Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E19: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

Three quick thoughts on the reunion (because I just can't get too invested with the endless wrangling):

I thought Beth was making fun of Tinsley because she called 911 for a dog with terminal cancer and not because she lost a beloved pet. 

The pile on on Tinsley's money just seems ought of left field.  It leads me to believe that the women know something but can't break the 4th wall to reveal it so they are dancing all around something.  It reminds me of the early years of Beverly Hills when everyone thought that Kim was drinking but no one wanted to come out and say it.  What we saw just makes no sense.

I think the ladies give Lu such a hard time about her sobriety because Lu places working on Cabaret over getting well.  She left her second rehab early for a cabaret show.  She appears on RH around women who drink all the time and then complains that "it's hard".  Lu is making things hard on herself.  There is no reason that she couldn't have taken more time off to work on her sobriety before coming back.  She didn't need to buy a second million dollar home.  When you make things hard on yourself and then complain about it, it is very trying to those who have to listen to it.

• Love 20

Did anyone else hear Bethenny say (when they were taking a filming break) Ramona was wearing a diaper?  As Ramona got up to go to the bathroom, Andy asked her where she was going, her answer was she was going to the bathroom, I swear I heard Bethenny say Ramona could just go here, she was wearing a diaper.

I love the montage of Ramona's reunion proclamations of how she admits that she was awful and was working on herself, year after year after year...

Lu tried to make the conversation about her a few times but B was not having it, talking over her or ignoring her, B kept the convo focused on the person speaking. 

Honestly, she should host the reunions, she is good to keep things moving and likes to dive deep in to subjects.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Chalby said:

True, and I am so sick of all these celebrities posting about 'being authentic and true to themselves' after having every procedure done that's possible. Kim K is the same - nothing about her is 'real' yet she's preaching authenticity to young women everywhere. They all need to shut up. I feel so bad for our youth today - the internet has only served to make them feel even worse about themselves.

And aren't products named "Skinny girl" part of this philosophy that a certain body type, look, is preferable to others? So obvious to me that it makes Beth and her staff seem oblivious.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
(edited)

I'm loving this reunion so much that I went to bed 45 minutes in.  You all have summed it up nicely; Bethenny is a monumental hypocrite (and whoever styled her hair should have been fired), Ramona is a monumental narcissist, Dorinda has been wearing a mask (and if I hear the phrase "make it nice" spew out of her mouth again, I'm goin' rogue), Sonja is jealous of the lot of 'em.  Luann is an angry, arrogant, drunk, and Tinsley deserves better than Andy, Scott, and the entire cast.

I'll read about part three here, as Bravo doesn't deserve my Neilsen contribution.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 19

I think B’s smirk was about the 911 call and the freezing and defrosting if the dog so Tinskey’s sister could hold the dog. 

I also think that everyone’s issue with Tins is that she isn’t sharing her story about her life. There’s a story there that they believe she isn’t sharing. They’re all spoiling their guts and Tins has nothing. If this isn’t something a southern debutant does, then she should leave the show. That isn’t how it works...

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Chalby said:

Again, I don't see why she received this punishment. I see public drunkenness every weekend in the city centre - anyone picked up spends a night in the drunk tank (which often sobers them up). Can you imagine if everyone received Luanne's sentence? Lawyers would have a heyday with appeals. I just don't think forced sobriety is the answer. Forced therapy, maybe. Stay sober for a month so they can recognize, 'hey this is hard for me'. I would be counting down too if it was 2 years. Dorinda is such an angry drunk, I'd love to see how she'd handle this.

Yep, if Sonja, Ramona, Tinsley or Dorinda were told they could never drink again and were being watched around the clock   I would go buy Pinot stock stat. Luann indeed got off relatively  easy being a wealthy white women but that doesn’t change the fact that the American justice system and the way they treat addicts and alcoholics is warped.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, BluBrd47 said:

Yep, if Sonja, Ramona, Tinsley or Dorinda were told they could never drink again and were being watched around the clock   I would go buy Pinot stock stat. Luann indeed got off relatively  easy being a wealthy white women but that doesn’t change the fact that the American justice system and the way they treat addicts and alcoholics is warped.

Interesting in that my group of friends didn't drink for all of January.  One couple dared each other, a couple did a food cleanse thing, and a couple did it just because they were trying to start the year off better than they ended it.  I think I did it cuz FOMO.

All of us were sailing through it when all of a sudden we realized that one person was having a very difficult time.

So quit drinking for 30 days.  Then ask yourself, do I have a problem.

But I do think Luann left rehab earlier than she says.  I do think she's struggling.  I mean she had alcohol when she KNEW she had to do a breath test.  That's what the court understands.  This wasn't a slip.  This was Luann drinking.  If she really did have two mimosas it was because she was still drunk from the night before and thought what the heck.

But she has a lot more to lose than just the legal stuff.  I suspect her children gave her an ultimatum.  

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, rehoboth said:

I thought Beth was making fun of Tinsley because she called 911 for a dog with terminal cancer and not because she lost a beloved pet. 

Yeah but why do it?  Bethenny berated Ramona for saying anything negative towards her for this (what -- entire YEAR?) because she lost Dennis?  So why mock Tinsley now around the circumstances of losing her dog?  Isn't the timing just as bad?  Why be a bitch to Tinsley to her face about this whatsoever?  Is it really the place and time?  

I think they're mad that Tinsley's not in New York enough to qualify as being a Real Housewife of New York, to be on the show.  P.S. absolutely none of them are a housewife.  Not 1.  So the title is not of course meant to be taken literally.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 14
(edited)
40 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yeah but why do it?  Bethenny berated Ramona for saying anything negative towards her for this (what -- entire YEAR?) because she lost Dennis?  So why mock Tinsley now around the circumstances of losing her dog?  Isn't the timing just as bad?  Why be a bitch to Tinsley to her face about this whatsoever?  Is it really the place and time?  

I think they're mad that Tinsley's not in New York enough to qualify as being a Real Housewife of New York, to be on the show.  P.S. absolutely none of them are a housewife.  Not 1.  So the title is not of course meant to be taken literally.  

And the fact that other housewives don't live full time in the city totally just slips their mind when bitching about Tinsley only being in New York while filming THEY DO THE SAME THING hell even Luanne rents for the time they are filming herself whats the difference between renting an apt for the time and renting a hotel?  ..... They all tried to attack Tinsely this year for whatever reason and it has backfired in their faces spectacularly... the hypocrisy of what they are bitching about to her is beyond funny cause they all do the same thing but for some reason when she does it its BAD... I really hope someone tweeted at Bethany the link to her video of her crying while live streaming her dog dying and asked why was that ok but not Tinsley having the same kind of reaction? I wanna hear her try to justify her making those shit remarks towards Tinsley when she was discussing it ( This is ridiculous i cant keep a straight face while trying to keep from smirking to much she really should have been slapped )  

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 21
48 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Aren't people put "on ice" in the morgue until they're embalmed?  I don't think what she did warranted them criticizing and mocking her.  Granted, I wouldn't have called 911, but I wouldn't have made fun of Tinsley to her face for doing 

Yes.  My brother-in-law was put on ice for one whole week so relatives could come from out of town.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
10 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Oh, and I also agree with Ramona about Luann about Luann still drinking on the sly.

I think so too. I thought it was interesting (telling?) when she told the story of how she got caught "slipping" with the 2 mimosas at Easter. She seemed to have a time line: If I have to use the breathalyzer at 12pm, I can have 2 drinks until whatever predetermined time, and should blow clear at 3pm. I think she's done this many times and either had 1 too many mimosas too soon, or miscalculated the timing that day, or was stupid (arrogant?) enough to thing they wouldn't bust her for having a drink on Easter.

ETA: @Keywestclubkid beat me to it. 

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
30 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I don't agree with this at all.  They all hide huge parts of their life.  Bethenny hides every single man she's dating.  Ramona too.  

Who tells their friends all about their financials, love lives, sicknesses, etc.?  Nobody I know.  Especially this bunch, as they throw it in your face eventually, especially Dorinda.

• Love 7

Question I wonder how they can tell if its you that does the blowing on the test? she had it in her purse and it doesn't seem to have anyone around from probation watching her when she blows so couldn't she get someone else to blow for her? Has she? Inquiring minds want to know ... lol just the way she spoke about knowing how to get around the times and still be able to drink made me think  hmmmm has she been sneaky in other ways?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Question I wonder how they can tell if its you that does the blowing on the test? she had it in her purse and it doesn't seem to have anyone around from probation watching her when she blows so couldn't she get someone else to blow for her? Has she? Inquiring minds want to know ... lol just the way she spoke about knowing how to get around the times and still be able to drink made me think  hmmmm has she been sneaky in other ways?

Mine had a camera that took a picture each time you had to blow and transmitted it to the administrator.  A monthly report including the photos was sent to my PO.

• Useful 19
  • Love 4

Wow!  Dorinda is a master at deflection.  What Sonja and her did at the benefit was disgusting and embarrassing.  But instead of addressing the altercation she somehow does a Jedi mind trick into bringing LouAnne into the conversation and bloop!  The conversation turns to something else and Dorindas atrocious behavior of interrupting a speech and embarrassing the guest of honor goes into the ether.  

Well played Dorinda.  Well played.  She took no responsibility at all for acting like an ass.

• Love 23
1 minute ago, geauxaway said:

Mine had a camera that took a picture each time you had to blow and transmitted it to the administrator.  A monthly report including the photos was sent to my PO.

Technology, ain't it grand.  But seriously prior to this type of monitoring people ended up back in jail.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Thanks for the answer 🙂........LOL i literally just texted one of my really good friends that had to have one installed on his car to start it how it worked lol he said what you did that it had a camera and he had to look straight ahead when he blew for it to take his picture ..... r 🙂

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, rehoboth said:

I think the ladies give Lu such a hard time about her sobriety because Lu places working on Cabaret over getting well.  She left her second rehab early for a cabaret show.  She appears on RH around women who drink all the time and then complains that "it's hard".  Lu is making things hard on herself.  There is no reason that she couldn't have taken more time off to work on her sobriety before coming back.  She didn't need to buy a second million dollar home.  When you make things hard on yourself and then complain about it, it is very trying to those who have to listen to it.

Nah, I don't think so. They don't care about Lu's sobriety or that the cabaret act is supposedly "making it so hard on her." In fact, I'd venture to guess that the cabaret act ISN'T that hard on Lu when it comes to drinking. Because she's up there on stage, so even if the venue is one that serves alcohol, it's not like she's directly surrounded by it.

In my view, they are giving her a hard time about her sobriety because: 

1. They actually do want to see her fail because if she fails, then they don't have to feel so badly about their own issues with alcohol.

2. They might not actively want to see her fail but they don't want to see her succeed because her success in the cabaret act means she's doing something independent.

Personally, I suspect hanging around with them is far more trying for Lu when it comes to her sobriety than the cabaret act is.

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, Jack Terrier said:

Wow!  Dorinda is a master at deflection.  What Sonja and her did at the benefit was disgusting and embarrassing.  But instead of addressing the altercation she somehow does a Jedi mind trick into bringing LouAnne into the conversation and bloop!  The conversation turns to something else and Dorindas atrocious behavior of interrupting a speech and embarrassing the guest of honor goes into the ether.  

Well played Dorinda.  Well played.  She took no responsibility at all for acting like an ass.

I honestly could not believe this. I could not believe that Andy was blaming Ramona for the debacle that was that charity event and then that Dorinda somehow turned it onto Luanne.

Here's my thing - I don't understand how Dorinda (and quite honestly, Bethenny and Sonja) can watch themselves on television, see themselves say vicious and mean things, have complete emotional meltdowns on the show, and then say to themselves, "yup, all is well in my world." 

I mean, while Andy's berating Ramona about how she's "running her mouth," at least she acknowledges when she acts badly. She might do anything about it, but I believe her when she says that she can see herself acting badly.  Meanwhile, Dorinda has never once taken responsibility for any of the below-the-belt comments or drunken actions she has ever taken.

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
(edited)
2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Interesting in that my group of friends didn't drink for all of January.  One couple dared each other, a couple did a food cleanse thing, and a couple did it just because they were trying to start the year off better than they ended it.  I think I did it cuz FOMO.

I can see where it might be difficult for Luann at the beginning. I'm going with the assumption that she drinks daily. It may only be a few glasses (or a bottle) of wine after dinner, but I get the impression it happened every day. With that in mind, I would imagine the first week or 2 might be difficult, if for no other reason than just to break the habit, like a smoker reaching for a cigarette after a meal. It don't think it should still be so difficult for Lu to maintain her sobriety this much later, if she truly does not have a problem. I think her therapist or someone should sit her down and have a long, in depth discussion about this. 

Edited by SweetieDarling
too many words
  • Love 8
(edited)
10 hours ago, jayfay said:

They are jealous of her youth, beauty, upbringing, wealth, finding a wealthy man who was willing to bankroll her lifestyle, and her general grace and class.

Seriously. And I think that’s why the other women feel like Tinsley is “hiding” her true self from them—-let’s be honest, she’s from a completely different class than them so beyond just being younger than them, she just can’t relate to them. She knows it’s pretty tacky and low-class to discuss wealth with the other women, but she’s way too classy to even call them out on that. 

Tins was a *legit* Manhattan socialite in some pretty upper echelons back in her heyday and she’s admitted that she grew up with a very privileged lifestyle. She came from “good stock”, went to the best schools and is an educated debutante; aside from Bethenny’s dumb luck/hard work with Skinnygirl, the other women on the show simply married into their wealth and it shows. I just hate the way they piled up on her like that; it’s beyond none of their goddamned business how she lives the way she does and their excessive interest is not a good look.

Had Tinsley not had her fall from grace and been shunned from her former higher social circles I’m almost positive she wouldn’t have been on this cast, because we all know that the truly snooty socials still turn up their noses at reality television(ahem, Patricia Altchul). This was her last chance at any sort of social relevance in Manhattan and I’m glad she went for it, but the other women don’t need to call her out on it.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20
4 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

Seriously. And I honestly think that’s why the other women feel like Tinsley is “hiding” her true self from them—-let’s be honest, she’s from a completely different class than them so beyond just being younger than them, she just can’t relate to them. She knows it’s pretty tacky and low-class to discuss wealth with the other women, but she’s way too classy to even call them out on that. 

Tins was a *legit* Manhattan socialite in some pretty upper echelons back in her heyday and she’s admitted that she grew up with a very privileged lifestyle. She came from “good stock”, went to the best schools and is an educated debutante; aside from Bethenny’s dumb luck/hard work with Skinnygirl, the other women on the show simply married into their wealth and it shows. I just hate the way they piled up on her like that; it’s beyond none of their goddamned business how she lives the way she does and their excessive interest is not a good look.

Had Tinsley not had her fall from grace and been shunned from her former higher social circles I’m almost positive she wouldn’t have been on this cast, because let’s be honest, the truly snooty socials still turn up their noses at reality television(ahem, Patricia Altchul). This was her last chance at any sort of social relevance in Manhattan and I’m glad she went for it, but the other women don’t need to call her out on it.

This is so true. And how telling that Carole Radziwill still thinks she's above Tins and shades her every chance she get. And Tinsley doesn't lash back because she's too....classy. I hope she stays.  

• Love 16

Dorinda is always saying “ I’m sorry” and that means shit.  Her apologies mean nothing.  She should shut her mouth and stay out of peoples business.  She thinks she is always right and she isn’t.  She isn’t satisfied with her life and is taking her frustrations out on others.

• Love 11
27 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

And I think that’s why the other women feel like Tinsley is “hiding” her true self from them—-let’s be honest, she’s from a completely different class than them so beyond just being younger than them, she just can’t relate to them.

I think the other ladies are salivating at the chance to see her get down in the gutter with them, but Tinsley usually maintains some level of decorum that these ladies usually aren't capable of.  We've seen Tinsley drunk a couple of times, but I don't recall her ever being 'fall down in the bushes' kind of drunk.  They are hypocrites if they think she should share her entire life with them.  They all have their friendships away from this show that we never see or hear them talk about.  She's entitled to her normal life without having to tell them a damn thing.  

46 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Meanwhile, Dorinda has never once taken responsibility for any of the below-the-belt comments or drunken actions she has ever taken.

I don't know how that conversation about the charity event got turned back on Ramona.  For all of her faults, it was Sonja & Dorinda who kept interrupting her during her speech.  Dorinda sure has a way of spinning a story.  I guess it was Ramona's turn to be jumped on.  I hate how Bethenny's eyes light up every time someone else is getting raked over the coals.  I know that Ramona is no saint, but jeez, she shouldn't take the blame for something she didn't do. 

Then there was the moment where Ramona said that she called Bethenny right away after her insensitive comments about Dennis were aired.  Bethenny chimed in that she didn't want to talk about it then, but now that they're filming the reunion, she does want to talk about it.  WTF?  Ramona already called and said she was sorry.  Bethenny wanted to publicly shame her for it.  Who does that?  Ramona already took heat when the episode aired, and she called to say she was sorry.  What good does it do now to rehash it?  Bethenny wants to make sure that we all know just how hurt she was by it.  Yes, we all agreed that it was a hurtful thing to say, and if Ramona hadn't called to apologize, then yes, bring it up now, but she did, so why act all butt hurt about it again.  For a group of women who are all about apologizing and moving on, they sure do suck at the moving on part.  

• Love 22
7 hours ago, film noire said:

I've got some financial questions for these Tins-shaming bitches:

Bethenny Fucking Frankel Uber Feminist: when you said this to ABC news re: your finances at age 38: "She couldn't afford to pay her rent. Gifts from boyfriends helped her get by, she said. "I dated guys that were rich and they helped me with my rent." 

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/bethenny-frankel-america-fat/story?id=12460595)

...Exactly which wave of female empowerment inspired your financial choice? Simone de Beauvoir? Shirley  Chisolm? First or fourth wave?  Suffragette? WannaBlowJobette?  Which was it, O, Deb of Dating Dollars? And what constituted a  "gift"?  Manolos you could return for cash? Or outright cash left on the night table? 

How fucking dare you question any woman's financial choices, you woman-shaming hypocritical bitch. 

Dorinda Fucking Medley Money Clip Clip Clip: Your boyfriend fuckbuddy is a man you clearly despise,  but still, you climb on top of his Little John and ride him, year after year, just to avoid being alone (and to get your clothes - stained with drunk-pee and spilled cocktails  - cleaned for free). On what planet do you think you have the moral cred to question Tinsley's financial choices, you moronic rage-fueled santimonious virago?  (Or, as you'd say in Dorindish: dry cwean clothes rage virrrgo who's a virgo tinkle tinkle jus peed).

Sonja Fucking Morgan, American Royalty:  Well met, Lady Morgan: You are, of course,  to the manor born ( and by "manor" I mean hitting every dick in town until you found one rich enough, old enough and dumb enough to put a cock ring on it. Save your bullshit tsk tsk M'lady routine for people who don't know your actual personal crest is a Cascade-clean dildo.)

Luann De Lesseps, Six Million Dollar Loan Woman:  The Countess of Cabaret just drifted into her happy place (I wish I had a man to pay my bills would I fuck Scott for that sure why not gotta get his phone number from Tins  The redness in Dorinda's  eyes reminds me of a delicate fruity rose in a Go Cup and me running naked through the forest humming The Wiliam Tell Overture oh god thank god in thirty days I can drink again...)

Ramona Fucking Singer Queen of Millenium Kadooz:  WTF? Crazy Eyes actually earned her living every step of the goddamn way since she left college - without "dating" men for rent money, marrying stinking rich grandpas, or playing happy couple with a man she publicly humiliates and mocks - which means fucking toxic RAMONA SINGER is the closest thing this show has to a financial femini$t - which in turn means we are two seconds from the nuclear feminist clock hitting midnight and taking us to defcon XX and into a perpetual nuclear winter where we all dress like Wilma Flinstone and birth the cartoon children Offred.

Tinsley Mortimer of Tara Tonight, she went for Dorinda like a finishing school honey badger in a cotillion gown - I do declare, Miz Tinsley is finally a New Yawk housewife, bringing a bit of steel magnolia with her particular brand of shade!

Do you get paid to write?  Because if you dont, you should!

paid make it rain GIF by Anderson .Paak

2 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Sonja should've worn a cheerleader's outfit with all of the rah-rah's she was doing.  She apparently had nothing of value to add to the conversation, so she was left to sit and watch from the sidelines.

Do we have anybody here that works in the veterinary world?  Maybe they could shed some light on the 'freeze the dog' situation.  Think about it though.  If a pet dies and you want to have a service for it but are waiting for people who are out-of-town to get there, what else would you do?   Since they don't embalm pets (I guess they don't), then how else would they keep it from decomposing?   Sure, there is some morbid humor in thinking about freezing the dog, but out of respect for Tinsley, they should've kept their big mouths shut.  It may not be as weird as the ladies made it out to be.   Aren't people put "on ice" in the morgue until they're embalmed?  I don't think what she did warranted them criticizing and mocking her.  Granted, I wouldn't have called 911, but I wouldn't have made fun of Tinsley to her face for doing it.  

Bethenny's running commentary while Tinsley was talking about this was just next level rude and obnoxious.  You didn't see them giving her the side eye when she described being pulled into the other side by Dennis.  Bethenny believes that but thinks that putting a dog on ice is weird?  Okay then. 

My father did not get completely defrosted before we saw him for the last time.  He was cremated so no embalming. 

Stupendous Man was fully defrosted before cremation.

When I have my last moment with a loved one, I've decided I prefer them defrosted.

Our society knows very little about what happens to dead bodies. 

53 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Before the camera....

I was at a potluck on a beautiful, hot day.  My friend, who had a blow and go, had her dogs there and they were running free and loose. Until food was served. 

Her car was not in the shade and she had a beer and wanted a volunteer to move her vehicle. 

I don't really drink, once in a while, so really, I was the only available volunteer.

It took me over 5 attempts. First, you had to blow and hum at the same time.  Which created a weird vibration that kept making me giggle.

Second, due to the trouble I was having, a crowd grew. And that crowd had a need to get a running commentary going about my apparent lack of blowing skills, which turned my giggling into full on laughing.

Third, Stupendous Man began to defend my actual blowing skills.  Which made my laughing turn into horrified:  Stop talking!  Just stop!

I did finally get it started. 

Cameras.  Are necessary.....

• LOL 17
  • Love 6
(edited)
12 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Wasn’t she falling in bushes and stuff? You haven’t seen her messy drunk? She’s a drunk. She just doesn’t think she’s one it’s always someone else causing her to do it. She thinks she can control it and obviously can’t and has been slipping. She has a countdown in her head to 5..4..3..2...1.. drink again. She basically has to keep herself sober just for this and that’s hard for her. Why if you aren’t an alcoholic would it be hard NOT to drink? You just don’t drink it’s not a struggle 

She fell once. 

Because people like drinking and it is hard to have something you find enjoyable taken away from you. It's more about being denied the choice that I think is the bigger struggle.

I drink. I like that I can have a drink when I feel stressed or had a long day. People abuse alcohol and over indulge on occassion but that doesn't make someone an alcoholic. It's more about how one is able to maintain a level of control and how often they CAN drink responsibly that, to me, determines someone's dependence on alcohol. 

I think people can go through bouts of abusing alcohol without needing to abstain from it for the rest of their lives especially if the increased drinking is due to a variety of contributing factors.  People lose their way from time to time and as long as they are taking a step back and processing the destructive behavior and make adjustments then I don't see anything wrong with returning to a previous lifestyle once major life obstacles have been addressed and overcome.

I don't think alcohol is Lu's issue. I think she needed to get through the other turmoil that was revolving around her life, her emotional state and mental strain. Once those factors level off then I really think that Lu's drinking would go back to normal. It's the circumstances surrounding her life that was causing her to make bad decisions which included drinking too much which then branched off into more bad situations. Not some chemical dependence on alcohol.

Her "slip" involved 2 mimosa's not some drunken bender. Not saying it was the smartest thing to do but socializing is a big part of Lu's lifestyle and having a drink with brunch or grabbing a drink with friends is just one of those pleasantries a person like Lu enjoys. It's not that she can't NOT drink it's her inability to accept that it's not a luxury she's allowed anymore that I truly believe is the true issue. The fact that she isn't allowed to make that decision for herself. 

Which is why, yes, I wouldn't be surprised if she went back to drinking after her probation is over and why I wouldn't be overly concerned about it. I would just hope the healing would have begun with regards that whatever it was that had her throwing caution to the wind, Putting her back to the place where she drank responsibly.  

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 16

These women are the farthest thing from socialites that one could imagine, maybe with the exception of Tinsley. I thought it was declasse to count other people's money. Is that what happens in the social echelons in NYC, people sit around speculating about how how big someone's income is? Or how they pay their rent? Sounds like high school to me. If I was Tins, I would be mortified that my "friends" basically think I whore myself for the rent or new clothes. Gross.  

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Third, Stupendous Man began to defend my actual blowing skills.  Which made my laughing turn into horrified:  Stop talking!  Just stop!

Thanks for sharing your story on how to blow with us!  I didn't realize people had to go through all of that when doing those breathalyzer tests.   

Sorry about Stupendous Man, dosodog.  How noble of him to defend you like that!

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

She fell once. 

Because people like drinking and it is hard to have something you find enjoyable taken away from you. It's more about being denied the choice that I think is the bigger struggle.

I drink. I like that I can have a drink when I feel stressed or had a long day. People abuse alcohol and over indulge on occassion but that doesn't make someone an alcoholic. It's more about how one is able to maintain a level of control and how often they CAN drink responsibly that, to me, determines someone's dependence on alcohol. 

I think people can go through bouts of abusing alcohol without needed to abstain from it for the rest of their lives especially if the increased drinking is due to a variety of contributing factors.  People loss their way from time to time and as long as they are taking a step back and processing the destructive behavior and make adjustments then I don't see anything wrong with returning to a previous lifestyle once major life obstacles have been addressed and overcome.

I don't think alcohol is Lu's issue. I think she needed to get through the other turmoil that was revolving around her life, her emotional state and mental strain. Once those factors level off then I really think that Lu's drinking would go back to normal. It's the circumstances surrounding her life that was causing her to make bad decisions which including drinking too much. Not some chemical dependence on alcohol.

Her "slip" involved 2 mimosa's not some drunken bender. Not saying it was the smartest thing to do but socializing is a big part of Lu's lifestyle and having a drink with brunch or grabbing a drink with friends is just one of those pleasantries a person like Lu enjoys. It's not that she can't NOT drink it's her inability to accept that it's not a luxury she's allowed anymore that I truly believe is the true issue.

Which is why, yes, I wouldn't be surprised if she went back to drinking after her probation is over and why I wouldn't be overly concerned about it. I would just hope the healing would have begun with regards that whatever it was that had her throwing caution to the wind, Putting her back to the place where she drank responsibly.  

When you are put on probation and still feel the need to "time" when you can drink to still pass the breathalyzer you HAVE A DRINKING PROBLEM point blank period .... Normal people don't do that they don't think how can i get around this and still drink. they say ok cant drink lets keep it moving.. Sorry Luanne has a substance abuse problem .. do you know how hard it is to be around you guys and not drink? that's not normal when you cant be around people who are drinking and NOT drink or Need to drink you are a alcoholic sorry

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 22

Maybe Lu as a drinking problem. Clearly it was enough to get her put on supervision. But just judging by what we see on camera, both Dorinda and Sonja also have drinking problems. They just have never been in a situation where the police became involved.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
2 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

When you are put on probation and still feel the need to "time" when you can drink to still pass the breathalyzer you HAVE A DRINKING PROBLEM point blank period .... Normal people don't do that they don't think how can i get around this and still drink. they say ok cant drink lets keep it moving.. Sorry Luanne has a substance abuse problem .. do you know how hard it is to be around you guys and not drink? that's not normal

There is no such thing as "normal." And if there is very few of the Real Housewives on any of the franchises fit the bill. Those woman have wine instead of blood in their veins!

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Who tells their friends all about their financials, love lives, sicknesses, etc.?  Nobody I know.  Especially this bunch, as they throw it in your face eventually, especially Dorinda.

My point was not that I want Bethenny and Ramona to reveal their love lives to all the other women.  My point is that Bethenny hides all of the men she dates on the show and then berates Tinsley that she should reveal everything.  The only reason Bethenny wants to talk about Dennis every episode is that he very sadly passed away. If he didn't, it would still all be as hidden as it was.  Dennis showed up on the show a few times, but so did Scott.  It was even.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Maybe Lu as a drinking problem. Clearly it was enough to get her put on supervision. But just judging by what we see on camera, both Dorinda and Sonja also have drinking problems. They just have never been in a situation where the police became involved.  

If Sonja had been in a public setting and not a private home she could have easily been hauled in on a public intoxication charge. That night that Slurinda smashed the glass could have easily landed her in the clinker had she not been white, well to do and surrounded by camera people.

• Love 9

I don't see anything odd about freezing a pet for personal reasons.  And, the way these ladies go overboard with so many little things, I don't see why that was a big deal.  Just something to diss Tinsley about. And the way Bethenny was mumbling about how she couldn't take Tinsley grief talk of her dog....PLEASE.  Just shut up.  No right to address that Bethenny. If it's not about B, she can't relate.  

And, I don't think it's really their business where Tinsley gets her money either, HOWEVER, I do think that they are legit in their belief that she was still involved with Scott.  I would never have believed it based on their contentions, but, I saw Tinsley get called out on a lie about someone she was seeing by her own mother.  I'll have to put this in spoiler tags, because, it happened off the show. 

Spoiler

So, recently on WWHL, Andy is asking Tinsley about dating Billy Bush. She says they are old friends, but, they only recently went bowling...not dating.  Her mother, who is bartending says, no, that they dated twice. Tinsley was livid and clearly shocked that her mom called her out on her lie. I think she did lie and now I think that she regularly misrepresents her social life.  NOT that there's anything wrong with it, but, I now get why the ladies think she lies about it. 

I'm not as anti Lu as they are.  Yeah, she's zoned in on her work, but, she has bills to pay. This kind of thing is shortlived and let her enjoy it while she can.  Tip for Lu though, make sure the people who are supposed to be preparing paperwork to confirm your compliance with probation are doing it correctly.  Stuff can get mixed up, but, that's why you have attorneys.  I hope she understands that when the terms say you must attend a meeting a day, that means a meeting a day, not 3 meetings a week.  I wonder if she gets that. 

• Love 6
Just now, BluBrd47 said:

There is no such thing as "normal." And if there is very few of the Real Housewives on any of the franchises fit the bill. Those woman have wine instead of blood in their veins!

Normal in the sense that you arnt compelled to or NEED that drink to be around people or function..... yes these women all drink and yes some of them seem like they do have an issue but only Luanne has attacked cops and resisted arrest while drunk and still feels the need to justify her timing drinking while on probation for drinking lol

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Sun-Bun said:

Seriously. And I honestly think that’s why the other women feel like Tinsley is “hiding” her true self from them—-let’s be honest, she’s from a completely different class than them so beyond just being younger than them, she just can’t relate to them. She knows it’s pretty tacky and low-class to discuss wealth with the other women, but she’s way too classy to even call them out on that. 

Had Tinsley not had her fall from grace and been shunned from her former higher social circles I’m almost positive she wouldn’t have been on this cast, because let’s be honest, the truly snooty socials still turn up their noses at reality television(ahem, Patricia Altchul). This was her last chance at any sort of social relevance in Manhattan and I’m glad she went for it, but the other women don’t need to call her out on it.

YES !!!! To all.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Based on what Luann said tonight, I agree with you.  Luann has not admitted she is an alcoholic.  I don't know if she is or isn't, but apparently, she does/did have a problem with alcohol.  She says she is seeing a therapist, and admitted to self-medicating with alcohol, but that's about as far as she is willing to go with admitting she has a problem.

She says she is attending meetings as she's supposed to, that the news reports have been incorrect.  What I'm confused about, and admittedly, have no knowledge of, is how she introduces herself at meetings.  I thought, when someone got up to speak, the introduction always started with "Hi, my name is Luann, and I'm an alcoholic".  I could be wrong, but again, I don't think that Luann is attending meetings to find solace, support and help - she's only going because she was ordered to do so by the court.  

I think that once the monitoring thing is off, and she doesn't have to use the breathalyzer anymore, she will be partying the same way she was before.

Oh, and I also agree with Ramona about Luann about Luann still drinking on the sly.

But that's the thing. In our society we demand that once a problem has been noticed that there is only ONE way to go about handling the problem and that is by abstaining completely.

My take is that Lu believes she can manage her problem without abstaining completely. Why can't that be an option? 

What if she were able to go back to her social lifestyle, have her drinks, learn her lesson about using alcohol as a crutch and be more mindful of the signs between social drinking and self medicating?

Why don't we believe that a person can decide to be more vigilant in their drinking behavior without swearing it off completely? I get that she's shown herself to "slip" but I just think it's the bratty nature in her not the need to drink a bottle on her couch alone. I just really hate IMPOSING treatment on another person. Relationships with drugs/alcohol can never just be put in one box with only one course of action like society tends to do. 

Honestly I think it's more damaging to demand that Lu just ACCEPT what has been deemed by others (and no a court order just means she has to pay for her bad decision making and as a result some of her privileges have been suspended).  If she's working out the particulars with her therapist and really getting an idea about what was truly the deciding factors for her behavior then she's getting to the real crux of the problem. Just prescribing a blanket course of action, i.e. Just Don't Drink just creates a new challenge she may not have to impose on herself. And yes, having to deny yourself something you enjoy and is a big part of how you interact and socialize and unwind is a bit of a pain in the ass. It's not as simple as people make it out to be even for non alcoholics. I mean people go on diets all the time and some resent the restrictions, denying themselves that piece of cake.. Alot of people don't like the idea of diets because it really does a number on people's psyche's etc. etc. 

If Lu can work through the real cause of her outlandish behavior that created such an unhealthy drinking regiment and does the work involved to recover from THAT ailment then the symptom that developed in the form of self medicating should be corrected as well. I'm more hopeful that she gets to the bottom of that problem and not focused on whether she can go through the motions of "being sober" just to placate the masses. That is what I find truly unhealthy.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
41 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I think the other ladies are salivating at the chance to see her get down in the gutter with them, but Tinsley usually maintains some level of decorum that these ladies usually aren't capable of.  We've seen Tinsley drunk a couple of times, but I don't recall her ever being 'fall down in the bushes' kind of drunk.  They are hypocrites if they think she should share her entire life with them.  They all have their friendships away from this show that we never see or hear them talk about.  She's entitled to her normal life without having to tell them a damn thing.  

I don't know how that conversation about the charity event got turned back on Ramona.  For all of her faults, it was Sonja & Dorinda who kept interrupting her during her speech.  Dorinda sure has a way of spinning a story.  I guess it was Ramona's turn to be jumped on.  I hate how Bethenny's eyes light up every time someone else is getting raked over the coals.  I know that Ramona is no saint, but jeez, she shouldn't take the blame for something she didn't do. 

Then there was the moment where Ramona said that she called Bethenny right away after her insensitive comments about Dennis were aired.  Bethenny chimed in that she didn't want to talk about it then, but now that they're filming the reunion, she does want to talk about it.  WTF?  Ramona already called and said she was sorry.  Bethenny wanted to publicly shame her for it.  Who does that?  Ramona already took heat when the episode aired, and she called to say she was sorry.  What good does it do now to rehash it?  Bethenny wants to make sure that we all know just how hurt she was by it.  Yes, we all agreed that it was a hurtful thing to say, and if Ramona hadn't called to apologize, then yes, bring it up now, but she did, so why act all butt hurt about it again.  For a group of women who are all about apologizing and moving on, they sure do suck at the moving on part.  

Yep, and why is Andy giving her so much air time about Dennis?  Enough already.  She has moved on with Paul.  Why keep rehashing it?  He wasn’t her husband or fiancé as he was still married.

• Love 13
12 hours ago, tranquilidade said:

I really didn't understand Ramona's outrage over Luanne's drinking.  Problem drinkers and alcoholics commonly have setbacks and I don't know why they expect a quick cure to her problems, whatever they may be.  Any addiction or obsessive behavior is hard to treat or even properly diagnose and understand.  It's not about them and if they don't want to help and support her progress they don't have to.

No, because Luanne is self centered in a very unhealthy way which is why I believe she wound up manic and out of control.

I never could stomach how disgusted people act when dealing with someone who they believe have a substance abuse problem. The nastiness, the beratement. I mean if it's too much for you to handle then leave it alone and keep it moving. The fact that some women on these shows use it to be absolutely vicious is something that I find truly horrible. 

• Love 11
12 hours ago, Chalby said:

Oh okay. But why give her the choice between Jail or no drinking? Especially for a first offence - parole and community hours be enough? Or is there a police history. It just seems very extreme. ike I said, I don't drink, but if someone told me I wasn't allowed to drink for 2 years, that's all I would be able to think of.

I just love how simple, short and sweet your sentiment is.

Once you're denied something it's that much harder to accept not doing it. Losing options and choices in life really do a number on you and I shit you not also affects your levels of self control. 

We all know this but seem to lose sight of it because it's usually not such a detail that's in the forefront of our minds. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

When you are put on probation and still feel the need to "time" when you can drink to still pass the breathalyzer you HAVE A DRINKING PROBLEM point blank period .... Normal people don't do that they don't think how can i get around this and still drink. they say ok cant drink lets keep it moving.. Sorry Luanne has a substance abuse problem .. do you know how hard it is to be around you guys and not drink? that's not normal when you cant be around people who are drinking and NOT drink or Need to drink you are a alcoholic sorry

Most people are some version of alcoholic which is why I don't subscribe to the all or nothing approach. 

It's such an acceptable vice that I'm amazed at how quickly people like to nitpick the particulars of what's "normal" and "not normal".

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

I just love how simple, short and sweet your sentiment is.

Once you're denied something it's that much harder to accept not doing it. Losing options and choices in life really do a number on you and I shit you not also affects your levels of self control. 

We all know this but seem to lose sight of it because it's usually not such a detail that's in the forefront of our minds. 

This, this and this. Again, let's not pretend LuAnn is filming with people who have a simple glass of wine with dinner. It's gotta suck to sit at a table with Ramona, Slurinda and Bethanny stone cold sober.

• Love 14
(edited)
43 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Lots of “ magical thinking” going on here on behalf of Lu. When alcohol causes negative effects in your relationships, your job,and  your finances, chances are you are an alcoholic. 

Most people that are moderate or heavy drinkers have never threatened to kill a police officer....

If Lu cannot abstain from mimosas on Easter, after everything that happened, it seems fairly obvious she has a problem. 

No, not magical just not rigid.

Practical and realistic also comes to mind.

Life experience has also come into play regarding observing the drinking culture all these years.

I don't have to drink every day and I don't get the shakes when I don't drink but if there's a day where I really WANT a drink, whether it be to take my mind off of my day or sit and shoot the shit with my friends at my local bar to unwind then I'd really be hard pressed to deny myself that option. It's about being able to make that decision for myself. 

Impulse control also comes to mind.

People push the envelope all the time when it comes to indulging in bad behavior. People drink 3 beers and still make the conscious choice to drive home even though they may fail a breathalizer. Not saying that's the healthiest way to live but people take risks all the time in the name of selfish decisions. Luck has been on the side of a lot of people and some people land in jail. To act as if Lu taking these sort of chances isn't something that could be easily understood without "magical thinking" denies a lot of truths that go on, on the regular, day in and day out, generally in life 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8