Type keyword(s) to search

Daytime Emmys: This Year, It's Actually on TV…Oops, Spoke Too Soon

• Start Topic

(edited)

Is anyone watching, er streaming, the emmy's?

I read that the "social media hosts" said they want to rape RP and were generally vulgar, disrespectful, and ill-prepared.

Edited by Tiger

They were awful. I followed on Twitter and occasionally checked the feed when it was someone I was interested in like Maura. But they were really offensive.

Supporting Actor and Actress given out and no awards for GH so far.

Yeah, the "social media hosts" were horrible.  Awkward, unfunny, inappropriate, and unprepared.  Just brutal.  

KeMo's presenting now, and she's pretty clearly drunk off her ass.  Not that I blame her. 

• Love 4

Forgot about the Cracker Jack prize...er, Daytime Emmy Awards. Sounds worse than a train wreck, so it's probably just as well.

How the mighty have fallen. I remember when the Daytime Emmys were an event and even sometimes had prime time soap episodes before it.

• Love 1

Just in case people are watching & want to chat about it...

I brought this over from the episode thread:

Yeah, the "social media hosts" were horrible.  Awkward, unfunny, inappropriate, and unprepared.  Just brutal. 

KeMo's presenting now, and she's pretty clearly drunk off her ass.  Not that I blame her.

I'd be drunk too.

If anyone is watching, can you let us know who has won awards tonight?  Thanks in advance!

• Love 1

Yup, that's what I wrote. I lvoe it. It's hilarious. I would be worse than her. I only wish she followed through on her threat and did flash everyone

Younger actress - Hunter King

Younger Actor - chandler Massey

Supporting Actress A Heinle

Supporting Actor Eric M from DAYS

best directing OLTL

Among her drunken shenanigans, Kelly a) danced to the awful elevator music played when one of the winners was announced

Said she was gonna take her top off as she slid the straps off while Jason Thompson and Michelle Stafford stared straight ahead with frozen smiles of horror

whipped an envelope in Jason T's face for him to read

• Love 1

and then during the never ending speech of the Entertainment Weekly lady, Kelly said "wrap it up!" and then said "the teleprompter said wrap it up 6 times, the most I've ever heard in my life"

• Love 1
(edited)

I hope someone posts KeMo's presenting. I hear it's awful.

you can watch it here. Move the timer to about 3:47

http://www.daytimeemmys.net/

And no, it is amazing. She got drunk off her ass and is calling it out for the shitfest it is

NLG's twitter must be visited too, her commentary is amazing (sorry for the repetition of the word, but it is!)

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

It's just sad. This is why I don't watch any Daytime Emmys, honestly - every year it gets sadder and more contemptuous of all these people who work so hard, even on shows we don't like, even people we don't like. It's like watching something die very slow, and it's never more obvious than at these shows. I don't know why people like Finola Hughes go. They were there for the big time.

If the online shows had taken off, if there's ever some larger purge and revitalization, then maybe things will change, but the slow grinding degradation of the Daytime Emmys never will. Get rid of them.

• Love 1

I guess they didn't want to literally drag her off the stage. That poor kid next to her. And I suspect she a wee bit sauced herself "my brother, who doesn't care about the Emmys AT ALL". Awk. ward.

• Love 1
(edited)

It's just sad. This is why I don't watch any Daytime Emmys, honestly - every year it gets sadder and more contemptuous of all these people who work so hard, even on shows we don't like, even people we don't like. It's like watching something die very slow, and it's never more obvious than at these shows. I don't know why people like Finola Hughes go. They were there for the big time.

If the online shows had taken off, if there's ever some larger purge and revitalization, then maybe things will change, but the slow grinding degradation of the Daytime Emmys never will. Get rid of them.

I didn't watch last year, but this was just a whole new level of bad and everyone knew it and took advantage of it. The red carpet girl were fucking AWFUL. It was embarrassing and it was incredible how they even let them on. They were so fucking dumb, I'm surprised they don't have to tell themselves to breathe. The actors clearly didn't give a fuck tonight (nor anyone else), so I really don't get why not even one of them said "that's inappropriate" or something like that to them. 

This may be tres mockable, but if there are to be Emmys in the future, perhaps it would be best to just mail the damn things and call it a day. Wow.

I like it once for the sheer train wreck factor, but twice would be a shame.

Edited by ulkis
(edited)

This may be tres mockable, but if there are to be Emmys in the future, perhaps it would be best to just mail the damn things and call it a day. Wow.

I thought the year with the K-Mart Blue Light Special Party Room was the nadir - I believe that's the year where Kim Zimmer said they were herded down the block in their finery like cattle in the summer heat to wait in the back room - but clearly I was wrong. Darn from TWOP and I liveblogged that year, but I don't think we could even watch all of it.

Edited by jsbt

Poor JT . . . he should have left after his first contract.  Now he's stuck as a soap actor and he knows it.  Hopefully KMc can become successful and cast him in one of her projects.  

Michelle Stafford looks ridic, in a bad way.

Thank goodness with all the repeat winners (Billy Miller...again.  The extremely overrated Chandler Massey...again) that Kristen Alderson didn't take home gold again.

• Love 2

I think ol' Staff looks alright (and they've clearly been giving her most of the hair and wardrobe budget on GH, too).

I can't watch all of that yet. Too second-hand embarrassing.

• Love 1

Poor JT . . . he should have left after his first contract.  Now he's stuck as a soap actor and he knows it.  Hopefully KMc can become successful and cast him in one of her projects.  

He owns three bars, or co-owns them. He can go if it gets too bad. Not that I don't feel for him, but he certainly doesn't have to stay at GH. Next year I have a feeling he'll skip the Emmys though!

• Love 1

Somewhere in LA, Ron Carlivati and Frank Valentini are on their knees thanking God that they didn't receive nominations this year and therefore didn't have to have anything to do with this horror.

• Love 1
(edited)

Thanks for the link & vid. Wow, I loved the train wreck aspect of it.

So, GH didn't win anything other than the make-up & casting awards? When was the last time they didn't win any major awards? I believe PP OLTL won the writing emmy.

ETA: Thanks for the clarification, TeeVee329. That's what I get for not paying close attention. I'm going to blame it on my shock regarding the red carpet happenings.

Edited by BestestAuntEver

Somewhere in LA, Ron Carlivati and Frank Valentini are on their knees thanking God that they didn't receive nominations this year and therefore didn't have to have anything to do with this horror.

Not that it mattered this year (because they didn't receive any nominations), but if the Daytime Emmys continue on this path, Ron & Frank should probably avoid submitting Emmy reels for the show. There really seems to be no point to participate any longer. It's not as if the Best Drama Series winner is going to be receiving a boost in ratings, as I'm sure less than a million folks tuned in online to watch. No one cares anymore. 

(edited)
Sounds like an awful event to be at.

Are they contractually obligated to be there? Seeing friends and colleagues can't be reason enough to want to go, and the show itself is a joke.

Edited by dubbel zout

Eh, I think she was probably drunk too, but she didn't really act all that out of the ordinary.  Watch some of her old interviews/appearances at SSW/etc she is very blunt and funny.  I didn't watch anything but that video that was posted and I guess I won't waste my time after hearing about it.

That was a low point for a genre that has had more than its share.

I've generally been ambivalent towards Sam, but Kelly Monaco has always seemed like a kick.  She was a bright spot for me.  And god bless NLG.

I thought there was something a teeny bit condescending about Donna Mills being all, "that early soap training helped me though my LONG, STORIED career... even on Knots Landing."  Still essentially a soap star, no?

• Love 1
(edited)

OMG!  I didn't know Destinos was still on the air.  I remember that show from high school.

I liked that JT & MSt checked out KeMo's rack after she teased flashing her boobs.

ETA: I may have to check out the red carpet after reading NLG's twitter.

Edited by OnceSane

I knew they are going to screw up Daytime Emmys 2014 with the online thing. I was not happy that they didn't do CC for deaf soap viewers. I can't believe they didn't even do onscreen graphics. It was not fun watching dying days of Daytime Emmys. It's telling that Sesame Street people avoided tonight like a plague. It was disaster for Daytime Emmys and I am shocked that they didn't ask Cameron Dallas (Teenage girls on Twitter love him like crazy) to host red carpet... At least he would have been more intelligent. I am sarcastic about social media celebrities but Daytime Emmys failed to understand one thing: They never watch daytime and they can't understand life.

Look at Jason Thompson looking straight at the camera, his soul slowly dying inside

Untitled_zps72348943.png

I can't stand MS but she looks gorgeous here, except for the yoga hair. Are JT and MS standing on crates?  Good thing Neener is in a wheelchair she looks like she'll tower over Silass.

It's really sad that a genre with a murky history of rape would allow its award show to feature rape jokes during its red carpet.

More troubling, if the co-host had been male and "joked" about rape of a female star, that would have been a top story on every news outlet this morning.  

• Love 6

As bad as this year's Daytime Emmys were, one of its many worst moments was during the Red Carpet pre-show, when the co-hosts "joked" about raping RP. If a male host had made that kind of "joke" about an actress, they would have caught all kinds of Hell for it and rightfully so.  I'm not the most p.c. person in the world, but that was tacky, to say the least. As shitty as last year's Daytime Emmys were, this one was even worse. I'm not only not surprised it's not on TV anymore, if TPTB don't publically apologize for the show in general and to RP in particular, they shouldn't even be online anymore.

• Love 5
(edited)

If a male host had made that kind of "joke" about an actress, they would have caught all kinds of Hell for it and rightfully so.  

I don't know about that. I think it probably would've depended who the host was. They should catch hell for it though, for sure. As should these nitwits. 

When they were saying that one guy was legal, my little sister was like, "Just because he's legal doesn't mean it isn't sexual harassment."

The whole thing, red carpet and show, was a hot ass mess. I loved it!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

As bad as this year's Daytime Emmys were, one of its many worst moments was during the Red Carpet pre-show, when the co-hosts "joked" about raping RP. If a male host had made that kind of "joke" about an actress, they would have caught all kinds of Hell for it and rightfully so.  I'm not the most p.c. person in the world, but that was tacky, to say the least. As shitty as last year's Daytime Emmys were, this one was even worse. I'm not only not surprised it's not on TV anymore, if TPTB don't publically apologize for the show in general and to RP in particular, they shouldn't even be online anymore.

They owe several apologies, to several people. It was a mess.

• Love 1