Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: Real Life and Real Wife

• Start Topic

(edited)

So, is it the producers or Iris and Deonna who are pushing the idea that there is nothing between a couple meeting and having an ongoing sexual relationship? If I were on this show, even if I wasn't ready for sex with my husband yet, I would do small things to let him know there is mutual interest. You can do things like wear a tank top with spaghetti straps and shorts to bed. You can walk around the house in attractive lounge wear, flirt, affectionately kiss him even if it's a peck.

Mr. red12 and I didn't immediately have sex when dating but, I let him know by my behavior and even date outfits that I was interested. It was natural to do that stuff because I trusted he wasn't some sort of weirdo who would tackle me if I sat on his lap. Greg, in particular isn't getting much encouragement from Deonna in that area and I think it would do wonders for their relationship if she was a little more relaxed and reassuring. The other option is that she isn't feeling the tingle of chemistry and if that's the case, it's gonna be a long few weeks. Barring a big revelation about Greg's character, he will be drowning in marriage ready Christian women when this show is over though so, it's still not a loss for him to appear on this show. 

Regarding Iris and Keith: There are Christian books about sex for couples who are abstaining before marriage. Even evangelicals are starting to understand it is unreasonable to expect couples to go from purity culture to full on reenactments of Songs of Solomon just because they said the vows. Iris and the producers are missing an opportunity to illustrate people of faith can communicate about pleasure, boundaries and expectations in a beneficial way. I would think Pastor Cal would be doing a better job at helping with this idea since he is a minister. "You married now!" isn't enough to move things forward.

Edited by red12
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, spunky said:

Speaking of Beth, kudos to Dr. Viviana for calling her out on the disrespectful way she spoke to Jamie in public. 

13 hours ago, PityFree said:

Ok. I love new “expert”’s  outfit and hair. *runs off to buy dangly  teal earrings*

I watched today on MyLifetime replay, and they never showed Dr. Viviana.  Can someone summarize?

12 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

I had to Google detailing. It seems like it is cleaning and vacuuming, steaming, polishing up the outside, etc. kind of stuff. I would think that is a sort of weekend type drop off thing like a car wash. 

Mobile detailing is the bomb!  Taking your car to a car wash for detailing, you don't know if you will have to wait forever through a line.  And their focus is getting people in and out, not trying to do an A+ job with the details.  If you want a thorough detailing, that's not what they are equipped to do, plus it would take hours anyway.  So being able to just sit in your house (or at work, wherever) while they do it, is great!

29 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

Who the hell are the women to think that okay, I'm with you now so you I get all of the accommodations and you need to bow to what I want. Worse are the men who kiss their ass and do this. That's not even close to starting on equal footing, that's keeping your true feelings locked away to keep her happy. The problem with that is the other person is not seeing the real you, so months later when you say, "The dogs can't be on the bed," or whatever your complaint is, becomes an issue because "you never complained about this before..." The women, desperate to have husbands, all try to be as accommodating as possible in the beginning so it would behoove the men to be themselves from the jump.

11 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

I'm not an animal lover and I'm really not here for the dogs on the bed. And I will never eat at Beth's house now that I know she shares dinnerware with her dogs. Gross.

And now that Jamie didn't say anything about it right when it happened, it will make it that much harder to bring it up later.  Simply saying something like, "Since you didn't bring a dog bowl, let's designate which glass/bowls will be for the dogs," would have been so easy for Jamie, and gotten Beth in the habit of knowing that someone else is affected by what she does.

12 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

First product placement - Sonic.

Sorry, can't hate on it.  For whatever reason, I love Sonic!  And the nearest one to me is over an hour away, which is not worth it, even for Sonic.  So when I visit my sons in college, I always look forward to the trip back, since we go right past the Sonic on the way home!

2 hours ago, spunky said:

Loved Pastor Cal’s reaction to Deaona’s too many compliments statement. Sis what woman doesn’t want her man to compliment her? Get it together girl. 

OK so maybe I'm the only one, but I can def relate to Deonna with this.  Too many compliments would come off to me as insincere and too needy.  I think Pastor Cal was very wrong in his reaction, especially to compare to what "a lot of other women would want".  There's a reason that the Bell Curve exists, and I bet he would be quite salty if there was something that he didn't want, and some know-it-all came and told him about what "a lot of other men would want", so he should be fine with it.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Greg telling Deonna that if her doggie Sandy can like him so quickly then she should be able to, too. He's adorable and has a nice personality. Real Estate ain't cheap in Charlotte. Greg is doing very well for himself. 

Amber is just a sad sack pain in the ass, not that Matt is any prize, either. I'm shocked they are having sex because there is not one ounce of chemistry between them. A very strange couple. 

G&D: Was it me or did she seem like she might get jealous if Sandy really starts being into Greg? Also, she seemed a little jelly about his home and decor instead of being pleased to find a man who actually prepared a physical space to receive the blessing he wants (wife and kids).

A&M: I'm not shocked they went straight for the sex because they found each other to be cute at the alter and were probably nervous and grasping for connection. But, if there's no there, there afterward, they can't last.

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

But, at 30 yrs old, doesn’t she know that sex goes along with marriage?  The  girl has to chill and have a glass of wine to loosen up.  She must be a Virgin too. Who knows.  She seems scared.

That’s why this show doesn’t work most of the time sad to say.  There’s nothing like meeting, falling in love, then getting married because your partner was your choice.  You anticipate the marriage and honeymoon and sex as you know them already.  These couples go in blind and don’t trust yet because they don’t know anything about the other.  It makes for good t.v. tho.

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Eating in the car is part of Matt's lifestyle. He's always packed and ready to go.

I'm taking a poll (just roll with it--tm Jamie): Who amongst you would consider having your car "detailed" while you were, say, at work or maybe at a movie? Does he think people want this done at their home, maybe on their driveway? Better hope for sunny days, Matty!

IDGI!

Does Matt envision his going around with some huge ventilated truck on which to load these vehicles for the detailing? Or does he see himself in a heavy-duty paint mask, working in some parking lot using "car detailing" equipment that he lugs around in his own car? Or does he think somehow he'll take out a huge loan to hire a crew?

IDGI!

About the car wash and detail company. Yep, this type of company is an actual thing, and they can be lucrative. My current and last job were in buildings that contracted with companies like the one Matt wants to start. Those companies provide car wash and detailing services on site, once a week, to tenants. I've used the service before, and they do a good job. That said, does Matt have the ability to pull it off successfully? Who knows? Maybe he thinks his paycheck from this show will bankroll it.

Edited by Captain Asshat
  • Love 1

I don't have a pet, but I understood that Beth saw her dog was thirsty and since there wasn't a pet bowl around, she improvised.  If you rinsed the glass and then put it through a dishwasher cycle, wouldn't that take care of anything left behind?  If someone were to be creeped out about dog germs after the dishwasher, how do they feel about using glasses after someone with contagious germs?  When you eat in restaurants, how do you know where those glasses and plates have been and who (or what) used them last? 

The apartments looked very clean and high-end, but I doubt that they were brand new and I ALWAYS wipe down every drawer and shelf and put liner down.  No matter how clean they look, there's just DNA everywhere!  I know you have to have a certain amount of "what I don't know can't hurt me", but I still try to do my best to put my personal belongings in a "new" space if possible. 

There was something very sad about Matt carrying around framed pictures of his younger self.  Both Matt and Amber are damaged souls and I hope they can find a way to help each other heal. 

Deanna needs a couple glasses of wine and for Greg to be a little less polite.  Or maybe not.  Like others have said, if this doesn't work out, he will no doubt get countless better offers after the show is over. 

There's something about Jamie's looks that reminds me of Jerry Seinfeld.  He's been incredibly easy going - so far. 

• Love 12
12 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

All for couples are living in the same building? Easier for the experts to visit, no traveling around to four different places. Greg will miss his house for sure. 

Are the experts now so lazy the couples have to all be in the same apt building?

Greg's house is beautiful.

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

That’s why this show doesn’t work most of the time sad to say.  There’s nothing like meeting, falling in love, then getting married because your partner was your choice.  You anticipate the marriage and honeymoon and sex as you know them already.  These couples go in blind and don’t trust yet because they don’t know anything about the other.  It makes for good t.v. tho.

I wish I could get a truly honest answer from these cast members about why they're doing this show. The answers they give on camera: trouble finding love, history of bad relationships, I don't trust myself to choose, etc. explain why they might try online dating or even use a professional matchmaking service. But to go on reality TV and agree to an arranged marriage? That's something else entirely. 

If anyone on this forum can see themselves going on this show, will you explain why you would? No judgement. I'm really curious. 

I know I don't have the personality for reality TV--I'm introverted, and I avoid conflict and drama like the plague. You guys would hate me. But I love, love the idea of filling out a long personality questionnaire and having interviews with therapists and advisers who want to figure out who I am and what my type might be. And then to learn that there's a person out there who fits the image I've created in my mind of the perfect guy? That's exciting. 

The problem is, I don't think that's what this show does. The producers match up couples that have a few of the characteristics that the other likes. But their matches are total opposites in other areas, which they'll hope will make for great TV. 

Jamie and Liz-- He's neat and picky, she's messy and quirky. It's the Odd Couple! LOL

Matt and Amber and the height differential--from what I remember, Matt specified that he prefers taller women.  So let's match him with a 5'2'' woman. And Amber has abandonment issues, so let's give her a guy who lives out of his trunk and travels 6 months out of the year. 

Iris and Keith--I don't have any proof of this, but young and handsome Keith probably talked about sex being something important to him that he enjoys it and likes to have sex often. Can you blame him? So why not match him with the virgin! Won't that be fun?

Greg seems emotionally, financially, and probably psychologically ready for marriage. I'm sure wanted to be matched with someone who was as committed as he was to starting their new life together right away. That is not Deonna. She has been ambivalent about this process from the start. Even in the early interviews, she said that getting married was next on her life's To Do list.  She never--or hardly ever--talked about the emotional (and sexual) aspects of finding a partner and being married. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
34 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

Sorry, can't hate on it.  For whatever reason, I love Sonic!  And the nearest one to me is over an hour away, which is not worth it, even for Sonic.  So when I visit my sons in college, I always look forward to the trip back, since we go right past the Sonic on the way home!

Haha, my husband and I do the same with Cracker Barrel.  There’s not one in our area, so we wait until we go to the other state when coming back too.  I luv Cracker Barrel Country Store.  We just got Sonic near us and Arby’s and Popeye’s chicken.  Junk food, but what the hell.

• Love 8

I think Deonna and Greg are basically Craigslist roommates in that apt. She will have no problem with him using the second bathroom!

There is no way he is going to stay in that apt for 7 weeks (or whatever it is) with no affection from Deonna when he has that beautiful house. I wish he was matched with someone that appreciated him.

• Love 13

Greg is an upgraded Ricky Bobby....Over accommodating to Deonna like Ricky Bobby was to Danielle...but with a house that Danielle could love...

Deonna could not hide her admiration for his nice house... thus her teasing about the screened porch and deck.........did that turn the love tide?....or is he going to be another Cody...neglected husband-dog walker.....

• Love 14
10 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Iris...has a designated sink to wash hands only...the other for washing faces...that is a higher level of loony fastidiousness....

Iris will have all kinds of rules for sexy time....the right hand is for doing this...the left hand does that only....now remember!

Greg can shower his affection on Sandy....that may warm Deonna's cold dark heart....

I have a feeling Greg and Keith won’t stay in the marriage.  Too many restrictions.  On Unfilteted, Matt looked pretty handsome all dressed up.  I think he could get plenty of girls.  He’s not ready with Amber.

• Love 5

I think the lovely Iris has finally gotten to me to realize the she has a lot of issues! The no sitting on the bed close to the pillow with your outside clothes on was just too weird. She didn't act like that at the hotel. Plus, the pretend freak out over the condom box was way too contrived - just like the lost wedding ring freak out. She either needs to learn to be a better actress or stop trying. 

Amber's issues with Matt not wanting to spendeveryminuteandeverybreathwithher is smothering the poor guy. And yes, most women would be thrilled to have an extra bathroom for their husbands. Just saying.

Greg's house was great and I hope they can eventually be happy there, but I am not sure. Deonna still feels too guarded and there will e a limit to Greg's patience.

Big Red and Jamie will just explode at some point. Sooner, rather than later, since Creepy Dad is going to be back in the picture. I have a feeling that Beth didn't spend much time on her honeymoon thinking about her dad, but I am sure Creepy Dad has just been picturing her doing terrible things the whole time she has been gone!

• Love 11
(edited)

You can dress Matt up but he chews too loud...sounded he was cracking walnuts with his chompers....

JealousRonnie was taking care of his granddogs and probably put pinhole cameras/mics on Dharma's and Daisy's collars to spy on his obsession and her huzzy

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

I have a confession.  I waited until the monsoon here let up a bit and at 10:30 pm ran out to Sonic for a milkshake just because they mentioned it. 

1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

I watched today on MyLifetime replay, and they never showed Dr. Viviana.  Can someone summarize?

She was on Unfiltered when she pointed out that Elizabeth didn't have to resort to cussing Jamie out while on the boat.  Elizabeth justified it with different strokes, how she felt at the moment, blah blah blah. 

• Love 7

While watching, I said to the husband, “see how good you have had it”?  I gave him a lot of rope.  Thank God he didn’t use it.  I’m the slave so to speak, but he in turn has been very good to me also.  Give and Take.  These girls want to take, not give up anything.  Women aren’t the only ones that are sensitive.

• Love 5
(edited)

Vote me yes on Sonic Slushies(half price after 4pm)...just add some chilled wodka....mix it in....

Summer... the limeade slushie or watermelon slushie

Winter... the cherry slushie

I don't hate the corn doggies....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

It seems to me as if the show has a tight hand this season. Sandy warmed up a bit too fast so I call BS on her ever having issues with men. Every little argument/conflict is getting resolved quickly. Some things out of their control are Matt not being into Amber, & Iris' loss of V card. We'll see how fast Jamie gets over Liz working for pop; maybe she has a good salary & that will soften him up.

1 hour ago, OnTime said:
14 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

All for couples are living in the same building? Easier for the experts to visit, no traveling around to four different places. Greg will miss his house for sure. 

Are the experts now so lazy the couples have to all be in the same apt building?

Greg's house is beautiful.

Not sure how this happened but can't take credit for that quote up there with my handle over it. Although I did say I'd miss Greg's house too. If I were Greg or Deonna I'd be pissed about being stuffed in that apartment for 7 weeks with that lovely home not far away. Maybe they will stay in it when not filming - I know I would.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

How about dirty stringy hair along with a t- shirt saying “teacher”.  I just hope she doesn’t poop in front of him.  Hell pack so fast, you will only see a wind closing the door.

No offense.  My whole family are Teachers. Lol.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Gurkel said:

I wish I could get a truly honest answer from these cast members about why they're doing this show. The answers they give on camera: trouble finding love, history of bad relationships, I don't trust myself to choose, etc. explain why they might try online dating or even use a professional matchmaking service. But to go on reality TV and agree to an arranged marriage? That's something else entirely. 

If anyone on this forum can see themselves going on this show, will you explain why you would? No judgement. I'm really curious. 

I know I don't have the personality for reality TV--I'm introverted, and I avoid conflict and drama like the plague. You guys would hate me. But I love, love the idea of filling out a long personality questionnaire and having interviews with therapists and advisers who want to figure out who I am and what my type might be. And then to learn that there's a person out there who fits the image I've created in my mind of the perfect guy? That's exciting. 

The problem is, I don't think that's what this show does. The producers match up couples that have a few of the characteristics that the other likes. But their matches are total opposites in other areas, which they'll hope will make for great TV. 

Jamie and Liz-- He's neat and picky, she's messy and quirky. It's the Odd Couple! LOL

Matt and Amber and the height differential--from what I remember, Matt specified that he prefers taller women.  So let's match him with a 5'2'' woman. And Amber has abandonment issues, so let's give her a guy who lives out of his trunk and travels 6 months out of the year. 

Iris and Keith--I don't have any proof of this, but young and handsome Keith probably talked about sex being something important to him that he enjoys it and likes to have sex often. Can you blame him? So why not match him with the virgin! Won't that be fun?

Greg seems emotionally, financially, and probably psychologically ready for marriage. I'm sure wanted to be matched with someone who was as committed as he was to starting their new life together right away. That is not Deonna. She has been ambivalent about this process from the start. Even in the early interviews, she said that getting married was next on her life's To Do list.  She never--or hardly ever--talked about the emotional (and sexual) aspects of finding a partner and being married. 

Being you asked, I wouldn’t go on this show in a million years.  I don’t agree with these three experts at all.  I laugh when I hear their advice as I trust my own judgement.  They give advice for what’s good for the show, to create drama.  How many have made it and how many have not?  Dating before marriage at least gives you an idea what the person is like.  Even then, it might not work.  It’s a crap shoot when u go on this show.  If I didn’t care for the guy from day l, I would hit the road.  Learning to like them is hard.  I don’t even think Jamie O is fully in love. IMO.

• Love 5
(edited)
10 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Pet report:

Dharma and Daisy- Big Red's fur babies

No Name Cat-Jamie's

Sandy-Has already been mis represented as not trusting men...project much Deonna?....

Yeah Sandy looked a bit confused. She's probably just hating the camera crew in her face.

I want to know Jamie's cat's name. Big Red has to "adjust" to a cat, when she has two dogs invading his life?  Love them all, but am thinking it's not the same, Liz- get over your red, way too naked too often, self.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Greg is an upgraded Ricky Bobby....Over accommodating to Deonna like Ricky Bobby was to Danielle...but with a house that Danielle could love...

Danielle would have been in Charlotte in a split second for Greg's house with a sun porch and deck!

Edited by OnTime
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I always said the same thing.  They go to bed with sport shorts and t- shirts.  They wear bikinis almost naked.  Why not go to bed pretty?  Go to Victoria Secret and go to bed like a woman.  You’re married now.

How very, um, Stepford...  no offense; just thinking if the guy is into her he'll be into her in a t-shirt as well as anything else (that eventually comes off if he really wants to be into her). 

Matt seemed unimpressed with Amber's large bra collection. No matter what he's really feeling, he's having sex with her regardless of her stringy hair & t-shirt. If he starts to keep his distance it'll just confirm for me she's not his type, which is what I think.

2 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

OK so maybe I'm the only one, but I can def relate to Deonna with this.  Too many compliments would come off to me as insincere and too needy.  I think Pastor Cal was very wrong in his reaction, especially to compare to what "a lot of other women would want".  There's a reason that the Bell Curve exists, and I bet he would be quite salty if there was something that he didn't want, and some know-it-all came and told him about what "a lot of other men would want", so he should be fine with it.

Yes, definitely agree.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

How very, um, Stepford...  no offense; just thinking if the guy is into her he'll be into her in a t-shirt as well as anything else (that eventually comes off if he really wants to be into her). 

Old School and imbedded.

• LOL 1

I actually think Deonna is now kinda pissed that Greg's house is bigger/looks better than hers.

Keith is biding his time with Iris, just waiting to see how much more of her he can take.  I think he likes her and finds her attractive, but I do think he's worried about how things will go once they've had sex.  Will she feel guilty?  Will she never shut up about it?    

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Ok, so I would not go on this show, because these "experts" are not really trying to match people for life. They are making a show and causing drama. But I would totally got to a match maker.  I am not a dater, at all. I am 41, have a good job, have a home, good education. The works. But there our no single guys for me to date.  So I am pretty much out of luck! Date websites are the worst. I have tried them. So if I could go to a match maker who could find me someone, I would. Here is the thing. I am sure this show pulls in much more people who want to be on TV. So there is a big pool of people to match up. I don't think you get that kind of thing with a match maker, but I bet you get less crazy people!

Also I maybe one of those crazy people because I to would not be happy about "outside" clothes on a clean bed! Gross! It might be the only I agree with Iris on!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Captain Asshat said:

Yep, this type of company is an actual thing, and they can be lucrative.

I actually just saw a detailing van parked at my neighbors and saw their super shiny car. I hadn’t heard about it before. This was just a day before I saw the show 

43 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Sandy-Has already been mis represented as not trusting men...project much Deonna?

That’s too funny! I do the same with my dog when i say he doesn’t like children

2 hours ago, suzeecat said:

If you rinsed the glass and then put it through a dishwasher cycle, wouldn't that take care of anything left behind? 

My dog and I share a fork and eat watermelon together. Don’t even mention the kisses. And I’m just fine! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
15 minutes ago, WahooLAH99 said:

Ok, so I would not go on this show, because these "experts" are not really trying to match people for life. They are making a show and causing drama. But I would totally got to a match maker.  I am not a dater, at all. I am 41, have a good job, have a home, good education. The works. But there our no single guys for me to date.  So I am pretty much out of luck! Date websites are the worst. I have tried them. So if I could go to a match maker who could find me someone, I would. Here is the thing. I am sure this show pulls in much more people who want to be on TV. So there is a big pool of people to match up. I don't think you get that kind of thing with a match maker, but I bet you get less crazy people!

Also I maybe one of those crazy people because I to would not be happy about "outside" clothes on a clean bed! Gross! It might be the only I agree with Iris on!

I totally get your matchmaking sentiment. As I stated in my post, I would love the process of completing the questionnaires and going through the interviews with the experts.  

And I didn't mind Iris's picky preferences as much I got tired of her saying husband. "Okay, Husband, you don't have to use drawer liners, Husband. But I'm going to use liners in my drawers, Husband."

I wonder if she's going to call him husband when they finally have sex. "Do it to me, Husband. You're an animal, Husband. Ride me, big Husband." 

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, suzeecat said:

I don't have a pet, but I understood that Beth saw her dog was thirsty and since there wasn't a pet bowl around, she improvised.  If you rinsed the glass and then put it through a dishwasher cycle, wouldn't that take care of anything left behind?  If someone were to be creeped out about dog germs after the dishwasher, how do they feel about using glasses after someone with contagious germs?  When you eat in restaurants, how do you know where those glasses and plates have been and who (or what) used them last? 

I'm a low-key germaphobe and I think of this often at restaurants. "Ewww, this fork has been in a total stranger's mouth." Then I wonder if anyone ever asks for plasticware for this reason.

I don't do drawer liners.

Decor has to match. 

Headboards are necessary to complete the look.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Haha, my husband and I do the same with Cracker Barrel.  There’s not one in our area, so we wait until we go to the other state when coming back too.  I luv Cracker Barrel Country Store.  We just got Sonic near us and Arby’s and Popeye’s chicken.  Junk food, but what the hell.

Tim Horton’s. Every time I head south I hit one up for their plain cake donuts. Thank God I don’t have one closer to me or else I’d be in trouble.  

18 minutes ago, Gurkel said:

And I didn't mind Iris's picky preferences as much I got tired of her saying husband. "Okay, Husband, you don't have to use drawer liners, Husband. But I'm going to use liners in my drawers, Husband."

I wonder if she's going to call him husband when they finally have sex. "Do it to me, Husband. You're an animal, Husband. Ride me, big Husband." 

You know what? 😂😂😂

Edited by Soup333
  • LOL 2

I think Iris is weird as heck but I have to agree with her with the "outside clothes".  I'm in NYC and after a day of riding the trains and buses  with vagrants and junkies I do NOT want those same clothes on my bed. Nuh uh.  As soon as I walk in the door I change into "house clothes".

I'd prefer it if company didn't sit on my couch but that might be taking it too far. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, Gurkel said:

I totally get your matchmaking sentiment. As I stated in my post, I would love the process of completing the questionnaires and going through the interviews with the experts.  

No! Because they are never having sex! She may have a husband now, but she is still not going to give it up!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ShowFan said:

That’s too funny! I do the same with my dog when i say he doesn’t like children

My dog and I share a fork and eat watermelon together. Don’t even mention the kisses. And I’m just fine! 

Someone once told me a dogs mouth is cleaner than a humans.  Could that be?  People I know kiss their pets on the mouth and let them lick their faces, and both are healthy.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Gem 10 said:

Someone once told me a dogs mouth is cleaner than a humans.  Could that be?  People I know kiss their pets on the mouth and let them lick their faces, and both are healthy.

Possibly, but it's just the thought of your dogs tongue touching poop, dead animals, urine, random bones, and anything else on the ground then touching your face or your dishes. 

Actually, if your dog just licked another dog's poop, and his tongue touches your tongue, you good get the E. coli from the other dog's poop get a bad infection. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Kareem said:

Iris has other personas as well.  They both do baby talk.  Weird.  And annoying.  

I thought Keith was quiet and calm but thinking now that he just can’t get a word in when he’s around the always animated Iris.  

It’s good that some of these people like each other because their eight weeks together for me is starting to feel like it’s measured in dog years.  

Elizabeth started out as a hot mess and has stayed true to form.  Amber’s abandonment issues compete with his divorce issues and she often looks sloppy.  Iris was stunning at their wedding and now sometimes looks like Lenny Kravitz.  And Deonna - She doesn’t do judgement. She doesn’t do compliments.  She doesn’t do smitten.  She doesn’t do ex-es. She doesn’t do high-fives.  She still often acts like he’s bothering her or that he’s invading her world.  Greg and Keith have gotten even better over time while Matt seems all over the place and Jamie is a strange ranger who seems to sometimes have difficulty just being civil when speaking to big red.  My pal Cal didn’t seem to give them much of anything constructive but at least he didn’t say marriage ain’t for punks.     

Curious to see how D Day goes.  Hope it’s soon.  

I am laughing at your entire post but the bolded is hysterical and unfortunately spot on. 

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Gurkel said:

Possibly, but it's just the thought of your dogs tongue touching poop, dead animals, urine, random bones, and anything else on the ground then touching your face or your dishes. 

Actually, if your dog just licked another dog's poop, and his tongue touches your tongue, you good get the E. coli from the other dog's poop get a bad infection. 

Also if Elizabeth (or any pet owner) wants to share flatware or have the dog kiss them in the mouth, that's her business, but Jamie (or other people they have over) doesn't need to share germs with HER dogs - hence why he wanted to throw out that glass.

1 hour ago, WahooLAH99 said:

Yeah, I don't know anyone who would do the show because of the "show" aspect, but I definitely know people who, like we've heard from plenty of people on this show, just want to be married because they're tired of being single and it's hard to meet people. I bet if I asked around friends and acquaintances, I'd find someone who used a matchmaker (I think they're expensive though). 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Matt having to steal little pieces of his childhood....sad.

Pictures of his middle school self in a box stored in the backseat of his car parked at a friend’s father’s house....also sad.

Matt’s reaction to his contentious parents’ divorce is to cut himself off from his family....emotionally easier to escape to foreign lands to play and play...prolonging adolescence....

Amber’s reaction to her mother’s abandonment of the family is to become a barnacle....a nuisance stuck hard and fast and unwilling to let go....

Iris rummaging through Keith’s bedside drawer on camera...who does she think she is...Dr Pepper?

The impossibly photogenic Iris is now edited as a kooky cocoa puff whose germ phobia manifests itself with rules about how close you can sit to the pillows with “outside clothes” on and then only on a blanket throw covering the bed’s comforter....eerily reminiscent of billionaire Howard Hughes’ obsession of picking objects up only with tissues....

Another absolutely perfect post. Love it!

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Wow, Greg has got to be most educated and successful person to ever be on this show.

https://ans-wer.com/gregory-okotie-mafs-age-wiki-height-family-married-net-worth-bio/

"Okotie is a graduate of Saint Augustine College with a bachelor’s degree in Mathematics. He later studied at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and earned a degree in Biomedical Engineering"

Hi Greg 😉.  If this Deonna thing doesn't work out and it won't, do look me up.  I am quite smitten.

• LOL 8
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Hi Greg 😉.  If this Deonna thing doesn't work out and it won't, do look me up.  I am quite smitten.

My niece doesn't watch this show, but I alerted her to Greg so she watched last night.  She's ready to contact Greg and go to Charlotte if things don't work out with Miss Deonna.  😉

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

My niece doesn't watch this show, but I alerted her to Greg so she watched last night.  She's ready to contact Greg and go to Charlotte if things don't work out with Miss Deonna.  😉

Call me shallow but Greg would have had me at 4 bedroom, screened in porch. Real estate just gets me going. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Someone once told me a dogs mouth is cleaner than a humans.

Well, I don't know about that - our dog eats cat poop out of our litter box if we don't get to it quick enough. I try to avoid him licking me at all costs, but I do let him sleep in the bed and under the covers with me. Oh, and I also frequently lounge on my bed in "outside clothes", and have never used a drawer liner, so I must be some kind of gross.........I had no problem with Elizabeth letting the dog have a drink out of a glass. If she didn't have the water bowl unpacked or available I think it's better to give the dog water by any means necessary. Washing it will fix the dog germs. I was more surprised her dog just wears the harness all the time. Do other people do that? We only have one on our dog while we are walking him and then take it off - it doesn't seems super comfortable for the dog to wear it all the time.....

I wasn't seeing the Iris is an old lady angle until this episode, but holy cow! The outfit she was wearing when they met with Pastor Cal looks like something I would wear to work, and I'm a 47 yo accountant. The giant rhinestone earrings aren't helping either - the giant ones she had on at one point reminded me of Barbara Bush for some reason........

Amber's hair is atrocious. I think she dresses cute when she's in her "outside clothes" so to speak (I liked the white skinny jeans, flowy top and open toed booties), but from the neck up she looks like a hot mess. I understand from personal experience having fine hair is hard to make look luxurious, but hers looks stringy, greasy and messy. Combined with the completely bare face, she just looks unkempt.

If I was Greg, I would be pissed having to move into a crappy apartment from that beautiful house. Ditto Jamie.

• Love 5

Miss Deonna better step up ...or step out of the way....

Miss One of Five Buroughs has her motor running.....the sight of Greg's deck will just put her over the top.....yes, everything is spelled as intended....

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Call me shallow but Greg would have had me at 4 bedroom, screened in porch. Real estate just gets me going. 

Girl he has two ovens. The meals I could make in that kitchen ...

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

I'm not an animal lover and I'm really not here for the dogs on the bed. And I will never eat at Beth's house now that I know she shares dinnerware with her dogs. Gross.

Thank God I have partner in crime on this. All the fawning over pets drive me nuts every season and have absolutely no desire to be around pets let alone have them all over my stuff. 

I'm a courier and I literally had a stop taking off me today because that stop loves to bring their dog to work which charges at you the second you open the door. No thank you.

• Love 7
On 7/17/2019 at 12:33 PM, Elizzikra said:

Do the couples pay their own living expenses beyond rent? I'd love to see the discussions about who's paying for groceries and whether or not the can afford organic produce or have to shop at Costco. Just thinking about all the stuff you need to buy to start up a household -cleaning supplies, toiletries, etc. - that's a chunk of change too unless they drag all that sort of stuff over from their existing homes. I guess maybe the producers feel those make for boring conversations but figuring out how to prioritize where you are spending your money is one of the foundational challenges of marriage. Find a way to make it palatable tv, producers!

Deonna brought her Swiffer mop, lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

Wow, Greg has got to be most educated and successful person to ever be on this show.

https://ans-wer.com/gregory-okotie-mafs-age-wiki-height-family-married-net-worth-bio/

"Okotie is a graduate of Saint Augustine College with a bachelor’s degree in Mathematics. He later studied at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and earned a degree in Biomedical Engineering"

Then clean up your grammar, brother. "We was..." and "You was..." Greg does seem like a smart guy, but grammar lapses like those make me scream. It's like nails on a chalk board. 

Greg is still my favorite of the grooms. Keith would be second if I ever had a clue about how he was really thinking or feeling. Seinfeld Jerry is actually my second-favorite. Keith is third, and Matt can take his behind somewhere to play basketball or clean a car. 

I did like that Keith didn't get fazed by Iris' housekeeping rules. When she was flipping out about drawer liners, he listened to her rant but told her he disagreed and still put his own clothes in the drawer. Go, Keith. LOL. 

• Love 6