Type keyword(s) to search

What We Do In the Media

• Start Topic

I thought this was cute.

Of course, just about every response to this tweet is Guillermo. I hope they don't get together in the show, but I love it when people are invested without being toxic. 🥰

• Love 3

I read an interview in last week's PARADE magazine (It was Sunday and I'm old!) with Bob Newhart. It's the 50th anniversary of his THE BOB NEWHART SHOW. One of the questions asked was what he's watching now. WWDITS was the answer. If I were associated with WWDITS in any way I'd be jumping up and down with happiness. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
21 hours ago, possibilities said:

Now I really want Newhart to do a cameo. 

3 hours ago, WAnglais1 said:

Yes! That would be a blast. He's 92 now, I think. 

Perhaps as the grand supreme king of vampires . . . who just happens to be deadpan as heck.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, possibilities said:

Now I really want Newhart to do a cameo. 

4 hours ago, WAnglais1 said:

Yes! That would be a blast. He's 92 now, I think. 

1 hour ago, Lantern7 said:

Perhaps as the grand supreme king of vampires . . . who just happens to be deadpan as heck.

He should be who Guillermo has been texting with.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Getting away from the comedic legend . . . are there any teasers for tomorrow night's episode?

Per the official WWDITS Twitter account, next episode is titled Freddie.  The show has been very stingy on teasers this year.  

Edited by Ohiopirate02
11 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Per the official WWDITS Twitter account, next episode is titled Freddie.  The show has been very stingy on teasers this year.  

I know the episode title, and I’ve seen how scarce information has been. I was thinking/hoping we’d get a little something before tomorrow night. 🤷‍♂️

Whoops, spoke too soon.

Thought: in terms of comparison to It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, this might be to "Frank Reynolds' Little Beauties" what "Go Flip Yourself" was to "The Gang Gets Extreme Home Makeover Edition."

Anoop Desai interview about playing the Djinn. He was originally only supposed to be in two episodes.

The glasses are a huge part of this character. How did you find that?
The glasses and the pen were two things that I brought from my original audition, I was just very clear about those being the tools that this guy has. And then as we started shooting, the idea of the pen being the granter of wishes came into play. Again, that image of someone looking down doing something and you’re disturbing him, and just him looking over his glasses at you … It’s really just that image and luckily enough, they stuck with it.

I’m glad you bring up the wedding episode, because there’s so many interesting reveals. I’m curious how you think Djinn feels about Nandor? Is he pitying him? Does he resent him? Is he happy because he’s burning through these wishes so quickly? 
I think that there was a turning point where Djinn knows that this guy is just hopeless. He’s seen a lot of people make some really stupid wishes, but I think the angst with which Nandor makes his wishes is evident to Djinn. So there is the beginning of a soft spot for him. A beginning of, like, “Man, this guy is trying really hard and he still is messing it up.”

So there is pity, and at the same time, at the end of the penis-enlargement episode, there is this idea of, “I told you what I’m doing, I’m trying to screw you over and you keep just not seeing it.” So I’m not sure if they’re friends necessarily, but I think that it’s more than a master/genie relationship.

• Love 2

'Scuze the double post, but...

Outstanding Fantasy/ Sci-Fi Costumes

What We Do In The Shadows • The Wellness Center • FX • FX Productions Laura Montgomery, Costume Designer Judy Laukkanen, Costume Supervisor Barbara Cardoso, Assistant Costume Designer

• Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

First poster.

Also first synopsis. The Guide is a full member of the crew now. 

“In Season 5, Nandor feels his familiar (and sometimes friend) Guillermo slipping away as he seems to be spending much more time with Laszlo, whose skills as a gentleman scientist are put to the test as he tries to solve the mystery of the strange and very secret changes Guillermo is going through,” reads the synopsis. “Nadja, suffering the effects of a previously-undiagnosed supernatural hex, reconnects with her family – or at least, a family – from the Old Country, Colin pursues the path of so many energy vampires before him by running for political office and The Guide tries to figure out where she fits in as the relative newcomer to this tightly-knit group who’ve known each other for centuries.”

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
On 12/19/2023 at 4:24 PM, Gobi said:

Sorry to see it go but glad to see it go at the top of its game.

While I agree, doesn't make it hurt any less. I'm going to miss it. 

• Like 3