Type keyword(s) to search

S01: Week 3: July 22, 2019-July 26, 2019

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, JKLM said:

Who do you guess is going home?

I'm thinking George and Marli. They had the least chances to show themselves in positive light to the viewers. I'm just hoping that we don't have Big Brother syndrome pop up here with Ray and Aissata going home.

• Love 2

I think Eric and Kelsey are locks to stay.

As for the other two who would stay (I presume one woman and one man will go), Ray is more likely to stay than George. George got barely any air time last night so he'll probably be forgettable. However, if the housemates are voting on the bottom four and which two stay, then it depends if George connected better with them.

As for the women, it's hard to say. I'd hope Marli would stay, but I actually like Aissata as well. I think all three women are way more appealing than the men. And Marli/Winston would be an interesting pairing to explore because of the age gap. I'd love to see if there's anything there, but I get the feeling like Marli's probably a goner.

• Love 1
On 7/23/2019 at 1:38 PM, JKLM said:

Seemed like Zac may have been misunderstood a little bit. All I heard him say was that he was willing to talk to other girls. No harm in just talking, is there? After all, if his gf were somehow to get voted off, if he hadn't built any bridges at all he'd be in a terrible position in the game.

It's possibly a misunderstanding. I went back and Zaprudered it. The other boys, particularly Dylan, were definitely indicating they were open to possibly bettering their existing relationships. Aissata then said to Zac, "You're like 'coupled up' coupled up...but are you open to talking to other people or do you like..." Zac doesn't wait for her to finish, saying,"Yeah, I'll give all you guys the time of day." In isolation, the statement doesn't mean much; in the context of the conversation, it sounds like he's agreeing with the other guys about being open to a new relationship, at least to me. Who knows what he meant?

Then we cut to a talking head of Winston saying he couldn't believe the way some of the boys, specifically Dylan and Zac, handled the conversation, and that Zac didn't tell them he had "gone boyfriend/girlfriend." Then back to Yamen warning Zac about how the convo might look if Elizabeth heard about it  from the new girls first.

We didn't hear about any repercussions on last night's show, and in fact Zac and Dylan were barely glimpsed at all, so it's probably no big deal.

• Love 5
(edited)

I don’t like the way that Eric is sorta following Kyra around. I get that he is attracted to her but it feels a little stalkerish to me. 

Marli May be a fun girl but, I still think that she’s too young for this show. Maybe she just wants to her name out there for other ventures.

I like George but, lack of airtime has doomed him. Why would people vote for you to stay if we forget that you’re there.

Ray and Katrina were very cute on their date. 

Edited by TroopinFairy
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Shadow Wave said:

It's possibly a misunderstanding. I went back and Zaprudered it

Don't you mean Zac-prudered?  😉  I'll let myself out...

18 minutes ago, Shadow Wave said:

Then back to Yamen warning Zac about how the convo might look if Elizabeth heard about it  from the new girls first.

Yamen is a stealth shit-stirrer!  First there was this and then his convo with Caro about how Eric really wanted to pick Kyra for his date.  He was being truthful in both situations, but like the announcer said "Was that really necessary?"  Of course, I'm watching this silly show for the DRAMAH(!) so I certainly don't have a problem with it. 

• Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, TroopinFairy said:

I like George but, lack of airtime has doomed him. Why would people vote for you to stay if we forget that you’re there.

Ray and Katrina were very cute on their date. 

I thought George was on the date with Katrina?  But I'm pretty bad at names.

Edit:  I was incredibly wrong

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
50 minutes ago, leocadia said:

Don't you mean Zac-prudered?  😉  I'll let myself out...

Yamen is a stealth shit-stirrer!  First there was this and then his convo with Caro about how Eric really wanted to pick Kyra for his date.  He was being truthful in both situations, but like the announcer said "Was that really necessary?"  Of course, I'm watching this silly show for the DRAMAH(!) so I certainly don't have a problem with it. 

That's how it's supposed to go!  Someone always gotta tell business so someone else can fly off the handle!  How else are we to be entertained? 😄

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I thought George was on the date with Katrina?  But I'm pretty bad at names.

George went on the date with Aissata. It’s ok though. Like I said in my post George hasn’t gotten a lot of airtime.

• Love 2
(edited)

Thank you JaneyJay for your note to Yamen about his excessive and annoying use of the term "ya boy". Use of this term requires Mr. DocTerv and me to shout "NOT OUR BOY" each time and we grow weary. 

Should we all take a shot each time someone inserts the word like needless into a conversation or would that overtax the world's liquor supply?

Edited by DocTerv
You have to actually finish typing the whole word.
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

"Ya boy" doesn't bother me, but I could do without, "I GOT A TEXT" and the ensuing "WOOOH"ing from every person, every single time. What if people did that in real life? "I GOT A TEXT! MY EYE DOCTOR IS CONFIRMING MY APPOINTMENT FOR MONDAY! HASHTAG PREVENT GLAUCOMA!" Everyone around me: "WOOOOH!"

• LOL 13
  • Love 3

The "I GOT A TEXT" announcement is part of the Love Island Handbook, as it's done on the UK version as well. I look at it like Tim Gunn's "gather round" thing on Project Runway -- a bit annoying but part of the package and a means to share info/push the narrative.

• Love 7

To each her own, but I was turned off by Eric's arrogance. I suspect he likes himself a lot, and he can't imagine anyone else not being as enamored of him as he is. I'm open to him changing my mind, though, because at least he can speak.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

I'm thinking George and Marli. They had the least chances to show themselves in positive light to the viewers. I'm just hoping that we don't have Big Brother syndrome pop up here with Ray and Aissata going home.

The right people did leave -- neither George nor Marli made a big impression, save for Marli/Winston. Although I have hopes he will couple up with Katrina, since it looks like old Weston's going to mosey on over to Kelsey. And Big Brother syndrome avoided thank goodness. Much better look.

• Love 5
(edited)

Not surprised about who went home.

Maybe viewers voted to keep Eric to try to get rid of Cash? I don’t think that he’s very popular with the viewers and maybe Kyra will pick to recouple with Eric instead of him.

Damn that Ray and Caro have made a connection. She’s really annoying to me and want her to leave. However, I’m not surprised that her flirting has saved her ass yet again. 

Edited by TroopinFairy
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, TroopinFairy said:

George went on the date with Aissata. It’s ok though. Like I said in my post George hasn’t gotten a lot of airtime.

Yup.  I was TOOOOOOOOOOOOTALLY wrong about who George is.   I'm sorry.  LOL.  I told you I'm bad at names.

I only figured out who Ray was in the last 5 minutes of this episode 😞 I never knew his name before 😞 

• LOL 1
(edited)
49 minutes ago, janeyjay said:

The right people did leave -- neither George nor Marli made a big impression, save for Marli/Winston. Although I have hopes he will couple up with Katrina, since it looks like old Weston's going to mosey on over to Kelsey. And Big Brother syndrome avoided thank goodness. Much better look.

I would have preferred Marli over (whatever the other one's name is.)  Poor Winston.  But at least Yamen didn't lose a woman 3 times in a row.  That would have been AWFUL.

48 minutes ago, TroopinFairy said:

Damn that Ray and Caro have made a connection. She’d really annoying to me and want her to leave. However, I’m not surprised that her flirting has saved her ass yet again. 

Caro always gets what she wants!!!!!  Without ever being in a couple!   It's impressive.  The other women must really like her.

I'm so turned off of Kyra after seeing her Instagram and seeing she's another Kendall Jenner wannabe.  I'm pretty sure she got her nose and lips done after this show.  She just..... really thinks she's the shit and it's way too obvious.

The host is nice and all, but I kind of think she looks like a duck.

Songs tonight:

Truth is a Beautiful Thing - London Grammar
Dangerous Woman - Ariana Grande
I Think We're Alone Now - Tiffany

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

Caro has had pink eye since the second day. Cashews was red day one. Pink eye is hugely contagious. One eye is perpetually red and I remember Cormac putting drops in. I can’t look at her without getting distracted by her red eye. 

• Love 5

Ugh...of course "America" kept the two newcomers I liked the least.  It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that they got the most screen time, I'm sure.  Eric has dead eyes and Kelsey seems like the fakiest fake who ever faked.  Also, on a shallow note, her lips are all I can see when she's onscreen.  I don't know if it's fillers or just the way she does her make up, but they give her the look of a cheap blow-up doll.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, fishcakes said:

"Ya boy" doesn't bother me, but I could do without, "I GOT A TEXT" and the ensuing "WOOOH"ing from every person, every single time. What if people did that in real life? "I GOT A TEXT! MY EYE DOCTOR IS CONFIRMING MY APPOINTMENT FOR MONDAY! HASHTAG PREVENT GLAUCOMA!" Everyone around me: "WOOOOH!"

I literally just spit out my water over #preventglaucoma. I’m #dead right now. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

(late to watch today...)

"Time to work out like your Instagram pages depend on it."

Okay, time out... somebody when they clinked WINE glasses had BEER in their glass. Who does that?? The people they showed drinking their after didn't show who it was. They are in Fiji, so I'm letting the obviously cold red wine thing go though. #don'tbethatguy #winelover

Not only does Caro do the baby voice thing she needs cutesy keywords for adult words like "horny" needs to be "apple" instead. I can just imagine what kind of codes she needs to talk about sex. "Oh baby you ripen my avocado!!"

And holy shit, they actually sent someone on a "date" that isn't just a 'go down to the beach in front of the villa and sit on a blanket' date! Color me shocked.

Eric talks with Cashew with a huge bandaid on his ankle which I guess is maybe a logo tattoo he needs to hide... but I keep going between that and that he's wearing socks with his sandals. Eric kind of takes a "powers larger than me are just moving me towards Kira." Like it isn't his 'fault' that Cashew gets screwed (or should I say not screwed?) in the deal if that's the way the chips fall.

Results time... Kelsey is not sure at first if she's staying or going but when she realizes she is staying she without a thought goes and sits back down next to Weston while Katrina looks on bugeyed. Well, that was telling.

Eric is staying and sits next to Kira so I guess this is a thing but Cashew is having none of it and beams a 'look that could kill' directly at him for several seconds, crestfallen that it didn't (like) literally kill him.

Marlboro err Marli has a very low husky voice when "pleading her case". I think that it sucks that Winston had to bow to the island seniority of Yamen and couldn't fight harder for her to stay. She seems like a good kid who was a teenager just months ago (not knowing when her bday is).

I like that Ray put himself out there for Caro in his speech like nobody else did. If only he could get Caro to focus & concentrate on one person for once! He may regret this.

So my picks to go went. I'm glad to see a reverse Big Brother happen with both Ray and Aissata staying. *exhales*

I don't see a way that Winston stays after recoupling tomorrow.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Poor Winston.  But at least Yamen didn't lose a woman 3 times in a row.  That would have been AWFUL.

Oh yeah, I hadn't thought of that. That would be pretty brutal. I was thinking of it from a 'sucking for Winston' POV.

#preventglaucomaftw

• Love 2

Cashel and Eric's conversation was so funny just because of the way they were sitting. Cashel, evidently having read an old management book on power moves, sits on a bunch of pillows so he's higher than Eric. Eric counters by spreading his legs and pointing his crotch at Cashel's face. Point goes to Eric. Really, I can't stand Eric, but Cashel acting like he's never once thought about ditching Kyra for someone else is irritating, so he's getting what he deserves.

Also funny: Alexandra dancing. Ha ha hahaha. Girl, no.

Weston is getting worse. Again he tells Kelsey how good she would be to come home to and how he imagines that she'll have cooked him a meal and then they'll go to bed. He left out the part about how she can do the dinner dishes in the morning before he wakes up. Then he tries to cuddle with Katrina in bed even though she told him she doesn't feel close enough to him yet to do that. He's (probably) not dumb enough to think that flirting with another woman would make Katrina more inclined to get physical with him, so trying to make her do it is starting to feel like an ultimatum. Also what was with his  disgusted stare at Marli and her eyebrow? He was way more likeable when he got no screen time.

9 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

I don't see a way that Winston stays after recoupling tomorrow.

I was thinking about this (I think way too much about this show) and I could see him staying if the recoupling order is arranged to maximize the drama. The undisputed couples would go first: Elizabeth/Zac, Alexandra/Dylan, Aisatta/Yamen, Caro/Ray. But then they let Kelsey choose next, and she chooses Weston. Katrina then has to choose from among Winston, Cashel, and Eric. I think she's going to choose Winston, partly because someone will have suggested (cough) to her that she has to leave Cashel and Eric for last to make Kyra's choice look all dramatic, and also because no one but Kyra and her issues would be interested in Cashel or Eric. My guess is that Winston stays and Cashel goes, although this could be wishful thinking on my part.

• Love 8

I liked Caro's little clap of happiness when the guys saved Assiata.  That was nice to see.  But I'm not seeing it between Caro & Ray.  It's just not the business.  I really think she & Cashel should have stayed together--and Cashel may be thinking the same if he gets dumped for Eric tomorrow night!

Why is Winston there?  It's like Ex on the Beach casting Farrah last season and Aubrey O'Day this one.  These Z-listers are not necessary to make things more exciting.  All they do is bore me and waste valuable real estate and screen time.

Good thing tomorrow is girl's choice or else Katrina would be outta there.  IDK why no one is checking for her, she's lovely and seems to have a decent personality.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, janeyjay said:

@fishcakes I like that scenario you laid out. Katrina is my favorite of the girls (she's almost too good/mature for this nonsense show) and for some weird reason, I think she and Winston would make a not-horrible couple. 

Katrina definitely feels like she’s on the wrong show. She carries herself differently from the other women. 

TBH, I don’t believe she has trouble finding men. I think she’s doing the show for the exposure (too bad the ratings suck) and is trying hard to maintain her dignity.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Cashel and Eric's conversation was so funny just because of the way they were sitting.

I love your breakdown of the pillow situation. Too Funny.

Also re:"the eyebrow" what a bummer it must be to have to every night remove your eyebrow makeup and then cake it back on in the morning... I mean she can't go out with that crazy blonde eyebrow. Oh the burdens some people hold. Heh.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
19 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

To each her own, but I was turned off by Eric's arrogance. I suspect he likes himself a lot, and he can't imagine anyone else not being as enamored of him as he is. I'm open to him changing my mind, though, because at least he can speak.

I was, too. He walked in and tried to force his vision of what the show should be and how others should be managing their relationships in almost every conversation I saw. On the other hand, he gets much credit from me for calling out Caro on her baby voice. Caro, if you have to explain to others what your charm is, it’s time to drop that shtick. And the code words—I think she was attempting that as a bonding ritual, and not necessarily as part of her baby talk, but it was still too, too, sick-making. 

5 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Cashel and Eric's conversation was so funny just because of the way they were sitting. Cashel, evidently having read an old management book on power moves, sits on a bunch of pillows so he's higher than Eric. Eric counters by spreading his legs and pointing his crotch at Cashel's face. Point goes to Eric. Really, I can't stand Eric, but Cashel acting like he's never once thought about ditching Kyra for someone else is irritating, so he's getting what he deserves.

That conversation was entertaining enough without the visual of Eric sitting there splayed out as if he was offering himself up to Cashel* or showing him what the competition was. Difficult to say for certain. 

Cashel and Kyra do not a couple make. I think Kyra should go home. She knows she has issues with opening herself up to others, and that is getting in her way. I suspect part of the reason she did the show was that she thought such a crammed fishbowl of people would help her get over it. Wrong. Of course, she still has the immense internet fame waiting for her, even if she doesn’t get a “boy.”

I am having great trouble keeping all these people apart, even with a picture guide. The new women seem more plastic that the first groups. 

It would be very interesting to hear how production decided who would enter the show when. 

I can see how the boy stack happened. Someone was lying on the ground and another guy thought that looked like fun, so he climbed on. Then the others thought it looked like fun so they jumped on, too. You know, as one does. 

*My auto-correct keeps suggesting “Cashless” for “Cashel.” Maybe it knows something we don’t. 

Edited by Kris117
Added asterisked note.
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, fishcakes said:

I swear, that was the weirdest seating arrangement between two guys I've ever seen.  I don't know if there was some kind of HOYAY going on (TWOP phrase, I forgot what it stood for but basically two guys interested in each other) but I thought it was strange.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

HOYAY! was shorthand for “Homosexuality, yay!” if I remember correctly. It was snark, but it was pro-homosexuality snark. But yeah, it applies perfectly to the Eric posture. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
19 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

The thing that made some red lights go on for me was telling somebody he didn't want them to see him eating. Because he eats "like a savage." Well, one point for self-awareness, but why can't he control himself? He sees a plate of food and attacks it like an orangutan? 

15 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

And holy shit, they actually sent someone on a "date" that isn't just a 'go down to the beach in front of the villa and sit on a blanket' date! Color me shocked.

I know we're supposed to be snarky and cynical, but I love that Elizabeth and Zac are really stuck on each other. 

As for why Winston is on the show, I assume it was to get Big Brother fans interested. CBS keeps putting BB vets on TAR, so why not this. 

Edited by Shadow Wave
syntax
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, fishcakes said:

It was "homoeroticism, yay!" It was used a lot in the Smallville recaps and forums.

Oh, yes, that’s it. Supernatural, too. Thanks.

37 minutes ago, Shadow Wave said:

As for why Winston is on the show, I assume it was to get Big Brother fans interested. CBS keeps putting BB vets on TAR, so why not this. 

I’m sure you are right about that.

I have to start watching this in real time, because I have missed all of the meaningful votes. There are lots of silly votes on the app, though. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Shadow Wave said:

Ah, I was wondering if anyone would admit to downloading the app. Is it worth it? I don't want to get it just to vote.

I’ll admit to downloading it. You can vote but, not that often. After every episode there a silly little quiz about the episode. If something big is going to happen in tonight’s episode you get to watch a little tease of it beforehand. There’s a merch section in case you want to own one the “famous” LI water bottles.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Also what was with his  disgusted stare at Marli and her eyebrow? He was way more likeable when he got no screen time.

Yeah, holy shit.  Weston thinks he's King Shit now because two women are supposedly fighting over him.  The way he was talking about the women was really unpleasant.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Shadow Wave said:

Ah, I was wondering if anyone would admit to downloading the app. Is it worth it? I don't want to get it just to vote.

It’s free, and not a huge storage-eating app. 

Google has figured out that I’m interested in Love Island, but it hasn’t figured out to show me US news instead of UK. As if I weren’t confused enough about names and faces. 

• Love 1

Jackson, have you ever thought of entering an eating contest? Joey Chestnut, look out!

Part of me feels sorry for the guy, because he has to be dealing with big eating and body image issues. But then he speaks, and all that sympathy goes up in smoke. 

I would like to see BB require condoms to be used during all intercourse. If the guys can’t manage that, they’re out. 

• LOL 1
(edited)

Katrina made a mistake by picking Cash over Winston. Cash can’t handle Kyra changing her mind and no matter what he says about finding a new connection he’s bitter about losing Kyra to Eric. 

Elizabeth and Zac you are boring.

Yamen you ARE a player.

Edited by TroopinFairy
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, TroopinFairy said:

Yamen you ARE a player.

And not a very good one at that.  When he first came on the scene I thought he was attractive, but the more I see and hear of him, the less appealing he is to me.

He and Cashew can leave anytime. 

Oh, and take Weston with you.  I can't believe he left Katrina for that duck lipped, bleach blonde, greasy faced, probably fake boobed Kelsey. 

• Love 6