Type keyword(s) to search

S01: Week 3: July 22, 2019-July 26, 2019

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Kris117 said:

Jackson, have you ever thought of entering an eating contest? Joey Chestnut, look out!

Part of me feels sorry for the guy, because he has to be dealing with big eating and body image issues. But then he speaks, and all that sympathy goes up in smoke. 

I would like to see BB require condoms to be used during all intercourse. If the guys can’t manage that, they’re out. 

I think you got your shows flipped, lol. But I agree on all points!! 

50 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

Or that was the plan.. heh.

Yeah, pretty sure flashing is a feature and not a bug. 

Looks like this is UO, but I *love* Eric, and think he and Kyra are great together. Kyra and I are a lot alike, personality-wise, and I melted like a generic m&m on a summer day when he made his pitch to her. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Here's tonight's (like) Like Literal Transcription:

Kyra to Eric about picking him not Cashew (because transcripting the various head movements and weird noises Yamen was making re: kissing can't be done by anyone on this planet)

"I honestly just want to like focus on, like, getting to know you and, like, moving forward and not trying to think of that. And at the end of the day, like, I feel like me recoupling with you is, like, probably like a showing of, like, that it's done."

4 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

take Weston with you.  I can't believe he left Katrina for that duck lipped, bleach blonde, greasy faced, probably fake boobed Kelsey. 

I agree with all of the above but I don't think there's a "probably" needed there.

• Love 7
(edited)
54 minutes ago, TroopinFairy said:

Katrina made a mistake by picking Cash over Winston. Cash can’t handle Kyra changing her mind and no matter what he says about finding a new connection he’s bitter about losing Kyra to Eric. 

Elizabeth and Zac you are boring.

Yamen you ARE a player.

I don't think Katrina wanted to couple up with either Cash or Winston and was 100% fine with it.  She kept the guy she felt the most sympathy for and was doing an altruistic thing.  She wasn't picking a guy she thought she had a chance with.

I watched the show too late to vote, and I'm sad.  I would have voted for Katrina and Cashel.  I like Katrina so much, and I like Cash more now that he's away from Kyra!  He's sleazy and weird, but now I'm rooting for him as a revenge thing.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

"I honestly just want to like focus on, like, getting to know you and, like, moving forward and not trying to think of that. And at the end of the day, like, I feel like me recoupling with you is, like, probably like a showing of, like, that it's done."

It's every other f***ing word.  She drives me up the wall.  And I know there's a section of people who will just eat it up, because look how popular Kim Kardashian is.  I honestly feel - honestly - that Kim K. helped ruin the modern English language.  That's how powerful she is.  I don't remember ANYONE talking like this before her.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

And not a very good one at that.  When he first came on the scene I thought he was attractive, but the more I see and hear of him, the less appealing he is to me.

He and Cashew can leave anytime. 

Oh, and take Weston with you.  I can't believe he left Katrina for that duck lipped, bleach blonde, greasy faced, probably fake boobed Kelsey. 

Omg, yes. Why was her face so greasy during the coupling up? She literally looked like she put oil on her face! And her boobs are 100% fake. 🤣

17 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

Here's tonight's (like) Like Literal Transcription:

Kyra to Eric about picking him not Cashew (because transcripting the various head movements and weird noises Yamen was making re: kissing can't be done by anyone on this planet)

I agree with all of the above but I don't think there's a "probably" needed there.

Lmaooo. I don't understand why Kyra speaks like that. It's weird too, because when she's talking alone to the camera she barely uses 'like' and sounds like a normal person. 

• Love 5

Poor Winston. I understand what Katrina was doing, but saying that he would never meet anybody on Love Island? He had to be thinking he just did meet someone, and you voted her off! 

I know it was mean tweets, not message board posts, but I was still hoping they'd nail Cashew with fishcakes' "oily douchelord" line. 

When Dylan was talking about his hair, I realized he'd had a haircut since the last show. I think some of the others had, also. Just one of the little production things going on behind the scenes, I guess. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, IndyMischa said:

I think you got your shows flipped, lol. But I agree on all points!! 

Oops! I should separate those threads in the browser. 😂

If I copy that post and stick it in the BB thread, please pretend to be surprised. 

But I agree, if Eric says his eating is ugly, I want to see it. 

I was certain the viewer quote saying that watching X and Y made them lose IQ points was going to be about Caro and Caro. But since she was out with illness, I suppose it would have been tacky to have comments about her behind her back. 

I don’t find the couples who are the most settled boring. If people are voting based on that, then couples on the show need to match up with someone but not too soon, lest they become boring. 

However, I agree with much of what was said about Kyra, although I disliked the ugliness. I’m a reserved person, but I wouldn’t go on a show like that. But she goes back and forth and only seems able to send guys into the Friend Zone. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Shadow Wave said:

When Dylan was talking about his hair, I realized he'd had a haircut since the last show. I think some of the others had, also. Just one of the little production things going on behind the scenes, I guess. 

I forgot there was a Dylan between yesterday and tonight’s show. 

I like Weston a lot less than I did. 

I agree with what Cashel said to Kyra about her message at the recouple-ing being confusing. However, he was a bitter dumbass to bring it up. I also thought Katrina’s message saying “this guy never had a chance to get to know one another” was about Winston, though, so what do I know? 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Shadow Wave said:

The thing that made some red lights go on for me was telling somebody he didn't want them to see him eating. Because he eats "like a savage." Well, one point for self-awareness, but why can't he control himself? He sees a plate of food and attacks it like an orangutan? 

He eats with his mouth open.  They showed a few seconds of him eating.  You'd think he could control that, especially if it's an issue with him.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Kyra keeps mentioning not having any time to talk, or things moving fast, or being busy. Excuses related to time. 

Am I missing something but they don’t really seem all that busy? In fact the opposite, with a lot of down time. 

Edited by Refresh
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Shadow Wave said:

Also, what was up with that catty little conversation where the boys were complaining they'd never see Zac again without Elizabeth? They sounded like jilted lovers. 

They totally sounded like the guys on 'date night' hanging out at the Gas 'n' Sip. Bitches, man!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Shadow Wave said:

Poor Winston. I understand what Katrina was doing, but saying that he would never meet anybody on Love Island? He had to be thinking he just did meet someone, and you voted her off! 

It does suck. All of the women were basically telling Katrina to choose Cashew because he'd find love while Winston wouldn't and that Cashew was so focused on Kyra that he deserved a chance to find some other girl and blahblahblah. Not that it's a surprise, because Winston got so little screen time (I'm guessing for not having a woman and because he's typically boring for reality TV standards) and was never shown bonding with anyone, but it's not like Cashew was some poor innocent sap of a man who never got a chance to find love and how he needed another chance. 

Nah, Cashew had his chance. He's been around for weeks. Winston only arrived last week. Winston obviously needed some more time to find his footing and Cashew is always going to be hung up over Kyra. I get, for this show's drama standards, Cashew needed to stay and Winston will have more luck IRL instead of on this fake reality show stuff. I don't think a girl like Alexandra (Winston's type) is likely to come into the villa in the next week or two weeks or whatever, so I get why he had to go. But Katrina's reasoning felt more like all of the girls saying that they liked Cashew over Winston. 

That being said, I'm not mad at Katrina for her choice. I see where she's coming from. I'm just not a fan of Cashew and think that he won't ever find love because he'll always be hung up over Kyra choosing Eric over him. 

Not that it matters because him and Katrina are likely to go tonight, if it is an elimination for the least compatible couple (as they aren't a couple). 

6 hours ago, JKLM said:
  • Will anyone be able to disrupt the seemingly solid couples?

This one interests me the most. I want to see more Alexandra/Dylan. I don't want them to break up, because I find them to be my favourite couple. I don't mind that they might be in a fight right now, because it would be weird if they didn't have a little spat. They just met a couple of weeks ago. It's actually refreshing to see them in an argument, and hopefully it's discussed with maturity.

I mean, we'll see how it goes. We don't get a lot of Alexandra/Dylan anyway, but at least this argument will be better than Zac/Elizabeth's kind of arguments that haven't gone anywhere. It'll show if Alexandra/Dylan are as solid as they seem.

I would not mind if Caro/Ray left. Caro irritates me not just because of her baby voice but her inability to not talk over people. She doesn't listen and bulldozes over people a lot.

• Love 5

Kyra there is a very old Musical called Carousel by Rogers and Hammerstein where there is a song that says..

Stonecutters cut it on stone
Woodpeckers peck it on wood
There's nothin' so bad for a woman
As a man who thinks he's good!

Be warned!

• LOL 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, JKLM said:

So if this show were a TV drama instead of a game, which story line is the most interesting one?

• What will happen with the Kyra-Eric-Cashel triangle?
  • Will Katrina find someone?
  • Something else?

I like the Katrina storyline.  It's harsh to see that she really connected with Weston and it seemed to be genuine, but then as soon as a beach blonde (with these big blue eyes that he keeps yammering on about) comes on the show, he drops Katrina.  Ouch.  I think a lot of women can relate to this scenario.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 8

In support of Snark and Ms Blue Jay with regard to the word "like"

here is a direct quote from Zak

Like I asked her like, like in terms of like falling like how deep are you and she basically said like if I was like putting it on like this like a little bit of falling towards the hole or like you fell into the hole, she said she is like fingertips hanging on about to like fall into the hole

I realize that I am only a New Zealander but is this normal use of "like" in the US?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Sparkiwi said:

I realize that I am only a New Zealander but is this normal use of "like" in the US?

I've never heard anyone talk this way in real life... but admittedly I'm not around many 20-somethings these days.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, Sparkiwi said:

realize that I am only a New Zealander but is this normal use of "like" in the US?

It’s a lot but I don’t think it’s that unusual among younger folks unfortunately.

I had an issue with using like too much when I was in high school. 20+ years ago.  I was hardly the worst among my friends though.

I only really noticed because my mom told me, and suggested maybe I try not saying it so much. OMG mom! Yeah that didn’t go over well but I eventually worked on being more deliberate and thoughtful when I talked which got rid of it. But “like” wasn’t as widespread in college which was in a different part of the country. It stood out so there was motivation to change. That’s my like, journey of like.

There’s something to the idea of it being contagious. I think if people spend a lot of time together they’ll unconsciously mimic speech. Kyras use of it isn’t as bad when she’s alone. Alexandra is maybe the worst offender.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Sparkiwi said:

If you can believe it, there was recently a Project Runway contestant who was even worse than the Love Islanders with how often she said like.  It was really frightening, like a malfunctioning robot.   I looked up her age and she's 32, which is crazy to me.  She is from Utah.  I don't know any 30 year olds who speak like this.  Maybe CLOSE to it but not as bad.  I have some friends who are around 27 and they use like once in awhile but not as bad as the people on this show.  I think it's partly generational and partly where they live, who lives around them and speaks like that.  I'm in Toronto, Canada though.

• Love 2
(edited)

The recoupling was less drama-laden than I would have thought, except for the part where Katrina chose Cashel and I screamed in anguish. It's pure nonsense that Winston had a chance to get to know everyone and Cashel didn't because he was so devoted to Kyra. Cashel's been in two couplings and was interested in Christen, who wasn't interested in him. If she had been, he would have dumped Kyra in a hot second. Winston, OTOH, was there with a bunch of established couples until Marli arrived. He got penalized last night for not trying to break anyone up, basically.

11 hours ago, Shadow Wave said:

Also, what was up with that catty little conversation where the boys were complaining they'd never see Zac again without Elizabeth? They sounded like jilted lovers. 

And Weston, who I now despise, saying all Zac and Elizabeth did was brown-nose each other. Someone needs to hand him a transcript of one of his and Kelsey's insipid conversations, so he'll know what brown-nosing really is.

I loved that twitter game, but why was Ray hosting it? Dang, Arielle has the easiest job in television. The hilarity of "12 acres/golddigger" was only improved with Kelsey the simpleton going on about how 12 acres is, "like, the entire state of Delaware." Her utter lack of knowledge about units of measure should help Weston, though, when he says, "oh, that's totally six inches."

Speaking of that, as I recall, Weston said, "we have 12 acres," and that his parents and sister lived there too, so I'm assuming this is his parents' property.

Do the couples know that there's a camera over the bed in the hideaway? Because there was a quick shot of Zac and Elizabeth that looked a lot more intense than just the normal makeout in the group bedroom. I assume they signed waivers that everything could be filmed, but still, that seems pretty shady.

Edited by fishcakes
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

The recoupling was less drama-laden than I would have thought, except for the part where Katrina chose Cashel and I screamed in anguish. It's pure nonsense that Winston had a chance to get to know everyone and Cashel didn't because he was so devoted to Kyra, though. Cashel's been in two couplings and was interested in Christen, who wasn't interested in him. If she had been, he would have dumped Kyra in a hot second. Winston, OTOH, was there with a bunch of established couples until Marli arrived. He got penalized last night for not trying to break anyone up, basically.

This. So much this. As happy as I was when Kyra picked Eric, I was pissed at Katrina for not choosing Winston.

I loved that twitter game, but why was Ray hosting it? Dang, Arielle has the easiest job in television. The hilarity of "12 acres/golddigger" was only improved with Kelsey the simpleton going on about how 12 acres is, "like, the entire state of Delaware." Her utter lack of knowledge about units of measure should help Weston, though, when he says, "oh, that's totally six inches."

In her defense, that's a standard defense mechanism of those from DelaWHERE? [Source: I'm a graduate of U of D, in her hometown of Newark.] She may very well actually be dumber than a single rock rolling around in a large box, but I cut her slack on the acreage thing.

Do the couples know that there's a camera over the bed in the hideaway? Because there was a quick shot of Zac and Elizabeth that looked a lot more intense than just the normal makeout in the group bedroom. I assume they signed waivers that everything could be filmed, but still, that seems pretty shady.

People on Big Brother are WELL aware that there are umpty bazillion cameras in the house, including in the toilet closet, and that feeds of said cameras are broadcast 24/7 (ish). Yet every. flipping. season. we get some genius who thinks they can do whatever sexytime thing they want, because that would "never" be filmed, let alone broadcast. So....

• Useful 2
21 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

This. So much this. As happy as I was when Kyra picked Eric, I was pissed at Katrina for not choosing Winston.

After thinking about this, I smell producer hijinks here. Keeping Cash is obviously better for the DRAMA than mild-mannered Winston.

PS: I hate that I think about this show when it's not actually on.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, janeyjay said:

After thinking about this, I smell producer hijinks here. Keeping Cash is obviously better for the DRAMA than mild-mannered Winston.
PS: I hate that I think about this show when it's not actually on.

I'm sure you're right, but it still sucks!

• Love 2

I loved the twitter game.  I wish they had actually shown more negative comments.  It gets the house talking and worrying.  I think Zac and Elizabeth were really upset to hear the public thinks they are boring and not cute.  They know the public votes for the winner.  Now they will be trying hard to entertain so they can win.  I think they thought they had it wrapped up since they are the only original couple.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Sparkiwi said:

No.

2 hours ago, Refresh said:

I had an issue with using like too much when I was in high school. 20+ years ago.  I was hardly the worst among my friends though.

I only really noticed because my mom told me, and suggested maybe I try not saying it so much. OMG mom! Yeah that didn’t go over well but I eventually worked on being more deliberate and thoughtful when I talked which got rid of it. But “like” wasn’t as widespread in college which was in a different part of the country. It stood out so there was motivation to change. That’s my like, journey of like.

THIS.  My mom is a retired English teacher.  She hated my (& my sisters') tween and teen years.  My mom: "What was it "like"?  She said xyz, not 'she was like' xyz."  It was a concentrated effort for all of us to change.

I'm okay with Cashel staying in only because IDC about BB rejects.  And Winston didn't seem to try to make many connections, so for entertainment value...Cashew's the best choice.  Plus, if Katrina can make it past the next vote, maybe a new boy will be right up her alley.

Caro is doing too much as always...which makes me think I'll see her on The Challenge or Ex on the Beach before next summer.  Ray seems to be willing to put up with it at least long enough to (maybe) win some money.

• Love 2

A little sneak peek from the Love Island app:  

Spoiler

The three couples up for  elimination are  Cashel and Katrina, Kyra and Eric, and Yamen and Aissata.  The safe couples have to decide which of the three are eliminated.  Clips are setting things up to look like Yamen is finally going to suffer the consequences of dumping Alana...but clips can be deceiving.  

• Love 1
(edited)

I think that Ray was hosting that comp because Caro was sick (read: hungover...) and so none of the quotes would be about them... and also it's not like this show has a host or anything.

This show really blew it with not getting a cell phone or carrier sponsor! "Hey guys I just got a text on my __insert phone brand here__ was a truly missed opportunity, since their cell phones do more 'hosting' and moving the show along than their "host" who is too good to show for silly competitions or even some evictions.

Back to Caro, as I mentioned she wasn't "sick" she was hungover. She clearly had drank too much. She described it as "I felt really sick and then I threw up (like) one time and felt better." Oh it must have been that 15 minute flu everyone talks about in Fiji...

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 5

Wow, what a waste of the social media challenge. That’s usually the highlight of the U.K. version, as contestants finally hear about the shady stuff we see them doing. But... nothing about Cashel’s douchiness? Or How annoying Caro is? They went to town on Yamen and Kyra but everybody else got treated with kid gloves. The gold digger comment was good, but that was a private conversation so I’m not sure how the other contestants were supposed to get that. 

I’m off the Kyra bandwagon and on the Katrina one (if there’s still room). I (wrongly) assumed she was conflicted about Cashel because she’s in a bubble with only so many options, but it’s clear she just likes shitty men. I don’t even mean players, she just goes for poor representations of the male gender. Cashel and Eric aren’t really bold or charming or confident, they’re just creepy AF. After the recoupling Kelsey looked like she was just trying to get away from Cashel as he had her pinned in the corner talking while swaying over her like a drunk stoner. 

I guess Dylan and Aleks are the new front runners. They seem chill and normal, just hope they don’t overblow Dylan’s comments and he doesn’t f things up. Of all the couples, I actually see them hanging out in the real world. 

I’m sorry, but I think Zac and Elizabeth only work on this show. They’re both pretty, but that’s still about all there is to them. I don’t see Zac being smart enough or mature enough to handle a real relationship, and I think Elizabeth just has blinders on and is swept up in the moment. Which is fine. Enjoy it while it lasts. 

Not a huge fan of Weston and Kelsey, but I do think they’re a better match. Ultimately I don’t think Katrina would have been happy staying with Westin. Hopefully somebody with their shit together comes in for her. 

I’m guessing Katrina’s decision was also pushed by production. Winston isn’t good TV, but now they can milk the Cashel-Kyra-Eric douchebag triangle for awhile. 

I’m hoping that Caro settles down now that she’s with Ray. He seems like a good guy, and hopefully she realizes that she’s not every man’s dream girl, so maybe she should focus her attention on one man like she expects in return. And hopefully her “charming” baby voice goes away. My guess is that it’s actually a defense mechanism when she’s insecure. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Phebemarie said:

Hide contents

The three couples up for  elimination are  Cashel and Katrina, Kyra and Eric, and Yamen and Aissata.  The safe couples have to decide which of the three are eliminated.  Clips are setting things up to look like Yamen is finally going to suffer the consequences of dumping Alana...but clips can be deceiving.  

Spoiler

I will blow a flipping gasket if Kyra and Eric go. That is all.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

’m hoping that Caro settles down now that she’s with Ray. He seems like a good guy, and hopefully she realizes that she’s not every man’s dream girl, so maybe she should focus her attention on one man like she expects in return. And hopefully her “charming” baby voice goes away. My guess is that it’s actually a defense mechanism when she’s insecure. 

I agree. It's definitely a defense mechanism and we have seen glimpses of her insecurities on the show. Oddly enough, even though I find her baby voice super annoying, Caro honestly seems like a nice, sweet person to me. She's like that one friend that everyone has that's super nice, fun to hang out with, but continually makes bad decisions - whether it be with men, life in general, etc - and even though they bring it on themselves you find yourself feeling bad for them. I don't know. She's annoying but I definitely think she's the most entertaining of the girls. She makes me laugh with her outrageousness. 

Edited by CarbonCopy
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, JKLM said:

So if this show were a TV drama instead of a game, which story line is the most interesting one?

• What will happen with the Kyra-Eric-Cashel triangle?
  • Will Katrina find someone?
  • Something else?

Is Weston as big of a jerk as he showed himself to be yesterday? Is Eric a player, or someone actually interested in romance?

6 hours ago, Sparkiwi said:

No. Most people grow out of it by college. I thought it had died out, but apparently not. I blame Netflix for hosting too many 80s and 90s teen flicks. 

It is a hard habit to drop. I’ve used it ironically in a post to mock the islanders, and then found myself using it more in conversation. It is marginally less annoying than “um,” I suppose. 

1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

Wow, what a waste of the social media challenge. That’s usually the highlight of the U.K. version, as contestants finally hear about the shady stuff we see them doing. But... nothing about Cashel’s douchiness? Or How annoying Caro is? They went to town on Yamen and Kyra but everybody else got treated with kid gloves. The gold digger comment was good, but that was a private conversation so I’m not sure how the other contestants were supposed to get that. 

True. I could have watched much more of that. I agree with your mentions of what they missed, but I’m guessing they didn’t use any quotes about Caro because she wasn’t there. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Shadow Wave said:

Is it possible that botox and fillers are also offered along with haircuts?  Some of the women have had some fairly obvious lip plumping.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, Phebemarie said:

Is it possible that botox and fillers are also offered along with haircuts?  Some of the women have had some fairly obvious lip plumping.  

I hadn’t thought of that, but that sounds like a distinct possibility. I should be shocked at that idea, but I’m not. 

5 hours ago, Phebemarie said:

Hide contents

One vote per safe couple or can the safe islanders vote individually?

Props to Yamen for calling out both Caro and Kyra for ACTUALLY doing what they were accusing him of doing. 

Who keeps voting for Caro? Does she have a big social media following? I can’t believe she and Ray were top 4. 

• Love 5

I'm not surprised that Katrina and Cashew got booted because I thought Katrina fucked up last episode.  It wasn't so much that she chose Cashew, but her speech about the one who didn't have a chance to make a connection sounded like she was choosing Winston, because Cashew certainly had chances since he's been there longer than Winston.  I think Winston and everyone else were surprised and not in a good way, and maybe the other couples thought Winston got kind of a raw deal even if they liked Cashew.  If that makes sense.  I've thought about this too much. 😃

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I'm not surprised that Katrina and Cashew got booted because I thought Katrina fucked up last episode.  It wasn't so much that she chose Cashew, but her speech about the one who didn't have a chance to make a connection sounded like she was choosing Winston, because Cashew certainly had chances since he's been there longer than Winston.  I think Winston and everyone else were surprised and not in a good way, and maybe the other couples thought Winston got kind of a raw deal even if they liked Cashew.  If that makes sense.  I've thought about this too much. 😃

I think Katrina was screwed no matter what. She and Cashel were the only friends couple and I think they wanted to give the other couples at least a chance. Katrina will be fine, though. She’s the only one on this show that probably improved her standing from this show. I’m sure she’ll do fine on the outside. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I thought that was funny when Caro confronted Yamen about being a player but, then shut her ass up when Yamen mentions her doing some of the same things. There has to be some way to get her and him dumped from the island.

I liked Katrina so, it’s sad to see her go. Cash wasn’t going to make any more connections while Kyra was still on the island. Katrina saved him as a friend to try to help him but it wasn’t going to happen. 

Yamen, You are still not our “Your Boy.”

Edited by TroopinFairy
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Katrina will be fine, though. She’s the only one on this show that probably improved her standing from this show. I’m sure she’ll do fine on the outside. 

Oh, I'm sure she's not the only one who will do fine once they get booted.  

• Love 1

Yeah that was a bad game of "one of these thing sis not like the other" for Katrina and Cashew... when picking from those three "couples" they were the easy choice.

I liked how everyone is hugging and crying and such and then there's the shot of Eric about two feet from everyone just standing there, nowhere near the huddle.

And who DIDN'T guess that the second Cashew left Kyra would instantly want  him back? That's the game she plays. Now she'll use this as an excuse to not  be with Eric and push him away now. I bet this cycle has been going on with her her whole adult life (and maybe younger!) just the two (or more) people involved change. She's so indecisive she even dated a woman right? Girl's a mess.

I like Weston less every time I see his face... he should have just told Zac "bros before hos" and been done with it because that was crass and tasteless.

Also, I just can't with the pumped up lips on Kelsey. Why do people think that looks good?

So I'd call that, at least, a 'strained' conversation about the whole 'other people' question with Dylan and Alex huh? Kids, if you think that was tough how are you two going to survive in the "real world"? It's not all kisses and cuddles.

Yamen's weirdness surfaces again with his 'not saying nothing' approach to people trying to get him to talk about his situation... but man did he nail Kyra with that 'what if some guy with like lots of tattoos comes in and... oh yeah...' Woof.

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

Yeah that was a bad game of "one of these thing sis not like the other" for Katrina and Cashew... when picking from those three "couples" they were the easy choice.

I liked how everyone is hugging and crying and such and then there's the shot of Eric about two feet from everyone just standing there, nowhere near the huddle.

And who DIDN'T guess that the second Cashew left Kyra would instantly want  him back? That's the game she plays. Now she'll use this as an excuse to not  be with Eric and push him away now. I bet this cycle has been going on with her her whole adult life (and maybe younger!) just the two (or more) people involved change. She's so indecisive she even dated a woman right? Girl's a mess.

I like Weston less every time I see his face... he should have just told Zac "bros before hos" and been done with it because that was crass and tasteless.

Also, I just can't with the pumped up lips on Kelsey. Why do people think that looks good?

So I'd call that, at least, a 'strained' conversation about the whole 'other people' question with Dylan and Alex huh? Kids, if you think that was tough how are you two going to survive in the "real world"? It's not all kisses and cuddles.

Yamen's weirdness surfaces again with his 'not saying nothing' approach to people trying to get him to talk about his situation... but man did he nail Kyra with that 'what if some guy with like lots of tattoos comes in and... oh yeah...' Woof.

Yamen is weird, but he was right not to take the girls’ bait in that situation. He really liked Kristen, HE didn’t vote her off, but the cast voted her off so now he has to make the best of a bad situation. I’m pretty sure if ANY of these girls lost the guy they’re coupled up with they’d want to stay in the Villa and at least try to connect with a new guy. Yamen is weird but he’s not really a player. 

On a separate note, I’m pretty sure five minutes alone with Zac is enough to convince him to do anything. The guys talk to him for five minutes and decides, “Yeah, I should hang out more with the guys. Elizabeth won’t mind.” And if the girls told him to ignore the boys he’d probably see their point and do that. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Kyra is one of those women who has to date a few "bad boys" to appreciate a quality man when he steps in front of her. Cashel is one of them.

To quote Downton Abbey "Good men aren't like buses. There won't be another one along in ten minutes' time"

• Love 9
(edited)

By the way, all you have to do to prove that the earth is round is to look out of the window when onboard the 747 (or 777 or whatever) that flies from Fiji to the US.

747s fly at about 40,000 feet and the horizon visibly curves at 35,000 ft. I've seen it.

Edited by Whodunnit
  • Love 5

Or fly or drive across the Great Plains, where straight road grids were laid out, but a perfectly straight roads take a curve or a zigzag to align with the curvature of the earth. 

https://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/gerco-de-ruijter-grid-corrections-highways-driving-wichita

Of course, the flat earth people don’t take geography as proof. I hope Zac was kidding. 

I was wondering about the prize for this show. The winning couple gets $100,000 to split. The UK version apparently has an extra play where one half of the couple can steal the full prize, leaving their partner with zilch. Besides the free vacation in Fiji, islanders get a daily stipend. 

How much do you think Arielle is paid for putting in ten minutes of work each week? If she is paid more than the announcer, I call shenanigans. 

Congratulations, Off-Islanders! We are more than halfway through, having survived three weeks of Love Island. 🍹🎉🍹

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I was certain her speech was leading to sending Cashew home and keeping Winston, too. I’m sad to see her go, but I think she has a much better chance of finding a real romantic partner than Kyra, for example. But it makes sense that the couples would use that speech as a reason to send her home. 

• Love 1