Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
suebee12

Press Your Luck

It's Whammypalooza tonight!

Pam reminds me a little of Peg Bundy. That can't be good.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, lb60 said:

Yes, yes, yes....that is who she reminded me of...and her daughter's hair was something else. My nine year old self had a wonderful time tonight with the Whammies! Lots and lots of whammies!😈 One thing though, Pammie was brave! I don't think I could have kept going!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, suebee12 said:

One thing though, Pammie was brave! 

I wanted her to lose it all, because I'm evil and I hate when people get too greedy (IMO). It worked out for her, though.

3 hours ago, lb60 said:

I wanted her to lose it all, because I'm evil and I hate when people get too greedy (IMO). It worked out for her, though.

Exactly why I laugh when there are such contestants on Wheel of Fortune when the puzzle is obvious, they already have tons of money, yet they spin one last time - and hit Bankrupt.  😛

• Laugh 2

My wife once told me that by the time you're in your 40s, you really shouldn't have the same hairstyle and clothes you did in high school. NotPegBundy from last night was Exhibit A.

• Laugh 5

I felt bad for the two men who Whammied out pretty much instantly this week. Can't blame them for pressing their luck though.

I really liked Pam, and yes, she was def channeling Peg Bundy. She had a great personality and I found nothing at all offensive about her. She was nice, so excited to be doing well, and was tons of fun IMO. I wanted her to go out after she won the Guess wardrobe, but a check of the clock told me she would go on. I couldn't believe she left with the clothes and the Cher concert. Coolest player and win ever. Well, at least so far, for me.

I wonder if there was a distance the private jet to the Cher Vegas concert would go. Would it pick me up in the Midwest? Maybe Pam lives in the LA area so the jet prize was pretty safe. I was happy she didn't gamble more to get the car. Speed kills. I mean, Greed Kills.

22 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

My wife once told me that by the time you're in your 40s, you really shouldn't have the same hairstyle and clothes you did in high school. NotPegBundy from last night was Exhibit A. 

I've never seen any high-school girl wearing what Pam was wearing, or having that hairstyle. But IMO, when you are OLDER THAN 40 you can do and wear whatever you damn well please. Heck, when you are younger than 40 you can do and wear whatever you want too. I'm all for people who don't follow the flock when it comes to hairstyle and clothing. While the Peg Bundy look is not for me, I thought it looked great on Pam.

On 7/18/2019 at 1:39 AM, WendyCR72 said:

Exactly why I laugh when there are such contestants on Wheel of Fortune when the puzzle is obvious, they already have tons of money, yet they spin one last time - and hit Bankrupt. 

I'm irked on Wheel when the puzzle is obvious yet they buy more vowels. (I'm a conservative spender!)

Edited by saber5055
  • Like 2

I liked Pam too. She clearly had a great relationship with her husband and daughter, and I found their shared enthusiasm really sweet. And it was kind of endearing that her favorite clothes label was... Guess.

• Like 2

On 7/17/2019 at 9:26 PM, lb60 said:

And how.  I couldn't help but be charmed by her.

She and Elizabeth had great chemistry together.

• Like 3

On 7/18/2019 at 2:39 AM, WendyCR72 said:

Exactly why I laugh when there are such contestants on Wheel of Fortune when the puzzle is obvious, they already have tons of money, yet they spin one last time - and hit Bankrupt.  😛

Me too!!!😂  My kids when they were little called it "bank robbed"😂 Especially after they bought an obvious vowel

• Like 2

Kind of wanted to see what a decade worth of cheese retailed for.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Tonight I really wasn't rooting for the Whammy! I liked the champion and I  wish she had won! I liked her!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, suebee12 said:

Tonight I really wasn't rooting for the Whammy! I liked the champion and I  wish she had won! I liked her!

Yeah, that was rough. We were live watching, so it’s 8:58, just about to end, she had money and her dream trip , 3 Whammies, and one more spin. So she was either going to spin safely and immediately quit, or Whammy out. Alas......

• Sad 2

16 hours ago, opus said:

Kind of wanted to see what a decade worth of cheese retailed for.

I was wondering how much cheese is a decade's worth. I didn't watch ending credits, maybe they say it there, in small print. Maybe there is a Cheese of the Month Club.

12 hours ago, suebee12 said:

She didn't get any Whammies through the whole game, then got blasted out at the end. That was a tough go. I would have had a pretty false sense of security by the end, too, I guess. The other two players got roasted by Whammies.

Since I'm trying to appreciate the Whammy, I have to say I did get a kick out of the fireman Whammy.

On a shallow note, I keep staring at Elizabeth's poochy stomach in her tight dresses.

Edited by saber5055
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

On a shallow note, I keep staring at Elizabeth's poochy stomach in her tight dresses.

Actually I noticed that also, but what drew my attention was the zipper down the whole back of the dress. I wondered if one could sit down comfortably in it!

• Laugh 1

41 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I was wondering how much cheese is a decade's worth. I didn't watch ending credits, maybe they say it there, in small print. Maybe there is a Cheese of the Month Club.

She didn't get any Whammies through the whole game, then got blasted out at the end. That was a tough go. I would have had a pretty false sense of security by the end, too, I guess. The other two players got roasted by Whammies.

Since I'm trying to appreciate the Whammy, I have to say I did get a kick out of the fireman Whammy.

I love it and it makes me feel better about my pooch that is larger than hers 😉

I felt bad for the contestant since she didn't have any family or friends out on the stage. I wonder if they've decided to stop having people out there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, saber5055 said:

<Alex Trebek voice>

GFY!

• Laugh 1

Did they decide to stop of having family and friends out or did that particular contestant not bring anyone with her?   This is the first time I noticed the lack of them.   I actually prefer it that way.  ll the hand wringing and boo hooing and OMG I Love You You Know You're Awesome and the tears is just too much.  

They'e obviously tweaking things and airing them out of order makes it more obvious.  For example, sometimes they have 4 questions in the first round and sometimes 3 (but Elizabeth always yells them).

10 hours ago, Maverick said:

ll the hand wringing and boo hooing and OMG I Love You You Know You're Awesome and the tears is just too much.  

I hate that on all the game shows. I just wish once the husband/wife would say, "You and your greed just screwed us out of $50,000, cheese for a year and a trip to Australia. You suck."

• Laugh 1

9 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I hate that on all the game shows. I just wish once the husband/wife would say, "You and your greed just screwed us out of $50,000, cheese for a year and a trip to Australia. You suck."

I agree, but didn't she have to take that last spin?

Also, wasn't it a month long trip? I imagine most people would have a hard time taking off work for a month.

I also can't imagine a decade of cheese. I'm sure everyone she knew would have gotten gifts of cheese for every holiday.

"You get a block of cheese. And you get a block of cheese."

• Laugh 1

24 minutes ago, lb60 said:

I agree, but didn't she have to take that last spin?

Yes, she did! I actually hated that little Whammy(and I  usually laugh at them!)

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Caught a little of this revival this week.  Kinda cool that they had a contestant from the original Tomarken run back on.  That fit in with the whole "original" set thing they're doing, unlike the GSN version from the early 2000s.

While flipping between this and Penn & Teller, I regaled my mother with the "tragic" tale of Michael Larson.  I included the part where GSN did the documentary about the scandal, and them bringing the other two contestants from his episodes along with Larson's brother over to the then-revival set.  They'd temporarily programmed that big board to replicate the original's patterns, so that they could stage a "re-match" but with one of the other contestants "winning" by using Larson's technique.

• Like 1

Always love this show growing up. The revival isn't bad and I don't mind the tweaks. Just wish they made a few more. For starters it is still weird having a whammy take zero dollars. Why didn't they come up with a couple $0 specific animations? "I'd take your money but you ain't got any! Hahahheheh"

Elizabeth Banks is fine as a host but why does it feel like she is yelling the whole time. Seems like she is really straining her voice. 

I like the bonus round and the prizes customized to the contestants. Adds a nice uniqueness to what is typically just random prizes and cash. 

• Like 2

Season finale was last night. I sort of watched. If I had been the middle lady (who ended up winning), I would have passed those six or seven spins to George (I think that was his name) when I had more than $25,000.

I was glad at the end, after she quit and kept her winnings, they let her play out the spins she didn't take, just for fun. Getting a Whammy on the last play when she had more than $100,000 had to make her feel better.

I guess they aren't spins, but I don't know what else to call them.