Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E11: The Men Tell All

• Start Topic

I don't even think Hannah is all that mad at Luke. She is doing what she knows the viewers want her to do.  She is a pageant girl, people pleaser.  I still don't think I know what Hannah actually thinks, feels about anything.

• Love 12

Was Chad the no-nonsense meat-eating hunk who was mocking other guys for "missing" and "falling in love " with the lead too soon whom one contestant compared to Hitler? I saw a video with him and it sold me on Bachelorette ! 

Which season he's on? I have been trying to ID this guy forever! 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Nika said:

Was Chad the no-nonsense meat-eating hunk who was mocking other guys for "missing" and "falling in love " with the lead too soon whom one contestant compared to Hitler? I saw a video with him and it sold me on Bachelorette ! 

Which season he's on? I have been trying to ID this guy forever! 

Chad Johnson, he was on JoJo’s season. I saw him as a guest on a Bachelorette AfterBuzz podcast not too long ago. He was actually pretty likable. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

I’m pissed they kept Luke in the hot seat for so long. Move on already. If Luke refused to leave after Hannah told him to go, I would have called security. That scene lasted way too long. 

Luke is of the ilk that thinks no means, change my mind. He’s dangerous and I wouldn’t be surprised if forced himself on women because of this. Nothing applies to him because he thinks he god’s gift to the world and can’t figure out why can’t hannah see this. 

I had totally forgotten about JPJ. I wouldn’t last two minutes in a room with him. 

Oh and btw, Demi is bisexual apparently. Right. And I’m having dejavú because it looks like the same cast as last time on BIP. 

• Love 10

Someone already has a publicist (screenshot) 

This is so fake.

Mike's commotion today and now him...

Screenshot_20190723-043519.thumb.png.9a48073031e457ea91513f8227e6dc3e.pngMeanwhile Bachelor Australia recruited an astrophysist to be this year's lead. A successful man with a real job... And who is America dealing with 🙄

• Love 7
(edited)

This show IS about sex, unless the lead is upfront about not participating in it.  And the whole born-again virgin thing is bizarre; why can't those types just say they don't want sex on the show - or not talk about it at all?  The men who are assumed to have sex in the FS, or elsewhere, get the "Look at the ol' horndog, heh heh" reaction.  But women are still called sluts.  It's crap.  I'm not a fan of Hannah otherwise, but good for her for slamming the shamers.  I loved her Scarlet Letter comment.

Edited by EllenB
  • Love 11
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Nika said:

Someone already has a publicist (screenshot) 

This is so fake.

Mike's commotion today and now him...

Screenshot_20190723-043519.thumb.png.9a48073031e457ea91513f8227e6dc3e.pngMeanwhile Bachelor Australia recruited an astrophysist to be this year's lead. A successful man with a real job... And who is America dealing with 🙄

Tyler doesn't need to make fake apologies to Luke as some Bachelor audition. Dude reached a million followers on Instagram (the fastest growth for any contestant ever in the franchise history and no, it wasn't fake followers that were bought. There is a tool that tells you how authentic an account is and his is like 90% authentic) during the season and the finale hasn't even aired yet.

And he gained all those followers all while slamming and ragging on Luke constantly as the season was airing. He's still getting loads of thirsty women showing up to run around Central Park, just because he puts it out there on his social media, as evidenced a few days ago. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 7
(edited)

This show is about sex? 🤔Good to know. 

Truthaboutluv, I think Tyler apologized exactly for the reasons you mentioned. He has many followers and wants to present himself one way or another. After bashing Like, he "clarifies" it was all fun and games... This is a PR move,  all fake. (Don't get me started on  his grammar)

Do women / or should I say teenagers / actually go there for him? 😱

Edited by Nika
  • Love 3
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Nika said:

Truthaboutluv, I think Tyler apologized exactly for the reasons you mentioned. He has many followers and wants to present himself one way or another. After bashing Like, he "clarifies" it was all fun and games... This is a PR move,  all fake. (Don't get me started on  his grammar)

And once again, he gained the followers and a lot of praise all while ragging on Luke.  I think he's well aware that his snarking on Luke is not hurting his follower count. Tyler barely got negative comments for his Luke and O.J. comparison that some on here posted about and thought was offensive. A handful of people said it was a little harsh but he was still getting a bunch of marriage proposals in his comments and "you're so perfect", etc.

And in fact the response to his post to Luke was essentially people saying he was better than them and they still think Luke is a dick. Also, he was still making snarky comments live tweeting the episode. So YMMV but like I said, especially following social media discussion this season, Tyler has become full on "can do no wrong" for many viewers.

We all know that'll change very quickly if he is made the lead but for now he's on a huge pedestal. He doesn't need any PR of a fake apology to Luke. Not even Saint Peter Krause had this level of stanning and thirst. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Whether he has an actual publicist or it is him is secondary... I wanted to put the post out there to demonstrate his disingenuity. All fake. I didn't know he was making snarky comments tonight. Damn. I am out. 

• Love 1

Snark does not automatically equal hate. Snark sometimes is just sarcasm and doesn't make someone fake for saying that they're willing to give someone a chance and to move on. 

And now I'm moving on because this really has nothing to do with tonight's episode. Personally I hated this episode as I hate all MTA and WTA because it ALWAYS essentially is dominated by the one "everyone loved to hate during the season". 

This one was just more long winded and exhausting because thanks to Hannah's dumb ass keeping Luke WAY past what should have been his expiration date, he'd already sucked up so much of the season. So having to have the MTA be all about him AGAIN was just tired at this point. 

I don't care about this drama between them either. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this show was not for Luke and it's been on way too damn long for me to feel any sympathy for anyone signing on not realizing what they're getting themselves into.

And the Fantasy Suites issue with Hannah was the least of the problematic shit Luke displayed throughout the season. The rampant narcissism, controlling tendencies, antagonistic tendencies, lying, manipulating, etc. were all far more disturbing.

And that move at the Rose Ceremony was beyond. Yes, the producers aren't shit for this and totally allowed this to happen but Luke is the dumb ass that agreed and allowed himself to look crazy and stalkerish as fuck on national television. 

• Love 16

Count me in the camp that didn’t love Luke but was put off by how much they all came at him. Matteo ftw for not kicking Luke when he was down and speaking up for him. And Jed and to a lesser degree Peter need to drop the nice guy act. At least Luke did feel something for Hannah and didn’t play anyone. In my eyes if they didn’t legitimately fall for Hannah, they’re the worst. Luke’s got issues, but I totally believe he cared for Hannah in a way most of these contestants never do on this show. I was skeptical because of just how quickly he said he was falling for her, but I do think there was something.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, TheFinalRose said:

Then shame on Chris Harrison for portraying it as something else

Chris did say Luke was leaving because he had to catch a plane.

Chris Harrison is really starting to show his age!

• Love 3

This MTA gave us so much dead air.  It was "polite" of CH not to interrupt Luke and to give him unlimited time to formulate his replies, but the editors could have shortened those sequences.  

Luke keeps using the word "misconstrued," but I do not think it means what he thinks it means. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I was thinking how all the guys hate Luke.   Even Chad had a friend, Canadian Daniel.   

you guys are so funny.

The male cast all L-O-V-E-D each other UNABASHEDLY.

Except Luke.

Even John Paul Jones credited the entire male cast for his popularity, without crediting himself.  I thought that was so sweet.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, jette said:

Mike is too good for this show. I'd hate for his 3 women to be disappointed in the sh*tshow that would result if he's chosen. Run, Mike! 

Word has it that Demi Lovato has been flirting with him on social media, so he has one hell of a fallback option if BiP doesn't work out.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Word has it that Demi Lovato has been flirting with him on social media, so he has one hell of a fallback option if BiP doesn't work out.

Gigi Hadid just followed Tyler on ig.  I couldn't believe my eyes. That has to be the biggest follow I've seen for a bach contestant. Go Tyler!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Mswldflwr said:

She says it wasn't Luke's business to ask her about her sexcapades.  Haven't they been encouraging people to discuss their sexual past for, I don't know, decades now?  I don't care if this is the Bachelorette and people know what they're signing up for. It would be extremely gross to sleep with several men in a week's time and I can't blame a guy that would not want any part of that -- especially if you're going to propose marriage.  And yes, Hannah, that would make you a slut and you should be ashamed if you behaved that way.

Oh my god!  It's 2019!  LOL!  Not 1819.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

Ben Higgins needs to move on. He is gunning for Chris Harrison's job. 

I'm so shocked people in Bachelor Nation find him interesting?!?!??!!? Do they?  I hAAAAAAAAAATED his season he is the most dull guy ever! 

2 hours ago, CindyBee said:

Not going to lie, really, really looking forward to seeing Blake cry all over some Mexican beach. 

I hate how much I'm looking forward to this show.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, adhoc said:

Okay, so I turned on the last 10 minutes or so, and can I just say WHAT IS HAPPENING TO CHRIS HARRISON'S NOSE?  In profile, it looks even more than ever like it's melting.... 

HIs NOSE?  that's not a nose, it's a BEAK! what happened to him? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

This entire season would have been so much different if only the producers had not kept bringing  Luke back after he was told to go home the first time.  

I'm sure the rest of the guys would have appreciated it not being several episodes of The Luke Show. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, EllenB said:

This show IS about sex, unless the lead is upfront about not participating in it.  And the whole born-again virgin thing is bizarre; why can't those types just say they don't want sex on the show - or not talk about it at all?  The men who are assumed to have sex in the FS, or elsewhere, get the "Look at the ol' horndog, heh heh" reaction.  But women are still called sluts.  It's crap.  I'm not a fan of Hannah otherwise, but good for her for slamming the shamers.  I loved her Scarlet Letter comment.

Not a matter of slutty or not slutty.  It's a matter of what their behavior says about their willingness to sacrifice for and love the person to whom they propose, man or woman.  I'm kind of shocked so many woman accept that behavior in men.  Shows no self-respect (which I guess is a pre-requisite for being on this show).

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Count me in the camp that didn’t love Luke but was put off by how much they all came at him. Matteo ftw for not kicking Luke when he was down and speaking up for him. And Jed and to a lesser degree Peter need to drop the nice guy act. At least Luke did feel something for Hannah and didn’t play anyone. In my eyes if they didn’t legitimately fall for Hannah, they’re the worst. Luke’s got issues, but I totally believe he cared for Hannah in a way most of these contestants never do on this show. I was skeptical because of just how quickly he said he was falling for her, but I do think there was something.

I thought things went on much too long as they all kicked him while he was down. According to Reality Steve, he was in the hot seat for two hours.    

But I also don’t believe Luke loves Hannah.   I am sure he has convinced himself he does because that is the socially acceptable emotion, but what he is feeling is obsession.  If you love someone, you respect their feelings and don’t keep trying to impose your own.  

She gave him the first impression rose and he locked on and read meaning into it that didn’t exist.   She explained about how she had been worried that the men wouldn’t like her and she was relieved that at least one man did so she gave Luke the first impression rose.   Then she started to get to know the others but for Luke, the way the show is designed (no tv, internet etc) meant he had nothing to do but obsess about Hannah.   

Sometimes I feel sorry for Luke.  All the guys piled on him.  Chris set him up for ridicule.   But the I remember his clenched fists and refusal to take no for an answer, and then there is his lying and mansplaining her feelings to her.   And even Chad had one friend in the house. (Canadian Daniel).

eta it seems like Hannah told. Luke that fantasy suites weren’t “all about sex”.  He took that to mean she wouldn’t be having sex.  She meant that getting to know the guy better without cameras was the objective.   She wasn’t ruling out sex but that was what Luke chose to hear.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19
10 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

Always Be Cam lucked out this season because he started out as the villain and now everyone is like, "Who?"

and his comment you could tell he is really pissed he wasnt the villian-he seemed really upset about it. blech.

10 hours ago, valen said:

In the "real world" it would be unimaginable to sleep with two other people mere days before becoming engaged. But, in The Bachelor/ette world, it is extremely common. Anyone that goes on this show should know that. I have felt this way all the way back to Brad and Emily. I think he slept with the other F2 and she never forgave him for that because he was telling her he loved her. I get it. I really do. Normally, when two people are in a serious, committed relationship, it wouldn't even be a question. But these two? They are not in a serious, committed relationship. They barely know each other. He knew exactly how this show worked and what he signed up for when he came on. There is no excuse for now getting upset at the way the show has worked since its very inception. I believe Trista and Amanda (how do I even remember that?!) both slept with Alex. It literally has been this way since it started.

I was one of the few that didn't blame Nick Viall for asking Andi about it on the ATFR. He specifically asked her not to sleep with him if she wasn't going to pick him. To me, that's a different story, and I do feel that any F2 that has sex and then isn't chosen has the right to ask questions. But Luke isn't F2 and he wasn't involved in any actual sex, soooo.....

Now, after all that, I will say, that the very format I have been defending is also probably a lot of why few of these relationships work out. It would be very hard to get past your significant other sleeping with multiple other partners days before he/she asks to marry you. 

i too felt terrible for Nick when andi did that--but her needs were more important. more importantly Im glad he called her out on stage

so folks when did they start women/men tell ll? Did Deannas season (meanna) have one? I do remember the crazy helene/aaron break up special which was totally mortifying

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

It's an example of a mob of people attacking someone who has no defense.  No it wasn't a literal lynching, but Luke was called a narcissist by people who have no psychological training, he was called violent and told that he would be a terrible husband, and he was called a psychopath, a word usually reserved for serial killers.  A little hyperbole seems in order.

He has a defense.  He can speak up and defend himself.  He isn't being strangled in the neck by rope.  Hyperbole is not in order at all.

• Love 19
34 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I didn't detect an ounce of "playful bantering" in any of it, particularly when he gave a long humble apology and was told that they just couldn't accept it.  

I think "humble" is in the eye of the beholder.

• Love 22

I agree to some degree with those "defending" Luke. He is not a sociopath neither a psychopath. He is mentally incapable of understanding complex issues and his emotional intelligence is well, very low. I don't believe he wants to manipulate or gaslight Hannah. He had troubles processing his emotions, questions and forming a logical answers. Have you noticed how he says something and then is SHOCKED how everybody understands it differently than he intended so he retracts it? There is some serious problem there...

I don't know why anyobody would even engage with him (talking about the guys). Yet, they all did. They didn't let him crush and burn on his own. I think he was a bigger threat to them than they allow to admit. And I truly believe that we would have ended up with Hannah had they let him be. 

Hannah moved his primitive manliness, his screaming, taking Luke S. down. She lived it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

I didn't need more Luke, but he once again showed that he has no clue how he is perceived. 

The guys piled on a bit too hard last night, but Luke makes it easy to hate him. The statements about being the chosen one, the front runner. You know he didn't even try to be friendly. He was there to get his wife and that was it. He said he wouldn't do a thing differently, then tried apologizing. He just doesn't get it. 

If I were an unmarried girl, I'd run the other way, but I'm sure there is someone out there that would be fine with letting Luke run the show. That's what he wants. A subservient wife. 

Edited by jackjill89
  • Love 15
(edited)

Us Magazine (https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/the-bachelorette-the-men-tell-all-7-wildest-moments/) has a good selection of Luke quotes from the show:

Despite the backlash (and after he shamed Hannah again for her choices to “straddle,” “mount” and “swap saliva” with the other men), Luke said he would not change his experience on the show. - IMO, he was okay if she did this with him, just not the other guys.  Either it is okay with that behaviour or he isn't.

he claimed to be on a “rescue mission” for Hannah throughout the season - No  comment required

Devin alleged that Luke is the type of man who wants to control women so he can feel better about himself. Luke denied his claims but emphasized that he believes a man should guide a woman in a relationship. - Ugh.  But if that's what he wants, he has to make sure he finds a woman who has the same beliefs.

In the end, I kind of felt sorry for him.  He really is clueless about how his behaviour is perceived by the majority of people.  I think since he met Shower-Jesus he's been living in a cloistered environment with people who believe the same as he does and reinforce his beliefs.  When he saw Hannah on the Bachelor (Luke's sister in law first sent in the application for him when she saw how much he liked Hannah), he thought he'd found a soul mate, but didn't take the time (or understand why he should) to understand if her flavour of Christianity was the same as his.

He's going to go home and going to get positive reinforcement from inside his church/family bubble and negative from everywhere else.  He may have brought this on himself, but I still feel for the guy.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I didn’t like the Luke pile on but I’m beginning to wonder if some of this was cooked up by producers including Luke returning to the rose ceremony.

I still don’t like Hannah and her comment to Luke that the fantasy suite is not about sex doesn’t match up with her telling him about f’ing in windmills. I also don’t understand her intense rage at a guy who she says she has no feelings for. I’m wondering if her rage is because she knows Luke is the only one of her final guys who really has feelings for her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I think this is a correct analysis: 

“I truly believe Luke at 30 years old would have handled things a lot differently. We mature and grow so much in our 20’s. I know I’m a different person from the kid I was at 24.”

Tyler C tweeted it.

• Love 7
(edited)

Can’t we talk about something other than Luke? Who was the guy in the red jacket? No one knows? The bloopers? Oh right, boring. The unidentified guys in the last row? Yea, I don’t know why they were there either. There’s always JPJ getting a lock of his hair cut! OK then, back to Luke, I guess!

Edited by nutty1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

I think this is a correct analysis: 

“I truly believe Luke at 30 years old would have handled things a lot differently. We mature and grow so much in our 20’s. I know I’m a different person from the kid I was at 24.”

Tyler C tweeted it.

And Tyler is all of 26 now, LOL!

• LOL 8
  • Love 6

I don’t watch the Bachelorette (just here for the comments). Is it common for the remaining contestants to be there for the Tell All? I don’t think they do that on the Bachelor. Was there a reason the guys not voted out were there? I would think that would lead to “tells” and awkwardness with Hannah and who she picks/doesn’t pick. 

4 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

I don’t watch the Bachelorette (just here for the comments). Is it common for the remaining contestants to be there for the Tell All? I don’t think they do that on the Bachelor. Was there a reason the guys not voted out were there? I would think that would lead to “tells” and awkwardness with Hannah and who she picks/doesn’t pick. 

Every guy who was there was already sent home.   Peter, Jed, and Tyler weren't there because they are still in the running.    It happens on the Bachelor as well during the Women Tell All.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Yes to your first question. Most of the guys are there...even those who we haven't a clue of their names! And to your second question....the final 2 or 3 aren't there, because she always addresses them at the ATFR. This year, we do not know who she lets go at 3, so all 3 were not there. Peter, Tyler and Jed will all get a chance to speak and face Hannah at the ATFR.

• Love 1
Just now, nutty1 said:

Yes to your first question. Most of the guys are there...even those who we haven't a clue of their names! And to your second question....the final 2 or 3 aren't there, because she always addresses them at the ATFR. This year, we do not know who she lets go at 3, so all 3 were not there. Peter, Tyler and Jed will all get a chance to speak and face Hannah at the ATFR.

Ok thanks! From some of the comments above it sounded like Jed, Tyler, and Peter were there participating in the Luke stuff, but maybe those were just flashbacks. 

1 minute ago, Stan39 said:

Ok thanks! From some of the comments above it sounded like Jed, Tyler, and Peter were there participating in the Luke stuff, but maybe those were just flashbacks. 

They started off the episode with the rose ceremony, which Luke crashed. The comments were probably from that. By the way, we never saw the outcome of the RC, so I am sure that's how next week will start. A lot of times, we get previews of the F2 heading to the FRC in the limo, but being there are still 3 left, we saw none of those previews.

• Love 3

Things I liked during the MTA:

- Mike's segment.  I really hope he is the next Bachelor.  

- Hannah looked really pretty and I liked her explanation on why she kept Luke P. around.  I think almost every one of us has had that one relationship that made your friends cringe and your family worried but you were convinced that you could change the person.

Things I loved during the MTA:

- Hannah moving the rose pedestal.  I cheered and scared the cats! 

- The three remaining men letting her handle Luke until it got to the point where  he seemed to come unhinged and really threatening.  When they all walked up to her and surrounded him, I was like "meow!  That's hot"

Things I didn't like during the MTA:

- The obvious producer manipulation of Luke coming back.  That was straight up BS and it made feel like I was watching the "Hunger Games".  While it did make me chuckle to see Luke casually stroll into the rose ceremony line of desperation, it made me a bit sad that he was being so manipulated for our amusement.  Yes, he's a jerk but he can only come back if they let him.  

- The lack of hot seats for other contestants.  I'd love to hear more about Connor and his feelings about getting eliminated and being ignored after his one on one; Garret lasting as long as he did; the  bromances that started, etc.

Things I hated during the MTA:

- Hannah's rose ceremony dress.   What the hell was that contraption? 

• Love 11
(edited)
12 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Tyler doesn't need to make fake apologies to Luke as some Bachelor audition. Dude reached a million followers on Instagram (the fastest growth for any contestant ever in the franchise history and no, it wasn't fake followers that were bought. There is a tool that tells you how authentic an account is and his is like 90% authentic) during the season and the finale hasn't even aired yet.

And he gained all those followers all while slamming and ragging on Luke constantly as the season was airing. He's still getting loads of thirsty women showing up to run around Central Park, just because he puts it out there on his social media, as evidenced a few days ago. 

I really don't get Tyler.  What is the point of having strangers chase you around the park?   So he can have an ongoing ego stroking, I guess.   And how does that help his entertainment career? Dude is one of the biggest famewhores in the history of this show in my opinion. 

As to Luke, I hope he gets far away from this damn franchise.  He made mistakes, but I feel like he attempted to atone for his behavior.  He is young and intelligent and should not be defined by this circus.  Chris Harrison should be ashamed of this mess.  He could barely conceal his smirk.

Edited to add, I was impressed by Mike!  He is very handsome and sweet.  Any woman who gets him is lucky.

Edited by nittanycougar
I like Mike
  • Love 8

If Luke were better at expressing himself, I think what he meant to say was that his love for Hannah was tested, and love won.  He had hoped she shared his views on sex before marriage; she didn't. He hoped that she would not sleep any of with the other guys; she did.  He had thought that if that were the case that he would walk away from the relationship.  But when push came to shove, he could not.  His love for her was stronger than his dictums.  

I don't think he "shamed" her -- except that I do think she felt ashamed, and she channeled that shame into hatred for Luke.  

This is a Greek tragedy IMO.

BiP looks awesome.  Dean with the mustache is the worst.  Do we know the name of Demi's girlfriend?  A tall blonde with a tattoo on her forearm.  Anyone know who that is?

• Love 13