Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: Can I Get a Witness

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

I'd reply, 'Well, when you are ready to have a child pass through the hole of Johnson, then we'll talk....otherwise, I'm putting a 'Closed for babies' sign on my lady part!"

Or like Bambi on Love & Hip Hop, who told Scrappy that he's going to need to get himself a uterus if he wants another child anytime soon if ever.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, smores said:

It's always going to be all about Candiace.  Chris's family won't matter.  Notice that nowhere in there were rooms for the kids he already has.  Or "our kids" which is how you'd hope someone would phrase things when they've married someone with children.  

I wouldn't read too much into this. Chris has not discussed his kids at all outside of the one episode where they were disclosed. While they attended the wedding they were not shown on the show, which leads me to believe that either the children or the mother(s) don't want those kids to be discussed. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I liked that Karen checked her a little on that. Karen mentioned she was the same way when she first got married and then realized she didn't need all those bedrooms.

That surprised the heck out of me because Karen is the one swanning all over a McMansion at the age that most empty nesters are down-sizing. But it was nice for her to let the pretense drop & offer sage advice to someone with the same unrealistic lofty pursuits that she had 25 years ago. I like it when that Karen shows up. 

• Love 13

Anyone notice they are only using taglines for about half the episodes?  Could they possibly be phasing them out?1?  I hate those tacky shits with a passion.

Can someone from the DMV area (or anyone in the know) advise as to where Candiace and Gizelle live?  I am not familiar with this area, and I like to plug their towns into Google Maps to see where they are in relation to one another, so to speak.

Ashley = Alexandria

Karen = Great Falls

Monique = Potomac

Robyn = Baltimore 

(Katie = Purceville)

Is that all correct? Thanks.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Anyone notice they are only using taglines for about half the episodes?  Could they possibly be phasing them out?1?  I hate those tacky shits with a passion.

I love the taglines precisely for the reason you hate them.  They're so tacky and ridiculous, they set just the right tone for the show and the "stars."

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
(edited)

Candiace is in the National Harbor development, which is Prince George's County, MD, right across the Potomac River from DC and VA.

Ashley and Michael live up the street from me in Arlington, VA - they are close to the Rosslyn neighborhood.

I think Gizselle is in Bethesda, MD.

Robyn is in Howard County, MD, which is close to Baltimore but is not Baltimore. The county is half-way between DC and Baltimore.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

For some reason I thought Gizelle was in Silver Spring, but I don't know why I thought that. (My dad used to live there so maybe I just threw it in because of that.)

• Love 1
11 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Candiace is in the National Harbor development, which is Prince George's County, MD, right across the Potomac river from DC and VA.

Ashley and Michael live up the street from me in Arlington, VA - they are close to the Rosslyn neighborhood.

Robyn is in Howard County, MD, which is close to Baltimore but is not Baltimore. The county is half-way between DC and Baltimore.

Actually Hanover is both in Howard and Anne Arundel county.  So it depends. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, breezy424 said:

Actually Hanover is both in Howard and Anne Arundel county.  So it depends. 

A little OT, but I hate when places do that. I used to live in a small town that somehow managed to be part of three counties.

(edited)
On 7/22/2019 at 10:37 AM, Boofish said:

I admire Chris. One woman's tyrant is another woman's provider and protector which is how I see him. I think he is a giant and opposing figure so he comes across as "scary" to certain people. His concern for his wife in the street PREGNANT on camera threatening to fight (whether she meant it or not) was warranted. Instead of being thirsty and bitch-assed like a lot of these husbands are for camera time and fame his concern his is wife and kids. This is a vanity project for Monique - she don't need the money and I don't blame him one bit for being upset. As for his kid, most parents don't like to repeat themselves and that was so sliced and edited. He asked him to stop and Monique had gel on her belly by the time he had enough she was dressed and getting off the table and there were pictures of the baby. This means he may have been trying to redirect the behavior for a good 30 minutes with no luck. He could always be Juan and just don't give a shit.

This black man chose his wife over his mother - chhhilllle I cannot put into words what that means 😂 Chris is rocking for Monique. That right there put all doubts to rest

I agree. Ain't nothing wrong with a person who puts their foot down especially if the situation warrants it.

Sometimes ya gotta be firm when someone else is too emotional to listen to soft calming whispers. LOL.

Monique be acting a fool sometimes and she knows this and it seems like Monique doesn't get offended by Chris's interventions. What's also telling is that Monique doesn't just obediently shuffle away with Chris. You can see that sometimes he snaps some sense back into her and you can see her recover and realize her error in judgement. Whereas if he was just barking at her with hostility towards her and she reacted in a startled and panicked way then that would be a sign of maybe an unhealthy balance in that marriage.

Monique worships her husband and it looks like he does the same with Monique. Don't mean people won't show signs of aggravation with each other from time to time.

As for his son. I'm glad I'm not on reality tv is all I'm saying cause I've barked at the boy on some occasions where the people around me jumped and looked over at me shocked and wide eyed. Sometimes you need that good jolting base in your voice to get these kids in check. Sorry...

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 7