Type keyword(s) to search

Girls Next Door - General Discussion

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

Absolutely! They all play the game of "I was different" and they're not. Even Izzy going on and on about her education. She did the same thing all the other girls did post mansion, wealthy man to wealthy man. Nothing about using it to empower herself. Everyone was at the mansion for the same reason. A boost, fame, a cozy life. 

I think Holly actually had those genuine feelings at one time. I'm not sure how long they lasted or what but I do believe at one time she really did love him or thought she did and wanted that happily ever after but admitting that would be too embarrassing and not stop the influx of Hef related questions. Also as insane as this sounds I truly believe Hef was genuine when he said he should've married her, not marrying her was a mistake. I know he's been written by many as awful and abusive but for all the analyzation and excuses for themselves for their choices, behavior many of the women have made - they have never looked at anything from Hef's angle. He was as emotionally damaged, if not more than they were. He came from a place where everyone he loved either cheated on him, used him or turned on him. That alone would make someone thrive on power. Not trying to be the male sympathizer here but it's food for thought. 

You know I truly believe it when Kendra said Hef saved her life. I think she was in and came from a darker place than she's ever been willing to tell and that's okay we don't need to know all of anyone secrets. But if the meth issues are true that alone says all I need to know. She alluded to those on MySpace back in the day. Other times she said Hef pulled her out of a bad situation. Even as gross and vulgar as she got in her defense of him which again I still say she went about it the wrong way, I understand why she's so defensive of him. Without moving in to the mansion she could still be an addict or worse, dead. He was the Father figure and protector she never had. 

I also remember on MySpace she made a big deal out of adidas jogging pants and a bra that premansion were considered unattainable to her. True! I still love Holly, always will but I do think she's a bit more calculating than she'll ever admit to. 

Tatum, I love it too! I haven't been to one in years. I need to correct that soon. Ugh, I hate that on social media! That $80 dinner bill is a huge treat or splurge for millions.

RealHousewife, that kills me! There's a model/actress I follow and it kills me when she tries constantly to do all this relatable stuff because it's not. To her it might be. She's been in the industry over two decades and she married well. So the $600 skincare faves, the $538 makeup tutorial is cheap to her. It's like, I really like you but please stop because we see in your pictures your house isn't full of the crafts you make or DIY things. 

Even places like Kohl's aren't in some budgets,I see comments from girls who save up to splurge on the Lauren Conrad stuff. So all this oh so relatable stuff can stop.

Excellent post, especially the bolded part. 

I absolutely think Holly wanted to snag a man who had money. I don't think this makes her a horrible person, just not all naivety and innocence. IRC, Izabella admitted that the gf's were nobody's fools but that they couldn't really say that. I honestly think Holly's route is a better way to go than women who get involved with men who they know cannot support the lifestyles they want and they rip the guy apart for it, what they get is never good enough, and completely drain the guy's wallet, make him work 24/7. This has happened to guy friends of mine. 

If part of Holly's appeal as a woman is her appearance, and part of a man's appeal to Holly is his money, as far as I'm concerned it's a fair trade. lol

I agree that Holly is more calculating than she leads on. Her only options in life weren't being homeless or becoming a long-term resident of the Playboy Mansion. I also get that once women get to their late 20's they want children, but trying to have a baby with Hugh Hefner screamed wanting to get some good coins imo. I don't think it's right to have a baby with someone who you know won't be around to watch the child grow up. 

Yeah I'm sure it's hard for some people to truly relate to a lot of the population, and it's not necessarily their fault. I don't think I could blame someone like Ivanka Trump for not understanding that Olive Garden could possibly be a splurge for many people. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Yeah I'm sure it's hard for some people to truly relate to a lot of the population, and it's not necessarily their fault. I don't think I could blame someone like Ivanka Trump for not understanding that Olive Garden could possibly be a splurge for many people. 

Right, but that’s not what bothers me. I doubt Ivanka will ever find herself in an Olive Garden, but she probably wouldn’t make  a post mocking herself the one time through some twist of fate she ends up there. 

The ones I notice are largely upper middle class (but not wealthy) women who pride themselves on being way too cultured to appreciate the Olive Garden but get dragged there by their less sophisticated extended family members or in some cases their kids.  They always end up posting it on social media with some self deprecating joke about how they are there, offering up mocking material for their like minded friends.

It just seems tasteless and pretentious. Like a humble brag- I’m going to pretend I’m making fun of myself, but I’m really obliquely boasting about how the restaurant is beneath me. 

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I absolutely think Holly wanted to snag a man who had money. I don't think this makes her a horrible person, just not all naivety and innocence. IRC, Izabella admitted that the gf's were nobody's fools but that they couldn't really say that. I honestly think Holly's route is a better way to go than women who get involved with men who they know cannot support the lifestyles they want and they rip the guy apart for it, what they get is never good enough, and completely drain the guy's wallet, make him work 24/7. This has happened to guy friends of mine. 

If part of Holly's appeal as a woman is her appearance, and part of a man's appeal to Holly is his money, as far as I'm concerned it's a fair trade. lol

I agree that Holly is more calculating than she leads on. Her only options in life weren't being homeless or becoming a long-term resident of the Playboy Mansion. I also get that once women get to their late 20's they want children, but trying to have a baby with Hugh Hefner screamed wanting to get some good coins imo. I don't think it's right to have a baby with someone who you know won't be around to watch the child grow up. 

I don't think wanting someone with money or even plain financial security makes anyone horrible. In fact, I believe many relationships would be better off if each person were more upfront about their finances period. 

I've had that happen to guy friends too! It's awful! I've also had female friends who married guys swamped in debt but didn't know it. Because they had never even thought to ask about his finances. 

Total fair trade!

Right? I have no doubt she's rewritten a lot of her emotional history to suit where she is in life today or where she was when she wrote her books. I'm guilty of it too so I understand it. Usually it's less about you than it is the way you want to be perceived. In your own head and heart you're not bothered by something but others make you feel annoyed or embarrassed about it. 

So very true! I think it's just as cruel on the opposite spectrum. I saw a show once where a billionaires daughter was getting laughed at because she had never been to certain stores or restaurants nor heard of them. It was intended for humor but I found it just as sad as making fun of someone from a lower income bracket who hasn't been to Prada. Of course I'm a weirdo about that. Remember when The Simple Life was new and everyone was making fun of Paris Hilton for never going to a Walmart? She's never lived anywhere that has Walmart stores so it's not familiar to her. 

13 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Right, but that’s not what bothers me. I doubt Ivanka will ever find herself in an Olive Garden, but she probably wouldn’t make  a post mocking herself the one time through some twist of fate she ends up there. 

The ones I notice are largely upper middle class (but not wealthy) women who pride themselves on being way too cultured to appreciate the Olive Garden but get dragged there by their less sophisticated extended family members or in some cases their kids.  They always end up posting it on social media with some self deprecating joke about how they are there, offering up mocking material for their like minded friends.

It just seems tasteless and pretentious. Like a humble brag- I’m going to pretend I’m making fun of myself, but I’m really obliquely boasting about how the restaurant is beneath me. 

I knew what you meant! I find it disgusting and sad. I see it with stores too. Oh gross! I'm in IKEA! 

5 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

All this talk about Olive Garden has made me crave their breadsticks.  😉

That's why I haven't been there in many years. I eat the entire basket. Then ask for more. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
15 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

I don't think wanting someone with money or even plain financial security makes anyone horrible. In fact, I believe many relationships would be better off if each person were more upfront about their finances period. 

I've had that happen to guy friends too! It's awful! I've also had female friends who married guys swamped in debt but didn't know it. Because they had never even thought to ask about his finances. 

Total fair trade!

Right? I have no doubt she's rewritten a lot of her emotional history to suit where she is in life today or where she was when she wrote her books. I'm guilty of it too so I understand it. Usually it's less about you than it is the way you want to be perceived. In your own head and heart you're not bothered by something but others make you feel annoyed or embarrassed about it. 

So very true! I think it's just as cruel on the opposite spectrum. I saw a show once where a billionaires daughter was getting laughed at because she had never been to certain stores or restaurants nor heard of them. It was intended for humor but I found it just as sad as making fun of someone from a lower income bracket who hasn't been to Prada. Of course I'm a weirdo about that. Remember when The Simple Life was new and everyone was making fun of Paris Hilton for never going to a Walmart? She's never lived anywhere that has Walmart stores so it's not familiar to her. 

I don’t need a multimillionaire like Hef, but I do like financial security myself. If you think you may have a family with someone, it does matter imo. If it were just me forever, I wouldn’t care about a guy’s job or status at all. I simply don’t like the idea of a guy who’s not educated, has no desire to be educated, and is content working whatever job he can find. To me it would be stressful having to struggle. I’d like my kids to live in a nice house, go to good schools, have money for nice clothes, after school activities, never worry about things like medical expenses should they come up, etc. I would never marry someone way older or that I have no chemistry with, but I like the security of being with a doctor, dentist, engineer, someone with family money who is a hard worker, etc. I’ve also experienced guys with less trying to make me a sugar mama. It’s one thing when you’re married, total turnoff when a relationship is new.

LOL I won’t lie. I chuckled when Adrienne Maloof struggled making PB&J and thought she should wash meat with hand soap on Real housewives. It’s not that I’m judging her exactly. I wouldn’t expect her to know things she has no need to. It’s not her fault she grew up in extreme wealth. It’s just funny to me! 

Paris admitted later on that of course she knew what Walmart was but played dumb for the show. I could see someone like her never stepping foot into one but still having an idea what the store is. 

Bridget’s man has money too, right? He’s certainly easy on the eyes!!!

@ Tatum, that’s just snobbery to me. Definitely not cool. And you’re right, my experience is it’s always the somewhat rich folks who display it. The very wealthy people I know usually aren’t like that. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

@ Tatum, that’s just snobbery to me. Definitely not cool. And you’re right, my experience is it’s always the somewhat rich folks who display it. The very wealthy people I know usually aren’t like that. 

Right, the wealthy people know that's tacky. The wannabes are the ones that are doing it thinking it makes them appear wealthy/sophisticated/cultured.

I figured Paris knew what Walmart was- you would have to be pretty ignorant to not know a national chain of stores, regardless of never going there.

Plus, Paris is a late 80s/90s kid like me. Guarantee she's seen Where the Heart is with Natalie Portman 😂.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I don’t need a multimillionaire like Hef, but I do like financial security myself. If you think you may have a family with someone, it does matter imo. If it were just me forever, I wouldn’t care about a guy’s job or status at all. I simply don’t like the idea of a guy who’s not educated, has no desire to be educated, and is content working whatever job he can find. To me it would be stressful having to struggle. I’d like my kids to live in a nice house, go to good schools, have money for nice clothes, after school activities, never worry about things like medical expenses should they come up, etc. I would never marry someone way older or that I have no chemistry with, but I like the security of being with a doctor, dentist, engineer, someone with family money who is a hard worker, etc. I’ve also experienced guys with less trying to make me a sugar mama. It’s one thing when you’re married, total turnoff when a relationship is new.

LOL I won’t lie. I chuckled when Adrienne Maloof struggled making PB&J and thought she should wash meat with hand soap on Real housewives. It’s not that I’m judging her exactly. I wouldn’t expect her to know things she has no need to. It’s not her fault she grew up in extreme wealth. It’s just funny to me! 

Paris admitted later on that of course she knew what Walmart was but played dumb for the show. I could see someone like her never stepping foot into one but still having an idea what the store is. 

Bridget’s man has money too, right? He’s certainly easy on the eyes!!!

I've found that when people say they want to be wealthy, Most of them if you really get to talking want security and a financial cushion not true full wealth. I found that really interesting. 

That was hilarious! I read that Adrienne did that for the cameras which made me feel better about laughing. Oh I miss that first season of BH with all the luxury homes, travel. 

Not sure if Nick has money or not. They really downsized their lives a few years ago which lead to a lot of speculating about that. Bridget sold her house, her Porsche, a lot of her old things even the Bobby Trendy furniture. Now they're in a simple but very nice condo. I keep hoping she'll get that baby they both so desperately want. 

Its definitely snobbery and the truly rich would never act like that. It's the upper middle class or wannabe types who make jokes about slumming it at Chilis or IKEA.

All this Paris talk makes me want to watch The Simple Life. 

Anyone remember talk of a GND spinoff featuring Playmates called The Bunny House? I think there was potential for a fun show there. 

Yes! Unfortunately by then E! Saw there wasn't much of an audience if the original 3 weren't involved somehow. I think if they had greenlit it earlier, let it follow the time slot after the originals it might've had a shot. Claire Sinclair is gorgeous, witty and I don't understand why she isn't much more well known. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Seeing this thread brings back a lot of memories from the TVwoP days. I can't remember anything specific about the show, other than mocking Holly as she kept trying to drop hints about getting married and bearing his children, Bridgette's stupid obsession with pink, low-class Kendra braying like a donkey, and their lame replacements, the Incest Twins and a blond lump named Crystal.

Edited by Ubiquitous
:s/Sisters/Twins
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, LemonSoda said:

I've found that when people say they want to be wealthy, Most of them if you really get to talking want security and a financial cushion not true full wealth. I found that really interesting. 

That was hilarious! I read that Adrienne did that for the cameras which made me feel better about laughing. Oh I miss that first season of BH with all the luxury homes, travel. 

Not sure if Nick has money or not. They really downsized their lives a few years ago which lead to a lot of speculating about that. Bridget sold her house, her Porsche, a lot of her old things even the Bobby Trendy furniture. Now they're in a simple but very nice condo. I keep hoping she'll get that baby they both so desperately want. 

Its definitely snobbery and the truly rich would never act like that. It's the upper middle class or wannabe types who make jokes about slumming it at Chilis or IKEA.

All this Paris talk makes me want to watch The Simple Life. 

Yes! Unfortunately by then E! Saw there wasn't much of an audience if the original 3 weren't involved somehow. I think if they had greenlit it earlier, let it follow the time slot after the originals it might've had a shot. Claire Sinclair is gorgeous, witty and I don't understand why she isn't much more well known. 

Exactly. I don’t think that makes one a gold digger. 

Oh really? I remember Paul being like you poor, poor girl with the sandwich. lol And then at the reunion discussing washing meat she said she had Bernie for a reason. 

I wasn’t laughing at Adrienne like oh stupid woman. It was funny just because it showed how different women with some serious coins can be. Why would she have to ever wash meat? Lol 

I see. I don’t know about Nick, but Bridget seemed like the kind of girl who liked things to be pretty, not necessarily extravagant. I’m sure she’s fine without a Porsche and designer clothes. 

I hope they get a baby too. I wonder if they’ve considered adopting. 

I read E didn’t proceed with the show because they were trying to get away from anything Playboy related. 

Claire is adorable! She did somewhat resemble Barbi Benton, who I thought was one of the prettiest women Hef ever dated. I also thought Crystal McCahill was a knockout. Her eyes were beautiful. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

Seeing this thread brings back a lot of memories from the TVwoP days. I can't remember anything specific about the show, other than mocking Holly as she kept trying to drop hints about getting married and bearing his children, Bridgette's stupid obsession with pink, low-class Kendra braying like a donkey, and their lame replacements, the Incest Sisters and a blond lump named Crystal.

*wipes tear* I miss TWoP. No one except for the posters there agreed with me about Kendra's donkey bray! 

59 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Exactly. I don’t think that makes one a gold digger. 

Oh really? I remember Paul being like you poor, poor girl with the sandwich. lol And then at the reunion discussing washing meat she said she had Bernie for a reason. 

I wasn’t laughing at Adrienne like oh stupid woman. It was funny just because it showed how different women with some serious coins can be. Why would she have to ever wash meat? Lol 

I see. I don’t know about Nick, but Bridget seemed like the kind of girl who liked things to be pretty, not necessarily extravagant. I’m sure she’s fine without a Porsche and designer clothes. 

I hope they get a baby too. I wonder if they’ve considered adopting. 

I read E didn’t proceed with the show because they were trying to get away from anything Playboy related. 

Claire is adorable! She did somewhat resemble Barbi Benton, who I thought was one of the prettiest women Hef ever dated. I also thought Crystal McCahill was a knockout. Her eyes were beautiful. 

It doesn't! If anything we as society need to discuss finances more. Of course I  was killed on Twitter years ago when the Primates of Park Avenue came out and I tweeted I didn't see anything wrong with a wife receiving a percentage of her husband's yearly bonus.

She said she was hamming it up for the camera but her best meals come in reservations form lol The whole scenario was hilarious. I loved seeing all that BH extravagance.

I don't think she cared much about those things. She had a cute little red Mercedes convertible before the Porsche. If I remember correctly she was getting the car upgrade anyway and they turned it in to a storyline for the show. Me too! I know she wants to be a Mom so badly. I thought it was brave to tell her story especially at a time so many of us are freezing eggs for future insurance. All the focus is on freezing them. No one talks about what happens when they don't survive the thawing process. 

That may be the reason! That's what Holly was told when her show wasn't renewed which I found silly considering her show wasn't playboy. I know the GND with Crystal and the twins didn't do well at all and ratings tanked so the network probably thought oh this ship has sailed! Then E! Turned in to the Kardashian network ugh. 

Isnt she? Claire is adorable with a great personality so I never understood why playboy didn't promote her more. She has crossover appeal. Maybe it was due to the domestic violence situation? Either way they could've done more to promote her and in return promote the brand. 

I loved her eyes too! I hate how some of these girls are so gorgeous then they never do anything else! 

• Love 4
(edited)
15 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

*wipes tear* I miss TWoP. No one except for the posters there agreed with me about Kendra's donkey bray! 

It doesn't! If anything we as society need to discuss finances more. Of course I  was killed on Twitter years ago when the Primates of Park Avenue came out and I tweeted I didn't see anything wrong with a wife receiving a percentage of her husband's yearly bonus.

She said she was hamming it up for the camera but her best meals come in reservations form lol The whole scenario was hilarious. I loved seeing all that BH extravagance.

I don't think she cared much about those things. She had a cute little red Mercedes convertible before the Porsche. If I remember correctly she was getting the car upgrade anyway and they turned it in to a storyline for the show. Me too! I know she wants to be a Mom so badly. I thought it was brave to tell her story especially at a time so many of us are freezing eggs for future insurance. All the focus is on freezing them. No one talks about what happens when they don't survive the thawing process. 

That may be the reason! That's what Holly was told when her show wasn't renewed which I found silly considering her show wasn't playboy. I know the GND with Crystal and the twins didn't do well at all and ratings tanked so the network probably thought oh this ship has sailed! Then E! Turned in to the Kardashian network ugh. 

Isnt she? Claire is adorable with a great personality so I never understood why playboy didn't promote her more. She has crossover appeal. Maybe it was due to the domestic violence situation? Either way they could've done more to promote her and in return promote the brand. 

I loved her eyes too! I hate how some of these girls are so gorgeous then they never do anything else! 

LOL!

Me too! I’m grateful for everything I’ve been blessed with, but I most certainly did not grow up like a Maloof or have experienced anything like the Playboy Mansion. It’s fun to see how they all live. 

Yeah I know people love the Kardashians, but E was so much funner before they took over the network. 

What Hef’s son did to her was sad. 😞 Yeah I also think she had crossover appeal. She had that natural, wholesome beauty and sweet personality. 

I know! I thought Sara Underwood was disgustingly cute. And I agree with Holly that Dasha was one of the most beautiful women I’d ever seen. I googled her, and I think she still works a lot in her native country. It is surprising more American Playmates don’t become bigger stars in the US when they’re so pretty. Seriously, how many women look like Tiffany Fallon? (I know she and Dasha resembled each other, but you know what I mean. Both world-class beauties.) Playboy gets a rep for all the models being carbon copies, but they’ve had some ridiculously pretty women throughout the years. You’d expect more of them to become actresses, TV personalities, or even big on YouTube. I’d totally watch any of these gorgeous girls do makeup tutorials and whatnot.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

LOL!

Me too! I’m grateful for everything I’ve been blessed with, but I most certainly did not grow up like a Maloof or have experienced anything like the Playboy Mansion. It’s fun to see how they all live. 

Yeah I know people love the Kardashians, but E was so much funner before they took over the network. 

What Hef’s son did to her was sad. 😞 Yeah I also think she had crossover appeal. She had that natural, wholesome beauty and sweet personality. 

I know! I thought Sara Underwood was disgustingly cute. And I agree with Holly that Dasha was one of the most beautiful women I’d ever seen. I googled her, and I think she still works a lot in her native country. It is surprising more American Playmates don’t become bigger stars in the US when they’re so pretty. Seriously, how many women look like Tiffany Fallon? (I know she and Dasha resembled each other, but you know what I mean. Both world-class beauties.) Playboy gets a rep for all the models being carbon copies, but they’ve had some ridiculously pretty women throughout the years. You’d expect more of them to become actresses, TV personalities, or even big on YouTube. I’d totally watch any of these gorgeous girls do makeup tutorials and whatnot.

Me too! Even when the girls would complain about how ran down the mansion was all I could think about was uh you still have a 24 hour kitchen, laundry service, a gym, a pool, and other luxuries. I like seeing luxe lives! 

I know and I still haven't figured out why they're so beloved and popular. E! was so much better before they took over the network. I wish they'd have a retro E channel, or at least add more of their older programming to On Demand or ITunes. I know it probably has to do with rights or something but I wish they'd add GND and Holly's World back to the iTunes Store. 

Thats what I didnt and still don't understand, Why some of these women weren't bigger. I'm not saying that they'd be the next Pamela or Margot Robbie but you're right they've showcased some extraordinary women over the years who faded in to obscurity. 

Yes to the makeup tutorials. You know, even with having her own lines over the years I didn't understand why the late Alexis Vogel wasn't more well known. She created that look. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

Me too! Even when the girls would complain about how ran down the mansion was all I could think about was uh you still have a 24 hour kitchen, laundry service, a gym, a pool, and other luxuries. I like seeing luxe lives! 

I know and I still haven't figured out why they're so beloved and popular. E! was so much better before they took over the network. I wish they'd have a retro E channel, or at least add more of their older programming to On Demand or ITunes. I know it probably has to do with rights or something but I wish they'd add GND and Holly's World back to the iTunes Store. 

Thats what I didnt and still don't understand, Why some of these women weren't bigger. I'm not saying that they'd be the next Pamela or Margot Robbie but you're right they've showcased some extraordinary women over the years who faded in to obscurity. 

Yes to the makeup tutorials. You know, even with having her own lines over the years I didn't understand why the late Alexis Vogel wasn't more well known. She created that look. 

Yes, lifestyle porn! 

I don’t find the Kardashians intriguing just because they’re everywhere and have been for many years now. With GND, we had no idea what Hef’s girlfriends were like. I didn’t know anything about Playmates. I didn’t know anything about being a Vegas showgirl. It was all new to me and very interesting. 

Omg I didn’t know Alexis passed. I’m so sad!!! I loved her work and also never understood why she wasn’t more well-known. I always wished they sold her makeup at Sephora or Ulta. I bought her videos many years ago and ordered some lip gloss from her newer line. I wanted to try out more stuff but was leery of ordering pricy makeup without being able to try shades. I literally was just looking online last week to see if I could buy her book without the makeup. I thought she was so talented, and I always wanted her to do my makeup at least once. I remember Holly was a fan of Alexis. I read somewhere she learned how to do makeup by watching her videos and her kit. I wonder who Pam has do her makeup now. She said the first time Alexis did her makeup, she was like “I want you for every day of my life.” 

I think Holly did a lot of her own makeup on GND. She does the simple bombshell look so well. With the contrast of her big dark brown eyes and her platinum blonde hair, and then her poreless skin, she looked like such a bombshell with simple makeup. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Yes, lifestyle porn! 

I don’t find the Kardashians intriguing just because they’re everywhere and have been for many years now. With GND, we had no idea what Hef’s girlfriends were like. I didn’t know anything about Playmates. I didn’t know anything about being a Vegas showgirl. It was all new to me and very interesting. 

Omg I didn’t know Alexis passed. I’m so sad!!! I loved her work and also never understood why she wasn’t more well-known. I always wished they sold her makeup at Sephora or Ulta. I bought her videos many years ago and ordered some lip gloss from her newer line. I wanted to try out more stuff but was leery of ordering pricy makeup without being able to try shades. I literally was just looking online last week to see if I could buy her book without the makeup. I thought she was so talented, and I always wanted her to do my makeup at least once. I remember Holly was a fan of Alexis. I read somewhere she learned how to do makeup by watching her videos and her kit. I wonder who Pam has do her makeup now. She said the first time Alexis did her makeup, she was like “I want you for every day of my life.” 

I think Holly did a lot of her own makeup on GND. She does the simple bombshell look so well. With the contrast of her big dark brown eyes and her platinum blonde hair, and then her poreless skin, she looked like such a bombshell with simple makeup. 

Yes! I like seeing that! And prefer it. 

But even when they weren't everywhere I just didn't find anything interesting or intriguing about them. With the GND, Vegas showgirls, they're things that we don't look in to the window of and it's interesting. Or even shows like Coco and Ice where the real surprise is how shockingly normal they are. But I've never understood the Kardashian appeal. 

It wasn't very long ago. I wonder if it was a combo of working for who she did and bad distribution? I bought the original kits off of the infomercial but when I ran out of certain things I went to re order and they weren't selling individual items which sucked. The newer line Ravishing is great. I stocked up on the bee stung gloss when it came out. I too hate buying things I can't test but I can say I love the cake liners, eye pencils and gloss. The concealers and foundations are a bit heavy but this is makeup meant for great photographs not running errands. I wanted her to do my makeup too! I'm bummed I never booked a session, if anything just for the experience. Pam did a shoot a few years ago where she did her own makeup and it looked good, I think she learned a lot from Alexis. I remember a scene in VIP that  stood out because I'd never seen anything like it before. Val, Pams character is getting ready in a hurry and she's putting eyeshadow on then she takes her finger, dips it in the shimmery pale shadow and dabs it on the center of her lips. I was like what? Then a few years later I saw Alexis do it on a makeover. Lip contouring before contouring was everything. 

Holly did a lot of her own makeup. I know she mentioned in her book that after seeing how bland she looked in photos she began to spend hours practicing looks on herself. How to make her lips bigger, how to contour her features. Also the part where production interviewers said something along the lines of being beautiful and she snapped back "I made myself beautiful"

Makeup changes Bridget's face a lot too. When she contours her nose it looks completely different. 

• Love 3
(edited)
38 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

Yes! I like seeing that! And prefer it. 

But even when they weren't everywhere I just didn't find anything interesting or intriguing about them. With the GND, Vegas showgirls, they're things that we don't look in to the window of and it's interesting. Or even shows like Coco and Ice where the real surprise is how shockingly normal they are. But I've never understood the Kardashian appeal. 

It wasn't very long ago. I wonder if it was a combo of working for who she did and bad distribution? I bought the original kits off of the infomercial but when I ran out of certain things I went to re order and they weren't selling individual items which sucked. The newer line Ravishing is great. I stocked up on the bee stung gloss when it came out. I too hate buying things I can't test but I can say I love the cake liners, eye pencils and gloss. The concealers and foundations are a bit heavy but this is makeup meant for great photographs not running errands. I wanted her to do my makeup too! I'm bummed I never booked a session, if anything just for the experience. Pam did a shoot a few years ago where she did her own makeup and it looked good, I think she learned a lot from Alexis. I remember a scene in VIP that  stood out because I'd never seen anything like it before. Val, Pams character is getting ready in a hurry and she's putting eyeshadow on then she takes her finger, dips it in the shimmery pale shadow and dabs it on the center of her lips. I was like what? Then a few years later I saw Alexis do it on a makeover. Lip contouring before contouring was everything. 

Holly did a lot of her own makeup. I know she mentioned in her book that after seeing how bland she looked in photos she began to spend hours practicing looks on herself. How to make her lips bigger, how to contour her features. Also the part where production interviewers said something along the lines of being beautiful and she snapped back "I made myself beautiful"

Makeup changes Bridget's face a lot too. When she contours her nose it looks completely different. 

Totally agree! I didn't dream of being a Playmate as a kid, but I did grow up with Barbie and the Baywatch era of Pam Anderson and Carmen Electra. I wanted to be beautiful like those girls and have those Playboy model bodies. Seeing what Hef's girlfriends and what Playmates were like was interesting to me. I also love seeing glamorous lifestyles, which is why I love RHBH. Besides GND and Holly's World, I do remember there were other shows on E at the time I liked too. I preferred Kendra's show to the Kardashians, even freaking Sunset Tan. lol People assume I'd be a Kardashian fan as a reality TV person who loves makeup, fashion, etc, but I couldn't get into their shows. 

It's a shame her business wasn't handled differently. There are so many women who love that sexy makeup she did. With the right marketing and distribution, I think her makeup would have sold like hot cakes, especially when Pam Anderson and then GND were all the rage. I too thought it would have been a cool experience to have her do my makeup. I love how Alexis did lips! 

Yeah Holly said learning how to do makeup really transformed her, not just the nose job. Makeup makes a world of difference. I also remember her saying because she was smart, she could make herself beautiful if she wanted to be. I think she said she wasn't sure if the person who asked her about being beautiful was sincere or something, because she was used to being made to feel she wasn't pretty enough. 😞 Holly pulls off being the sexy, confident girl when she's modeling and dolled up, but I think she's incredibly self-critical. She's mentioned struggling with acne, and she has the prettiest skin ever! 

I didn't notice that! I think little noses run in Bridget's family. She, her mother and sister all have little noses. It's funny how the makeup styles have changed to where everyone is contouring their noses, whether they really need to or not. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Totally agree! I didn't dream of being a Playmate as a kid, but I did grow up with Barbie and the Baywatch era of Pam Anderson and Carmen Electra. I wanted to be beautiful like those girls and have those Playboy model bodies. Seeing what Hef's girlfriends and what Playmates were like was interesting to me. I also love seeing glamorous lifestyles, which is why I love RHBH. Besides GND and Holly's World, I do remember there were other shows on E at the time I liked too. I preferred Kendra's show to the Kardashians, even freaking Sunset Tan. lol People assume I'd be a Kardashian fan as a reality TV person who loves makeup, fashion, etc, but I couldn't get into their shows. 

It's a shame her business wasn't handled differently. There are so many women who love that sexy makeup she did. With the right marketing and distribution, I think her makeup would have sold like hot cakes, especially when Pam Anderson and then GND were all the rage. I too thought it would have been a cool experience to have her do my makeup. I love how Alexis did lips! 

Yeah Holly said learning how to do makeup really transformed her, not just the nose job. Makeup makes a world of difference. I also remember her saying because she was smart, she could make herself beautiful if she wanted to be. I think she said she wasn't sure if the person who asked her about being beautiful was sincere or something, because she was used to being made to feel she wasn't pretty enough. 😞 Holly pulls off being the sexy, confident girl when she's modeling and dolled up, but I think she's incredibly self-critical. She's mentioned struggling with acne, and she has the prettiest skin ever! 

I didn't notice that! I think little noses run in Bridget's family. She, her mother and sister all have little noses. It's funny how the makeup styles have changed to where everyone is contouring their noses, whether they really need to or not. 

I hesitate to use the world natural because I know those reading will cringe but I really love and still somewhat aspire to that Baywatch Pam/Carmen look. That beach bombshell glam. Toned body, tousled hair. I love it. 

Me too! I'd take Sunset Tan and Pretty Wild over the Kardashians. I'm sorry the two girls on Pretty Wild had so many problems because they both had beautiful faces, great bodies. They could've parlayed that in to something for themselves. Beauty and youth combined with the right exposure is a powerful thing. 

I wish Alexis' lines were more successful. I'd like to see Ravishing stay afloat and her techniques stay alive. I loved the way she lined the lips last in so many of her makeovers. 

Even Pam's short lived line back in the 90's was great. 

What kills me about Holly is she still doesn't seem to have that confidence she should have. She's beautiful with amazing skin. She's intelligent and fun. The needs to stop being so critical. We all do. 

Right? Too much contouring and too much unnecessary contouring. 

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

I hesitate to use the world natural because I know those reading will cringe but I really love and still somewhat aspire to that Baywatch Pam/Carmen look. That beach bombshell glam. Toned body, tousled hair. I love it. 

Me too! I'd take Sunset Tan and Pretty Wild over the Kardashians. I'm sorry the two girls on Pretty Wild had so many problems because they both had beautiful faces, great bodies. They could've parlayed that in to something for themselves. Beauty and youth combined with the right exposure is a powerful thing. 

I wish Alexis' lines were more successful. I'd like to see Ravishing stay afloat and her techniques stay alive. I loved the way she lined the lips last in so many of her makeovers. 

What kills me about Holly is she still doesn't seem to have that confidence she should have. She's beautiful with amazing skin. She's intelligent and fun. The needs to stop being so critical. We all do. 

Me too! I don’t like when hairstylists totally straighten my hair. I like big sexy hair! I think Playboy models have the best figures. They are thin and have curves, but they’re not sticks nor do they have those ginormous fake-looking butts that are in now. No offense to those who love that look, it’s just not my ideal. 

Pretty Wild sounds so familiar, but I can’t remember the faces! It’s sad so much potential doesn’t get used in so many different fields.

Yeah Alexis deserves more recognition. Very talented makeup artist. 

I missed Pam’s line. 😞

I know. Holly has everything. I think she may be a perfectionist. You’re right that it’s a normal thing we all struggle with. I remember both Bridget and Kendra saying they didn’t feel as pretty as celebs they’d see on the red carpet. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Me too! I don’t like when hairstylists totally straighten my hair. I like big sexy hair! I think Playboy models have the best figures. They are thin and have curves, but they’re not sticks nor do they have those ginormous fake-looking butts that are in now. No offense to those who love that look, it’s just not my ideal. 

Pretty Wild sounds so familiar, but I can’t remember the faces! It’s sad so much potential doesn’t get used in so many different fields.

Yeah Alexis deserves more recognition. Very talented makeup artist. 

I missed Pam’s line. 😞

I know. Holly has everything. I think she may be a perfectionist. You’re right that it’s a normal thing we all struggle with. I remember both Bridget and Kendra saying they didn’t feel as pretty as celebs they’d see on the red carpet. 

I like root volume! Me too! This is where I'm a hypocrite, I don't mind the curvaceous booties if they're someone's natural shape. I can't comprehend why all the enhancements are popular and I haven't seen a case where it actually improved someone's looks. Many look like they're wearing a saggy diaper. 

Oh it was with one of the girls who was in the Bling Ring. Alexis and Tess. Alexis had incredible eyes and both girls photographed beautifully. I think Tess was a playboy cyber girl or at least tried out for it. 

Pam's line was sadly short lived. It didn't even last six months. I think they made a limited number of kits and when they were gone that was it. It was a clear heart shaped pouch with mascara, black eyeliner with silver glitter in it, a cheek and lip stain, a medium pink shimmer gloss, a baby pink shimmer gloss, an eggplant shadow and a nail polish that was the most perfect not quite pink not quite white shade. The mascara was mascara nothing special, the eyeliner was amazing and this was a time when I think the only other glitter pencils out there were the $15 hard candy ones, the cheek and lip stain looked dark in the tube but was gorgeous on, the two glosses were very pigmented, shiny and long lasting. They had a fruity scent. The polish, I still haven't found a good dupe for, I should try to mix my own. Anyway the kits were $50. I bought two. When I called to order more they were sold out. This was in '98 or '99. 

Holly definitely has everything. Repeating myself but I'd love to see her perform again or do another tv show. I'm curious what the third book she's working on will be. I'd like a beauty and style book! I agree that she's a perfectionist. 

Kendra's acne making her insecure made me sad. I always felt terrible for Bridget when she said her looks hold her back both ways. She was told she was too curvy, bubbly and Pretty to be taken seriously for real tv jobs despite having more education than those on tv but wasn't as pretty as movie stars. It's sad how those with so much can still feel that way.  

• Love 4
11 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

I like root volume! Me too! This is where I'm a hypocrite, I don't mind the curvaceous booties if they're someone's natural shape. I can't comprehend why all the enhancements are popular and I haven't seen a case where it actually improved someone's looks. Many look like they're wearing a saggy diaper. 

Oh it was with one of the girls who was in the Bling Ring. Alexis and Tess. Alexis had incredible eyes and both girls photographed beautifully. I think Tess was a playboy cyber girl or at least tried out for it. 

Pam's line was sadly short lived. It didn't even last six months. I think they made a limited number of kits and when they were gone that was it. It was a clear heart shaped pouch with mascara, black eyeliner with silver glitter in it, a cheek and lip stain, a medium pink shimmer gloss, a baby pink shimmer gloss, an eggplant shadow and a nail polish that was the most perfect not quite pink not quite white shade. The mascara was mascara nothing special, the eyeliner was amazing and this was a time when I think the only other glitter pencils out there were the $15 hard candy ones, the cheek and lip stain looked dark in the tube but was gorgeous on, the two glosses were very pigmented, shiny and long lasting. They had a fruity scent. The polish, I still haven't found a good dupe for, I should try to mix my own. Anyway the kits were $50. I bought two. When I called to order more they were sold out. This was in '98 or '99. 

Holly definitely has everything. Repeating myself but I'd love to see her perform again or do another tv show. I'm curious what the third book she's working on will be. I'd like a beauty and style book! I agree that she's a perfectionist. 

Kendra's acne making her insecure made me sad. I always felt terrible for Bridget when she said her looks hold her back both ways. She was told she was too curvy, bubbly and Pretty to be taken seriously for real tv jobs despite having more education than those on tv but wasn't as pretty as movie stars. It's sad how those with so much can still feel that way.  

Yes it’s that saggy diaper look I don’t find attractive!

I just googled them, beautiful girls indeed! They look like they could be Playmates. 

Oh no wonder I missed out! Too bad they didn’t keep the line going longer. I would totally buy those kits if they sold them today. Pam is one of my ultimate makeup inspirations.

I wonder if Holly misses performing! I know she’s a mom now and may not be able to juggle performing on stage and a reality show the way she did before, but I do miss watching her on TV. I too would love a beauty and style book!

I’ve struggled with acne recently actually, and it really is hard to face the world when you feel like all anyone sees are the spots on your face. It may seem like no big deal to people who haven’t ever had bad acne, and I’m not saying it’s the worst thing that could ever happen by any means. But it does a number on your self-esteem. I don’t blame Kendra for feeling insecure. I’d go out of my way to avoid cameras and missed out on a lot when my skin was bad. I thought about going on Accutane like Kendra did, but I am on Spironolactone now. It took awhile to work, but I think it finally did the trick. I’m thrilled, but it does mess with your cycle. I’m probably going to cut back on my dosage. 

I didn’t know that about Bridget! I wonder how her looks hindered her, as people in the public eye tend to be attractive. I could totally see her as a Maria Menounos type. She’s pretty, curvy, bubbly, and very successful in entertainment news. Maybe her connection to Playboy held her back? 

Definitely sad. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Yes it’s that saggy diaper look I don’t find attractive!

I just googled them, beautiful girls indeed! They look like they could be Playmates. 

Oh no wonder I missed out! Too bad they didn’t keep the line going longer. I would totally buy those kits if they sold them today. Pam is one of my ultimate makeup inspirations.

I wonder if Holly misses performing! I know she’s a mom now and may not be able to juggle performing on stage and a reality show the way she did before, but I do miss watching her on TV. I too would love a beauty and style book!

I’ve struggled with acne recently actually, and it really is hard to face the world when you feel like all anyone sees are the spots on your face. It may seem like no big deal to people who haven’t ever had bad acne, and I’m not saying it’s the worst thing that could ever happen by any means. But it does a number on your self-esteem. I don’t blame Kendra for feeling insecure. I’d go out of my way to avoid cameras and missed out on a lot when my skin was bad. I thought about going on Accutane like Kendra did, but I am on Spironolactone now. It took awhile to work, but I think it finally did the trick. I’m thrilled, but it does mess with your cycle. I’m probably going to cut back on my dosage. 

I didn’t know that about Bridget! I wonder how her looks hindered her, as people in the public eye tend to be attractive. I could totally see her as a Maria Menounos type. She’s pretty, curvy, bubbly, and very successful in entertainment news. Maybe her connection to Playboy held her back? 

Definitely sad. 

I think curvaceousness is beautiful! But that saggy diaper look is awful and unnatural. 

They were both very beautiful but sadly very troubled too. 

Even though it was 1999 they didn't have a website for it. Only an 800 number. Very little promotion too. I found out about it from Entertainment Tonight or Extra. They showed her promoting it by being carried by men in Caesars Palace in Vegas. I always hoped she'd release more, add other products. But at the time I didn't yet know that she doesn't like to stick to things too long. 

Did you see the kits Pam did with Alexis?

Yeah I hoped post divorce she'd jump in to another project but she's kind of lead a meandering existence since then. 

I've heard Spironolactone is easier on you than accutane. My friend had to go to a naturopath to get her cycle back and regular. 

I don't know. I remember her telling the yahoo group that she'd go far in interviews, get called back multiple times but a few mentioned the website she had at the time as too much for someone who wants to do news or entertainment. Her education alone wasn't enough to get anywhere. That makes me sad.

Edited by LemonSoda
Adding more
  • Love 2

I was browsing the TWoP Internet Archive and was reminded of Mary and Captain Bob(?). I remember Mary was like a mother to the original three and often made them her special grilled cheese sandwiches. The new ones, not so much...

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

I was browsing the TWoP Internet Archive and was reminded of Mary and Captain Bob(?). I remember Mary was like a mother to the original three and often made them her special grilled cheese sandwiches. The new ones, not so much...

I've always believed Mary knew Hef better than almost anyone on Earth. She became a real Mom, friend and confidant to the girls. I know Holly lived with her and Captain Bob for a while post mansion. There was something in her first book about Crystal not letting anyone visit Mary near the end 😞 

Happy to know I'm not the only one who reads the archives. I miss that site so much. I'm grateful to be here. But I'll always miss TWoP. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I think curvaceousness is beautiful! But that saggy diaper look is awful and unnatural. 

They were both very beautiful but sadly very troubled too. 

Even though it was 1999 they didn't have a website for it. Only an 800 number. Very little promotion too. I found out about it from Entertainment Tonight or Extra. They showed her promoting it by being carried by men in Caesars Palace in Vegas. I always hoped she'd release more, add other products. But at the time I didn't yet know that she doesn't like to stick to things too long. 

Did you see the kits Pam did with Alexis?

Yeah I hoped post divorce she'd jump in to another project but she's kind of lead a meandering existence since then. 

I've heard Spironolactone is easier on you than accutane. My friend had to go to a naturopath to get her cycle back and regular. 

I don't know. I remember her telling the yahoo group that she'd go far in interviews, get called back multiple times but a few mentioned the website she had at the time as too much for someone who wants to do news or entertainment. Her education alone wasn't enough to get anywhere. That makes me sad.

Yes I saw those kits! I thought about ordering but didn’t because I wasn’t sure if the shades would flatter me. 

That makes me sad about Holly. She has so much potential.

Yeah Spiro is said to be a lot gentler on the body. 

Also sad about Bridget not getting to use her degree. Is she still making aprons? They were adorable, but I’m not sure if it’s enough of a hustle to make a living. 

Mary sounds like such a sweet lady. The girls were lucky to have her as a mother figure. 

When I get around to reading that GND forum, I’ll have to look up the TWoP archives afterwards! I loved that forum too, but I don’t think I even knew of it when GND was on. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 2

Yes I saw those kits! I thought about ordering but didn’t because I wasn’t sure if the shades would flatter me. 

That makes me sad about Holly. She has so much potential.

Yeah Spiro is said to be a lot gentler on the body. 

Also sad about Bridget not getting to use her degree. Is she still making aprons? They were adorable, but I’m not sure if it’s enough of a hustle to make a living. 

Mary sounds like such a sweet lady. The girls were lucky to have her as a mother figure. 

When I get around to reading that GND forum, I’ll have to look up the TWoP archives afterwards! I loved that forum too, but I don’t think I even knew of it when GND was on. 

I was surprised how universal the shades were. 

Me too! I don't like seeing anyone floating around aimlessly. 

I hope it works great for you and is gentle to your body! 

Not sure, I haven't went to her etsy in ages! She was youtubing regularly then stopped and has been slowly adding new videos. 

Id love a Mary in my life! Could you imagine the Hef stories she could tell?

The old E forums were great too. The girls posted on there sometimes. 

• Love 1
(edited)
35 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

I was surprised how universal the shades were. 

Me too! I don't like seeing anyone floating around aimlessly. 

I hope it works great for you and is gentle to your body! 

Not sure, I haven't went to her etsy in ages! She was youtubing regularly then stopped and has been slowly adding new videos. 

Id love a Mary in my life! Could you imagine the Hef stories she could tell?

The old E forums were great too. The girls posted on there sometimes. 

I’m sure most of them are. The gloss I bought had a gorgeous formula to it, that frosty look that Pam wears. But unfortunately it was too orange for me. I wonder who’s running Alexis’ company now. 

Maybe Holly is taking it easy while her kids are small. Lots of women want to be hands on and minimize work until their kids are in school all day. I could see two small kids and a book keeping her busy. 

I thought Famously Single was a fun show and that Holly would be entertaining to watch on something like that. I guess we’ll see what happens with her boyfriend. 

I thought about getting an apron, but they were so cute I’d be afraid of using them. 😂

I did enjoy Bridget’s channel. 

Mary must have had stories galore! I also wish I had a Mary in my life.

I remember the E forums! Were they shut down too? 

ETA: Did any of y’all try the girls’ perfumes? I never did but that was another product I was intrigued by. I remember Holly posted the perfumes they all wore before getting their own. Like many of us, Bridget liked Chanel Chance and Mademoiselle. I bet her perfume would have been my favorite. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I’m sure most of them are. The gloss I bought had a gorgeous formula to it, that frosty look that Pam wears. But unfortunately it was too orange for me. I wonder who’s running Alexis’ company now. 

Maybe Holly is taking it easy while her kids are small. Lots of women want to be hands on and minimize work until their kids are in school all day. I could see two small kids and a book keeping her busy. 

I thought Famously Single was a fun show and that Holly would be entertaining to watch on something like that. I guess we’ll see what happens with her boyfriend. 

I thought about getting an apron, but they were so cute I’d be afraid of using them. 😂

I did enjoy Bridget’s channel. 

Mary must have had stories galore! I also wish I had a Mary in my life.

I remember the E forums! Were they shut down too? 

ETA: Did any of y’all try the girls’ perfumes? I never did but that was another product I was intrigued by. I remember Holly posted the perfumes they all wore before getting their own. Like many of us, Bridget liked Chanel Chance and Mademoiselle. I bet her perfume would have been my favorite. 

I hope someone is there to keep the work and legacy of Alexis alive. 

I hate when brands don't have a brick & mortar or good distribution because I've wasted so much money buying blindly. That gorgeous red is orange in person or something. I wish they'd offer samples by mail or offer to send samples of colors so you know you're not wasting money because many of those brands aren't cheap. Lately I've had a few blind purchases turn out great though. 

Yeah that's what I meant by meandering. She seems to be on her own a lot. 

Oh that show was great! She probably would think it's beneath her though. Hmm. 

I purchased a candy corn apron and headband for Halloween when she was first making them! Everyone loves it. 

The E forums were shut down due to drama. 

Its a shame Mary didn't write a book but she was of the don't tell generation. 

No! I wanted to! But I didn't out of instinct that this will probably be a product I love and never be able to replace. I did buy some skater socks and they threw a cute Every Day is a Holly Day shirt in with my order. I wish she was still selling those. I loved them, especially in winter. 

• Love 2

I hope someone is there to keep the work and legacy of Alexis alive. 

I hate when brands don't have a brick & mortar or good distribution because I've wasted so much money buying blindly. That gorgeous red is orange in person or something. I wish they'd offer samples by mail or offer to send samples of colors so you know you're not wasting money because many of those brands aren't cheap. Lately I've had a few blind purchases turn out great though. 

Yeah that's what I meant by meandering. She seems to be on her own a lot. 

Oh that show was great! She probably would think it's beneath her though. Hmm. 

I purchased a candy corn apron and headband for Halloween when she was first making them! Everyone loves it. 

The E forums were shut down due to drama. 

Its a shame Mary didn't write a book but she was of the don't tell generation. 

No! I wanted to! But I didn't out of instinct that this will probably be a product I love and never be able to replace. I did buy some skater socks and they threw a cute Every Day is a Holly Day shirt in with my order. I wish she was still selling those. I loved them, especially in winter. 

Me too. Alexis was amazing. I will always be inspired by her.

Ditto. Much as I loved Alexis, I was leery of spending even more money if the shades weren’t right for me. I’m quite particular. I love a good drugstore buy, but I’m not necessarily stingy with makeup. I love MAC, Sephora, and Chanel. I just don’t like spending hundreds on stuff online that may not work out. 

Holly said she is a people person in the past. She said she loved having people around at the mansion. She still seemed more introverted to me compared to Bridget and Kendra.

I bet your apron is beautiful! 

Aw man that’s a bummer! I know mods can be strict here, but I truly appreciate them keeping the threads nice and drama free. 🙂

I remember one episode the girls were traveling somewhere, and Kendra was like “Mary look at this! Mary look at that!” The girls really took to her. I thought it was so sweet. 

Oh I know what you mean! I still miss perfumes that were discontinued years ago by Dior and Victoria’s Secret. Holly’s socks were super cute! 

• Love 2

Me too. Alexis was amazing. I will always be inspired by her.

Ditto. Much as I loved Alexis, I was leery of spending even more money if the shades weren’t right for me. I’m quite particular. I love a good drugstore buy, but I’m not necessarily stingy with makeup. I love MAC, Sephora, and Chanel. I just don’t like spending hundreds on stuff online that may not work out. 

Holly said she is a people person in the past. She said she loved having people around at the mansion. She still seemed more introverted to me compared to Bridget and Kendra.

I bet your apron is beautiful! 

Aw man that’s a bummer! I know mods can be strict here, but I truly appreciate them keeping the threads nice and drama free. 🙂

I remember one episode the girls were traveling somewhere, and Kendra was like “Mary look at this! Mary look at that!” The girls really took to her. I thought it was so sweet. 

Oh I know what you mean! I still miss perfumes that were discontinued years ago by Dior and Victoria’s Secret. Holly’s socks were super cute! 

Sorry to keep harping on it but in many ways I'm still annoyed that her death was barely a blip. As huge as beauty is now, she's the reason behind so many of those smoky eyed Pamela/Playboy/pin up tutorials all over YouTube and I doubt the person making the video even knows that. Not sure if you watch any of those but Wayne Goss' adoration of her is precious. 

Me too! Plus if it doesn't work out, the return process, waiting is annoying. Smoak sent me another gloss because I was worried the shade would be too light. Sometimes I'm shocked by how polite some of these brands are. Others? They don't care or are handled by those who don't care. 

I think she was lonely and really liked the company, activity at the mansion. When you're not working, studying or doing much you get bored very fast. 

It is! I still receive complements handing out candy in it. 

The E! Boards got bad fast. Mostly due to former girlfriends. 

I loved all of their interactions with Mary! 

Oh goodness! I could talk about discontinued beauty and fragrances all day. I hoard certain things and save for special occasions because I know this is it. 

• Love 2
(edited)
31 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

Sorry to keep harping on it but in many ways I'm still annoyed that her death was barely a blip. As huge as beauty is now, she's the reason behind so many of those smoky eyed Pamela/Playboy/pin up tutorials all over YouTube and I doubt the person making the video even knows that. Not sure if you watch any of those but Wayne Goss' adoration of her is precious. 

Me too! Plus if it doesn't work out, the return process, waiting is annoying. Smoak sent me another gloss because I was worried the shade would be too light. Sometimes I'm shocked by how polite some of these brands are. Others? They don't care or are handled by those who don't care. 

I think she was lonely and really liked the company, activity at the mansion. When you're not working, studying or doing much you get bored very fast. 

Oh goodness! I could talk about discontinued beauty and fragrances all day. I hoard certain things and save for special occasions because I know this is it. 

No not at all! I agree. I was shocked she passed, and when I googled, there weren’t many articles about it. Huge loss to the beauty community. I’ll have to google Wayne Goss! Alexis is an icon. I’ll appreciate anyone giving her credit. 

Yeah and luckily places like Sephora and Ulta have great return policies. MAC had a Playboy collection that was super cute. I missed it unfortunately. I hope they do another one. I know people think anything Playboy is tacky, but I think the bunny rabbit logo is cute damn it! 

I’d imagine since Hef didn’t like to discuss serious topics with Holly, she probably craved having meaningful discusses with anyone who’d have them with her. 

The former girlfriends? I forget, were they posting and causing trouble? 

I know. I’ve had a hard time letting go of some completely used perfumes just because I like to occasionally get a whiff of the scent from the bottle. Lol 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

No not at all! I agree. I was shocked she passed, and when I googled, there weren’t many articles about it. Huge loss to the beauty community. I’ll have to google Wayne Goss! Alexis is an icon. I’ll appreciate anyone giving her credit. 

Yeah and luckily places like Sephora and Ulta have great return policies. MAC had a Playboy collection that was super cute. I missed it unfortunately. I hope they do another one. I know people think anything Playboy is tacky, but I think the bunny rabbit logo is cute damn it! 

I’d imagine since Hef didn’t like to discuss serious topics with Holly, she probably craved having meaningful discusses with anyone who’d have them with her. 

The former girlfriends? I forget, were they posting and causing trouble? 

I know. I’ve had a hard time letting go of some completely used perfumes just because I like to occasionally get a whiff of the scent from the bottle. Lol 

All the women she's made more beautiful, all the rockstars she's found wives and her death was barely a blip? That makes me sad. I loved Wayne's fawning over her and the importance of triangle sponges.

I bought the Playboy collection! Most of it like many of their collections are repackaged items of things they already make but I'm a sucker for packaging and I too love that little bunny rabbit. I bought a playboy perfume I've never opened years ago just because I thought the bunny shaped bottle was so cute.

I think a big issue with it is they made the mistake over the years of slapping the bunny on anything and everything which cheapened it.

So much of their merchandise was cheap and tacky. I know the brand value started declining terribly in the 90s but slapping their logo for anything and everything was a bad idea. Did you ever try the Playboy makeup? With a few fixes and more promotion than Holly saying she uses it, it could've been very successful. The formulas were good. The color selection was nice and many of the shades were matches for more higher end popular products. The double ended lipliner was great. Basically it was a lighter and darker version of the same shade so you could change it up for night or day. The Stay the night brush kit was quirky and cute at a time when fun brushes weren't popular yet. The blush shades and formula were great but it was in a tiny half circle pan that was annoying to get out with a real brush. They could've eliminated the cheap useless tiny brush and given a full circle pan. They had a liquid lipstick ten years before the Kylie lip kit craze. The brow gel and liner duos were great too. I love duos and multi purpose products. The packaging? A lot of it reminded me of Claire's kid/tween like packaging which is cheap and not good when you're selling at higher price points. Perhaps it would've been excusable if the price points were lower. But at MAC prices, I want sturdy, nice packaging. 

I probably sound like a snob now. Sorry everyone! I think it bugs because so many of their higher end collaborations turn out beautiful. The Fleur du Mal lingerie collaboration they did a few years ago was gorgeous and much better than the cheap neon thongs they sell with the bunny at hot topic. Even the jewelry line Holly helped out with was better than anything they'd put out in years. 

I remember in her first book, Holly mentioned needing a therapist and Hef told her to go talk to Mary. Ugh

Yes, old girlfriends, hanger ons like poor Jill Ann were posting, trashing the girls. 

I'm with you! I've learned that no matter how cute or pretty that perfume bottle is, to keep them in their boxes in a dark cool place to extend their lives. I keep old empty bottles of long gone discontinued scents. 

Edited by LemonSoda
Forgot to add the E! Drama
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

Wait....who died?

All the women she's made more beautiful, all the rockstars she's found wives and her death was barely a blip? That makes me sad. I loved Wayne's fawning over her and the importance of triangle sponges.

I bought the Playboy collection! Most of it like many of their collections are repackaged items of things they already make but I'm a sucker for packaging and I too love that little bunny rabbit. I bought a playboy perfume I've never opened years ago just because I thought the bunny shaped bottle was so cute.

I think a big issue with it is they made the mistake over the years of slapping the bunny on anything and everything which cheapened it.

So much of their merchandise was cheap and tacky. I know the brand value started declining terribly in the 90s but slapping their logo for anything and everything was a bad idea. Did you ever try the Playboy makeup? With a few fixes and more promotion than Holly saying she uses it, it could've been very successful. The formulas were good. The color selection was nice and many of the shades were matches for more higher end popular products. The double ended lipliner was great. Basically it was a lighter and darker version of the same shade so you could change it up for night or day. The Stay the night brush kit was quirky and cute at a time when fun brushes weren't popular yet. The blush shades and formula were great but it was in a tiny half circle pan that was annoying to get out with a real brush. They could've eliminated the cheap useless tiny brush and given a full circle pan. They had a liquid lipstick ten years before the Kylie lip kit craze. The brow gel and liner duos were great too. I love duos and multi purpose products. The packaging? A lot of it reminded me of Claire's kid/tween like packaging which is cheap and not good when you're selling at higher price points. Perhaps it would've been excusable if the price points were lower. But at MAC prices, I want sturdy, nice packaging. 

I probably sound like a snob now. Sorry everyone! I think it bugs because so many of their higher end collaborations turn out beautiful. The Fleur du Mal lingerie collaboration they did a few years ago was gorgeous and much better than the cheap neon thongs they sell with the bunny at hot topic. Even the jewelry line Holly helped out with was better than anything they'd put out in years. 

I remember in her first book, Holly mentioned needing a therapist and Hef told her to go talk to Mary. Ugh

Yes, old girlfriends, hanger ons like poor Jill Ann were posting, trashing the girls. 

I'm with you! I've learned that no matter how cute or pretty that perfume bottle is, to keep them in their boxes in a dark cool place to extend their lives. I keep old empty bottles of long gone discontinued scents. 

It makes me sad too. She was a true artist. I checked her makeup site, and it still talks about her in present terms.

I could see that. I remember seeing tons of Playboy items at Spencer's. I'm not sure if they still have them. 

I didn't try it! I agree, with someone like Holly promoting it, it could have done really well. So many of us girls adored Holly's fashion and beauty during GND. A lot of her fans asked her for beauty tips. I remember looking for products I read she used from brands I could find in stores. Do they still have Playboy makeup?

Yeah I remember that too, very cold of Hef. 😞 Poor Holly. I know she has a relationship with her parents, but she has said she wasn't comfortable discussing much with them. I wonder if there's love but kind of a distant relationship with them both? I know she mentioned not being able to talk to her mom about wanting to get her boobs done. I thought I was the only one who couldn't even talk to my mom about getting breast implants!

Oh, that is sad. IRC, Holly, Bridget and Kendra didn't even name anyone on the show when they did refer to the old negativity. I am still so saddened about what happened to her. Horrible to pass so young and in a brutal way like that. 

I've heard that about perfume too. I like displaying most of my bottles, but I do keep my display away from the sun and heat. 

• Love 2

It makes me sad too. She was a true artist. I checked her makeup site, and it still talks about her in present terms.

I could see that. I remember seeing tons of Playboy items at Spencer's. I'm not sure if they still have them. 

I didn't try it! I agree, with someone like Holly promoting it, it could have done really well. So many of us girls adored Holly's fashion and beauty during GND. A lot of her fans asked her for beauty tips. I remember looking for products I read she used from brands I could find in stores. Do they still have Playboy makeup?

Yeah I remember that too, very cold of Hef. 😞 Poor Holly. I know she has a relationship with her parents, but she has said she wasn't comfortable discussing much with them. I wonder if there's love but kind of a distant relationship with them both? I know she mentioned not being able to talk to her mom about wanting to get her boobs done. I thought I was the only one who couldn't even talk to my mom about getting breast implants!

Oh, that is sad. IRC, Holly, Bridget and Kendra didn't even name anyone on the show when they did refer to the old negativity. I am still so saddened about what happened to her. Horrible to pass so young and in a brutal way like that. 

I've heard that about perfume too. I like displaying most of my bottles, but I do keep my display away from the sun and heat. 

😞

I haven't been in a Spencer's in years! Are they still around?

She even plugged the beauty items in the GND official book which I wish she would've mentioned other products just for longevity's sake. You know? MAC's Prrr which she mentioned in an interview back then is still around and will probably still be around for years to come. Playboy gloss? I think the brand stopped production shortly after season 4 of the show. 

I'm not sure, she's confusing on that subject. She'll say or hint that she couldn't discuss things with them, she changed her name not too long after moving to LA to protect their privacy which tells us she at one time had enough confidence, belief in herself to know she'd be famous someday. She barely mentions them in her writing, shows. But when she left the mansion her parents took in her dogs. Also all the recipes she shared in the GND book were her Moms. So it's very confusing. 

I think they didn't name check anyone for legal reasons and also they didn't want to be a drama or trash talking show. It was all cheeky camp fun. 

It is! Poor Jill Ann. I'm sorry her low self worth lead her to want to be a girlfriend. She just wanted the glamour though. Unlike many of the other girls she was financially very self sufficient. 

Edited by LemonSoda
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

😞

I haven't been in a Spencer's in years! Are they still around?

She even plugged the beauty items in the GND official book which I wish she would've mentioned other products just for longevity's sake. You know? MAC's Prrr which she mentioned in an interview back then is still around and will probably still be around for years to come. Playboy gloss? I think the brand stopped production shortly after season 4 of the show. 

I'm not sure, she's confusing on that subject. She'll say or hint that she couldn't discuss things with them, she changed her name not too long after moving to LA to protect their privacy which tells us she at one time had enough confidence, belief in herself to know she'd be famous someday. She barely mentions them in her writing, shows. But when she left the mansion her parents took in her dogs. Also all the recipes she shared in the GND book were her Moms. So it's very confusing. 

I think they didn't name check anyone for legal reasons and also they didn't want to be a drama or trash talking show. It was all cheeky camp fun. 

It is! Poor Jill Ann. I'm sorry her low self worth lead her to want to be a girlfriend. She just wanted the glamour though. Unlike many of the other girls she was financially very self sufficient. 

Yes! Lol I don’t remember the last time I shopped at one though.

I see. I wonder how Playboy is doing in general. I heard that Hef’s sons have a different standard of beauty than their father. I also remember they decided to get rid of nudity, then they brought it back. I’m not sure if there are any Playboy clubs out there. For awhile (during GND) Playboy still had a lot of popularity. 

Yeah I remember checking out Bobbi Brown lip gloss for the first time because of Holly. Her looks were just oh so pretty! MAC Prrr has been popular for many years. I think I still have one somewhere but haven’t worn it lately. 

That is confusing! But in a lot of ways sounds like my family. Lol I can’t imagine going to my parents saying I wanted to be Hugh Hefner’s girlfriend and getting into the dirty details, and like I said if I get a boob job, I will not tell my mother. She is retired and could take care of me, but she is against breast implants and wouldn’t be supportive. I always found it interesting Holly shared the least about her family of the three women. I remember Holly’s sister was darling and looked like Holly. 

Cheeky campy fun is exactly why I loved the show! 

Poor thing. The money she made from her book went to charity, right? I saw a poker interview with her, and I thought she was quite pretty. I think she didn’t become Playmate because you can be beautiful but not the most photogenic. If you see her in motion, she looked like a Playmate imo. She also had the body and beautiful alabaster skin. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Poor Holly. I know she has a relationship with her parents, but she has said she wasn't comfortable discussing much with them.

Was she the one who practiced a striptease in front of her family?

46 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I see. I wonder how Playboy is doing in general. I heard that Hef’s sons have a different standard of beauty than their father. I also remember they decided to get rid of nudity, then they brought it back. I’m not sure if there are any Playboy clubs out there. For awhile (during GND) Playboy still had a lot of popularity. 

Didn't they open a Playboy club in Vegas during the show's run? I recall it looked tacky and one of the girls was on the roof in pool with glass sides pressing her boobs against it for the people across the street to watch.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

Didn't they open a Playboy club in Vegas during the show's run? I recall it looked tacky and one of the girls was on the roof in pool with glass sides pressing her boobs against it for the people across the street to watch.

Nope, that was Bridget! I’m a Bridget fan, but I thought she was a little too close to her family in that moment! Lol

Yeah, that’s what I remember-the Vegas club. There were former girls auditioning to be bunnies on GND. I heard the club didn’t do well. Not sure about the details. 

• Love 4

Yes! Lol I don’t remember the last time I shopped at one though.

Yeah I remember checking out Bobbi Brown lip gloss for the first time because of Holly. Her looks were just oh so pretty! MAC Prrr has been popular for many years. I think I still have one somewhere but haven’t worn it lately. 

That is confusing! But in a lot of ways sounds like my family. Lol I can’t imagine going to my parents saying I wanted to be Hugh Hefner’s girlfriend and getting into the dirty details, and like I said if I get a boob job, I will not tell my mother. She is retired and could take care of me, but she is against breast implants and wouldn’t be supportive. I always found it interesting Holly shared the least about her family of the three women. I remember Holly’s sister was darling and looked like Holly. 

Cheeky campy fun is exactly why I loved the show! 

Poor thing. The money she made from her book went to charity, right? I saw a poker interview with her, and I thought she was quite pretty. I think she didn’t become Playmate because you can be beautiful but not the most photogenic. If you see her in motion, she looked like a Playmate imo. She also had the body and beautiful alabaster skin. 

I haven't been to a mall in far too long. As a teen I'd go in Spencer's for all the neon lights and lamps oblivious to the sex and raunchy stuff they sold lol 

Yeah I think they thought dropping nudity to expand the magazines distribution and availability would be more profitable. I picked up a few of the issues and while the articles were okay there was nothing that stood out from anything available online. I hate that the internet is killing real journalism. One thing that did stand out were various articles about safe sex and safe sex practices. Cosmo isn't even discussing it anymore. 

GND definitely gave Playboy a temporary boost that the company desperately needed. 

I'm sorry you don't have the support you should reguarding any body choices you would make for yourself. You seem like a sweet person who deserves more so I know that anchors of support will find their way to you along your journey. 

For some reason Bobbi Brown doesn't have the full mainstream popularity her brand should because her products are amazing. Her shadows and shadow sticks are magnificent! I bought the Guerlain bronzer because Holly mentioned it in the GND book. I'd been a Meteorites customer for years but never thought to try out their bronzer. 

I like cheeky campy fun. We need more of it in the world. 

1 hour ago, Ubiquitous said:

Bridget! That was uncomfortable to watch! 

Nope, that was Bridget! I’m a Bridget fan, but I thought she was a little too close to her family in that moment! Lol

Yeah, that’s what I remember-the Vegas club. There were former girls auditioning to be bunnies on GND. I heard the club didn’t do well. Not sure about the details. 

Yeah the problem with the club is they didn't offer anything that's unavailable anywhere else. In its heyday it provided glamour, exclusivity and for many a high quality meal at an affordable price. Now? You can find that almost anywhere. Especially in Vegas. 

Edited by LemonSoda
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

I haven't been to a mall in far too long. As a teen I'd go in Spencer's for all the neon lights and lamps oblivious to the sex and raunchy stuff they sold lol 

Yeah I think they thought dropping nudity to expand the magazines distribution and availability would be more profitable. I picked up a few of the issues and while the articles were okay there was nothing that stood out from anything available online. I hate that the internet is killing real journalism. One thing that did stand out were various articles about safe sex and safe sex practices. Cosmo isn't even discussing it anymore. 

GND definitely gave Playboy a temporary boost that the company desperately needed. 

I'm sorry you don't have the support you should reguarding any body choices you would make for yourself. You seem like a sweet person who deserves more so I know that anchors of support will find their way to you along your journey. 

For some reason Bobbi Brown doesn't have the full mainstream popularity her brand should because her products are amazing. Her shadows and shadow sticks are magnificent! I bought the Guerlain bronzer because Holly mentioned it in the GND book. I'd been a Meteorites customer for years but never thought to try out their bronzer. 

I like cheeky campy fun. We need more of it in the world. 

Bridget! That was uncomfortable to watch! 

Yeah the problem with the club is they didn't offer anything that's unavailable anywhere else. In its heyday it provided glamour, exclusivity and for many a high quality meal at an affordable price. Now? You can find that almost anywhere. Especially in Vegas. 

When I was younger I was rather amused by a lot of their merchandise. 😂 I got the occasional jewelry or t-shirt, but I liked going to the store for the sheer entertainment more than anything. 

To my surprise, there doesn’t seem to be a shortage of beautiful women willing to pose nude, but I wondered if they got a higher number of models trying for Playmate if no nudity was required. People always joked about getting Playboy for the articles, so that’s interesting. Men who want to look at naked women can easily do so via google so Playboy should have something more than the photos going for it. Has Hef’s daughter shared any opinions on the future of Playboy? I know she stepped down as CEO many years ago. I remember she was articulate and came cross as an intelligent woman on GND.

Aw thank you! You seem like a sweetheart yourself. Yes, I’m sure I will be fine. 🙂

I remember Holly recommended the Guerlain bronzer! It takes me forever to get through bronzer, so I haven’t tried that one yet. I currently have MAC, NARS, and Too Faced. 

Totally agree! All the pink, parties, the trips, pets, it was such feel good TV. 

Yeah I wonder if Bridget’s family was very free with the body for her to be that comfortable. Most females are at least modest in front of any male relatives. 

That’s true! I’d probably check one out if they still had one there. I’m not sure if it’s because I’m a GND fan, but I find the whole Playboy lifestyle interesting. I also think a lot of girls would love to be Playboy Bunnies. You get the validation of being hot without the world seeing all your bits. Lol 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

When I was younger I was rather amused by a lot of their merchandise. 😂 I got the occasional jewelry or t-shirt, but I liked going to the store for the sheer entertainment more than anything. 

To my surprise, there doesn’t seem to be a shortage of beautiful women willing to pose nude, but I wondered if they got a higher number of models trying for Playmate if no nudity was required. People always joked about getting Playboy for the articles, so that’s interesting. Men who want to look at naked women can easily do so via google so Playboy should have something more than the photos going for it. Has Hef’s daughter shared any opinions on the future of Playboy? I know she stepped down as CEO many years ago. I remember she was articulate and came cross as an intelligent woman on GND.

Aw thank you! You seem like a sweetheart yourself. Yes, I’m sure I will be fine. 🙂

I remember Holly recommended the Guerlain bronzer! It takes me forever to get through bronzer, so I haven’t tried that one yet. I currently have MAC, NARS, and Too Faced. 

Totally agree! All the pink, parties, the trips, pets, it was such feel good TV. 

Yeah I wonder if Bridget’s family was very free with the body for her to be that comfortable. Most females are at least modest in front of any male relatives. 

That’s true! I’d probably check one out if they still had one there. I’m not sure if it’s because I’m a GND fan, but I find the whole Playboy lifestyle interesting. I also think a lot of girls would love to be Playboy Bunnies. You get the validation of being hot without the world seeing all your bits. Lol 

I remember going there for music and MTV type shirts. Theirs were $2 to $5 cheaper than Sam Goody and Musicland. Which in teenage world meant a lot of money and maybe lunch at the food court. 

I heard that it was actually more difficult to narrow women down because without the full nudity they needed an extra "it" factor. I am surprised that the forever factor of posing nude now with the internet hasn't deterred more from doing it. 

Not sure how Christie feels about it. I remember everyone's shock that he would have such an intelligent, put together daughter. I'm not fully certain why everyone's reaction surprised me. I guess because despite the low opinions out there of Hef, he was a very intelligent man. 

Its going to be great for you! 

It really was feel good tv! Even when we could see some of the darker undertones that weren't being acknowledged. We need more tv like that. I like fluffy fun mindlessness. 

I think Bridget's family was comfortable with all of it. Her Mom wore a cute VS slip at one of the parties. I think they took all of it for fun face value. 

Do you mean the girlfriend lifestyle? Or the playboy nostalgia atmosphere? 

My Mom worked at two Bunny clubs and said it was hard work but really made you feel special and glamorous. 

• Love 2
On 7/26/2019 at 9:16 AM, Tatum said:

I finished the book! (Know you all- okay, all three of you- were waiting with bated breath).

It was a little boring at the end (you could tell she kind of wanted to skim over a lot of 2010-2013, not necessarily to hide it, but she just didn't seem that inclined to discuss that period, or maybe the editor thought no one would care), but OMG, Team Holly! for telling Kendra's people that Kendra could not be her understudy (although a very good call, would that have been up to Holly?).

And omg, Kendra, entitled much? You have no dance training, have a long track record of not following through, not being punctual, half assing anything you don't really want to do, and you think you should headline a 6 night a week Vegas show? (Although, in fairness to Kendra, I don't know if she even wanted to do it, sounds like this was all her people talking).

Holly, Holly, Holly. You know, I like you. I think you have a great work ethic, are good at most things that you try, and have an attractive, if very reserved, personality. But please, PLEASE- get your ass into therapy. Now. Like, intense therapy. It is pretty clear from this book you are not recovered from your time with Hef, and you are treating the symptoms of the problem, not the problem,

Let's review: Holly moves in with a man because she's about to be homeless. She is absurdly grateful to him, because she sees this as a favor he did for her, rather than a long term plaything he bought at a rock bottom price. He systematically isolates her- encourages the other women to bully her, he forbids her to work outside of the house. When she does have a friendly encounter with another woman in the house, he tries to poison that by playing mind games with her and trying to make her resent the other woman, or make the other woman resent her. He routinely berates her on things she can't control. He strongly encourages her to change everything about herself he does not like. He keeps tabs on her spending and obliquely threatens to cut off her money. He signs a contract with E! in which Holly is tasked to do most of the filming- a lot of times nude- and doesn't pay her a dime. He has her followed. If yelling at her isn't effective, he starts to hint that he's sickly to manipulate and guilt her. After she has moved out, he continues to send her letters berating her.

I mean, Hef may not have ever hit her (and honestly, if he didn't, it's probably mostly because he was too frail at that point in his life), but this has all the markings of an abusive relationship, which Holly still does not acknowledge.

She finally escapes, only to repeat the cycle with another guy, who is not only emotionally abusive, but I suspect physically too, although Holly does not say this. There was definitely intimidation used,  if not actual battery.

It does seem like there was a decent waiting period between Criss Angel and Pasqual (she says three years, I think more like 18 months)- but again, per her own words, she moved in with Pasqual right away and was pregnant inside of a year.

Now, I read from TMZ that she's got a new boyfriend already. I don't expect this to end well either.

On 7/28/2019 at 4:04 AM, LemonSoda said:

They were all there for the same reasons so it's amusing when in their books different girls accuse each other of not being there for the right reasons. Holly thought it would be a temporary fun springboard to better things and before the show came out wrote she was bitter that's how she was going to get famous. Even with Peepshow and Holly's World she's always Holly from the GND and she seems to hate that. So much of it is still too new. 

Will she feel the same in 20 years? I think of an interview with Edie Falco where the interviewer asked if she was bitter because she's done such amazing work since The Sopranos but to the world she's always Carmela. She said it can be frustrating when you're trying to do other work but you have to embrace it to go forward and be grateful that people like you, know who you are. Julia Louis Dreyfus said something similar when asked about being Elaine forever even with all her other work. 

YES! Moments like that were what made Kendra so endearing to others! 

On 7/28/2019 at 7:42 PM, RealHousewife said:

On 7/30/2019 at 9:04 PM, RealHousewife said:

On 7/30/2019 at 10:07 PM, LemonSoda said:

The thing is that I felt bad for Holly and thought she really did love Hef and he really was not that into her. I am not an idiot...I know that she would not care about him if he was an eighty year old janitor, but Lord that woman tried.

Holly did everything she could to please him and I can understand her resentment that Kendra waltzes in with her bad work ethic and gets everything handed to her on a silver platter. This was not Kendra’s fault but it would be annoying for Holly.

I thought Holly was so pretty!  Her problem was she put too much stock into the opinions of men. If Hugh told her to get bigger boobs she would do it. If Criss Angel wanted her to be more punk she would change her style in a minute. She would do anything to please whatever man she was with and they would lose respect for her because she was so eager to please.

I hope Holly is in a good place and wish her happiness. I know having a daughter changes your whole perspective on life. 

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I thought Holly was so pretty!  Her problem was she put too much stock into the opinions of men. If Hugh told her to get bigger boobs she would do it. If Criss Angel wanted her to be more punk she would change her style in a minute. She would do anything to please whatever man she was with and they would lose respect for her because she was so eager to please.

I hope Holly is in a good place and wish her happiness. I know having a daughter changes your whole perspective on life. 

And the raver fairy princess for Pasquale. 

Me too! I think she's still a work in progress. Like most of us. 

• Love 3

I remember going there for music and MTV type shirts. Theirs were $2 to $5 cheaper than Sam Goody and Musicland. Which in teenage world meant a lot of money and maybe lunch at the food court. 

I heard that it was actually more difficult to narrow women down because without the full nudity they needed an extra "it" factor. I am surprised that the forever factor of posing nude now with the internet hasn't deterred more from doing it. 

Not sure how Christie feels about it. I remember everyone's shock that he would have such an intelligent, put together daughter. I'm not fully certain why everyone's reaction surprised me. I guess because despite the low opinions out there of Hef, he was a very intelligent man. 

Its going to be great for you! 

It really was feel good tv! Even when we could see some of the darker undertones that weren't being acknowledged. We need more tv like that. I like fluffy fun mindlessness. 

I think Bridget's family was comfortable with all of it. Her Mom wore a cute VS slip at one of the parties. I think they took all of it for fun face value. 

Do you mean the girlfriend lifestyle? Or the playboy nostalgia atmosphere? 

My Mom worked at two Bunny clubs and said it was hard work but really made you feel special and glamorous. 

Oh I didn’t think of that! It is definitely easier to look good in a bikini than completely nude. Me too. Back in the day, if you posed the only people who could see the pictures were the guys who had the Playboys, now the images are out there forever and easily accessible to everyone. I think it’s smart to think long and hard before posing. I’m sure many women never regret doing it, but there are some who do regret doing Playboy when they’re older and no longer see it as glamorous. 

That’s true. Hef was bright. I know for me I didn’t know what to expect from his daughter. When your father is Hugh Hefner, do you feel more pressure to look a certain way? I wonder if she was ever teased or wished her father were different. Not too many people grew up with a dad like hers. I remember Holly said in an episode that she wished she spoke like Christie. 

Aw thanks for the all the support!!! 

Totally! I feel like I’m constantly watching the news or shows where people are arguing and competing. I’d love something like the GND. It was so light and cute you watch it before going to sleep without getting worked up over something. 

Yeah Bridget said at first her step dad was concerned about her living with Hef and being a girlfriend. But her mom and dad were instantly supportive and her step dad came around quickly. Her mom was happy she finally got to achieve her dream of posing for Playboy. I thought her sister Anastasia seemed sweet. 

A bit of both! I can’t see myself in the shoes of sharing a man, one my grandfather’s age at that, but I love the “fantasy girly lifestyle” as Bridget put it. I also think Hef’s story, the life he lead, all the people he met, and the clubs are interesting. Some of those Playmates/girlfriends were so beautiful you wonder what happened to them. It was cool seeing Barbi on GND. 

How cool! That’s exactly what I would have guessed. I read a book about working as a Playboy Bunny awhile back. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Oh I didn’t think of that! It is definitely easier to look good in a bikini than completely nude. Me too. Back in the day, if you posed the only people who could see the pictures were the guys who had the Playboys, now the images are out there forever and easily accessible to everyone. I think it’s smart to think long and hard before posing. I’m sure many women never regret doing it, but there are some who do regret doing Playboy when they’re older and no longer see it as glamorous. 

That’s true. Hef was bright. I know for me I didn’t know what to expect from his daughter. When your father is Hugh Hefner, do you feel more pressure to look a certain way? I wonder if she was ever teased or wished her father were different. Not too many people grew up with a dad like hers. I remember Holly said in an episode that she wished she spoke like Christie. 

Aw thanks for the all the support!!! 

Totally! I feel like I’m constantly watching the news or shows where people are arguing and competing. I’d love something like the GND. It was so light and cute you watch it before going to sleep without getting worked up over something. 

Yeah Bridget said at first her step dad was concerned about her living with Hef and being a girlfriend. But her mom and dad were instantly supportive and her step dad came around quickly. Her mom was happy she finally got to achieve her dream of posing for Playboy. I thought her sister Anastasia seemed sweet. 

A bit of both! I can’t see myself in the shoes of sharing a man, one my grandfather’s age at that, but I love the “fantasy girly lifestyle” as Bridget put it. I also think Hef’s story, the life he lead, all the people he met, and the clubs are interesting. Some of those Playmates/girlfriends were so beautiful you wonder what happened to them. It was cool seeing Barbi on GND. 

How cool! That’s exactly what I would have guessed. I read a book about working as a Playboy Bunny awhile back. 

I heard it was actually his daughter that focused more on the nude women rather than the compelling cutting edge journalism that made the magazine so respected in the early days. Bad move when the internet made nudity extremely cheap and it was no longer a valuable commodity.

• Love 3

And the raver fairy princess for Pasquale. 

Me too! I think she's still a work in progress. Like most of us. 

So true. Holly’s shortcomings are very understandable to those women who suffered from low self esteem when they were younger. The only difference is that most of us did not have to fight off a literal harem for affection.

• Love 3