Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Chickening Out

• Start Topic

Laura arrives in Qatar; Tiffany confronts Ronald about his bachelor party; Deavan takes Jihoon's parents out on the town; Corey attempts to win over Evelin's family with magic tricks; Jenny and Sumit receive crushing news.

So things seem ok for Laura...for now that there are cameras everywhere. I just really wish that girlfriend had screened “Not Without My Daughter” before hopping on that plane. 😳

Corey needs to cut his damn losses ASAP. He’s getting caught up in the sunk cost fallacy.  He is just not cut out for love in the third world with an evil shrew.

And I ‘m so glad to see that feckless skanky Deaven continues to have her priorities in order with her demand for a diamond ring. 🙄 Bitch please,   You aren’t even sure if his parents approve of you, and you are yammering on about a diamond engagement ring.  I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that she routinely puts the cart before the horse. This is the woman, after all, who got knocked up before the first date. 🙄

• LOL 2
  • Love 19

Sumit needs a bit of a spine. Jenny is not cut out to live in such a foreign country unless she lives in a fairly posh area. Too used to the conveniences of home and not wanting to fit in. She sticks out. Sumit may be better off running away to America or some other country where he can get a job.

• Love 13

OK so your child is basically the spawn of Satan who is generally capable of behaving for 10 minutes under the best of circumstances.  She is supposedly sick.  Rather than saying you will stay and take care of her while the others sight see your mother is magically able to come and get her and get a flight back so you don't miss a day out.  I call bullshit.  The mother, while not the brightest crayon in the box does NOT seem demented enough to want to take THAT CHILD on a plane, especially WHEN SICK.  Totally disregarding how charmed all the other passengers would be to get whatever noxious illness this child supposedly has, do we really think anyone would be capable of controlling this child on a airplane, while sick?  We've only seen the mother's other child in passing but she did not strike me as particularly feral so it's not like she does this on a regular basis.

Either Deavan simply shipped the child off to get rid of her or she is kind of a REALLY crappy mother, or possibly both.  (I have no children but could not imagine being so irresponsible that I would expect someone to deal with my sick child while I went out sightseeing.

• Love 23

Don't we kinda need to call BS on Chickengate?  That little family compound Corey lived at before had a wee bit of a "preppers" vibe.   

I'm not really buying that Corey had never been around a deer or wild turkey being cut up.

• Useful 3
  • Love 16
28 minutes ago, Horrified said:

Well Mr. Nice Guy, you now have a big weepy girl (with her tears literally magnified by her spectacles) on your hands and no doubt you will be causing your parents' hospitalization in 3, 2, 1..........

“What a blow we just suffered right now...”

EEB94A3F-47EC-4B7C-97FF-255263823CBC.jpeg

• LOL 12
8 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

Don't we kinda need to call BS on Chickengate?  That little family compound Corey lived at before had a wee bit of a "preppers" vibe.   

I'm not really buying that Corey had never been around a deer or wild turkey being cut up.

You are 100% right.  Never even thought of it this way.

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

I’m not really buying that Corey had never been around a deer or wild turkey being cut up

Watching sensitive Corey’s over the top fear of needles, maybe he’s been sheltered from the graphic aspect of putting fresh meat on the table.    

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Deavan getting rid of her sick kid so she wouldn’t get in the way of mommy securing her man gave me Flowers in the Attic vibes. In fact, Deavan just generally gives me V.C. Andrews character vibes.  Bitch be creepy

Corey. This bulb’s a bit dim on intellectual wattage, no?  Was he expecting chicken in the form of nice, crispy, nuggets to magically (tee hee hee) appear on his plate? It was all rather contrived. But his big dumb dork thing is genuine, of this I’m sure.

I wish I had a meme of an impatient Deavan saying to Jihoon in a previous episode “Yeeessss” in response to spawn sleeping in their bed so I can use it as my reaction each and every time an American on the show asks stupid questions about their new surroundings. “Is this really the kitchen??” (Laura) “They’re killing the chicken!?” (Corey) 

• LOL 6
  • Love 18
4 minutes ago, Mrs. Landingham said:

Because if Aladin “jigged” her as is, with 48 hours worth of airplane and airport grossness on her, then I...just...no. 

🤢🤢🤢. I can't even stand myself after 3-4 hrs in the flying Petrie dish.

Love your screen name, BTW.  I sobbed like a little girl when she died on WW.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, zillabreeze said:

🤢🤢🤢. I can't even stand myself after 3-4 hrs in the flying Petrie dish.

Love your screen name, BTW.  I sobbed like a little girl when she died on WW.

Thanks! As did I. It just wasn’t the same without Jed shouting her name randomly from the Oval Office. 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Mrs. Landingham said:

I laughed so hard at that scene of Laura shuffling along in her aching feet that I wheezed. Please tell me she showered and brushed her teeth before any jiggy jiggy commenced. Because if Aladin “jigged” her as is, with 48 hours worth of airplane and airport grossness on her, then I...just...no. 

All I could imagine was that her sock-less feet stunk in those boots.

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

Quick thoughts

• Even though intellectually I know where the chicken I eat comes from, I still couldn't handle that scene.  Things like that make me think I should be vegetarian and then I remember chicken wings.
  • Laura, you live(d) in Florida, we know of cockroaches. Just stop.
  • Where did that professionally decorated cake come from?
  • I think I'm in the minority, but I thought it was sweet Summit was trying to defend Jenny. On the other hand, he needs to man up regarding their relationship and his parents. Also, I really don't understand why they don't just move to the US. Am I being an arrogant American thinking that way?
  • The preview with the ring cracked my shit up.
  • Wish I remembered to participate in the live chats! You guys rock.

Yes to the bold! We have those palm tree roaches, cannot remember the technical term for them. They are the size of a small bird and they are EVERYWHERE. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
47 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

IKR?  His level of commitment to the part is impressive!  Azan & Mo could barely hide their disgust, but Prince Al is is just acting up a storm.  He might be the next Omar Sharif! 

I have a fairly good poker face, but pulling those stank airplane trip, no socks wearing boots off those old feet would have had me blowing chunks.

Jeez!   Laura step away from the bleach bottle!  As one "mature" woman to another - IT AIN'T WORKING!   There's 50 softer blonde colors right there at the Walgreens, next to that new fangled invention called "conditioner".

Too much jiggy jiggy is gonna end up with a whole bunch of broke off hair all over the pillows.

You owe me pants! That rundown was funny AF! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Hannah94 said:

Yes to the bold! We have those palm tree roaches, cannot remember the technical term for them. They are the size of a small bird and they are EVERYWHERE. 

Palmetto bugs?

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
Just now, DanaMB said:

Palmetto bugs?

Yes that's it! Thank you. So Laura being all shocked over cockroaches is just plain dumb. It took multiple stomps to take out those huge palmetto bugs. It was just part of daily living, especially in the lanai. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

Palmetto bugs?

These keep me from visiting my sister at her Florida. Those buggers are GANSTA. I want no parts of that. 

How awful not to be able to take a hot shower after being on a nasty ass plane. It's the first thing I do. Silkwwod shower is my first mission. 

Jenny came in a hot mess and had to cold shower it at best. My hair can't work up that kind of oil in weeks let alone a admittedly long flight. I'd still want that shower. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
39 minutes ago, Hannah94 said:

It took multiple stomps to take out those huge palmetto bugs.

We have some kind of giant tree roach in Texas, too.  You can stomp on them, actually hear them crunch, but lift your foot and the bastards run off!

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

Quick thoughts

• Even though intellectually I know where the chicken I eat comes from, I still couldn't handle that scene.  Things like that make me think I should be vegetarian and then I remember chicken wings.
  • Laura, you live(d) in Florida, we know of cockroaches. Just stop.
  • Where did that professionally decorated cake come from?
  • I think I'm in the minority, but I thought it was sweet Summit was trying to defend Jenny. On the other hand, he needs to man up regarding their relationship and his parents. Also, I really don't understand why they don't just move to the US. Am I being an arrogant American thinking that way?
  • The preview with the ring cracked my shit up.
  • Wish I remembered to participate in the live chats! You guys rock.

I quit chicken, pork & the rest of that filthy stuff ages ago, so glad I did.

Dang, why has Jenny not done the tiniest bit of reading up on a country she intends spending the rest of her life in?

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Horrified said:

you now have a big weepy girl (with her tears literally magnified by her spectacles)

Jenny would be better off ditching the coke bottle lens glasses and being more oblivious like Mr. Magoo 😂 then maybe she could chill out a bit

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
(edited)

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮 Laura talking about teaching Aladin a few things in the bedroom. Hopefully he has no sense of smell, because, imagine the odor permeating from her feet after a two day flight. 

I love Jihoon’s parents. They seem like funny and  kind people. Jihoon seems really sweet too. Too bad he’s stuck with Miss Goth and lil devil. 

Corey can’t win for trying can he? I thought grandma was gonna bust out her rosary beads, and call the priest to perform an exorcism after he performed the magic trick.  I think under the right circumstances, and with the right woman, he could be a very good partner. He’s absolutely devoted  to Evil-lyn despite her obvious disdain for him.

Jenny really needs to learn how to pronounce her fiancé’s name correctly. That would be a good start. And it is a big red flag that Sumit is lying so much about his relationship with her. I spoke before about dating a man from India, and he literally introduced me to his Mom on our first date. 🤪.  No pressure. 

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮 Laura talking about teaching Aladin a few things in the bedroom. Hopefully he has no sense of smell, because, imagine the odor permeating from her feet after a two day flight. 

I love Jihoon’s parents. They seem like funny and  kind people. Jihoon seems really sweet too. Too bad he’s stuck with Miss Goth and lil devil. 

Corey can’t win for trying can he? I thought grandma was gonna bust out her rosary beads, and call the priest to perform an exorcism after he performed the magic trick.  I think under the right circumstances, and with the right woman, he could be a very good partner. He’s absolutely devoted  to Evil-lyn despite her obvious disdain for him.

Jenny really needs to learn how to pronounce her fiancé’s name correctly. That would be a good start. And it is a big red flag that Sumit is lying so much about his relationship with her. I spoke before about dating a man from India, and he literally introduced me to his Mom on our first date. 🤪

I couldn't help but think about what Laura's intentions were in that bedroom, and the fact that she didn't appear to shower........

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮 Laura talking about teaching Aladin a few things in the bedroom. Hopefully he has no sense of smell, because, imagine the odor permeating from her feet after a two day flight.  🤪

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Justaguess said:

😂🤣😂🤣. I literally have Friends on in the background while I'm reading the forums! 

So now, my earworm when I see Laura is gonna be "smelly feet, 🎶 smelly feet🎶.

I hope I don't end up PM'ing  you some unkind words later....

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Jihoon cracks me up.  When he was drinking the big drink, it was hilarious.  He seems like a cute young guy.  It's sad he's stuck with Deavan.  I don't understand her harping on the engagement ring.  He told her it isn't done in Korea, but she says it is in America.  Well, you're moving to Korea, so I think she should adapt to the culture and save the probably much needed money.  What an idiot. 

I also thought Jihoon's dad was sweet.  I only wish they would not have given their permission.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
5 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Jenny would be better off ditching the coke bottle lens glasses and being more oblivious like Mr. Magoo 😂 then maybe she could chill out a bit

HD is not Jenny's friend, the thought of kissing that mouth makes me gag. Laura and Deaven are kind of gross too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

When I lived in Japan, we called the big winged roaches Flying Fortresses. 

• LOL 6
11 hours ago, Horrified said:

Is Sumit the quintessential nice guy?  Doesn't want to hurt or disappoint his parents.  Doesn't want to hurt or disappoint Jenny.  Doesn't want to make waves with his friends.  Hell, he couldn't even warn off the lookyloos in the restaurant with any oomph.

I think he knew damn well about the marriage regulations--he just couldn't tell Jenny and risk the disappointment.

well Mr. Nice Guy, you now have a big weepy girl (with her tears literally magnified by her spectacles) on your hands and no doubt you will be causing your parents' hospitalization in 3, 2, 1..........

You're probably right, obviously he has no problem lying to people, so why should he be any different with Jenny? He may seem like a gentle, kind person, but why would you want a life with someone who is so inauthentic? 

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Mrs. Landingham said:

I laughed so hard at that scene of Laura shuffling along in her aching feet that I wheezed. Please tell me she showered and brushed her teeth before any jiggy jiggy commenced. Because if Aladin “jigged” her as is, with 48 hours worth of airplane and airport grossness on her, then I...just...no. 

Maybe that's why the jiggy jiggy sessions are so quick; it has nothing to do with his ability, but with her unwashed jiggy parts.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

Palmetto Bugs. And they fly.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

We have some kind of giant tree roach in Texas, too.  You can stomp on them, actually hear them crunch, but lift your foot and the bastards run off!

My mom's from Charleston, so I'm familiar with these critters. Armies of them roam the streets at night, and if you step on this moving floor of vermin, they'll carry you down the cobblestones!

• LOL 9
  • Love 1