Type keyword(s) to search

S01: Week 3: July 22, 2019-July 26, 2019

• Start Topic

No surprise on Cashel/Katrina getting voted out. They're not a couple; therefore, they were the easiest choice to boot. I just find it ironic that Katrina gave a whole speech about Cashel deserving a chance to find love because apparently he never got the chance while booting Winston, the guy who's only been there a week, off the island for not connecting with people....only to have Cashel not get the chance to find this supposed love about two days after Winston gets kicked out. 

It's not that I don't understand Katrina's reasoning....but it was clearly a case of "We all like Cashel better than Winston, who isn't fitting in." So just admit that everyone liked Cashel better and it had nothing to do with wanting him to find love. 

Yamen's a douche in his confessionals and I'm not a fan of him much, but I did smirk at him calling Caro out for flirting with men. Yes, what Yamen did with Alana was shitty, but he simply wasn't interested and let her know that (the issue there was that he let her know a bit later than he should have). And Yamen was into Christen before she got kicked out. And then Aissata showed up and chose HIM so what else was he supposed to do?

Meanwhile, Miss Pink Eye flirted with every single man and tried to get into their pants once they showed a little bit of interest, and she gets away with it every time. I like Caro more than Yamen, but she's a total hypocrite. Plus, I don't even think Caro/Ray is a good couple. Caro and Ray don't seem like they actually are liking each other at all. Caro seems like she just wants to get to the end of the season, and Ray's too new for him to know any better. 

Meanwhile Kyra seems to be having doubts about the Eric/Cashel situation. Cashel was never getting over Kyra, which was always clear as day to me, but what was somewhat surprising? Kyra's reaction to Cashel leaving. She legit seemed devastated. Like, girl, you chose Eric and now are super duper sad about your man on the side getting kicked out for your choices. That reaction definitely felt like more than a best friend going away type of reaction. I like Kyra as well, but she clearly liked Cashel. 

Alexandra/Dylan have a little spat but it all works out. I actually love their relationship. Zac/Elizabeth ARE boring but they're probably golden to get to the end. Weston/Kelsey's date was so boring, I totally tuned them out and missed 100% of whatever they were talking about.

More new people next week. Isn't this season almost over? How many more new people are going to show up and who's going to be into the new people next? My bet is on Caro, for sure. We're at a stage where the couples seem to be into each other, so the shakeups should be interesting to watch....oh, who am I kidding? These people are all so bland. No drama really happens and they dance around things so much.

• Love 1

Unfortunately, I have a feeling that it's Caro's annoying ass and whoever her mate is who make it to the end.

Someone upthread commented that Yamen's head and neck were the same size, it's true, and I finally figured out what it is about him that annoys me.  It's the way he moves that head around on that big neck.  I think it would help if he grew his hair out on the sides and back to make his head look bigger, but I'm sure he thinks he looks cool. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

And who DIDN'T guess that the second Cashew left Kyra would instantly want  him back? That's the game she plays. Now she'll use this as an excuse to not  be with Eric and push him away now. I bet this cycle has been going on with her her whole adult life (and maybe younger!) just the two (or more) people involved change. She's so indecisive she even dated a woman right? Girl's a mess.

Yamen's weirdness surfaces again with his 'not saying nothing' approach to people trying to get him to talk about his situation... but man did he nail Kyra with that 'what if some guy with like lots of tattoos comes in and... oh yeah...' Woof.

Kyra is annoyingly indecisive and self-obsessed. I agree that her relationship habits are toxic and exhausting, but I fail to see how her being bisexual/dating a woman makes her indecisive. Not attacking you personally at all! Kyra sucks and seems like an ultra shitty girlfriend, but that's a tired bisexual stereotype. Anyone can be an attention-seeking, drama creating asshole regardless of sexuality. Plus, dating someone for 5 years is hardly just dipping your toes (or fingers...) in the lady pond out of boredom. But yeah, she's sad Cash (who became weirdly sexy to me by the end??? Please slap me) won't be around now to feed her ego every time she catches his forlorn puppy dog face while she flirts with Eric.

Twitter is going to be so mad Yamen was spared again, lol. They've been out for blood since he dumped Alana.

13 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Who keeps voting for Caro? Does she have a big social media following? I can’t believe she and Ray were top 4. 

That surprised me, since everyone on Twitter seemingly can't stand Caro and her baby voice. They hate her almost as much as Yamen.

RIP Katrina, you were too good for this show.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

No surprise on Cashel/Katrina getting voted out. They're not a couple; therefore, they were the easiest choice to boot. I just find it ironic that Katrina gave a whole speech about Cashel deserving a chance to find love because apparently he never got the chance while booting Winston, the guy who's only been there a week, off the island for not connecting with people....only to have Cashel not get the chance to find this supposed love about two days after Winston gets kicked out. 

It's not that I don't understand Katrina's reasoning....but it was clearly a case of "We all like Cashel better than Winston, who isn't fitting in." So just admit that everyone liked Cashel better and it had nothing to do with wanting him to find love. 

Yamen's a douche in his confessionals and I'm not a fan of him much, but I did smirk at him calling Caro out for flirting with men. Yes, what Yamen did with Alana was shitty, but he simply wasn't interested and let her know that (the issue there was that he let her know a bit later than he should have). And Yamen was into Christen before she got kicked out. And then Aissata showed up and chose HIM so what else was he supposed to do?

Meanwhile, Miss Pink Eye flirted with every single man and tried to get into their pants once they showed a little bit of interest, and she gets away with it every time. I like Caro more than Yamen, but she's a total hypocrite. Plus, I don't even think Caro/Ray is a good couple. Caro and Ray don't seem like they actually are liking each other at all. Caro seems like she just wants to get to the end of the season, and Ray's too new for him to know any better. 

Meanwhile Kyra seems to be having doubts about the Eric/Cashel situation. Cashel was never getting over Kyra, which was always clear as day to me, but what was somewhat surprising? Kyra's reaction to Cashel leaving. She legit seemed devastated. Like, girl, you chose Eric and now are super duper sad about your man on the side getting kicked out for your choices. That reaction definitely felt like more than a best friend going away type of reaction. I like Kyra as well, but she clearly liked Cashel. 

Alexandra/Dylan have a little spat but it all works out. I actually love their relationship. Zac/Elizabeth ARE boring but they're probably golden to get to the end. Weston/Kelsey's date was so boring, I totally tuned them out and missed 100% of whatever they were talking about.

More new people next week. Isn't this season almost over? How many more new people are going to show up and who's going to be into the new people next? My bet is on Caro, for sure. We're at a stage where the couples seem to be into each other, so the shakeups should be interesting to watch....oh, who am I kidding? These people are all so bland. No drama really happens and they dance around things so much.

If Katrina picked Winston they’d still be the couple booted off two days later because they were still just friends. And I don’t blame Katrina for her speech, they have to say something “profound” and meaningful. It can’t just be that they like somebody more. 

If you rewatch the episode (and, dear god, please don’t) you’ll hear Zac argue why the earth can’t be flat. He’s dumb, but I’m pretty sure he was just joking on this one. 

The abbreviated season is really screwing things up, IMO. C’mon CBS, either commit to doing the show or not. It feels like they just wanted to dip their toes in the water to see if this will work rather than just make the show every other country makes. It’s not like their other programming is out of this world. But doing a shortened season means voting people out before they really get an opportunity. The fun of this show is watching people connect, and then see them tested in their relationships. The closest we have to that was Kyra-Cashel-Eric, but Kyra and Cashel never really seemed that committed to each other. On the U.K. show (hate to keep comparing) there was a well established couple that had been together for weeks, then the guy recouped but the other girl stayed for weeks, then the new girl got booted out. These “relationships” take place in a matter of days. Nobody is really invested. Even if Zac and Elizabeth break up, would anyone be shocked?

Plus, it looks like they ditched Casa Amor this year, which is this best part of the show!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Plus, dating someone for 5 years is hardly just dipping your toes (or fingers...) in the lady pond out of boredom.

I'll say that the "Girl's a mess." part of my post shouldn't have followed up the bisexual part as they weren't connected really. I was saying in general she's a mess. And we can all see how she could draw out a relationship for five years no matter that person's sex.

I wasn't trying to be Yamen falling to the floor in faux-shock at her dating another woman. I guess I mean she obviously can't make a decision on who is good for her to the extent that she hasn't even crossed the opposite sex off her list of possibilities. It was aimed at her not at bisexual people in general.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Dammit!!!!!!  Katrina!!!!!!

I know. I couldn't even enjoy getting rid of Cashel because it meant losing Katrina too. She might have had a slightly better chance of staying if she'd picked Winston and they'd at least tried to be a couple, but she wasn't into him any more than she was Cashel, so probably she was doomed either way. I wish they had done it the way they did the last time the audience voted for couples and have the islanders pick one person from each couple to leave. Then we could have lost Cashel (yes!), and probably Eric (yay!) and Aisatta. Aisatta seems nice enough, but I don't care about her at all.

14 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

I like Weston less every time I see his face... he should have just told Zac "bros before hos" and been done with it because that was crass and tasteless.

Also, I just can't with the pumped up lips on Kelsey. Why do people think that looks good?

Weston needs to get into the ocean and stay there. Meanwhile, natural beauty Kelsey loses all her body makeup at the spa day. She started out an unnatural shade of orange-brown (and my god, why so shiny, why) and came back sort of sunburned white. You could see that she slathers that stuff all over because when the spa person was massaging her first leg, it was several shades lighter than the other leg. You know that spa woman was washing her hands and swearing for an hour after they left.

14 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

So I'd call that, at least, a 'strained' conversation about the whole 'other people' question with Dylan and Alex huh? Kids, if you think that was tough how are you two going to survive in the "real world"? It's not all kisses and cuddles.

Based on Dylan saying afterwards that he liked it better before when Alexandra would look at him all "lovey" and not with thoughts behind her eyes, or however it was that he put it, I would say he's been spending too much time with Weston. Yes, how dare these women have thoughts of their own. What's next? Pants? Voting?

12 hours ago, Whodunnit said:

Does Zac really think that the earth is flat? (I'm only asking because I had a college professor who actually believed that.)

I agree with @Stan39 that he was joking. Either that or he's confusing the earth with ... maps. It's Zac so I don't want to commit.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

You could see that she slathers that stuff all over because when the spa person was massaging her first leg, it was several shades lighter than the other leg. You know that spa woman was washing her hands and swearing for an hour after they left.

Great catch, this is the same as when you see someone cry on these shows and the tracks are three shades lighter than the rest of their face...

• LOL 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, fishcakes said:

Based on Dylan saying afterwards that he liked it better before when Alexandra would look at him all "lovey" and not with thoughts behind her eyes, or however it was that he put it, I would say he's been spending too much time with Weston. Yes, how dare these women have thoughts of their own. What's next? Pants? Voting?

He reminded me of these 

EAcgEgEXoAEs0u_.png

Blz3uZeIUAAyePk.jpg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 6

Weston needs to get into the ocean and stay there. Meanwhile, natural beauty Kelsey loses all her body makeup at the spa day. She started out an unnatural shade of orange-brown (and my god, why so shiny, why) and came back sort of sunburned white. You could see that she slathers that stuff all over because when the spa person was massaging her first leg, it was several shades lighter than the other leg. You know that spa woman was washing her hands and swearing for an hour after they left.

Weston can stay in the ocean to drown with a picture of Zac!  Seems like he'd be happier that way.

There was a woman on Real Housewives of New York this season who wore so much self tanner.  They went to a pristine, white Miami hotel and when she left her room there was spray.tan.EVERYWHERE

• LOL 4
18 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Props to Yamen for calling out both Caro and Kyra for ACTUALLY doing what they were accusing him of doing. 

Seriously. 

Caro: Why are you such a player? You’ve been with three women. 
Yemen: I liked Alana, but we didn’t have a romantic relationship so I got to know other women. And what about you, Caro? You, too, have had several relationships. 
Caro: But I had to, because my first connection didn’t work, so I got to know other guys. See? Totally different. 

Weston needs to get into the ocean and stay there. Meanwhile, natural beauty Kelsey loses all her body makeup at the spa day. She started out an unnatural shade of orange-brown (and my god, why so shiny, why) and came back sort of sunburned white.

I was laughing out loud just at the cut from Kelsey making up her face for her Big Date to Kelsey sans makeup with a mask slathered over her face. I didn’t even notice the body makeup!*

*So of course I had to rewind my DVR to see. 

Also, the more I think about Weston and his “12 acres,” the funnier I find it. Here in Minnesota, with relatively rich land, that’s a hobby farm. In Texas, that’s a driveway. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I did feel sorry for Kyra when she was crying alone in the bathroom. At first I was thinking she was playing it up for the cameras but then she called herself a "stupid bitch" and I felt so much sympathy for her. Armchair psychology, but I think she doesn't like herself very much and that's why she gets in bad relationships or can't stay in good ones. Not that I think Cashel was a good relationship, but there's something a little scary about Eric. I feel like Cashel would hurt her because he's dumb, but Eric would do it because it's fun for him.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Kris117 said:

Seriously. 

Caro: Why are you such a player? You’ve been with three women. 
Yemen: I liked Alana, but we didn’t have a romantic relationship so I got to know other women. And what about you, Caro? You, too, have had several relationships. 
Caro: But I had to, because my first connection didn’t work, so I got to know other guys. See? Totally different. 

I was laughing out loud just at the cut from Kelsey making up her face for her Big Date to Kelsey sans makeup with a mask slathered over her face. I didn’t even notice the body makeup!*

*So of course I had to rewind my DVR to see. 

Also, the more I think about Weston and his “12 acres,” the funnier I find it. Here in Minnesota, with relatively rich land, that’s a hobby farm. In Texas, that’s a driveway. 

Don’t be fooled, it can be a lot of land in Texas, too. Just depends where. (I think he said he’s from outside Dallas which is affordable but not cheap like middle-of-nowhere West Texas). My guess is that Weston comes from money and is playing up this “self made cowboy” act. For a “cowboy” he’s really clean cut with way too fashionable clothes. All of Weston’s clothes are designer versions of cowboy clothes, with zero dirt on them.

And I think I remember he listed “photographer” as his career when he entered the villa. I don’t care how hard you work, a 20-year-old photographer hasn’t made enough money to buy 12 acres of land and build three houses by himself. My guess (with zero research) is that his father owns a construction company, bought the land for his children, and Weston helped design and build his house.  

(But if somebody knows the real scoop please don’t blast me for being wrong). 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Great catch, this is the same as when you see someone cry on these shows and the tracks are three shades lighter than the rest of their face...

This always grosses me out for some reason lol. Use less foundation!!

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

CBS.com says 25. He's still lived most of those days twice, but it's not *quite* as egregious, lol. 

Ok, I'd still put him at 35, lol.

• Love 2

OK: (1) I can't believe I started watching a show like this. I really find reality shows with people behaving badly to each other to be appalling. (2) I can't believe I've gotten emotionally invested in this show (and been pleasantly surprised that these people aren't really nasty to their fellow contestants). (3) I can't believe I cried at the end of Friday's episode, when Cashel and Katrina had to leave.

I really liked Cashel. The girls were right -- there was something about him. I mean, he's cute (plus he had that curly hair), but his appeal was more than physical. 

In every group, there's almost always one person who's the glue. I think Cashel was this group's glue and was genuinely liked by everybody.

Katrina chose him to "couple up" with (I hate that phrase), because I think she wanted to protect him from going home. In fact, the whole group was protective of him, and they were seriously upset that he was sent packing.

His farewell gesture to Kyra was really touching. (I agree with @fishcakes upthread that he might have hurt her by doing something dumb, but Eric would hurt her because he would enjoy it.) So far, I've found Eric to be a huge douchebag. I don't think he's bonded with the guys, and that connection seems to be as important as any "love connection" on this show. It seems like they'd all be happy just hanging out with each other as opposed to playing the game. Does this usually happen in shows like this?

I really like seeing guys comfortable enough with each other to be affectionate to one another. (And I do think it is harder for men to show affection for each other these days because the default is "they must be gay.")

So I guess I'm in till the end. 

• Love 3

Welcome to our little corner SmithW6079. Many of us have come to like the show and the people on it kind of in spite of ourselves. There's a certain poster on another show thread that loves to say he might watch said program but makes himself feel better that at least he doesn't watch "'Insert Sexual Disease DuJour Here' Island". It's all I can do to keep from saying 'Well if you did watch it you'd probably, like me, find it much more enjoyable.' Yeah, I find myself wanting to stick up for the show. Ah well...

• Love 7

The guys on Bachelor in Paradise tend to be friendly with each other.  There are no gay vibes, they just seem to like to hang out together, like on this show.   

The gents on Love Island UK are very affectionate with one another and no one blinks an eye. In fact, one of my favorite pairs ever were part of a bromance (Kem and Chris, Love Island UK season 3.) They did some weird shit that I won't mention but it came across as genuine and hilarious.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, JKLM said:

Cannot buy the idea that Caro was drunk. The show enforces a two-drinks per day maximum.

That explains why there's about 10% (max) of the drama, sex, and general feistiness I expected from this show. Who knew??

15 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

There's a certain poster on another show thread that loves to say he might watch said program but makes himself feel better that at least he doesn't watch "'Insert Sexual Disease DuJour Here' Island". It's all I can do to keep from saying 'Well if you did watch it you'd probably, like me, find it much more enjoyable.' Yeah, I find myself wanting to stick up for the show. Ah well...

💖

• Love 4

I wonder if they have their own condoms. I'd have to assume that they have them available at least in the suite or on demand.

On the reboot of Paradise Hotel they had PHo brand condoms in all the rooms.

I know BB provides them as well due to the unfortunate Raven/Matt incidents. I won't burn that into anyone's brain that doesn't know said story already though. You're welcome.

• LOL 2

Not a Cash fan at all and glad Kyra dumped him.  He was all over the place initially in finding a girl and even entertained the idea of dumping Kyra for someone (anyone) else (before she dumped him).

Then when he realized he wouldn't have a love connection, he tried to win Kyra back.  I felt on Friday he was just trying to make her feel bad for dumping him (boost his ego) by giving her that "special necklace".   She needs to realize he would have dumped her ass if someone new came in.

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, JKLM said:

Kyra and Cashel have things in common.

• Both musicians. Kyra's group was on AGT.
  • They live just about 20 minutes apart in LA.
  • Both have been on Love Island.

Wouldn't be surprised if they continue dating in real life.

You left out:

•Both have very high opinions of themselves and

•Both crave attention. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if they hung out in public after this to try and stay in the spotlight. But I think they’ll both be shocked to discover the public doesn’t like them as much as they think we do. They probably view themselves as forlorn lovers or something 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, JKLM said:

• Both musicians. Kyra's group was on AGT.
  • They live just about 20 minutes apart in LA.
  • Both have been on Love Island.

I wouldn't be surprised if all these people lived no more than 20 minutes apart in LA, no matter where the show says they're from. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Shadow Wave said:
25 minutes ago, JKLM said:

Both musicians. Kyra's group was on AGT.

They live just about 20 minutes apart in LA.

Both have been on Love Island.

I wouldn't be surprised if all these people lived no more than 20 minutes apart in LA, no matter where the show says they're from. 

Or that they end up there after the show looking to "make it big".

• Love 2