Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: Real Life and Real Wife

• Start Topic

Returning home to Charlotte, N.C., from their honeymoons in paradise, the four newlywed couples are faced with real-life issues, including moving in together....

new twist...All 4 couples are going to be neighbors in the same apartment complex

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/14/2019 at 12:26 PM, humbleopinion said:

new twist...All 4 couples are going to be neighbors in the same apartment complex

Why am I not surprised?!

Did the "experts"  decide to do this for the benefit of the 4 couples? 🤣      That's what they'll claim --but hell no!!

I forecast that the 4 couples will live in adjacent apartments. The "experts" will insist that these "new friends and neighbors with so much in common" must hang out frequently in guy groups, ladies' groups, and as couples -to vent about their spouses (and to gossip about each other even *more* than before). 

It's all about creating more drama, which (of course) gets MAFS more viewers. They don't give a damn about the participants.  ☹️ 

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 3

Big Red Chardonney: ding dong... Hey neighbor!

Iris: Hi yourself...Come on in....

BiggieBeth: Can I borrow a cup of KY ?.....

Iris: What's that?

BiggieB: Oh.... I forgot...I'll wait until Amber gets home from school....

Iris: Lemme ask you a question...How many boxes of condoms do you go through in a week?

BigRed:  So far we have been averaging one or two Costco sized boxes very few days.....we would probably need more but we have been having weekend brunch with the Fam and Daddy seems to find a reason to park his ass on our couch every evening hanging out until midnight...

Iris: Just wondering....

BigRC: Well..gotta go get sexy for my man coming home from work...I am wearing too much clothing

Iris: Yeah, I barely recognized you with your boobs covered and tucked inside your blouse....

• LOL 19
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Returning home to Charlotte, N.C., from their honeymoons in paradise, the four newlywed couples are faced with real-life issues, including moving in together....

Are they trying to turn it into the dumpster fire that  is the Australian MAFS, next year they will allow spouse swaps as well after all they came to find love so why deny it even if it is with another spouse (yes the aussie 'experts' actually gave that as a reason to condone cheating and let them stay on the show). Wonder if they add a weekly dinner together as well, it is always fun to watch the huge fights emerge after locking them all up with free flowing alcohol not to mention the various spouses sneaking off with other partners due to chemistry.

giphy.gif

• Love 6

This should be interesting but they really need their own experience without running into these people everyday and to go crying and complaining to each other. 

I think it would be interesting to get past contestants to pick from one another and do a live in situation, instead of marriage. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, crazychicken said:

Are they trying to turn it into the dumpster fire that  is the Australian MAFS, next year they will allow spouse swaps as well after all they came to find love so why deny it even if it is with another spouse (yes the aussie 'experts' actually gave that as a reason to condone cheating and let them stay on the show). Wonder if they add a weekly dinner together as well, it is always fun to watch the huge fights emerge after locking them all up with free flowing alcohol not to mention the various spouses sneaking off with other partners due to chemistry.

giphy.gif

I love the Aussie version. It’s illegal to marry a stranger in Australia so they’re really just playing house and “cheating” or “swapping” is less problematic. 

I hope they don’t go this route though as the US couples are legally married. As stupid as this show is, that’s just a new level of low for them. At least they don’t select participants with kids...yet. 

• Useful 1

I absolutely HATE this idea. This is not real life. This is just another step away from what this show started out as. It went from "social experiment" to devolving into trashy reality. I liked when they came home from the honeymoon, discussed a budget and decided WITH THEIR SPOUSE where to live based on where each person lived and what they could afford. This is just to save money on filming and to create drama, neither of which I care about. I guess they had to cut costs somewhere after adding a fourth couple and sending them all to  Antigua........

• Love 18
On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 7:44 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I think it would be interesting to get past contestants to pick from one another and do a live in situation, instead of marriage. 

It works for former Bachelor and Bachelorette contestants on Bachelor in Paradise. So far, they've had four marriages.

At the rate they are going, next season the couples are all going to live together in a dorm. 

• LOL 11
On 7/15/2019 at 1:09 PM, Ilovepie said:

I absolutely HATE this idea. This is not real life. This is just another step away from what this show started out as. It went from "social experiment" to devolving into trashy reality. I liked when they came home from the honeymoon, discussed a budget and decided WITH THEIR SPOUSE where to live based on where each person lived and what they could afford. This is just to save money on filming and to create drama, neither of which I care about. I guess they had to cut costs somewhere after adding a fourth couple and sending them all to  Antigua........

I'm with you. I've said here before that I think the budget/where to live conversation is the thing that most grounds these marriages as real marriages. Without it, they're essentially playing house and not joining their lives in any real way. Like, this is kind of just The Real World except the people happen to be married.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I've said here before that I think the budget/where to live conversation is the thing that most grounds these marriages as real marriages.

Do the couples pay their own living expenses beyond rent? I'd love to see the discussions about who's paying for groceries and whether or not the can afford organic produce or have to shop at Costco. Just thinking about all the stuff you need to buy to start up a household -cleaning supplies, toiletries, etc. - that's a chunk of change too unless they drag all that sort of stuff over from their existing homes. I guess maybe the producers feel those make for boring conversations but figuring out how to prioritize where you are spending your money is one of the foundational challenges of marriage. Find a way to make it palatable tv, producers!

• Love 8
1 minute ago, PityFree said:

Ok. I love new “expert”’s  outfit and hair. *runs off to buy dangly  teal earrings*

She definitely wins best dressed so far, but the bar has been set pretty low, especially sitting next to half naked Liz.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Straycat80 said:

I wish Iris and Keith would just do it already. I’m so tired of constant conversations about her being a virgin. 

I find it ironic that Cal advised them not to make it a thing when the show is continuously forcing her virginity down our throats. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
4 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I wish Iris and Keith would just do it already. I’m so tired of constant conversations about her being a virgin. 

They can’t do it until the  producers have figured out another storyline for them because other than the virginity that’s all they’ve got.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Who else is not surprised Iris is a morning person...

I went on a date with a guy a couple of months ago and he made a reference to getting up early (very early, like 5) and I said darkly "Oh no, are you a morning person?" I played it off like I was kidding but I was low-key not, because I am not a morning person. If I have to get up before, say, 6:15, I am going to be upset about it. (I get up at 6:30 now.)

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

I was glad Cal shut down the "he's a stranger" mindset. Jephte was the worst, but I'm sick of people leaning so hard on that. It's like they have no idea what show they're on.

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

I wonder if Matt telling Pastor Cal that love might fade over time, has anything to do with his folks' long term marriage ending?

...Actually, I think it probably has a lot more to do with the fact he got his 'nookie' on the very first night, and the novelty has already worn off.

• Love 8

I missed this convo. Is Greg not a dog person? Just fastidious? Why the emphasis about dog hair?

I love Greg's home!

Why did Pastor Cal ONLY talk to Matt and Amber separately?

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, ECM1231 said:

I missed this convo. Is Greg not a dog person? Just fastidious? Why the emphasis about dog hair?

Greg made a comment about the dog drooling. The dog isn't sure about Greg. The dog sheds a lot & Greg has an impeccable home. I can understand Deonna's concerns, but I think Greg's into her enough to do well with the dog.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
Just now, Empress1 said:

I'm a cook so I would geek out over Greg's two ovens too like Deonna did. My mother has two ovens and it's such a nice perk!

Seriously, I would marry him for that house.

• LOL 7
  • Love 9