Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Joe Hellandback

Movie remakes and sequels you'd like to see

I'm watching Inside Out right now and I can't help but think that this movie would actually make a good live action remake.  (It's actually never been my favorite)  The only think is the voice acting of the emotions is so good I don't know how you recast them.

• Like 1

I know via it's 1981 release that it's almost 40 years old and virtually the entire cast has either gotten old/er or died, but I wish someone would remake Time Bandits- but this time let the  kid stay behind in Mycenaean Greece only to find out that it's by no means as glamorous as he thought it was in the books! Maybe have it that he grows up helping to  become eventually Agamemnon's heir and    about to take the throne as an adult but then goes BACK to 1980's UK as a child with that experience under his belt and  the movie ending with the viewers wondering how he'll re-adjust to contemporary UK as a child having grown up in the ancient world being raised by a legendary king ( not unlike how the Narnia Chronicles had the siblings grow up in Narnia THEN return as children to the 1940's UK). . 

• Like 2

I really want either another sequel or (oddly, preferably) a mixed CGI/Live Action remake of The Rescuers.

Steve Carrell as Bernard and Marion Cotillard as Miss Bianca.  Disney, you can have that one for free.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 1

3 hours ago, starri said:

I really want either another sequel or (oddly, preferably) a mixed CGI/Live Action remake of The Rescuers.

Steve Carrell as Bernard and Marion Cotillard as Miss Bianca.  Disney, you can have that one for free.

...okay, I would totally watch this. 

• Like 3

I was reminded of this topic when I saw the news that a sequel to District 9 is in the works. I'm skeptical about it actually happening but would definitely be interested in seeing it.

I know they've gotten mixed responses, but I'd love to see more Star Trek movies with the current cast. I also hope we get the third Happy Death Day movie that Christopher Landon said he has planned out.

And since it just showed up on Hulu, I'm still upset that we'll never get more Dredd movies with Karl Urban and Olivia Thirlby.

Edited by krankydoodle

3 hours ago, krankydoodle said:

And since it just showed up on Hulu, I'm still upset that we'll never get more Dredd movies with Karl Urban and Olivia Thirlby.

It's such a good movie, and Urban makes a great Dredd. The fact it was shot for $45million meant that they had to really restrict the setting and the amount of CGI used. But with a bigger budget and a bit more ambition, a sequel could have given us a version of Mega City One that felt real and visceral.

Or they could have done the Cursed Earth storyline, and just filmed in a wasteland somewhere.

• Like 2