Type keyword(s) to search

Rebecca & Zied: Light Rings & Love Rats

• Start Topic

Rebecca, 47 (Georgia) and Zied, 26 (Tunisia)

Before_the_90_Days_Season_3_Rebecca_Zied

Rebecca has three kids and three failed marriages, including one to a Moroccan man she brought to America on a spousal visa, but she’s ready to try again. She met Zied online and fell in love, despite the concerns of her friends and family that she’s making the same mistakes over again. To discover if their love will last, Rebecca has planned a trip to Tunisia, and her goal is to leave with a ring and a new foreign fiancé.

• LOL 4

Rebecca is really disturbing to me, to be blunt.  At first, she presents as a smart, capable and well spoken woman but upon watching the rerun the red flags that were there during the first watching are now GIANT red flags.  She is 47 years old and seems like she is 15.  Whe sends out those stupid (sorry) filters with dog ears, bunny ears, etc, and whiskers?  Then her voice sounds like it is helium.  Let's talk about the endless pictures and that coffee mug!!!  Again, 15 years old and acting like he is her first crush from Chemistry class, not a woman going on her fourth marriage.   (I think we are onto something with those numbers - she is heading into Elizabeth Taylor numbers!!!)

Zied is creepy to me - controlling, Creepy Stalker Voice is NOT attractive.  He seems like a hothead I predict he will belittle and demean her.  I am not spoiling and let's face it - it is not that hard to predict this, lol!!!!

• Love 13
On 7/22/2019 at 9:52 PM, Adultosaurus said:

Any connection to whatsherface who ran the lingerie store a couple of seasons back and brought back the hotel dude? Canton is not a large town.

Molly lives In Woodstock as far as I can remember.    It's close to Canton though. 

• Love 1

So last night I crawl into bed and my awesome hubby whispers, in his best creepy stalker voice: "I looooove you so much.  You are mine!  You belong to meeee......"  It is hard to go to sleep when you are laughing from your gut.  And I would not have it any other way!!!

• LOL 21
  • Love 3

How quick these guys get that cold nasty look in their eyes after they get some action. 

Watching Zied suck on that hookah made my skin crawl and I think Rebecca might be reconsidering her plans.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, iwasish said:

How quick these guys get that cold nasty look in their eyes after they get some action. 

Watching Zied suck on that hookah made my skin crawl and I think Rebecca might be reconsidering her plans.

He looked greasy and slimy. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, druzy said:

It came right from TLC's official Twitter https://twitter.com/TLC/status/1163259553431072768?s=20

😁

Oh Lord.....it IS real!!!  AND SHE PAID?  Oh Rebecca.......

And since we can spoil (and trust me folks, this is not a big spoiler) the scene of Rebecca brushing Zied's hair was almost vomit inducing.  Look, I have hiked Isle Royale for a week, Glacier for a week, NEVER did my hair look that oily.  (I never bathe on a week long hike,  I backcountry camp)  Zied has no excuse.  

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Oh Lord.....it IS real!!!  AND SHE PAID?  Oh Rebecca.......

And since we can spoil (and trust me folks, this is not a big spoiler) the scene of Rebecca brushing Zied's hair was almost vomit inducing.  Look, I have hiked Isle Royale for a week, Glacier for a week, NEVER did my hair look that oily.  (I never bathe on a week long hike,  I backcountry camp)  Zied has no excuse.  

As someone with bone dry hair I'm partially envious.  But my goodness it's just glistening!  He could literally wash his hair with a bar of soap, but he really seems committed to this count chocula look......

• LOL 5

To answer my own question, to ensure that she would “leave Tunisia with a ring,” maybe she brought it with her and is going to pop the question to Zied. Somehow I don’t think this role reversal will go over well with him, but then again he had no problem with her being the driver of the rental car. 

Speaking of which, I thought it looked like he could barely contain his laughter and wasn’t at all reassuring when she was driving in that awful traffic. 

2 hours ago, magemaud said:

Speaking of which, I thought it looked like he could barely contain his laughter and wasn’t at all reassuring when she was driving in that awful traffic. 

Because he's used to it. It's the same way someone from New York City chuckles when a tourist from a rural area remarks at all the people and traffic. I think there is quite a bit wrong about Zied, but after Rebecca agreed to rent the car and drive there's not much he can do. People drive how they drive. Hopefully in a couple of days she'll get used to it.

• Love 1

If he drives, he must have a car, why are they renting.

Even though we can spoil, I’ll hide this:

Spoiler

At the game she watched with Zied and his friends, she was showing her arm tattoos to his buddies and said each “ sleeve” cost about 3000 dollars. (So dumb to say she had 6k in disposable income to spend on tattoos)  their eyes light up when they heard that. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, magemaud said:

I thought he looked annoyed when she kept complaining and then blasted the horn.

He gives me the creeps...  when she brought up her ex he shut it down and seemed annoyed.

I think he'll be a controlling asshole maybe worse than her last one. 😲

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

During the first episode when he was all monotone and dead-eyed listing off the things he liked, I mimicked his creepy voice and added: "You will put the lotion in the basket..." Didn't seem the least bit out of place!

Edited by Scout Finch
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I thought he looked annoyed when she kept complaining and then blasted the horn.

He gives me the creeps...  when she brought up her ex he shut it down and seemed annoyed.

I think he'll be a controlling asshole maybe worse than her last one. 😲

I think he has literally said that he is jealous and controlling.  I remember reading it on the closed captioning and I was like "you cannot be serious....this guy is literally telling the world he is jealous and controlling!" 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

Zied has some pretty hot friends. But alas, I am not going to write TLC and try to get in contact with them and be on this shit show. 

It's just all about you, isn't it? What about doing it for OUR entertainment?

• LOL 22
3 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

What is happening here?! Is Zied pimping out Rebecca’s tattoos?

Exactly what he did! He had her show them off to his friends. This was right after the subject of her age came up. I think he was trying to prove to them that she might be old, but she’s still cool. They asked how much the tats cost and I could see the dollar signs in their eyes and envy that Zied had managed to scam an American Grandma. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, magemaud said:

Styled by Rebecca! Ready for a night on the town! 

A02BCE05-92F3-47AC-AE14-5091BAF3AE83.jpeg

yuck

12 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

She looked absolutely horrible in the sexy top she insisted on wearing.... She looked like a linebacker and the freaking tattoos.... Ugh!

Zied was actually doing her a favor by trying to get her to wear something else.

It did and it made her boobs look weird. She might think its sexy  but its far from it. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

What is happening here?! Is Zied pimping out Rebecca’s tattoos?

It was just another objectification of her.  It's like she is some sideshow freak.  "Show my friends your tattoos for their amusement!"

Even if he was good looking and fit his behavior would be problematic....the fact that he is neither fit not good looking makes this even more confusing.

• Love 9

The style with the gathers and all reminded me of the top of a nightgown. So one day he's having her show off her tattoos to his friends, the next he wants her to cover everything up. "Jus' for MEEEEEE...Baybeeeee" 

I got chills when he said, "I consider myself a jealous and controlling man", the exact same traits that Rebecca claimed her Moroccan Ex demonstrated. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, magemaud said:

He said he can drive but didn’t have his license for five years so he couldn’t rent a car. 

I got that part, but doesn’t he have his own vehicle? How has he gotten around for all this time? 

• Useful 1
12 minutes ago, iwasish said:

I got that part, but doesn’t he have his own vehicle? How has he gotten around for all this time? 

Not necessarily, especially since he's still living with his parents. Maybe he takes public transportation to his "audience recruiting job." Maybe his family has one car, with no air conditioning, and his mother drives him around. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1