Type keyword(s) to search

Wishlist Thread: "I would like to see these mangoes."

Thought I'd start a wishlist for season 3.  My first thoughts after the finale:

1. No more kidnapping Kira. 
  2. No more kidnapping Helena.
  3. Don't introduce yet another shadowy organization that is really controlling everything.
  4. Don't replace kidnapping Kira with kidnapping one of the new children/babies
  5. Have Cal have an actual role in the whole drama, other than magical babysitter and plot-advancer.
  6. Tie all the clones into the main plot in a better way.
  7. Only introduce a new clone if they are integral to the story.
  8. Last but not least, please let there actually be a season 3 - It looks like BBC renewal hasn't officially come yet, and ratings aren't exactly equal to the hype or the press coverage.

I'm sure there's more ... I haven't even begun to process the male clones and what they intend to do with that story line ... 

• Love 6

1. Don't keep asking more questions without answering some of the existing ones. That was the bane of X-files.

2.Good stories for each of the 4 main clones, both together and separately.

3. More Allison/Felix because they are made of awesome.

4. Helena fucking up the military's plans for the male clones.

5. Helena fucking up DYAD/Topside's plans, whateverthehell they are.

6. Helena meeting her leetle seestra Charlotte, and rescuing her from whatever diabolical plan Marion has in store for her.

7.Cosima using Duncan's notes, and Helena's eggs to find a cure for herself.

8. A reasonable explantion on why Kira is a magic child.

• Love 5
(edited)

1. Delphine actually comes back on-screen and isn't banished to Frankfurt forever. Their love story is the only one on the show and it would bother me to have it taken away or replaced by another love interest for Cosima. 

2. The guy clones don't take over the storyline. There's plenty of story left without the Castor Clones stomping around on the ten episodes we get.

3. Rachel lives and we get to see a softening of her, to a degree. I'd like to see what her life would be like without DYAD. How would she fare without the protections of the world she's known her whole life. Would that humble her?

4. More main clone interaction. The whole sequence with Helena meeting her sisters, the dancing, and then the talk between Sarah and Cosima was the highlight of the episode and one of the highlights of the series. More of that. Sorry, Tatiana. 

5. Less Paul. Sorry, Dylan.

6. Give Alison a more integral storyline. Less fracturing the main three clones in general.  

7. Felix hooks up with Rachel's assistant, Martin, and has his own forbidden affair. 

8. At least one sit down for tea between Mrs. S. and Marian.

9. Kira and Charlotte meet. 

10. More Art and Felix. 

11. Give Cal a purpose besides bringing the eye candy.

12. Is Kira super human? What's up with her healing ability?

13. When Tony returns, give him a less screen time at first so we can get used to him and give him a real purpose. And never have him kiss Felix again. Gah! I can't unsee....

14. A meeting of the monitors: Delphine, Paul, and Donnie. Oh, the notes they could compare.

Edited by DioxinBlues
  • Love 7

I want to know who the originals are!!  Whose DNA did they use for Project Leda and Castor?  How did they decided?  Was the original female a doctor or someone in the organization - to me it makes sense because the women are smart - and the original male a high ranking officer?  Not to say the males aren't smart.  I'm just going from what we've seen so far and while Mark shows he's got some brains there, there's an intelligence with the women.

I'd also like to see some of the plot points wrapped up over the course of another season.  I loved Lost but I can't do that again.  I need closure.  

I agree with a lot that's already been said.  No more kidnapping of Kyra or Helena.  I'd like to see Angie fall down the rabbit hole and wish she'd listened to everyone who said to keep her nose out of it all.  I'm not sure if I want things to go public but the one thing I really want to see (either in season 3 or the final season) is all the clones being individuals.  The way I see it is they're all individuals no matter what their DNA says and none of them had a say in their creation but they're all people.  No patents or special rules.

• Love 3

I want to meet Cosima's parents.  And Allison's.  I want to know how they came to be their parents and if they were in the dark or involved somehow in the conspiracy.  And also just because I can't wait to see what kind of people raised those two polar opposite clones. 

• Love 7

Completely agree with all of the above, especially the no more kidnapping storylines, keeping Rachel around, and letting the monitors meet up. I'd add:

1. Cure Cosima quickly. Maybe they'll do a time jump and we'll find in the S3 premiere that she's all better b/c she used the stem cells from Helena's embryos to sustain her until she and Scott developed a gene therapy cure with Duncan's cypher. I can't handle another season of her sick/dying.

2. More of the Clone Club working as a cohesive unit, instead of splintering off into their own storylines and not really communicating with each other. I'd even be cool with more phone calls and Skype chats to give Tatiana a break!

3. On a similar note, less drama generated by either secrecy or lack of communication, especially between characters who should probably be truthful with one another (Sarah/Siobhan - the biggest culprits, Sarah/Felix, Art/Angie, Cosima/Delphine, etc.)

4. More scenes with the characters bonding - even if it means scaling back or cutting down some storyline threads. I sometimes felt meaningful character interaction was sacrificed to the plot in season 2.

5. Let Delphine and Cosima have storylines outside of each other. They started to do this in the last three episodes of season 2, and it was great! And I say that as a "Cophine" shipper too. I love their chemistry, but isolating them together for most of the season (they were even sharing a stool in the S2 character poster, for chrissakes) did neither character any favors.

6. If Rachel does survive, I'd love more scenes with Rachel/Delphine. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I liked their dynamic. Even though she was manipulating her, Rachel just always seemed kind of, I don't know, tender with Delphine? Also, it must be weird for Delphine to hate someone so much who shares a face with the woman she loves.

7. More Scott and Cosima. But please God not in a romantic way. (It may be just me, but Scott seems to have a crush on Cosima - but who wouldn't though, right?).

8. Please no Sarah/Cal/Paul love triangle. I love that Sarah has romances with the hot guys, but I love even more that they don't define her character or her motivations.

9. Maybe integrate Alison/Donnie more into the main DYAD/Military/Prolethian storylines?

10. More Felix/Clone. Any clone!

1. More Neolutionists, preferably with visible augmentations/modifications

More shots of Duncan's notebook

Cosima and Scott science-ing

More Gracie development

Donnie finally learning the rules of gun safety and taking his @#e#$! finger off the trigger when he's not shooting

• Love 3

1) Cal to disappear and never be heard from again.  Alternatively, Cal get's a personality besides "Sara's whipped dog".  If they want me to like him, he and Sarah need to start having the trust issues they should have had this season but didn't because contrivance, he needs to have some reason to be there other than convenient babysitter when the plot calls for it and a reason to have a sex scene if they've gone too many episodes without butts or side boob, and he needs to interact with people beyond Sarah (good start in the finale, but too little too late and also had the stench of deus-ex-machina-I-found-the-solution-to-our-problems-entirely-off-screen). 

2) More concrete information about Mrs S and Paul.  The "we never know what their true motives are or what their past really holds" thing is becoming a crutch for the writers so they don't actually have to lock themselves into a specific story.  It's tedious.  Related: More Paul and Mrs S (together or separately, either way).

3) Agreed with the no more kidnapping Helena or Kira.  Again, it's becoming a crutch. 

4) Integrate Alison with the main plot.  She was way too isolated this season. This would also serve to have Donnie interact with other characters, which is something that I surprising really want now that Donnie has become more than an incompetent boob.

5) Define the motives of your antagonists.  It's a conspiracy, there can be layers we don't learn about right away, but we need more to go on than what we have because right now it's all very wishy washy and nebulous and that's not very interesting for long.

6) No more gross, creepy sex scenes with serious consent issues unless the writers and actors actually want to address those consent issues, on screen and off.

7) Don't let the male clone storyline overpower what made this show great - the truly inovative focus on women and womanhood.  I don't mind expanding the horizon, I think there are a lot of really great and important storyline's that can be explored with the inclusion of male clones.  But the three main clones should remain the focus, these new stories and issue should be told through relation to Sarah and Cosima and Alison.

• Love 4
(edited)

One thing that really annoyed me this season was the whole mystery of the Project Leda fallout. I had been a little ambivalent about its introduction in the Season 1 finale along with the reveal that Mrs. S. was not simply a foster mother with possible ties to the IRA. Then in the second season, it seemed as if most of the storyline regarding Project Leda was about it getting shut down, with people dying or not dying and someone killing them and none of this had to do with the actual clones. It may have taken up only three episodes or so, but I found it to be a serious drag with little thematic significance and a frustrating disappointment of a payoff. I don't even remember why Leekie killed Rachel's mother and I care less than the show seems to have cared. So, if Season 3 is going to give us Project Castor, I hope that it actually spends time on developing Project Castor and not derailing it with Sarah having to solve some 20-year-old mystery of someone's dead mother. Honestly, the conspiracy stuff interests me much less than the actual clone characters and the ones whom they care for.

I agree with the wish that clones actually interact more and have some involvement in each other's lives beyond short-term needs. This does not necessarily mean them all being in the same place all the time, though that would be nice. Skype and phone conversations are fine as well.

That said, if all of these clone interactions are getting too taxing on Tatiana and all others involved, maybe have more clone interaction that does NOT involve Sarah. I know that she is the protagonist, but I cannot accept that she is the focal point of the group, especially not now. I don't remember there being any on-screen interaction between clones in the first season that did not involve Sarah, and the second season had Cosima interacting with Alison and Rachel. And...that was it as far as I could remember. Not even a small little chat between Alison and Helena about Helena not killing clones anymore, which would have been nice.

And finally, no more cutting scenes and a little less ambiguity over who knows what. Even with the contract subplot dropped, I had no inkling whether either Sarah or Cosima told Alison about Dyad's dirty dealings. I had no inkling whether Sarah told either Alison or Cosima about what was going on with Helena. I have no idea what either Cosima or Alison thought of Sarah's little ruse in the season premiere. I had no idea when Sarah or Alison learned when Cosima was sick. And then there was that one scene between Cosima and Sarah that the show blatantly cut off. And then there was the scene where Cal met the other clones that got cut for the dance party. I know that there is only about 420 minutes a season to tell the story, but maybe there are other things that can be trimmed down than the actual reasons why I watch the show, like the corporate conspiracy stuff.

So, Paul, Mrs. S., and now Marion...fine...that is enough characters of frequent secret mystery twists.

Oh, and a little bit more clarity about timelines. I had no idea how long Alison had been in the musical or when the Prolethians could have contacted the Birdwatchers.

Edited by Ankai
  • Love 3

1. No more Kira in peril.

2. I want the sestras to care about Helena and hatch a plan to rescue her.

3. I want Cosima to create the cure for herself and the other clones, hopefully with Scott's and maybe Delphine's help.

4. I don't want the male clones to take over the narrative or to take screentime from the sestras (that includes Felix), Art, Donnie or even Vic.

5. Delphine needs to redeem herself and be useful for once. I like her and Cosima together, but if their relationship can't be the only thing going on for her.

6. Less Paul. Even better, no Paul.

7. I don't want more screentime for Cal, but I'd like to know why a seemingly good guy like him keeps fake IDs and weapons. I hope they do something interesting with him. By the way, even though he and Sarah have much better sexual chemistry that Plank Paul/Sarah, their relationship is still boring and I have yet to understand why he's so into her.

8. No Rachel.  

9. No more isolated sestras. I want them to work together more often.

10. It would be great if the real motivations of some key characters like Mrs. S or Marion became clear.

• Love 3

I can see this happening because dude is on like 5 different shows.

Yeah, TVLine actually had an item in their spoiler column (not actually a spoiler) which was basically, the writers want him but say he's a busy guy, which seems to indicate they haven't locked him into a contract yet.  I'm not particularly worried about getting season 3, but it's not renewed yet which means they probably can't do anything as far as locking in actors they don't already have a multiseason contract with.  I'm sure they'll go for it, but if BBCA drags their feet on renewal he may take another opportunity before they can sign him. 

1) Cosima and Scott develop a cure for her.

2) Sestras work together to save Helena. Helena gets out on her own.

3) Sarah learns to trust Mrs. S and they work together more.

4) We learn why Dyad wanted lots of little girls.

5) More Paul, less Cal.

6) No Angie or Tony. I'm undecided as to Rachel.

7) Girl clones remain the focus.

8) Felix stays integral to sestra story but also gets his own storyline.

9) Alison and Donnie continue to work together.

10) More sestra interaction and clones impersonating other clones.

11) More episodes!! :)

• Love 1

And finally, no more cutting scenes and a little less ambiguity over who knows what.

Agree 100%. In Season 1, they had a few throwaway lines about calling the other clones and getting them up to speed. There really was none of that this season. I'm sure they have to cut a lot of what they film - but sometimes it turns into a head scratcher. For example, in 2x03, Alison said to Cosima that since she was being "double monitored," that means DYAD knew that she was aware about Donnie, and that meant Cosima "definitely" couldn't trust Delphine. Huh? How would any of that have to do with Delphine? Unless there was a scene in which Cosima told Delphine that Alison suspected Donnie as her monitor, as a small test of her loyalty. Or it could just be Alison's paranoia. Just weird.

• Love 1

I think a cure for the clone illness is probably beyond Season 3. So my wish for Season 3 is that Cosima, with help from Delphine and Scott, figures out a treatment to get herself into remission, using Duncan's info. .

I want Delphine to be alive and it coincidentally turn out that Operation Castor flew Helena to an army base IN FRANKFURT and that Delphine helps break Helena out. 

I want Donnie and Alison to continue to gel as a felonious couple and pull off some kind of caper like a heist or something. 

I want Kira and Donnie and Alison's kids to meet.

I still want a video of the clones singing Wannabe by the Spice Girls.  Eye-patched Rachel would be Posh Spice. 

I want Alison to redeem herself as a community theatre person and to succesfully do a play, although I can't think of any play that would have been more perfect than Blood Ties.  I actually want to see that play.  Maybe someday they'll do it off Broadway.  Toronto is too far for me to go for that. 

• Love 3

Much of the most critical stuff has been detailed above (well done all!), and I agree with many of the most oft-repeated points, so just a few additional wishes from me:

Better hairs for Tony.

That Helena's babies survived that dancing.

I'd like to see Sarah find out that Mrs. S, Paul and Marion made the deal for Helena. No doubt assurances will be made, but I think that would turn Sarah into (even more of) a raging hellstorm.

Some better sense of the origins of the Prolethean movement. Does it exist as a reaction to the existence of Project Leda, or does it have older roots than that? How widespread is it?

A big hug for Toronto, it's about time.

A revival of Blood Ties, whether in Community or any other type of Theatre.

Don't ever let anyone go anywhere near any kind of Island.

• Love 2

I like what everyone else has written.  A few thoughts of my own:

I'd rather never see Tony again, but if he has to come back, at least make him a useful character.

More background and some explanations -- why make clones, anyway?  Must be some reason for all these people to spend money and time on this project.

Why exactly did Beth commit suicide, and why in that theatrical manner?  Sure, she was under a lot of stress, but why come unraveled at that particular time?  And right when one of her sister clones was nearby?  (although, if she hadn't offed herself right then, we wouldn't have a series!)

I'd like to see something nice happen for Felix.  He deserves it.

I don't really like backstory episodes so I'd be fine without flashbacks, but I would like to know how Beth's suicide is effecting Paul.  Theirs is the only 'romantic' relationship I find has any weight in the story to date.  I like Paul so I hope the military clone storyline actually gives him something to do aside from being enigmatic and reluctantly helpful.  The storyline seems to have moved on from Paul and Sarah, which I can accept despite my disinterest in Cal, but I do want Paul to keep his connection to Mrs. S (I enjoy their moments) and I also want him to apologise to Felix for terrifying him the way that he did.

I don't really like backstory episodes so I'd be fine without flashbacks, but I would like to know how Beth's suicide is effecting Paul.  Theirs is the only 'romantic' relationship I find has any weight in the story to date. 

Allegedly Beth committed suicide because she loved Paul and he didn't reciprocate, right?

1. More Clone Club + Felix group scenes. This season they were too isolated from one another.

2. No more Tony.

3. No more "shadowy organization turns out to be a small part of a shadowier organization that is actually a small part of an even shadowier organization". This really damaged shows like Revenge and The X-Files and others. Keep it simple, writers.

• Love 2

Allegedly Beth committed suicide because she loved Paul and he didn't reciprocate, right?

Yes, and then she figured out he was her monitor. At least that's what Sarah told Paul (and Felix) after reading her letters.

Yes, and then she figured out he was her monitor. At least that's what Sarah told Paul (and Felix) after reading her letters.

I'd like to find this out for sure.

--And to find out if Beth know about Sarah and committed suicide in front of her on purpose.  In other words, why did the story begin exactly when it did?

1.No more kidnapping Kira.

2.No more kidnapping Helena.

Word.

• Love 2

Going back to Beth's last few days would be a tricky thing. I don't know how much Sarah told the other clones about what exactly happened, but Beth essentially abandoned them without warning. Yes, Alison and Cosima knew that something was wrong with her, but I am guessing that the suicide caught both of them off guard. Again, I don't know if Sarah told them that Beth killed herself BEFORE Katja died, but that might have been a detail that she left out. The suicide took place at what could have been the absolute worst time. She was supposed to meet Katja to get the case. One could assume the meeting place would have been safer than the one that turned out to be the place where Katja died. Sure, maybe Helena could have killed both Katja and Beth at the meeting, but that does not make the decision any better. I don't remember if there was even a note to Paul. In any case, no one knew that she was dead except for two people who did not know her at all. Perhaps they would have found out had Sarah not taken her purse, but then what?

As for deliberately killing herself in front of Sarah, that would resolve the seemingly weird coincidence, but I cannot imagine that the reason for doing so would cast Beth in a less negative light. She put all of this on Sarah without providing any context or giving any message. Sarah knew absolutely nothing. Sarah could very well have left with the money and not met Katja. She could have died with Katja. The phone could have been destroyed before Cosima called. Sarah could have gotten arrested. Sarah could have not found the case or even tried looking for it in the first place. It was only through dumb luck and risky curiosity that even got Sarah to meet Cosima. I doubt that Beth had any plan. And even if she had a plan that involved Sarah, it was probably a stupid one. Yes, Beth was going through the emotional wringer, but she basically left her fellow clones to die as well.

• Love 1

I'd want to add more urgency to the story. It feels like s2 steered off in too many directions. Helena's story especially had little purpose and felt very artificial. In fact, I'd prefer if she never was resurrected in the first place.

I'd love it if the show killed off a few characters. Cal doesn't make a lot of sense (way too perfect), and as much as I like the actor, the character's too shallow to keep him for long. Either make him a villain or kill him. I personally wouldn't be against Delphine's death as well, but that's much less likely (but would shake things up and develop Cosima a lot).

It's high time to explain Siobhan's backstory and motivation. How long are the writers going to drag that out? 

I want Allison to be more relevant in the main plot, she's earned that. And more Felix/Allison, please.

• Love 1

1.) For the show to have more focus. Create suspense without adding more and more plot devices. The first season had enough to fulfill another two seasons (given the 10-episode seasons) without all the additional crap the second season brought.

2.) Finally give us some backstories and answer the questions presented in the beginning of the first season. How did Beth, Cosima, and Alison figure out the clone conspiracy and meet each other? How did they find out about Katja and the other European clones? How did Katja get the blood samples?

3.) I agree with no more Kira in peril. It's a cheap way to create tension. It's becoming the new Tell Carl To Stay In The House But He Never Does And Ends Up In Some Sort Of Trouble.

4.) I also agree with keeping the clones together instead of separating them into their own plots.

5.) No more new clones. Tony and Charlotte are completely unnecessary. There is such a thing as too many characters. 

6.) No more Rachel. She fulfilled her role as the Dragon and is no longer needed. Plus, her Infertile Myrtle baby rabies-induced psychosis is really off-putting.

7.) Stop introducing new Big Bads. There's plenty to work with.

8.) Resolve the clone illness. It's becoming yet another cheap crutch to create tension.

9.) More Felix.

10.) Get rid of DeAngelis or get her up to speed because she's just a thorn right now.

11.) Kill off Vic.

• Love 2

My first post in this area of the board, my apologies if things get rambly.

1) Get some more information on Mrs S's backstory, definitely. I get that to an extent they want to keep us guessing what "side" Siobhan is on, and what her motivations are, but I think if they end up stretching it out another season without giving us much information, it's going to start getting annoying.

2) No more kidnapping Kira/ putting Kira in danger for plot reasons generally. I know she's very important to Sarah, and in many ways it is Kira's presence that gets Sarah as involved with the clone conspiracy as she is (in early S1 to pull together the money to start a new life with her daughter, in later S1 and S2, in order to protect her from DYAD), but I feel like now that Sarah has a closer relationship with the other clones she is "invested" enough in finding out more about their past and helping her sisters that Kira doesn't need to be constantly put in danger to motivate her.

3) Bring more of the characters into the "main plot"- particularly Art and Alison, they seemed to spend a lot of time drifting around in subplots towards the end of the season, would be nice to see them have a bit more to do in S3.

4) Perhaps a bit contrary to my post above, but for Delphine to get a storyline that's at least partially independent of Cosima. I mean, I'm rooting for them to stay together (provided that Delphine really does start to respect Cosima's wishes about her treatment and her illness more), and I know that Delphine doesn't really get on with, or get to interact much with the other characters, but it would be nice to see her getting to do some stuff on her own. Maybe we can get a couple of episodes of her staying in Frankfurt and looking for information on other clones in Europe, or even of her getting back to Canada using her own wits, whatever. Something.

5) This is more of a do not want than anything else, but please, no Sarah/ Cal/ Paul love triangles, and no trying to rekindle Sarah and Paul's relationship. It's not that I'm deeply invested in Sarah and Cal's relationship (honestly, I'm pretty apathetic towards it), but I really don't see this happening without seriously straining credulity. It's pretty well established that the most important people to Sarah are Kira, Felix and, now, her fellow clones. Paul has been directly involved in framing Felix for murder, and, though Sarah doesn't know it yet, with kidnapping Helena. He sided several times in S2 with an organisation (and a person, in the form of Rachel) responsibe for keeping Cosima sick, and attempting to kidnap Kira. Yes, I know that this was because he's undercover for Project Castor and doesn't want his position compromised, and he does try and help Sarah on occasion within those boundaries, but overall, he has caused or been involved with a fair bit of suffering to people Sarah cares about. She seems pretty happy with Cal in S2 and even if that collapses, as it very well might, I don't see her turning round and forgiving Paul for his actions to the extent that she rekindles her feelings for him.

6) Slightly linked to the above, have Paul be more of an antagonistic character this season- assuming they want to keep the actor around as they did for season 2, it would give him something to do other than just sort of hovering around and being either slightly conflicted or vaguely unpleasant. Personally, I found the somewhat creepy, unsettling and potentially dangerous Paul of early S1 more compelling than slightly creepy love interest Paul of later S1 anyway XD

7) If Rachel does come back in S3, and we explore more of her past at all, it would be nice to see her fleshed out a bit beyond "Wants babies and is driven to terrible acts because she can't have them", which is a bit of a tired stereotype.

• Love 3

I really want to know what it is/was so special about the original woman and man that the respective agencies were willing to break the law and invest millions of dollars to try and replicate.  Intelligence is only partially heritable, though I suppose the chances would be much higher in a literal clone of someone.  The army clone appears to be another uniformed soldier, not an office worker which seems to be an odd place to put a multi-million dollar investment.  He could be randomly shot or KIA easily.

Edited by lion10
  • Love 1

The army clone appears to be another uniformed soldier, not an office worker which seems to be an odd place to put a multi-million dollar investment. He could be randomly shot or KIA easily.

But what would the point of a clone to do office work be? And soldiers are the "traditional" use for cloned or genetically modified humans. Especially for those who think they are less than human, so it's less of a loss than if a "real" person were in that situation to be potentially injured or killed. That part doesn't bother me at all.

But what would the point of a clone to do office work be? And soldiers are the "traditional" use for cloned or genetically modified humans. Especially for those who think they are less than human, so it's less of a loss than if a "real" person were in that situation to be potentially injured or killed. That part doesn't bother me at all.

Soldiers are the traditional use for clones in fiction but that's only if you have a lot of them and can mass produce them.  If you only had a handful, it seems like you'd want to put them in roles where they're less likely to be killed or seriously injured.  Or put them in a more specialized combat role.  "Office work" was the wrong word.  I meant more like what Rachel does.  Still probably using whatever abilities the original had in her day-to-day life but relatively out of harm's way.  But I think a lot of the reasons for why the clones are so scattered will be answered once they reveal the original people.

• Love 1

1. Stop harming Helena -- she's been damaged enough.

2. Backgrounds on Siobhan and Cal without getting overly twisty. (Yes, more Cal please, and with the reveal of his background, make him more than a convenience.)

3. Sarah could be the catalyst for #2, learning about Siobhan's involvement with Helena, and then some way that Cal steps up beyond what we've seen, which requires the reveal. -- Give Paul something interesting to do; I like his interaction with Siobhan so far.

4. As mentioned: Project Castor does not overtake the original Clone Club. More interaction and communication with the women (yes, Skype is OK, or just two together); also, Alison and Helena in with the group more.

5. More Felix - as more than errand boy or hooking up with whomever.

6. More of Helena with her sestras and with Kira, learning how to interact with people.

7. Cosima in remission at least.

8. Some more insight into Beth: She didn't seem the least bit surprised to see Sarah, but I thought Sarah was the "lost" clone that no one knew about. If it was an incredible coincidence, why wasn't she surprised? I can't really buy that it was planned -- there were so many ways it could have gone wrong; Sara might have taken a different train, walked the other way, etc. Maybe it was weariness at that point - "Another one? Oh. Too late for me." She just seemed committed to suicide before Sarah even got in range. Plus, Beth's back was to her until the last moment. Anyway -- more insight.

9. The whole Neolutionist faction got rather dropped -- what's their part, how are they part of the larger group? (And let that be the extent of the corporate twistiness.)

10. More Art; no more Angie; Vic... wrap it up. The rehab angle was good but more would feel like a stretch. A one-off maybe, where he does something to genuinely help Sarah and really settle things, and then that's it.

Man, it's been ages since the season ended, and still ages to go!

• Love 1

I'm up to ep 2.7, so these may change when I finish the season. Some are also not very original, but here we go:

3. Giving the clones a shared storyline. What I like the most are the clone's relationship with each other, so it gets tiresome to see them all doing their thing separately. The clone party and sweet Cosima/Sarah scene in the finale are totally my favorite scenes in the series.

4. Please stop fucking Helena up. Poor girl has been through enough.

5. The reveal that everyone is a double agent or something is getting tiresome, so maybe less of that.

6. Paul can go.

7.Vic can go.

8. Art's partner can go.

9. More Cosima/Sarah. They are my favorite clones so together they are even more awesome.

10. More Alison and Felix.

11. Donny can go.

12. More Sarah and Kira's dad. He seems like a good guy and it could be a nice love story. He's certainly more charismatic than Paul to me.

13. More of Helena and Sarah. That's another relationship I love.

Have been re-watching Season One with a friend who is watching for the first time.  She grew up in Toronto and I've been there many times.  Both of us wish we could recognize the city once in awhile...is there some reason why TPTB are keeping it such a secret where the action is taking place?  Note that the accents of most of the supporting actors, the city 'residents', sound like west-coast or PNW Americans.  Definitely not the distinctive accent of Ontario.  Maybe that's what they want, for it to be anywhere...Seattle, Vancouver, probably not Portland (too big a skyline for that city).  Vancouver's east side definitely has some Felix-worthy architecture & graffiti.   But it really is Toronto, eh?  So I'd love for them to just say so.

• Love 1

Apparently, it's supposed to be an "international" show, i.e. aimed at audiences mainly in the US, UK and Canada. So it's set in "Generica" officially, presumably because TPTB are afraid that setting the show officially in Toronto would scare non-Canadian viewers away or something weird like that. 

My wish list for season 3:

- Agree on no more abductions, that's getting old fast. If you need some sort of danger for your characters, do something new. 

- Also agree on more clone interaction, especially between the main Clone Club members. 

- More Alison and Felix, my favorite pairing by far! Also, let her (and Donnie) interact more with the others.

- Other pairings I want to see more of: Sarah/Art: I thought they had nice chemistry and it makes perfect sense plot-wise.

Rachel/Cosima: I like the contrast between Rachel's icy demeanor and Cosima's natural warmth. Plus they make sense together given their science background and both could have an interest in cracking the DNA/finding a cure, should Rachel also start to show symptons (wich I fully expect, if only to re-allign her more towards the clones). 

- Speaking of Rachel: I'd like to see some sort of alliance with the other clones. I don't mean insta-heel-face-turn, but it could be a nice storyline if she allies herself with the Clone Club vs the military/DYAD/whatever at some point. Also, eye patch! Maybe those techno white eyes would be more fitting, but she has to sport an eye patch at least a couple of episodes until her Neolutionist eye is ready.

- The creators said they had a three-season-arc mapped out from the beginning, so I want to see some sort of resolution. Stop introducing more and more mysteries without cleaning up some of the existing ones before. Especially how Mr. S and Paul (and also Marion/Marian?) fit in this whole conspiracy. 

- Better non-clone villains in general. Helena and Rachel were great, the others... not so much. Those Proletheans were creepy, but also pretty pathetic as far as TV villains go. Leeky may have been a good antagonist, but hardly a real threat. The military/DYAD angle is much more promising. 

- Give new!Daario his own agenda or alternatively write him out altogether. He's more of a plot device than an actual character at this point. 

• Love 1

I want this to be the season of (pardon me) Diaboli-Cal. Give the man a plot, and please make him evil. Paul continues to bore me but so long as he's pleasant to gaze at he can stay on the show. I suspect his Army plot will be as dull as his henchman plot.

I'm still not over the fact that Felix isn't the clone. (Of course with Leda, there should have been two boys and two girls, and it should have been Project Helen or project Clytemnestra. And, of course, it would open the possibility of Project Polydeuces because Pollux is too boring to say.) It would have given him and Allison one more thing to bond over. Now that Allison and Donny have reconciled, Felix needs fresh new plot goodies to keep him relevant.

I'm hoping that Tony *never* returns and for some reason, I *adore* Vic. I think it's the actor and not the character. So I'd like to see more of that.

My favorite part of S2 was Cosima on Aunt duty with Kira. ("You did science!") I hope there's a lot more of that, maybe with babyclone as well.

• Love 2

I definitely agree with a lot of what everyone above as stated. For me specifically I'd like:

1. Cure Cosima. Cosima cannot die! I'd love to see Cosima use Ethan's notes and Helena's babies to find a cure.

2. more of the clones interacting with each other and not only with Sarah. Would really love to get Cosima/Alison/Helena/Rachel (if she survivied) combinations (not all together but in some shape or form, like Alison/Cosima, Alison/Helena, Cosima/Rachel, etc.), even if only via skype and phone calls.

3. Bring Delphine back- and make her mor integral with characters other than Cosima.

4. More Alison/Felix

5. Male clones dont overshadow Clone Club. We already have Sarah, Alison, Cosima, Helena, and Felix. Then there's Rachel (maybe?), Charlotte and the others who are interesting (Mrs. S, Kira, Delphine, Marion). I love the idea of male clones, but i dont want them stealing screen time from the characters we already sortof know.

6. Real answers about DYAD, Topside, and Project Castor. In fact real answers in general. I want to know about Siobhan, Marion, who the original is for Project Leda and Project Castor. Why the original(s) were important enough to be used in cloning. Does the sickness stem from the original, the process of cloning, or the synthetic genome in their DNA? Were the original(s) sick? Are clone club and the male clones related or just similar in nature (the fact that their clones)

7. Baby clone (Charlotte) meeting her big sisters (not just Sarah); Charlotte meeting Kira

8. Kira meeting Allison's kids; Allison's kids meeting their "aunties"

9. No more kidnapping Kira or Helena, it's starting to get old

10. Either give Cal an actual personality/storyline or cut his screen time, same with Paul

11. Donnie becoming important now that he's in the loop.

12. We know Cosima has an ID code (324B21), and we're assuming all of them do (its how they keep track of each clone and differentiate), but since Sarah and Helena are accidents (identical twins), do they share the same ID number?

Obviously, I won't get it all, however, I hope at least some of these will be featured in season 3, especially Cosima's cure, Clone Club interactions, question answer, baby clone, and Delphine.

• Love 7

1. Scenes between Alison and Cosima. They've been in Clone Club the longest, felt the deaths of Katja and Beth the most, but we don't really get to see them interact. 

2. Scenes between Alison and Rachel. Just....please. Please please please.

3. Get Cosima out of the lab more. I feel like she's the least developed, least used of the clones.

4. Stop making Alison the comic relief. There were several scenes where her reactions seemed less genuine and more designed to get laughs. Tatiana Maslany is great at comedy, and Alison is hilarious, but explore her more.

5. Stop using Alison's alcoholism as a punchline.

6. Do not focus too much on the male clones. I'd rather continue to explore Felix and Art than bring in 6 new white male (all or nearly all of whom will likely be straight) characters who seem to be mostly grunting military types. If this show has thus far been a commentary on women's right/liberation then what are the Castor Clones? 

7. More Felix/Alison and Alison/Sarah. Alison sticks out like a sore thumb in Clone Club so I was happy to see the others grow closer to her, defend her, learn to appreciate her.

8. Stop making the Felix/Alison scenes all about Felix being there for Alison. Alison is a considerate, nurturing person and there's no reason she couldn't direct some of that toward Felix.

9. Give Felix a love interest or something important outside of Clone Club.

10. More harcore Siobhan.

11. Do not skip over/ignore the fact that Rachel sexually assaulted Paul.

12. Actually deal with the consequences of Helena's upbringing and her psychological issues rather than just using them for humor.

Edited by slf
  • Love 3

5.) No more new clones. Tony and Charlotte are completely unnecessary. There is such a thing as too many characters.

1.) through 100.)  No male clones.  Drop that plot

There are plenty of interesting established characters that can be the focus of an episode when Tatiana needs a breather.

Apparently, it's supposed to be an "international" show, i.e. aimed at audiences mainly in the US, UK and Canada. So it's set in "Generica" officially, presumably because TPTB are afraid that setting the show officially in Toronto would scare non-Canadian viewers away or something weird like that. 

Yep, apparently this is it exactly which is hilarious because I, and other Americans, notice that the show (and others like Lost Girl) is set in Canada. Like...that's obviously not America. La Femme Nikita was very popular here, too, and not in spite of it being believed to have been set in Canada*- it wasn't a factor either way. Do the Canadian tv execs not get that? It's a little...hhmm. I mean, if we were talking about Russia, China, Iran, etc., I might get why they'd decide it would be 'safer' to be coy. But it's Canada. Canadians do not experience discrimination (no, eh jokes don't count) or anything that would make this understandable. No one cares! Canada is pretty!

*I know it was set in Paris, but that wasn't revealed until the third or fourth season. Until that, everyone figured Section One was in Canada.

- Agree on no more abductions, that's getting old fast. If you need some sort of danger for your characters, do something new.

God, yes. This show is almost as bad as The Blacklist when it comes to abducting characters. There's enough danger what with the assassins, government and military conspiracies, rival clones, illegal experiments, and everything else- abduction is a little played out, at least for the next season.

From the season 3, episode 3 thread:

The show was so damned good and so unique in season 1. Now, there are just too many other shows whose creators have a very firm hold on their canon/mythology—or if they're faking it, they do a better job (see: Better Call Saul). And OB suffers by comparison. They need someone to get in there with some tough love and nail a show bible the hell down. The Art/Beth thing was beyond cringe-worthy. [The reveal retcon that Art was in love with Beth.] There was no intimacy in the way he treated her in S1, [nor in the way he treated Sarah when he thought she was Beth,] and I wasn't even paying enough attention to know why the scene called for that declaration.

This is my wish—stat!

(edited)

I was thinking about it, and the only characters introduced after S1 who I'm interested in are Ethan Duncan - their creator - and Marian Bowles - one of the higher-ups for the group that made them and who has one of them as a daughter.

Alas, Ethan's dead and Marian's too busy on The Returned/Powers/Mockingjay to appear on this season, so we've been stuck with a whole bunch of people I don't care about taking up screentime that could be better spent on either Maslanys or other cool S1 people.

So...do something about that, writers. Burn down all the riffraff.

Edited by jjjmoss
(edited)

Let's check what wishes were granted.

3. Don't replace kidnapping Kira with kidnapping one of the new children/babies

We got one abduction in Sarah, but I can live with that. If we want to keep a sense of danger, but no members of Clone Club killed, something's gotta give.

1. Delphine actually comes back on-screen and isn't banished to Frankfurt forever. Their love story is the only one on the show and it would bother me to have it taken away or replaced by another love interest for Cosima. 

2. The guy clones don't take over the storyline. There's plenty of story left without the Castor Clones stomping around on the ten episodes we get.

1. Partially fulfilled. Delphine was back on-screen, but gone for good now. At least Shay seems to be a worthy successor.

2. Also a mixed bag. They did take over for a couple of episodes, but were starting to get killed off one-by-one pretty soon and now we're back to Marc being the only one (and I don't mind him, he can stay around). Could've been way worse.

I want to know who the originals are!!  Whose DNA did they use for Project Leda and Castor?  How did they decided?  Was the original female a doctor or someone in the organization - to me it makes sense because the women are smart - and the original male a high ranking officer?  Not to say the males aren't smart.  I'm just going from what we've seen so far and while Mark shows he's got some brains there, there's an intelligence with the women.

That clearly counts as fulfilled. The hermaphrodite explanation was odd, but whatever.

I want to meet Cosima's parents.  And Allison's.  I want to know how they came to be their parents and if they were in the dark or involved somehow in the conspiracy.  And also just because I can't wait to see what kind of people raised those two polar opposite clones. 

Sadly, nothing on Cosima's behalf, but at least we got Alison's mom. Her dad doesn't seem to be super relevant, so I'll settle for that for now.

1. Cure Cosima quickly. Maybe they'll do a time jump and we'll find in the S3 premiere that she's all better b/c she used the stem cells from Helena's embryos to sustain her until she and Scott developed a gene therapy cure with Duncan's cypher. I can't handle another season of her sick/dying.

2. More of the Clone Club working as a cohesive unit, instead of splintering off into their own storylines and not really communicating with each other. I'd even be cool with more phone calls and Skype chats to give Tatiana a break!

3. On a similar note, less drama generated by either secrecy or lack of communication, especially between characters who should probably be truthful with one another (Sarah/Siobhan - the biggest culprits, Sarah/Felix, Art/Angie, Cosima/Delphine, etc.)

5. Let Delphine and Cosima have storylines outside of each other. They started to do this in the last three episodes of season 2, and it was great! And I say that as a "Cophine" shipper too. I love their chemistry, but isolating them together for most of the season (they were even sharing a stool in the S2 character poster, for chrissakes) did neither character any favors.

1. Partially fulfilled. She's still sick, but has improved a lot and a cure is still in sight once they can retrieve Duncan's book, plus material from the original will help.

2 + 3. There was definitely more interaction than last year. Also stuff like Cosima being involved in Alison's storyline was great. Communication however, was still iffy. We never saw Alison finding out about Sarah's abduction by the military and Cosima's way of dealing with keeping the book secret from Delphine wasn't very smart. But overall, I think the show improved in that regard.

5. A yes on Cosima's part and an undecided "hmm" on Delphine's behalf. We got to see Delphine interact more with other people, but it felt like half of those scenes were with Shay.

1. More Neolutionists, preferably with visible augmentations/modifications

We got Dr. Nealon and his robot worm, plus the general Neolutionist comeback. Another yes.

1) Cal to disappear and never be heard from again.  Alternatively, Cal get's a personality besides "Sara's whipped dog".  If they want me to like him, he and Sarah need to start having the trust issues they should have had this season but didn't because contrivance, he needs to have some reason to be there other than convenient babysitter when the plot calls for it and a reason to have a sex scene if they've gone too many episodes without butts or side boob, and he needs to interact with people beyond Sarah (good start in the finale, but too little too late and also had the stench of deus-ex-machina-I-found-the-solution-to-our-problems-entirely-off-screen).

4) Integrate Alison with the main plot.  She was way too isolated this season. This would also serve to have Donnie interact with other characters, which is something that I surprising really want now that Donnie has become more than an incompetent boob.

5) Define the motives of your antagonists.  It's a conspiracy, there can be layers we don't learn about right away, but we need more to go on than what we have because right now it's all very wishy washy and nebulous and that's not very interesting for long.

1. Close. No personality gained, but he did get a bit of back story and was put on a bus for almost the entire season.

4. She didn't get much to do in terms of the Castor plot, but overall I think they did a good job on the more interactions side. Alison giving another poor Sarah impression was great, as was Cosima's even worse performance as Alison. Starting the debate with "As a lesbian..." was one of the highlights of the season. But the best idea was to make Helena move in.

5. That's a no. We did get to know a little bit of Castor, but that was pretty stupid. Whatever the grand master plan of the Neolutionists is, we didn't get to see it and I'm kind of glad, because I expect that to be equally moronic.

2.) Finally give us some backstories and answer the questions presented in the beginning of the first season. How did Beth, Cosima, and Alison figure out the clone conspiracy and meet each other? How did they find out about Katja and the other European clones? How did Katja get the blood samples?

6.) No more Rachel. She fulfilled her role as the Dragon and is no longer needed. Plus, her Infertile Myrtle baby rabies-induced psychosis is really off-putting.

9.) More Felix.

10.) Get rid of DeAngelis or get her up to speed because she's just a thorn right now.

11.) Kill off Vic.

2. I don't think it matters all that much of how it happened. Which is why we didn't get an explanation this season and probably never will, but technically I'll count that as a no.

5. Another no, but I'm quite happy with that one. Krystal seems to be a great addition. Agree about Tony and Charlotte, though.

6. I liked her story this year, for the first time being in a vulnerable position and her reaction to it seemed believable. But your wish, so it's a no.

9. Another no, sadly. Although judging from interviews, I'm hopeful he'll get more to do next season.

10. She seems to be gone for good.

11. Same, although still alive.

- Speaking of Rachel: I'd like to see some sort of alliance with the other clones. I don't mean insta-heel-face-turn, but it could be a nice storyline if she allies herself with the Clone Club vs the military/DYAD/whatever at some point. Also, eye patch! Maybe those techno white eyes would be more fitting, but she has to sport an eye patch at least a couple of episodes until her Neolutionist eye is ready.

My own wish has been largely granted. That alliance sort-of happened, although Rachel didn't keep her end of the bargain. Eye patch and techno eye totally happened, I'm happy with that.

4. Stop making Alison the comic relief. There were several scenes where her reactions seemed less genuine and more designed to get laughs. Tatiana Maslany is great at comedy, and Alison is hilarious, but explore her more.

10. More harcore Siobhan.

4. Only partially fulfilled, but I think they did a nice job there. Sure, the tone still was vastly different from the rest of the show, but Alison did get some character work with her mom, Jason and the trustee plot in general.

10. If threatening to burn/kill/dissolve your mom in acid isn't hardcore, I don't know what is.

I didn't count, but I think that's a decent outcome. A lot of wishes have been granted, at least to some degree. Biggest issue of the season was obviously the heavy amount of Caster and male clones, but at least that plot was far more interesting than the Prolethean plot from last season, albeit with an equally stupid motivation behind it. The show managed to go in the right direction regarding the disconnected story lines of the Leda clones, which was one of the biggest problem of season 2 and thankfully avoided to rely on too many abductions. Now give Art and Felix more to do and find a not completely idiotic motivation for the Neolutionists and season 4 could be really great.

Edited by Conan Troutman
  • Love 3
(edited)

My wishlist for season 4:

• More clone interactions (even if over the phone/on Skype)
  • Krystal to become part of clone club
  • Some mention of how Tony's managed to stay out of trouble (Dyad do know he exists, right?)
  • More Beth, somehow
  • Delphine is still alive and her shooter purposely didn't try to kill her (when will characters learn, if you want someone dead then you shoot them in the head).
  • Cosima to get her own place - Scott's had time to find an apartment, decorate it & get a cat
  • Rachel to have a scene with a clone that isn't Cosima or Sarah
  • Helena's baby's stem cells saves Cosima somehow but the baby dies in the process
  • Another Helena & Gemma scene
  • Absolutely no Castors or Proletheans showing up
  • Cosima having non-Dyad storylines
  • Alison's storylines being connected to everyone else
  • Meet Cosima's parents
  • No more shady organisations or secret spies within Topside working for another organisation
  • Mrs S & Sarah continuing to have a good relationship
  • Killing off Kendall - as entertaining as she was insulting everyone, as long as she's alive there's going to be someone searching for her
  • Kira meeting Alison's kids or Alison's mum

I think that list is probably long enough for the moment.

ETA: Mrs S giving Rachel a hug

Edited by godonlyknows

Mine

*Rachel playing mom to Charlotte. That would be interesting to see.

*Getting to know Cosima more. I feel like I don't know anything about her.

*Clearing up some stuff from the beginning, like what happened with Beth's body (did her family ever know), how did Katja know everything, what was the deal with Maggie Chan (how did Beth know about her, I mean, and was she someone important?).... I think there's still stuff in the air.

*Donnie and Allison being incorporated into the main plot, PLEASE. They can have their occasional suburbia little one episode contained plot, but no more having entire season arcs that amount to nothing and makes it feel like they're in another show.

*Rachel not going all evil, please.

*Definitely more clone interactions.

*Someone please tell me whether Helena's "babies" are okay. Doesn't someone have to change the container or something?

*Helena and kids.

*Krystal in clone club! But please, don't kill any Leda to make space for her.

*The Neolutionists as antagonists, but only them. No more overtly convoluted stuff, please.

ETA: Mrs S giving Rachel a hug

Yeess! Hell, Mrs S and/or any other of the seestras.

• Love 1