Type keyword(s) to search

S01: Week 3: July 22, 2019-July 26, 2019

• Start Topic

So Zac’s idea of a scavenger hunt is to tell the person exactly where to go and then tell them the clue about where they just went? 🤦‍♂️

Glad Kyra dumped Cashel, I think he’s going to be shocked to find people don’t really like him and he’s probably vulnerable at the next vote. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Wow. In the span of thirty seconds Caro turned off just about every man she’ll ever encounter. She thinks her baby voice is “part of her charm”, she admits she demands a lot of attention (and can tell when the person talking to her checks out), and then when the guy (don’t remember his name) for some reason was still into her, complimenting her, and giving her exactly what she wants, she insults him and says he must be a player. No. Thank. You. 

• Love 12
(edited)

I wasn’t ready for the spitting lizard from Jurassic Park joke. I was eating and almost started choking.

I was also laughing at how ridiculously cringy the villa guys sounded around the new girls. Cash was like “I just want to play the drums to make people happy” or something like that.

No Caro the baby voice is not part of your charm.

Marli is too young.

I’m glad that there’s more of a variety of ages now.

Where are the new people sleeping. The three singles have to sleep alone right so, is there an extra bedroom? Do the new people sleep on the Love Liner?

Edited by TroopinFairy
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

Also thought it was odd Cashel went on camera and admitted he was going to try and use one of the girls to make Kyra jealous and get her back. He realises the audience votes on couples/people and either thinks people must love him or he’s too dumb to connect the dots. 

Speaking of which, didn’t take long for Zac to screw up his first test. Hopefully Elizabeth is keeping track of all the red flags she’s blowing past. Lol

• Love 3
(edited)

That blonde girl who hit on Weston, I'm already pissed on Katrina's behalf because I like Katrina.  And Weston calls her that blonde a "natural beauty".  Oh my god, has he ever met a woman before?  And that woman was trying so hard to be stupid and going crazy after Weston said ANYTHING.  "Oh, you like food?  Oh my GOD HAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THAT'S SO CRAZY SHOW ME PICTURES? I NEED IT.."

Kyra to Cashel:

(like last week when I quoted Kyra, i DID NOT ADD ANYTHING FOR EFFECT, this is verbatim:)

"just like the last couple of days, of like figuring out where my head is at,
And like being in here, and Like, being with you and getting to know you, and like, like i don't know if we 100%, like, have the same like, if we like click in all the ways, you know?"

I liked Caro's talk to Katrina.  She was really nice.  I just hope that she was being genuine, because she did mention having a crush on Weston last episode!

EAHyg8aXkAEy5wB.jpeg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Speaking of which, didn’t take long for Zac to screw up his first test. Hopefully Elizabeth is keeping track of all the red flags she’s blowing past. Lol

I could not believe he did that, after all the angst about asking Elizabeth to be his girlfriend (scary level of commitment there, apparently). 

It also seems messed up that when Yamen drew him a picture of what it would look like, Zac's reaction was that he'd fix it with Elizabeth before the new girls could get to her. I would have thought the best thing would be to go after the new girls and make some excuse along the lines of saying he didn't want them to feel unwelcome, but he needed to make it clear he was coupled up. That might have blown up in his face, too, though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, CarbonCopy said:

What is with these girls and those awful lip fillers? Do they honestly think they look good? That new 20 year old contestant legit looks at least 15 years older. So fake. 

Thank you!  Weston would be like "Finally, a true natural beauty".  Apparently to Weston natural beauty means collagen, bottle blonde, fillers, and maybe even coloured contacts

1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

Wow. In the span of thirty seconds Caro turned off just about every man she’ll ever encounter. She thinks her baby voice is “part of her charm”,

It was AMAZING that a guy finally called her on it though!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Thank you!  Weston would be like "Finally, a true natural beauty".  Apparently to Weston natural beauty means collagen, bottle blonde, fillers, and maybe even coloured contacts

It was AMAZING that a guy finally called her on it though!

Weston is from the Dallas area, that IS considered a “natural beauty” there. 

• LOL 11
55 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I forgot this was on tonight, dang it! 

But it's on EVERY night... *laughs*

Okay, so six new people? Man, it's (like) going down...

Why were there two people that looked so similar in both the guys and girls new arrivals?

And what was with that wispy hair on Aissata's forehead? That was so distracting.

And during Weston's convo with new girl Kelsey was it? We found out dude lives on his own little 12 acre compound outside of Dallas with a 3 acre pond and three houses, one for him, one for his parents and a ssister I think it was?? Yeah, I'd have been giving off my best vibes too! Wow.

I just can't with Yamen anymore. He can't (like) speak in regular english, instead it comes out like this:

"New girls may make the OG girls feel like "oh, crap" like but umm I mean we'll see umm ain't nobody looking over my shoulder like "damn I wonder what Yamen's doin? I wonder what Yamen's *horse lips noise* I'm I'm I'm your boy's a free bird I'm a FREE BIRD (in a higher octave) *bird tweet noise* and ahh you know I'm a, you know, see what's going on with some other birds *bird noise again*"

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Shadow Wave said:

I could not believe he did that, after all the angst about asking Elizabeth to be his girlfriend (scary level of commitment there, apparently). 

To me, it almost felt like Zac had been chasing Elizabeth for so long that, once he actually got her, he's now less interested in her. He asks her to be his girlfriend and not long after, he's telling the new girls that he's open to explore a different relationship? Fuck boi, bye. Elizabeth deserves better. She seemed to have something going with new guy George. You got get that man, Elizabeth! You don't need a fuck boy for the rest of your time in Fiji!

Meanwhile, it looks like Alexandra and Dylan are the only stable couple at the moment. 

So, new girl Kelsey is into Weston, who is with Katrina. That doesn't bode well since Weston is also clearly into Kelsey. Poor Katrina; I actually really like Katrina. Maybe she can get with Winston.

Marli is 20?! I appreciate the influx in ages now, but 20 is a tad too young. Actually, I did have to check the drinking laws for Fiji, so she IS able to drink. I still think she may be too young.

Kyra doesn't seem to know what she wants. She's attracted to Cashew but doesn't connect with him. 

New guy Eric is Canadian! That, and him calling out Caro's baby voice, really made me like him. Ray's intro package made me creeped out by him, but his actual personality with the women wasn't all that bad. Aissata is very beautiful but she really should stay away from Yamen, who still gives me off vibes (though points to him for telling Zac about his fuck boy attitude). Kelsey's eyes are absolutely stunning so I can see why Weston likes her.

Poor Winston. He's clearly too introverted for this show. He hasn't connected with a single person and I don't think he ever will. He's never really shown hanging with anyone unless it's for a game or for a shot. Boy is better off going back to Dixie (his adorable dog) and Brett (his adorable "boyfriend") back in the US. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

To me, it almost felt like Zac had been chasing Elizabeth for so long that, once he actually got her, he's now less interested in her. He asks her to be his girlfriend and not long after, he's telling the new girls that he's open to explore a different relationship? Fuck boi, bye. Elizabeth deserves better. She seemed to have something going with new guy George. You got get that man, Elizabeth! You don't need a fuck boy for the rest of your time in Fiji!

Meanwhile, it looks like Alexandra and Dylan are the only stable couple at the moment. 

So, new girl Kelsey is into Weston, who is with Katrina. That doesn't bode well since Weston is also clearly into Kelsey. Poor Katrina; I actually really like Katrina. Maybe she can get with Winston.

Marli is 20?! I appreciate the influx in ages now, but 20 is a tad too young. Actually, I did have to check the drinking laws for Fiji, so she IS able to drink. I still think she may be too young.

Kyra doesn't seem to know what she wants. She's attracted to Cashew but doesn't connect with him. 

New guy Eric is Canadian! That, and him calling out Caro's baby voice, really made me like him. Ray's intro package made me creeped out by him, but his actual personality with the women wasn't all that bad. Aissata is very beautiful but she really should stay away from Yamen, who still gives me off vibes (though points to him for telling Zac about his fuck boy attitude). Kelsey's eyes are absolutely stunning so I can see why Weston likes her.

Poor Winston. He's clearly too introverted for this show. He hasn't connected with a single person and I don't think he ever will. He's never really shown hanging with anyone unless it's for a game or for a shot. Boy is better off going back to Dixie (his adorable dog) and Brett (his adorable "boyfriend") back in the US. 

Eh, Elizabeth heard Zac’s literal fuck boy story and barely took a breath before making out with him. Zac’s immature and going to screw her over, but she’s also ignoring all the warning signs. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Winston is also striking out because he’s too short. I actually got a kick out of Cashel when he responded to Kelsey saying (jokingly) she needed someone at least 6’5”, “Well you can pack your bags and get the F out because there’s nobody in the Villa that tall.” Lol

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

A Katrina/Winston coupling sounds interesting -- I too really like her, but she seems almost too mature for this group of boys. She and Winston might actually "vibe," as the kids say.

And while I really enjoy the music chosen for the show, that cover of The Police's "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" was terrible. Although with The Police being my favorite band of all time, I might be a wee tad biased.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

Eh, Elizabeth heard Zac’s literal fuck boy story and barely took a breath before making out with him. Zac’s immature and going to screw her over, but she’s also ignoring all the warning signs. 

I guess I was disappointed because they seemed so sweet together. And from a game point of view, they were in a great position to win...it's a popularity contest, after all. Zac seems to want to turn into Dean from last year's Bachelor in Paradise. Cheating on the nice girl cry is a great way to become the season's No. 1 villain.

• Love 4

Tattoo dude wins MVP this ep for calling out Caro's baby voice. Too bad he then fed into her "charm" delusion instead of being honest that every time she does that toddler act it makes guys softer than a stick of room temperature butter.

Disappointed in Zac...well, acting 21. How convenient that he's suddenly bug-eyed over the new girls and sheepish about his relationship status the day after making a grand ceremony out of giving Elizabeth the "title." 

Kyra sucks too. I dislike Cash's smugness, but the fact that Kyra seems to get off on making people want her only to dump them for the thrill and self-created drama of stringing them along...she has time waster written all over her.

Weston and Not Mallory - I feel bad for Katrina, but she's way too metropolitan and worldly for him. This new girl seems much more impressed by his country life, which he'll eat up. 

Yamen gets weirder every week. He and Caro are twin flames in the "hot people whose bizarre tryhard personalities ruin their sex appeal" department. He has the persona of an alcoholic 45-year-old who cheats on his wife with 19-year-old strippers.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
(edited)

That episode was bonkers. "What do you think the boys are doing right now?" Answer:

EAHyg8aXkAEy5wB.jpeg

I don't even know.

(Oh, that's strange, the quote attribution disappeared after I edited. Anyway, thanks to @Ms Blue Jay for the screen caps.)

The new women look so trashy. Marli is young and we haven't seen much of her personality yet, so I don't want to crack on her too much because she might turn out to be okay, but I will say that you can see her plumped-up lips from space. Aisatta is just strange-looking to me; her face has that immovable plastic look to it that older celebrity women get after having too much cosmetic surgery. And her nails! When she raised her hands to her mouth over the shocking revelation that Yamen is a *gasp* Virgo, her nails were all over-long and pointy, at least two of the nails were broken, and the polish was badly chipped off. Her hairline also looks like she's lost a lot of hair along her forehead, probably from the extensions pulling on her real hair. After meeting her though, Yamen certainly bounced back quickly from his broken heart. Wasn't all that sobbing just the night before?

Then there's Kelsey whose natural beauty is rivaled only by her natural personality. "You live in Dallas? That's AMAZING! You have 12 acres? That's UNHEARD OF! You had braces? SHOW ME THE BABY PICTURES!" Yes, that's right Kelsey, he had braces on his gums when he was a baby, you halfwit. Winston being so enthralled with her makes me think less of him.

Of the new guys, Ray is cute and seems normal but very young. Eric and George I can only tell apart because of Eric's tattoos and because the guinea pig sleeping on top his head has curlier hair than the guinea pig sleeping on George's head. They both look fairly douchey, but personality-wise, I can't tell yet. And Eric called out Caro's baby voice, so we'll always have that.

Narrator: "I can't imagine what our electricity bill is. Only half of those need to be on!"

Edited by fishcakes
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

That episode was bonkers. "What do you think the boys are doing right now?" Answer:

(The women leave the island for 30 seconds)

Men:

EAHyg8aXkAEy5wB.thumb.jpeg.1902e6bfb0d5f6930b73d63f17440f0b.jpeg

Also, Cash was full on having  a conversation with Yamen while he was showering.  Was Yamen naked?  And if so, wouldn't Cash be able to see everything?  These men are EXTREMELY comfortable with their sexuality.  Maybe some of them are bi?  Or maybe like I said they're just very comfortable.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Also, Cash was full on having  a conversation with Yamen while he was showering.  Was Yamen naked?  And if so, wouldn't Cash be able to see everything?  These men are EXTREMELY comfortable with their sexuality.  Maybe some of them are bi?  Or maybe like I said they're just very comfortable.

The showering seems like no big deal because of locker rooms and whatnot, but I'm still laughing trying to figure out the conversation that preceded the Bro Stack. Whose idea was it and how on earth did they get everyone to agree? You'd think at least one of them would say, "um, no. That sounds stupid."

Edited by fishcakes
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Also, Cash was full on having  a conversation with Yamen while he was showering.  Was Yamen naked? 

Man, I'd forgotten about that they were having a totally normal convo while he was showering. With the high frosted glass I imagined he had swimshorts on. Because if not? Yeah...

1 hour ago, fishcakes said:

I'm still laughing trying to figure out the conversation that preceded the Bro Stack.

Just the logistics of it all... "Okay I'll be on the bottom!!!" *looks askance*

5 minutes ago, JKLM said:

Time for a re-coupling and then they need to either bring more people on or -- more likely -- send someone home

They also need to bring in more beds!!

6 minutes ago, JKLM said:

Seemed like Zac may have been misunderstood a little bit.

I lean in this direction as well. I think too that it's possible he didn't want to profess being the only one in a "comitted" relationship as new babes came ashore and he choked. I don't think he meant he really wanted to ditch Liz if he got a chance. He really could have worded his convo with her about it better too. Asking if she told the guys they were "dating" just made him look like a bigger as when he got the answer! Low percentage play there trying to worm out of it if she got a case of lockjaw as well. He's going to need to put his blinders on now until this blows over. Zac, you bonehead.

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, JKLM said:

Seemed like Zac may have been misunderstood a little bit. All I heard him say was that he was willing to talk to other girls. No harm in just talking, is there? After all, if his gf were somehow to get voted off, if he hadn't built any bridges at all he'd be in a terrible position in the game.

Looking at the game right now, seems there are equal numbers of girls and boys. Time for a re-coupling and then they need to either bring more people on or -- more likely -- send someone home so that there's once again the tension of unequal numbers.

I think they speak in code. I’ve watched the UK version and they talk similarly. I think if you tell someone you’re open to talk to them that means you could see yourself dating/recoupling with them. I agree, it sounds innocent, but after watching a few full seasons of the Brits saying it, and freaking out over “talking” and “having conversations” I think producers coach them to use this verbiage to mean certain things. 

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, JKLM said:

Seemed like Zac may have been misunderstood a little bit. All I heard him say was that he was willing to talk to other girls. No harm in just talking, is there? After all, if his gf were somehow to get voted off, if he hadn't built any bridges at all he'd be in a terrible position in the game.

I had assumed Zac meant to be friendly too.  But now I realize, I have no idea what the dude meant.  I think he ended up tripping on his own words.  Of course Zac and Elizabeth will introduce themselves to the new people and be friendly.  It doesn't mean they're "breaking up".

Honestly, it would make NO sense for Zac to put together that Scavenger Hunt only to 2 hours later be ready to jump ship just because some new women show up.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5
51 minutes ago, JKLM said:

By the way, am I the only one who found the whole formality of "will you be my girlfriend" sort of silly. Do people really do things like that IRL?

Yes, but only before age 14.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

Dear Yamen,

You are not our boy, regardless of what you say. Please stop referring to yourself as such, effective immediately.

Thank you,

America

Edited by janeyjay
  • LOL 7
  • Love 9
(edited)

I'm not feeling the three new guys and if not for the tattoos on that one guy, I'd have difficulty telling him and the other guy apart.  I know the black guy's name is Ray, who looks and acts like he's 18 or 19.

The new blondes with the duck lips.  Ugh

Aissata looks fake fake fake with the hair and makeup.

Of all the women, I think I like Katrina the best.

Edit:  Unfortunately, Katrina's been on the show too long and now she's got the like like like like like disease.  Too bad.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Unfortunately, Katrina's been on the show too long and now she's got the like like like like like disease. 

I noticed that, too.   The new guy (name?) who was talking to Kyra seemed to be pleasantly articulate.   I wonder how long it will be before he too succumbs to "like" disease.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Suzysite said:

I noticed that, too.   The new guy (name?) who was talking to Kyra seemed to be pleasantly articulate.   I wonder how long it will be before he too succumbs to "like" disease.

I think that was the Canadian guy?

• Love 3
(edited)

"And on to George and Aissata on an intimate date *camera pans back so you can see all three "dates"* 3 ft away from everybody else..." Oh Announcer-man don't ever change! 

Whoa... Aissata is intense first she tells everyone she's celibate, then her lead on her "date" was that she wants to go to school to open a health center due to a trip to Guinea. Yow.

They showed (looks at his own cheat sheet pics) Marli and Kelsey in pics where Kelsey has her hair straightened not "beachy" and they could be the same person. You can only go by breast size...

Seeing George and Eric both with tops on to hide Eric's ink and they could also be the same person, visually.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Suzysite said:

The new guy (name?) who was talking to Kyra seemed to be pleasantly articulate.

That was Eric, with the tattoos and the "let's cut to the chase" attitude. He seems to be any "any ways it goes? My toes are still tappin'" kinda guy. I think you either "vibe with him" (as everyone is saying) or you don't and if you do, cool. If not he's "not wasting his own time" in moving on.

Edited by Wandering Snark
Inserted link
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Suzysite said:

Yes, he actually spoke like a normal person. And I liked his 'no nonsense' approach. He seems more mature (I think he said he was 28). I actually like him. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Wandering Snark said:

They showed (looks at his own cheat sheet pics) Marli and Kelsey in pics where Kelsey has her hair straightened not "beachy" and they could be the same person. You can only go by breast size...

Lol.  The scene of the two of them talking while putting on makeup looked like one person looking in a mirror.  If it wasn't that one had her hair up and the other down, I would have been super confused.

• Love 4
(edited)

Yamen.  Oh my god.  One of the weirdest most fascinating characters we've ever seen on reality TV, and Baby, we have truly seen it all.

Is he ok?  Oh dear.  I worry about "Your Boy"

I like Marli!  It's not her fault she's only 20, and basically a child, and shouldn't be on this show.  The poor thing.  I DO NOT like Kelsey!  Unfortunately, she's basically Weston's dream girl, so whatever, they deserve each other.  I just like Katrina so much.  She's so assertive, honest, straightforward, confident, and cool.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Also, Cash was full on having  a conversation with Yamen while he was showering.  Was Yamen naked?

Yamen had swim trunks on I could see the color through the frosted glass. 

Random thoughts: 

Caro has a scar on her chest. Vertical right down the center. I know that’s not how they put in fauxboobs but does anyone know what that might be? Open heart surgery? But at her age? 

Kelsey I just.... sigh. Everything about her seems/is fake except that she doesn’t realize she is. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Eric is a tad bit too intense for my liking and I don't see cornering Kyra as the way to make your entrance. 

The rest of the new people are boring. 

I really need less Caro; she can actually go home now? 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, JKLM said:

Yeah.

By the way, am I the only one who found the whole formality of "will you be my girlfriend" sort of silly. Do people really do things like that IRL? Wonder if the producers told Zac he should be doing that.

They did. The official boyfriend/girlfriend proposal is a big deal on the UK version, but it usually happens much further into the season than Zac's question popping did.

43 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Eric is a tad bit too intense for my liking and I don't see corning Kyra as the way to make your entrance. 

The rest of the new people are boring. 

I really need less Caro; she can actually go home now? 

Yeah, I liked Eric last night and for part of tonight, but he was a little too intense, though I get that his situation kind of requires that. He likely knew that the six newcomers weren't staying and needed to find a connection or make an impression quickly if he wanted to stay, so I can't fault him entirely.

Edited by colorbars
  • Love 4

While I think it was very important to add a lot more people (since the first group really wasn't doing much in terms of any romance), it now has lost me a bit, and I feel like I don't know who anyone is.  I kept wondering where certain people were last night, but I think they just weren't showing them on air.  

• Love 4

I'm a little confused because there are so many lookalikes. If I have it right, then both George and Eric wanted to take Kyra on a date, but neither one of them asked her, and I don't know which of them said what but the various reasons were because they'd rather get to know her in the villa and not on one of the high-pressure dates (LOL), not wanting to step on Cashel's toes, and because there might be food on the date and he eats like a savage and doesn't want it to turn her off? Is that right? That can't be right.

Kelsey is fake in both appearance and personality, but I blame Weston and guys like him more than I blame her. She agrees with everything he says and reacts with wide-eyed delight every time he scratches his ass, and to him that means she's "nurturing" and would be great to come home to. He doesn't want a real person to have a relationship with; he just wants a Maxim model who'll uncritically adore him. Let's see how gaga he is the minute she doesn't feel like putting on her eye makeup or thanking him for the thousandth time just for being him. He was pretty gone on Katrina too, until he realized she had her own thoughts and feelings about things.

My favorite part of the Olympic Belly-Flop event was that all the guys were wearing bathing caps.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, colorbars said:

They did. The official boyfriend/girlfriend proposal is a big deal on the UK version, but it usually happens much further into the season than Zac's question popping did.

Probably happens later on the UK version because it's longer.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/22/2019 at 9:47 PM, Wandering Snark said:

Weston's convo with new girl... dude lives on his own little 12 acre compound outside of Dallas with a 3 acre pond and three houses, one for him, one for his parents and a sister I think it was?? Wow.

I always thought Weston was the best of the lot, and I'm glad he seems to have found someone compatible.  He must've trusted Marli (or was that Kelsey?) enough to confide in her, but I sure hope the other girls don't hear about Weston's mo-nay until they're watching themselves on TV (after leaving the show)! 

I guess we'll see soon, whether Marli blabs about Weston to all the others, or keeps it to herself. Weston seems like a good guy and I'd hate to see him get stuck with some greedy fame-ho.

I just can't with Yamen anymore. He can't (like) speak in regular english, instead it comes out like this:

"New girls may make the OG girls feel like "oh, crap" like but umm I mean we'll see umm ain't nobody looking over my shoulder like "damn I wonder what Yamen's doin? I'm I'm I'm your boy's a free bird I'm a FREE BIRD (in a higher octave) *bird tweet noise* and ahh you know I'm a, you know, see what's going on with some other birds *bird noise again*"

He's  a player. 

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1