Type keyword(s) to search

Movie remakes and sequels you'd like to see

• Start Topic

I'm watching Inside Out right now and I can't help but think that this movie would actually make a good live action remake.  (It's actually never been my favorite)  The only think is the voice acting of the emotions is so good I don't know how you recast them.

• Love 2

I know via it's 1981 release that it's almost 40 years old and virtually the entire cast has either gotten old/er or died, but I wish someone would remake Time Bandits- but this time let the  kid stay behind in Mycenaean Greece only to find out that it's by no means as glamorous as he thought it was in the books! Maybe have it that he grows up helping to  become eventually Agamemnon's heir and    about to take the throne as an adult but then goes BACK to 1980's UK as a child with that experience under his belt and  the movie ending with the viewers wondering how he'll re-adjust to contemporary UK as a child having grown up in the ancient world being raised by a legendary king ( not unlike how the Narnia Chronicles had the siblings grow up in Narnia THEN return as children to the 1940's UK). . 

• Love 3

I really want either another sequel or (oddly, preferably) a mixed CGI/Live Action remake of The Rescuers.

Steve Carrell as Bernard and Marion Cotillard as Miss Bianca.  Disney, you can have that one for free.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, starri said:

I really want either another sequel or (oddly, preferably) a mixed CGI/Live Action remake of The Rescuers.

Steve Carrell as Bernard and Marion Cotillard as Miss Bianca.  Disney, you can have that one for free.

...okay, I would totally watch this. 

• Love 4

I was reminded of this topic when I saw the news that a sequel to District 9 is in the works. I'm skeptical about it actually happening but would definitely be interested in seeing it.

I know they've gotten mixed responses, but I'd love to see more Star Trek movies with the current cast. I also hope we get the third Happy Death Day movie that Christopher Landon said he has planned out.

And since it just showed up on Hulu, I'm still upset that we'll never get more Dredd movies with Karl Urban and Olivia Thirlby.

Edited by krankydoodle
3 hours ago, krankydoodle said:

And since it just showed up on Hulu, I'm still upset that we'll never get more Dredd movies with Karl Urban and Olivia Thirlby.

It's such a good movie, and Urban makes a great Dredd. The fact it was shot for $45million meant that they had to really restrict the setting and the amount of CGI used. But with a bigger budget and a bit more ambition, a sequel could have given us a version of Mega City One that felt real and visceral.

Or they could have done the Cursed Earth storyline, and just filmed in a wasteland somewhere.

• Love 2

Since I've been watching a lot of Emergency! reruns lately, I couldn't help but think of this:

A big screen remake of the show but setting it in the early 70s when paramedics were a brand new thing.  Have the set up with Randolph Mantooth and Kevin Tighe as Johnny Gage and Roy Desoto in the present being honored for their part in being one of the original paramedics in LA County [in universe] and perhaps  a documentary is made on the anniversary of that achievement.  Then we get two younger actors (unknowns are OK) to portray them in their younger years and like the original show, have actual emergencies depicted onscreen (the show used actual logs so every call you saw actually happened!) and using the tools and methods available at the time to deal with them.  Perhaps they'd be able to better define Johnny Gage's and Roy De Soto's off shift personalities (Gage was often written to be a bit of a flirt at first but as the show wore on he seemed to be written as more of a goof with lofty ideas).   Then in universe we go back to the present and see what became of the characters (we know Roy was happily married with two kids while Johnny happily single).  When possible perhaps bring in as many former cast members who are able to put in a brief appearance.

Plus we'd have a rocking soundtrack considering the era and LA life at the time.

(edited)

While you were sleeping.  Jack and Lucy’s daughter  being her quirky self.  Finding her voice in a big family. 

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 8/23/2019 at 10:10 PM, Danny Franks said:

And Kate Beckinsale as Mrs. Robinson.

Oh, honey, this is Hollywood. Mrs. Robinson would be played by Gal Gadot or another woman in her mid/late 30's just like the original.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I was watching Daddy Daycare with my kids on Netflix (they love that movie) and it got me thinking about Eddie Murphy's career and I realized how surprising it is that they haven't tried to remake Beverly Hills Cop. With how many differences there are between California and the rest of the US (perceived or real), it seems like it would work. Plus the original came out around the same time as Back to the Future and Ghostbusters and made more than either even though it had an R rating. So it seems weird it doesn't have the same place in pop culture as either of those.

I looked it up and Murphy is working on another sequel to the original with Netflix, but it seems like a reboot with a popular young comic (I have no idea who), would work way better.

• Love 1
On 10/25/2019 at 3:08 PM, krankydoodle said:

And I know he's busy with the John Wick movies and the Matrix revival, but I'd like to see Keanu Reeves do another Constantine movie. It had its flaws, but I enjoyed it and would love to see Peter Stormare and Tilda Swinton in those roles again. It probably helps that I don't know much about the source material so wasn't bothered by any liberties the movie took.

It's happening! 🙌

Warner Bros Sets ‘Constantine’ Sequel; Keanu Reeves & Francis Lawrence To Reunite, Akiva Goldsman Scripting & Producing With Bad Robot’s JJ Abrams & Hannah Minghella

Now where's the Spy sequel?

• Love 2

I've been thinking lately I'd like to see a remake of the Parent Trap but of POC. Really the family could be any color or faith. Identical twins meet at camp for the first time, switching places and try to get their parents back together. Although I'd like a scene where one or both girls tell their parents' how terrible they did that to them.

• Love 2
On 11/8/2022 at 1:42 AM, andromeda331 said:

I've been thinking lately I'd like to see a remake of the Parent Trap but of POC. 

You basically have that with Sister Sister. In all honesty I don't think the concept works- it was barely understandable in the '98 remake that two 1980's/90's parents would do that to their kids in a world where divorce was very common. I would tweak it so that the girls are aware of each other and kept up through Skype but camp was going to be the first time they spent an expansive amount of time together. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

You basically have that with Sister Sister. In all honesty I don't think the concept works- it was barely understandable in the '98 remake that two 1980's/90's parents would do that to their kids in a world where divorce was very common. I would tweak it so that the girls are aware of each other and kept up through Skype but camp was going to be the first time they spent an expansive amount of time together. 

In these days of social media, an emphasis on equal custody time as well  as 23andMe, separating twins/siblings just wouldn't work.

It might be possible if presented an accident during a fertility procedure, like mixing up embryos or something. Be pretty hard to prsent that as a comedy though.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

It might be possible if presented an accident during a fertility procedure, like mixing up embryos or something. Be pretty hard to present that as a comedy though.

I pretty much think these are the reasons why Disney hasn't broached doing another iteration of the Parent Trap yet Freaky Friday has had like 4 different movies. (The 1976 movie, the 1995 Wonderful World of Disney movie, the 2003 movie, and a 2018 Disney Channel musical.) 

• Love 1
On 11/19/2022 at 4:20 PM, methodwriter85 said:

I love Sister, Sister! I didn't think of it that way since both girls were adopted. It's very similar.

• Love 3