Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: Judgement Day/S04.E14: Tell All

• Start Topic

My thoughts:

1.       Judgement Day: Everything was told in one line from Debbie in her conversation with the lawyer: We ….. I mean HE wants to be rid of her.

2.       Andrei should just shut up.  I can’t believe he stood up for Colt. Well, yeah I can

3.       Chantel and Pedro – if you want it work, cut your families out! Both families.

4.       I felt bad for Pedro. When Family Chantel showed up, he looked like he was going to cry.

5.       Nicole (and Azan), you cannot go on tv and get paid for showing your life and when asked a simple question: “Why was the trip to Morocco cancelled?” say “it’s private”. Damn it TLC, withhold their $$!

6.       Colt. A good indication that you are hated and in the wrong is when the other yahoo’s in the panel also look down at you and Andrei is the only dude on your side.  I mean even Trashley didn’t want to sit beside you.

7.       Nickle and Coltee and biggie a little bit more.

8.       Mother Chantel is sooooooooooooo freaking stupid.  Newton discovered gravity.  Einstein discovered the Theory of Relativity. But Chantel tried to shut her up before she even started on her bull crap.  Mother Chantel didn’t get the hint.  That’s Nicole level stupid.

9.       The tell all – told NOTHING.

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, mayvenne said:

Also forgot to mention that Coltee's mama Debbie- man oh man her shpeech impediment was a lot worsh thish week. I mean talk about shlurring the letter ESH!!!!

I really don't want this to be taken as a mean girls comment- it's more that I didn't notice it quite as much previously.

It was wasn't it!  I hadn't noticed it that much either.  I wondered if she'd had a stroke recently.  

• Useful 1

The unabashed pimping for 'Family Chantel' was really repulsive.  I have figured from watching the promos (which included old bits from previous fights &c) that TLC had to have said to these people "Do you think you can keep on fighting for, say, nine months or so?  'Cuz if you can, we can scrape another series out of this."  And the answer was "Why, Yes, we believe we can.  The possible future of this marriage, which will only survive with some serious calming down and probably frequent therapy, certainly takes second place to rehashing the same stupid fights and the glory of being stars on reality TV."

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
(edited)
14 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Everytime it goes to a commercial, I say to myself, why am I watching this?  Can I snark about them if I am watching?  

These people are awful, except for Larissa's lawyer who is from my homeland. Accent gave it away.

Eric, oh my. Over the top. Not buying what he is selling. But A for effort.

Case of wine to whoever said debbie and coltee should be on sMothered. I will be haunted by them for eternity. 

Does that explain the lawyers bad grasp of the English language? As soon as he used a double negative and said ain't, I would have found a new lawyer. How can you be so educated and yet so ignorant? I am not claiming to be grammar perfect, but if a professional spoke to me like that, I would find a new professional. And, he knew he was being filmed and still spoke like that!

Edited by linthia
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

It's going to be impossible to find any woman who wants to live in that situation.

I think that’s Debbie’s goal.  

Yeah, Debbie, it’s obvious that you worked overtime to get rid of Larissa.   Unfortunately, you can’t erase her from Coltee’s mind.  

I loved it when Larissa said that the police were going to arrest Colt but then arrested her and didn’t know why.    We know why. 

Eric is 26 as much as I am.   Even if he’s gay and she not that into him, he’s still a step up from Coltee.  

Ashley, Jay cheated on you multiple times.  We get it.  Time to move on.  

Watching Pedro squirm while the clips of him in the DR played was delicious.  There is nothing he could say.   Chantel’s family may not have said they want Pedro gone but it’s obvious that they do.  

Family Chantel must have that PI on retainer.  

Colt was drunk during filming the tell all.  

Nichole looked good but still dumb.  

Pao still looks pregnant.   

• Love 15
(edited)
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

Larissa's new "boyfriend" along with the Family Chantel and the Family Pedro are all in this to be on TV and for the paycheck.  

And that's fine with me.  

Ashley needs to take several seats.  She groomed a child and now she's pissed.  I wonder how she'd feel if some older person from another country did the same to one of her kids.  

Could not agree more re Trashley. Whatever her teenage husband actually did, he has more than paid for, IMO.  And she groomed him, full stop. No sympathy for her whatsoever.

there are already enough iterations of this show, and by the looks of last night's ads, we're also getting "Before the 90 Days" pretty soon. I saw Darcy in that one. No way I'm wasting any time watching the family Chantel, or any further discussion of their past issues.

ETA:after Trashley called the police on Jay for no good reason, I was completely over her and her shite.

Edited by blubld43
  • Love 12

I was surprised by how cute Nicole looked. The shorter hair really suits her but she definitely needs to go on a diet and exercise regime, immediately. As someone up thread noted, "pleasingly plump" will do.

I will pull our my eyeballs before I watch the Family Chantel shit show. Every one of those people is loathsome and I hope this show bombs completely. Gross.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Blame it on the language barrier. She saw lots of hot young men and didn’t realize they were looking for other hot young men

Larissa does have a rather large Adam’s apple so maybe it wasn’t a mistake.

• LOL 8
13 hours ago, EarlGreyTea said:

I agree. The stylist for the Tell-All needs to be put on retainer by Nicole, because every time they get ahold of her she looks great. I know she's lost a few pounds, too, and it looks good.

Nicole's hair and makeup were very flattering.  Her appearance actually looked "refined." (Never thought this was possible).  The dress and shoes simple and classic.  A respectful disagreement regarding her weight.  I saw no noticeable difference in that department.  However, my sense is that Nicole is OK with her weight.  The farce with azan goes on to give both of them some social media presence and potential income (without having to work).

• Love 9

Does anybody know where and how to do that? I’d also like to look up “Kate Plus Date” and “S’Mothered” 

Ratings for Kate Plus Date sputter at 773,000

Total viewers for the premiere were 773,000 or .773M viewers.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-monday-cable-originals-network-finals-6-10-2019.html

The ratings were less than the ratings for the 3 episodes aired in July 2017.

7/10/2017 .918 - A Haunting at the Gosselins
7/17/2017 .781 - Kate goes skiing...sort of...
7/24/2017 .801 - Six Teenagers 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Einstein discovered the Theory of Relativity

Is that the one where you forsake your relatives and "cleave" to your spouse like Chantel accused Colt of not doing (but also didn't do herself)? 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Is that the one where you forsake your relatives and "cleave" to your spouse like Chantel accused Colt of not doing (but also didn't do herself)? 

Well, if she was channeling her mother.....it could have been a reference to (C)leave It To Beaver.  

Edited by happy hobo
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, Chippings said:

The unabashed pimping for 'Family Chantel' was really repulsive.  I have figured from watching the promos (which included old bits from previous fights &c) that TLC had to have said to these people "Do you think you can keep on fighting for, say, nine months or so?  'Cuz if you can, we can scrape another series out of this."  And the answer was "Why, Yes, we believe we can.  The possible future of this marriage, which will only survive with some serious calming down and probably frequent therapy, certainly takes second place to rehashing the same stupid fights and the glory of being stars on reality TV."

interspersed with lighter moments of twerking lessons and the added drama of Winter's boyfriend in the Dysfunctional Family Chantel dynamic. 

• Love 1

Next she’s going to explain whether the chicken or the egg came first and if no one is around to hear it does a falling tree in the forest make a sound. 

"If a chicken crosses the road to lay an egg in a tree in the forest, then the Pope is Catholic." : Mama Chantel

• Useful 2
  • LOL 20
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I believe that saying is from the Bible and Chantel should be aware not everyone follows it.

• Useful 1
17 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

And-rrrrrreiiii looked like he was going to bust out his little boy shirt,

Minus the beard, he'd look like a little boy headed for a photo op in the Sears portrait studio for his parents' Christmas card

• LOL 17
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, happy hobo said:

Does anybody know where and how to do that? I’d also like to look up “Kate Plus Date” and “S’Mothered” 

Ratings for Kate Plus Date sputter at 773,000

Total viewers for the premiere were 773,000 or .773M viewers.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-monday-cable-originals-network-finals-6-10-2019.html

The ratings were less than the ratings for the 3 episodes aired in July 2017.

7/10/2017 .918 - A Haunting at the Gosselins
7/17/2017 .781 - Kate goes skiing...sort of...
7/24/2017 .801 - Six Teenagers 

thanks, but I don't understand if that's good or bad ratings-wise. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

My thoughts:

1.       Judgement Day: Everything was told in one line from Debbie in her conversation with the lawyer: We ….. I mean HE wants to be rid of her.

2.       Andrei should just shut up.  I can’t believe he stood up for Colt. Well, yeah I can

3.       Chantel and Pedro – if you want it work, cut your families out! Both families.

4.       I felt bad for Pedro. When Family Chantel showed up, he looked like he was going to cry.

5.       Nicole (and Azan), you cannot go on tv and get paid for showing your life and when asked a simple question: “Why was the trip to Morocco cancelled?” say “it’s private”. Damn it TLC, withhold their $$!

6.       Colt. A good indication that you are hated and in the wrong is when the other yahoo’s in the panel also look down at you and Andrei is the only dude on your side.  I mean even Trashley didn’t want to sit beside you.

7.       Nickle and Coltee and biggie a little bit more.

8.       Mother Chantel is sooooooooooooo freaking stupid.  Newton discovered gravity.  Einstein discovered the Theory of Relativity. But Chantel tried to shut her up before she even started on her bull crap.  Mother Chantel didn’t get the hint.  That’s Nicole level stupid.

9.       The tell all – told NOTHING.

Thanks for the recap, my electricity went out last night at 7pm (pre storm) and it is still out and I was sad to miss this mess, I feel like I am all caught up now! 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, magemaud said:

thanks, but I don't understand if that's good or bad ratings-wise. 

Means show started as a 'meh' and hasn't gotten more viewers.....BUT, it makes $$ for them because production costs are cheap. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Because we have the ability to juggle several topics at once, this:  Fairly early in the loo-ong two hours, there was a preview moment of the host saying to Azan "So what did you do with the $6000?" -   I assumed, naively, that this was a preview of something further down in this episode.  Because I was tuning in and out, I'm not sure if that part never was shown last night?   My impression now is that that exchange won't actually turn up til next week.

I'm sure it would have been much discussed if it had been shown, and he had made even a very sketchy answer.  I did see him answering about why they had not had a visit ("That's private so I won't say.")  But as to that money ??   Thank you to anybody with a stronger stomach than I, who stuck with the entire thing.  

Edited by Chippings
grammar
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Chippings said:

Because we have the ability to juggle several topics at once, this:  Fairly early in the loo-ong two hours, there was a preview moment of the host saying to Azan "So what did you do with the $6000?" -   I assumed, naively, that this was a preview of something further down in this episode.  Because I was tuning in and out, I'm not sure if that part never was showed last night?   My impression is that that exchange won't actually turn up til next week.

I'm sure it would have been much discussed if it had been shown, and he had made even a very sketchy answer.  I did see him answering about why they had not had a visit ("That's private so I won't say.")  But as to that money ??   Thank you to anybody with a stronger stomach than I, who stuck with the entire thing.  

It will be in part two.

1 minute ago, Chippings said:

Because we have the ability to juggle several topics at once, this:  Fairly early in the loo-ong two hours, there was a preview moment of the host saying to Azan "So what did you do with the $6000?" -   I assumed, naively, that this was a preview of something further down in this episode.  Because I was tuning in and out, I'm not sure if that part never was showed last night?   My impression is that that exchange won't actually turn up til next week.

Yeah, that question is probably going to wait till next week after they push MORE Family Chantel......No matter.....because who is going to believe ANY answer he gives? (well, other than Nicole).

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Look at Chantel (mis)quoting the Bible! I'll bet she and Pedro "become one flesh" on a regular basis even though they haven't succeeded in the leaving their parents' part. 

• Love 4
(edited)

All I want to know at this point is this - who the hell is Shawn blowing to continue to keep her job and do such a shit job of it at that?

ETA: I'd rather watch the Couch Squad watching this shit, then actually sit through this crap directly.

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Chippings said:

the host saying to Azan "So what did you do with the $6000?"  

And Azan will smile at Nicole and say to Shaun Robinson, that it's for something special for Nicole, and that it's private, so that they can begin their lives together.....only it will take a year or so for it to come together, so Nicole, just sit tight honey, and I think I need another $2000.....but I'm working on it honey.....

And then Azan will have to run, because he's so in love with Nicole he can't stand not being with her, but he's actually receiving another  FaceTime call from another willing participant in his scheme....

Edited by Sterling
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, jumper sage said:

When he sat down he "commanded" all the space on the couch.  He really does think he is the man.  Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I always thought that he and his mom were the ones gaslighting Larissa.

Colt definitely gaslighted Larissa, who is a moron. I’ll give him this, he’s smart and plays people like a fiddle. I sort of enjoyed him playing with these awful people, who are mostly stupid and deserve to be baited. She needs to be deported because of her arrest record and instability. I kind of feel for her, being a middle aged woman trying to get by on her looks and nothing else, but we don’t need to import people like her. Plenty of others out there who deserve the spot.

oh Chantal. You are the ideal woman until you open that whining, bitching mouth. As gorgeous as she is, the personality is too much to overcome. 

• Love 9
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Sterling said:

And Azan will smile at Nicole and say to Shaun Robinson, that it's for something special for Nicole, and that it's private, so that they can begin their lives together.....only it will take a year or so for it to come together, so Nicole, just sit tight honey, and I think I need another $2000.....but I'm working on it honey.....

And then Azan will have to run, because he's so in love with Nicole he can't stand not being with her, but he's actually receiving another  FaceTime call from another willing participant in his scheme....

and Robbilee, sitting next to Nicole, will just give a little grin and say " well, we got that settled".

Edited by happy hobo
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Advanced issues found

2 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Colt definitely gaslighted Larissa, who is a moron. I’ll give him this, he’s smart and plays people like a fiddle. I sort of enjoyed him playing with these awful people, who are mostly stupid and deserve to be baited. She needs to be deported because of her arrest record and instability.

Instability....I might buy but arrest record? Nope! 

The Metro Police in Vegas are not known for making the correct calls on DV calls. They get a DV call and ONE party is going to jail. It only depends on either who has the blood or who gives a better story. Here we would have had both Colt and Debbie accusing Larissa who is not fluent in the language.  More telling to me will be what happens when she is away from that household. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 18
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

This show is a hard thing to endure.  Is it possible that these people will eventually go away...  EVER?  Can someone around here check the ratings for The Family Chantel when it airs?  I wonder if anyone will watch, since, I've not heard of one person who will.  Maybe, the ratings will be so poor, they'll pull it.  

Some measures

90DF in January was the #1 show on cable on Sundays, 2.5M viewers
https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/sunday-cable-ratings-jan-6-2019/

In May 90DF:Hea is in 9th place
https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/dvr-ratings/cable-live-7-ratings-may-20-26-2019/

In July, 90DF:Hea is in 6th place, and OW is in 17th place.
https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/weekly-ratings/cable-top-25-july-8-14-2019/

Hopefuly, then, we can compare Family(gag)Chantel to these.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

In the July link above, Smothered is in 25th place.  Kate plus Date is somewhere even lower but not shown (as they only list the top 25).

• Useful 3

my take:

too much cleavage

too much fighting over nothing

too much screaming

It all equals BORING!

A bunch of dysfunctional people getting paid to complain and hate. I'm over this train wreck.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, greekmom said:

Andrei should just shut up.  I can’t believe he stood up for Colt. Well, yeah I can

They both hate women with the fire of 10,000 volcanoes, but also hate that they lust after them, and depend on them, for sexual gratification.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Normades said:

Will she be basing her chicken/egg theory on the celebrated work of Professor Harland Sanders, the illustrious chicken physicist?

Not to mention that birds of a feather flock together.

Just now, Toaster Strudel said:

They both hate women with the fire of 10,000 volcanoes, but also hate that they lust after them, and depend on them, for sexual gratification.

You can despise Colt and still call out Larissa as a green card scammer.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
15 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

Clearly, the only Einstein Karen ever read was on a bagel menu. 

What in the everloving fuck was she going on about.  That was newton and her story had nothing to do with gravity.

Does she think she is some kind of beacon of maturity by trying to have her entire family confront a 20 year old?  By thinking that refusing to apologize makes her right about things?  Basically threatening people with a taser if they cross her? By taking off her rings and earrings so she can street fight a 20 year old?  

These are the things that make her an authority on the subject of maturity?

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

Coltie has become a little too enamored of his reality show fame.  Larissa's new BF also to enamored with reality show fame.  He's at least much better looking than Colt, so if she has to fuck two weirdos to stay in this country, might as well be the new guy.  My God the spread on Coltie when he was on the couch.  

Pedro is just staying with Chantel for the reality TV money.   If there is any love in that union, I'd be surprised.  As much as Chantel loves to break bad about being disrespected, Pedro continues to disrespect her.  Meanwhile I hope he gets out of that marriage.  TV money isn't worth being with a shrew like her.

Nicole looked cute for Nicole.  She has lost a little weight. If she lost a lot of weight, she could be very pretty.  I wish she would give up the Azan ghost.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, gingerella said:

All I want to know at this point is this - who the hell is Shawn blowing to continue to keep her job and do such a shit job of it at that?

She truly is as useless as tits on a bull. We need to get Kevin Frazier from MAFS to do these tell-alls.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6