Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Mad as a Hatter

Juliet tries to make peace by hosting a "hat party" in anticipation of a horse race. Elsewhere, Annabelle stages a runway show; Noelle and Scot face obstacles in their relationship; and the ladies are invited to an aristocratic family's estate.

Oy with the hats again.

I wonder if Noelle ever thinks about the fact that Scott is hiding his money from his ex-wife---and she wants to be his future wife......

I really want to like this show and these ladies more than I do, but alas, we're stuck with blandly bitchy Annabelle and her McQueen-flavored delusions of grandeur, Caprice and Noelle's annoying faux-Britspeak and desperation to be accepted as true Brits, and Juliet constantly yapping at the other women like an overstimulated pet Corgi. Then there's the bland blonde American one/wife of the bar-owner who just annoys me because she looks like Noelle and is just as blah as her.

The only one of this bunch whom I remotely enjoy is Caroline---she may be a condescending elitist who enjoys talking smack about others and talking her own charmed life up, but she seems to at least have a decent, business-savvy head on her shoulders. She seems smart, witty, and willing to have a good snarky laugh, whether at the expense of others or even of herself. Plus, it's refreshing to see that she at least has the drive to run her own successful business despite being born into money/society.

I was totally on her side with the baby shower thing too---Caprice was being a rude bitch to keep turning her down to just get a shower thrown in a random restaurant in the city versus Caroline's own lovely home.

Who *cares* if the party is 30-45 minutes outside of town?! Real friends will make the effort to show up and be there for you regardless---so maybe Caprice has no "real" friends??

Enough with the damned hats already, please. The hat obsession is making the American gals look like even tackier try-hard hicks than usual.

• Love 8

I think I'll try to die by alcohol by taking a shot every time Caprice with nasty pomposity derides one of the other women with one of her own glaringly obvious vile traits.  

She is so in a snit that Caroline isn't willing to completely accord Caprice full Brit status in the them versus US fake drama.  I wish Caroline had shown up by surprise  at the race wearing a hat.

The whole too cool for American appreciation of British traditions by silicon shank of all people is just too much.

Julie might have the title but damn.  Just unfortunate in every other way so far.

Noelle complaining about the "journos" and then acting in the store hoping people would notice.  She is so foul.

And Caprice?  The reason the press digs any dirt on you is thanks to the shovel and bag of top soil you send them every chance you get.

Still enjoying Marissa.

Noticing too heavy hands in the Juliet is inappropriate edit.

Caroline lost me a little when she said Juliet over reacted due to her being American.  While talking about the feud with Annabelle.   Who admits she was an entitled passive aggressive bitch and made a scene but didn't have the guts or class to hearsay she had to leave in a polite manner.  

Annabelle earns her nickname of skunk even before she walks out to applause for someone else's designs.  Good for her though.  Finding a sap willing to do all the work.  Let the phoney poseur show up act important and take half or more of the credit.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Annabelle is such a self-important bint. The clothes were good, but I have the vaguest sense of deja vu when looking at them, like they were a little bit derivative of other things I've seen. The thing that offended me the most was her talking how this was like the early days of McQueen. Was she helping him put on his student collection that was purchased entirely by Isabella? Doubtful. Plus it must kill her that Juliet is the stylist (the unstylish stylist) in the cast and that her designer might need to get one of Juliet's clients to wear some of her clothes on the red carpet.

I loved how put off Caprice was by Julie and Juliet bonding over American things. How gauche. Caprice is a pretentious cow with a collapsed nose. The Countess of Collapsed Nostrils.

Noelle needs to stop with the fauxcent. And she looks like one of TLo's descriptions of Chloe Sevigny's multiple personalities.

The Countess Sandwich needs to put on a brawr. She is worse styled than any of the other ladies.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 4
(edited)

My guess is that the reason that Caprice wanted to move the baby show to a restaurant in London is because she intends to turn it into a media event. She can't do that at Caroline's house, but she can certainly alert the paps to a party in town in a public place. She is such a famewhore. Anything to get noticed by the media. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 12
(edited)

Yeah shower held at Caroline means the media might miss getting the right photo of Caprise.

ETA:  driving through London can take longer than driving an 'hour' out of town.

As well there is the fear that Caroline as hostess gets a bigger blurb. Caprise might have twenty layers of filler injected into her skin but still is pretty transparent.

Noelle's attempt to make a cross to hang herself on in the form of being the mistress while her creepy paramour was trying to cheap his way through his divorce was so sad.  You know how to avoid that 'hardship'?   Waiting for messy marrieds to get their shit together before you go stick your grubby little paws in his pocketses hoping to find your Precious you Gollum-esque golddigging trull.

Edited by heebiejeebie
  • Love 7

How awful is Caprice in her after the fact argument that Annabelle was completely justified in her bad behavior because Juliet said something after Annabelle had rudely stomped out of the event. The more I think on it, the worse I realize Caprice is.

• Love 1

Ah (expletive) I was trying to figure out how you all saw the episode and realized that this airs on Monday and I forgot to program the new DVR. It looks like the next airing is 2:00 am on Friday so I'll be back after then. 

What I'll say for now is that watching a lot of old movies makes me wish wearing hats on an everyday basis was still in fashion. Most of the time when I'm wearing a hat I feel like an idiot. Even if it's winter and I'm trying to stay warm or summer and I'm protecting my scalp and face from the sun. 

• Love 1

Caprice needed to STFU about the Annabelle/Juliet fight. It had nothing to do with her. I have a feeling her babies are just going to be ornaments to be pulled out in public and then shut away with a nanny at home.

Noelle talking about giving 4 years of her life to her married, crook boyfriend? Who cares, you gold digger. That was your stupid choice. Live with it.

I skipped passed Annabelle's fashion show, because I don't like her and I don't care. McQueen!

I like Marissa and Caroline and I tolerate Juliet because she annoys Caprice and Annabelle.

• Love 7

These ladies are pretty amusing.

I really like the dress that Marissa wore to the horse event.

Caprice was supposedly a famous model a few decades ago? When I search for photos, I find photos of the car.

Juliet making cookies from a package that only required adding water was fun. I am pretty sure she was mocking herself when she referred to herself as a super mom, when talking to her husband, correct?

They should have stapled plastic to the outside of the building.

Annabelle's bangs need to go.

Caprice: "Hey, it's Cappers!" Seriously? I just can't with her. She is a meddling drama-queen who think she's more awesome than she really is. And I thought it was seriously rude to decide last minute she'd like to move her baby shower from Caroline's to a restaurant. I don't buy for one hot minute that it was because the location was too far for her friends. I'm with Caroline. My sisters had friends come in from out of state for her recent baby shower. A good friend will be there, no matter how far. No, she changed her mind because she's acting all pissy that Caroline wasn't throwing herself into the skirmish between Juliette and Annabelle. I'm not sure why she cares, but it obviously bothers her immensely that Caroline isn't joining forces with her. 

Damn the editing monkeys for making me think Scott was going to be really be "done" with Noelle. Sadly, he just meant the conversation was "done". Sigh....notice how twitchy he gets every time they go apartment hunting? If and when he DOES get his finances back in order, that girl is going to completely bankrupt him all over again. 

I still am not a huge fan of Juliette, but I do love that when she visits the states she immediately goes to Target....and stocks up on Cheez-its! Two of my favorite things, I have to admit. 

What's with the hats? I am probably wrong, but I thought Brits loved hats. I remember when the Royal wedding was going on there was so much talk about the elaborate hats. Are they just for more formal events then? Or do only certain people favor hats? They seem to be a real point of contention between the girls on this show, it baffles me. 

• Love 3

ghoulina, I'm with you on the hat confusion.  Also, every event they've gone to where there has been hat drama, it seems like everyone else in the crowd is wearing hats.  I decided last night that it's just a function of Caroline and Annabelle, and I guess maybe Caprice too in her Madonna faux Brit way, being the above it all Brits who can't be bothered to be into anything that the Americans get excited about.  Because we don't get excited about anything, darling.

• Love 3

Let's have a Ladies of London drinking game. Every time Annabelle says the word McQueen, take a shot. If she says the word McQueen and muse in the same sentence, take two shots. 

This! I was gonna say if I hear the word McQueen one more time I'm gonna yank my hair out. Your idea is much better and less painful.

(edited)

Julie might have the title but damn.  Just unfortunate in every other way so far.

Right?? Damn, I hate to be mean, but she is a straight-up uggo.  If the age she's giving is to be believed (41), I can't believe she's only a few years older than Caroline, Juliet -- and even a year younger than Caprice I believe. She looks to be solidly in her 50s.  

My guess is that the reason that Caprice wanted to move the baby show to a restaurant in London is because she intends to turn it into a media event. She can't do that at Caroline's house, but she can certainly alert the paps to a party in town in a public place. She is such a famewhore. Anything to get noticed by the media.

Totally agree with this.  In addition to the media aspect, Caprice wanting to have the shower at a restaurant vs. Caroline's house had NOTHING to do with her living 30-40 minutes outside of London. But, rather, it had EVERYTHING to do with Caprice being afraid that Caroline being the hostess might somehow steal even just a square-inch of Caprice's spotlight.  Such an attention and fame whore.

Juliet still bugs me, but I gotta admit her kids are straight-up adorable.  Her little girls' sweet "It's impolite to talk with your mouth full" ( I think that's what she said?) with her wee British accent was just insanely cute. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 1
Juliet still bugs me, but I gotta admit her kids are straight-up adorable.  Her little girls' sweet "It's impolite to talk with your mouth full" ( I think that's what she said?) with her wee British accent was just insanely cute.

Oh my goodness, yes! I adore her children and want her daughter to come over and give my boys etiquette lessons. 

• Love 1

I don't understand the hate for Annabelle re: McQueen. Yeah, she overdoes it a bit, but from what I read, they really were incredibly close friends. She was there when he proposed to his husband George and arranged the ceremony. She's not faking their relationship and it must be extraordinarily sad to lose someone that way and I imagine the pain would linger. Also, the fashion show was her way of dipping her toe back into fashion and she was just trying to help a young designer. I'd be very surprised if she were itching to get one of Juliet's clients into the girl's dresses --  particularly if Juliet dresses them the way she dresses herself.

I, too, noticed Caprice and Noelle's faux brit accents last night. Such poseurs! What does Caprice's baby daddy do? And did he father the one being carried by the surrogate?

I wanted to like Caprice at least a little but the rude way she acted about the baby shower has lost me for good. She is so tacky. If I were Caroline I would just forget the whole thing. Call it off. Also, why the fuck is she so hot and bothered about the Juliet/Annabelle fight? She should follow Caroline's example.

I am still on the fence about this show. The only one I like right now is Caroline who I expected to hate. Marissa is okay too although I don't like watching her talk. UGH! I feel like I am watching her mouth area engage in some kind of Olympic decathlon. That shit is doing all ten events at once. 

I am really disliking all the blanket cultural stereotype statements being so freely bandied about. All British are A, B, C. All Americans are X,Y,Z.  Although I am sure that wasn't going to be avoided with the simpleton Bravo production, it still kinda bugs. One thing that made me chuckle and kinda seethe was in the beginning of the season Caroline was sorta deriding Marissa's marriage by calling her and indeed Amercian women in general Susan homemakers, pliable and submissive. I seethed because ugh, not true. I laughed because that is what a good deal of Americans say about the mail/email order brides American men bring into the country. I would much rather observe the differences and similarities than have them spouted off. Show don't tell. 

Caprice is ugly on the outside and inside. She is a Kardashian level famewhore. I think the only reason she wanted it at a restaurant was for pap pics. Caprice also seemed more pressed about the 4th of July debacle than the 2 participants. Girl please! 

Noelle is a golddigging golddigger and so obvious about that shit. During the 1st house hunting outing they went to some kind of apartment that was expensive but not particulary grand and she said how could she be a gold digger if she settled for an apartment like that? Then she turns around not a minute later saying she was worthy of more better than that. She has dollar signs in her eyes and I for one can't wait until she is on the receiving end of what the current ex is going through. Bitch, you have been warned so don't be surprised when all the assets go missing when it is your turn. 

Brunette Juliet is indeed annoying but I don't mind her at the moment. For a stylist she dresses terribly. Terribly! I can see that she wants to be fashion forward but it just isn't working for her. She doesn't have the 'it' factor or attitude to pull it off. Plus, it is like her clothes are hot off the runaway but her hair, makeup and accessories are all Mall of America. Does not compute!

Blond Juliet is incredibly unfortunate looking and dressing. The fuck did she have on at the hat get together?

Best part of the episode. I also thought it was adorable when she was carrying their dog around. 

• Love 2

Caprice was a "model" in the British tabloid sense of the word - a la Katie Price - glamour model-ly - i.e. girls with big boobs who are usually photographed wearing very little and definitely not high fashion. Definitely more Kardashian than Kate Moss.

Brunette Juliet (Julie?  I can't keep their names straight) has the handsomest husband, I think, which is surprising, but maybe she's a sweetheart when she's not playing up obnoxious American on-camera. 

I think the only one that understands what this show is trying to convey, with a wink, is Caroline.  I probably wouldn't like her in real life but I now think she's in on the joke.

• Love 2

Any one notice that Caprice was even complaining, in her talking head, about Caroline pointing out baby clothes in the store that her children had.  Isn't that what one does when shopping with friends.  Talk about your experience.  Guess Caprice wanted it to be all about you.  

Caprice was on WWHL.  Someone asked her if she was like Kim Kardashian.  Hee.  The poll was to rank the favorite ladies of London.  Caroline came in number one with Juliet second.  Caprice was almost last.  I bet she loved that.  Oh, and when  asked about her taking Annabelle's side, she mentioned something about editing.  Doesn't she know that Mr Andy doesn't like such talk?

• Love 3
(edited)

Uggh, Caroline is insufferable.  Loved how she said at the hat party that the reason the Americans were so into the"hats" is because Americans have no traditions of their own.

Pip the "Hat Lady" had some cute hats but I prefer hats by Louise Green.  I wish people wore hats again.  I love to watch old movies because of the fabulous hats.  

Annabelle talked about McQueen yet again.  No surprise there.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 2

I don't mind Juliet as much as I did before but would someone just snatch the dead mammal off of her head? The side pony is the tail, has to be. She doesn't own a brush? She maybe should buy her clothes at Target, might improve things.

And Julie, good lord, the women is going to be a Countess someday. I can see people look like this at work all day, on this show I want great clothes and stuff. Not so much hats anymore please.

I find myself liking Caroline. She can have a baby shower for me at her house any time.

Actually I am jealous about the hats since I can't wear them.

I like this show much more than I thought I would.

Caroline is a snob, but I think she owns it and is able to to not take herself or the show too seriously. So far I enjoy her the most. I also appreciated her response to Caprice and the baby shower nonsense. Caprice clearly wanted there to be easy access for the media.

Caprice is just all sorts of ridiculous. I don't know what it says for the Brits that she's apparently famous over there (yes, we have the idiot Kardashians, but Americans don't hold themselves out as being exactly highbrow). I felt far more shame as an American as a result of this fame whore's attitude at having a baby shower in Caroline's ridiculously beautiful home than by any social faux pas committed by Julliet.

Julliet is loud, but she seems genuine and an overall decent person. Her kids are frickin adorable.

Marissa is cute and kind of bores me to tears, but she has some cute clothes.

Annabelle looks like she was more fun when she was parading around topless. She needs to find a boyfriend/girlfriend and quit wallowing in the loss of her friend.

Julia reminds me of a cross between Jaime Pressley (no offense- she cracks me up) and the disaster that was Dana on RHOBH. I am not writing her off yet.

Noelle seems to stay out of the petty arguments, but I think that has more to do with the fact that they don't revolve around her. She clearly expects that once the divorce is finalized, Scott's fortune is going to reappear.

Overall I like his show....it's not as fun as Southern Charm, but the change of scenery is a pleasant change.

• Love 2

I did like Juliet's hair in the one talking head when it was down.

And she and hubby make good looking kids.  Not just cute but good bone structure.  That boy is going to be breaking hearts with cheeks like that at the age of two.   Unless Caprice tries to cut them off and glue them to the plastic baboon's mask she pretends is a face.

There is a reason why there are hat shoppes in London and why invitations will indicate whether a hat is required female attire.  Stuff it Caroline, Julie, Caprice and Noelle.

• Love 1

With the hat thing: I think Caroline just doesn't like hats. I think Annabell thinks of herself as too rebellious for anything as stuffy as a hat. I think Caprise is a desperate hanger-on who will side with Caroline and Annabell on anything because they're royal.

I'm thinking that Annabell just got out of rehab or something and she lost it at the 4th of July party because everybody was drinking and she was trying not to. Could be why she's doing the show too. Maybe she burned some bridges due to bad behavior and is trying to demonstrate that's she's back in control.

• Love 1

Let's have a Ladies of London drinking game. Every time Annabelle says the word McQueen, take a shot. If she says the word McQueen and muse in the same sentence, take two shots. 

Every time Caroline takes a shot at Americans, do a shot. 

"Americans love traditions, because they don't have any."

"Americans take something small and turn it into something ridiculous."

I'm sure there are others but it's late and I'm going to bed.

• Love 3

Caprice was on WWHL.  Someone asked her if she was like Kim Kardashian.  Hee.  The poll was to rank the favorite ladies of London.  Caroline came in number one with Juliet second.  Caprice was almost last.  I bet she loved that.  Oh, and when  asked about her taking Annabelle's side, she mentioned something about editing.  Doesn't she know that Mr Andy doesn't like such talk?

But dead last in the WWHL poll was Noelle, who I believe got only 1% of the vote. 

I'm enjoying this show -- it probably helps that my parents lived in London for 3-4 years (in a gorgeous 5-bedroom flat on Grosvenor Square -- walking distance to Harrod's and Kensington Palace) and I visited them a number of times.  I was initially turned off by Caroline, but she's growing on me.  The only thing I've liked about Noelle so far was the dress she wore to the hat party.  Caprice so clearly identifies herself as being quasi-British (she's been there for 17 years, have you heard?) that she seems inclined to be overly critical of the other American girls.  Get over yourself Caprice.   

I had to laugh when Juliet and Julie were talking about going to Target when they go back home to the U.S.  When I would visit my parents, they would give me a whole list of stuff they wanted me to bring that they couldn't get over there (sugar free Jell-O, CoQ10, Taylor Ham, spray starch...). 

• Love 1

I suspect the rule of thumb will be:

American cast member tries to explore or embrace something culturally British =  condescending dismissal as 'cute' bordering on crude to flat out annoyance by Brits. (And wannabes Caprice and Julie) 

British cast member initiates same = Sacred tradition expressed with innate elegance and "class".

Even with the title beyond certain functions there are plenty of heir's brides to fill limited space, Julie the Unfortunate is not socially on par with either Marissa or Caroline as both have young acceptable money and probably have the most to offer.  The rest have so much tacky baggage or are just nonentities.  I bet Caprice, Juliet, Noelle and even Annabelle are grateful for show boosting them to a higher level.  All are not on most lists and a couple might be on some blacklists (say a recent turnaway at the door to a reception for Lagerfeld followed by a sotto voce "if it smells it must be Annabelles".  That did not, did not I tell you come from the gent who came with Emma Watson.

• Love 2
Annabelle looks like she was more fun when she was parading around topless. She needs to find a boyfriend/girlfriend and quit wallowing in the loss of her friend.

I don't think Annabelle will ever quit wallowing.  Being associated with her talented friend is what got her noticed and made her the least bit relevant, and now she's lost her relevance and cool factor.  I have no doubt she's truly sad, too, but she's a bitch so I care less than I would otherwise.

• Love 2

I don't mind Juliet as much as I did before but would someone just snatch the dead mammal off of her head? The side pony is the tail, has to be. She doesn't own a brush?

Every time I see her talking heads, I think of some PBS WWII era drama about women running into bomb shelters.

• Like 1

You spill the best British tea, heebiejeebie!  :-)

I liked looking at all the hats at the party.  I think more women would wear them if they weren't so afraid of hat hair (or hat forehead stippling).  I live in SoCal and have a battered old straw sunhat I wear - ladies are always stopping me to ask where I got it (it has really cool feathers around the hatband area, and cost me $1 at a garage sale - held together with hot glue!).

• Love 1

This! I was gonna say if I hear the word McQueen one more time I'm gonna yank my hair out. Your idea is much better and less painful.

I dunno.  We might die from alcohol poisoning.

After going on non-stop about Juliet's lack of trousers at the party, Caroline then decides to don the same style cutoff Daisy Dukes? Then Noelle thought that looked like a great idea. Simply dreadful.

I was wondering if I was the only one who thought that!  I don't even mind short shorts, but with the frayed hem?  No, no, no, no, no.

Call me crazy or unfashionable but I thought those outfits at the fashion show were hideous.  I did like the venue and hey!  Jonathan Rhys-Meyers!

Caprice is an ungrateful bitch.  How on earth could you turn down having a party at Caroline's fabulous house?  Are you insane?  And why is it such a personal cause to be angry at Juliet on Annabelle's behalf?  Isn't Caprice building her "empire" on undies?  Get a grip.

Add me to the growing list of people who think Juliet's children are darling.  Those little British accents kill me.

Noelle is quite possibly the worst golddigging ho in the history of golddigging hos.  Prince Harry must have been unavailable when she came calling because girlfriend is delusional.  I snorted with laughter over the $10,000 per month flat being acceptable for the time being.  Ha!  It has to be better than the spare room she's mooching off a friend.  And why was she having a complete meltdown over moving into the flat on Monday versus whatever day it was.  So you have to wait 2-5 days.  Grow a pair and suck it up.   I'm still trying to figure out how Scott will become an overnight millionaire - - maybe Noelle knows something I don't.  Wait.  She's not that smart.

I also love the hats.  And I still adore all the London scenery.  More please.

• Love 3

Call me crazy or unfashionable but I thought those outfits at the fashion show were hideous.  I did like the venue and hey!  Jonathan Rhys-Meyers!

Caprice is an ungrateful bitch.  How on earth could you turn down having a party at Caroline's fabulous house?  Are you insane?  And why is it such a personal cause to be angry at Juliet on Annabelle's behalf?  Isn't Caprice building her "empire" on undies?  Get a grip.

Add me to the growing list of people who think Juliet's children are darling.  Those little British accents kill me.

Noelle is quite possibly the worst golddigging ho in the history of golddigging hos.  Prince Harry must have been unavailable when she came calling because girlfriend is delusional.  I snorted with laughter over the $10,000 per month flat being acceptable for the time being.  Ha!  It has to be better than the spare room she's mooching off a friend.  And why was she having a complete meltdown over moving into the flat on Monday versus whatever day it was.  So you have to wait 2-5 days.  Grow a pair and suck it up.   I'm still trying to figure out how Scott will become an overnight millionaire - - maybe Noelle knows something I don't.  Wait.  She's not that smart.

I also love the hats.  And I still adore all the London scenery.  More please.

She knows he is hiding money and you'll never convince me otherwise.  No way in the world a girl like her marries a guy like Scot if she is just hoping that through sheer business acumen he regains millions of dollars.

I liked the jackets that the designer had up when Annabelle first came to visit, but those shoes??? GTFO with those!

Completely agree that Juliet's children are darling....that little boy is too cute for words, they must get their charm from their father.

I'm still confused by Noelle's breakdown, and confused as to exactly why Caprice doesn't want the party at Caroline's.  The producers must have told them both that the show needed more dramatics.

I absolutely loved Juliet and Julia's conversation about Target. As an expat of many years, it rang so very absolutely true for me. Get a group of expat Americans (and some Canadians) together, and they absolutely will wax poetic about their annual or bi-annual trips home to Target! I start making my Target list at least 2 months before I head home, and I take orders for friends who aren't traveling.

I like the way Caroline shut down Caprice's fame-whoring attempts to change the venue of the baby shower. I also liked that she finally addressed (sort of) her birth plans. I kept trying to figure out how she was going to deal with having 2 kids being born very far apart. You can't travel too close to your due date, and then you usually have to wait several weeks after the birth to travel. Plus, with international travel you have to sort out citizenship (if you give birth outside your home country) and getting passport(s). It looks like she's going back to the States where both kids will be born and then, presumably, she'll bring them both back to London when she/they're read to travel postpartum.

and confused as to exactly why Caprice doesn't want the party at Caroline's.

Someone upthread mentioned she wants to be photographed.  The paparazzi won't be at Caroline's house; they would show up at a restaurant after she calls them and tells them of her shower.  

I don't know why Marissa does this weird Kermit the Frog thing with her nose/mouth when she talks.  

Noelle's faux-British accent drives me crazy! 

(edited)

I find Caprice to be more concerned with maintaining her fame than she is in maintaining her friends--- I am sure a  restaurant would provide for a better cover shoot than Caroline's home. Caprice is certainly much better known and warrants a better rating than the Kardasians IMO. She was a top model with many many covers including Vogue etc, acting and hosting her own shows in Great Britain, several reality shows, movies, on stage . She was named Maxim's international woman of the year some where along the line. Her work since  early on in her life brought her into the spotlight. As she has began to age and with the establishment of her own business I am sure that opportunities for the spotlight and camera/s are decreasing. IMO her pregnancy due to her celebrity status in Britain definitely gives her that press coverage she feels that she must have in order to be successful, I am certain she would not get that at Caroline's home

Edited by LovetoSnark

OK, so I finally got around to watching the episode. 

Everyone is ridiculous (Annabelle, Caroline, Caprice) pretending that Juliet just went off on Annabelle for no reason and that Annabelle wasn't acting rude and dismissive and awful. It wasn't like she made an excuse about the underwear to explain herself and then politely tried to excuse herself. Rewrite history much? It's possible Juliet might still have been offended if Annabelle had said, this kind of craziness is not my scene anymore (because it didn't seem that crazy) but she made no attempt to be polite and now she's criticizing Juliet simply because she baited Juliet into being loud and brash and "American." Just because you don't raise your voice, it doesn't mean you're still not being an asshole. Why does Juliet need to feel "guilty" about everything?

Juliet's kids are adorable.

I didn't mind the hats. A big part of the reason I watch these shows is to see things I wouldn't normally encounter... fashion, grand estates, beautifully prepared food, adorable small children and dogs. What? Do these women think I want to just look at their faces every episode?

Ah! Why did Annabelle rub her wrists together after spritzing on some perfume? I was taught to never do that. I didn't get to see much of the fashion show as they really sped through it but I did like one or two of the pieces. I wish we'd see more of the beauty (nail polish, hair, makeup) because it looked interesting.

I did like Caroline's point that you shouldn't get involved in someone else's fight, especially if you don't know the details. I detest the show "What Would You Do?"

I'm not sure how to feel about the baby shower thing. On the one hand, it's Caprice's baby shower. She should be able to make whatever decision she wants to make. If she wants to have it in a restaurant, then Caroline isn't obligated to cover the expenses and host it but Caprice should be allowed to do whatever makes her comfortable. Caroline's argument that she only lives 40 minutes outside of London doesn't work for me because, hey, there are some people who don't want to bother with a 40 minute drive to go to an event. It doesn't make them terrible people that you don't want to have at your event. 

• Love 2

What is Caprice famous for?  Is she like that woman Katie Price or Jordan or whatever her name is?

I'm thinking that Annabell just got out of rehab or something and she lost it at the 4th of July party because everybody was drinking and she was trying not to. Could be why she's doing the show too. Maybe she burned some bridges due to bad behavior and is trying to demonstrate that's she's back in control.

I was thinking that; if that was the case, Juliet shouldn't have gotten so upset.  I always tell people who are in recovery, if you feel uncomfortable at a party, leave and if people have a problem with that, fuck them.  I mean if someone wants to leave a party and leaves, then let them.  Juliet was so silly.

And Noelle, goodness, what is up with her?  Does she want to marry a rich man because she has no talent of her own and doesn't want to work?  If Noelle wanted a rich man, she should have found a single one, a married man is a no no, unless she wanted to be a mistress.  

It's difficult for me to believe anything Annabelle says because her face rarely moves.

Watching Noelle and Scott is kind of hilarious in a cringe-inducing way.

I liked Caprice's and Marisa's outfits at Sandown.

Right now Julie seems like she has the potential to be a good "friend of" but she also seems noncommittal like she's willing to play nice with everyone until she decides which team she should be on.

What is Caprice famous for? Is she like that woman Katie Price or Jordan or whatever her name is?

I was thinking that; if that was the case, Juliet shouldn't have gotten so upset. I always tell people who are in recovery, if you feel uncomfortable at a party, leave and if people have a problem with that, fuck them. I mean if someone wants to leave a party and leaves, then let them. Juliet was so silly.

And Noelle, goodness, what is up with her? Does she want to marry a rich man because she has no talent of her own and doesn't want to work? If Noelle wanted a rich man, she should have found a single one, a married man is a no no, unless she wanted to be a mistress.

Well in Juliet's defense, Annabell went pretty far out of her way to leave in the rudest manner possible. If the issue was alcohol (which is my guess) and she had just politely called it a night then I doubt Juliet would have been offended. I think it's pretty bad form to try and blame other people for your own issues, even when those issues are very sympathetic and understandable.

• Love 1

I see that, but Juliet really looked like an idiot when she went outside and started arguing with Annabelle.  At that point I was thinking, "Juliet, how important is it?  Chill the heck out; Annabelle is rude, remember that and don't invite her to a party again."  

I see that, but Juliet really looked like an idiot when she went outside and started arguing with Annabelle. At that point I was thinking, "Juliet, how important is it? Chill the heck out; Annabelle is rude, remember that and don't invite her to a party again."

Oh totally. Had it just been me I might have made a few quick inquires to make sure Annabel wasn't sick or injured or something and then just chilled at my party and occasionally mocked her for storming out in her Herman Munster shoes (TM Countess Luanne). But that's me. I have a tendency to have trouble not laughing out loud at Annabel type behavior.

But I agree that they both contributed to making the situation much more dramatic than it needed to be.