Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Rocky Mountain High Part II

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Episodes happen in episode time.  This does not include current Instagram, twitter, other social media or articles. Those things can be discussed in character or media threads.

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, Shellbell59 said:

In Colorado it’s a huge tourist attraction...being first state to outright legalize..many ppl go with that specifically in mind

I also come from a 420 friendly state and actually grew and processed to create oil (both my mother and sister had MS)...

when i infuse...ZERO smell...

edibles are VERY strong...pace yourself....but I had ability to titrate according to pain level.

5MLs/ccs is not a lot at all...culminations...different story.

i say this as being a tourist attraction because CO revenue 

Hence the name of the caterer Co.

”Cannabis Tours Colorado “

That said I would have made extra effort to let Katherine know.

As someone with MS who is helped by this, I thank you!  I had the same thought about the edibles.  Eating it is a creeper high.  If these people aren't used to it they will get effed up!  I always tell newbies, do not start with edibles.  Get used to it first.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, scrb said:

Producers planned the trip.

They all played along, including Cam.

That scene in the gondola with Danni and Kathryn is an example.  Kathryn didn’t like sitting backwards but she had no choice because the cameraman was on the other half of the gondola.

Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner! 

I long ago realized and accepted that this is a TV show and while not scripted, being on a reality TV show is their JOB that they get paid good money for. Part of that job involves being put in situations you wouldn’t otherwise be in, with people you wouldn’t otherwise be with. It is what it is. They don’t tell you what to say or do in those situations, but they put you in them and it’s your choice how to act. 

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

I don't understand why she didn't have more respect for herself and just told the a-hole to drop dead?

Other than lip service she pays to it on her Instagram, I haven't seen overwelming evidence that she has an abundance of self respect.  Speaking of this alleged hook-up, wouldn't this potentially be a Weinstein-ish situation?  Perhaps Whit's EP title is just that, a compensatory title, but if he's hooking up with "the talent/help", seems to me a slippery slope.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, scrb said:

That scene in the gondola with Danni and Kathryn is an example.  Kathryn didn’t like sitting backwards but she had no choice because the cameraman was on the other half of the gondola.

If it was an actual issue she didn’t have to do it she could have switched sides with Dani or asked the camera person to sit there which actually would have been an easier shot. They easily managed to film in the gondola with three people and a cameraperson with two people sitting on the same side. Not every thing is rigged by production. 

(edited)
11 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Other than lip service she pays to it on her Instagram, I haven't seen overwelming evidence that she has an abundance of self respect.  Speaking of this alleged hook-up, wouldn't this potentially be a Weinstein-ish situation?  Perhaps Whit's EP title is just that, a compensatory title, but if he's hooking up with "the talent/help", seems to me a slippery slope.

If Whitney had any significant influence on what airs on the show, I think they woulda cut  any mention of him sleeping w/Katherine out. 

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, scrb said:

Why would Ashley have Naomi’s number?

Why would Naomi have Ashley in her contacts?

Why would Naomi smile and hug Ashley?

This show isn’t even trying that hard to keep up its story lines.

I’m sure they’re all expected to have each other’s number for filming/production purposes. 

I find it interesting that Ashley said she’s on Katherine’s side now. I wonder what happened between her and Thomas. She said something about the assault charges  and sexual assault allegations taking a toll on their relationship, but didn’t really mention how so. Did Ashley believe him? I would think she did, because she chose to stay with him throughout most of it. Does she believe him now? I don’t know. Maybe it just made him stressed and he took it out on her, I don’t know. 

I think Ashley was very lonely throughout her time in Charleston and I think Thomas was basically all she had and since Thomas was not a particularly supportive partner, she basically felt alone. That kind of loneliness can make people crazy in that they are desperate for any kind of connection, so they’ll try to pursue friendships that are clearly dead or show up or linger even when they are clearly not wanted because they literally have no one else and no place better to go. IDK. I feel bad for the girl, in a way. She doesn’t do herself any favors with the way she acts when trying to redeem herself, tho. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, SheTalksShit said:

find it interesting that Ashley said she’s on Katherine’s side now.

I don’t believe that for one second, I think she was trying to remain on the show and since TRav is no longer on she decided to go that route. 

• Love 19
17 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

It was in the news, a child took cookies to school,she didn't know they were laced with Pot.

https://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/25/colorado-kids-emergency-room-visits-marijuana-increased/

Anyway, there were only big kids on this show, the way they kept asking for gummies though,  made me think.

I agree! One has to be very careful...

The same could be said for all the Rave drugs...X, Molly, MDMA,MDA, and of course LSD and acid...((all sim.. but diff))

they all can be presented as a “candy”...

ive actually heard a lot about these being accidentally taken than THC edibles...

the out come much more grave...

humans have “endocannabinoid system” allowing us to absorb and process THS...unlike othe drugs or alcohol. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

It was in the news, a child took cookies to school,she didn't know they were laced with Pot.

https://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/25/colorado-kids-emergency-room-visits-marijuana-increased/

Anyway, there were only big kids on this show, the way they kept asking for gummies though,  made me think.

I agree! One has to be very careful...

The same could be said for all the Rave drugs...X, Molly, MDMA,MDA, and of course LSD and acid...((all sim.. but diff))

they all can be presented as a “candy”...

ive actually heard a lot about these being accidentally taken than THC edibles...

the out come much more grave...

humans have “endocannabinoid system” allowing us to absorb and process THS...unlike othe drugs or alcohol. 

And oh... I keep forgetting… Whoever started calling Austin “Muppet mouth”...Omgosh I peed myself..that’s EXACTLY the description that escaped me!! I couldn’t put my finger (nor would I want to) on it!!!

Hilarious!!😆😆😆

• Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

I've never heard of molly or lsd being taken by children that are six or seven, or the other drugs, that have been taken to school.I do worry about edibles not being locked away safely, and my granddaughters taking a cookie laced with pot, simply by mistake.

Seriously? Look up “drugs that look like candy...

Edited by Shellbell59
  • Love 2
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

No thanks.. When I heard Shep talk to Madison, about her size, and how she should maybe take less, that was enough for me.

Not sure how that applies to subject at hand...but props...all should consider..absolutely!!!

.. any drug...starting with alcohol...size and weight should be considered...but that can vary...

my daughter in law 4’10” and 90 pounds 30 yrs old...she doesn’t drink other than a sip her and there...that said I have grandsons who passed that weight and height in elementary school...

ALL...especially unwrapped or unsealed and “colorful”candy and VITAMINS (flintstones for example) ..should be checked...

whole spectrum...from THC all the way to Meth

okay I’ll get off my soap box...but thought all should be aware..not all edibles are just “weed”

Edited by Shellbell59
  • Useful 2
7 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

OMG right?!  I thought the producers probably gave Ashley NaomiEEEEE's number but she clearly had it stored in her phone b/c on the display in her car is ready Jacobs, Ashley not unknown number.  Who would you store an enemy's cell number in their phone??  The smile and hug was probably just to be polite.

I don't know if this has been brought up but something that bugs me about Whit and Katheryn hooking up is in the text Whit sent her about coming over.  The telling her NOT TO TELLING ANYONE where she was going!  What the hell dude?  That would have been a no go for me if a guy doesn't even want anyone to know I was at his place much less hooking up.  I don't understand why she didn't have more respect for herself and just told the a-hole to drop dead?

About Whit and Kat...ITA!

If him telling her in a text “ don’t tell anyone where you’re going “ isn’t a HUGE clue it’s on the DL...I don’t know what is!

and as much as I’m no fan of Whit (truthfully I’m not a fan of Kat either this season)

I'm wondering if Whitney isn’t contemplating TRav’s possible ammunition in upcoming custody hearings...and trying to shut her down for her own good.

i realize it’s 2019...but that’s the south and Thomas and his dad can still “sway” the ppl.

..making her out as sleeping around sure doesn’t paint the picture of “sympathetic” party in the eyes of the court...

Is Katherine just far reaching for a story line...and he’s trying to shut her up? (Obviously for his own reputation...not just hers).

She really doesn’t have much going on other than this subject matter...going MIA again...or moping about inconsideration regarding her obstacles.

just a thought...🥴

• Love 6
On 7/25/2019 at 1:34 AM, Marley said:

It’s a cover Kathryn went to rehab for weed right? Cause that’s not a thing.

She just wanted attention in this episode cause no one was paying attention to her.

Some of these ppl were such buzzkills like whoa way to kill the vibe and fun lol.

It's a thing.  Many people have no issue with weed, just like many people have no issue with alcohol, but for some people it is a problem.  

On 7/25/2019 at 2:49 AM, BookElitist said:

Along with the infused wine, the meal was to gradually increase in 'ganja juice’. In this manner, the chef’s work- -meal would be appreciated with a small buzz increasing in increments balanced by an increasingly full belly. But nooo, Schlep and Austen just had to get blitzed and behave like immature azzholes. Based on their actions, really, it was purposeless to have a chef come to the dwelling and prepare a several-course-meal. It wasn’t appreciated...seemingly by anyone.

Katherine ‘s behavior was no more irritating than Shep and Austen’s behaviors.

ole Shep was downright salivating while L👀King @Madison. Good. Suffer, Schlep.

Not to mention they pre-gamed and were stoned before the chef got there.  And then they started downing the CBD wine.  THEN they had the meal.  When you start spooning the laced butter into your mouth like it's soup, dude, it's time to call it a night.  

On 7/25/2019 at 8:06 AM, bichonblitz said:

Who the hell does Craig think he is yelling at Whitney to go talk to Kathryn? Or yelling at anybody for that matter? Sit down and shut your mouth, dude. So sick of Craig. 

These people are boring even when they are stoned out of their minds. I didn't think Shep and Austen lauging like out of control teenagers at dinner was funny at all. What is so entertaining about that? Madison seems so much more mature than Austen. Girl, go find yourself a real man. 

I actually don't think Craig was wrong here, though.  Normally I'm the first one to say Craig is an asshole, but his point to Whitney was that Kathryn is your friend and something you said hurt her.  Even if Whitney stands by the substance of what he says, the way he said it was hurtful and if Kathryn IS his friend, then he should want to clear that up at least.  Sometimes what I say comes out harsher than I meant it to, I still mean what I said, though.  Like the time I told my BFF that the dress she was trying on made her look like a pear.  (I was a teenager, it wasn't my finest moment) In retrospect, the problem was the dress and not her, and if I could do it over again, I would simply say that it's not my favorite dress on her and I think the other one was more flattering.  So I AM sorry for the way I said it, but, it did make her look like a pear, and I stand by the fact that it wasn't the dress for her.  Whitney needs to clean up the way he said what he said, if he does feel that Kathryn is his friend.

Of course, Craig screaming about how Whitney denies having sex with Kathryn isn't the most delicate way to handle things.  I was like, umm, props for standing up for her, but you just put her on blast.  I also thought his point with "It doesn't cost you anything" was valid, in that all he had to do was apologize for his phrasing.  It really doesn't cost anything to be kind.  

On 7/25/2019 at 8:38 AM, Rlb8031 said:

The Countess didn't handle it any better than Kat this season. She complained about the first night of the Miami trip and how hard it was being around when everyone was falling down drunk. I do think it takes a special kind of narcissist to not even fathom that someone who has a substance abuse problem 1) might be triggered by being around that substance and 2) might not think it was the most fun thing in the world to watch friends get drunk/high. Hell, its not always fun being the non-drinker in the room without a substance abuse problem.  And I don't think that traveling to a state where weed is legal should necessarily mean that one would expect that the entire trip would be focused around weed. One trip to the dispensary is fine, but the dinner should have been discussed and folks given the opportunity to opt out if they didn't want to partake.

I do think they should have checked with Kathryn to make sure she was ok with them having this dinner.  Her issues are pretty well known and while she hasn't had an issue with them drinking, this is a different subject altogether.  It wouldn't have been a big deal to just ask her if it would be a problem.  

There is no way in the world that it would be amusing to hang out with Shep and Austin with the way they were acting.  I was irritated and ready to just turn the show off because it wasn't cute or funny, and I wasn't stuck dealing with them at the meal.  I can see how Kathryn got up and left, you could see that Cameran was over it as well.  

I also think it would have been super easy to arrange a second thing, which they do all the time on shows.  An infused dinner for those who want to partake and then a different dinner, maybe something at a restaurant or some special theme for those who didn't.  It would have completely avoided the issues. 

On 7/25/2019 at 10:09 AM, Shannah Banana said:

I hate it when Kathryn teases her hair.  For the love of Pete, she already has a high forehead, and when she teases her hair, with that deep side part, it only accentuates her high forehead.  Then she spends the whole time trying to make sure that her hair is covering her high forehead.  Epic fail.  Ugh.

I think Kathryn has some kind of hairpiece she puts in, that is on a comb and she's constantly trying to make sure that it's still in place.  

On 7/25/2019 at 11:39 AM, Pickles said:

Danni's face looks so skeletal or something to me. Eliza is just kind of in the background. She is almost an observer. 

Danni has the same look to me as Star Jones did after she had her weight loss surgery.  

On 7/25/2019 at 4:31 PM, RedInk said:

Y'all, I don't know about Madison. I kinda think I don't like her,  but one thing I know for sure is that she is Newlyweds-era Jessica Simpson and I cannot even watch her without having to remind myself that she is, in fact, a different person. Right?! Have we discussed that? 

I miss that show!

On 7/25/2019 at 10:56 PM, Misslindsey said:

I might be misremembering, but didn't Shep act somewhat jealous when Austen and Chelsea were seeing each other a couple seasons ago? It seems similar to the way Shep is acting with Madison and Austen now. Does he get irritated when the women that turn him down end up dating Austen?

He grabbed Chelsea and tried to kiss her.  Then he apologized to Austen for it, but not really Cheslea.  He makes fun of Austen for it now, because he grabbed his girlfriend and Austen didn't do anything.

10 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

OMG right?!  I thought the producers probably gave Ashley NaomiEEEEE's number but she clearly had it stored in her phone b/c on the display in her car is ready Jacobs, Ashley not unknown number.  Who would you store an enemy's cell number in their phone??  The smile and hug was probably just to be polite.

So you know when not to pick up the phone?

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
57 minutes ago, smores said:

I was going to say this, it’s what I do, LOL. You know Ashley’s crazy ass got Naomie’s number somehow and if I were Naomie, I’d make damn sure to save it as a contact to screen any calls from Ash-hole (when the cameras aren’t rolling, that is).

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, link417 said:

I was going to say this, it’s what I do, LOL. You know Ashley’s crazy ass got Naomie’s number somehow and if I were Naomie, I’d make damn sure to save it as a contact to screen any calls from Ash-hole (when the cameras aren’t rolling, that is).

Yep, if you block the crazy, they'll just call from another number you might not recognize.  If you just let them go to voicemail, then, well it's not your fault you are a busy person . . . 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, smores said:

Yep, if you block the crazy, they'll just call from another number you might not recognize.  If you just let them go to voicemail, then, well it's not your fault you are a busy person . . . 

No she put her name and number so that the cameras could film her phone screen showing that Ashley was calling.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, scrb said:

No she put her name and number so that the cameras could film her phone screen showing that Ashley was calling.

A rhetorical question regarding why Naomie would have Ashley’s name in her phone was asked in regard to obvious production involvement, so a plausible real-world reason for it was suggested.

• Love 4
On 7/25/2019 at 2:34 AM, Sage47 said:

Craig is always up in the drama. I remember Cameran saying that years back, that he was like a girl, always ready for some gossip. It’s off- putting. 

I am quite curious why old stand-by Danni didn’t chase Kathryn down?? 

I thought for SURE Shep was going to try to kiss Madison. You know Austen was worried about it too. Madison looked HAWT. 

Shep is THE most competitive and jealous guy on the planet. He even got ruffled feathers when Austen had to pay for all the bar shots! He didn’t like it looking like Austen was a big money guy...wow. Only Shep and Whitney can be the rich, privileged guys, I forgot. 

I agree with everything here except Craig´s meddling being off-putting. I think him saying stuff that nobody else will say often leads to the best scenes of the series. He is a caring guy who will stand up for stuff nobody else thinks matters, like Kathryn. He has always had her back.

I think this season the "bullying" Craig has faced in the group has become too much for him. I think he is very tense and anxious about dealing with Whit and Shep who are his friends but make fun of him constantly. He has other problems in his life that make him kind of unstable at times, but seeing the way they constantly push him and push him is what I find most off putting with the whole group. There is no need for it because Craig is perfectly able to unintentionally make fun of himself. I love him but he often embarrasses himself when he´s trying to look "bigger" than he is lol. I also think he has a problem with alcohol that is not really on display but seems very much behind his outburts this season.

It´s weird too to see how Kathryn is the only one that needs to hold back just because she had kids with Thomas, the old, vile substance abuser himself. It´s so unfair that she can´t have a drink or a little smoke with her friends. Her rehabs were just uncalled for imo.

• Love 9
(edited)
15 hours ago, Shellbell59 said:

About Whit and Kat...ITA!

If him telling her in a text “ don’t tell anyone where you’re going “ isn’t a HUGE clue it’s on the DL...I don’t know what is!

and as much as I’m no fan of Whit (truthfully I’m not a fan of Kat either this season)

I'm wondering if Whitney isn’t contemplating TRav’s possible ammunition in upcoming custody hearings...and trying to shut her down for her own good.

i realize it’s 2019...but that’s the south and Thomas and his dad can still “sway” the ppl.

..making her out as sleeping around sure doesn’t paint the picture of “sympathetic” party in the eyes of the court...

Is Katherine just far reaching for a story line...and he’s trying to shut her up? (Obviously for his own reputation...not just hers).

She really doesn’t have much going on other than this subject matter...going MIA again...or moping about inconsideration regarding her obstacles.

just a thought...🥴

Katherine strikes me as drifting through life, landing here and there without much thought to consequences. I know she is young so I will cut her some slack, but I first noticed this when she hooked up with TRav and then two or three other guys in what a week? And then she got pregnant. I don't know if she intentionally got pregnant or not, but she doesn't seem to have a clear sense of direction. 

I'm also wondering what kind of medication she is on, because it's making her almost lethargic in her interactions with the others. I'm glad she's not going crazy and flying off the handle like a few seasons ago, but she's swung almost too much the other way. She hardly seems present and appears depressed.

I also don't understand why she (apparently) hooked up with Whitney. Is she looking for someone to rescue her? He is so much older, just like TRav. Why is she letting Whitney treat her so badly? 

Shep is already showing signs of ending up a bloated 50-something drunk hanging out at bars and hitting on college girls. They'll let him pay for their drinks and then ditch him. It is not pretty. If Craig and Austen aren't careful, they'll be right there with him. 

Whitney clearly doesn't want to acknowledge any kind of romantic relationship or encounter with Katherine. He isn't even trying to hide this, as he told her right to her face when he denied anything happened. I hope she wises up and stays away from him the next time he texts her late at night for a booty call. 

Agree about Naomie knocking back the wine. I also wondered about the pour, because she asked for a "large" glass of rose. Some restaurants will give you the option for a larger pour--a glass and a half. If that was the case and she did it for all three glasses, then she would've consumed 4.5 glasses in less than an hour. Definitely past the legal limit for driving, so I'm assuming she got a ride home. Even three glasses would likely put her past the limit if she drank them in less than an hour. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
then not when
  • Love 9
(edited)
On 7/25/2019 at 5:26 PM, theajw said:

And I wish we could have a moratorium on these out-of-town trips.

THEAJW, I rather like the out-of-town trips because it shows us what these southern "stars" are like when they're taken away from their natural habitat.  Once they leave Charleston, they fail.

Edited by Oosala
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Regarding those oxygen tanks that Whitney had, I've seen them used in the NFL, usually after a player on defense runs a kickoff back for a touchdown.  Those big guys aren't used to running hard for 80-90 yards.  And I remember many years ago, oxygen bars were a thing for about a half-minute.  You'd all sit around a giant oxygen tank and suck on a tube.  (Yes, THAT is why people hate the left coast.)

I thought Katherine looked good in her ski suit.  Her body looked fit.  I wouldn't necessarily go for the fire engine red and those stupid-ass ear muffs, but Katherine will be Katherine.

I'm with all of your about the decline of Shep, but there was a fleeting moment in this episode when I was 100% on his side.  He corrected someone who said "I could care less."

Edited by Oosala
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
(edited)

All the focus is on Kathryn’s past drug issues but what about Craig’s CURRENT ones?? 

He has had a serious drinking problem the entire series. He got fired from his job for partying too much in Season One and then came back from a break in Delaware as Hashtag New Craig. But after (actually during) Naomie, he went rock bottom again. 

Why does no one on the show talk about what serious trouble he is in? The guy looks like crap with his red nose and low energy, plus his anger issues. He is mentally off and/or depressed. He can’t even sew a couple pillows. Not sure why no one intervenes?? Maybe they have tried and are shut down (likely), but man. He’s in bad shape. 

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 15
(edited)
14 hours ago, Sage47 said:

All the focus is on Kathryn’s past drug issues but what about Craig’s CURRENT ones?? 

He has had a serious drinking problem the entire series. He got fired from his job for partying too much in Season One and then came back from a break in Delaware as Hashtag New Craig. But after (actually during) Naomie, he went rock bottom again. 

Why does no one on the show talk about what serious trouble he is in? The guy looks like crap with his red nose and low energy, plus his anger issues. He is mentally off and/or depressed. He can’t even sew a couple pillows. Not sure why no one intervenes?? Maybe they have tried and are shut down (likely), but man. He’s in bad shape. 

Sage47, I couldn't agree more with your entire post.  I was married to an alcoholic/drug addict for too many years and Craig's 0 to 60 anger flare-ups kind of traumatize me and bring up my past.  Which "Rick" was I coming home to; fun "Rick" or Rage "Rick" or passed-out "Rick".  It was a bad time for me and I like to keep it in the past, where it belongs.  Oh well.  Once again, the men of Southern Charm get limitless free passes.

Edited by Oosala
The show is called Southern Charm, not Southern Charge.
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Oosala said:

Sage47, I couldn't agree more with your entire post.  I was married to an alcoholic/drug addict for too many years and Craig's 0 to 60 anger flare-ups kind of traumatize me and bring up my past.  Which "Rick" was I coming home to; fun "Rick" or Rage "Rick" or passed-out "Rick".  It was a bad time for me and I like to keep it in the past, where it belongs.  Oh well.  Once again, the men of Southern Charm get limitless free passes.

I am so sorry you dealt with that Oosala and am glad you were able to get away. I wish you much happiness in your future, you deserve it. 

I’m really not sure why the producers don’t force the issue with Craig and make him go to rehab. He has completely torched his life since Season One and it is uncomfortable to watch. He has gotten really strange. 

It is so hard to imagine a Whitney/Kathryn hookup for some reason. It must have been low on the passion scale if his glasses stayed on, lol. I picture it more like a business transaction where they shook hands afterward and kissed on the cheek. Lmao! 

• Love 5
On 7/26/2019 at 9:33 PM, smores said:

It's a thing.  Many people have no issue with weed, just like many people have no issue with alcohol, but for some people it is a problem.  

Not to mention they pre-gamed and were stoned before the chef got there.  And then they started downing the CBD wine.  THEN they had the meal.  When you start spooning the laced butter into your mouth like it's soup, dude, it's time to call it a night.  

I actually don't think Craig was wrong here, though.  Normally I'm the first one to say Craig is an asshole, but his point to Whitney was that Kathryn is your friend and something you said hurt her.  Even if Whitney stands by the substance of what he says, the way he said it was hurtful and if Kathryn IS his friend, then he should want to clear that up at least.  Sometimes what I say comes out harsher than I meant it to, I still mean what I said, though.  Like the time I told my BFF that the dress she was trying on made her look like a pear.  (I was a teenager, it wasn't my finest moment) In retrospect, the problem was the dress and not her, and if I could do it over again, I would simply say that it's not my favorite dress on her and I think the other one was more flattering.  So I AM sorry for the way I said it, but, it did make her look like a pear, and I stand by the fact that it wasn't the dress for her.  Whitney needs to clean up the way he said what he said, if he does feel that Kathryn is his friend.

Of course, Craig screaming about how Whitney denies having sex with Kathryn isn't the most delicate way to handle things.  I was like, umm, props for standing up for her, but you just put her on blast.  I also thought his point with "It doesn't cost you anything" was valid, in that all he had to do was apologize for his phrasing.  It really doesn't cost anything to be kind.  

I do think they should have checked with Kathryn to make sure she was ok with them having this dinner.  Her issues are pretty well known and while she hasn't had an issue with them drinking, this is a different subject altogether.  It wouldn't have been a big deal to just ask her if it would be a problem.  

There is no way in the world that it would be amusing to hang out with Shep and Austin with the way they were acting.  I was irritated and ready to just turn the show off because it wasn't cute or funny, and I wasn't stuck dealing with them at the meal.  I can see how Kathryn got up and left, you could see that Cameran was over it as well.  

I also think it would have been super easy to arrange a second thing, which they do all the time on shows.  An infused dinner for those who want to partake and then a different dinner, maybe something at a restaurant or some special theme for those who didn't.  It would have completely avoided the issues. 

I think Kathryn has some kind of hairpiece she puts in, that is on a comb and she's constantly trying to make sure that it's still in place.  

Danni has the same look to me as Star Jones did after she had her weight loss surgery.  

I miss that show!

He grabbed Chelsea and tried to kiss her.  Then he apologized to Austen for it, but not really Cheslea.  He makes fun of Austen for it now, because he grabbed his girlfriend and Austen didn't do anything.

Sorry I don’t know how to collect certain texts to “quote”...and the above post goes on...but I have to say something about the comment referring to Shep and Austen getting part of the high off the CBD wine.

CBD HAS ZERO PSYCHOACTIVE SUBSTANCE...only THC causes the “high of ANY kind...not to say hemp can’t be used in other ways...but you’ll never get high off CBD wine...other than the alcohol content...seriously   

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Have we really seen Craig drink a lot or partake of other drugs this season, other than this last week episode?

If he was still partying heavily, you'd think they'd want to feature that story.

• Love 1
On 7/27/2019 at 10:59 PM, Sage47 said:

Because Craig doesn't have to be accountable for anything at the moment.  He makes a good living off the show and he doesn't appear to be harming anyone.

Kathryn on the other hand only had all of these issues become a problem because of her kids.  If she didn't have kids, her and Thomas would have spiraled down some path together without anyone really giving a care in the world. 

ALL of the guys's drinking habits are super alarming to me. Maybe Kathryn ended up being the lucky one because she had to become accountable. 

• Love 6
(edited)
On 7/26/2019 at 3:51 PM, Sarah Heart said:

No thanks.. When I heard Shep talk to Madison, about her size, and how she should maybe take less, that was enough for me.

I find a persons size has little to do with how high one gets with pot.  It is more about how seasoned you are at eating/smoking/whathaveyou.  

Edited by Natalie68
clarity
  • Love 4
On 7/29/2019 at 4:00 PM, Natalie68 said:

I find a persons size has little to do with how high one gets with pot.  It is more about how seasoned you are at eating/smoking/whathaveyou.  

I totally agree.

• Love 2
On 7/26/2019 at 3:02 PM, SheTalksShit said:

If Whitney had any significant influence on what airs on the show, I think they woulda cut  any mention of him sleeping w/Katherine out. 

I think Whitney loves having people think he's slept with Katherine  even though on the show he's claimed not to.  I think he loves being considered a cad.  

That said, I don't believe they've hooked up at all, even way back in the first season where they suggested Katherine was with Whitney before anyone else.  I think this is all for the show.

• Love 3

Maybe Whitney doesn't want to be like all those others guys and say, "yeah, I banged Katheryn."  

Maybe Katheryn just jerked Whitney off or something.  When she said he didn't take off his glasses, I was like, huh?  Who has sex and keeps their glasses on?

• Love 2
On 7/29/2019 at 11:39 AM, scrb said:

Have we really seen Craig drink a lot or partake of other drugs this season, other than this last week episode?

If he was still partying heavily, you'd think they'd want to feature that story.

i dont know... unfortunately, ive also had a lot of experience with alcoholics and craig triggers me all over the place. he has a substance abuse problem of some sort. i actually think the rage episodes are a stimulant of some sort... coke/adderall. 

• Love 2

I’ve fallen behind on watching but keep up-to-date reading posts, so just found an unmentioned gem in this episode. At the “infused” dinner Austen asked Don (Eliza’s boyfriend) if he had partaken of the salad dressing. He said, “No! I’m not going to get stoned as a goat like you animals. Who the hell’s gonna take care of us later on when y’all can’t even speak English?”

I rolled laughing and have rewound it and rewatched 8 times so far. He’s totally right, hilarious, and a great foil for the other (loser) lads. I’m liking this guy who actually has sense. More Don, please! 

And Kathryn firmly answered his (rhetorical) question with: “It is NOT gon’ be me.”

Edited by RedHawk
Spelling
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2