Type keyword(s) to search

S01: Week 2: July 15, 2019-July 19, 2019

• Start Topic

I think if Yamen had kept Alana at the eviction, Cashew and Kyra would have been in the bottom 2 but America wasn't willing to forgive him over Alana. I wasn't surprised to see the 2 original people stay and the 2 newcomers gone. 

I didn't watch the food comp. If I were there, I wouldn't have done it...I would have puked the whole time I played my Toon Blast instead. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Too bad.  It's not like I was Kristen's biggest fan, but I really liked how serious she seemed to be about trying to make it work with Yamen.  I agree with her, it ISN'T fair.

How the hell were Kyra/Cashel picked as MORE compatible than Yamen/Kristen?    I really disagreed with that.  Neither Yamen nor Kristen were disloyal to their partner, but Kyra and Cashel definitely were or came close.  I guess I should have voted.

I wonder if the audience voted Cashel/Kyra through because they are the most exemplary of the worst of the Millennial stereotypes and the young'uns found them relatable.  Don't even get me started on the way that the both of them talk.  Suddenly I feel so bad for Kristen.

The results were skewed because they asked for the MOST compatible, not LEAST compatible, couple. Zac/ Elizabeth almost certainly won by a huge margin. Maybe Dylan/Alex got significant votes. Everybody else was fighting for scraps. I wouldn’t be shocked if each of the bottom 3 couples got <1% of the vote. 

If they had asked for the least compatible couple, the vote would have been much more wide open. That big majority voting for Z/E definitely didn’t have a monolithic opinion on least compatible!

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I think if Yamen had kept Alana at the eviction, Cashew and Kyra would have been in the bottom 2 but America wasn't willing to forgive him over Alana. I wasn't surprised to see the 2 original people stay and the 2 newcomers gone. 

I didn't watch the food comp. If I were there, I wouldn't have done it...I would have puked the whole time I played my Toon Blast instead. 

I hate the contests. I FF all of them. They serve no purpose. I can't believe I am still watching this sh** show. I get sucked in at the end of each episode. Luckily there's not much else on.

• Love 1

Last night was the most middle-school of all the episodes so far. Zac talking to the guys about whether he was ready to ask Elizabeth to be his girlfriend, followed up by Elizabeth saying that he said he could see her being his girlfriend but then he didn't ask her to be his girlfriend. If once the game is over, they're still spending all their time together and sleeping in the same bed, then she's his girlfriend. He doesn't have to give her his letter jacket to make it official. That aside, I think these two are really cute together.

Christen telling everyone about Yamen's weird kissing technique was also pretty juvenile. It would be one thing if she said the kissing was a little awkward and left it at that, but the detailed descriptions went on and on and then she repeated it in a confessional. He thought he cried a lot when she left; wait until he sees the episode.

• Love 7

That food comp was disgusting.

They had a chance to get rid of Caro but, in light of what Cormac said about sex then yeah Cormac had to go. This is going to sound catty but, I wonder if Caro is trying to get cozy with Winston now. Yamen knows her too well. 

I started watching the UK version of LI (Started today. I’m only on the second episode of the first season) and I noticed some things. It’s got more of a Big Brother vibe to it. The Villa seems huge compared to the Villa in the US version. All of the guys seem stupid and immature. I do like that there’s more variety of ages though.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Christen telling everyone about Yamen's weird kissing technique was also pretty juvenile. It would be one thing if she said the kissing was a little awkward and left it at that, but the detailed descriptions went on and on and then she repeated it in a confessional. He thought he cried a lot when she left; wait until he sees the episode.

Yeah, even though I wish it had been Caro instead of her, I wasn't sad when Christen left because I thought calling Yamen out to everybody about his kissing was a dick move.

• Love 5
On 7/18/2019 at 5:45 PM, Ohwell said:

I also can't forget that the snarky announcer keeps me coming back.

He needs to be added to Big Brother stat. There were too many funny comments last night to list. 

I get why we don’t see What’s-Her-Face-The-Host during the games, because they have no bearing on the show,, but after seeing her in almost all of the pre-show promos, it’s very odd to now see so little of her. 

I would have preferred it had the islanders been asked to choose one woman and one man to go home, regardless of their pairing, rather than one from each couple. Caro and Cormac could have gone home, and Christen and Yamen could have stayed. 

Cormac saying that sex was Step Two in his relationship search meant he needed to go. I thought his attitude bothered me because I’m old, but I’m glad to see it hit many of you the same way. 

Listening to the islanders discuss who was really being serious about seeking a relationship and thus deserved to stay on the show was silly but also endearing. It was as if they had taken vows to uphold the high standards of the show. 

That said, these people all seem quite nice, and there is no one I loathe. Winston wasn’t a favorite of mine on Big Brother last year, but I like him better here. I do want to have some serious words with the person who told Caro that she reminds them of Cardi B, though. Strong, serious words. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Correct me if I've misunderstood what Kyra said but did she basically say that her issue with her relationship with Chasel is basically because she only wants to jump his bones some of the time and not all of the time?  I also found Chasel to be unbearable this episode. He quickly started telling the guys about how committed he is to Kyra while she's slow to open up but it was just a couple of days ago that HE told her that he wanted to be open to meeting new women that come in and he was actively trying to get Christen to choose him for her date. His relationship talk only became an issue when Krya caught the eye of a new guy coming in. It was such a manipulative move by Chasel and Krya doesn't appear too bright to have caught on.

I was surprised to see Yamen cry over Christen having to leave. Sucks that they had to vote only one person per couple but I get that they wanted it that way to amp up the drama of having more singles in the house to get in the mix as new people show up.

• Love 3
(edited)
14 hours ago, Kris117 said:

I would have preferred it had the islanders been asked to choose one woman and one man to go home, regardless of their pairing, rather than one from each couple. Caro and Cormac could have gone home, and Christen and Yamen could have stayed. 

I'm still annoyed about this.  If the goal of the show is to be in a compatible couple and last long, then Christen and Yamen were really trying to follow that.  Christen may have made fun of his kissing, but I really got the sense that she was going to try with him and wasn't interested on hitting on anyone else, unlike Caro, who apparently was interested on hitting on everyone else.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
On 7/19/2019 at 10:46 AM, Chalby said:

I think it would be fun if we viewers either a) chose a specific couple, or b) chose the whole cast, and took a drink every time we hear them say "like" (or "You know?") and/or both. After an episode, viewers should then logon and (drunkenly) share their word count. That would be hilarious, and I am sure some of the posts would be a cluster of babbling. Yeah! Another drinking game... (Maybe I should hang out with Luanne and borrow her blow machine, lololol.)

We'd die.

On 7/19/2019 at 1:43 PM, TroopinFairy said:

With this voting does this mean that we can finally get rid of Caro. She’s annoying and just wants stay in the game. She has made it pretty clear that she would dump whoever she’s with if another guy came along who caught her eye.

Isn't this the point of the show?

On 7/20/2019 at 3:24 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

How does everyone feel  like Yamen treated Alana so badly?  Leading her on?  

He told the rest of the villa shit he should have said to her face.  Like, he wasn't feeling it with her romantically, just as a friend.  And he thought the kiss came too early.  There were a couple other things, but that's basically it.  Everyone else who wanted to "see what's out there" told their partner their plans.  Except Yamen.  He could have been truthful with Alana and maybe she would have had time to make another connection.  But she thought everything was Swayze because he couldn't be honest with her like he was with the rest of the cast.

Ya know, I wonder if that's part of what's wrong with this US version.  The UK cast isn't afraid to be messy if it means their friends don't get blindsided.  So we get talks where due to "girl code" (or "boy code"), people spill the gossip on how everyone is feeling.  Which can create drama from who told as well as the contents of the "private" talks.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

He told the rest of the villa shit he should have said to her face.  Like, he wasn't feeling it with her romantically, just as a friend.  And he thought the kiss came too early.  There were a couple other things, but that's basically it.  Everyone else who wanted to "see what's out there" told their partner their plans.  Except Yamen.  He could have been truthful with Alana and maybe she would have had time to make another connection.  But she thought everything was Swayze because he couldn't be honest with her like he was with the rest of the cast.

Ah.  I never made the assumption that what is shown on the show is everything that has happened.  I wonder if Yamen maybe did have conversations with her that weren't shown.

I am not sure what you mean by Swayze - I've only ever heard that as slang as referring to "Ghosting" or leaving someone.

54 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

We'd die.

I thought that the opposite was the point of the show.  Staying with someone longterm and building popularity among your co-islanders and your audience, exactly the way Zac and Elizabeth have been doing.  Or else, how would you win in the end?

• Love 2
(edited)

Caught up on the show (pro tip, waiting to watch then allows you to ff through the pointless challenges). 

After hearing Kyra talk about Weston, it’s too bad she only thinks of him as a friend. I think if those two paired up they’d be a great couple and probably win this thing. 

As it is, I think Zac and Elizabeth will win without much challenge or competition. They met so fast and so early that I can’t see them breaking up if the show tries to insert a new wrinkle, and they’re both so harmless that I think they’ll remain popular with viewers. 

Edited by Stan39
Typos
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I am not sure what you mean by Swayze

It means everything's good.

5 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I thought that the opposite was the point of the show.  Staying with someone longterm and building popularity among your co-islanders and your audience, exactly the way Zac and Elizabeth have been doing.  Or else, how would you win in the end?

Zac & Liz have some sort of attraction/interest in each other.  But Caro isn't really feeling any of them like that.  So she's let it be known that she's interested in new people coming into the villa.  If you don't have a connection, move on.  Now, I don't believe she's given enough time to form a connection, but some of that can be chalked up to these guys not being her type.  The point is to find love (and win money), but how do you fall in love when there's no there there?  If that makes sense.  I do wish Caro would chill and let things happen more organically, but it ain't that kind of show.

14 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

It means everything's good.

Zac & Liz have some sort of attraction/interest in each other.  But Caro isn't really feeling any of them like that.  So she's let it be known that she's interested in new people coming into the villa.  If you don't have a connection, move on.  Now, I don't believe she's given enough time to form a connection, but some of that can be chalked up to these guys not being her type.  The point is to find love (and win money), but how do you fall in love when there's no there there?  If that makes sense.  I do wish Caro would chill and let things happen more organically, but it ain't that kind of show.

I think your points are valid, but Caro is also telling guys she’s into them (when she probably isn’t) and getting upset/annoyed when the guys aren’t giving her attention. Yes, maybe none of the guys are her type, but she’s also not coming across well. As Weston pointed out to her, if a guy went around doing what she does he’d be labeled a player. I think she turns off guys pretty quickly because she doesn’t come across as authentic and probably gives the impression that she needs a lot of attention. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Stan39 said:

I think she turns off guys pretty quickly because she doesn’t come across as authentic and probably gives the impression that she needs a lot of attention. 

I also think the baby talk has gotten annoying to the guys.

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

[RE: Caro] I also think the baby talk has gotten annoying to the guys.

Hah... I had just quoted to say the exact same thing. I would be out of any conversation/plans with Caro after hearing that. #redflag #justsayno

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Stan39 said:

I think your points are valid, but Caro is also telling guys she’s into them (when she probably isn’t) and getting upset/annoyed when the guys aren’t giving her attention. Yes, maybe none of the guys are her type, but she’s also not coming across well. As Weston pointed out to her, if a guy went around doing what she does he’d be labeled a player. I think she turns off guys pretty quickly because she doesn’t come across as authentic and probably gives the impression that she needs a lot of attention. 

Very true.  I wonder if she's so afraid of not finding anyone that she's trying everyone.

2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I also think the baby talk has gotten annoying to the guys.

Honestly, I could deal with everything that is extra about Caro if she cut out the baby voice.  IDK who told her it was cute, but they lied.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, OnceSane said:

The point of the show is to get voted the most popular couple at the end.

There are multiple paths to achieve this. You could find someone compatible immediately like Zac/Elizabeth or you could be an endearing singleton who finally finds the right match towards the end. A lot depends on the personalities involved. What if Z/E were totally into each other, but the audience hated them? 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Stan39 said:

I think your points are valid, but Caro is also telling guys she’s into them (when she probably isn’t)

Which led to the great scene of Caro baby-talking, "I'm weally stawting to wike you!" at Cormac, him looking around in a panic and announcing he had to pee as he tried to flee the couch. I don't feel bad for her though since she clearly did not like him at all. When Kyra announced that they were saving her, Caro didn't even look at Cormac; she just ran back to the group and thanked them. Even Christen let Yamen weird-kiss her goodbye.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, JKLM said:

Wondering if Cormac and Christen hit it off on the flight home. Could see them joining the mile high club...

I definitely think he preferred her over Caro.   

• Love 1
On 7/21/2019 at 5:04 PM, Stan39 said:

After hearing Kyra talk about Weston, it’s too bad she only thinks of him as a friend. I think if those two paired up they’d be a great couple and probably win this thing. 

Kyra has commitment issues. It's most of her problem with Cash. Weston is probably the most ready to settle down of the guys.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, xfuse said:

Kyra has commitment issues.

Indeed. She seems to be one of those girls constantly bouncing back and for hedging her bets and sending mixed signals. It's that "come here come here come here, get away get away get away" approach that would drive me crazy. I'm sure she has long breakups bouncing between "broken up" and "giving it another try".

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Indeed. She seems to be one of those girls constantly bouncing back and for hedging her bets and sending mixed signals. It's that "come here come here come here, get away get away get away" approach that would drive me crazy. I'm sure she has long breakups bouncing between "broken up" and "giving it another try".

And she’s hot enough that guys will put up with it, so she’s never really under any pressure to change. 

• Love 3