Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E09: Whacktivity Competition #3; Nominations #3

• Start Topic

Man, if someone like Bella had placed her hands on me like that, I would have done way worse than what Kemi did. Like Bella, fucker, don't you put your hands on someone else like that...ever, and expect not to get smacked. 

I don't get how Analyse not only thought she spelled night wrong, but that she didn't know how to spell Julie. Like...is she that brain dead? Did she pass English? Or was she screwing around for air time?

That's about all I got out of this episode. Oh, I guess besides Christie's Panic Power not fully benefiting her like I thought it might. It only benefits her if she wins veto, or if someone she's close to (Tommy) wins veto. Otherwise, she's taking a big risk in using it. I guess she better hope that, if she does use it, that the veto winner has a back-up replacement nom not named Christie.

• Love 5

Nick should have followed his instincts. Sigh.

Jackson isn't as clever as he thinks and gets more odious every second he's on TV. I would love to see him on the block.

Luckily for me Jack was barely featured tonight.

Why did Cliff volunteer to be put up?  

Oh I had totally forgotten about David and Ovi until I saw them at Camp Comeback watching the veto ceremony. 

• Love 3

Gah, that final shot of the exiles up in the slum quarters watching on their little TV was a real jolt. David covered up in a blanket lying on a bare mattress? All the awards to whoever came up with this brilliant idea. 😢

• Love 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Man, if someone like Bella had placed her hands on me like that, I would have done way worse than what Kemi did. Like Bella, fucker, don't you put your hands on someone else like that...ever, and expect not to get smacked. 

If Kemi had pushed it in the DR, I was wondering if Bella would have had any consequences? A penalty nom maybe?  I definitely don't think she would had been removed, but I would had been demanding some action if I were Kemi.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 2
(edited)
56 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Nick should have followed his instincts. Sigh.

Actually this would have been even worse for Nick because if he DID put up Jack and Blockhead Jack would have just forced a re-nom and Nick would  have been in deep shit.

I don't like him mainly because he has Bella's stench all over him and I hold people accountable for their terrible taste in companions. However he may be our only hope to be saved from the Jackholes.

EDIT: Got those powers mixed up, but I still think there are too many votes out there all tied together and nomming both would be an easy ticket to be on the block next week then...

Edited by Wandering Snark
Power mixup!
  • Love 1

I don't understand why players get so upset about a rogue vote. I mean, if it was supposed to be 4 to 5 and instead is 5 to 4 then yes, try and find out who flipped, that's important. But 12 to 1.... obviously the person who voted against the rest of the house is just trying to make waves. It's not like they thought their vote would change any thing. So, why play into it? Who cares? 

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Samwise979 said:

I don't understand why players get so upset about a rogue vote. I mean, if it was supposed to be 4 to 5 and instead is 5 to 4 then yes, try and find out who flipped, that's important. But 12 to 1.... obviously the person who voted against the rest of the house is just trying to make waves. It's not like they thought their vote would change any thing. So, why play into it? Who cares? 

It signals that someone is possibly untrustworthy.  Remember, these people have nothing to do all day but to sit around and figure out which of these bitches are conspiring against them.  One hinky vote could mean that someone thought they had enough votes to evict, but their plan fell apart.

• Love 1

Commenting while watching. Is Nick part of the gr8ful alliance? I know four guys are. The two jacks and Tommy but I can't remember who the other one is. And also, the 4 ladies are Christie, Bella and ???? Thanks in advance. 

Ugh cockroaches!!! I wouldn't be able to do it. 

3 minutes ago, Samwise979 said:

Commenting while watching. Is Nick part of the gr8ful alliance? I know four guys are. The two jacks and Tommy but I can't remember who the other one is. And also, the 4 ladies are Christie, Bella and ???? Thanks in advance. 

Ugh cockroaches!!! I wouldn't be able to do it. 

Nick is the fourth guy, and the other two women are Analyse and Holly. 

3 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

Nick is the fourth guy, and the other two women are Analyse and Holly. 

Thank you! I thought it was Nick but no one has mentioned the alliance to him yet this episode. Like, you need to do what's best for gr8ful. And then Jack(son?) admitted in DR that he did the hinky vote to blame on Nick or Bella but they're both in his alliance so, I was confused. 

• Love 1

If I had to do that Whacktivity thing, I would have been "Dammit!  Ok, how many of these do I have to eat?"

What's with these houseguests?  Not a single one can keep their mouths shut about any "secret" for more than 15 minutes.  And the "secrets" they share are really so flaccid, they don't have any affect on the overall game.

Also, yawn... the power alliance noms and evicts the poor schmoes that don't have an alliance or are an alliance of 2 or 3 nerdlings.  This episode was a whole bunch of meh.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

Actually this would have been even worse for Nick because if he DID put up Jack and Blockhead Jack would have just forced a re-nom

I thought his power was just re-picking for the Veto. Wasn't Ovi's power was changing nominations (unless he willed it to Jack, which actually wouldn't surprise me if that could happen).

The non-Level 6 folks last year, whose alliance name I've forgotten, didn't do a lot right, but Scotty gave the blueprint about how to deal with a dudebro duo when he put up both Brett and Winston: nominate them both, and one will go home. Sure, the other one will be coming after you, but there's one less of them.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

I thought his power was just re-picking for the Veto. Wasn't Ovi's power was changing nominations (unless he willed it to Jack, which actually wouldn't surprise me if that could happen).

Ahh, yeah... my bad. I got them mixed up.

• Love 1
(edited)

There's a general feeling of pointlessness hanging over this season. If you think about it the whole Edge of Extinction riff is all going to be moot because whoever comes in will never be allowed to stay with Jack's Hateful 8 in control. Baring a miracle HOH win by the returnee they'll just get sent packing again...this time for real.

Then there is the fact that the last few seasons there aren't two strong factions in the house like classic Cappy's Sheeple vs Janelle's Possee. Instead, there is just one dominant group picking off a group of random people that can't pull their s@#t together to do something to stop it.

I knew Nick was blowing smoke all episode...he'd never have the stones to put up the Pair o' Jacks. They might as well just write Jack the check now. The only redeeming thing will be BB's embarrassment as the audience roundly boos him as the confetti falls.

Speaking of which I noticed they shied away from until the very end showing the Camp Segration room because it's a horrible optic.

Don't know why Nick and Bella are surprised they are on the bottom of the totem pole. Bella is a minority and likely the only thing keeping her off Jack's agenda until now was Nick being a meat shield. I can hear it now "Nick bro listen, she's not good for your game dude, we want to keep you but Bella's gotta go man."

Running short of material?  How else to explain the bizarre Kat fest at the end. I'd forgotten she was even in the house.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Samwise979 said:

Thank you! I thought it was Nick but no one has mentioned the alliance to him yet this episode. Like, you need to do what's best for gr8ful. And then Jack(son?) admitted in DR that he did the hinky vote to blame on Nick or Bella but they're both in his alliance so, I was confused. 

Last week Kemi let the Jacks know that Bella was the one who made the all girls alliance named black widows (Bella said it was Jess and told the Jacks). So the Jacks seem to have the 411 on Bella being a blabber mouth and playing both sides. If Nick or Bella had NOT won HoH, they were going to maybe put them up using the hinky vote as reason. Maybe.

• Love 2
(edited)

Jessica was freaking me out, touching the roaches, then putting her hands up to her face, over her eyes.    EEWWWW. 

I would have a really hard time touching cockroaches.  But once I solve the puzzle, I"d be SCREAMING for soap and water and hand sanitizer, and more soap.  

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, North of Eden said:

I knew Nick was blowing smoke all episode...he'd never have the stones to put up the Pair o' Jacks. They might as well just write Jack the check now. The only redeeming thing will be BB's embarrassment as the audience roundly boos him as the confetti falls.

Well in a few weeks they will wake up when they HAVE to turn on each other. I think Jackson stands a better chance than Jack because I hate him more and I am always angry on finale night. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Halting Hex said:

• Victor totally burned down Cheryl's she-shed, didn't he?  I see you, Victor!

If I could have just one wish come true - just one - it wouldn't be for world peace. It wouldn't be for a million dollars. It wouldn't even be for a pony. It would be to NEVER HEAR ABOUT CHERYL'S FUCKING SHE-SHED EVER AGAIN, THANKS STATE FARM. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 9

I am near phobic about cockroaches. I would have noped out of there so fast. 

...Did I see Julyieee at one point?I

Bella was so that girl in school who would announce "I'm not going to partner with him/her!" when assigned partners for an assignment. 

• Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

The rogue vote paranoia is now as big a part of BB tradition as not making any big moves until well into the game.  It's something people feel they have to make an issue of.  I'd much rather it had traditions like Survivor has established where you can make a bigger move earlier and nobody would blink at some lone pointless vote against a majority.

10 hours ago, vb68 said:

He probably knew he was going up anyway and just wanted to look like he wasn't angry and so less of a threat.  Though I don't know why Nick considers him a big threat, he probably just thinks he's the usual easy option of putting someone up who's been up before.

He spoke quietly in his monologue but obviously you need to whisper in there, as Christie did when she revealed her power.  But it should at least get around that Christie is very good listening at doors.

8 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Then there is the fact that the last few seasons there aren't two strong factions in the house like classic Cappy's Sheeple vs Janelle's Possee. Instead, there is just one dominant group picking off a group of random people that can't pull their s@#t together to do something to stop it.

casting makes or breaks reality shows

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Love 3

I wonder, for the roach comp, could you have just taken your shoe off and smashed them with it? I suppose not. I would have also liked to use one of the word magnets to shove them out of the way...but I suppose that wasn't allowed either. I too would have had to 'nope on out of there'.

• LOL 2

At this point, I think the season would be so much more interesting if you none of the guests had ever seen BB before and/or were as clueless as Cliff. At least then they'd all have a fighting chance and we'd have some laughs. The casting now has made it nearly unbearable to watch. I keep hearing "Hefty, hefty, hefty! Wimpy, wimpy, wimpy." in my head.

Another option put ALL "Jacks" or all "Cliffs" in the house. Can you imagine Jack, Jackson, Paul, Dr. Will, Boogie, etc.? The Jackasses would be eaten alive.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Running short of material?  How else to explain the bizarre Kat fest at the end. I'd forgotten she was even in the house.

They need light, funny, entertaining bits to show and Kat is literally the only one providing them.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

I can also hear him calling her 'Oriental'.

Well, she is kind of his futon.

34 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

They need light, funny, entertaining bits to show and Kat is literally the only one providing them.

Which one is Kat again?

Shout out to Big Brother trope #13 - during your HOH, mention you are thinking about nominating 2 of the "big bads".  Show will have clips of you stating this 3 or more times during the episode just to build up to you nominating the 2 least threatening hamsters in the entire house.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I don't get how Analyse not only thought she spelled night wrong, but that she didn't know how to spell Julie. Like...is she that brain dead? Did she pass English? Or was she screwing around for air time?

Coulda been Anal’s way of throwing the comp.

15 hours ago, vb68 said:

Probably because after the CliffNotes leak, Cliff figured he was 100% going up anyway.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

If Cliff were smart, he would still talk to the camera and throw out disinformation.  

This would be my inclination as well; act like you don’t know your cover has been blown, and start sowing seeds of dissent: “I know I said something earlier about thinking Christie and Tommy were working together - but after overhearing what Tommy was saying about Christie to Jackson yesterday, I’m really second-guessing that now....”

2 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I do wonder how Christie got the idea to listen at the door to what Cliff was saying.   I find it hard to believe that she just wondered over to the door and heard him.

Why, I absolutely can’t DReam of how Christie would ever spontaneously DRaw the conclusion that eavesDRopping on the Boat House door at that hour might yield such DRamatic results....  🙄

5 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

I wondered what happened to all the roaches when the comp was over.

Nailed down a mutual support alliance pact with the ants.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

I'm hoping a few dozen escaped and are currently hiding out in various locations in the BB house.

• Love 4

The show is really struggling to seem interesting. When you have a ginormous alliance of 9 and three players are out of the game, that only leaves four potential nominees. Not exactly a nail-biter, is it? There was never any real chance Nick was going to make a big move and nominate someone from his alliance because there's nothing to be gained until this stupid "Camp Comeback" gimmick is over.

Speaking of which, yeah, the optics on that aren't great. I'd like to believe the producers realize this and regret the twist even though they're committed to it at this point. But then again you'd think someone in the DR would would spelled it out for them how that was going to look after Ovi was the first one out. 

It signals that someone is possibly untrustworthy.  Remember, these people have nothing to do all day but to sit around and figure out which of these bitches are conspiring against them.  One hinky vote could mean that someone thought they had enough votes to evict, but their plan fell apart.

They're all untrustworthy, that's the whole point of the game. It baffles me that anyone in the majority alliance of nine gets bent out of shape over someone not in that alliance daring to disobey them. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

That is uncharacteristically generous, sir. You feeling okay? 🤣

Oh, yeah; with regards to Anal, though, I simply don’t expect advanced spelling skills to be demonstrated by an ass. 😉

• LOL 1

Right now I am really just waiting on the potential evictions...Jackson struts out to talk to Julie Chen Moonves, giving the audience his best watermelon-eating grin, or Bella teeters out in her highest heels, full glam blue eyeshadow and her very sexiest dress, or Jack saunters out, locks freshly washed and flowing....expecting the audience to erupt in thunderous cheers at their respective awesomeness, only to be met by a smattering of polite applause.  Like when Aaryn exited the house.  Like that.  I want to see that and I want to see it soon.  And I want to see it week after week.  Oh and I also want whoever remains of the Hateful 8/Nasty 9/Foolish 5/Stupid 6 to turn to each other in shock and wee themselves when it dawns on them that they are not going to be received well when it's their turn.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, Nashville said:

act like you don’t know your cover has been blown, and start sowing seeds of dissent: “I know I said something earlier about thinking Christie and Tommy were working together - but after overhearing what Tommy was saying about Christie to Jackson yesterday, I’m really second-guessing that now....”

Wow, that would be some epic gameplay, but I feel it would also need about a 80% addition of 'smarts' to be injected into his game first...

Grabbing back in the thread... I too thought they were going to be eating the roaches, not just pushing them aside to see the puzzle. Too bad. Heh

• LOL 1
31 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Why, I absolutely can’t DReam of how Christie would ever spontaneously DRaw the conclusion that eavesDRopping on the Boat House door at that hour might yield such DRamatic results....  🙄

I think Cliff just figured that since he wasn't going to be around long anyway, he'd have some fun messing up everyone else's game. Why monologue that stuff at all? Why use a speaking voice while everyone else whispers to each other so quietly production can't even caption it all? Anybody nearby probably would have heard him, although you could be right if somebody got impatient waiting for that to happen.

1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

my brief experience with roaches (cheap Chicago apartment)  is that they CANNOT be contained.  they go where they want, when they want.  they find a crevice and escape.  Anybody remember 'roach motels?'   "they check in but they don't check out"  was the slogan.  Wrong.   Their legs get stuck in the goo, and some of them just leave the legs behind.  They lay eggs and the future generations of roaches will live in the BB  house forever.   That task would have done me in. 

• Love 1

I know the show was relying on the big "fight" between Bella and Kemi to be the dramatic high point of the episode. The problem was that neither of them were really clear on what the issue was. They were both just sort of running their mouths. I know what happened, basically . . . I think. But if I was just tuning in I wouldn't have gleaned what the issue was from what they were yelling at each other. It was consistent with Kemi's eviction speech on Thursday - she doesn't really say anything meaningful, she just sort of blathers. Saying "You know what's going on, you know what's going on" doesn't really explain anything. Be specific, Kemi.

That said Bella came off worse. I'm willing to give Nick a pass because maybe he really is that dense and unaware, but Bella is being absurdly disingenuous to keep running around asking everyone why Kemi called her out. Like she just has no idea. 

• Love 2
(edited)
48 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

That said Bella came off worse. I'm willing to give Nick a pass because maybe he really is that dense and unaware, but Bella is being absurdly disingenuous to keep running around asking everyone why Kemi called her out. Like she just has no idea. 

I’m wondering if it’s less about Bella’s disingenuousness and more about her personality type.  Bella easily strikes me as one of those people who regularly attempts to bolster weak positions by aggressive intimidation - a get-in-your-face “What, are you calling me a liar?” strategy which frequently works IRL because many (most?) people will back off rather than react to aggressive challenge over something they consider essentially meaningless.

The BB House, though, is anything but real life - and if she thinks such ploys will float unchallenged in the House as well as they do on the Outside, then Bella is stupider than I thought.  And that’s saying something.

Edited by Nashville
Punctuation
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

They lay eggs and the future generations of roaches will live in the BB  house forever.

Then there'll be future opportunities to see unsuspecting HG's get freaked out by a 3-inch roach hissing at them? Production probably figured everyone was getting blasé about the ants, and decided to pick something that'll show up on camera better.

• Love 2

Madagascar Hissing cockroaches are not the same thing as German roaches which is what I think the ones in houses are.  I volunteered at a hands-on discovery center in a natural history museum and they had them for patting and whatnot.  (I preferred the turtle).  I don't think these guys will be all over the house.  Probably went back to the supplier.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2