Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E19: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

Her sister Dabney. She mentioned that she and Bambi were close and Bambi was kept frozen until Dabney could come and see him and say goodbye. 

Didn’t Sonja get a DWI a few years ago? I remember her own mug shot making the rounds. 

No kidding?  Maybe that’s why she takes the bus to the Hamptons and upstate and Bluestone Manor.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Luann got arrested because of the Countess in her.  Dorinda got scared shitless as she knew she was next if she didn’t pace herself.  Sonja, just, well falls off chairs and looks to make out with someone, male or female.

I see no evidence of Dorinda pacing herself. 

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

Yes Sonja got a DUI several years ago. I think it was after her first season on Housewives.

It’s one square on the quilt of Why I Hate Sonja.   Please join me in working on it, brothers and sisters!   How do you walk around with a goddamned DUI and then act like someone even commenting on your blackout Your Name is Tej Like Edge Not Tej Like Rage antics is unfair?  Does this stuck-up grifting biiiiiitch think Reputation Defenders can fix her mess and disappear her own messy mugshot?   Her abuse of Tinsley and bobblehead-in-polyester nodding at every attack launched by Dorinda and Bethenny were features, not bugs.  She’s a bad person.

Well, I’ve given up on Dorinda.   Who in the hell does she think she is?   

I don’t think it’s overreaching at all to presume Bethenny got on Twitter to decry wearing false lashes and brag she was too busy Peanut-snuggling to watch herself be a funt to Tinsley as an offensive-defensive maneuver of sorts.   I’m glad Twitter remembered.   Did anyone send her the Cookie video?   She actually would deserve that, to have that dominate all responses and even take over her feed til part 3.  She was an absolute monster.   It’s...not fixable, is it?

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 20
11 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I don't think you have to attend AA necessarily. But you do need to attend some type of therapy each week. AA is usually the best choice because they are all over the place and reliable. But you don't have to do AA-- you can do a similar program or therapy. Maybe there is a cost-- AA is free...

The people I knew definitely were court ordered to go to AA specifically.  I don't know if one could ask for an alternate program.  I know I spoke at length with one woman who was mandated to come in, who was also an atheist, and had real problems with the situation.  It never occurred to me to ask if she could do some sort of other therapy (plus, I live in the south, and I wouldn't be super keen on a judge in charge of my fate knowing I'm atheist), but if it was an option, I don't think she knew anything about it.

As an aside, the whole thing is a joke - it's completely on the honor system.  Your PO just gives you a form and you have to fill in the date, time, and place of the meeting, and then you get the person who led the meeting to sign off that you were there.  But since AA is anonymous, the person signing doesn't actually put any identifying information (just first name last name), and there is absolutely no way for a PO officer to verify it.  Obviously when I led meetings, I dealt with people who did actually show up for a meeting, but there is nothing to stop someone from going online, seeing when/where meetings are and just filling in random names.  It would take actual effort to get caught at this.

Which is obviously yet another reason I have a problem with it being court mandated (fwiw, I never resented the folks who were forced there; I hoped they got something out of their time).  I have a friend who had to do anger management through the court system.  He had a few places he could choose to complete his program, but they were all authorized by the court.  And yes, it cost money, but I don't have a problem with that - the judge is going to impose fines and court costs so why not build this into that?  They did also offer a sliding scale, but I don't know how that worked.  But the main difference here is that there was a MUCH higher level of accountability.  There was a professional who facilitated the meetings, and you actually had to work and participate in the program to be passed.  If the facilitator thought you weren't doing anything or taking it seriously, they could recycle you in the program or even kick you out all together and you'd go back to court to deal with the judge.  With AA, there is just no such oversight at all.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I couldn’t make out all of what Tinsly was saying but because I went through euthanasia process  last December I do know that they keep the pet in refrigerated unit and in my case until the empathetic cremation place could drive over the hill into busy city to pick him up and take him back to their location in the woods for creation and burial.  Since they were not charging for pickup I made it clear they could come when it was good for them. It  was maybe 3-4 days. 

Who was she keeping the dog in the frozen state for? Who wanted to see it?  That’s odd.  Since I only have 2 brain cells rattling around in my brain I thought of one of the women from Shahs of Sunset who had her little pooch die on her and she put him in her freezer because she didn’t want to let him go. It was so very creepy, right next to the popsicles.  

Ha, yep!  That was MJ on Shahs.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, janie2002 said:

The Tinsley segment was tough. My only favorite part is Tins telling Romona you sleep with your boobs, I sleep with my lashes. You could tell Romona was surprised and had no come back.

I wish all the ladies could stand up to B, but let's face it they like fame too much to risk pissing her off. Tins def could've said calling 911 was ridic in hindsight, almost as bad as filming your dying dog on social media while crying.

Dorinda is a miserable cow, she can be so supportive as a friend. But when the tide turns, and it will she comes with every minuscule sight you've ever done.

Who cares where tons gets money from half the couch got theirs from sleeping well.

Tinsley should just say "fuck all of you" and "go fuck yourselves"...but she would never do that. Her Southern manners prevent her from doing that...

• Love 15
9 hours ago, film noire said:

{{Kicksave }}  I always thought people who said a new animal helps the healing were insensitive  - how does that work, I'd think (all snotty in my head) but it turns out, it works pretty fucking perfectly.  After our first sweetie died at twelve, the only thing that helped mend my heart was a new rescue pup. She was three months old (all paws and ears and only seven pounds, happy to sit in my bra until she got too big and migrated to my shoulder) and she didn't care that I was missing the dog she sniffed out in all the corners, I was hers now.  And faster than I would have thought possible, I became someone who had two dogs - one gone, one there,  both of them mine - because the love you give the next one is built on the love your last one gave to you. It's different for everybody, of course, but for me, that was everything.

So fuck Dorinda and Bethenny* for finding anything about Tinsley's loss amusing. She's hurting because her heart aches, she's grieving and she misses a soul that mattered deeply to her -  to snigger about any of it is disgusting.

*their lack of empathy is never a surprise - they're both casually cruel and forever self-absorbed  - so why is it still so shocking to see? It never fails to drop my jaw.

@film noire, I give a 1000 thumbs up for this post!  I have had many dogs in my past(I'm old-50!) that have died and as crushing as it is to lose them I always had one or two with me and boy was it a life saver.  I lost my girl in May, she was 14.5 but died suddenly, and I am still in disbelief.  I still have two other munchkins and they have definitely helped my grieving process. Obviously, Kaycee will never ever be replaced but neither can the ones before her or the two I have now. Sigh. Unfortunately, one is going to be 13 in Oct and I am scared that she will be gone way too close to my other that just died. She has seizures and it just takes a big toll on an elderly dog even with seizure meds.  My other girl is only 2 so she should be with us a very long time. 

Science needs to figure out a way to extend a dog's life to at least 25 years, AT LEAST! Damn, they are gone too soon!

• Love 13
13 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I’ll never understand how someone as fortunate and wealthy as Bethenny can be such a shrew.  She is so fucking miserable and cranky.  She is a c*** to EVERYONE.  Poor Brynn.  Ramona was 1000000% correct.  B will die alone (in a pile of money), but alone no less.

She is not a role model, she is not a pioneer, she is not an empowered woman.  

I hate seeing these women scream at each other.  

The boyfriend that Bethenny claims is "courting" her should watch this reunion to see what she's really like...

• Love 14
9 hours ago, film noire said:

{{Kicksave }}  I always thought people who said a new animal helps the healing were insensitive  - how does that work, I'd think (all snotty in my head) but it turns out, it works pretty fucking perfectly.  After our first sweetie died at twelve, the only thing that helped mend my heart was a new rescue pup. She was three months old (all paws and ears and only seven pounds, happy to sit in my bra until she got too big and migrated to my shoulder) and she didn't care that I was missing the dog she sniffed out in all the corners, I was hers now.  And faster than I would have thought possible, I became someone who had two dogs - one gone, one there,  both of them mine - because the love you give the next one is built on the love your last one gave to you. It's different for everybody, of course, but for me, that was everything.

So fuck Dorinda and Bethenny* for finding anything about Tinsley's loss amusing. She's hurting because her heart aches, she's grieving and she misses a soul that mattered deeply to her -  to snigger about any of it is disgusting.

*their lack of empathy is never a surprise - they're both casually cruel and forever self-absorbed  - so why is it still so shocking to see? It never fails to drop my jaw.

Dorinda and Bethenny are soulless and self absorbed. I daresay if Dorinda's "Richard" were to meet her today he would want nothing to do with her. How any man could look at this display of cruelty and nastiness and think that Bethenny is a "catch" is beyond me...sure, she has tons of money and celebrity and there's the sex, but that's it. She's  cold, cruel and lacks empathy...and before anyone says "What about all the good work she does for Hurricane relief?" Yes...she does do that but it also serves as a PR vehicle for her Skinny Girl brand. She's very shrewd that way. 

• Love 15
42 minutes ago, Raiderred said:

@film noire, I give a 1000 thumbs up for this post!  I have had many dogs in my past(I'm old-50!) that have died and as crushing as it is to lose them I always had one or two with me and boy was it a life saver.  I lost my girl in May, she was 14.5 but died suddenly, and I am still in disbelief.  I still have two other munchkins and they have definitely helped my grieving process. Obviously, Kaycee will never ever be replaced but neither can the ones before her or the two I have now. Sigh. Unfortunately, one is going to be 13 in Oct and I am scared that she will be gone way too close to my other that just died. She has seizures and it just takes a big toll on an elderly dog even with seizure meds.  My other girl is only 2 so she should be with us a very long time. 

Science needs to figure out a way to extend a dog's life to at least 25 years, AT LEAST! Damn, they are gone too soon!

It's hard watching them deteriorate when they reach the teens in age...all of my dogs have lived to 14 and 15 and had arthritis but our last one really went downhill fast after he turned 14. The arthritis was terrible, he had doggy dementia which was a nightmare and his vision was really bad. I felt as though I was running a hospice towards the end. It broke my heart to see him suffer and finally, at 15, he let me know he wanted to go. Our vet was wonderful and my two sons and I carried him in...he seemed grateful and resigned to finally be free of pain. My grown sons, ages 30 and 34, cried and we all kissed him and said goodbye. I have to say I grieved harder and longer for this dog than I did my own parents when they passed. The bond was that strong. So I know how Tinsley feels...it's too bad she chose to share her grief with women who are so callous and shallow. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I think Tins (or her lawyer) negotiated that hotel living arrangement as part of her Bravo contract and the other ladies do not know this. They think something is "off" moneywise, because they think they know each other's salaries. I think Andy knows that Bravo/NBC picks up the bill for that hotel. If Tins does not have to pay for that hotel bill, she would have enough to go shopping. Also: Her father may have left them with nothing, but there could be a family trust through Dale's side of the family.

Futhermore: Tins is beautiful and lovely, but would not be worth tens of thousands in an "arrangement".  A far younger (sorry-- this is terrible), more beautiful, "fresher" Instagram model would go for less, and would be able to travel to Scott, or stay near him. Just an opinion.

Edited by Aim123
Additional info
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, divsc said:

Did we know Bethenny went to high school in Atlanta? I thought she went to boarding school in Florida or something. 

She went to a lot of different schools the boarding school is where she graduated from.

• Love 2
(edited)

Ok I feel evil and classist saying this- but on the other hand I thought that this show was supposed to be society??- but Dorinda just seems too damn low rent for this show. Her accent just grates, she sounds like a waitress at Denny’s in central Massachusetts. Her clothes are atrocious and her hair and make up also look Denny’s waitress. I mean Sonja and Ramona are hideous at times too but at least they have more of the vibe... I would love to get shit faced with Slurinda at TGI Friday’s but I tune in for something different.

Edited by BluBrd47
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Aim123 said:

Futhermore: Tins is beautiful and lovely, but would not be worth tens of thousands in an "arrangement".  A far younger (sorry-- this is terrible), more beautiful, "fresher" Instagram model would go for less, and would be able to travel to Scott, or stay near him. Just an opinion.

I can’t see any Instagram model going for Scott. He looked so schlumpy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
13 hours ago, Raiderred said:

I lost my girl in May, she was 14.5 but died suddenly, and I am still in disbelief.  I still have two other munchkins and they have definitely helped my grieving process. 

Sorry for you loss, RaiderRed - it's always so hard. 

Science needs to figure out a way to extend a dog's life to at least 25 years, AT LEAST! 

Exactly - why hasn't that happened yet? (As the saying went -  IF THEY CAN SEND A MAN TO THE MOON...showing myself out now).  eta:  I do wonder - because it's so hard to lose an animal after twelve  or fifteen years - what would the grief of a quarter century feel like?  That would be unbearable. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

can’t see any Instagram model going for Scott. He looked so schlumpy. 

I'm talking about the yacht girls, the ones who are 'under arrangements' monetarily, AKA high-class hookers. They wouldn't go for some sloppy person in real life (for free), but under a paid arrangement, I am saying Scott, as schlumpy as he is of course, could find someone younger and more beautiful if he was paying them.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, BluBrd47 said:

Ok I feel evil and classist saying this- but on the other hand I thought that this show was supposed to be society??- but Dorinda just seems too damn low rent for this show. Her accent just grates, she sounds like a waitress at Denny’s in central Massachusetts. Her clothes are atrocious and her hair and make up also look Denny’s waitress. I mean Sonja and Ramona are hideous at times too but at least they have more of the vibe... I would love to get shit faced with Slurinda at TGI Friday’s but I tune in for something different.

The only one born into high society is Tinsley...the others are either nouveau riche or married money. Luann married a European Count and Sonja married into the J.P. Morgan banking dynasty...neither if these women came from wealth. On the contrary they came from working class backgrounds. Not too sure about Dorinda...she never really talks much about her background.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Aim123 said:

I think Tins (or her lawyer) negotiated that hotel living arrangement as part of her Bravo contract and the other ladies do not know this.

That's a good point.  I never thought about it like that.  Kadooz to Tinsley if she got that arranged!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, kicksave said:

The only one born into high society is Tinsley...the others are either nouveau riche or married money. Luann married a European Count and Sonja married into the J.P. Morgan banking dynasty...neither if these women came from wealth. On the contrary they came from working class backgrounds. Not too sure about Dorinda...she never really talks much about her background.

I agree. I wasn’t really talking about their beginnings.... just their mannerisms. Slurinda hasn’t left it behind 🙂

• Love 1
On 7/19/2019 at 5:13 PM, tvfanatic13 said:

Regarding Lu and whether she will drink when she is done with her sentence and whether she is an alcoholic. I am not an alcoholic by any stretch of the imagination. I like good wine (and admittedly sometimes shitty wine). But 6 months ago I got a DWI. And now I can’t have any alcohol for 3 years while on probation. I don’t clamor for it. I don’t jones for it. I don’t cheat because I will never go to jail to have a glass of wine. But you can bet that the minute I am done I will have a nice glass of Rose. And I mean the minute I am done. So I for one don’t judge her for that. 

• O.k., so u got a DWI.  Doctors get DWI’s too.  Have a couple of glasses of wine when it’s time .. just DONT DRIVE.  Take a cab and go home and sleep.  Be safe.
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, kicksave said:

On the contrary they came from working class backgrounds. Not too sure about Dorinda...she never really talks much about her background.

IIRC, when Dorinda first came onto the show, she talked about her father as having been a blue-collar worker, maybe something like an installer or repair guy for the local power company?  He used to go do jobs in the Bluestone Manor house, and she had dreams as a little girl of owning that house someday.  That really endeared her to me at the time.  Now not so much.

4 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

O.k., so u got a DWI.  Doctors get DWI’s too.  Have a couple of glasses of wine when it’s time .. just DONT DRIVE.  Take a cab and go home and sleep.  Be safe.

I don't think a DWI is something to dismiss casually as a little mistake. I think it's a very serious crime, like getting drunk and waving a loaded gun around in an auditorium.  Maybe you'll get lucky and not kill anyone, or maybe you won't get lucky. I don't think people should get one for free.

• Love 15
21 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I feel like these women are part of my big dysfunctional family. A couple of drunk, inappropriate aunts, a neurotic sister, the baby sister I never had, that woman that no one can quite place, but shows up to everything trying to pick up an uncle...I love these women, I can't help it.

Me too.  I feel a connection to them like they are my friends.  I also love the scenery in the city, upstate n.y., the Hamptons, the restaurants, etc.   It’s Sex & the City with oldsters.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

IIRC, when Dorinda first came onto the show, she talked about her father as having been a blue-collar worker, maybe something like an installer or repair guy for the local power company?  He used to go do jobs in the Bluestone Manor house, and she had dreams as a little girl of owning that house someday.  That really endeared her to me at the time.  Now not so much.

I don't think a DWI is something to dismiss casually as a little mistake. I think it's a very serious crime, like getting drunk and waving a loaded gun around in an auditorium.  Maybe you'll get lucky and not kill anyone, or maybe you won't get lucky. I don't think people should get one for free.

I’m not dismissing it casually, but the world will never stop drinking alcohol no matter what.  The thing is to take it seriously and go the safe route.  She did her punishment, now has to be careful.  I don’t get what you are saying exactly.

• Love 1

Here's a little number sung to the group Pistol Annie's song 'Hell on Heels.'  This is for Bethenny.  The song is about a gold-digger, but that's not Bethenny, but I couldn't resist the title of the song, so I tried to make it work.  You can find the original on YouTube.  

I'm hell on heels
Say what you will
I've done made the devil a deal
He made me pithy
He made me smart
I'm going to get you with my stone cold heart
I'm hell on heels, baby I'm comin' for you.

This diamond ring on my hand
I'm waving  it around, oh ain't it grand.
This sweet little Brynn, oh she's superb
I kicked her Daddy over to the curb.
I'm hell on heels, baby I'm comin' for you

I got me a driver, a nice fancy car
Drives me around 'cause I'm a big star.
Had a high-rise pad up in the sky
Kicked my husband out and I made him cry.

Then there's my gals, I almost forgot
I tore them down and made fun of Scott.
Poor ol' LuAnn, bless her heart
I lost my mind and ripped her apart.
I'm hell on heels, New York Ladies I'm comin' for you

I'm hell on heels, say what you will
He made me pithy
He made me smart
And I'm going to get you with my stone cold heart
I'm hell on heels baby I'm comin' for you.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

I (the OP) never said it wasn’t serious or that I wasn’t taking it seriously. Quite to the contrary. My point is the fact that it happened does not make me an alcoholic. That is a label that is thrown around way too easily. 

• Love 8
(edited)
On 7/19/2019 at 1:20 PM, heavysnaxx said:

based on the narratives of day-drinking and apology lunches

So fucking funny!  - Day-drinking and Apology Lunches deserves to be the title of a best-selling memoir (no Carole, not you).

On 7/19/2019 at 2:55 PM, kicksave said:

What does it take for someone to be diagnosed as alcoholic? A drunk driving accident where other, innocent people are killed or injured? Own it and do the work.

I agree 100 pecent.  By any measure, Luann is an alcoholic (and if the mimosas were any indication, one who seems eager to start drinking asap).  Her inability to admit that is, not so ironically, one of the signs that she's an alcoholic.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 15
On 7/19/2019 at 11:30 AM, Yours Truly said:

She fell once. 

Because people like drinking and it is hard to have something you find enjoyable taken away from you. It's more about being denied the choice that I think is the bigger struggle.

I drink. I like that I can have a drink when I feel stressed or had a long day. People abuse alcohol and over indulge on occassion but that doesn't make someone an alcoholic. It's more about how one is able to maintain a level of control and how often they CAN drink responsibly that, to me, determines someone's dependence on alcohol. 

I think people can go through bouts of abusing alcohol without needing to abstain from it for the rest of their lives especially if the increased drinking is due to a variety of contributing factors.  People lose their way from time to time and as long as they are taking a step back and processing the destructive behavior and make adjustments then I don't see anything wrong with returning to a previous lifestyle once major life obstacles have been addressed and overcome.

I don't think alcohol is Lu's issue. I think she needed to get through the other turmoil that was revolving around her life, her emotional state and mental strain. Once those factors level off then I really think that Lu's drinking would go back to normal. It's the circumstances surrounding her life that was causing her to make bad decisions which included drinking too much which then branched off into more bad situations. Not some chemical dependence on alcohol.

Her "slip" involved 2 mimosa's not some drunken bender. Not saying it was the smartest thing to do but socializing is a big part of Lu's lifestyle and having a drink with brunch or grabbing a drink with friends is just one of those pleasantries a person like Lu enjoys. It's not that she can't NOT drink it's her inability to accept that it's not a luxury she's allowed anymore that I truly believe is the true issue. The fact that she isn't allowed to make that decision for herself. 

Which is why, yes, I wouldn't be surprised if she went back to drinking after her probation is over and why I wouldn't be overly concerned about it. I would just hope the healing would have begun with regards that whatever it was that had her throwing caution to the wind, Putting her back to the place where she drank responsibly.  

This post says it all.  It’s great!  

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I (the OP) never said it wasn’t serious or that I wasn’t taking it seriously. Quite to the contrary. My point is the fact that it happened does not make me an alcoholic. That is a label that is thrown around way too easily. 

I feel like I am missing something? What does Dorinda’s background have to do with her alcohol abuse? I feel like she is bawdy and brash Dorinda or Slurinda 🙂

Just now, Gem 10 said:

I don’t get what you are saying exactly.

I'm saying that we take drunk driving far too lightly in this country.  I thought that was clear from what I posted.  There's a whole industry devoted to getting people off the legal hook for doing something that's a crime.

Just now, tvfanatic13 said:

It doesn't matter whether the person driving under the influence is a full-time alcoholic or just a hobby drunk.  It certainly didn't matter to my cousin, who was a young pregnant newlywed, her unborn child, and her husband when a drunk driver killed them all.  What we call the person who does it is inconsequential.  It's a crime that should carry a jail sentence, IMO.

• Love 13
43 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Here's a little number sung to the group Pistol Annie's song 'Hell on Heels.'  This is for Bethenny.  The song is about a gold-digger, but that's not Bethenny, but I couldn't resist the title of the song, so I tried to make it work.  You can find the original on YouTube.  

I'm hell on heels
Say what you will
He made me pithy
He made me smart
I'm going to get you with my stone cold heart

This diamond ring on my hand
I'm waving  it around, oh ain't it grand.
This sweet little Brynn, oh she's superb
I kicked her Daddy over to the curb.
I'm hell on heels, baby I'm comin' for you

I got me a driver, a nice fancy car
Drives me around 'cause I'm a big star.
Had a high-rise pad up in the sky
Kicked my husband out and I made him cry.

Then there's my gals, I almost forgot
I tore them down and made fun of Scott.
Poor ol' LuAnn, bless her heart
I lost my mind and ripped her apart.
I'm hell on heels, New York Ladies I'm comin' for you

I'm hell on heels, say what you will
He made me pithy
He made me smart
And I'm going to get you with my stone cold heart
I'm hell on heels baby I'm comin' for you.

You’re a poet, just don’t know it.  Hahaha

• LOL 3
On 7/18/2019 at 8:03 PM, KungFuBunny said:

I love Crazy Noodle!

giphy.gif

Your affection for her softens my feelings to her. I always have to admire how she responds to being called out. It never changes her, but she takes it with grace.

• Love 8
On 7/18/2019 at 8:10 PM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Ramona and Bethenny both really tear each other apart. But Ramona is not wrong that Bethenny is very hot and cold with her. 

Well, yeah. I'd be hot and cold with Ramona too. Ramona goes below the belt, up through the uterus and rips out the ovaries. 

And then Bethenny goes back at her, but never as low, often as annoying though.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
52 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Correct.  You made a bad choice at the time and paid your dues.  Get on with your life and good luck.  I don’t drink and never have, but right now I feel like one or two, but that doesn’t make me an alcoholic, lol.

Edited by Gem 10
(edited)
21 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Just board speculation (and, maybe a bit of wishful thinking!).   🙂

Love it.  Both about the same age, brought up the same, perfect.  The grandmas would be thrilled with a grandchild as Tins has the eggs.  I wish too.  Patricia and Dale are aggressive, so maybe they have something in the works.  Maybe Tins can switch to Southern Charm  as I thinks she’s had it with this bunch.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 3

I didn't like that they let Dorinda get away with not taking accountability for her fundraiser faux pas by exaggerating Lu's anger over the fish room. Lu didn't draw attention of restaurant goers the way Dorinda rudely interjected in front of a room full of donors and the fundraiser guest and then had Ramona not back down to only make the situation that much more awkward. Lu has had her fair share of fuck ups but on the RH show, she has been quite aware in removing herself from situations where a public spectacle begins unfolding.

I felt bad for Tinsley. The women piled on her and her finances and how she pays for her lifestyle and tried to justify the insinuations about her basically hoeing herself out for a grand lifestyle as them feeling like she doesn't really share her life with them or for the cameras.

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I felt bad for Tinsley. The women piled on her and her finances and how she pays for her lifestyle and tried to justify the insinuations about her basically hoeing herself out for a grand lifestyle as them feeling like she doesn't really share her life with them or for the cameras.

I think that Dorinda and Sonja were trying to deflect attention away from their rude behavior over the season.  I really hoped that LuAnn's run-in with the law would've been incentive enough for Dorinda and Sonja to ease up on the drinking.  Their behavior is embarrassing when they've had too much to drink.  It doesn't look like they gave it another thought.  It's bad enough that they could hurt themselves, but I truly hope they never hurt someone else in their drunken state.   Chiming in with those whose families were affected by drunk drivers, it's not a laughing matter to see them wasted.  Hopefully they have drivers to take them everywhere.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
22 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I think that Dorinda and Sonja were trying to deflect attention away from their rude behavior over the season.  I really hoped that LuAnn's run-in with the law would've been incentive enough for Dorinda and Sonja to ease up on the drinking.  Their behavior is embarrassing when they've had too much to drink.  It doesn't look like they gave it another thought.  It's bad enough that they could hurt themselves, but I truly hope they never hurt someone else in their drunken state.   Chiming in with those whose families were affected by drunk drivers, it's not a laughing matter to see them wasted.  Hopefully they have drivers to take them everywhere.  

As long as Sonja and Dorinda think they don't have a problem because they've managed to avoid getting arrested the way Lu did, they will continue to drink, continue to deny that they have issues with the way they handle their alcohol and they will continue to think they're better than Lu because of it.

• Love 13
On 7/19/2019 at 6:06 AM, rehoboth said:

The pile on on Tinsley's money just seems ought of left field.  It leads me to believe that the women know something but can't break the 4th wall to reveal it so they are dancing all around something.  It reminds me of the early years of Beverly Hills when everyone thought that Kim was drinking but no one wanted to come out and say it.  What we saw just makes no sense.

But why wouldn't they use their already proven strategy of leaking stories to Page 6 if there actually was something hinky with Tinsley's money?

I think they're mostly pissed because a decent amount of what she spends to be in New York when they film is probably deductible as a business expense because her home is Palm Beach, Florida.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

I'm saying that we take drunk driving far too lightly in this country.  I thought that was clear from what I posted.  There's a whole industry devoted to getting people off the legal hook for doing something that's a crime.

It doesn't matter whether the person driving under the influence is a full-time alcoholic or just a hobby drunk.  It certainly didn't matter to my cousin, who was a young pregnant newlywed, her unborn child, and her husband when a drunk driver killed them all.  What we call the person who does it is inconsequential.  It's a crime that should carry a jail sentence, IMO.

I wish I could like this post more times than once. 

I'm so very sorry your family has had to suffer such a devastating, senseless loss at the hands of some fool who chose to drink and drive.  

• Love 14
On 7/19/2019 at 2:35 PM, kicksave said:

Let me add that when Bethenny’s dog Cookie died, she put it on viral Twitter blast and was crying inconsolably. She’s a wretched alpha girl who is incapable of being sympathetic or kind. This new guy must only be attracted to her for her money and getting laid.

As unpopular as I know this is, I have always liked Bethenny, but watching her snickering, and trying not to laugh when Tinsley was discussing the loss of Bambi was really too much. Knowing she has been through the pain makes it that much more disgusting. That was really just toi much. 

• Love 21
(edited)
On 7/19/2019 at 5:39 PM, lasu said:

4. Being in AA is probably actually reinforcing the idea to Lu that she is NOT an alcoholic.  The most common idea in AA is that one CANNOT take one drink.  It's simply not possible for an alcoholic, which isn't going to match up for the binge drinker like Luanne. 

Luann described herself as unable to stop at one drink: "It's good because I can't drink, and really at this point I feel like I'm almost allergic to alcohol because I can't be like most normal people and have a glass or two of wine. I'll drink the whole bottle and then I'm looking where can I get another bottle?"  ... "I can't have one drink," she told Kelly. "I don't know when to stop."

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/searchq=cache:y8iYYvR1RMwJ:https://www.eonline.com/news/960000/luann-de-lesseps-recalls-the-moment-she-broke-her-sobriety-i-felt betrayed+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

(ETA to reflect @ShawnaLanne's info: Despite Luann's diagnosis of being allergic  (dermatitis denial)  Luann's describing an alcoholic pattern  (one drink is too many, and a thousand are never enough). She's admitted she was drinking seven drinks a day (of all kinds - martinis, wine, vodka sodas) including adding in a "hair of the dog" to get her day going.

She also experienced something that sounds like alcohol tolerance (drinking more because the previous amount was no longer working). She drank excessively, could not stop once she started, drank so much and so often she experienced increasing tolerance, and her drinking led to trouble at her place of work, insane financial decisions, a family crisis, a mugshot, a felony charge,  rehab,  plus court ordered AA.  And still, she drank two mimosas.

Sounds like a textbook description of an alcoholic to me.

8 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

It doesn't matter whether the person driving under the influence is a full-time alcoholic or just a hobby drunk.  It certainly didn't matter to my cousin, who was a young pregnant newlywed, her unborn child, and her husband when a drunk driver killed them all.  

What a profound loss, Mondrianyone - condolences to you and your family.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 20
15 minutes ago, film noire said:

Luann described herself as unable to stop at one drink: "It's good because I can't drink, and really at this point I feel like I'm almost allergic to alcohol because I can't be like most normal people and have a glass or two of wine. I'll drink the whole bottle and then I'm looking where can I get another bottle?"   

"I can't have one drink," she told Kelly. "I don't know when to stop."

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/searchq=cache:y8iYYvR1RMwJ:https://www.eonline.com/news/960000/luann-de-lesseps-recalls-the-moment-she-broke-her-sobriety-i-felt betrayed+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Despite Luann's diagnosis of being allergic  (dermatitis denial) that's the pattern of a classic alcoholic - one drink is too many and a thousand are not enough. She also admitted she was drinking seven drinks a day (martinis, wine and vodka sodas)  including adding in a "hair of the dog" to get her day going. She also experienced something that sounds very much like alcoholic tolerance (drinking more because the previous amount was no longer working).  So she drank excessively, could not stop once she started, drank so often she experienced alcoholic tolerance, and her drinking led to insane financial decisions, a family crisis, a mugshot, a felony charge,  rehab,  plus court ordered AA.

And still, she drank two mimosas.  Sounds like a textbook description of an alcoholic, imo.

What a profound loss, Mondrianyone - condolences to you and your family.

Talking about alcohol as being an allergy is something we do in AA. We also don't (or try not to - I'm pretty good about it in RL, but I've armchair diagnosed Lu, ) diagnose anyone else as an alcoholic. It's something that we each come to, or not. If we don't admit we have a problem, then AA won't work. 

I was not surprised to hear Lu backpedaling on being an alcoholic, she doesn't want to quit drinking. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
15 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Talking about alcohol as being an allergy is something we do in AA. We also don't (or try not to - I'm pretty good about it in RL, but I've armchair diagnosed Lu, ) diagnose anyone else as an alcoholic. 

So she's using the language of AA while refusing to admit she's an alcoholic - god help her (and thanks for the info ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, film noire said:

So she's using the language of AA while refusing to admit she's an alcoholic - god help her (and thanks for the info ; )

She uses it all the time. It's  infuriating, one of our tenants is that "Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our Traditions, ever reminding us to place principles before personalities.” 

There are a lot of good reasons for that, those that pertain to alcoholics specifically, our personal mental health/growth, because no one person should definitively speak about AA, an individual shouldn't be seen as the face of AA and we don't endorse stuff under the guise of AA, it would cause problems. But also because alcoholics often relapse, and even when we don't we can say and do really stupid stuff -partly because of our personality types. In a nutshell ,so we don't give AA a bad name. This half assed embracing of AA makes us look bad - but more importantly could discourage someone who could be helped by the program get help, because - Lu.

I don't care one way or another if she is or isn't an alcoholic, she is a condenscending entitled witch. Who is sometimes amusing to watch, but usually infuriating. I wish she and Ramona were kicked down to friend of, maybe it would deflate their egos enough so they'd be good to watch again.

I could also enjoy seeing someone more like Tinsley on the show. I liked watching her fo her circus gig, and charity things. It doesn't have to be all drama to be engaging for me. 

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

She uses it all the time. It's  infuriating, one of our tenants is that "Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our Traditions, ever reminding us to place principles before personalities.” 

There are a lot of good reasons for that, those that pertain to alcoholics specifically, our personal mental health/growth, because no one person should definitively speak about AA, an individual shouldn't be seen as the face of AA and we don't endorse stuff under the guise of AA, it would cause problems. But also because alcoholics often relapse, and even when we don't we can say and do really stupid stuff -partly because of our personality types. In a nutshell ,so we don't give AA a bad name. This half assed embracing of AA makes us look bad - but more importantly could discourage someone who could be helped by the program get help, because - Lu.

I don't care one way or another if she is or isn't an alcoholic, she is a condenscending entitled witch. Who is sometimes amusing to watch, but usually infuriating. I wish she and Ramona were kicked down to friend of, maybe it would deflate their egos enough so they'd be good to watch again.

I could also enjoy seeing someone more like Tinsley on the show. I liked watching her do her circus gig, and charity things. It doesn't have to be all drama to be engaging for me. 

On 7/19/2019 at 6:41 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Glad I read it, and I mostly agree with you.  I have never been a part of AA, so I can't speak of it.  I am in no position to judge whether or not Lu is a technical alcoholic, but I do believe that a woman in her 50's shouldn't drink to the point of falling, following strangers to hotel rooms (the wrong room at that), injuring law enforcement, subsequently threatening to "kill" said law enforcement...

I have done a lot of drinking in my lifetime.  A lot a lot.  When I was told that I had an illness that would be exacerbated by liquor, I stopped drinking it.  I have no regrets because my health and longevity* mean more to me than that glass of whatever.  That doesn't seem to be the case with Lu.  I believe that the handful of incidents involving Lu that we have been privy to alone would likely qualify her for 'alcoholic' status, and I can't know of things that occurred outside of the camera's eye.  I also believe that she has zero business being involved in this television shitshow.  It will.not.end.well if she continues imo.  She is a nurse.  Would it pay for a Manhattan apartment or a vacation home?  Probably not, but it would be an honest way to make a decent living and live a life of purpose...somewhere else.  She is now addicted to being "on stage", and whatever form that takes, whether RHONY or the Cabafrigginret, girl's gotta have it.  She's dancing around now with an "I beat the system" attitude because for now, she seems to have done so.  We'll all see if there are consequences for her actions and inactions.

*Edit - mostly health.  Learning from my mother's example that longevity ain't all it's cracked up to be.

Lu is over the nurse status.  From nurse, she went to Countess.  From Countess, she went to Star, and is holding on to that status for dear life, drinking to calm her nerves to stay there.  She pulled the Reese Witherspoon by saying to the cop “do u know who I am”, take these cuffs off me”.  She may last on the stage as long as the show is on, but when it’s over, she’s toast.  Unless she meets another “somebody”, but these somebodys want and get younger.  Once you’re up there, you don’t want to go back.  Her house upstate is her safe haven, where she can drink to her hearts content without these nosey holes seeing her.  They’re all bad news anyway, but I still love watching them, thankful that I’m a real housewife with a modest home and life.  I don’t know where they all get their stamina.  Give me my sofa and t.v. and that’s it. Lol.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Lu is over the nurse status.  From nurse, she went to Countess.  From Countess, she went to Star, and is holding on to that status for dear life, drinking to calm her nerves to stay there.  She pulled the Reese Witherspoon by saying to the cop “do u know who I am”, take these cuffs off me”.  She may last on the stage as long as the show is on, but when it’s over, she’s toast.  Unless she meets another “somebody”, but these somebodys want and get younger.  Once you’re up there, you don’t want to go back.  Her house upstate is her safe haven, where she can drink to her hearts content without these nosey holes seeing her.  They’re all bad news anyway, but I still love watching them, thankful that I’m a real housewife with a modest home and life.  I don’t know where they all get their stamina.  Give me my sofa and t.v. and that’s it. Lol.

Ha, don't forget from Countess she went to Wife (that seemed to give her the same kind of identity/ego boost more than just falling in "love"), then Star. 

I hope Luann finds her next niche. Somehow I'm thinking she's not the type who is going to be content home playing Grandma and baby-sitting the grandkids a few days a week.

• Love 6
(edited)
21 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

So sorry about your cousin and her family. To me Lu's description of her mimosa "slip" is proof she is an alcoholic. If your need to drink is such that you can't pass up a drink, knowing you are going to be tested, you have a problem. I have never been in a situation where I couldn't just say no to alcohol. A cupcake? I will probably give in, but HUGE difference. I may enjoy a drink, I never need one. And, if I am driving, which since my divorce I often am at social functions, I simply do not order alcohol. It does not matter if I am not getting back in the car for 3 hours and could probably have a glass of wine with dinner and it would be fine by the time I leave. I won't take the chance. IMO,  If alcohol is important enough that you cannot make the right choice, you have problem. I also think that for grown ass women to be so wasted, on a regular basis, that they are falling down drunk, you have a problem. So, for me, all of these women have alcohol issues  Lu's DUI is the flag that should have gone up for her. I don't really think it has. However for the others to be so smug is laughable. They are one DUI, or Drunk in public charge away from Lu.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 8