Type keyword(s) to search

Wishlist Thread: "I would like to see these mangoes."

My season 4 wish list:

*More Felix and Mrs. S, these two are my favorite non-clone characters and I'd love to get more of them. I want to see Fe and S interact with each of the clones more and with each other. I like seeing Mrs. S in the overprotective and caring mother role and would like to see how that translates to Sarah's sisters. I also want to learn more about Felix, his past, how and why he ended up with Mrs. S, his life now outside of his sister(s) and their problems, and see Fe get an independent storyline, maybe have an issue that he needs Sarah/Cos/Alison to help him with instead of having to help them out.

*Cosima no longer sick

*More clone club interactions

*Adding Krystal to clone club

*Donnie and Alison more central to the show

*Alison's kids being brought into the clone club family- meet Sarah, Cos, Kira, & S.

*Less Shay & Delphine not dead

*A clearer picture of the motivations of Neolution and what actually is going on

*If Castor is still present in the show, I'd like it to only be in the form of Mark and for him to join clone club- has the only one we've gotten to really know and he might have potential to be referred to as brother.

*More development with Rachel

That's all I can think of at the moment...

I can turn this into a general wishlist thread if anyone can think of a fun subtitle!

Yeah, please do! No idea on the subtitle, tho.

Another one for my wishlist:

*Allison actually interacting with her kids in a loving motherly way. Kyra is the special snowflake child everyone goes gaga over. Charlotte may have her moments with Rachel next season. But Gemma and... what's the boy's name? Anyway, they feel like props that are part of Allison's suburbia shtick , but neither her or Donnie seem too connected to them and that's just off.

But Gemma and... what's the boy's name? Anyway, they feel like props that are part of Allison's suburbia shtick , but neither her or Donnie seem too connected to them and that's just off.

Alison's son is called Oscar - and wasn't in this season at all. I agree that they're really just moving props - never actually have any storylines themselves and just let Alison and Donnie claim everything they're doing is for "family". I bet there's a compilation video out there somewhere of them shushing their kids and herding them out of rooms so they don't see something they shouldn't. I did like Helena teaching Gemma how to eye gouge someone though.

As for subtitles? Maybe "I would like to see these mangoes."

• Love 1

I would like the show to have more female writers and directors because there have only been a few instances where this has happened over the past four seasons.

It worries me that they haven't had that female voice from the beginning.

(edited)

So, going over my wishlist for season 4 - I definitely got a lot of items on my list crossed off - although now they've happened I'm not so sure I knew what I wanted.

• More clone interactions (even if over the phone/on Skype) - definitely got this, and I was pleasantly surprised with Cosima/Alison skyping each other and I especially loved Beth/MK, Krystal/Sarah and Cosima/Charlotte.
  • Krystal to become part of clone club - best moment of the season
  • More Beth, somehow & Cosima having non-Dyad storylines-  holy doodle did I get these wish granted
  • Delphine is still alive and her shooter purposely didn't try to kill her - saved by Krystal's phone - didn't see that coming
  • Cosima to get her own place - Scott's had time to find an apartment, decorate it & get a cat - yep, gets her own place
  • Killing off Kendall - who knew I'd care so much about her death? Or was I just upset about what Cosima had to go through?
  • Mrs S & Sarah continuing to have a good relationship - bumpy but good
  • Rachel to have a scene with a clone that isn't Cosima or Sarah - do Ira and Charlotte count?

Then I had some wished that were way off: Helena's baby's stem cells saves Cosima somehow but the baby dies in the process, some mention of how Tony's managed to stay out of trouble (Dyad do know he exists, right?), meet Cosima's parents, Kira meeting Alison's kids or Alison's mum

Then some where I could not have been more wrong if I tried: Absolutely no Castors showing up, Alison's storylines being connected to everyone else, no more shady organisations or secret spies within Topside working for another organisation

And then the wish I can't believe I wished for:

Mrs S giving Rachel a hug

I take it all back. S needs to give her an agonisingly slow and painful death.

Edited by godonlyknows
because can and can't mean different things
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 5/20/2016 at 10:27 AM, maraleia said:

I would like the show to have more female writers and directors because there have only been a few instances where this has happened over the past four seasons.

It worries me that they haven't had that female voice from the beginning.

Kind of ironic, given the focus of the entire show. I think the men have done a really good job, though, at depicting strong, layered female characters, which is still a good thing. But I know what you're saying.

-------

My main wish for the final season is not to lose any of our core group (Sarah, Cosima, Alison, Helena, Felix, Siobhan, Art). I don't expect Rachel to survive. I imagine Krystal will be fine.

I'd like to see Mark again - both he and Ira deserve the cure, and to have a "good" brother.

I'd also like to see Jesse again with Helena and her babies.

And generally, I'd like a hopeful conclusion, even if it's not full-on happily-ever-after.

P.S. And at least some mention of Tony.

Edited by justmehere
  • Love 3

I want two things for S5:

1. To find out which LEDA clone (besides Rachel) first became self-aware, how she found the other clones, and their reactions to finding out. I think the Beth flashbacks in S4 were very well done and provided a lot of background; now we just need a few flashbacks that go even further back.

2. For the clone club, as a group, to go public with their story, exposing everyone who has been trying to harm them (including Rachel) and bringing down Brightborn, Topside, and any other corporation involved. Then, after the media frenzy dies down, the show can end with the sestras living happy, peaceful lives with the occasional dance party or soap store dinner.

4 hours ago, chocolatine said:

To find out which LEDA clone (besides Rachel) first became self-aware, how she found the other clones, and their reactions to finding out. I think the Beth flashbacks in S4 were very well done and provided a lot of background; now we just need a few flashbacks that go even further back.

I think they've pretty much explained this. MK survived Helsinki, hacked around to find who was responsible and why, then found Beth, Cosima, Alison, Katya, etc, and tipped them off. 

8 hours ago, kariyaki said:

I think they've pretty much explained this. MK survived Helsinki, hacked around to find who was responsible and why, then found Beth, Cosima, Alison, Katya, etc, and tipped them off. 

Oh yes, you're right about MK being the one to find Beth, and help connect her to Cos and Alison. But now that you've reminded me, I also remember that MK was friends with the other Finnish clone, Nikki, before the Helsinki attack, so one of them must have figured it out before that, and I'd like to know how.

And I still want to see Cosima's, Alison's, and Beth's reactions to finding out that they are clones. 

I too have always thought the the last scene would be of all the sisters at a news conference announcing their existence, but that really wouldn't make much sense as they'd never be left alone.  Other scenario I'd like is that Felix opens the door to his own clone and we find out he's Pollux, this leaves room for a series with Felix and guest appearances by the sisters. Other things I'd like to see

S getting herself some peace and a man.

I don't want Rachael to die, I want her and Ferdinand to have crazy plans together.

I want the Hendrixes to raise Charlotte.

A scene with Charlotte, Kira Gemma and Oscar all playing and acting like kids.

I think Helena will let the twins be raised by Gracie and Mark, as they will have their sibling/s and she missed being being raised with her twin and other sisters

Helena will go off with Jesse.

Sarah Cal and Kira to have a nice long family vacation.

Krystal to somehow become a beauty entrepreneur.

Delphine and Cosima to continue to make mad science, possibly along with Susan

Felix and his morgue boy toy to reunite.

• Love 1

I just want Delphine to come back and work with Cosima and Scott again. She's badass as the HBIC (or whatever she is now), but I adore her and Cosima in the lab together being crazy smart, smokin' hot, and all-around awesome in love.

Oh! And I'd also like Alison/Donnie to get Charlotte and Helena to ride off into the sunset with Jesse. 

My nephew and niece introduced me to a silly but fun series of kids' video games (Papa's Burgeria, Papa's Pizzeria, Papa's Taco Mia, Papa's Cupcakeria, etc.). Apparently every year they hold a contest where players can create new characters and submit them for everyone to vote on - the most popular character gets incorporated into the next new game (and any games beyond that, I believe). Since the whole thing was new to me, I missed the deadline for creating a character to submit, but the tools were still available to play around with... so I started messing around for fun and tried to create a few of the main clones: Helena, Sarah and Alison. (They had no good dreads hairstyle that was close enough to Cosima's, so I sadly couldn't make her. Maybe I'll try making some of the others though, like Rachel or Crystal, LOL.)

Anyway, here's the mockups I made, using the character options they had available. Thought you might get a kick out of it. 

And, in tying this to the wishlist thread (because there didn't seem to be anywhere else to put something wacky like this), I'd like to say how cool it would be if there were an Orphan Black video game. You could pick which clone you wanted to be, chase after the bad guys, etc. I would totally play that!  That would be my wish now that the show's done. *GRIN*

the-clones.jpg

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 2
On 5/5/2015 at 3:27 PM, editorgrrl said:

From the season 3, episode 3 thread:

So it exists? Why can't I find it here?

I just binged the first two seasons and am hooked on both the show and the discussion here (even if I'm very late to the party).

But I can't find a single S03 episode thread. Did they somehow get deleted or am I just clueless on how to find them? (Combining all into one forum makes it slightly harder).

13 hours ago, dleighg said:

I can't find a single S03 episode thread. Did they somehow get deleted or am I just clueless on how to find them? 

Sorry, but I can’t help you—I gave up on this show years ago. (And apparently so have the mods. It’s a mess in here.)

23 minutes ago, editorgrrl said:

Sorry, but I can’t help you—I gave up on this show years ago. (And apparently so have the mods. It’s a mess in here.)

PTV is getting rid of subforums, so all the threads have to live in here now. The season three threads all went poof in the move back to the parent forum, I guess. It sucks.

I'll make a season three topic, @dleighg -- it's probably overkill to remake all the separate ones at this stage.