jack isn't especially tweaking Colin or Travis' nose.  He does Joao's.  Constantly.  Anytime Joao tells him to do something, he pipes up with some kind of "He can't tell me what to do" smartass remark.  And really, I don't know where Jack was raised but it was apparently in a place where he wasn't taught how a job with a supervisor works.  I mean, yeah it's always nice when your boss ASKS but he doesn't have to.  And I've yet to see Joao just flat out get rude with Jack when he expresses work that needs to be done.  He's tired of being questioned every time he says something needs to be done.  If I was Joao, Jack would've been gone after last charter. The fact he's put up with it this long shows that he's not really a strong leader.

• Love 12

Yeah that's right. Joao is a weak leader and also weak in the sense he likes to step up to diminutive men and to women. I'm glad Jack is unfazed. Honestly when Jack finally got Joao off his back about the stupid shoes argument, he was finally able to radio in to the boat and say "hey hold those lanterns for a minute before releasing them." He was smart about it. Where was Joao to say that? Oh that's right, waving his di** around regarding shoes. I've seen Jack serving a lot of plates and helping in the kitchen too.  He's leaps and bounds above Chandler in the motivation department. 

2 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

Yeah that's right. Joao is a weak leader and also weak in the sense he likes to step up to diminutive men and to women. I'm glad Jack is unfazed. Honestly when Jack finally got Joao off his back about the stupid shoes argument, he was finally able to radio in to the boat and say "hey hold those lanterns for a minute before releasing them." He was smart about it. Where was Joao to say that? Oh that's right, waving his di** around regarding shoes. I've seen Jack serving a lot of plates and helping in the kitchen too.  He's leaps and bounds above Chandler in the motivation department. 

If his motivation for being on this show was to teach Joao a lesson about being a misogynist then I would suggest he should stop with his inappropriate comments about every woman who walks into his eye line. 

Joao is his boss.  Period.

• Love 21

Agree about obeying your boss. I dont just think Joao is a misogynist but also sinister. Hannah is a boss and she can't walk away from anyone without mumbling swear words under her breath mere feet away from the object of her wrath. Yeah -Jack mentioned one night stands and made crude remarks but I believe he's a general douche, not a sociopath. 

• Love 1