Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Showdown at the Hoedown

• Start Topic

Robyn confronts Gizelle; Candiace and Chris have a fight of epic proportions; Katie hosts the ladies at a hoedown, but breaking news about Michael overshadows the event and one housewife is left feeling vindicated.

Airs July 14, 2019.

(edited)

This has nothing to do with me ... this has nothing.... this has.... damn I guess this is my fault lol..... cut to Candace doing something to completely make you dislike her ugh

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Pretty sure Katie is wearing eyeglass frames with no lenses.

How fortuitous that there was a cameraman with every housewife when they received the Michael news!

I was just going to post about the glassless glasses!

I wanted one of the ladies to look at the camera man and ask if he was the one who got grabbed.

If I owned a historic log cabin (in my dreams) I would know exactly how old it was.  Something does not ring true with Katie.

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I wanted one of the ladies to look at the camera man and ask if he was the one who got grabbed.

If I owned a historic log cabin (in my dreams) I would know exactly how old it was.  Something does not ring true with Katie.

Robyn kind of did a look around when she  read the news on her phone. 

I’m going to need to watch Katie’s toast many more times. Girl, what happened since season one?

• Love 5

Giselle is full of crap. She totally threw Robin under the bus at the dinner party. Cadiance is the common denominator in all her conflicts this episode—her Mom, Chris, the girls. She is becoming her mother. No doubt.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 21

I think Katie lost some brain cells (and her glass lenses) in The Vortex? What the hell was that about?

Candyass is becoming a magician producing those "tear squares" out of thin air.

It's scary Monique is the voice of reason. BUT, don't have the first thing you offer me be a banana if I schlep out to your place with your kids, Monique.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
(edited)

Gizelle

Gizelle sat there and stirred that whole pot and sat back to watch the show.

Ashley vs Robyn

As Robyn said in her confessional, Ashley is the same person who ran around running her mouth about Robyn's situations but now the heat is on her, she wants to be quiet.  And she wants to blame Robyn for what Gizelle brought up.  It's easier to be mad at Robyn for what Michael said than to cop to the embarassment of what Michael said.

Candiace vs Monique

All Monique said was "hey, this is how you're coming off" and "if you don't want people to talk about your mom, stop bringing her up."  But Candiace is a brat and a little girl and that's why people treat her like a brat & a little girl.  And she can say Monique was "hood" but Monique wasn't the one waving around knives at people.

Ashley vs Karen

That was a very low blow for Ashley to bring up Ray's tax problems again.  So glad Karen read her and shut her down with the clankety clank.

Ashley

The Michael/cameraman allegations happened in late September.  This episode was probably taped in early October (when it's still quite warm in the DMV).  Ashley just had her baby last week (July).  She was either freshly pregnant when this episode was taped or got pregnant right after.  The timing is curious.  Ashley may not have wanted to believe Robyn/Candiace/Chris claims that Michael went around saying he wanted to suck {  }'s dick because she had just found out she was pregnant or was actively trying to get pregnant. 

If you just found out you're pregnant, you're not going to want to believe your husband is running around saying he wants to suck { }'s dick or grabbing cameramen's butts.

However, if Ashley wasn't pregnant at the time of these revelations, she might've gotten that pregnancy out of Michael as a reason to stay.

Background characters

LOL @ Karen's hairstylist reading the scoop with her.

LOL @ Katie's neighbors watching the melee go down.

Edited by drivethroo
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

I really got nothing.  Candy is too much.  And why is she driving a Lexus with stickers in the front windshield that looks like Virginia stickers.  She lives in Maryland and Maryland cars don't have stickers in the middle of the front windshield.  Yeah, this was one of the top interesting things to me this episode.

What medication is Katie on?

I'm team Monique. 

Clang clang.  Soap?  WTF?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

And why is she driving a Lexus with stickers in the front windshield that looks like Virginia stickers.  She lives in Maryland and Maryland cars don't have stickers in the middle of the front windshield.  Yeah, this was one of the top interesting things to me this episode.

That's a 2017 or before inspection, because VA started putting the stickers on the left side starting in January 2018.

33 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Clang clang.  Soap?  WTF?

A callback to when Ashley said something about clankity clank when Ray was going through his tax problems.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, chewycandy said:

I’m going to need to watch Katie’s toast many more times. Girl, what happened since season one?

What happened to Katie? You should check out her Instagram. Even that only tells some of the story. You may want to google her, too. Girl is a mess.

• Love 2
(edited)

Katie always looks dirty to me.  And what has she got against going to a hair stylist?  She must really be broke.  

As for Candiace and her hubby; I give them a year tops.  As much as Candiace complains about her mother, the bottom line is she's a mommie's girl and will always hang on to mommie's apron string.  The problem with that is her husband will never measure up to her mom financially to suit her.  And from the look of that empty restaurant they will never be independent of her mother.

Edited by swankie
Added more comments
  • Love 21

This episode was really tiring. Let’s face it - none of these women (with the exception of Pinky and the Brain) are “friends.” Just look at the glee with which they talked about Michael being in legal trouble. 

These women are not your friends so stop telling them your business.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Is Chris’ restaurant in Old Town?  I’m just wondering what time that scene with Chris and Candyass was filmed because when she drove away from there traffic was pretty light.

It is but it is sort on a side street near offices.  I go to a gym near there and there is not a lot of traffic in that area.  Also, I'm a pretty vocal hater of that restaurant (and lover of Overwood-the previous restaurant) so I will also very pettily say that no one goes there.  (Disclaimer-I have been there once and yesterday at lunch, a few friends said they actually really enjoy it)  I was very tired watching this-did Candiace have her dry the eyes, folded up napkin for her teary conversation with Chris in her car?

Team Monique.  Candiace should've just taken the apology.  The same with Ashley.  I know they have to keep the drama going, but just get over things ladies!

I was unsure if Katie actually owned Sunny Hill Farms, but that is her in the Air B&B rental picture right?  Time for a girls wine weekend in Purceville, staying on Katie's farm (in the fall).

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/13854827?source_impression_id=p3_1563196780_8o63Gk4GxdEABi8S

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

Gizelle has and will always be messy. Ashley giving Gizelle a pass because she's always been that way and that's just the friendship she accepts while holding Robyn to a different standard...the same Robyn who was put on the spot to address what she heard...and most importantly, the same Robyn who Ashley went around talking shit about when it came to her finances and her relationship with Juan. Karma is a bitch and she's got Ashley's number and I don't feel at all bad for her for it. I'm just curious when it's gonna be Gizelle's turn.

Candiace was acting a whole fool with Monique. Monique was only trying to show her how she was coming off to the group and that no matter how she feels, at some point if you become  dog with a bone, people are going to stop listening to what you're saying about the other person and focus all on you and why you're so obsessed. I knew Candiace was very similar to her mother before this episode but when her demeanor did a total 180 during her conversation with Chris, I swear my initial reaction was 'fuck, has she always looked like the spitting image of her mother?'. Now I can't get it out of my head and throughout the entire episode, when she was acting a fool, it was her mother's face I kept seeing. It's unfortunate that she fails to see what's so obvious to others and it's stunting her personal growth as a person. Instead of becoming better than the thing that she feels holds her down, she has become just like it and anchors down others who challenge her. 

I'm done with Ashley. In the past I gave her the benefit of the doubt that maybe there was some semblance of realness in her feelings for Michael but with acknowledging her issues with Michael yet still wanting a baby, I'm convinced that her relationship is of convenience and ensuring she secures the bag...which she now has with the birth of her son. Ashley's denial of accusations against Michael seem purely out of self-preservation and I don't fuck with that. I think she's sold every ounce of her own integrity and truthfulness. And her calling out Karen...that's rich given the shit she said about Karen's money issues just last season and she quickly went there in their confrontation. I'm glad that Karen threw that soap comment back at her.

Edit: I forgot to throw a shout to Katie's toast about grabbing asses. I don't know what has caused such a difference in her but it's got her acting like she's from a different universe, lol.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 12
(edited)

I walked by Chris' restaurant several times this past week (had a guest who loves Old Town). There was hardly anyone in it. Maybe on a weekend it's different.

Weirdly, when you click on Katie's (Kathryn's) photo in the link posted above, you are presented with some messages from guests...to "Rynthia." Is that Katie's middle name?

I wonder if Katie's mother cut her off financially.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

I'm Team Monique (and still Team Robyn as well).

I had to look up what the genesis of the term "rainbow baby" was and that's really moving ... Before knowing the term existed, I'd had the idea that instead of a "gender reveal" shower people should have a "rainbow shower," with the thought that "gender" being so fluid these days, one would welcome a healthy baby who will be what they're going to be. 

Also, I thought the "ladies" were especially cacophonous last night at the hoedown, to the point of putting it on mute. Even my deaf pup was covering her ears.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

One nice moment was when Monique's kids said "Miss Candiace!" excitedly and hugged her when Candiace got there. (Candiace met Monique's youngest son pretty early on, according to IG, so I guess they made up.)

I also enjoyed how Monique was like "They were all wrong!" and ran down the ways in which they were wrong at Candiace's dinner party. I agreed with her completely.

• Love 16
39 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

One nice moment was when Monique's kids said "Miss Candiace!" excitedly and hugged her when Candiace got there. (Candiace met Monique's youngest son pretty early on, according to IG, so I guess they made up.)

Her kids are so cute. And I love Monique, she has the prettiest eyes and smile. Only a couple years older than Candiace and she has it all together, and makes a lot of  sense in what she’s telling her. 

• Love 13
(edited)
3 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Gizelle has and will always be messy. Ashley giving Gizelle a pass because she's always been that way and that's just the friendship she accepts while holding Robyn to a different standard...the same Robyn who was put on the spot to address what she heard...and most importantly, the same Robyn who Ashley went around talking shit about when it came to her finances and her relationship with Juan. Karma is a bitch and she's got Ashley's number and I don't feel at all bad for her for it. I'm just curious when it's gonna be Gizelle's turn.

If Gizzard gets half the karma Ashley's getting this season then I will be one happy camper.

Bitch hadda open her fat beak when Candiace apologized to Ashley, just couldn't fucking let it go.....she's the miserable person that's only happy when everyone else is miserable.

Why was Katie looking like Raj Thomas with a ratty old weave?

Raj.jpg

Loved the farm but I don't think she's with Jacob anymore.  Her toast was hysterical though.

CANDIACESTFU!  Money or no money, Chris is really going to resent your spoiled ways one of these days.  She’s lucky he didn’t pack his shit and leave when she gave him attitude in the car.

I need to cut off my head ‘cause damn if I wasn’t Team Beaky Buzzard last night!  She was spot on about Ashley and loved the flashbacks to her messiness….don’t feel sorry for her one bit.

Karen was a bad muhfucka last night, from her boss motorcycling outfit to her 'Clankety-clank' to Ashley, who deserved it after going on about Ray's now fixed IRS drama.  Karen was on Watch What Happens Now with Vivica A. Fox and her blonde short wig was all that!  She really looked good.

Edited by Vixenstud
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10
(edited)

Yes, Gizelle is messy--that's kind of her job on this show--but at least she apologized to Ashley. Candace is the most hardheaded person in the world. When Monique was trying to give her advice during her visit to the house, she said "I disagree" before the woman could even complete the sentence. She doesn't think Monique should be kind to Ashley in any way because of the animosity between the two last season. She cannot tell the difference between sharing an opinion and being judgmental. She cannot fathom why it's inappropriate for her to be in Ashley's baby-making business. I would feel sorry for Chris but he had to know what he was getting into with this silly little cow. I really, really, really do not like her.

I like Monique's shorter hair and that swinging bassinet was the bomb. Wonder what she said last night when she heard Candace calling her "hood."

Robyn cracked me up when she suggested Gizelle doesn't know what she's getting into. As with all projects of this type, there will be some unanticipated bumps, but if she thinks Gizelle is going to a bumbling hot mess like she has been with that tiny townhouse, she's got another think coming. Plus she's probably not doing it on the cheap as I suspect Robyn is. And when is she going to get rid of that round the way girl hairstyle?    

Not sure what is going on with Katie but she's involved in a custody battle royale, which surely isn't helped by her looking like a loon. That wig was crazy!

Not even going to get into the Ashley and Michael business. 

So glad that this show is out of "other candid shows" purgatory.

Edited by politichick
to add something
  • Love 16
(edited)
2 hours ago, politichick said:

Yes, Gizelle is messy--that's kind of her job on this show--but at least she apologized to Ashley.

I love how quick she is to apologize to people but never to Monique when she's wrong.  Granted, they haven't have any beef lately but still, when they did....

Fake assed heiffa.

Monique and Chris - No ya'll don't have a microwave in your bedroom!  Now that shit is ballin'.

Edited by Vixenstud
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

If Gizzard gets half the karma Ashley's getting this season then I will be one happy camper.

Bitch hadda open her fat beak when Candiace apologized to Ashley, just couldn't fucking let it go.....she's the miserable person that's only happy when everyone else is miserable.

Why was Katie looking like Raj Thomas with a ratty old weave?

Raj.jpg

Loved the farm but I don't think she's with Jacob anymore.  Her toast was hysterical though.

CANDIACESTFU!  Money or no money, Chris is really going to resent your spoiled ways one of these days.  She’s lucky he didn’t pack his shit and leave when she gave him attitude in the car.

I need to cut off my head ‘cause damn if I wasn’t Team Beaky Buzzard last night!  She was spot on about Ashley and loved the flashbacks to her messiness….don’t feel sorry for her one bit.

Karen was a bad muhfucka last night, from her boss motorcycling outfit to her 'Clankety-clank' to Ashley, who deserved it after going on about Ray's now fixed IRS drama.  Karen was on Watch What Happens Now with Vivica A. Fox and her blonde short wig was all that!  She really looked good.

Yezzz hunty !! Karen looked fierce on WWHL last night, that wig was a great look for her finally she got it right. It was sexy yet very classy on her. I am loving seeing Ashley get her ass kicked with Karma. Candy, I have no words for this girl, I just want to grab her and slap her around a bit. Chris married a child..

• Love 6

I don't think Katie lives at that farm, she had no idea how old it was, if I were to have a log cabin I would know how old it was...also, everyone had to be outside.  It looked like Mission BBQ, I am surprised that Candiace didn't make a big deal about her not going to Chris for the BBQ buffet.

Something is very off with our wig wearing, lensless glasses friend.

Also, her boyfriend and neighbors were not eating with everyone?  

• Love 4
16 hours ago, nb360 said:

Karen said this in front of everyone at Candiace's BBQ last season.

1 hour ago, byrd said:

Chris married a child..

So very very true.

Giselle will get hers eventually. As a seasoned Real Housewives watcher, I know that the others will turn on her, probably at the reunion or next season. Ashley is only attacking Robyn because she still thinks of Giselle as the Queen Bee.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, jmcd44 said:

did Candiace have her dry the eyes, folded up napkin for her teary conversation with Chris in her car?

She has one every where she goes. In case the tears start to flow. Which is all the time. I think she should market and patent those little "tear squares". At least that would give her lazy crying ass something to do. Who ever decided that this show needed to take a turn and make it 75% about Candyass needs to be fired. 

Monique is the most stunning pregnant woman I have ever seen. She's all baby bump and not an ounce of fat anywhere. She's probably one of those women that gives birth, then is back to a size 2 within a week. 

• Love 21
(edited)
On 7/14/2019 at 8:22 PM, Empress1 said:

"How you gon' be mad at Robyn? You know Robyn ain't the brain. Robyn is Pinky!" [cut to Robyn with pink hair]

I DIED. I see you, Bravo editors.

I can't believe Katie is on television in this wig.

On 7/14/2019 at 8:32 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Katie in the background looking like she’s waiting for the van to pick her up to take her to witness protection 

On 7/14/2019 at 8:44 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

On 7/14/2019 at 8:47 PM, bosawks said:

The only punishment worthy of obnoxious Candy is a lifetime sentence of wearing Katie’s wigs.

On 7/14/2019 at 9:26 PM, Bronzedog said:

I don't understand why they brought Katie back.  She's barely conscious in all her vortexitude.  

On 7/14/2019 at 9:26 PM, chewycandy said:

Robyn kind of did a look around when she  read the news on her phone. 

On 7/14/2019 at 9:31 PM, rustyspigot said:

I think Katie lost some brain cells (and her glass lenses) in The Vortex? What the hell was that about?

Candyass is becoming a magician producing those "tear squares" out of thin air.

It's scary Monique is the voice of reason. BUT, don't have the first thing you offer me be a banana if I schlep out to your place with your kids, Monique.

21 hours ago, Quita said:

What happened to Katie? You should check out her Instagram. Even that only tells some of the story. You may want to google her, too. Girl is a mess.

21 hours ago, nb360 said:

This episode was really tiring. Let’s face it - none of these women (with the exception of Pinky and the Brain) are “friends.” Just look at the glee with which they talked about Michael being in legal trouble. 

15 hours ago, CalicoskiesNC said:

Katie was beautiful when she was on the show years back.  Now she seems like she has had a traumatic brain injury. She looks so odd in her bad wigs and glasses. She looks unkempt. 

13 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Candiace was acting a whole fool with Monique. Monique was only trying to show her how she was coming off to the group and that no matter how she feels, at some point if you become  dog with a bone, people are going to stop listening to what you're saying about the other person and focus all on you and why you're so obsessed. I knew Candiace was very similar to her mother before this episode but when her demeanor did a total 180 during her conversation with Chris, I swear my initial reaction was 'fuck, has she always looked like the spitting image of her mother?'. Now I can't get it out of my head and throughout the entire episode, when she was acting a fool, it was her mother's face I kept seeing. It's unfortunate that she fails to see what's so obvious to others and it's stunting her personal growth as a person. Instead of becoming better than the thing that she feels holds her down, she has become just like it and anchors down others who challenge her. 

I'm done with Ashley. In the past I gave her the benefit of the doubt that maybe there was some semblance of realness in her feelings for Michael but with acknowledging her issues with Michael yet still wanting a baby, I'm convinced that her relationship is of convenience and ensuring she secures the bag...which she now has with the birth of her son. Ashley's denial of accusations against Michael seem purely out of self-preservation and I don't fuck with that. I think she's sold every ounce of her own integrity and truthfulness. And her calling out Karen...that's rich given the shit she said about Karen's money issues just last season and she quickly went there in their confrontation. I'm glad that Karen threw that soap comment back at her.

Edit: I forgot to throw a shout to Katie's toast about grabbing asses. I don't know what has caused such a difference in her but it's got her acting like she's from a different universe, lol.

9 hours ago, politichick said:

Yes, Gizelle is messy--that's kind of her job on this show--but at least she apologized to Ashley. Candace is the most hardheaded person in the world. When Monique was trying to give her advice during her visit to the house, she said "I disagree" before the woman could even complete the sentence. She doesn't think Monique should be kind to Ashley in any way because of the animosity between the two last season. She cannot tell the difference between sharing an opinion and being judgmental. She cannot fathom why it's inappropriate for her to be in Ashley's baby-making business. I would feel sorry for Chris but he had to know what he was getting into with this silly little cow. I really, really, really do not like her.

I like Monique's shorter hair and that swinging bassinet was the bomb. Wonder what she said last night when she heard Candace calling her "hood."

Robyn cracked me up when she suggested Gizelle doesn't know what she's getting into. As with all projects of this type, there will be some unanticipated bumps, but if she thinks Gizelle is going to a bumbling hot mess like she has been with that tiny townhouse, she's got another think coming. Plus she's probably not doing it on the cheap as I suspect Robyn is. And when is she going to get rid of that round the way girl hairstyle?    

Not sure what is going on with Katie but she's involved in a custody battle royale, which surely isn't helped by her looking like a loon. That wig was crazy!

Not even going to get into the Ashley and Michael business. 

So glad that this show is out of "other candid shows" purgatory.

8 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

I love how quick she is to apologize to people but never to Monique when she's wrong.  Granted, they haven't have any beef lately but still, when they did....

Fake assed heiffa.

Monique and Chris - No ya'll don't have a microwave in your bedroom!  Now that shit is ballin'.

5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I don't think Katie lives at that farm, she had no idea how old it was, if I were to have a log cabin I would know how old it was...also, everyone had to be outside.  It looked like Mission BBQ, I am surprised that Candiace didn't make a big deal about her not going to Chris for the BBQ buffet.

Something is very off with our wig wearing, lensless glasses friend.

Also, her boyfriend and neighbors were not eating with everyone?  

The unofficial theme of this season is “What the Hell happened to Kate?”  I go from being mildly amused to somewhat concerned when I see her. Was she really shopping at the dollar store for her hoedown? There is nothing wrong with the dollar store but Katie is supposedly from money. Speaking of dollar store... we now know where she got those wigs.

As a lot of posters have pointed out, this show really suffers from being off the air too long. We all know that buttgate happened a long time ago and Ashley has doubled down on her marriage ( fake or real) to the Wizard of Oz with a baby. Ashley’s been poor and there is no way in Hell she is going to lose her wallet.

Candiass really just does want only yes men and sycophants as her friends. Girl, you are turning into your momma’s mini me. 

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, politichick said:
2 hours ago, qtpye said:

OMG!  I had forgotten all about Katie's kids.  That might be why she seems so zonked out most of the time.  It's devastating when you lose custody of your kids.  And sadly I read that she suffered a miscarriage with her current boyfriend.  I'm suddenly feeling really sorry for her.  😥

(edited)

I would love to say that I honestly like Candice. Yes she is spoiled and is used to getting what she wants. The person to blame in that is her parents. This is why she's the way she is now. It also doesn't help that her mom does emotionally and verbally abuse her. Her mom is negative energy. I agree with Karen that Candice needs help. She needs therapy by herself and not with her mom. She needs to be able to confront her own demons. Deep down inside Candy resents her mom and fears she is going to be like someone she resents. That's why she gets so heated when people bring up her mom and compare her to her. Also she talks about her issues with her mom to them but just because does doesn't make it right for them to use that against her and attack her.

Anyway my favorite people used to be Giselle and Robyn but that stopped after season 1 on to season 2. Giselle just does tooo much. Like she is funny I admit. However,  she has moved down the ranks. Her behavior and messiness is disgusting. So now my favorite is Monique, Candice, and Karen. Robyn is slowly coming back up because she hasn't been doing anything for the past two seasons. Actually Ashley is dead last for me. I CAN'T STAND HER A**. 

Ashely & Mo convo in store:

I do not agree with Monique about Candice. Yes Candice was over the top with her anger and she let her emotions get the best of her. but Candice mom is a trigger that sets her off to the top. She has mommy issues. My issue is that even though Candice went over the top with her emotions Ashley was the one in the wrong. Candice invited Ashley over to taste food because it will help Chris. She never had ill intentions for Ashley coming. If it wasn't for the food and for Chris Ashley wouldn't have been invited. Even when Ashley came Candice was nice and complimented her. Ashley is the one who thought Candice invited her over with ill intentions and because of that Ashley came over guns blazing ready to pop off. Ashley is the one who threw shade at Candice and popped off with the mouth. If Ashley really wanted to settle that issue with Candice she would have done it privately but yet she did it in front of the group to make Candice look bad and for Ashley to have possible backup. Not to mention throwing shade by saying they live in Candice's mom house. Regardless of the situation if the mom paid for her house and or they are splitting cost. Truth of the matter is that Candice lives there and it is her house. Ashley doesn't have to like Candice but what she needs to do is respect the person who lives there. Ashley had crossed the line and was doing to much. Especially when Ashley lives in Michael's condo. He clearly kicked her out last season. Ashley talks about Candice not having a job but what is Ashley without Michael? What does Ashley actually do in life? Anyway, once Ashley got kicked out the house. She should have left and never came back regardless of Giselle inviting her back in. Ashley was the instigator in this situation. Also Candice picked up the knife to use it as a microphone to demonstrate what Ashley did at the rainbow shower when she started arguing with Ashley. She did not deliberately pick up the knife to point it in her face.

Ashley, Candice, Robyn, & Giselle: Sucking Dick Comment

The person that started that issue was Giselle! That is who Ashley should be upset with and not with anyone else. The one who started it and caused EVERYONE to be in the business was Giselle. If Giselle was a "true" friend she would have never brought up the way she did in front of the group and she would have never thrown Robyn under the bus. Ashley wants to blame Robyn and Candice as if they were conspiring against her together when she should be the one blaming her husband for not keeping his hands and comments to himself. Robyn and Candice didn't even mention it to each other. Robyn was not trying to hurt Ashley. Robyn didn't even tell Giselle which is a BIG deal because she tells Giselle everything. I believe Ashley knew what happened and then the law suit for the butt thing didn't help and that is why she was so "mad" and it was a trigger for her  when anyone brought it up. I believe she was trying to get pregnant so bad so she can secure her life with Michael. 

Monique & Candice

I believe that Monique is genuinely trying to help Candice. She wants her to realize that she is going down a lonely road if she doesn't stop what  she's doing. Monique didn't talk to her rudely but i think people fail to realize that Candice shuts down anytime someone brings her mother up. That is the issue with Candice and what is stopping her growth as person. Until she figures out the issue is with her deep in and let all that anger and resent she has from her mother go. She will continue to ruin her relationships with friends and her husband. So people have to know how to talk to someone to give them advice. Everyone doesnt respond the same way.

Candiace vs Everyone

I understand why Candiace reacts that with everyone. Last season Candiace was new and she just sat and watched everyone. So she was able to observe and see the shit people do. So I understand why she is upset because everyone is ganging her on like she is the one causing trouble. Everyone has been having issues with Ashley so its funny to see them just defend her from Candiace. Candiace is not coming at Ashley for no reason. They all say the shit behind Ashley backs so when Candiace calls Ashley out on her BS..the BS everyone says off screen then they want to attack Candiace and tell her to "chill". Like I was with Candiace. They ALL talk about EVERYONE but have the audacity to try to tell Candiace she is wrong. So i understood why she was upset with Monique and Robyn. Especially when Monique lost her cool last season and threatened to choke Giselle with an umbrella and it was an altercation like in the house. Regardless if it was a butter knife or umbrella. BOTH got violent yet Candiace is the one who is getting dragged. I love Monique but it did come off fake to me. I guess she wants to be nice to Ashley because Ashley was trying to get pregnant. idk. I just feel like they don't have the right to tell Candice to stop when they continue to be shady AF to one another.

Edited by kkamiiiii
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, kkamiiiii said:

The person to blame in that is her parents

Candiace is 33 years old her parents aren’t to blame for her behavior she has continued to make choice and behave like this as an adult. I know plenty of people with more fucked up families who aren’t assholes and plenty of people who have awesome families who are asshats at a certain point you are responsible for your actions and behavior and that point was passed long ago in Candiace’s case.

• Love 17
(edited)
On 7/14/2019 at 9:26 PM, Bronzedog said:

I don't understand why they brought Katie back.  She's barely conscious in all her vortexitude.  

Her behavior is exactly why they brought her back.  It's clear that she's out of it, the cheap wigs being the telltale sign.  BRAVO can never have a full cast in any of the Real Housewives shows be normal AND nice.  Would be too boring for the viewers.  They have to include a least one bitch (e.g., NeNe, Brandi Glanville) and/or someone who seems off (e.g., Katie, Kelly Bensimmon) every season to keep people talking.  Not trying to be funny by saying this but Katie in a weird way reminds me of Kelly except Kelly was bitchy and crazy acting - Katie is a shell of what she was the first season.  Sort of prefer the earlier version who was haughty but at least came across as sane.  It's sad and uncomfortable to watch her like this. 

Edited by Jets4274
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, swankie said:

OMG!  I had forgotten all about Katie's kids.  That might be why she seems so zonked out most of the time.  It's devastating when you lose custody of your kids.  And sadly I read that she suffered a miscarriage with her current boyfriend.  I'm suddenly feeling really sorry for her.  😥

Sadly, it seems the existence of her kids has vanished from her IG page...likely to do with her ongoing custody battle. I do also think that her custody battle is partly the reason for her odd behaviour this season but I'd guess she was medicated in some way due to the stress that was causing her. If I'm not mistaken, she miscarried in February at 5 months with her ex-boyfriend (she's since broken up with the guy we saw in this episode and is dating someone new) so I think she would have been in her early stages of pregnancy in this recent episode (probably didn't even know yet that she was pregnant). If the stress of not having her kids was enough to miscarry her last pregnancy, I certainly would find it easy to believe that the stress was enough to be given medication of some kind to help keep her calm. Feel bad for her as well...she's suffered a lot recently but for the sake of her custody battle, it's probably for the best that she didn't publicize all of that information on the show.

• Love 6
On 7/15/2019 at 7:57 AM, CalicoskiesNC said:

Katie was beautiful when she was on the show years back.  Now she seems like she has had a traumatic brain injury. She looks so odd in her bad wigs and glasses. She looks unkempt. 

During Katie's first run, I thought she was eccentric-ly thirsty, but beautiful. These days, she seems to have fallen on hard times. People keep asking why she's back when it's so obvious. 

Katie came back for a check.

The producers allowed her to come back for comic relief/humiliation/WTFuckery. Meanwhile, Katie thinks she's on the comeback trail. She's so far gone that she has no idea the joke is on her.

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

I am firmly in the I want to see Monique drag Candiass camp.

Let's hope that as soon as Monique delivers the baby, she does this "Candiass, I owe you one drag". 

I really do like Monique.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

Monique is absolutely gorgeous and she handles herself well. Yes, she had her "hood" moment last season with Robyn and the umbrella, but who here has never gotten a little cray-cray before? But Candiace is on a whole other level of crazy. I agree with those upthread who can't stand her and don't want to see her come back next season.

I have mixed feelings about Katie. I don't know whether to laugh at her or cry for her. I'm confused on how to process these emotions! Lol

I think Giselle is beautiful and funny, but I agree that she's not someone I'd be friends with in real life. She's way too messy and all these girls are way too grown for that.

I like Robyn but HATE her hair. I can't stress this enough! I even preferred the purple wig over this shit!

Karen gets on my nerves. She's too shifty with who she wants to hang with or defend. Girl, bye. You've hated on everyone at some point. Ain't she too old to be hanging out with these girls anyway? I don't hang out with my mama. Well, I do, but she's my mama. Lol

I'm in the minority here, but I love Ashley. Yes, she's messy, but I'm here for it! And she's well-educated. I'm a grammar Nazi, I love proper usage of words, I like big words... she checks all the boxes. I could listen to her speak forever. Weird, I know. Mind ya business! Lol

• Love 8
(edited)

I can see why Candiace is having trouble with the treatment of her vs. the treatment of Ashley.  Ashley ran around for 3 season digging in everyone's business yet Monique and Robyn are cool with Ashley.  Candiace can't understand why the double standard, so she's rationalizing it as the gang having colorism issues & is sticking up for Ashley because she's light and dragging her because she's dark. 

What's going on with the group is this:

• The group doesn't care about Ashley's business because Ashley is not currently in THEIR business.
  • The group doesn't understand why Candiace is in Ashley's business because Ashley was not and is not currently in Candiace's business.
  • Candiace is lashing out at Ashley because she wants to lash out at her mom but can't

What's going on with Candiace is this:

• Ashley tried to expose everyone else, why can't she expose Ashley?
  • Everyone is defending Ashley even though Ashley tried to expose them, why?
  • Everyone must be defending Ashley because Ashley is light skinned like them and dragging her because she's dark

Candiace probably has seen many a light skinned or white girl get over because of their light complexion but that's not what's going on here so she needs to stop.  She cannot use that argument against Katie or Monique so she calls them slaves and hood.

Candiace needs individual therapy because she's nasty like her mom and she knows she's nasty like her mom.  I think the reason she's so pressed over Ashley and the group defending Ashley is that just for once, she wants people (mom) to see that she's doing the right thing and she is prevailing over people who have done her wrong (mom).

Instead (like her mom), the group sees her as out of order and a big fail.

Ain't she too old to be hanging out with these girls anyway? I don't hang out with my mama. Well, I do, but she's my mama. Lol

When the show first started, there was a good age mixture in the cast. Karen & Charisse were in their 50s, Gizelle in her 40s, Robyn in her late 30s and Katie & Ashley made up the youngsters (Katie, early 30s, Ashley being the youngest at 26, 27).

With the departure of Charisse & addition of Candiace, the cast is now skewing younger, with most of the cast in their 30s. Robyn is 39 or 40, Gizelle is late 40s and Karen is the grande dame at 56.  Ashley is still the youngest (30).

I don't think it's that Karen is hanging out with youngsters but the casting skewing younger.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

When the show first started, there was a good age mixture in the cast. Karen & Charisse were in their 50s, Gizelle in her 40s, Robyn in her late 30s and Katie & Ashley made up the youngsters (Katie, early 30s, Ashley being the youngest at 26, 27).

With the departure of Charisse & addition of Candiace, the cast is now skewing younger, with most of the cast in their 30s. Robyn is 39 or 40, Gizelle is late 40s and Karen is the grande dame at 56.  Ashley is still the youngest (30).

I don't think it's that Karen is hanging out with youngsters but the casting skewing younger.

You're right, you're right. I forgot about Charisse! That's been three seasons ago now. 

(edited)

I  cannot stand Candyass. The more I start to dislike her the more she looks like her mother both on the outside and in actions. As far as Ashley acting all wide-eyed, trying to make the audience think that there’s any possibility that the allegations are not true; she looks like a total idiot. She has managed to have her “keep a dude baby” So at least she’s set up financially, and it’s clear that that’s all this was about. Michael is clearly gay with some ability to still get it on with the chic (hence his abilities at ongoing procreation), but it’s clear his proclivity is mainly dudes. What has happened with this whole lawsuit anyway?  I also think that they forged forward with this child in an attempt to make Michael look more straight.

Also I am totally here for Karen! She looked amazing on that motorcycle and it was clear she knew what she was doing, and I think she turned BBG on! So cute! And then her sassy retorts to Ashley “clank clank” where everything!

Edited by Crazydoxielady
Karen
  • Love 5