Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E19: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

I guess I am not sure what the argument here is. Lu did something while intoxicated that got her into legal trouble and now she has to follow a certain protocol to stay out of legal trouble. Whether or not she's actually an alcoholic is not for me to say but regardless, I suspect that being forced to abstain has required her to take a different look at her life, which actually has probably been good for her. 

But in any case, I don't think Lu's issues with alcohol are more severe than Dorinda's or Sonja's. Lu was forced to face her drinking because of her legal issues. But IMO, Dorinda and Sonja have just as big an issue with alcohol as Lu does. 

I realized in watching the episode last night how truly toxic it was for Bethenny to tell Lu that she's "dining out" on her sobriety, like it is something about which she should be ashamed. And it also did bother me that none of them were really listening to Lu when she said that being around their constant drinking is difficult. Bethenny can say, "well, you said we can drink around you" when Lu was pointing that she walked into Lu's room in Miami with a drink in her hand (in order to berate Lu) shows a real self-centeredness. 

• Love 22
12 hours ago, Chalby said:

I may sound like an idiot, but I have never noticed people being "ordered" to stay sober where I live (Vancouver). Stay away from drugs, yes... Drinking and driving, yes... I cannot fathom being told I will go to jail if I imbibe in something that is socially acceptable and enjoyed by most, including the judge who sentenced her. There's got to be more involved than public drunkenness. Even her manic episode with the kids' money etc., cannot be something they connect to alcohol. Or can they? I only drink at the lake in summer, but I would hate to lose even that option.

It's very common in America to be ordered to abstain from alcohol.  I've seen it done with marijuana charges.  Also, I think the original sentence of probation was a given.  The courts don't have time or space to put someone on a charge like this in jail, white privilege or not.  I know she was charged with battery on a police officer, but in reality she was drunk and got angry/scared and tried to close a door and the cop got hit.  She didn't go after him with fists or a bat.  I do think after violating probation she got some special treatment tho. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

Tinsley was really hurt. It wasn’t put on. She was focused on trying not to cry. Who cares about how she gets her money? 

bethenny revels in hurting others. She gets a gleam in her eyes. I wish someone called her out on her hypocrisy. When Cookie was having a seizure she made an instagram story of herself hysterically crying.

Bambi was family to her, and she’s allowed to grieve anyway she chooses. 

I agree. I like Tinsley. She was mourning the loss of her dog. It was a member of the family.

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Welp, I don't agree. 

The courts, her probation officer, and a shit ton of other people do... am i saying shes a horrible alcoholic no but she does have a problem and was skirting around the issue last night trying to justify her behavior and blaming it on everyone else and not herself no one makes her drink she controls that

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I believe Tinsley is the only cast member who was born with a silver spoon in her mouth and the animosity toward her may be because she never had to struggle. "Animosity" may be the wrong word, but I don't think she commands respect among this group.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
(edited)
4 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I guess I am not sure what the argument here is. Lu did something while intoxicated that got her into legal trouble and now she has to follow a certain protocol to stay out of legal trouble. Whether or not she's actually an alcoholic is not for me to say but regardless, I suspect that being forced to abstain has required her to take a different look at her life, which actually has probably been good for her. 

But in any case, I don't think Lu's issues with alcohol are more severe than Dorinda's or Sonja's. Lu was forced to face her drinking because of her legal issues. But IMO, Dorinda and Sonja have just as big an issue with alcohol as Lu does. 

I realized in watching the episode last night how truly toxic it was for Bethenny to tell Lu that she's "dining out" on her sobriety, like it is something about which she should be ashamed. And it also did bother me that none of them were really listening to Lu when she said that being around their constant drinking is difficult. Bethenny can say, "well, you said we can drink around you" when Lu was pointing that she walked into Lu's room in Miami with a drink in her hand (in order to berate Lu) shows a real self-centeredness. 

I agree with everything here.

And might I add that Bethenny has dined out on a plethora of things more repulsive than Luanne drinking during a difficult time.

And for that matter, that is all I think it is for Luanne.  Alcohol seems to be her coping mechanism.  Not a good one, but that is how I see it.  If she were rich and happily married, I don't think alcohol would be the issue it has been for her.

In other words, I feel it is temporary to a degree - assuming she finds better ways to deal with her position in life now-a-days.  

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
14 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

And it also did bother me that none of them were really listening to Lu when she said that being around their constant drinking is difficult. Bethenny can say, "well, you said we can drink around you" when Lu was pointing that she walked into Lu's room in Miami with a drink in her hand (in order to berate Lu) shows a real self-centeredness. 

You mean how dare Bethenny believe Lu when she tells her something?  I cosign that.  Everything that Lu has said since the arrest has been a lie.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Wasn’t she falling in bushes and stuff? You haven’t seen her messy drunk? She’s a drunk. She just doesn’t think she’s one it’s always someone else causing her to do it. She thinks she can control it and obviously can’t and has been slipping. She has a countdown in her head to 5..4..3..2...1.. drink again. She basically has to keep herself sober just for this and that’s hard for her. Why if you aren’t an alcoholic would it be hard NOT to drink? You just don’t drink it’s not a struggle 

With all the talk about manic episodes and irresponsible financial behavior (needing $, not following through with the trust requirements) leads me to believe she may be bipolar and was self medicating and then the self medicating turned into a need.  She also has had irresponsible behavior re men (Pirate-gate) which helped her lose her boyfriend.  That is just my bullshit analysis.  

I also had a thought about the 6 mil that was needed that someone else commented on.  I am taking a stab at a scenario that may or may not be true.  Maybe there was no 6 mil dollar house.  Maybe that was an official story.  Maybe she panicked because she didn't set up the trust and Alex and the kids found out and sued her.  She needed SOMEONE to float her the cash to make the lawsuit go away (she needed 5 for them, why not ask for another cool mil for yourself to help get ya thru).  <speculation>, B knew this and helped craft the scenario it was for a house to save her rep.  She got her in rehab so she didn't have to go to the reunion where ALL this would be brought up and it gave her time to work out the lawsuit.  B is extra salty because she knows the true story and Lu is not appreciative for the major save.  Could all be fiction or could make sense.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, film noire said:

I've got some financial questions for these Tins-shaming bitches:

Bethenny Fucking Frankel Uber Feminist: when you said this to ABC news re: your finances at age 38: "She couldn't afford to pay her rent. Gifts from boyfriends helped her get by, she said. "I dated guys that were rich and they helped me with my rent." 

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/bethenny-frankel-america-fat/story?id=12460595)

...Exactly which wave of female empowerment inspired your financial choice? Simone de Beauvoir? Shirley  Chisolm? First or fourth wave?  Suffragette? WannaBlowJobette?  Which was it, O, Deb of Dating Dollars? And what constituted a  "gift"?  Manolos you could return for cash? Or outright cash left on the night table? 

How fucking dare you question any woman's financial choices, you woman-shaming hypocritical bitch. 

Dorinda Fucking Medley Money Clip Clip Clip: Your boyfriend fuckbuddy is a man you clearly despise,  but still, you climb on top of his Little John and ride him, year after year, just to avoid being alone (and to get your clothes - stained with drunk-pee and spilled cocktails  - cleaned for free). On what planet do you think you have the moral cred to question Tinsley's financial choices, you moronic rage-fueled santimonious virago?  (Or, as you'd say in Dorindish: dry cwean clothes rage virrrgo who's a virgo tinkle tinkle jus peed).

Sonja Fucking Morgan, American Royalty:  Well met, Lady Morgan: You are, of course,  to the manor born ( and by "manor" I mean hitting every dick in town until you found one rich enough, old enough and dumb enough to put a cock ring on it. Save your bullshit tsk tsk M'lady routine for people who don't know your actual personal crest is a Cascade-clean dildo.)

Luann De Lesseps, Six Million Dollar Loan Woman:  The Countess of Cabaret just drifted into her happy place (I wish I had a man to pay my bills would I fuck Scott for that sure why not gotta get his phone number from Tins  The redness in Dorinda's  eyes reminds me of a delicate fruity rose in a Go Cup and me running naked through the forest humming The Wiliam Tell Overture oh god thank god in thirty days I can drink again...)

Ramona Fucking Singer Queen of Millenium Kadooz:  WTF? Crazy Eyes actually earned her living every step of the goddamn way since she left college - without "dating" men for rent money, marrying stinking rich grandpas, or playing happy couple with a man she publicly humiliates and mocks - which means fucking toxic RAMONA SINGER is the closest thing this show has to a financial femini$t - which in turn means we are two seconds from the nuclear feminist clock hitting midnight and taking us to defcon XX and into a perpetual nuclear winter where we all dress like Wilma Flinstone and birth the cartoon children Offred.

Tinsley Mortimer of Tara Tonight, she went for Dorinda like a finishing school honey badger in a cotillion gown - I do declare, Miz Tinsley is finally a New Yawk housewife, bringing a bit of steel magnolia with her particular brand of shade!

I feel like I know why Andy Cohen was conceived: So he could be born, grow up, watch Martha's one-off season of a competitive "business" reality show where he sees "Bethenny Bakes," found a "reality" franchise based on the narratives of day-drinking and apology lunches, and (IMO) chart new territory in narcissistic disorders...and yada yada exploit a constellation of events - the breakdown of social mores, the invention of the internet, the end of cat-fight-driven series like Dynasty - all of this happened, and will happen again, so that we will find The One. THE Post. I believe that this is THE Post. I KNOW this is The Post that will save us.

Image description: Still of the Oracle in The Matrix. "Being the one is just like being in love. No one can tell you you're in love. You just know it."

6367384d321e8ec87c35ade3343ae6bb.jpg

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

I don't know why Bethenny found that so funny. I'm still grieving my dog, and it's been a few months. He was a beauty, with a big personality. I really felt for Tinsley.

Btw, I've seen fireman rescue cats from trees! 

I think what she was trying to not laugh at was Dorinda's commentary and questions.  I am someone who gets the nervous giggles and can start laughing when I really don't want to and it is really hard to stop.  That was my impression but who knows.

I have seen them give oxygen to one who was rescued from an apartment fire.  The man who lived there died and his cat almost did.  Lost an ear and lots of fur.  He wasn't breathing when rescued so a fireman spent a ton of time reviving him before being sent to the vet hospital.  My neighbor ended up adopting him.  It was so sweet watching this big man working endlessly on this little furball.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Bethenny's performance at this reunion is simply gross.  Andy chastises Ramona for the disgusting comment she made about Dennis.  Then Beth makes the reaction all about her.  A normal person would have responded, "I felt for his family when I heard her comment.  They have been through so much..."  Instead, it's all about how Beth didn't get the attention she thought she deserved from Ramona.

I gotta say, I kinda loved Ramona's response to Dorinda trying to guilt her about this in the restaurant scene:

D- She's going through a horrible time.

R- Oh, c'mon. She's up in Boston with another guy right now, how hard can it be?

Bethenny shared next to nothing about her relationship with Dennis, and what she did share is vague and contradictory; We were broken up, we were engaged, I could never be with him, He was my person, I was alone on Mother's Day,...So how the heck were any of them supposed to know how to respond to his death?

I know Ramona is one of The Worst when it comes to tact, but she right, nothing she does is good enough for Bethenny. If she says something, she's wrong or cruel, if she holds back she's a cold bitch. Either way, she gets the verbal waterboarding torture.

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
15 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I think the difference is Luanne doesn’t think she has a drinking problem therefore is tempted easier. She is only waiting till she’s off probation she’s gonna drink again 

100%. I really don't believe that Lu believes she is an alcoholic either. I don't believe Lu is an alcoholic. I believe that she said that so she could get off on her charges and it backfired on her.  

I'll see myself out....lol

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Honestly, she should host the reunions, she is good to keep things moving and likes to dive deep in to subjects.

If that ever happens, I will just be grateful for an extra 3 free hours in my life. She would not be able to keep her mouth shut long enough for anyone to finish a sentence. Because it can't be said enough - Beth, shut the fuck up.

Boy, Andy was nailing Ramona to the wall, as she deserved. But as awful as she behaves, this show would be a complete snore without her. She is just such a weirdo and I can only be disgusted with her for short periods of time. Not sure what that says about me.....

Dorinda is a miserable angry cow who needs to keep her mouth closed as well.

My opinion on the  debate as to whether Lu is an alcoholic or not - only she can make that declaration. She may certainly have a dual diagnosis and be one along with having some kind of mental illness. She has a family history and if she doesn't have a problem, it should not be that hard for her to abstain around social drinking - especially when she's on on probation.  I can definitely sympathize with her discomfort being around the women when they are drunk - it is not amusing being the sober one in situations where others are behaving like loud-mouthed fools. 

Poor Tinsley - hopefully she will get a break next week when they pile on Barb.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

I just love how simple, short and sweet your sentiment is.

Once you're denied something it's that much harder to accept not doing it. Losing options and choices in life really do a number on you and I shit you not also affects your levels of self control. 

We all know this but seem to lose sight of it because it's usually not such a detail that's in the forefront of our minds. 

But if you are denied something you don't need you don't care.  Tell me I cannot drink for 10 years and it would be ok.  Whatevs.  Tell me I cannot have a donut and I would be tempted to cut a bitch.  HA!

• LOL 11
  • Love 9

I don't see alcoholism in Luann but just above the law ism.  The mimosas was more of  thumb up at the law requiring periodic breathalyzers and thought she could beat the system.  The fight with cops again above the law and how dare they arrest her!  Alcoholism is a deep dark scary place with much more dark behavior being exhibited in the person and mood swings that occur all day every day.  Luann just shows the customary it's all about me attitude.  Unfortunately I've had a front row seat seeing Alcoholism at its finest with dear old Dad and my 3 brothers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

But if you are denied something you don't need you don't care.  Tell me I cannot drink for 10 years and it would be ok.  Whatevs.  Tell me I cannot have a donut and I would be tempted to cut a bitch.  HA!

Right but if you knew the consequences for eating a donut could land you in jail where you would be denied more than donuts you probably would reconsider.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Right but if you knew the consequences for eating a donut could land you in jail where you would be denied more than donuts you probably would reconsider.

Totally!  I would be grumpy about it but yes indeed I would NOT do it.

• Love 14
(edited)
17 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Dorinda sounds like she's drunk...or stoned...or both.

Dorinda seemed manic to me...her over the top imitation of Luann was dripping in sarcasm, hate and nastiness. Luann needs to quit the show and concentrate on her sobriety and family. Dorinda should watch herself...she's a drunk too.

Edited by kicksave
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
12 minutes ago, mytmo said:

I don't see alcoholism in Luann but just above the law ism.  The mimosas was more of  thumb up at the law requiring periodic breathalyzers and thought she could beat the system.  The fight with cops again above the law and how dare they arrest her!  Alcoholism is a deep dark scary place with much more dark behavior being exhibited in the person and mood swings that occur all day every day.  Luann just shows the customary it's all about me attitude.  Unfortunately I've had a front row seat seeing Alcoholism at its finest with dear old Dad and my 3 brothers.

Luann is taking Antabuse...she's an alcoholic. True, she's narcissistic but clearly, her drinking takes a dark turn and is chronic. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
48 minutes ago, bencr said:

I believe Tinsley is the only cast member who was born with a silver spoon in her mouth and the animosity toward her may be because she never had to struggle. "Animosity" may be the wrong word, but I don't think she commands respect among this group.

The other women are beat up old bitches...they wouldn't like Tinsley if she was born in a shack in Eastern Kentucky. Sonja has been mean to Tinsley since Tinsley came to live with her. Ramona is just a delusional piece of crap. The way she criticized Tinsley for wearing too much make up and said it made her look older and that she, Ramona, looked younger than Tinsley, was one of the worst, shittiest, things I've ever seen Ramona say...bitch, you look like a post menopausal thirsty whore chasing and screwing anything wearing dress pants...so shut your pie hole. Dorinda saying "we don't know you...we want to know you better" was pure bullshit. Tinsley knows that if she opens up to any of these hags they will use that information against her in the next "let's gang top on Tinsley" session...or behind her back. Dorinda has become a monster...angry, mean, loudmouth. Totally unlikable. 

Speaking of thirsty whores...Sonja looked really unhinged last night...overly animated and blabbering over the other women. She's lost it. Bethenny is rude, vindictive and mean spirited. And let me just correct Miss Know it All Bethenny...I live in Virginia not far from Tinsley's home and I can verify that the Old South still has some traditions here like debutante balls and making your entrance into "society"...it would be expected of Tinsley and her sister to be a part of that, at least to honor their parent's wishes. It's just the way it is down here in that social circle. Bethenny saying she lived in Atlanta is not a true comparison...and she knows it. She just wanted to stick it to Tinsley...that 's what Bethenny does.

Frankly, I think this franchise needs a total overhaul. Are any of them really housewives anymore? None of them are even married! Come on Andy...get a younger group who are actually married. Put these old farts out to pasture and move on.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, film noire said:

Bethenny Fucking Frankel Uber Feminist: when you said this to ABC news re: your finances at age 38: "She couldn't afford to pay her rent. Gifts from boyfriends helped her get by, she said. "I dated guys that were rich and they helped me with my rent." 

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/bethenny-frankel-america-fat/story?id=12460595)

...Exactly which wave of female empowerment inspired your financial choice? Simone de Beauvoir? Shirley  Chisolm? First or fourth wave?  Suffragette? WannaBlowJobette?  Which was it, O, Deb of Dating Dollars? And what constituted a  "gift"?  Manolos you could return for cash? Or outright cash left on the night table? 

How fucking dare you question any woman's financial choices, you woman-shaming hypocritical bitch. 

Dorinda Fucking Medley Money Clip Clip Clip: Your boyfriend fuckbuddy is a man you clearly despise,  but still, you climb on top of his Little John and ride him, year after year, just to avoid being alone (and to get your clothes - stained with drunk-pee and spilled cocktails  - cleaned for free). On what planet do you think you have the moral cred to question Tinsley's financial choices, you moronic rage-fueled santimonious virago?  (Or, as you'd say in Dorindish: dry cwean clothes rage virrrgo who's a virgo tinkle tinkle jus peed).

Sonja Fucking Morgan, American Royalty:  Well met, Lady Morgan: You are, of course,  to the manor born ( and by "manor" I mean hitting every dick in town until you found one rich enough, old enough and dumb enough to put a cock ring on it. Save your bullshit tsk tsk M'lady routine for people who don't know your actual personal crest is a Cascade-clean dildo.)

Luann De Lesseps, Six Million Dollar Loan Woman:  The Countess of Cabaret just drifted into her happy place (I wish I had a man to pay my bills would I fuck Scott for that sure why not gotta get his phone number from Tins  The redness in Dorinda's  eyes reminds me of a delicate fruity rose in a Go Cup and me running naked through the forest humming The Wiliam Tell Overture oh god thank god in thirty days I can drink again...)

Ramona Fucking Singer Queen of Millenium Kadooz:  WTF? Crazy Eyes actually earned her living every step of the goddamn way since she left college - without "dating" men for rent money, marrying stinking rich grandpas, or playing happy couple with a man she publicly humiliates and mocks - which means fucking toxic RAMONA SINGER is the closest thing this show has to a financial femini$t - which in turn means we are two seconds from the nuclear feminist clock hitting midnight and taking us to defcon XX and into a perpetual nuclear winter where we all dress like Wilma Flinstone and birth the cartoon children Offred.

Tinsley Mortimer of Tara Tonight, she went for Dorinda like a finishing school honey badger in a cotillion gown - I do declare, Miz Tinsley is finally a New Yawk housewife, bringing a bit of steel magnolia with her particular brand of shade!

Beautiful - I need a cigarette after this.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I think what she was trying to not laugh at was Dorinda's commentary and questions.  I am someone who gets the nervous giggles and can start laughing when I really don't want to and it is really hard to stop.  That was my impression but who knows.

I have seen them give oxygen to one who was rescued from an apartment fire.  The man who lived there died and his cat almost did.  Lost an ear and lots of fur.  He wasn't breathing when rescued so a fireman spent a ton of time reviving him before being sent to the vet hospital.  My neighbor ended up adopting him.  It was so sweet watching this big man working endlessly on this little furball.

More and more Fire Depts are getting pet-sized oxygen masks.  Because why should the pets suffer in a fire, if they can be helped?

I find Tinsley calling 911 over her dog over the top, but more useful than Bethenny ugly-crying for however long about her dog having seizures, while NOT stopping her daughter from watching or taking the dog to the vet.  OK, the vet was 45 minutes way, but that travel time didn't get shorter in the however many minutes she was videotaping herself debating about how far the vet was from her home.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

The courts, her probation officer, and a shit ton of other people do... am i saying shes a horrible alcoholic no but she does have a problem and was skirting around the issue last night trying to justify her behavior and blaming it on everyone else and not herself no one makes her drink she controls that

AGREE!!!!!!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Well circumstances do factor into why a person would want to self medicate. This notion that she can't express how she feels without first making sure that everything that she says doesn't "come across" as excuses is way too complicated of a formula that should be required of someone struggling with vices.

If she's honestly explaining that certain things challenge her ability to stay sober than others then that's her right to share. Especially if people are asking her direct questions about it. I don't understand why she's not allowed to explain how certain episodes contributed to her wanting to drink. We act like that isn't common knowledge. One of the main ideas of having a drink is to relax and mellow out, whether it be to unwind after a stressful day or to mellow out and enjoy friends over dinner, etc. etc. It one of the main ideas surrounding drinking. Why else do people drink? It affects one's mood so Lu explaining that some stressful situations caused her desire to drink to spike doesn't sound to me like she's blaming anyone. She's just announcing that there were some very pivotal moments that heightened her already existing taste for alcohol. 

I don't get why it's such a negative that Lu decides to be in a night club environment cause "being around it isn't a good idea" but if she mentions that the others dangling drinks under her nose all the time is a bit of a challenge then all of a sudden it's all "Lu has to learn how to be around it cause it's no one's responsibility to abstain when they're around her".

So basically that says Lu should remove herself from situations where there's alcohol (cabaret) unless of course she's around other people who aren't required to curb their alcohol intake for Lu's sake and therefore puts her around alcohol.  

As for Lu "controlling her drinking" well isn't that the whole point? That she struggles with it? 

• Love 6
(edited)
11 hours ago, film noire said:

OMG!  You are so talented with your writing and imagination skills it's making me green with envy!  I've admired your posts since I first came to these boards. 

Please promise if you ever write a book, that you'll let us all know.  I'd buy your musings on these NYHW in a New York Minute.  Or anything else you choose to pontificate on for that matter. 

Hell, I don't even have to agree with you to sincerely enjoy your postings.  ❤️  You have a gift, fer sher. 

Edited by Claire Voyant
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Why?  Is there a match in the work between the 2 Mothers?

No - just a possibility mentioned an episode or two ago, given Tinsley’s background in Virginia - both have a Southern thing happening, along with a love of big cities.

(edited)
13 hours ago, Chalby said:

What on earth makes you think Mercer is the only family trust source? I thought her mother came from wealth as well.

Let’s not forget, she divorced a very rich man.  I would think she received a settlement.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 4
53 minutes ago, kicksave said:

Luann is taking Antabuse...she's an alcoholic. True, she's narcissistic but clearly, her drinking takes a dark turn and is chronic. 

It was part of a plea deal to avoid a second jail visit.  She abuses alcohol no doubt but agree to disagree on the alcoholic part.

• Love 5

Even though Lu has avoided using the phrase “ I’m an alcoholic “, she pretty much summed it up in an interview-

"It's good because I can't drink, and really at this point I feel like I'm almost allergic to alcohol because I can't be like most normal people and have a glass or two of wine. I'll drink the whole bottle and then I'm looking where can I get another bottle? It just doesn't work for me. I'm just not wired that way," she explained. 

Chances are, we, the viewers have only been privy to the tip of the iceberg of Lu’s drunk escapades. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, Juliegirlj said:

Even though Lu has avoided using the phrase “ I’m an alcoholic “, she pretty much summed it up in an interview-

"It's good because I can't drink, and really at this point I feel like I'm almost allergic to alcohol because I can't be like most normal people and have a glass or two of wine. I'll drink the whole bottle and then I'm looking where can I get another bottle? It just doesn't work for me. I'm just not wired that way," she explained. 

Chances are, we, the viewers have only been privy to the tip of the iceberg of Lu’s drunk escapades. 

In light of that interview she fits the alcoholic bill. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, mytmo said:

It was part of a plea deal to avoid a second jail visit.  She abuses alcohol no doubt but agree to disagree on the alcoholic part.

It has been my experience, dealing with alcoholic friends and relatives, that if you are prescribed Antabuse, YOU'RE AN ALCOHOLIC!

Her "social drinking" is excessive and problematic. What does it take for someone to be diagnosed as alcoholic? A drunk driving accident where other, innocent people are killed or injured? Own it and do the work.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Jextella said:

I agree with everything here.

And might I add that Bethenny has dined out on a plethora of things more repulsive than Luanne's drinking is during a difficult time.

And for that matter, that is all I think it is for Luanne.  Alcohol seems to be her coping mechanism.  Not a good one, but that is how I see it.  If she were rich and happily married, I don't think alcohol would be the issue it has been for her.

In other words, I feel it is temporary to a degree - assuming she finds better ways to deal with her position in life now-a-days.  

EXACTLY!!!

To the bolded. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, mytmo said:

As much as I like Lu I totally agree with this. She can be bratty. It seems more like defiance than anything else.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, kicksave said:

Isn't the Antabuse court ordered cause she fucked up with the mimosas?

I really don't know what Antabuse is all about so honest inquiry.

3 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Yes it’s court ordered and it makes you violently ill if you drink when your on it.

• Love 5
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

You become violently ill if you drink any alcohol while taking it (and for about 72hrs afterward)

It's a negative reinforcement thing.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, ChitChat said:

She wants to make sure that we all know exactly what she sacrificed in order to help LuAnn.  I guess LuAnn hasn't thanked her enough.  Sheesh. 

Yes, I truly believe she's happy about Lu's ungratefulness and relapse so she could then tell the world how much she did for her.   

• Love 7
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

Yes it’s court ordered and it makes you violently ill if you drink when your on it.

Okay so it sounds like just another time that Lu shot herself in the foot and the court upped the ante. Not some confirmation that Lu MUST be an alcoholic. Her newest fuck up came with more stupid prizes is all. LOL. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, kicksave said:

It has been my experience, dealing with alcoholic friends and relatives, that if you are prescribed Antabuse, YOU'RE AN ALCOHOLIC!

Her "social drinking" is excessive and problematic. What does it take for someone to be diagnosed as alcoholic? A drunk driving accident where other, innocent people are killed or injured? Own it and do the work.

This!  I couldn't agree more. 

If Lulu doesn't have a "problem" then why would she put her beloved Cabaret on the line by drinking alcohol?  Who does that and why?  Being an entitled skank doesn't explain that particular kind of gambling-on-your-life behavior, unless she's hooked on that shit.  Ain't no mimosa worth losing a new career and going to jail for, I don't care what anyone says.   

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

It's a very serious medication given to people who have alcoholism and have no control over their drinking. When they take it, if they have one drink, they will be sick and vomit. I have a friend from college that was put on it after a stint in a private mental hospital. He was diagnosed as an alcoholic and put on Antabuse. He laughed it off when he got out and tried to drink but became violently ill...I won't forget it...ever. He ended up back at the hospital and took his sobriety seriously after that. He's been sober for 40 years now...doesn't need Antabuse anymore and has married, had children and even went on to get a graduate degree and a career. He has been a sober coach for others and still goes to AA meetings. Antabuse is effective...if someone is serious about their recovery.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9

It should also be noted that this two mimosas thing is what Lu is saying the test isn’t going to say what the alcohol she was consuming or even when she consumed it so it could have been more and done more regularly and she just got lucky to be caught once.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

No, not magical just not rigid.

Practical and realistic also comes to mind.

Life experience has also come into play regarding observing the drinking culture all these years.

I don't have to drink every day and I don't get the shakes when I don't drink but if there's a day where I really WANT a drink, whether it be to take my mind off of my day or sit and shoot the shit with my friends at my local bar to unwind then I'd really be hard pressed to deny myself that option. It's about being able to make that decision for myself. 

Impulse control also comes to mind.

Well I wish someone had some magical thinking, realistic thoughts and impulse control when they decided to drive and sent me thru a windshield as a young child. I would of avoided over a hundred stitches in my face.    Bethenny sat in selfish and doesn't give a damn about anyone but herself Luann's driveway to prevent her from driving. For that and many other reasons she should be very grateful and realize how MUCH trouble everyone involved saved her from.

Luann as far as I am concerned has shown she has lost the right to make these decisions for herself. She has made it crystal clear she wants what she wants and she will do whatever she wants. She has said that many times.    She has no regard for her own children, so she can't go any lower.

She claims she takes her sobriety seriously, again her words, but lies, deflects and does exactly the opposite of AA teaches.  It is NOT anyone else's problem if its tough to be around people who drink. Its HER responsibility and AA/rehab 101  that you remove yourself from drinking, friends who you drank with and places that are not healthy to stay sober. Instead she leaves rehab early to do her show and has been caught drinking. Its again obvious Luann is going to do whatever she wants. She has by her own words and actions shown she has zero insight.   I also believe she is missing that part of her brain that will prevent her from gaining anything from therapy.   She has clung onto with dear life to a bunch of phony persona's and will continue to do so until the day she dies.  

• Love 19
16 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Ramona's face to me looks INCREDIBLY different.  A lot of work done, sorry not sorry.  And I kind of like Ramona.

I agree--she looks incredibly different in those old clips.  I think part of it may be that her face still had some of the fullness that younger faces often do.  She actually looked young then, instead of now, when I think she just looks younger than what one might expect of someone her age.

16 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I thought, when someone got up to speak, the introduction always started with "Hi, my name is Luann, and I'm an alcoholic". 

She might not be getting up and speaking.

6 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Aren't people put "on ice" in the morgue until they're embalmed? 

Embalming and refrigeration are alternative ways of preserving a body.  After a certain period, remains that haven't been buried or cremated must be either embalmed or refrigerated.  One embalmed, a body doesn't have to be refrigerated.

• Useful 1

It kind of got lost in the talking over each other and yelling, but you could hear Tinsley clarifying that when she called 911, it was in Palm Beach and that it was the Palm Beach fire department who responded. Yes, maybe it was extreme to call 911, but it's probably not the same as NYFD showing up for a pet issue. I can only imagine some of the cray cray calls Palm Beach 911 gets from some of the wealthy, retired little old ladies. I live in a small little island town now and while I know that 911 isn't the right emergency number to dial, I guarantee they get some crazy neighborhood calls.

I used to enjoy Bethenny's wit and humor, but I find her terrible and just mean lately. I think she's the worst one because she is so deliberate and self-aware and calculated in her behavior and remarks. Ramona is mean but just looney toons in general. Dorinda is mean but usually in an inebriated state. Luann is self-absorbed and so self-centered that she comes off as mind-boggling callous and oblivious to anyone else's problems and feelings and pain- but she never really goes after anyone.

The nasty look on Bethenny's face that Tinsley dared go on a trip with Scott after they had broken up was insane. The same Bethenny who would spend holidays with her ex-boyfriend or ex-fiance or whatever Dennis was to her? Who would wear that ginormous engagement ring and flash it around town after he died? Tinsely was so kind and gracious at the clam bake when Bethenny not-so-subtly had said it was from Dennis. She was like, "oh it's so beautiful. Of course he would want you to wear it. Of course." She was naturally kind and compassionate. 

I just don't see the horror and shock of a 43 year old single woman (with no job or anything else to do) going on a trip with her on and off again single ex-boyfriend, probably hoping it could still work out with Scott. Maybe it's not great for her emotions or head, but she liked the guy, trusted the guy, probably was getting depressed hanging out alone in a hotel room - so she went away with him. I fail to see the scandalous "gotcha" "arrangement" they are all badgering her about. So she doesn't want to be alone. Um.... like the rest of them aren't acting like fools falling over all kinds of low brow men for the same reasons. The other women do seem to have some issue with her. Even Carole's recent remarks about how no one really wanted to film with Tinsley. They don't like her and it shows. They don't want to know her better. They want intel and ammo to use to hurt and gossip.

I also don't blame Ramona for being scared to say too much to Bethenny about Dennis. Bethenny was beyond guarded and secretive about whatever her Dennis status was. She was short and abrupt with anyone who did offer condolences about Dennis. She seemed to be relishing in the status a bit, and flashing around that ring, but was not very receptive to receiving condolences or talking about it. The whole thing was awkward and weird. Also what was Bethenny's backtracking to then say, "you were talking about me behind my back" to Ramona? Since when does Ramona talk behind people's backs? She's blatant rude and unfiltered right to your face.

• Love 18
8 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Did anyone else hear Bethenny say (when they were taking a filming break) Ramona was wearing a diaper?  As Ramona got up to go to the bathroom, Andy asked her where she was going, her answer was she was going to the bathroom, I swear I heard Bethenny say Ramona could just go here, she was wearing a diaper.

I love the montage of Ramona's reunion proclamations of how she admits that she was awful and was working on herself, year after year after year...

Lu tried to make the conversation about her a few times but B was not having it, talking over her or ignoring her, B kept the convo focused on the person speaking. 

Honestly, she should host the reunions, she is good to keep things moving and likes to dive deep in to subjects.

Yes...I heard Bethenny’s snarky remark...along with all the other snarky remarks that the bitter bitch made.

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
30 minutes ago, divsc said:

I used to enjoy Bethenny's wit and humor, but I find her terrible and just mean lately. I think she's the worst one because she is so deliberate and self-aware and calculated in her behavior and remarks. Ramona is mean but just looney toons in general. Dorinda is mean but usually in an inebriated state. Luann is self-absorbed and so self-centered that she comes off as mind-boggling callous and oblivious to anyone else's problems and feelings and pain- but she never really goes after anyone.

The nasty look on Bethenny's face that Tinsley dared go on a trip with Scott after they had broken up was insane. The same Bethenny who would spend holidays with her ex-boyfriend or ex-fiance or whatever Dennis was to her? Who would wear that ginormous engagement ring and flash it around town after he died? Tinsely was so kind and gracious at the clam bake when Bethenny not-so-subtly had said it was from Dennis. She was like, "oh it's so beautiful. Of course he would want you to wear it. Of course." She was naturally kind and compassionate. 

Exactly.  I used to love her.  She has zero self-awareness.  And now she's a mean person.  I'm confident that her relationship with Paul will crash and burn as I'm starting to think she's more manic than she accuses Lu of being.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 19

I couldn’t stop staring at Sonya’s dress and the pulls and fuzziness all over the cheap satin polyester.  And then they would cut to Bethany and her stunning dress. 

• Love 7