Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Leap

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, MisterGlass said:

Oh, Davis 😞 

I knew when Piper and Davis were moved up, one of 'em wasn't going to last the season. Shoulda stayed in the background, son. R.I.P.

Deke is so needy, if he isn't macking on Daisy, he's wondering if 'Gramps' really likes him.

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

I'm unsure of the physics involved. From that height, if one or two of them had gotten beneath Davis (which they had time to do, really), would they have been killed too by the impact?

I think only Yo-yo had time to react to it; it was shown in slow motion.  It would be possible to do a rough impact force estimate, but if they couldn't protect his head and neck, or slow him considerably, the outcome for Davis would have been the same.

Thinking about the rest of the episode, the idea that the shrike are placeholders taking hosts for energy beings is new.

I can buy into the idea that the monolith event had farther ripples in space time outside the lighthouse.  I wonder if it created other things on other worlds.  The result here of a Coulson clone hosting an energy being makes an interesting loophole.  If the being eventually leaves the body, then a version of Coulson is returned, not unlike the way that Fitz was this season.

• Love 4

Well, shit!  Davis survived the whole possession thing from last week, only to actually die this go around.  Should have figured that the show was going to do something to establish how dangerous Izel is, and he and Piper were probably the most likely options for it.  Sniff!  I'll never get my "Lower Decks"-type episode now!

Maybe I'm finally starting to thaw on Deke, because I actually found it nice that this Fitz doesn't seem to be as frustrated with him like the other one was.

I confused about the Sarge reveal: so, he was basically created by the Monolith when Coulson used it?  And he and Izel are the same species?  So many questions,,

The body hopping stuff was fun, but Izel never stayed with anyone long enough to truly allow the actors to leave an impression playing a different character, outside of Henry Simmons and Natalia Cordova-Buckley.

I did like briefly seeing Fitz and Simmons reaction to the whole "Sarge has Coulson's face" thing.

I know it won't happen, but I want Davis to have a big funeral/wake, dammit!

• Love 7

Still wondering what's going on half of the time. I mean, it's not as bad as Legion, where you need to take notes to figure out what's going on . . . but when I sit down and post, I can barely remember the episode. Something Something Something Coulson into the abyss, giving Sarge a template for a corporal form. Hey, he could have wound up resembling Ward. Eh, I bet he somehow makes it back next season, since it'll be the end of AoS.

Gotta love Izel possessing Mack and forcing him unconscious via extreme headbutt.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

That was a terrible episode. They did so many things wrong, it's hard to believe they are supposed to be secret agents. And I guess Mac was right - Daisy and You Yo really were stupid leaving that room. Yo Yo pretty much immediately got taken over.

It feels like they took a three to four episode story and dragged it out over 12 episodes. This was basically just filler, with the death of a side character to give it some gravitas.

So far, this season is a dud.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Still wondering what's going on half of the time. I mean, it's not as bad as Legion, where you need to take notes to figure out what's going on . . . but when I sit down and post, I can barely remember the episode. Something Something Something Coulson into the abyss, giving Sarge a template for a corporal form. Hey, he could have wound up resembling Ward. Eh, I bet he somehow makes it back next season, since it'll be the end of AoS.

Gotta love Izel possessing Mack and forcing him unconscious via extreme headbutt.

No it couldn't have been Ward. They basically retconned the third monolith to what Dr. Benson suggested earlier in the season. And it was our Coulson who went in. By the end of the episode they were pushing a Coulson Ghost Rider reappearance 

(edited)
9 hours ago, MisterGlass said:

I think only Yo-yo had time to react to it; it was shown in slow motion.

It was clear what was going to happen as soon as Izel!Davis started walking in that direction, and that part wasn't in slow motion. They had time to run or even walk under the area, which wasn't far from where they were standing.

Thanks for the link.

Edited by Noneofyourbusiness
  • Love 1
(edited)

I don't remember: was it ever mentioned if Davis got to see his family?

Aside for the shock value of seeing May shoot Sarge last week, why did Izel bother shoot Sarge if she knew bullets won't hurt him?

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, swanpride said:

so....sarge isn't Coulson but there might be a copy of Coulson under his personality?

If I follow the story right when Coulson went into the fear dimension, which has been retconned by first Dr Benson and now Fitz to being something else, Izel discovered a way for her people to have a body and Sarge was sent into a Coulson body. But Sarge hasn't been able to pop in and out like Izel has and seems to be a rebel against her goal, probably on an ethical 'its not right to take others lives for ourselves" level. But remembers none of this.

For Izel to instantly access Yo-Yo's Inhuman powers suggest some familiarity with the host.

It was a transitional episode to set the story for the finale push

• Love 1
2 hours ago, mxc90 said:

I don't remember: was it ever mentioned if Davis got to see his family?

Aside for the shock value of seeing May shoot Sarge last week, why did Izel bother shoot Sarge if she knew bullets won't hurt him?

I was confused by this too. She knew it wouldn't kill him but she wants him to join her. How is shooting him going to help with that?

Poor Davis :(. I really was hoping him and Piper were going to survive the season. They have been great recurring characters.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, MisterGlass said:

If the being eventually leaves the body, then a version of Coulson is returned, not unlike the way that Fitz was this season.

Yeah, I keep wondering if they're going to use this situation to bring Coulson back on some level.

34 minutes ago, blueray said:

I was confused by this too. She knew it wouldn't kill him but she wants him to join her. How is shooting him going to help with that?

I guess the idea was to shock him into realizing who he really was.  

I wish this show wasn't so dark.  It's not like some shows, where it's so dark you can't see anything, it's just the general atmosphere and mood lighting is dark, and a lot of people are wearing black.  Someone above said it was depressing.  This is based on a comic book, how about making things a little more bright and fun?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, blueray said:

And Sarge kept shooting her as if the show had a "bullets fired" quota to meet.

• Love 1

I don't know….killing Davies just felt unnecessary. Yeah, we know that she is dangerous, they could have turned it into a "I can't believe he survived AGAIN" moment to lighten the mood a little bit.

• Love 6

If they were going to kill a character, why couldn't it have been Deke? Think about it - the actor's in the opening credits, he's Fitz/Simmons' grandson, and known by the rest of the team so his loss would have real punch for everyone. It would also give meaning to Deke's existence on the show instead of the whiny, needy guy who is proud of stealing SHIELD tech to become a gazillionaire. Moreover, it would have pleased me as finally a show gets rid of a character I can't stand. Instead, they kill off Davis and, as someone above mentioned. we don't even know if he got to see his wife and child after a year in space. 

I was confused about Yo-Yo using her powers to get in front of and accept Izel taking her over. Doesn't she have to return to her the spot she left when she uses her speed? Could Izel have immediately stopped that from happening? And, if she could do so, can Yo-Yo?

I wondered if Yo-yo was counting on Izel's not understanding the limits on her powers, so the team could use it against her. 

I also assumed that Izel shot Sarge as part of her plan to "wake him up." Sarge seems like he's still in denial about the whole thing enough to think shooting her could be effective. 

Oh, Davis. Worst game of musical chairs ever.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, blueray said:

Poor Davis :(. I really was hoping him and Piper were going to survive the season. They have been great recurring characters.

I agree, and they were great together as partners.

If Izel can move from person to person by turning in a smoky mist why do her clothes move with her? And what is that silver ball she wants? I don't remember it.

I thought it was dumb when we see Sarge dislocate his thumb to get out of the handcuffs, Simmons is sitting at her desk working/looking down and the guard is standing right behind her looking over her shoulder. Why?

Did Piper shoot the black lady guard (sorry I can't remember her name)? I know when Daisy found her she saw blood on the wall and asked what happened, but didn't seem to be in a hurry to get her help. 

So does that mean Sarge's team were creatures like Izel? If Sarge is one does that mean snowflake is too?

I don't get it. I'm confused.

I am glad this Fitz is more accepting of Deke, after all it is his grandson even though he is a pain in the butt :-)

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

If they were going to kill a character, why couldn't it have been Deke? Think about it - the actor's in the opening credits, he's Fitz/Simmons' grandson, and known by the rest of the team so his loss would have real punch for everyone. It would also give meaning to Deke's existence on the show instead of the whiny, needy guy who is proud of stealing SHIELD tech to become a gazillionaire. Moreover, it would have pleased me as finally a show gets rid of a character I can't stand.

I think this actually shows one of two things: yeah, it could be the show's investment in the character, as evident in the things you state; but it could also betray the writers' awareness of the weaknesses of the character: what if Deke were killed off and the reaction of the audience was essentially "Oh, thank Stan! That whiny little pisher's finally gone!" (I think the same reaction could plausibly be felt among the main characters.)

On some level, I believe, the writers must recognize that they're trying too hard with Deke, if Davis, first name "Agent," is the tragic pay-off character.  

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 2
(edited)

Why was the guard looking over Jemma's shoulder when he was there to guard Sarge?

"I don't think your math checks out, ma'am"

"That's because I'm working in base 8, it's a game Fitz and I play, now back to your pos...oh dear, not again."

Of course, the whole room was set up so that Sarge could escape with one weird trick.

Daisy and Yoyo took forever to get to the secure room. Sarge and Izel had quite a long, shooty conversation.

The choreography of Izel taking over people was a little awkward, sometimes she seemed to prefer turning and backing into them? Maybe her face fading into theirs looked better as an effect? 

Edited by Latverian Diplomat
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

I thought it was dumb when we see Sarge dislocate his thumb to get out of the handcuffs, Simmons is sitting at her desk working/looking down and the guard is standing right behind her looking over her shoulder. Why?

Did Piper shoot the black lady guard (sorry I can't remember her name)? I know when Daisy found her she saw blood on the wall and asked what happened, but didn't seem to be in a hurry to get her help. 

So does that mean Sarge's team were creatures like Izel? If Sarge is one does that mean snowflake is too?

Simmons was doing her job, the guard was not. NotColuson should have been put into the containment pod the moment they realized he was headed for a full recovery.

Yes, the black lady guard was shot in the head.

Sarge's team were probably not creatures like Izel? Snowflake is probably not a creature like Izel.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Maybe she wanted to put him out of commission while she proceeded with her nefarious plans.  Sarge had been dogging her for some time and she didn't need him possibly helping SHIELD any further.

And  I won't be surprised if Coulson is resurrected through Sarge.  There's no way they're finishing the series without him.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

Simmons was doing her job, the guard was not. NotColuson should have been put into the containment pod the moment they realized he was headed for a full recovery.

Yes, the black lady guard was shot in the head.

Sarge's team were probably not creatures like Izel? Snowflake is probably not a creature like Izel.

Thank you AnimeMania.

That's what dumb about it, why wasn't the guard watching Sarge instead of looking over Simmons shoulder. I just don't think Simmons would like someone peering over her shoulder while she trying to work. Other than Fitz of course :-)

So the black guard was shot in the head and lived? Daisy should've acted more concerned lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

I am glad this Fitz is more accepting of Deke, after all it is his grandson even though he is a pain in the butt 🙂

He's more accepting, but he's perfectly willing to needle him.  I liked the deadpan bit where Fitz was leading Deke around about whether science or money is the more important for his business.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

And what is that silver ball she wants? I don't remember it.

The silver ball is what Coulson used to contain what they thought was a fear dimension. It’s what’s left of the monoliths. 

So the black guard was shot in the head and lived? Daisy should've acted more concerned lol.

I don’t think she was shot in the head. It looked more like a blow to the head then a bullet wound. We see Piper shooting but I think it was at Izel as she was leaving Diaz to go into Piper. If Diaz was shot it was when she was controlled by Izel which would have minimized the damage. 

That's what dumb about it, why wasn't the guard watching Sarge instead of looking over Simmons shoulder. I just don't think Simmons would like someone peering over her shoulder while she trying to work. Other than Fitz of course 🙂

Because the team acts dumb to move the plot along. It’s been happening all season. It’s just like Daisy and Yo-Yo deciding to go after Izel when locking them up was the smartest decision made in the entire episode. 

(edited)

I think Izel shot Sarge for 2 reasons. She herself said it was to wake him up - I think she was trying to get him to realize what/who he is. Also, I think she wanted him to follow her into that room but he can't escape the cell he was in so she insured he'd be elsewhere in the lighthouse and hopefully be able to escape to meet her. 

😭😭😭😭😭 Davis! Nooooooo!!!

Edited by Samwise979
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Latverian Diplomat said:

Why was the guard looking over Jemma's shoulder when he was there to guard Sarge?

He was probably trying to flirt with her.  As much as I like Clark Gregg, put me in a room with those too and my focus is going to be on Elizabeth Henstridge every time.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, MisterGlass said:

He's more accepting, but he's perfectly willing to needle him.  I liked the deadpan bit where Fitz was leading Deke around about whether science or money is the more important for his business.

Interesting. That’s not how I saw that scene at all. I’ll have to watch again, but I thought Fitz was being serious in acknowledging that you have to have money to do science. 

I’ve really enjoyed watching this Fitz interact with Deke minus the baggage the other Fitz had. And for me, I can see Deke responding to that kinder, more thoughtful interaction. Deke was much more serious and engaged with the team, as part of the team, I think than he has been.

• Love 11
(edited)

All I wanted was for Piper and Davis to survive and continue to be hilarious and awesome, but I guess we dont always get what we want. What a nasty way to go to, waking up from a blackout in free-fall and getting I guess his skull crushed. Jeeesh. 

On the plus side, I am actually happy to see Deke actually bonding with this version of Fitz. Deke can be a pain in the ass, but he is so desperate to be loved, that I am glad that he is having this small bone thrown his way. He seemed to actually be enjoying working with him, and Deke seemed so happy! 

So Sarge is actually the same species as Izel, and they all want to come to this universe to get bodies, because they are actually non-corporeal beings? And Sarge has Coulsons memories, but only some slimmers of them, unspecific memories of a family he can hardly recall, but knows he loved and is now separated from. Really, its pretty sad. 

Ghost Rider mention! God I miss the Ghost Rider/AIDA season, that was just such a wild ride.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 6

So... I guess this kinda confirms it. I'm going to agree with my fellow poster, who in one of the previous episode threads mentioned Sarge will become a resurrected, tastes great, less filling, brand spanking new Coulson.

Sarge was only interesting the last few episodes after Izel popped up.

Not my favorite season, but I'll take it over the first chunk of last season.

• Love 1
On 7/19/2019 at 9:40 PM, missbonnie said:

Still so bitter about how they have ruined my favorite Marvel tv show over here. 

Agreed.  I'm so bored by this season.  This show has become a chore to watch.  How many episodes are left in this season?

• Love 4

If I follow the story right when Coulson went into the fear dimension, which has been retconned by first Dr Benson and now Fitz to being something else, Izel discovered a way for her people to have a body and Sarge was sent into a Coulson body. But Sarge hasn't been able to pop in and out like Izel has and seems to be a rebel against her goal, probably on an ethical 'its not right to take others lives for ourselves" level. But remembers none of this.

I thought it was because of the vague memories of Coulson "influenced" the new Sarge persona to turn/fight against Izel. So the power of Coulson (Coulson's memories) can change a person?

On 7/19/2019 at 9:23 PM, Jack Kerouac said:

This was basically just filler, with the death of a side character to give it some gravitas.

On 7/21/2019 at 11:08 PM, tennisgurl said:

What a nasty way to go to, waking up from a blackout in free-fall and getting I guess his skull crushed.

Terminal Velocity (reached in 15 seconds) = 195 km/h , 122 mph, or 54 m/s.

On 7/23/2019 at 9:44 AM, blackwing said:

Agreed.  I'm so bored by this season.  This show has become a chore to watch.  How many episodes are left in this season?

No more for me.  I've banned it from my DVR.

On 7/20/2019 at 12:23 AM, Jack Kerouac said:

That was a terrible episode. They did so many things wrong, it's hard to believe they are supposed to be secret agents. And I guess Mac was right - Daisy and You Yo really were stupid leaving that room. Yo Yo pretty much immediately got taken over.

Not only are they secret agents but this is the first time I remember them mentioning that they are secret agents who are paid a salary. Now I am just curious where that money is coming from?

34 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Not only are they secret agents but this is the first time I remember them mentioning that they are secret agents who are paid a salary. Now I am just curious where that money is coming from?

Its been a while but Fury's, with super secret S.H.I.E.L.D. off the books assets, the  toolbox left to Coulson when he went underground. So they were not siezed when the governments of the world went after Hydra's assets and Coulson's group when they were out of favor.