Type keyword(s) to search

Girls Next Door - General Discussion

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, TrixieTrue said:

She also just posted a video where she tries on some of her old costumes, including her peacock costume. I think it would be great if she did another with Bridget. 

Her stomach is still so small !!!

• Love 3
On 9/26/2021 at 3:15 PM, qtpye said:

The guy who made this video is a big fan of GND (B is his favorite) and he talks about them at the beginning of this video.

I'll have to watch this later, thank you for posting it!

Have any of you been watching Holly on YouTube? I really like her GND reaction videos. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I'll have to watch this later, thank you for posting it!

Have any of you been watching Holly on YouTube? I really like her GND reaction videos. 

No, but I will definitely check her out.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, dariafan said:

I always wondered what really happened to Kendra’s gift for Carmella in the first Vegas episode.   And now it’s out there !

I learned from the commentary. I was surprised how much they spilled on the dvd commentaries so I can only imagine the stuff they couldn’t say. I love the new videos. 

• Love 3
On 11/8/2021 at 1:50 PM, LemonSoda said:

I learned from the commentary. I was surprised how much they spilled on the dvd commentaries so I can only imagine the stuff they couldn’t say. I love the new videos. 

What happened?

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, dariafan said:

When Kendra couldn’t find the gift she bought and some other stuff, turns out Audra had taken it 

Gosh, that house was vicious. Rewatching a few early episodes- that house is freaking decrepit, there were constantly dogs barking, a super strict set of rules over how the women there spent their days and evenings....yuck.

Also just rewatched the Vegas episode where they give Carmela her presents, and Carmela mentions that her boob job is very recent. Did she get a boob job after she posed for Playboy?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Tatum said:

Gosh, that house was vicious. Rewatching a few early episodes- that house is freaking decrepit, there were constantly dogs barking, a super strict set of rules over how the women there spent their days and evenings....yuck.

Also just rewatched the Vegas episode where they give Carmela her presents, and Carmela mentions that her boob job is very recent. Did she get a boob job after she posed for Playboy?

I think she did get it after she posed.     I think it was rude of destiny to say who wants natural looking boobs when she was sitting beside Bridgette who was proud that she was still natural 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dariafan said:

I think she did get it after she posed.     I think it was rude of destiny to say who wants natural looking boobs when she was sitting beside Bridgette who was proud that she was still natural 

I remember that! So rude. Just like it's not nice to mock a woman for having smaller breasts or implants, not very nice to shame natural big boobs either. Hopefully Destiny was just young and dumb then and knows better now. 

• Love 3

Rewatching the Vegas episode is interesting after the context of Holly's book. While in the original airing, Holly seems obsessive and sad constantly saying how much she misses Hef and calling him to check in- that was probably 100% necessary to placate him since it likely took everything Holly had just to convince him to "let" the girlfriends go to Vegas for a one day trip, that basically involved laying by the pool and drinking, something they really could have done at home. Also, when Kendra is pouting in the limo over her missing bag, they zoom in on Bridget's face and she looks so annoyed.

The revelation that Kendra's bag was stolen still doesn't garner much sympathy for Kendra in my eyes- Kendra, was it that much work to bring the bag up to your room instead of leaving all your shit around the common areas? Also, when I had originally watched it, I thought Kendra was saying the entire bag was Carmella's present (the pushup bra and $200 worth of makeup) but rewatching, I think that was mostly Kendra's stuff for herself and a Victoria's Secret gift card for Carmella. Again, Kendra, bring your shit to your room, don't just leave it laying out.

14 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I remember that! So rude. Just like it's not nice to mock a woman for having smaller breasts or implants, not very nice to shame natural big boobs either. Hopefully Destiny was just young and dumb then and knows better now. 

Yeah, it was probably something where Destiny meant to be self deprecating and unintentionally insulted someone else.

• Love 4

I never understood why she didn’t put the gift in the bag she was taking to Vegas.     Rewatching , I ff through Kendra unless I wanna be mad   Like for Holly’s birthday party episode she put off getting her gift.  She put off finding a dress. And I’m like what do you do all day ???

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, dariafan said:

I never understood why she didn’t put the gift in the bag she was taking to Vegas.     Rewatching , I ff through Kendra unless I wanna be mad   Like for Holly’s birthday party episode she put off getting her gift.  She put off finding a dress. And I’m like what do you do all day ???

This is the same girl who claimed, with a straight face, that she didn't "have time" to find a frame for Hef's birthday gift (a picture of herself), and once made the entire tour bus stop by the side of the road while the poor, beleaguered mansion staff searched through her shithole of a room looking for her tacky grill...that she had in her purse the whole time.

Kendra did redeem herself somewhat in my eyes during the Europe trip in S2 when she was the only one of the three that seemed remotely interested in the London tour.  Holly did not even attempt to hide her boredom which I thought was rude, and Bridget was in literal tears the day they left because packing was "so stressful". Yeah, I get it, Hef gave them like, 24 hour notice that they were going on a two week trip to Europe, but it wasn't like they had jobs or kids to organize and they had the mansion staff helping them. 

Of course, then Kendra stomped on the goodwill earned by dropping her pants when passing the Parliament building and the London tour guide looked mortified. And Bridget, who I thought had the most class out of the three (which isn't saying much) was completely egging her on.

• Love 4
On 11/12/2021 at 11:33 AM, RealHousewife said:

I agree with the above. I just tell myself Kendra was barely more than a kid when she became Hef's girlfriend. Hopefully she's matured since that time. 

I’d like to think so but it’s amusing seeing her play the same game she called others out forv

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I think Kendra is still pretty trashy, to be honest. And if you ask me, even 20-21 was too old to be mooning government buildings and flipping off paparazzi. That's something I'd expect a 12 year old to do.

Holly wasn't much better in any of the Europe episodes. Francophile much, Holly?

I did laugh in the Monaco episode when Kendra said she always wanted to go to Saint Tropez, and I am scratching my head wondering how the French Riveria is even on her radar.  Just as I am wondering if Kendra is perhaps slightly more educated than for which I previously gave her credit, she follows it up with her explanation that her gangsta rappers all reference the location.

• LOL 4
6 hours ago, Tatum said:

I think Kendra is still pretty trashy, to be honest. And if you ask me, even 20-21 was too old to be mooning government buildings and flipping off paparazzi. That's something I'd expect a 12 year old to do.

Holly wasn't much better in any of the Europe episodes. Francophile much, Holly?

I did laugh in the Monaco episode when Kendra said she always wanted to go to Saint Tropez, and I am scratching my head wondering how the French Riveria is even on her radar.  Just as I am wondering if Kendra is perhaps slightly more educated than for which I previously gave her credit, she follows it up with her explanation that her gangsta rappers all reference the location.

Absolutely. Kendra was very stunted for her age back then. I’m sure she still is. I saw a short part of an interview where she acted like Playboy and all of that was in the past.
Funny how she had NO problem continually trolling the others when they were trying to move forward, pursue new careers. 
Hollywood didn’t call for 3 years so you had to get a real job that oh! You’re going to be followed by cameras for? Lol 

I know I’ve mentioned it broken record on here but my greatest annoyance with Kendra has been opportunity after opportunity thrown in her lap to create something yet she kept going for the quick cash grab of reality tv and tabloid drama. 

I could be wrong but back when the original episode aired, I assumed Kendra knew about St Tropez from the tanning products, murals of it on the walls at the hair salon, one of the clubs they went to. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

One reason I cut Kendra so much slack is her parenting. I know it doesn't excuse everything, but both Bridget and Holly seem to have more normal, stable family units. 

Me too in spurts but what happens to us isn’t our faults. How we heal from it, rise from it is our own responsibility. 
Kendra has had exposure to and was given all the resources possible to make so many things happen. 
Instead of the proper medical help to heal her pain she writes a book about physically attacking her husband, goes on a series of reality shows airing her dramas, traumas, placing blame, never taking responsibility for herself or her behavior. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Tatum said:

12 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

Me too in spurts but what happens to us isn’t our faults. How we heal from it, rise from it is our own responsibility. 
Kendra has had exposure to and was given all the resources possible to make so many things happen. 
Instead of the proper medical help to heal her pain she writes a book about physically attacking her husband, goes on a series of reality shows airing her dramas, traumas, placing blame, never taking responsibility for herself or her behavior. 

She even had the good fortune of having a very nice successful man fall head over heels in love with her. 

I know someone who actually was at a charity event where Hank was invited and Hank brought Kendra as his date. Hank supposedly was pointing at Kendra and telling everyone how she would make the perfect wife/mother.

I was like...Kendra...really?

I could understand people saying that about Holly or Bridgette but not Kendra.

Edited by qtpye
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

She even had the good fortune of having a very nice successful man fall head over heels in love with her. 

I know someone who actually was at a charity event where Hank was invited and Hank brought Kendra as his date. Hank supposedly was pointing at Kendra and telling everyone how she would make the perfect wife/mother.

I was like...Kendra...really?

I could understand people saying that about Holly or Bridgette but not Kendra.

I mean, Kendra could be a lot of fun, I'm sure, and of course she was very pretty and vivacious, but from the way they present themselves, Hank is/was just SO FAR out of Kendra's league that I was shocked they lasted as long as they did. Yes, Kendra is a very pretty woman, but beautiful, vivacious NFL groupies are a dime a dozen. Hank has a college degree, comes from a functional family, and even if his NFL career was short and largely uninspired, just making it to the NFL puts him in like, the top .001 for achievements.

I just couldn't see what Kendra brought to the table. I mean, even her goofiness, which might have seemed charming in the beginning, had to wear thin after awhile, plus, she was lazy, irresponsible, messy, not very bright, and extremely quick to get angry and nothing was ever her fault. Her own memoir (written while she was still married, although who knows how happily) is full of passive aggressive jabs at Hank.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Tatum said:

I mean, Kendra could be a lot of fun, I'm sure, and of course she was very pretty and vivacious, but from the way they present themselves, Hank is/was just SO FAR out of Kendra's league that I was shocked they lasted as long as they did. Yes, Kendra is a very pretty woman, but beautiful, vivacious NFL groupies are a dime a dozen. Hank has a college degree, comes from a functional family, and even if his NFL career was short and largely uninspired, just making it to the NFL puts him in like, the top .001 for achievements.

I just couldn't see what Kendra brought to the table. I mean, even her goofiness, which might have seemed charming in the beginning, had to wear thin after awhile, plus, she was lazy, irresponsible, messy, not very bright, and extremely quick to get angry and nothing was ever her fault. Her own memoir (written while she was still married, although who knows how happily) is full of passive aggressive jabs at Hank.

Amen to all of this!

I think Hank was just "too nice" of a guy for Kendra to appreciate. I think she wanted a "thug" like herself (her words not mine).

I think she married Hank to escape Hef and have the prestige of being an NFL wife...not because she really loved him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

Absolutely. Kendra was very stunted for her age back then. I’m sure she still is. I saw a short part of an interview where she acted like Playboy and all of that was in the past.
Funny how she had NO problem continually trolling the others when they were trying to move forward, pursue new careers. 
Hollywood didn’t call for 3 years so you had to get a real job that oh! You’re going to be followed by cameras for? Lol 

I know I’ve mentioned it broken record on here but my greatest annoyance with Kendra has been opportunity after opportunity thrown in her lap to create something yet she kept going for the quick cash grab of reality tv and tabloid drama. 

I could be wrong but back when the original episode aired, I assumed Kendra knew about St Tropez from the tanning products, murals of it on the walls at the hair salon, one of the clubs they went to. 

I thought she knew it from the tanning products 😂😂😂😂

• LOL 5
53 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Amen to all of this!

I think Hank was just "too nice" of a guy for Kendra to appreciate. I think she wanted a "thug" like herself (her words not mine).

I think she married Hank to escape Hef and have the prestige of being an NFL wife...not because she really loved him.

I agree. Kendra seemed really despondent when it was clear Hank's career wasn't going where she thought it was. And obviously, you would feel badly for your spouse, that's not surprising, but the vibe I got during the second season of Kendra's show (on E!, not WE) was "this isn't what I signed up for". I think she thought Hank was going to move to be a starter and earn a respectable 7 figure salary for at least 10 years.

She may have truly  had some honest affection for him, but she also seemed to just loathe him at times.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Hank and Kendra were sneaking around for six months then he proposed so who knows how much one on one time they had. They didn’t really know each other.
I think Kendra wanted the fairytale without realizing she wasn’t mentally or emotionally equipped for it yet. I also believe the cameras, producers filling her inner attention needs helped speed things along. Oh? If you leave the mansion we’ll give you your own show! Which is wonderful but what happens when the cameras aren’t there and you’re left with your own thoughts and responsibilities you aren’t equipped for. When you’re dancing in the stands, the center of attention life is great! But when it’s 2am, your baby has colic, your husband is in Arizona and you have to be the grown up you were never taught to be? You stockpile your piggy bank with resentment that you take out on everyone else. 

I remember that producer guy Ken on her True Hollywood special really hyping her up like it was all going to last forever. 

Considering his profession, Hank seemed to have a lot of naïveté. I have a soft spot for him due to Silver Linings Playbook. I’m sad that he didn’t have the career he so badly wanted for himself.
I try so hard to not be a blame the woman type and feed in to that awful misogyny but I have always wondered if Kendra’s attention seeking antics at games and her drama at home affected his headspace. 

Yes to the above! I think they both thought his career would last longer than it did. I often wonder if guys like him, Eric Decker will look back in 20 years and say ah all that reality show stuff messed with my head!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

You all have great points. I think Kendra was a pretty young blonde and quite fun and funny. I can see plenty of men being drawn to her, but Hank was just SO different. I was surprised but wondered if it was an opposites attract situation. I'm personally quite straight-laced, and a part of me is drawn to people who just don't care and say and do whatever they want. Holly said she was really afraid of being judged for being Hef's girlfriend and that it would be too much baggage for many men, but I think some men see a cool factor to it. Like I'm with a Playboy girl! Good enough for Hef, good enough for me! 

• Love 4

Just getting to the NFL in any capacity is out of reach for over 98% of D1 college athletes, so Hank definitely had talent to make it as far as he did. That said, he had a few (literally, like 2 or 3) key moments in multiple games to really make a name for himself, and he completely blew it each time. I don't know if it was nerves or just extreme bad luck.

As cool as Hank seems, I am a firm believer that water seeks its own level. He may not be Kendra levels of trashy or immature, but he does strike me as someone pretty impulsive who doesn't look before he leaps, and perhaps thrives on drama more than he might admit.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

You all have great points. I think Kendra was a pretty young blonde and quite fun and funny. I can see plenty of men being drawn to her, but Hank was just SO different. I was surprised but wondered if it was an opposites attract situation. I'm personally quite straight-laced, and a part of me is drawn to people who just don't care and say and do whatever they want. Holly said she was really afraid of being judged for being Hef's girlfriend and that it would be too much baggage for many men, but I think some men see a cool factor to it. Like I'm with a Playboy girl! Good enough for Hef, good enough for me! 

I could see how easily Kendra could draw someone in. Especially in that phase of her life. The investment condo (curious what happened with it?), looking toward creating a new life for herself but instead of doing so she just jumped in someone else’s wagon. 
Im not sure Kendra has ever viewed the Playboy stuff with the sense of shame or even deep thoughtfulness that Holly has. 

1 hour ago, Tatum said:

Just getting to the NFL in any capacity is out of reach for over 98% of D1 college athletes, so Hank definitely had talent to make it as far as he did. That said, he had a few (literally, like 2 or 3) key moments in multiple games to really make a name for himself, and he completely blew it each time. I don't know if it was nerves or just extreme bad luck.

As cool as Hank seems, I am a firm believer that water seeks its own level. He may not be Kendra levels of trashy or immature, but he does strike me as someone pretty impulsive who doesn't look before he leaps, and perhaps thrives on drama more than he might admit.

Absolutely. I’ve wondered that too. Nerves? Bad luck? Head battles? 
The hopefulness of his career will always be remembered with Silver linings playbook. (The book was better than the movie) 

I remember the social scrutiny he dealt with when their relationship became public. I wanted to be Team Hank then the cheating truth 😂🙄 came out about him wanting to buy weed from a sketchy place and I’m like um you would risk everything for weed at a sketchy place? You don’t have a connection? Really? 

• Love 3

Absolutely. I’ve wondered that too. Nerves? Bad luck? Head battles? 
The hopefulness of his career will always be remembered with Silver linings playbook. (The book was better than the movie) 

I remember the social scrutiny he dealt with when their relationship became public. I wanted to be Team Hank then the cheating truth 😂🙄 came out about him wanting to buy weed from a sketchy place and I’m like um you would risk everything for weed at a sketchy place? You don’t have a connection? Really? 

I do think Hank had his own demons. I just don't think any well adjusted, mature person would marry Kendra, especially after "dating" (ie talking on the phone) for only 6 months. And certainly not forgo birth control, which I think they admitted they weren't using. They got swept up in a whirlwind- engagement, new reality show, new Superbowl bound team, new move, a wedding, a baby, an actual Superbowl experience- they had all these major lifetime milestones and achievements experienced together within like, an 18 month span, and they didn't know how to react when nothing new and exciting was happening and things were getting challenging- major, catastrophic career setbacks, post partum depression, etc.

I am surprised their marriage lasted 9 years, but I think it was rocky for the vast majority of it. I think there was a lot of resentment towards each other pretty much after year 1.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Tatum said:

I do think Hank had his own demons. I just don't think any well adjusted, mature person would marry Kendra, especially after "dating" (ie talking on the phone) for only 6 months. And certainly not forgo birth control, which I think they admitted they weren't using. They got swept up in a whirlwind- engagement, new reality show, new Superbowl bound team, new move, a wedding, a baby, an actual Superbowl experience- they had all these major lifetime milestones and achievements experienced together within like, an 18 month span, and they didn't know how to react when nothing new and exciting was happening and things were getting challenging- major, catastrophic career setbacks, post partum depression, etc.

I am surprised their marriage lasted 9 years, but I think it was rocky for the vast majority of it. I think there was a lot of resentment towards each other pretty much after year 1.

Absolutely. That’s where I think his naïveté and own mess comes in. I remember him talking about how one of his best friends married someone they only knew on the internet. I’m like ummm but Kendra? Kendra? Can you go back and watch the show? Her attitude? Her beyond filthy room? What’s your house going to look like? Can you afford housekeepers? 
She seemed really unhappy in Indiana.

I’m not sure everything would’ve happened as fast as it did or even at all without cameras, producers, egging it on 

I’m surprised they lasted that long. I think it was less of trying to make it work than well what else do we have? Patti? Going home to parents on both sides who will say I told you so? 

I need to go back and watch “Kendra”. I only watched bits and pieces of her other show. The fake storyline about confronting Holly and the not friends with Bridget thing was so brutal yet fake. 

Edited by LemonSoda
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

Absolutely. That’s where I think his naïveté and own mess comes in. I remember him talking about how one of his best friends married someone they only knew on the internet. I’m like ummm but Kendra? Kendra? Can you go back and watch the show? Her attitude? Her beyond filthy room? What’s your house going to look like? Can you afford housekeepers? 
She seemed really unhappy in Indiana.

I’m not sure everything would’ve happened as fast as it did or even at all without cameras, producers, egging it on 

I’m surprised they lasted that long. I think it was less of trying to make it work than well what else do we have? Patti? Going home to parents on both sides who will say I told you so? 

I need to go back and watch “Kendra”. I only watched bits and pieces of her other show. The fake storyline about confronting Holly and the not friends with Bridget thing was so brutal yet fake. 

Even though I was surprised as everyone else, the more I think about it, the more I kind of get it. . .

Perhaps Kendra saw Hank as this gorgeous star athlete who's a nice guy and comes from a loving family. Maybe in addition to Hank, she thought she'd even get in-laws who'd someday be like the parents she always needed. What more could she want, right? A major upgrade from both her unstable upbringing and being with a man her grandfather's age who gave her all kinds of rules. 

Hank saw Kendra as a hot, vivacious busty blonde pretty enough for Playboy and the iconic Hugh Hefner. Maybe he loved the fact he could tame this young wild thing. From what we saw on GND, there's never a dull moment with Kendra around. Even though she looks like a Barbie, she loves sports too. Many men love that, the babe who's one of the guys. I'd imagine an athlete would really appreciate it. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Even though I was surprised as everyone else, the more I think about it, the more I kind of get it. . .

Perhaps Kendra saw Hank as this gorgeous star athlete who's a nice guy and comes from a loving family. Maybe in addition to Hank, she thought she'd even get in-laws who'd someday be like the parents she always needed. What more could she want, right? A major upgrade from both her unstable upbringing and being with a man her grandfather's age who gave her all kinds of rules. 

Hank saw Kendra as a hot, vivacious busty blonde pretty enough for Playboy and the iconic Hugh Hefner. Maybe he loved the fact he could tame this young wild thing. From what we saw on GND, there's never a dull moment with Kendra around. Even though she looks like a Barbie, she loves sports too. Many men love that, the babe who's one of the guys. I'd imagine an athlete would really appreciate it. 

Yes! Because as messed up as it sounds moving in to the Playboy mansion gave her a stability, security she never had. I believe her when she said Hef saved her life. 

I also think Hank fell in love with her potential. She claimed she wanted a simple family life. But she couldn’t seem to function without or stay away from cameras. Even now. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I also think it makes sense. I doubt Hank watched the show, or if he did, thought the messy room was so bad. Kendra's hair and make-up was great in the last two seasons of the show. She had lost the 'hard' look she had at the beginning. And she saw a complete family unit with Hank and his parents. He fulfilled the football player fantasy, but in a very safe way. I agree with everyone here that neither thought his career would end as quickly as it did. 

I think Kendra is not as known for GND as Holly and Bridget, but only because she's done so many other reality shows. That's really her bread and butter. I wouldn't have thought that a reality show career would have lasted this long. 

I've been watching Holly's recaps and she's pretty positive about a lot of things. Obviously not things with Hef. But she's commented that it's fun to see her pets, Bridget's room, and some of their friends. In the one about the trip to Lodi, she talked about Stacey Burke and it showed the Stacey was really their friend, not a hang-on of Hef's.  

• Love 4
15 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

She seemed really unhappy in Indiana...I’m surprised they lasted that long. I think it was less of trying to make it work than well what else do we have? Patti? Going home to parents on both sides who will say I told you so? 

Kendra is on Amazon Prime for free (with commercials). I am bouncing around the first two seasons. It isn't fun to watch after the Superbowl episode. That really seemed like the beginning of the end for them, even though they went on to have another child and were married another 8 years.

I imagine in the first 18 months of their relationship (which included an engagement, marriage, and baby) it was kind of like being high all the time- there was always something new and exciting right around the corner. I mean, they went from the top of the world to public humiliation, unknown job prospects, and a two month old child and a mom with (likely) post partum depression. That kind of swing would be hard for any couple to navigate, let alone two emotionally stunted, immature people (which I think Hank is/was, although not on Kendra's level- I mean, Hank was what, 25, when all this went down? Still pretty young).

14 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I totally see why a guy would want to date Kendra. That said, a lot of times I thought Kendra's, "I'm just one of the guys" was an act and she was deceptively extremely high maintenance- far more than any self proclaimed "girly girl" would have been. That would have been made clear to any guy that dated her for an extended period of time. But Hank was worried she'd get bored with him, I think, and wanted to lock that down. They have two kids, so I can't say it was a mistake, but, it was...not smart.

• Love 5

Yes! Because as messed up as it sounds moving in to the Playboy mansion gave her a stability, security she never had. I believe her when she said Hef saved her life. 

I also think Hank fell in love with her potential. She claimed she wanted a simple family life. But she couldn’t seem to function without or stay away from cameras. Even now. 

Perhaps those misogynistic, controlling rules of Hef actually helped Kendra (the curfew, not being allowed to associate with anyone not approved by Hef, etc.). As infuriating as they were to the average person (who tells a 25 year old woman she has to be home by nine or she's locked out of the house, no exceptions?), that may have been what kept Kendra on the straight and narrow for 5 years. (Obviously the straight and narrow is relative here- Kendra was taking quaaludes and drinking while simulating sex with other women for Hef's pleasure, but this was a controlled environment).

• Love 4

I was a big fan of the show back when it aired originally.  I was fascinated by Kendra in some ways, but preferred the other ladies much more.  Then, after Kendra left and got her own show…..omg, I detested her.  I thought she treated Hank horribly, though, I think he had his own issues, as someone posted upthread.  Probably good they split.

Kendra was recently on Tamron Hall.  She got her real estate license and is doing great co-parenting with Hank. She says it’s going great.  So…….I’m happy for them.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Tatum said:

Kendra is on Amazon Prime for free (with commercials). I am bouncing around the first two seasons. It isn't fun to watch after the Superbowl episode. That really seemed like the beginning of the end for them, even though they went on to have another child and were married another 8 years.

I imagine in the first 18 months of their relationship (which included an engagement, marriage, and baby) it was kind of like being high all the time- there was always something new and exciting right around the corner. I mean, they went from the top of the world to public humiliation, unknown job prospects, and a two month old child and a mom with (likely) post partum depression. That kind of swing would be hard for any couple to navigate, let alone two emotionally stunted, immature people (which I think Hank is/was, although not on Kendra's level- I mean, Hank was what, 25, when all this went down? Still pretty young).

I totally see why a guy would want to date Kendra. That said, a lot of times I thought Kendra's, "I'm just one of the guys" was an act and she was deceptively extremely high maintenance- far more than any self proclaimed "girly girl" would have been. That would have been made clear to any guy that dated her for an extended period of time. But Hank was worried she'd get bored with him, I think, and wanted to lock that down. They have two kids, so I can't say it was a mistake, but, it was...not smart.

I think Hank fell head over heels for Kenya and she looked at him as a means to get out of a weird situationship with Hef.  I do not know what happened with their marriage but it always seemed like he was more into her than she was into him.

She has done pretty well for herself if you consider where she came from.

• Love 3

It seems she’s past tv stuff, based on the interview. I wonder if she might catch a role on a real estate show like Million Dollar Listing LA.  I’m not sure how her personality would mesh with the existing cast on that show.  

• Useful 3
4 hours ago, Tatum said:

Perhaps those misogynistic, controlling rules of Hef actually helped Kendra (the curfew, not being allowed to associate with anyone not approved by Hef, etc.). As infuriating as they were to the average person (who tells a 25 year old woman she has to be home by nine or she's locked out of the house, no exceptions?), that may have been what kept Kendra on the straight and narrow for 5 years. (Obviously the straight and narrow is relative here- Kendra was taking quaaludes and drinking while simulating sex with other women for Hef's pleasure, but this was a controlled environment).

I never understood Kendra's mom who was soo excited for her barely legal daughter to live in the Playboy mansion let alone be a gf to Hugh Hefner. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Tatum said:

For sure! I've wondered if one reason people get depressed at a certain age or go through midlife crisis is because so many of those exciting moments come to a halt for awhile-graduations, engagements, marriage, new babies, then it's kind of just life. And yes, Hank was only a few years older then Kendra even though he was much more mature.

Very true. People get high maintenance and girly confused. I know some very girly women who don't need to marry rich men or live a luxury lifestyle. Many never had implants, hair extensions, don't get manicures, etc. Kendra may not have been as girly as Bridget and Holly, but she wasn't totally one of the guys or low maintenance either.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, TrixieTrue said:

I think Kendra is not as known for GND as Holly and Bridget, but only because she's done so many other reality shows. That's really her bread and butter. I wouldn't have thought that a reality show career would have lasted this long. 

I've been watching Holly's recaps and she's pretty positive about a lot of things. Obviously not things with Hef. But she's commented that it's fun to see her pets, Bridget's room, and some of their friends. In the one about the trip to Lodi, she talked about Stacey Burke and it showed the Stacey was really their friend, not a hang-on of Hef's.  

It’s shocking Kendra’s show lasted as long as it did but it looks like the last 2-3 seasons of her last show coasted on imaginary storylines. How much of their drama was manufactured as a way to stay on tv? 
LOVED the Stacey mention. She’s a very sweet person. I have a soft spot for Stacey, especially after all she’s been through. 

10 hours ago, Tatum said:

Perhaps those misogynistic, controlling rules of Hef actually helped Kendra

Absolutely. She seemed to thrive from the stability, structure under the rules. Minus getting in trouble for being too friendly with Butlers. But she was just happy enough to be living there. We get an allowance? Cool! 

7 hours ago, dariafan said:

I’m glad she’s growing up , but I think she needs to stay off tv 

Me too 

7 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It seems she’s past tv stuff, based on the interview. I wonder if she might catch a role on a real estate show like Million Dollar Listing LA.  I’m not sure how her personality would mesh with the existing cast on that show.  

She’s promoting her new real estate show. I was hoping she earned a license to get away from reality tv but no ☹️

5 hours ago, Nicmar said:

I never understood Kendra's mom who was soo excited for her barely legal daughter to live in the Playboy mansion let alone be a gf to Hugh Hefner. 

It was safer than the strip club and sketchy boyfriend she was living with? Patti didn’t have any say in the matter though. Kendra was a legal adult. 
Adding that Kendra’s Uncle worked at the AC Playboy so to her family I think Playboy still held some cache of being special. 

Edited by LemonSoda
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

It’s shocking Kendra’s show lasted as long as it did but it looks like the last 2-3 seasons of her last show coasted on imaginary storylines. How much of their drama was manufactured as a way to stay on tv? 
LOVED the Stacey mention. She’s a very sweet person. I have a soft spot for Stacey, especially after all she’s been through. 

Absolutely. She seemed to thrive from the stability, structure under the rules. Minus getting in trouble for being too friendly with Butlers. But she was just happy enough to be living there. We get an allowance? Cool! 

Me too 

She’s promoting her new real estate show. I was hoping she earned a license to get away from reality tv but no ☹️

It was safer than the strip club and sketchy boyfriend she was living with? Patti didn’t have any say in the matter though. Kendra was a legal adult. 
Adding that Kendra’s Uncle worked at the AC Playboy so to her family I think Playboy still held some cache of being special. 

I didn’t hear about any show, but…..I’m not surprised.  I will say that I was shocked she passed the exams for licensing.  There’s a state test and national.  I can attest that it’s not easy.  I studied a lot and had taken 75 hrs of classes and passed class test, and it was still very challenging.  It’s very surprising she passed the first time.  She said it was the first text she ever passed! 🤣

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LemonSoda said:

Me too 

Honestly, despite all the stories of drama, a lot of the Playmates/girls around the mansion actually seem like nice people. Wasn't Cristal also said to be very sweet?

I wonder if Kendra got addicted to being on TV? I'm sure the money is really appealing, lot of people who are funny have this need to entertain, maybe Kendra has that as well. 

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I didn’t hear about any show, but…..I’m not surprised.  I will say that I was shocked she passed the exams for licensing.  There’s a state test and national.  I can attest that it’s not easy.  I studied a lot and had taken 75 hrs of classes and passed class test, and it was still very challenging.  It’s very surprising she passed the first time.  She said it was the first text she ever passed! 🤣

It may have been the first test Kendra ever really tried to pass. I wouldn't be surprised if the importance of an education and learning weren't really stressed to Kendra. I do think she has her smarts about her. IRC, she invested in real estate pretty young. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, RealHousewife said:

Honestly, despite all the stories of drama, a lot of the Playmates/girls around the mansion actually seem like nice people. Wasn't Cristal also said to be very sweet?

I wonder if Kendra got addicted to being on TV? I'm sure the money is really appealing, lot of people who are funny have this need to entertain, maybe Kendra has that as well. 

It may have been the first test Kendra ever really tried to pass. I wouldn't be surprised if the importance of an education and learning weren't really stressed to Kendra. I do think she has her smarts about her. IRC, she invested in real estate pretty young. 

This is unfortunately a subject I’ve thought about way too much over the years. How many of the girls were actually “mean”? Because they all have not very nice things to say about each other but as we’ve discussed on here before each woman (opportunist or not) who lived there had a shared existence that no one else can relate to. How many are genuinely cruel? Everyone says Crystal is a sweet person.  How much was it her own behavior? How much was plotted by Hef? 

I think so. I also think Kendra bought too much in to her own hype, self importance and there’s also Um what do I do now? She had no skills. All of her various opportunities over the years she dropped out of boredom or bad partnerships. 

• Love 2