Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Chickening Out

• Start Topic

(edited)
15 hours ago, magemaud said:

He was a glib enough liar at the outset to convince Jenny she was chatting with handsome “Michael” from the UK. 

I don't think it took much effort or ability to fool Jenny.  

I think Jenny was born with the wool pulled over her eyes.

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 6
  • Love 10

So wait a minute...the child who shoved her fingers all up in everyone’s breakfast turned out to have been incubating some type of illness at the time? But it’s okay, right? Since she says please and thank you.

Did anyone else feel bad for Evelin’s brother? It looked like Corey’s black magic was so offensive no one could bear to remain at his birthday party!

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, RealReality said:

I could see surfing bros going there because it's probably got some killer waves and it's cheap.

Personally, I'd probably eat street food because when Anthony Bourdain did it it all looked so tasty.  My dad, who has travelled the world, will pretty much eat at McDonalds because, as he says...he is not an adventurous eater.

Takes all types.

Tony had the intestinal fortitude rivaled only by Andrew Zimmern.  I’m afraid of street food.  Hell I’ve seen enough of the Great Food Truck Race to raise an eyebrow on the hygiene of those too LOL.

Ive actually made it a point to go to the McDonalds in every foreign country I’ve traveled to and order all the strange stuff.  Hard sometimes when you aren’t hungry but I’ll try at least a bite.  The packaging is always intriguing too.  Your dad may be more adventurous than you think LOL.  If I get more than one crack at it I will also order a Big Mac to see if they taste the same.  For the most part they do.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Tony had the intestinal fortitude rivaled only by Andrew Zimmern.  I’m afraid of street food.  Hell I’ve seen enough of the Great Food Truck Race to raise an eyebrow on the hygiene of those too LOL.

Ive actually made it a point to go to the McDonalds in every foreign country I’ve traveled to and order all the strange stuff.  Hard sometimes when you aren’t hungry but I’ll try at least a bite.  The packaging is always intriguing too.  Your dad may be more adventurous than you think LOL.  If I get more than one crack at it I will also order a Big Mac to see if they taste the same.  For the most part they do.

LOL, the beautiful thing about my dad is that he would proudly tell you or anyone that he isn't an adventurous eater.  

I like your point though.  My dad has eaten filet o'fish sandwiches from every continent*

I mean SHOULD I think about my struggling gastrointestinal system?  Yes.  But that's a problem for later....my problem in the moment would be that that street food looked so tasty when AB ate it, and I'm so hungry right now and it smells so good.  

I would eat all the moroccan and Qatari street food.  I'd be so sick and would stink worse that Laura's funky feet.  Aladin would refuse to jiggy with me.

*I suspect they don't have mcd in antartica...though if they did have McDonalds, my dad for sure ate a filet o'fish in antartica.  And I promise you he got 2 apple pies for a buck.  He maybe got fries, but he for sure got the apple pies and the filet o fish.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, RealReality said:

LOL, the beautiful thing about my dad is that he would proudly tell you or anyone that he isn't an adventurous eater.  

I like your point though.  My dad has eaten filet o'fish sandwiches from every continent*

I mean SHOULD I think about my struggling gastrointestinal system?  Yes.  But that's a problem for later....my problem in the moment would be that that street food looked so tasty when AB ate it, and I'm so hungry right now and it smells so good.  

I would eat all the moroccan and Qatari street food.  I'd be so sick and would stink worse that Laura's funky feet.  Aladin would refuse to jiggy with me.

*I suspect they don't have mcd in antartica...though if they did have McDonalds, my dad for sure ate a filet o'fish in antartica.  And I promise you he got 2 apple pies for a buck.  He maybe got fries, but he for sure got the apple pies and the filet o fish.

Oh you didn’t qualify your statement...if it’s between eating Qatarian street food and braving Laura’s toe rot I’m choosing mystery food stalls no question.

and to watch her hobble...I mean truly hobble like every one of her toes was blistered to kingdom come was also ridiculous.  She had to pack alternate shoes...just change into them at the airport.  Or I’m sure the airport in Qatar has a shoe store with some nice crocs.

I wonder if she thought it was more important to her “edgey vibe” outfit she had on to wear black heeled boots?   The first thing Aladin noticed was her weight gain.  Ouch.  That hurt more than her hammertoes.

McUpdate: Nothing better than the throwback deep fried pies on Maui lol.  The banana ones are great but my favorite is purple potato.  Internal temperature of fruit goo hot enough to rival molten lava is something we mainlanders miss.  

• Love 7
6 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:
22 hours ago, RealReality said:

Personally, I'd probably eat street food because when Anthony Bourdain did it it all looked so tasty.  My dad, who has travelled the world, will pretty much eat at McDonalds because, as he says...he is not an adventurous eater.

Takes all types.

Street food good, McDonalds in other countries good.  Different strokes for different folks, though IMHO I wouldn't compare Bourdain's street vendors in Asia to U.S. food trucks.  Here, someone with startup capital buys a food truck because they think it will be fun to make a limited menu without the overhead/commitment of a standing restaurant.  There, someone may inherit their parent/grandparent's tools and dedicate their life to making the best Pad Kra Pao in the city, from a recipe that's been held and perfected by their family for generations (and often those previous generations are all at home depending on them to bring home the money to sustain them.) 

Regardless, I think we can all agree Laura's booties smelled like week-old Pad Kra Pao + Big Macs left in the sun too long.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Regardless, I think we can all agree Laura's booties smelled like week-old Pad Kra Pao + Big Macs left in the sun too long.

It's the snark that brings the people together....😝

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7

I just can’t with Deaven. I am over her low self-esteem requiring her to ask a thousand times if Jihoon’s parents are having a good time or if they like her. I fully expected her to ask if they enjoyed the two-ply toilet paper. 

Although Sumit and Jenny do seem to care for each other, and Sumit seems like he wants to be a good man for Jenny, I would never be able to be with a man who would basically lie and pretend I don’t exist. I need more information about how Jenny came to spend 4 months with Sumit and his family in their house. Why were the parents ok with her staying with them for so long?

I think Evelin may be the first woman Corey has had sex with and, due to guilt from not waiting until marriage to have sex, he may feel he can fix all his sins by marrying Evelin. 

Tiffany annoys me. She talks like she has read a lot of self-help books and is saying words she thinks convey that she knows how to “fix” Ronald. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, MakingBacon said:

I just can’t with Deaven. I am over her low self-esteem requiring her to ask a thousand times if Jihoon’s parents are having a good time or if they like her. I fully expected her to ask if they enjoyed the two-ply toilet paper. 

Although Sumit and Jenny do seem to care for each other, and Sumit seems like he wants to be a good man for Jenny, I would never be able to be with a man who would basically lie and pretend I don’t exist. I need more information about how Jenny came to spend 4 months with Sumit and his family in their house. Why were the parents ok with her staying with them for so long?

I think Evelin may be the first woman Corey has had sex with and, due to guilt from not waiting until marriage to have sex, he may feel he can fix all his sins by marrying Evelin. 

Tiffany annoys me. She talks like she has read a lot of self-help books and is saying words she thinks convey that she knows how to “fix” Ronald. 

Deaven is so joyless, so vacant.  She reminds me of Chantal where I wonder why any man would want to be around the constant wooomp woomp Debbie Downer shit.  At least Chantal has a bitchy side spark to her.

I'm still not convinced of the great love Sumit claims to have for Jenny.  I think he wanted to quit the bitch of a job he has and hoped that her American money would get them a nice apartment.  If you start off a relationship pretending to be some hot guy, those should be major red flags that don't go away.  I mean, Jenny is not the old version of Pamela Anderson, so why would he need to pretend to be some hot guy to secure her love?

Totally agree on Corey/Evelin.  Although Corey does strike me as incredibly stupid.  What's hilarious to me is the family was so freaked out by his black magic, and yet they have the devil incarnate in their family.

Tiffany's voice annoys me.  I don't know why but it just does.  And anyone dragging a kid across the world for an addict and felon deserves to be taken for a ride.  I just wish she left her sweet boy at home with grandma.   

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Tiffany's voice annoys me.

The way she pronounces the name Ronald annoys me. I guess she’s trying to say it with a SA accent? It’s as pretentious as Libby saying “Andrrrrreeeeeei” 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

Did anyone else feel bad for Evelin’s brother? It looked like Corey’s black magic was so offensive no one could bear to remain at his birthday party!

Poor guy. I would like commentary from Evelin's sister on everything. She was throwing looks at Corey, and I appreciate that. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

She already failed to fix him. He did everything at the bachelor party that she said would end the  relationship AND YET SHE STAYED. He’s got the upper hand in this relationship.

Regarding Deavan and Jihoon it was totally weird when they were saying his parents were leaving shortly and Deavan kept telling Jihoon to ask them if they were giving their blessing. She told him several times to ask. The father seems to have a semi good understanding of English so he had to get the idea of what Deavan was saying. I wonder what she would have done if they didn’t give the approval, get up and stomp out, cry?

I did laugh at his folks digging into the   typical American food lunch and the mother saying she was happy they had pickles. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

What's hilarious to me is the family was so freaked out by his black magic, and yet they have the devil incarnate in their family.

Well, you don't want to piss off the family demon by allowing competition!!

• LOL 5

I have Indian legal questions.  What law is there about a grown man marrying as he wishes?  I got the bit about mailing the notice, "what if you have a wife at that address?", but I have zero understanding of how his parents could sue if he did something they don't like.

• Love 2
(edited)
58 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Do you want to come to Minnesota with our record breaking -27 this January?  (And it went on for DAYS!)  Or the blizzard we had in April?  April.

That temperature is a bit extreme, lol. Although I originally was looking at an area up NY state where the locals told me it went that cold the previous winter. 

Not the usual person. My ideal operating temp range would be from the teens to 65-70 degrees. Plus I love grey gloomy days and find sunshine very oppressive, lol. Grey day, some bit of light drizzle, 40-55 degrees....my perfect day!  ;-D
If it all went from end of May then straight thru to mid september, bypassing summer altogether, I'd be a pig in s***.

Edited by 100Proof
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, 100Proof said:

That temperature is a bit extreme, lol. Although I originally was looking at an area up NY state where the locals told me it went that cold the previous winter. 

Not the usual person. My ideal operating temp range would be from the teens to 65-70 degrees. Plus I love grey gloomy days and find sunshine very oppressive, lol. Grey day, some bit of light drizzle, 40-55 degrees....my perfect day!  ;-D
If it all went from end of May then straight thru to mid september, bypassing summer altogether, I'd be a pig in s***.

Seattle maybe?  You and my hubby would be BFF's - he loves the winter (not the extreme stuff) and cool grey days are his thing.

• Love 2
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Seattle maybe?  You and my hubby would be BFF's - he loves the winter (not the extreme stuff) and cool grey days are his thing.

Uh, Linda.... is, ah, that you??  😉

Yeah I understand right along the northwest coast from north cali up is around the 40 -75 range. I'd be way to far from fam and friends tho'

Long time ago was talking about liking to move to seattle. Uncle says, lotta people commit suicide there cuz its always raining. I said that's because most people crave sunshine but its sunshine what makes me depressed.  😏

Edited by 100Proof
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 7/16/2019 at 1:12 AM, Mrs. Landingham said:

Wasn’t that a classy, eloquent smack down? Daaaamn! 

I almost expected him to end with, "Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?" 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/17/2019 at 7:54 AM, DiamondGirl said:

You’re very kind - I was thinking it was something north of the feet.

We need an emoticon laughing and falling out of the chair...this is too funny 😭😭

Edited by Justaguess
  • LOL 1
On 7/16/2019 at 10:57 AM, Princess Sparkle said:

Because I wonder if the end game is "Oh see, you miss life in America, let's go back there!" 

That's what I've been wondering, too. Going to America has got to be the ultimate goal for Aladin because I simply can't come up with anything else to explain this union.

Maybe the show (90 Days The Other Way) approached a few couples who were going to apply for the K1 Visa, and asked them to sign up for this concept. I just don't buy these stories - especially Corey moving to Engabao because Evelin doesn't want to live in the States. Total bs.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, deedee2 said:

That's what I've been wondering, too. Going to America has got to be the ultimate goal for Aladin because I simply can't come up with anything else to explain this union.

I can't figure out why Aladin is so enthusiastic.  I understand about wanting to come to America to harvest the American hammertoe but to go on and on about her regarding sex sex sex just boggles the mind.  He met her, proposed to her and married her and didn't cry Ramadan once.  I'm flummoxed.

• LOL 7
  • Love 10
On 7/17/2019 at 7:35 PM, magemaud said:

He was a glib enough liar at the outset to convince Jenny she was chatting with handsome “Michael” from the UK. 

Ok, that itself shows her stupidity. His speech cadence alone says he is not from the UK. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

I can't figure out why Aladin is so enthusiastic.  I understand about wanting to come to America to harvest the American hammertoe but to go on and on about her regarding sex sex sex just boggles the mind.  He met her, proposed to her and married her and didn't cry Ramadan once.  I'm flummoxed.

LOL @ "crying Ramadan"

Laura seems to think that sex gives her some sort of upper hand with aladin. Because she is so amazing at it and he is so terrible at it.

And sex affirms the idea that he loves and cares for her, finds her attractive and wants to be close to her.

If and when he withdraws sex, I think she will be a mess because she won't have that assurance that sex gives her and she won't feel like she has the upper hand.

Luckily she will have her vibrator, but it will be interesting to see how her temper plays out.

I don't know the banking laws or the property rights of women in Qatar.  It's maybe possible that he is looking to control her monthly retirement check.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, happy hobo said:

Ok, that itself shows her stupidity. His speech cadence alone says he is not from the UK. 

I assumed it was just messaging back and forth and not actually speaking to each other, as you say it would be immediately obvious hearing him!

• Love 2
(edited)

Alaydar is looking to fleece Laura as long as he can. There are limited opportunities for running games on women in his area, and she has a steady income and assets. Her home is probably worth about 167k, more if it’s over 1200 square feet. 

The game is he woos her for awhile, then he gets her to sell her home. If it pays off, he gets a nice windfall. If it doesn’t pay off, he still gets some of her monthly check, the rent paid at the least. He looks like a skeezer, and probably isn’t able to get a woman with assets. He wants Honey’s money. 

I’m an awful person, but I laughed my ass off at Jenny suffering a blow. It’s insane to me that she’s moving to India for security. That’s her long con.

i must be really poor, because I think Engabao looks nice. Sure there’s a poor area, but if you have some income and a decent place on the beach it would be ideal. There is a decent amount of tourism to make your income from, and all the fresh fish and weekly chicken you can eat. And I think Evelyn is super hot. 

ETA-The hottest months in Engabao are Jan-March. The average high is about 80 degrees Fahrenheit. That’s pretty comfortable. Population is about 15k. Eviline seems to do fine there and has her family. I’d probably want to stay myself. She’s a smart cookie and I like her. Not everyone wants to move to the US.

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

I’m an awful person, but I laughed my ass off at Jenny suffering a blow. It’s insane to me that she’s moving to India for security. That’s her long con.

I know, right?!  There are believable reasons for moving to India, but “security” makes absolutely no sense to me.  “Adventure”, absolutely.  “Love”, well I could believe that of her too.  Then again she doesn’t behave like an adult let alone the granny she actually is.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, RealReality said:

Laura seems to think that sex gives her some sort of upper hand with aladin. Because she is so amazing at it and he is so terrible at it.

Laura's educational approach towards sex with Aladin is Fifty-One Shades of BLECHHH. 

giphy.gif

May-December relationships are fine IMO so long as: 

• mutual respect and affection exist
  • no ulterior motives (for either party)
  • they're on the same page regarding life goals (particularly future children)
  • the babyspouse isn't the same age or younger than any children the elderspouse has
  • the babyspouse is an adult (mentally/emotionally, not just legally)
  • the elderspouse isn't behaving like a guardian/teacher/parent.

Waiting for this one to hit the iceberg. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Drogo said:

Laura's educational approach towards sex with Aladin is Fifty-One Shades of BLECHHH. 

giphy.gif

May-December relationships are fine IMO so long as: 

• mutual respect and affection exist
  • no ulterior motives (for either party)
  • they're on the same page regarding life goals (particularly future children)
  • the babyspouse isn't the same age or younger than any children the elderspouse has
  • the babyspouse is an adult (mentally/emotionally, not just legally)
  • the elderspouse isn't behaving like a guardian/teacher/parent.

Waiting for this one to hit the iceberg. 

I agree and would just add that....for me....a transactional marriage is fine too.

If both parties are, as you said, adults and one person trades their looks and sex appeal for stability and security that's fine.

It's why I never had a problem with Anna Nicole Smith and that really really really really old guy.  I thought she got a raw deal.  She married him for money and he married her so he could play with some young titties.  It was transactional and that's fine, IMO.  

** - although interestingly enough, apparently the oil tycoon had met ANS while she was a stripper and before she became famous but she didn't want to marry him until she had her own fame.  

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Spike said:

Maybe his original teeth vaporized.

And he needed to go to Mr. Wilson's quickie dentist.

giphy.gif

Aladin loves those quickies.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I doubt that mouth has been anywhere exotic on Laura. 

She didn't say he never played the slots-

just that he never hit a jackpot.

raw

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

It's why I never had a problem with Anna Nicole Smith and that really really really really old guy.  I thought she got a raw deal.  She married him for money and he married her so he could play with some young titties.  It was transactional and that's fine, IMO.  

** - although interestingly enough, apparently the oil tycoon had met ANS while she was a stripper and before she became famous but she didn't want to marry him until she had her own fame.  

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/anna-nicole-smith/id1380008439?i=1000430260935

I highly recommend this podcast episode and podcast in general, basically all the stuff about Anna Nicole Smith being some gold-digger chasing after a senile old man's money is complete bullshit. He pursued her aggressively and she repeatedly rejected him for years until she became rich and famous in her own right.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Drogo said:

And he needed to go to Mr. Wilson's quickie dentist.

giphy.gif

Aladin loves those quickies.

So that's where Scott from Love after Lockup got his teef.  Off topic.  Sorry.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

I think Aladin wants to make Laura Wife #1, access her money and then when he can support them (using Laura's $$) he will add Wives 2-4 to his stable. 

Interesting idea, but that will only work if he stays in the middle east. I still suspect the end game is to come to America (or Canada), but it will be fun to see how it all unfolds. At some point there will be a "aaaand there it is" moment. Unless he's waiting until after the show stops following them.

1 hour ago, John M said:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/anna-nicole-smith/id1380008439?i=1000430260935

I highly recommend this podcast episode and podcast in general, basically all the stuff about Anna Nicole Smith being some gold-digger chasing after a senile old man's money is complete bullshit. He pursued her aggressively and she repeatedly rejected him for years until she became rich and famous in her own right.

So, she married him for love? Sex?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, deedee2 said:

Interesting idea, but that will only work if he stays in the middle east. I still suspect the end game is to come to America (or Canada), but it will be fun to see how it all unfolds. At some point there will be a "aaaand there it is" moment. Unless he's waiting until after the show stops following them.

I'm going to give that podcast a whirl for sure.  But I suspect there was some degree of looking for a father figure.  For her and her son, I don't think her father was in the picture.

The stuff in the couples thread re: Liam makes me think the game may be afoot!

5 hours ago, deedee2 said:

She had an awful, abusive childhood and went through amazing hardship before she became famous.

In her own words...

"I loved him for so much for what he did for me and my son," Smith told Larry King on his show in 2002. "I've never had love like that before. No one has ever loved me, and done things for me, and respected me and didn't care about what people said about me."

So, yes, love.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, BoomerRumor said:

I'm not quite understanding the "permanent address" thing. Don't you just give the marriage bureau your permanent address, which is where they live now?

It might kinda be like with your DL where you have to fill out paperwork and wait for your permanent address to be changes.

Thank you Pickle.,

Also, Jenny says she stayed at his parents house for months.  Did they never discuss marriage while she was there?  What are their objections?  And damn, pull your hair back some times.  Having it all hanging lank with your height, scarves, and giant glasses just add to you looking like Eeyore.

Dear Laura, American style ovens are extremely rare in most of the rest of the world, except the UK, Australia, NZ, and like, France.  Did you never watch any episodes of House Hunters International?  Aladin had a lot of bath products for a single man.  And 24 hours on a plane jiggy jiggy just seems so nasty. 

I'm so torn on Tiffany.  She seems so sensible.  She's saying logical things to Ronald.  But then I remember that she has 90 days and has the wedding within days of arrival.  What was wrong with waiting a bit?  And she's dragged along her son, who seems very sweet, and desperate for a dad so he's being so set up for devastation.

FatherJihoon is a nice man trying to make the best of a weird situation.

• Love 2

The country of India suffered Jenny a blow. They do not want her chopping the Indian dollar. She’s trying to nab an apartment and those sweet call center perks.

SumMeat looks like he’s in his forties and toothless. 

Why do I think this could work?

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Kangatush said:

Thank you Pickle.,

I'm so torn on Tiffany.  She seems so sensible.  She's saying logical things to Ronald.  But then I remember that she has 90 days and has the wedding within days of arrival.  What was wrong with waiting a bit?  And she's dragged along her son, who seems very sweet, and desperate for a dad so he's being so set up for devastation.

FatherJihoon is a nice man trying to make the best of a weird situation.

Totally agree about father jihoon.  I'm hoping that they steer jihoon towards moving to the US.  I think their lives will be miserable with Devan, bratty druscilla and a new baby in what looks like a relatively small apartment.

I don't much care about Tiffany's story, but she is a nitwit.  He drank at the bachelor party and had the world's least attractive stripper grinding all over him. 

His friends are assholes, but has he even been out of rehab for a month?  If he can't take his recovery seriously enough to walk away, he isn't really committed.

She is finding this out FIVE days before her wedding and she is still going to marry him.  She is a damn fool.  She is going into that marriage with her eyes wide open.  He couldn't hold his shit together for a month!  She deserves what she gets, because she has been given ample warning. 

But I feel bad for Daniel who has been pushed by Tiffany to call him dad.  And she can whine all she likes about how she hasn't done that, but her joy at the fact Daniel referred to him as daddy tells me different.

• Love 8