Type keyword(s) to search

Daytime Emmys: This Year, It's Actually on TV…Oops, Spoke Too Soon

• Start Topic

I might have to reverse my percentage from 80/20. When I rewatched her win online, I noticed everything that I missed on my ancient TV, like the huge glass on the table lol. Lots of interesting/fun stuff that I missed too, (Dom sitting next to her and rubbing her shoulders, IB smiling and clapping like a loon, her grabbing on to Bryan). But I liked her acceptance speech a lot, lots of people did from what I saw elsewhere. I do love that she loves Ava as much as I do.

• Love 2

Oh Lord.  You know, there was a time I went out drinking with coworkers, and, unknown to me at that time, I had a blood disorder and was down to around less than half the "normal" hemoglobin count.  When I found out later what was going on, we joked that I had an alcohol blood count instead of a blood alcohol count, because I was drunk.  But I was not as incoherent and unable to remain upright as Maura is there.  Yeesh.  Did she just not think she had a shot at winning, so she just got plastered all night?  I'm mortified for her.  Whatever she had in that bottle in her hand, it should have been coffee.  Strong, strong coffee.  

Did she just not think she had a shot at winning, so she just got plastered all night? 

I think that was it. Or maybe she was sick and didn't realize. That happened to me a couple of months ago, I went out and had a heavy beer and felt way too drunk even for a beer with high content and it turned out I had a 102 degree fever.

It wasn't cool of Fairman to put that up, honestly. I mean, MW doesn't do/say anything THAT embarrassing (although I skipped some of the middle) but really, there was no reason for him to put that except that he wanted to show people how Maura whispered in his ear that she loved and adored him.

I think that was it. Or maybe she was sick and didn't realize. That happened to me a couple of months ago, I went out and had a heavy beer and felt way too drunk even for a beer with high content and it turned out I had a 102 degree fever.

It wasn't cool of Fairman to put that up, honestly. I mean, MW doesn't do/say anything THAT embarrassing (although I skipped some of the middle) but really, there was no reason for him to put that except that he wanted to show people how Maura whispered in his ear that she loved and adored him.

I'm sure that was his motive. "Look how much she adores me!  She's hanging all over me telling me how much she loves me!  I'm cool!!"  If Carolyn Hinsey had a video like that of a drunk Thorsten Kaye, she would have tweeted the link to it every week for a year. "Hey, everyone, look!"  

• Love 3

Eh, Maura got drunk at an event honoring her industry. She probably wasn't driving nor watching kids. She gives it her all in every performance, is well-liked by her peers, and by all accounts a consumate professional. I'm just sorry she didn't toss her lunch all over that douche canoe.

• Love 3

Eh, Maura got drunk at an event honoring her industry. She probably wasn't driving nor watching kids. She gives it her all in every performance, is well-liked by her peers, and by all accounts a consumate professional. I'm just sorry she didn't toss her lunch all over that douche canoe.

I don't think it's a big deal. I just don't think it was cool of Fairman to put it up. Was it that embarrassing? No, but I'm sure Maura isn't too thrilled that he put it up. Like I said, the only reason I think he thought it was usable was Maura told him he was cool.

• Love 1

I love Maura and I don't judge her, but she was trashed beyond belief and IMO should not have been on-camera. I think it's hilarious, but I just wish someone had gotten her out of there sooner. I also wish Fairman hadn't put her on-camera just to puff up his little site.

• Love 5

She's definitely drunk but not slurring badly and not inarticulate, she's overly emotional, and repetitive.  He could have edited that and it would have been an okay piece, but to put it out there like that seems unfair to me.  I didn't feel like I was watching a trainwreck, more like I was watching something that was meant to be more private and intimate and not for the whole world to see.

• Love 2

I didn't even know the Daytime Emmy's had happened until I saw a posting about it on Facebook after the fact.  That being said I am probably overly thrilled that Chad Duell won!  He so deserved it!  I am also happy Maura West won.  Everyone else, meh.

I'm sure that was his motive. "Look how much she adores me! She's hanging all over me telling me how much she loves me! I'm cool!!" If Carolyn Hinsey had a video like that of a drunk Thorsten Kaye, she would have tweeted the link to it every week for a year. "Hey, everyone, look!"

I can't stand her.

Anyone know yet whether this year's emmy awards will be televised? 

If not, should we update the header?

It'll probably be shown via Go Pro cameras mounted to BryDog and Kelly, and streamed via some pay online service to fund their wedding. 

• Love 8

Anyone know yet whether this year's emmy awards will be televised? 

It will be broadcast on Nathan Varni's periscope. Links to the feed will be sent out via twitter and facebook. After the show he'll go on multiple podcasts to discuss the winners and losers. 

• Love 3

It will be broadcast on Nathan Varni's periscope. Links to the feed will be sent out via twitter and facebook. After the show he'll go on multiple podcasts to discuss the winners and losers. 

I hope it airs on a Sunday. Because that's NLG's night to get smashed and talk shit about television specials and awards shows.

Edited after reading dubbel zout's post to say:

YES!!!!!!

I couldn't find anything about the ceremony except it will happen on Sunday, May 1. They haven't even found a venue.

They're probably waiting to see who's nominated and willing to throw it in their backyard.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 6

It's sad how far daytime has fallen. I remember when even the Soap Opera Digest Awards were televised, and had decent production values. Stupid Austin from Days yelling "Whoo!" at the top of his lungs while Ingo and Shemar tried not to look embarrassed...good times. Then just a few years later I was reading about an unheated ballroom, and one of the Olsen twins having a roach in her food. 

2016 Nominees (GH actors in bold):

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series

Tracy Bregman
Kasse de Pavia
Mary Beth Evans
Finola Hughes
Maura West

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series
Tyler Christopher
Anthony Geary

Justin Hartley
Christian LeBlanc
Kristoff St. John
Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
Laura Lee Bell
Lindsey Godrfrey
Melissa Reeves
Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
Shawn Blakemore
Steve Burton
Jacob Young
Dominic Zampronia
Outstanding Younger Actress in a Drama Series
Reign Edwards
Hunter King
True O’Brien
Ashlyn Pearce
Brooklyn Rae Silzer
Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series
Nicholas Bechtel
Bryan Craig

Max erich
Pierson Fode
Tequan Richmond

I'm really shocked that Maura got a nom. Her material was such crap. Hopefully Fin takes the category, she deserves it. Laura Wright should have been in there too, but I guess they didn't want to reward a one-off performance or something like that.

Ugh, Anthony Geary.

Getting out my popcorn for Bryan's reaction when he loses again.

• Love 2
Frank must really be torn in the BryDog vs. Spencer match up.

oh, I definitely think in his heart of hearts he's rooting for Nicholas. Either is a GH win and imo he was only pimping Bryan so hard is because he thought Bryan had a much better chance of a nomination/winning. Meanwhile Frank is all "who?" about the best actor from the show in this category.

The outcome of more Spencer is not worth it.

I don't think it will make much difference in his airtime. The only reason he's not on so much now is he's actually getting other jobs.

What the fuck did Sean Blackmore do?

Sean had that episode where he told TJ he shot the dad.

Laura Wright should have DEFINITELY been on there. Too bad.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
I imagine Tyler submitted the scenes after Spencer was burned in the fire. I remember one really good scene, but that was it. Kind of ridiculous that that's all it takes.

Dom, I have no clue.

I think Dominic probably submitted the episode where Lulu comes home from Canada. I hope it was the one that came after that because I remember thinking he was a little too yell-y and the next day he was pretty good, especially the end where he realizes he's the only one who cheated and kinda slumps over in shame and at the end of the episode he said, "I'm the one that needs forgiveness."

Also I doubt he submitted it, but he was also really good in the episode from last January where he's trapped in the basement - the moment where he's on the phone with Luke and Luke starts talking like Dante is badmouthing Lulu and you can see Dante tear up but realizes there's nothing he can do about it and then at the end of that episode where he's saying goodbye and he thinks the whole house is going to blow up, instead of just the basement!

• Love 6

Emmy worthy, though? Eh. Then again, I have an EXTREMELY UO on a nom that I won't share. I may just be Debbie Downer right now.

Don't mention it if you're not gonna share it :p it torments me!

This is the day I thought DZ was good

Emmy worthy, I dunno, I just thought it was good/he tried, unlike the Haunted Star reveal and everything that came after that.

Edited by ulkis

Don't mention it if you're not gonna share it :p it torments me!

I'm not ready to drop this hot take. I'm sure I'll say it if this person wins, though.

Aw. Kim.

@whitewatercrew: I'm so proud of my TV daughter for getting a well deserved Emmy nod! Congrats you lovely little creature. Oy- I'm gonna cry.

so they finally came to their senses and realized no one wants to see the garbage they've put together the last couple of years? I really hope TR wins the younger actor category. Or someone from another soap. ANYONE but BC!

And what the hell did Tracey Bregman do that was Emmy worthy? She's barely even been seen!

Geary will probably take home the statue again. You know, one last hurrah.

• Love 1

I'm not ready to drop this hot take. I'm sure I'll say it if this person wins, though.

I'm thinking Maura West! Not asking, but just writing it down so if it IS her, I can go back here and point out that I guessed. :D God, I'm such a gossip whore. (I can call myself a whore, right?)

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Literally every actor in the Supporting Actor category has been on GH at one point or another. That's hilarious.

Bryan needs to lose so we can have fun.

I wonder if being on that OJ show now will help NB's chances, LOL.

GO FIN! She should submit her live scenes when Anna shot Carlos. 

• Love 2

I'm thinking Maura West! Not asking, but just writing it down so if it IS her, I can go back here and point out that I guessed. :D God, I'm such a gossip whore. (I can call myself a whore, right?)

K, it's noted. ;)

I don't think the opinion is unpopular.

Omg, ok. That image happened. Must process. Until then...

Michael Fairman had a bunch of the cast on his little podcast tonight and I missed it. :/ LW co-hosted or something and they talked to Tyler (who talked about Becky, NB, Genie, TG, JJ) Brooklyn (Kim and JT called her), Fin, Bryan (talked about the bipolar storyline), Maura (submitted Ava asking Silas to end her life). Gotta give it a listen later, but this Twitter acct had those details, and then I forgot the link. I'm useless.

Edited by HeatLifer