Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Chickening Out

• Start Topic

On 7/15/2019 at 10:19 PM, DaphneCat said:

OK so your child is basically the spawn of Satan who is generally capable of behaving for 10 minutes under the best of circumstances.  She is supposedly sick.  Rather than saying you will stay and take care of her while the others sight see your mother is magically able to come and get her and get a flight back so you don't miss a day out.  I call bullshit.  The mother, while not the brightest crayon in the box does NOT seem demented enough to want to take THAT CHILD on a plane, especially WHEN SICK.  Totally disregarding how charmed all the other passengers would be to get whatever noxious illness this child supposedly has, do we really think anyone would be capable of controlling this child on a airplane, while sick?  We've only seen the mother's other child in passing but she did not strike me as particularly feral so it's not like she does this on a regular basis.

Either Deavan simply shipped the child off to get rid of her or she is kind of a REALLY crappy mother, or possibly both.  (I have no children but could not imagine being so irresponsible that I would expect someone to deal with my sick child while I went out sightseeing.

The kid wasn’t sick.  Morticia just panicked that having the kid around any longer might throw a wrench (bowl?) in her plans of wooing Jihoon’s parents.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

Jenny doesn’t need to be a parent any more, probably hates her job, has no property or anything keeping her in the US. She probably would have been better off buying an around the world plane ticket and traveling for six months.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

I am trying to figure out what finally happened to make the Korean parents fall in love with Depressing Goth Girl. She said at the beginning of their segment that things had not been going well,  she ships the  Feral Child off with her mom (who,  I agree, was stashed away either in an upstairs room or hotel) then takes the parents in a double decker bus.  Next thing we know,  parents are welcoming her to their family & professing their love for her AND Feral Child!  Depressing  Goth Girl's  expression was exactly the same as if they would have declined to give their approval. 

I had thought also that Corey claimed to be an adventurer traveling all over the world but knows nothing about the different lives in different countries.  He's acting as if he has never left the compound in Utah.

I'm really close to calling shenanigans on the Corey/evelin story line.  The producers were good, but the chicken hysteria was a bridge too far.

Corey walking into a straight up chicken coop ans acting confused about what he was picking a chicken for?  When he was told they are bringing the dinner chicken? 

Then asking if they have any chickens wrapped in cellophane....as the woman has the chicken by the neck in the device(?). 

Come on.  You can sell me on Corey being squeamish and naive....but that level of stupid?  Nahhhhh.  That's just beyond the pale.

The cake/cupcakes we're mildly suspicious, but in my parents poor third world country there is a woman who makes pretty professional level cakes and cupcakes.  She gets american relatives to send her supplies because they can be super expensive in her area.

But that chicken scene.....nahhhhhh

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 16
22 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I think I'm in the minority, but I thought it was sweet Summit was trying to defend Jenny.

“Oh look at the foreign lady do you think she will drink a lot” is pretty tame for an insult directed at Jenny.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I know I shouldn't have laughed, but Aladin telling Laura she looked "different" and then gesturing to the stomach did tickle my funny bone.  Unless blonde and white is sooooo exotic to them that they'll take old, fat, blonde and white and be happy with it, what the fuck is their end game?  Neither of these two are wealthy.

She put on enough weight in just six months that he noticed it?  Too many Ludwing sammies.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I agree. As a guest worker in Qatar he has no rights, no prospects, no chance at upward mobility. He must have a long game in mind. He must know that a person from the Middle East is going to have a hard time getting here in these times. Maybe he's gambling that if he's married to a citizen he'll have a better chance?

I was thinking about this as I was watching.

Aladin was driving a fairly new Altima.  It's not a luxury car, but it's kinda top of the line for a Nissan.  Maybe Laura sent him money for the apartment, but he was probably living in qatar for a while on his own. He has money for regular grooming and waxes.

How much does a personal trainer make?  I don't think we've seen him train anyone...which is totally fine, maybe they don't want to be on camera.  

But given the car and the apartment and the furniture, it seems like he is living kinda nice when he should be kinda broke.  I wonder if he isn't into....something else.  

on another note....can they send a memo to all Americans and particularly blonde American woman to stop whining the nanosecond they get to the country.  FFS Laura.

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

“Oh look at the foreign lady do you think she will drink a lot” is pretty tame for an insult directed at Jenny.

Was it even an insult?  Maybe sumit was showing off for the crew, because thems didn't sound like fighting words.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Cherrio said:

I have finally figured out who Jenny looks like.

She looks like a guest on Dr. Phil who is altering their face with makeup and a prosthetic nose.

The glasses are the finishing touch.

Sally Jesse Raphael crossed with Cousin It.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, iwasish said:

Laura is determined that  Aladin satisfy her and her preferred method seems to be orally ( sorry to be so blunt ). If her feet stink after that journey,  I can only imagine what her nether regions are like. It would probably make his eyes tear. 

Yeah right.  Aladin is giving Laura oral sex like azan is marrying Nicole.

Laura brought that vibrator so at least she will be able to satisfy herself when he takes off.

11 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

<there goes Charleston>  

I'm in California and you can visit here because I've never seen a giant roach.

But I've been to Texas and Savannah and didn't see them either.  I'd lose my damn mind if I saw a flying roach.

10 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Funniest scene by far is Corey and that damn magic trick. When you think you are doing something to win the affection of the family but in fact you make everyone think you are an league with Satan LOL!

I was dying at that scene.  Abuleita was NOT having it!  I think that scene was real, because everyone in that room looked mildly frightened....and they think Mormonism is a strange cult too...oh no!

10 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Laura, please stop with your bipolar shit.  "If he knows what is good for him, he'll be there."  Funny, a few days ago you were crying and apologizing for shit he did to you.  Now you are giving veiled threats?  Which way you gonna play it?  Where was that attitude when he was blocking, shaming and belittling you?

When I saw that i just thought....now this...this right here is some grooming.  High level stuff.

He completely ignores her for a few days and keeps her on edge not even knowing if he will be at the airport.  She is so overcome with relief that she doesn't address her concerns with him. 

And it's not because his friends were there that they didn't talk.  They were alone in the car and she was all giggles, grins, and smiles because she is so relieved that he was there and that he was happy to see her and was acting lovingly.

She thinks the sex is bad but the first thing she does is give up the jiggy because she wants to please him and keep him and not upset him.

He could teach a masterclass.

8 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Okay, I gotta be blunt:  Two days on a plane?  Sorry, I will not be up for jiggy jiggy upon arrival.  Let me shower and sleep.  I will probably feel a little different in the morning.  And Laura?  Stop bitching that he brought his friends.  It is HUGE when a man introduces his girl to his friends.  Like really big.  But I sadly think he told them beforehand:  "You guys GOTTA get a load of this chick who thinks I am going to marry her!!!!"

Why oh why would anyone wear those shoes for a two day flight?  Like maybe you pull a Darcy and change into your freekum dress and heels in the bathroom....but why would you wear them all the way there?  

I get that you want to wear a heel so you look taller and more svelte....I've been there....a lot of women have.  But heels are not magic weight loss shoes, it's going to be obvious you gained some weight so just wear a flat shoe so you don't embarrass yourself walking with your 29 year old husband around his 20 year old friends.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Mrs. Landingham said:

In all the excitement over jiggy jiggy with smelly smelly Laura, Corey’s poultry histrionics, and The Most Polite Smackdown Ever brought to us by Sumit, I forgot to comment on skeevy, toxic, weirdo Ronald. The fact that Tiff expected anything better from that uber shit sandwich of a man is just tragic. Feh. 

Ronald is a snake, He breaks every “rule” Tiffany had. Clearly he was testing her resolve and she folded, He now knows he has the upper hand and with all his talk about      how Tiffany is the most important thing in his life and he can’t lose her cause it will destroy him. So he’s basically setting her up as the bad guy when she eventually leaves. He’ll slowly slide back to his old ways as she stands by him, eventually (hopefully) she’ll throw in the towel and leave, and he’ll blame his relapse on her failure to support him.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

Aladin is also the same guy that upon meeting Laura the first time thought she was prettier than her grossly filtered pictures and actually said it with a straight face for a national audience.  No hint of sarcasm either.  Impressive.  

He doesn’t seem embarrassed to show her off to his friends.  Very intriguing.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Ronald is a snake, He breaks every “rule” Tiffany had. Clearly he was testing her resolve and she folded, He now knows he has the upper hand and with all his talk about      how Tiffany is the most important thing in his life and he can’t lose her cause it will destroy him. So he’s basically setting her up as the bad guy when she eventually leaves. He’ll slowly slide back to his old ways as she stands by him, eventually (hopefully) she’ll throw in the towel and leave, and he’ll blame his relapse on her failure to support him.

100% agree. This clearly ain’t his first rodeo. 

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, RealReality said:

was dying at that scene.  Abuleita was NOT having it!  I think that scene was real, because everyone in that room looked mildly frightened....and they think Mormonism is a strange cult too...oh no!

I laughed when Corey got Evelin to ask “Does everybody want to see a magic trick?” and the overwhelming response needed no translating, “NO!”

• LOL 11
  • Love 4

There’s some producer shenanigans in the restaurant confrontation. I’m married to an Indian man and I’m blonde and taller than him....but also the same age. We had no issues going out together and that was back in 1989 when he took me to actually MEET HIS PARENTS (we met in grad school in America), before New Delhi became very Americanized. So for Jenny to be saying they have problems everywhere because she’s a blonde American lady? Uh no sweetie. It’s because you’re a grandma kissing and cuddling a young Indian fellow in public that people are staring and talking. And most Indians understand English in the cities so they knew what you were saying, they probably got a nudge from the camera crew to chatter and laugh about it to make that scene more interesting.

• Useful 10
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, Horrified said:

Anyone besides me think that the "smell" Laura noticed was actually her own feet?

You’re very kind - I was thinking it was something north of the feet.

• LOL 15
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

While they’re handing out Emmy nominations, they should give one to Aladdin for that enthusiastic performance at the airport and the removal of stinky shoe without gagging 

His friends get supporting actor nods for not busting out laughing.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

I don’t understand how Corey actually believes that giving Evelin all of that money to open up a Bar was a good idea,or that the investment would bring them success

Judging only by the area that has been shown, I wouldn’t drink or eat in a bar/restaurant that was located in that area. So many wild dogs,pigs running around. Trash all over. The town just looks dirty. 

As a tourist, especially as an American, I am use to only eating/drinking  in cleaner establishments. Perhaps others would agree with me. (If not that’s okay)

And does he just assume/expect that a lot of the locals will be hanging out,spending money there? And how? With what money? Does he not see the poverty surrounding him or is he blinded by “love” by the looks of it the people in that town have very little money and struggle for what they do have. 

I don’t mean to offend anyone but that’s my opinion based on what we’ve been shown, I could be wrong.

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Useful 4
  • Love 6

I could see surfing bros going there because it's probably got some killer waves and it's cheap.

Personally, I'd probably eat street food because when Anthony Bourdain did it it all looked so tasty.  My dad, who has travelled the world, will pretty much eat at McDonalds because, as he says...he is not an adventurous eater.

Takes all types.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Hellohappylife said:

I don’t understand how Corey actually believes that giving Evelin all of that money to open up a Bar was a good idea,or that the investment would bring them success

Judging only by the area that has been shown, I wouldn’t drink or eat in a bar/restaurant that was located in that area. So many wild dogs,pigs running around. Trash all over. The town just looks dirty. 

As a tourist, especially as an American, I am use to only eating/drinking  in cleaner establishments. Perhaps others would agree with me. (If not that’s okay)

And does he just assume/expect that a lot of the locals will be hanging out,spending money there? And how? With what money? Does he not see the poverty surrounding him or is he blinded by “love” by the looks of it the people in that town have very little money and struggle for what they do have. 

I don’t mean to offend anyone but that’s my opinion based on whaht’s been shown, I could be wrong.

They were paying the chicken lady with coins.  I assume they won’t be able to charge $14 for a Pina Colada.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, iwasish said:

8 hours ago, Mrs. Landingham said:

100% agree. This clearly ain’t his first rodeo. 

Yup to all of this. And I firmly believe he's perfected his technique on others as well, starting with his mother. He's like Pole and Coltee in a way - a total sociopath. Tiff's stupid and a terrible mother for dragging her poor kid into this mess. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Wanda said:

So for Jenny to be saying they have problems everywhere because she’s a blonde American lady? Uh no sweetie. It’s because you’re a grandma kissing and cuddling a young Indian fellow in public that people are staring and talking.

Or because she looks so much like the oil pit guy from Waterworld.

PoisedCluelessBobolink-max-1mb.gif

• LOL 13

Ok, I admit, as soon as the lady grabbed the chicken and put it in the silver cone of death, I couldn't watch. They didn't actually show her beheading it did they? I feel like Evilyn enjoys getting off on his culture shock and discomfort.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, RealReality said:

I feel for jihoon...I think he is really trying.  I don't think he loves Devan, he barely knows Devan.  She doesn't get his dorky oceans 11 jokes and she isn't trying. 

I like Jihoon, he's cute. I laughed at his cheesy "Ocean's 11" joke. Deavan is wound up so tight and so prone to breaking down in tears that she doesn't even make an effort with him. She's just a yawning chasm of needy. He'll get sick of it good and quick.

10 hours ago, iwasish said:

Ronald is like Ray Liotta in "Goodfellas". "What? I can't help who dances naked all over me!" Smarmy, delfecting, causing confusion, gaslighting. Tiffany is dumb as a plank.

• LOL 1
  • Love 22

I don't trust Sumit. He quit his job immediately after Jenny arrived. Meal ticket Jenny is going to provide now. Who does that? A user and a scammer, that's who. 

He's hiding her from his parents and is afraid to face them with the truth. No balls what so ever. 

I don't see any redeeming qualities in poor, sweet, stressed out Sumit. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I don't trust Sumit. He quit his job immediately after Jenny arrived. Meal ticket Jenny is going to provide now. Who does that? A user and a scammer, that's who. 

He's hiding her from his parents and is afraid to face them with the truth. No balls what so ever. 

Ive been trained to expect the worse from this franchise, but he seems real to me. 

His reason for leaving the job is v. suspicious, but it could have been for the filming schedule and he didn't want to break the fourth wall, or it could have been to maintain the illusion that he was working at another job.  It's possible people from his job know his parents and if it slipped that he was still there the jig would have been up.

Since summit is probably an awful liar and doesn't have good technique his parents are already super suspicious....as he said. 

He won't get away with anything and I eagerly await the showdown between summit's parents/summit/grandma wife that is bound to happen.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, zoltana said:

They're pretty much a year round thing, but you don't see as much of them when it's cold.  The worst part is the little bastards have bad eyesight so they will fly at dark objects which could be your head.  We moved into a house with a lot of pine trees and had a horrible time with them getting in the house.  Still creeps me out thinking about it, uuuggggghhhh....

NIGHTMARES!!!!!  Thank you for the information!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, RealReality said:

Yeah right.  Aladin is giving Laura oral sex like azan is marrying Nicole.

Laura brought that vibrator so at least she will be able to satisfy herself when he takes off.

I'm in California and you can visit here because I've never seen a giant roach.

But I've been to Texas and Savannah and didn't see them either.  I'd lose my damn mind if I saw a flying roach.

I was dying at that scene.  Abuleita was NOT having it!  I think that scene was real, because everyone in that room looked mildly frightened....and they think Mormonism is a strange cult too...oh no!

When I saw that i just thought....now this...this right here is some grooming.  High level stuff.

He completely ignores her for a few days and keeps her on edge not even knowing if he will be at the airport.  She is so overcome with relief that she doesn't address her concerns with him. 

And it's not because his friends were there that they didn't talk.  They were alone in the car and she was all giggles, grins, and smiles because she is so relieved that he was there and that he was happy to see her and was acting lovingly.

She thinks the sex is bad but the first thing she does is give up the jiggy because she wants to please him and keep him and not upset him.

He could teach a masterclass.

Why oh why would anyone wear those shoes for a two day flight?  Like maybe you pull a Darcy and change into your freekum dress and heels in the bathroom....but why would you wear them all the way there?  

I get that you want to wear a heel so you look taller and more svelte....I've been there....a lot of women have.  But heels are not magic weight loss shoes, it's going to be obvious you gained some weight so just wear a flat shoe so you don't embarrass yourself walking with your 29 year old husband around his 20 year old friends.

I am in CA also.  I have seen roaches before, just not in my house (I did see one flying around at night outside at my job, <shivers>). My 1st introduction to them was spending the night at a friends house in Cayucus and they were everywhere in her house.  I almost called my parents to come get me.  It was awful.  Then I was accosted by one on my honeymoon.  Flew around my husband (as he was telling me they rarely fly) and landed on my bare neck.  Size of an effin bic lighter.  28 years later I still get wigged out.

I cannot wait to watch this episode!  I do admit to ff all the Tiffany story and the Corey story (look I rhymed!!).  I don't like what Tiffany is subjecting her cute son to and I don't like how stupid Corey is.  Evil-in really hates that dude.  She likes his money but not him so much.  I am strangely fascinated by Deaven and feral Nell as well as Laura and Jenny.  Superficial note here but if I were Jenny, I would see if there are some good deals on plastic surgery in India and get my neck done.  It is unfortunate what age can do to that region even if you take pretty good care of yourself.  Laura is going to have a hard time if she really is such a hothead in a country that values women's rights very little.  She needs to be careful so there isn't an international incident!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Laura is going to have a hard time if she really is such a hothead in a country that values women's rights very little.  She needs to be careful so there isn't an international incident!

I wonder if the U.S. embassy would even get involved if she is a Canadian just living in Florida.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Drogo said:

Or because she looks so much like the oil pit guy from Waterworld.

PoisedCluelessBobolink-max-1mb.gif

Lol!  I must be one of 5 people who really liked Waterworld.

It looks like Jenny had a face lift and all the extra skin sagged down. It’s weird how her neck is wider than her head. She reminds me of the woman from the Kavanaugh hearings. I wonder if she can get a good neck lift in India? If she did that, cut her hair, and ditched those hideous glasses and stopped acting like a coy 19 yo, she could be presentable.

No hope for smelly, frowsy Laura. That woman is just reprehensible.  Looking all ate up and stank. Woman, hydrate yourself, dump the booze, wear some flattering clothing and a decent wig.

How can these people go on TV looking so mangy? I’m itching to give these two frumps a makeover.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

I don’t mean to offend anyone but that’s my opinion based on what we’ve been shown, I could be wrong.

The “bar” idea was probably just a front for Evilyn to extract more money out of Corey and have something physical to show for it. She probably doesn’t care if it sinks or swims or gets any business, she can keep asking for money to support the “bar”.  And Corey is probably not smart enough to know what things cost there. She could ask for 2k for setting up a bar when it actually costs her $500 or something. He will blindly believe what she tells him because you know... love. 🙄 Corey was worth more to her when he was away from her and could send her money for things and now that he is there she wants him gone. 

As far as how is he a world traveler and still so green?  I fully believe he probably grew up sheltered and stayed that way. His travels were probably sanitized packaged tourist experiences where the work is done for him at American resorts, where the Americans are generally “protected” from seeing the real locals and their real way of life. 

The resort workers and people like Evilyn hang around these areas to lure in American suckers. Many people on this series have the same story. Corey didn’t meet Evilyn in the pig corral, he met her on the beach. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

By the way, I spent a few (seriously, under 5) minutes on Google and I searched along the lines of "citizen and non citizen marrying in India" and found a ton of information here:

https://transferwise.com/gb/blog/getting-married-in-india-guide

It would have taken either of these knuckleheads a few minutes in order to have a decent grasp of the process. I'm sure the link doesn't answer all their questions, but it clearly states that there are a bunch of steps and hoops to jump through, 

On another site, it mentioned that the notice of intention for marriage may also be posted in the newspaper FOR ALL TO SEE (and to state their objections.) 

These 2 are clueless and it drives me crazy. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

This may sound weird but did anyone else think it was strange the way the camera zoomed in on Evil-in and Cory holding hands...like right on their hands?  What that an attempt to draw attention to Evil-in's crotch in her very short, very tight shorts?  We were subjected to that over and over again in the commercials for the upcoming show and once again during the actual show itself.  I can't remember any other close-up shots of two hands clasped together like that.

• Love 1

I'm sorry but I just refuse to believe that Corey is straight and homosexuality is just not an option in many hardcore Mormon families.

I think Evelin was toying with him and he convinced himself that it was his chance to settle down with a woman and is just desperately clinging on to the idea that he thinks he can make it work with her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 7/16/2019 at 9:08 AM, BradandJanet said:

When I lived in Japan, we called the big winged roaches Flying Fortresses. 

Was that pre or post Fukushima?

10 hours ago, RealReality said:

Personally, I'd probably eat street food because when Anthony Bourdain did it it all looked so tasty.  My dad, who has travelled the world, will pretty much eat at McDonalds because, as he says...he is not an adventurous eater.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that in all them eating from street vendors food/travel shows, that they have a van with them decked out with a fully functioning toilet and blacked out windows

Edited by 100Proof
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I think he’s sweet, but is a cowardly liar too

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I like Jihoon, he's cute. I laughed at his cheesy "Ocean's 11" joke. Deavan is wound up so tight and so prone to breaking down in tears that she doesn't even make an effort with him. She's just a yawning chasm of needy. He'll get sick of it good and quick.

Ronald is like Ray Liotta in "Goodfellas". "What? I can't help who dances naked all over me!" Smarmy, delfecting, causing confusion, gaslighting. Tiffany is dumb as a plank.

I love that movie. Especially when Lorraine Bracco goes to Ray Liotta’s mistress apt bldg and buzzes everyone screaming into their intercoms that a who-ahhh lives in Apt 4D!!

Ronald is worse than pretty much any other guy on these shows even worse than Azan. He’s actually playing with Daniels head. An eight year old  kid whose mother is too stupid and desperate to protect him. 

• Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, Angry Moldolvian said:

I think he’s sweet, but is a cowardly liar too

He was a glib enough liar at the outset to convince Jenny she was chatting with handsome “Michael” from the UK. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7
On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 12:44 PM, Natalie68 said:

Ok, so I haven't watched yet but cockroaches are the one thing I cannot take in any way.  I am sitting here wondering what happened with roaches, in a movie Seven sort of way when Brad Pitt asks what's in the box.  Freaked yet curious.

Oh man.  NIGHTMARES!!!!!  Is this a year round sorta thing??

Yes.  I lived in FL for a little under two years.  NEVER AGAIN.  Having a giant flying roach land on you, when you're just minding your own business, is horrible.  Worse when it happens to land on your nekkid boob when you're in a hot tub with your boyfriend.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

Yes.  I lived in FL for a little under two years.  NEVER AGAIN.  Having a giant flying roach land on you, when you're just minding your own business, is horrible.  Worse when it happens to land on your nekkid boob when you're in a hot tub with your boyfriend.

Is that technically a threesome?

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Kangatush said:

Yes.  I lived in FL for a little under two years.  NEVER AGAIN.

Always called florida hell on earth. I would've moved to somalia before ever moving there. But, f*** me, here I am because my family lives there and I ain't getting any younger to be off alone away from family. But I located about as far northeast so at least I can get a few months of nice cold weather if only at night. Hot & flat.... thats f***** florida, lol.  And no snow! I'm dyin' for a nice blizzard! I loved going for walks when it snowed. I HATE summers. Septembers couldn't come fast enough.  =8-O

Edited by 100Proof
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, iwasish said:

I love that movie. Especially when Lorraine Bracco goes to Ray Liotta’s mistress apt bldg and buzzes everyone screaming into their intercoms that a who-ahhh lives in Apt 4D!!

HE"S MY HUSBAND.  GET YOUR OWN GODDAMNED MAN!

10 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

The “bar” idea was probably just a front for Evilyn to extract more money out of Corey and have something physical to show for it. She probably doesn’t care if it sinks or swims or gets any business, she can keep asking for money to support the “bar”.  And Corey is probably not smart enough to know what things cost there. She could ask for 2k for setting up a bar when it actually costs her $500 or something. He will blindly believe what she tells him because you know... love. 🙄 Corey was worth more to her when he was away from her and could send her money for things and now that he is there she wants him gone. 

As far as how is he a world traveler and still so green?  I fully believe he probably grew up sheltered and stayed that way. His travels were probably sanitized packaged tourist experiences where the work is done for him at American resorts, where the Americans are generally “protected” from seeing the real locals and their real way of life. 

The resort workers and people like Evilyn hang around these areas to lure in American suckers. Many people on this series have the same story. Corey didn’t meet Evilyn in the pig corral, he met her on the beach. 

For sure.  The bar story reminds me of Azan's needing $6K for a store that never materialized.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5