Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Lady Calypso

S21.E10: Power of Veto #3

4 hours ago, Gregg247 said:

I get tired of people always calling everyone who disagrees with them a "bully", but last night's episode.....wow.  That was tough to watch.  Bella and the rest should be ashamed of themselves for that mob-mentality attack.  Tommy at least seemed to recognize it (though it didn't change his attitude at all, aside from a --temporary-- guilty conscience).

Maybe afterwards - but during the Noxious 9 dogpile...?  Play close attention to the very end of one of the HoH Room clips, and you’ll see and hear Tommy jumping in to add his own personal turd to the shitheap; TPTB cut away before we got Tommy’s full contribution, but just enough of a sliver slipped past in the editing room to make it clear Tommy was contributing his own fair share.  So don’t rush to give Tommy TOO much credit.

4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

For example, Nicole was kind of circling the point of saying it was a lie she said they were bullies but she never managed to articulate it in any meaningful way. 

Well, let’s be fair; We the Viewers had a helluva lot more information to work off of than Nicole.  All Nicole knew was (a) her words had been misrepresented, and (b) Bella came downstairs dumping on Nicole, repeating the lies, and taking off in a huff.  Unfortunately, none of this did anything to illuminate to Nicole the source of the lies/distortions - which was actually Anal, with a healthy “silent partner” assist from Holly.  

Look back at the earlier BR conversation which was aired; when Nicole complained to Anal and Holly about feeling “interrogated”, it was Anal who responded by saying Nick and Bella were bullying Nicole - but later in the HoH BR when Nick & Bella reacted so extremely to the “bullies” tag, Anal immediately went into Operation CYA by pinning the bulky reference on Nicole.

So - with no knowledge of (a) how the HoH convo actually went or (b) exactly who was distorting exactly what, how could Nicole respond in anything approaching an effective manner?  IMHO Nicole responded in the only way she could think to; regardless of who started the lie, at present it was Bella repeating it over and over - so Nicole went after Bella, and not undeservedly so.

• Like 5

This was the only episode I was really interested in, so I'll stick around. It's GOTTA get interesting when the ridiculous alliance implodes and they have to turn on each other, right?

Eh, not really. At this point it seems like a given that Nick and Bella will be the first 2 to go. I suppose that will seem somewhat satisfying in light of this most recent episode but we've got a LONG way to go. 

They're both idiots, not that they are unique in that regard. Regardless of whether or not Nicole was telling the truth about Michey saying he wanted them to go on the block, what is the point of confronting him about it? Did they honestly expect anyone to admit to such a thing if it were true? How dumb are they? Maybe you just sit on that info and keep it in your back pocket. 

So - with no knowledge of (a) how the HoH convo actually went or (b) exactly who was distorting exactly what, how could Nicole respond in anything approaching an effective manner?

She could be less scattered and zero in on one point to make. The same goes for Bella and, last week, Kemi. All they are doing is a verbal equivalent of stream of consciousness. They just blather without ever making a coherent point.

In this particular case: "I did not cal you bullies. Who told you that?" 

Period. Put the question back on Bella and say nothing further.

Edited by iMonrey

I would willingly leave if get evicted rather than dealing with this stuff. I'm black and overweight so I'm sure I would be in the loser pile regardless of whatever else I got going on and I wouldn't want to be involved with those chuckleheads. But, I wouldn't put up with their bullshit either.

Edited by Racj82
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I was thinking the same thing.  Last season I was not really all that attracted to Kaitlyn.  I mean I did not think she was unattractive or anything. 

But tonight I was like wow she looks amazing.

17 hours ago, green said:

BB19 was horrible because of Paul.  But this season has gotten to the point where it is like having nine Pauls in the house all at once.

10 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Listening to Taran Armstrong this morning solidified my opinion that Ovi going upstairs to protest the way they were bullying Nicole was one of the most touching things I've ever seen a houseguest do. Unlike Bella's parents, I'll bet Ovi's parents were incredibly proud of him too. And Nicole's parents as well. 

I'm in the minority that I liked Paul. He manipulated a lot of people but I honestly don't remember him actually bullying people. I'd love to see Paul chew the H8ful up and spit them out. I'd rather see 8 Pauls than any of these losers.

Ovi has more character in his little pinky than those 9 others have put together. I didn't think about Ovi much before this, but now have a whole new level of respect for him. Gold star to his parents for raising such a fine young man.

8 hours ago, misokinesia said:

Last night bordered on S15 rage for me, watching Bella bully Nicole. Yes, Bella, you’re a BULLY.

I feel awful for Nicole but take some comfort in that she knows the truth and doesn't need to stoop to Bella’s level and scream it in their faces. Oh, but what I wouldn't give to rip into those snot-nosed little shits! 🤣

Amen! Amen! Amen! My heart broke for Nicole by the cowards and would love to slap them in their collective noggins.

7 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Tommy seems to be constantly putting on a performance.

Tommy thinks he's still on Broadway and/or looking for a job after the show. Little does he know, no one cares about him. Not the cast, not the audience.

6 hours ago, greyflannel said:

That's how I was left feeling as well. I was pissed at the mob mentality gleefulness of the hateful 8 trashing their latest victim, sickened at the smug entitlement and intimidation pouring out of Jack in the SR and just plain sad at the treatment of Nicole. These people have sucked the joy out of BB for me, and that stinks.

I will repeat, they are all cowards. The h8ful won't do anything without checking with the others. Jack yelling for yellings sake was just too stupid for words.

4 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

I would have LOVED to see one or more of the "outcasts" just walk into the big meeting room and plop themselves down. It's not like Jack or anyone else can physically retaliate. Heck, have Ovi and Nicole and whoever just chase Gr8ful from room to room. The comedy value would be off the charts.

That woul have been perfect! I wish they'd done that.

2 hours ago, green said:

Except you just know CBS will cover-up and just do something like send backstage employees out to be the audience with instructions to cheer loudly.

Same with looking forward to seeing these bullies and racists implode and turn on each other.  Sure they have to but by then they will be the only ones left at the rate it is going so one of them will walk away with half a mil before taxes.

Best thing to do to get revenge for this horror is send letters -- printed ones on actual paper grab far more attention -- to the sponsors demanding this show stop casting bigots and bullies or you are going to stop buying their products.  Bottom line is the only thing Grodner and CBS cares about.  Lose sponsors and you lose money.

I hope we all innundate CBS with letters to show how truly awful these people are. Won't the H8ful be surprised at homw H8ted they are once they are evicted and read about themselves?

Edited by sunshine23 · Reason: forgot information
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Nashville said:

later in the HoH BR when Nick & Bella reacted so extremely to the “bullies” tag, Anal immediately went into Operation CYA by pinning the bulky reference on Nicole.

Typos That Amuse Me, #1001:  Obviously, Nashville meant "bully" here (the "k" and the "l" being keyboard neighbors), but the typo works, too.  The false accusation against her has indeed proven large and cumbersome, whatever happens tonight (I haven't watched, yet).

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

3 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

Typos That Amuse Me, #1001:  Obviously, Nashville meant "bully" here (the "k" and the "l" being keyboard neighbors), but the typo works, too.  The false accusation against her has indeed proven large and cumbersome, whatever happens tonight (I haven't watched, yet).

Yeah, autocorrect can kiss my country-bred ass.