Type keyword(s) to search

S01: Week 2: July 15, 2019-July 19, 2019

• Start Topic

Mallory really doesn’t know why she doesn’t meet anyone IRL? It’s because she just sits there like a log and puts every guy in the friendzone without giving them a chance. I really hope a cute fun girl comes in for Weston because he seems like a good guy. Someone needs to tell Mallory that John Mayer is an asshole and if she thinks she’ll settle down and marry a guy like that then she needs to change her expectations (not her location). 

• Love 5

I've watched 3 seasons of Love Island UK. And I liked it enough to give the US version a shot.  It's great to have on in the background when multitasking with work or house cleaning 🙂 I can be a bit distracted and still not miss much. The announcer was my favorite part of the UK version as I found myself laughing out loud quite a few times. He was hilarious.

For now, I find myself overly concerned with Alana's wig and the odds of it staying in the villa as long as she does. We've had some severe weather here this evening so I've missed a bit of the show due to the interruptions. I'll have to catch up and watch it on demand later.

• Love 3

Well I was expecting probably two new girls but then Caro (like) completely morphed into (like) a new person. And gave (like) Cormac (like) one of the most confusing messages about, like, something about that new hair being like her not being her and he shouldn't (like) like it or something. Anyone able to (like) translate that one? Oh and (like) she (like) totally looks like (like) Maya Rudolphs daughter now... (sorry I can't stop the likes anymore!). So we really got three new "girls".

Best announcer moment of the evening "I guess some of these dollies might be partin'"

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

It happens on all these shows, so I can’t fault Mallory too much, but I never understand the person who waits until AFTER they lose control in the game to “dump” someone. Mallory recouples with Weston, she now knows the next time the guys will be choosing and there are probably more women coming, why choose that moment to tell him you’re just friends? I guess it’s nice to be honest, but then she starts freaking out at the idea Weston might leave her for another girl after she tells him she’s not interested in him. Seems like she could wait a little bit and see if she meshes with a guy before having that convo. 

• Love 5

I watched most of the episode last night. It's becoming a show that I might watch but if I'm busy during the 8pm timeslot, I probably won't. 

Caro turned into another skinny straight haired model-like contestant/whatever they call these people, and I don't like it. They took away the beauty of her curls to turn her into a clone of all the other girls and I hate it. I actually didn't know who she was for a while when I flipped channels about 20 minutes in to watch. What explanation did they give to Caro straightening her hair/getting an entirely new hairstyle? Was it her choice, or the producers' choice?

I loved her hair and thought that she stood out because of it. Now, I can't tell Kyra from Caro from Alexandra. Even Elizabeth and Mallory look too alike for me. 

I did get a good laugh at the two new girls coming in and the boys completely entranced by them. If they can shake things up, then good.

Who was it that told Caro off about her flip flopping with guys? I can't remember from last night, but I thought it was an awesome smack-down without getting mean about it. 

Yamen and Alana clearly aren't meant to be a couple, so I hope the next new guy that comes in is a good match for Alana.

Mallory is completely forgettable to me out of all the women so I don't really care if she doesn't find a man by the end of the week and gets kicked out.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I watched most of the episode last night. It's becoming a show that I might watch but if I'm busy during the 8pm timeslot, I probably won't. 

Caro turned into another skinny straight haired model-like contestant/whatever they call these people, and I don't like it. They took away the beauty of her curls to turn her into a clone of all the other girls and I hate it. I actually didn't know who she was for a while when I flipped channels about 20 minutes in to watch. What explanation did they give to Caro straightening her hair/getting an entirely new hairstyle? Was it her choice, or the producers' choice?

I loved her hair and thought that she stood out because of it. Now, I can't tell Kyra from Caro from Alexandra. Even Elizabeth and Mallory look too alike for me. 

I did get a good laugh at the two new girls coming in and the boys completely entranced by them. If they can shake things up, then good.

Who was it that told Caro off about her flip flopping with guys? I can't remember from last night, but I thought it was an awesome smack-down without getting mean about it. 

Yamen and Alana clearly aren't meant to be a couple, so I hope the next new guy that comes in is a good match for Alana.

Mallory is completely forgettable to me out of all the women so I don't really care if she doesn't find a man by the end of the week and gets kicked out.

Caro put on a wig for the party (so it’s not permanent) because she wanted to have fun, then chastised Cormac for liking it for some strange reason. She wants him to like her for her, but part of who she is is apparently someone who likes wearing wigs. Idk, seems like a dick move to tell someone they can’t have fun or enjoy a part of your life. 

And Weston was the one telling her to stop bouncing from guy-to-guy and to actually try giving one guy a legitimate chance. And he’s right, if a guy did what she was doing all the girls would label him as a player trying to game the system (which she may be doing). 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Caro put on a wig for the party (so it’s not permanent) because she wanted to have fun, then chastised Cormac for liking it for some strange reason. She wants him to like her for her, but part of who she is is apparently someone who likes wearing wigs. Idk, seems like a dick move to tell someone they can’t have fun or enjoy a part of your life. 

And Weston was the one telling her to stop bouncing from guy-to-guy and to actually try giving one guy a legitimate chance. And he’s right, if a guy did what she was doing all the girls would label him as a player trying to game the system (which she may be doing). 

Ah, ok! Yeah, I was flipping back and forth between this and another show so I didn't catch everything.

I thought that was Weston, but I was unsure.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Ah, ok! Yeah, I was flipping back and forth between this and another show so I didn't catch everything.

I thought that was Weston, but I was unsure.

It was particularly confusing because Weston was giving her advice on how to improve her relationship with Cormac, then it would cut to a talking head of Caro going on about how attracted she is to Weston. She clearly just wants attention from all the men and doesn’t really like any of them. The only thing keeping her likeable is that she’s not throwing tantrums or being catty. Yet. 

• Love 4

Now that Yamen is talking more, I like him less. That conversation he had with Alana about how much she'd grown and how proud he was of her was patronizing but also creepy because he's talking to her like he's her dad and then they start kissing. Also, Alana says that she's never had a boyfriend, but I'm beginning to wonder if she's ever dated at all because every time she and Yamen kiss, she makes this, "ooooh, so that's what it's like! I plan to do this a lot" face. Last week, Yamen made that face too, but it was when he was eating a pudding cup.

Other than the pudding and random chips or fruit, it is kind of weird that we never see them eat a meal. Even the dates are sad little affairs where they go sit 50 feet away from everyone else and drink wine and have a plate of cheese and cake that looks like leftovers from the Craft Services table. And "The Hideaway"! That was just sad, but at least it clears up the mystery of what happened to all the wall art at Tower Records when they went out of business.

Mallory: I only chose you to be nice. I like you, but I don't, like, like-like you."
Weston: That's cool. We're friends.
Mallory: We're JUST friends.
Weston: I feel the same way.
Mallory: HOW DARE YOU!

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

Now that Yamen is talking more, I like him less. That conversation he had with Alana about how much she'd grown and how proud he was of her was patronizing but also creepy because he's talking to her like he's her dad and then they start kissing. Also, Alana says that she's never had a boyfriend, but I'm beginning to wonder if she's ever dated at all because every time she and Yamen kiss, she makes this, "ooooh, so that's what it's like! I plan to do this a lot" face. Last week, Yamen made that face too, but it was when he was eating a pudding cup.

Other than the pudding and random chips or fruit, it is kind of weird that we never see them eat a meal. Even the dates are sad little affairs where they go sit 50 feet away from everyone else and drink wine and have a plate of cheese and cake that looks like leftovers from the Craft Services table. And "The Hideaway"! That was just sad, but at least it clears up the mystery of what happened to all the wall art at Tower Records when they went out of business.

Mallory: I only chose you to be nice. I like you, but I don't, like, like-like you."
Weston: That's cool. We're friends.
Mallory: We're JUST friends.
Weston: I feel the same way.
Mallory: HOW DARE YOU!

I heard that on shows like the Bachelor when they go on dates they eat first then film a mock dinner date so they can have their conversations. Apparently watching people eat and talk isn’t very appealing to viewers. It kind of explains how people can actually fall for each other on these shows. I’ve always found reality TV dates awkward, because I don’t think people talk about love bad relationships on “first dates”, you talk about common interests, music, sports, current events, joke around. I can see them doing this over dinner then having these “scripted” conversations for TV. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I like this show.  It's so entertaining.  I had a smile on my face almost the whole time.

God help me, I like Dylan.  He's so pretty.  He was so pretty in the water competition.

Caro changing her hair and then ripping Cormac a new one for liking it?  hahahahahahhahahahahahahaha.  I have a friend like this, who turns every compliment into an insult.  It's definitely a type of insecurity.  

I was surprised at how Cashel spoke to Kira.  That was so weird.  I thought he actually liked her?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I was surprised at how Cashel spoke to Kira.  That was so weird.  I thought he actually liked her?

He was just as affectionate with Caro though. Guy thinks he's a player, which is hilarious to me.

I forgot to mention Weston and Zac taking a bath together and how funny it was when they were trying to arrange their legs so they wouldn't accidentally touch something.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, fishcakes said:

I forgot to mention Weston and Zac taking a bath together and how funny it was when they were trying to arrange their legs so they wouldn't accidentally touch something.

I thought that was the best part of the episode.

Yamen treats Alana like a little step-sister who has a crush on him.  Of course, she's clueless.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 6
(edited)
9 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Was Caro's original hair really her natural hair?  I wasn't sure because so many of these women wear wigs nowadays and sometimes I can't tell.

I remember her saying early on that she was embracing her (natural) hair. So I think the curly was her natural hair but then the wig came out so maybe she's retreated on that front? It really was her most second most identifying feature so I was really confused. And yes, she told Carnac The Magnificent that he wasn't allowed to enjoy her wearing the wig. I guess she's the only one that gets to change her hair for fun? It was all sooo confusing. Speaking of looking like Maya Rudoph in a wig I am now required to post this clip from Seth Myers' show.

Anyhow, I too loved the actual real advice from Weston that she's the one pushing people away with her actions and she needs to act more seriously about her relationships if she expects to then be taken seriously.

7 hours ago, fishcakes said:

He really seems like a 40 year old hanging out with people FAR too young for him. And I don't mean that in a "oh he's so wise with all that life experience" kind of way I mean that in creepy older guy at a club kind of way. He's bugged me from the get-go with his grand over-reactions to things. Now his "Oh, okay, okay, I can handle that." reactions to Alana kissing him are totally skeevy.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 4
53 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

He really seems like a 40 year old hanging out with people FAR too young for him. And I don't mean that in a "oh he's so wise with all that life experience" kind of way I mean that in creepy older guy at a club kind of way. He's bugged me from the getgo with his grand over-reactions to things. Now his "Oh, okay, okay, I can handle that." reactions to Alana kissing him are totally skeevy.

I agree, there is something so unnatural about his demeanor. Poor Alana, I would have NO idea how to react to him.

• Love 2
(edited)

I feel like Yamen shows gay panic AND straight panic.  Whenever anyone wants to kiss him, the TERROR in his eyes is just so real.  He seems kinda repressed or something.  (And I say this as someone who's been accused of being repressed!)  I'm confused as to why he's here.  Maybe he's asexual, which is totally fine!  It's just that he's going to be bored on this show.

"Closed legs, but open mind, open heart."  - Katrina.  LOL.   

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
35 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I feel like Yamen shows gay panic AND straight panic.

The gay panic was massive, he almost toppled back over in his seat to run away... but yeah there's something odd about his whole demeanor. I too would like to 'poke around' and see what is up with him.

EDIT: Funny how we're talking about how strange Yeman is and then he's on both new girls' radars instantly. And again, the rolling/popping out eyes and everything from the King of Overreaction.

Also, isn't BB Winston too old for this? Talk about the creepy older guy in the club... when I heard he was coming in I was thinking "To host a comp you mean?"

Speaking of which have you ever seen LESS of a show's "host"??

"pooping out" eyes are VERY different from 'popping' out eyes... #kingoftypos
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

Two things:

Yamen says he supports the Toronto Raptors (ahhhhhhhhhhh.  Now I have to root for him to win the whole thing) and he FINALLY said something REAL when he said "I just want to be infatuated with somebody."  Okay.  Maybe we're getting somewhere with this teenage mutant ninja turtle and his SHELL!

I'm soooooooooo glad Kristen picked Yamen and not freaking Cashel.  Cashel thinks he's the shiiiiiiiiit.  With his fucking overalls!  I can't take it!  "I'm a vibes based person."  He is the reason people hate my generation!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 6
(edited)

Due to bad weather I watched last nights and tonight’s episodes today.

When did Caro want to try to be Cardi B? I also hate that high voice thing that she does. I honestly don’t get what the big deal with her is. I liked the fact that Weston told her what a flirt she’s being.  She seems like one of those girls who doesn’t like to be alone. Cormac is growing on me and I feel like he deserves better. 

I kinda hope that one of the new girls gets with Yamen. Alana is trying but, it’s just not going to happen. It’s also not doing to happen with Mallory and Weston so, Katrina should go for him. 

It’s funny because when the two new guys came in all of the girls were excited and now with the two new girls it’s just crickets. This is a reality show, did you really think that you were “It?”

Edited by TroopinFairy
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, Stan39 said:

It seemed like Caro thought Cormac was more interested in her when she sported straight hair, like her natural hair wasn't attractive enough.  Which, given amount of shit black women get about their hair, natural or not, is understandable.  However, I think she was overreacting in this situation.  As she does.  I want to like Caro, but she's so unnecessarily extra it's tough.  I did like Weston's straight-shooter approach with her.  He laid it out and I hope she listens.  I do think that 50% of her outlandishness is her desire to be on TV while fearing she'll leave at any moment because she has no real connection with any of the guys.

• Love 6
(edited)

Of course I understand Caro wants someone to like her for her natural hair ----- but why did she wear the wig then?  And then go up to a man and say WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS?  Of course Cormac's going to think the classy thing is to compliment it - what else would he say?

Caro confronts Cormac at LEAST once an episode in a very antagonistic way.  She's never said something that wasn't confrontational, negative, or kind of threatening towards him.

Cormac tried to compliment her by saying "I'm glad that you're here.... because if you weren't.... I'd be (bored or whatever)".  Caro IMMEDIATELY cuts him off and says "YEAH BECAUSE IF I DIDN'T PICK YOU YOU WOULDN'T EVEN BE ON THIS SHOW."  Jesus, woman.  Is that your idea of flirting?

Cormac is absolutely not my cup of tea, but he's only ever tried to be nice to Caro while she's always shut it down by saying something pretty rude to him.  So he just politely tolerates her now, which honestly, is pretty nice of him considering.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 11

Caro and her baby voice can loose me. She is trying to be the next Cardi B with her weird isms and baby talk.  Cardi does a lot of strange voices and sounds, check out her Instagram. I have little doubt Caro wouldn't be doing all that if Cardi B didn't exist. So she is not authentic at all.  She is all boobs and hair, insecurity, and very little substance. Best part of all? Episode one Cashel clearly had pink eye. Sleeps and cuddles with Caro. Episode 2...Caro with no eye makeup and pink eye!! LOL! Thankfully the eye bacteria cluster epidemic stopped there.

Like when Alexander and like Dylan like talk about like whatever, its so like epic I like can't take all the like cuteness. (hurl).

Cristen is striking. I look forward to seeing what happens with Yeman. Alana is cute but is VERY inexperienced, and with a dude like Yeman, his eye is going to wander to the next pretty girl that has more game.

So tired of Mallory. She did nothing to change her outcome. I would not be upset if she and her inflated lips are cut next. 

• Love 9

Yeah, Caro just doesn't seem to know what she wants, other than the fact that she wants to stay. But if she keeps acting like this with all of the guys, none of them are going to pick her. Cormac's eyes are already wandering away from her. And honestly, it's all on Caro. She has been so flighty and flirty that it makes sense as to why none of the guys really know where her head is at. She doesn't seem to know where her head is at.

I will say, the Katrina/Zac quick scene where they were kind of wingmanning each other was cool to see. The speed dating stuff was decent and I got a better feel of the guys in general.

Yamen is probably jumping up and down in his head for Christen picking him. Same with Weston and Katrina. Mallory seems like a nasty person, so I'd love for her to leave. She doesn't like Weston and isn't connecting with any of the other guys, so she can go. Alana seems nice, but she is way too young and inexperienced for this show. Yamen absolutely is not interested in her and she doesn't get that. 

Dylan is another good wingman to Christen, it seems. Dylan and Zac seem like decent guys. It really does seem like they like the ladies they are with and that might not change for the rest of the season (so lucky Alexandra and Elizabeth who, unless their eyes wander, should keep their guys for a while).

As for the new girls, I really like Katrina. I also am growing to like Christen. I like that she's no nonsense and isn't afraid to shake up the house. But they better keep any matches away from her (since Christen did set her roommate's bed on fire once). 

I'm so in for tonight's episode with new guy Winston. Having seen him on Big Brother 20, he was my mancrush last season. Paranoid but a sweet guy. I'm not sure if he's exciting enough for this show, but then again, most of the guys are boring anyway. At least I get my eye candy with Winston back. I don't even know who he'll be drawn to. Maybe Kyra? With Cashew being such a player and his eyes wandering away from Kyra, I'd much prefer her start to look elsewhere.

12 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Also, isn't BB Winston too old for this? Talk about the creepy older guy in the club... when I heard he was coming in I was thinking "To host a comp you mean?"

Heh. Winston is 29, which was the exact age of the first guy dumped from this show. Most of the women are about 25 (besides Alana, who is 21, Caro, who is 21, and Kyra, who is 22). So...I guess we'll see? 

I'd be happy with Mallory going this week...or Caro. I don't think Caro is making any genuine connections. 

• Love 8

CTV Canada has a Saturday night show on called Love Island After Sun which is a live audience show about the week.   They had a couple guys on from the UK version.  They asked them about the women in the house.  The one guy said he was first attracted to Caro.  Then she started with the baby talk and it was a complete turnoff to him.  The other guy liked Mallory.  Everyone was surprised by anyone liking her.  But he has a thing for blondes.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I'm an episode behind here. I like that Caro is not catty with the women and understands the game in that sense, but her interactions with the men are so cringy. That baby voice and the flighty mannerisms are irritating and she's been especially rude to Cormac with her hot and cold behaviour. She went around telling people that there was nothing between them, then she picks him and says she wanted to 'try' but this is after she friend-zoned him and then she's upset that he isn't 'trying' as well.  She's upset that he's likely waiting for new girls to arrive but she's in the same boat. She's waiting on new guys to arrive to set her sights on...at this point, she's just doing what she needs to stick around for it. 

Mallory needs to go. She friend zones Weston, and then had an immediate reaction to hearing that he also didn't feel anything for her and then she gets insecure when the other girls come in. She's likely more threatened about her spot on the show than she is about Weston giving them any attention but Mallory seems like that snobby girl that expects the guy to do all of the work and to be fawning over her. She hasn't really tried with anyone and the moment someone actually chose her for something (her date with Dylan..is that his name), the first thing she does is fish for compliments, asking why he chose her to come on the date.

I don't really get Yamen and right now, his appeal is based on the fact that some of these women just want to uncover some of the aloofness he's got going on. Doesn't necessarily mean they'll like what they find. I did like his interaction with Katrina. It was the most human-ness I saw from him outside of him just hanging out with the guys. Both the new girls are gorgeous and seem really chill but Christen does have a badass yet sweet vibe to her that I like.  Was happy she didn't choose Chasel because for certain he would have been pumping his own tires. 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

He really seems like a 40 year old hanging out with people FAR too young for him. And I don't mean that in a "oh he's so wise with all that life experience" kind of way I mean that in creepy older guy at a club kind of way. He's bugged me from the get-go with his grand over-reactions to things. Now his "Oh, okay, okay, I can handle that." reactions to Alana kissing him are totally skeevy.

He does seem like an immature old guy, but I'm not sure why. I had to check his age last week because he seemed so much older than Alana and I was surprised to find out he's only 24. And ever since he went all bug-eyed over the Jello pudding, I keep seeing Cosby when I look at him, which isn't helping either.

14 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

"Closed legs, but open mind, open heart."  - Katrina.  LOL.   

Haha. I love her. I kind of like Christen too, but she does seem to have a scary edge so finding out that she's an arsonist isn't a surprise. Mostly I like that these two sound like adults. There's a "like" peppered in here and there with them, but not the constant like like like like that you get with everyone else.

14 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'm soooooooooo glad Kristen picked Yamen and not freaking Cashel.  Cashel thinks he's the shiiiiiiiiit.  With his fucking overalls!  I can't take it!  "I'm a vibes based person."  He is the reason people hate my generation!

Cashel went from sad little dude who no one stepped forward for to oily douchelord in only four episodes. I think the editors hate him too. They cut right from that delusional confessional where he said he wanted Christen to pick him so he could show her, "like, how dope ... I ... am" to him sitting there in his Huckleberry Finn outfit eating his Cap'n Crunch. The only thing that could have made the overalls more perfect is if he'd unhooked one of the straps.

I'm not sure now about the numbers. There are five couples, two extra women, and a new man coming in? So that means a woman will be eliminated next? I'd be fine with Mallory leaving since she's probably only on the show in the hopes that John Mayer will be watching and will call her. Good luck with that, Mal! Also I'm really starting to like Weston because so far he seems well-adjusted and nice and she's being pretty shitty about him, so she can go. I'm hoping Katrina will pick him, but I don't think he was one of the ones she was interested in.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

She hasn't really tried with anyone and the moment someone actually chose her for something (her date with Dylan..is that his name), the first thing she does is fish for compliments, asking why he chose her to come on the date.

Re: Mallory

Yes!  That's what I meant earlier, when I said that it was very weird for Mallory to coyly ask Dylan "Why did you ask me on this date?"  Well let's see, the show forced him to, there was only 4 women left, and 2 of them are very much coupled up, and he had already BEEN on a date, so that leaves you.  I thought that was a very weird question to ask, but this will make me look like I'm over-thinking it.  LOL.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Cashel went from sad little dude who no one stepped forward for to oily douchelord in only four episodes. I think the editors hate him too. They cut right from that delusional confessional where he said he wanted Christen to pick him so he could show her, "like, how dope ... I ... am" to him sitting there in his Huckleberry Finn outfit eating his Cap'n Crunch. The only thing that could have made the overalls more perfect is if he'd unhooked one of the straps.

With Cormac reminding me of Vanilla Ice and Cashel wearing douche-veralls, I am getting a lot of nostalgia for bad 90's fashion.

Christen/Kristen (?) she seems okay, but she seems very ....... unfriendly.  I don't blame her, but she probably doesn't realize how she comes off.  I like how straightforward, honest, mature she seems but she just stares people down.  Caro was right about that.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Crazydoxielady said:

So tired of Mallory. She did nothing to change her outcome. I would not be upset if she and her inflated lips are cut next. 

Agreed.  I don't know if it's a case of "reject them before they reject me" or if she really does think she's all that.  She just seems so sour all. the. time.  One minute, Weston likes her too much, the next she's worried that he's moving on...Mallory aka Puffy Cameron Diaz can go anytime.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Mostly I like that these two sound like adults. There's a "like" peppered in here and there with them, but not the constant like like like like that you get with everyone else.

Yes!  I noticed that with Christen and Katrina.  They actually sounded like adults.  I hope they keep it up.

1 hour ago, leocadia said:

.Mallory aka Puffy Cameron Diaz can go anytime.

I knew she reminded me of someone!  Only thing is, Mallory has a dent face but other than that she does look like Cameron Diaz.

I'm kinda disappointed in Cashel because initially I thought he was a nice guy but now he comes off as a douche.  Also, I don't know why he thinks he's so hot because he isn't; he just looks ok.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Suzysite said:

Where the heck is the alleged host of this show? She's not even there for eliminations. They flew her to Fiji for what?

I know, that's what I was thinking earlier... she should be, like, hosting these games at least as she is the "host", right? It makes no sense. Retro ETA: And then she wasn't there for the recoupling either??? Seriously, did they fire her when they realized the narrator could do it all via texts? WTF show?

Alana just said that coming up to the recoupling she "I literally feel like I'm just living it as it happens." *blank stare* So.... as opposed to living it 5 minutes ahead of time like you usually do?

Added the italicized info...
  • Love 4

Feel bad for Alana. Don’t feel bad for Mallory. What a brat. Totally self absorbed and petty, wanting Weston to keep her as a friend so she could dump HIM as soon as “John Mayer” walks in?! “It sucks I didn’t meet anybody.” Um, yes you did. You actually met a lot of guys, and you gave zero effort. Bye. 

• Love 7

Mallory was having a big case of "it's all about ME though!"-itis. She can't beleive the guy she specifically put in the friend zone didn't "save" her when someone that he had a spark with ceme in. She would have done the same in a second and not felt bad about it.

And I guess with cell phones you don't need hosts anymore.

• Love 4
On 7/15/2019 at 9:50 PM, Wandering Snark said:

Well I was expecting probably two new girls but then Caro (like) completely morphed into (like) a new person. And gave (like) Cormac (like) one of the most confusing messages about, like, something about that new hair being like her not being her and he shouldn't (like) like it or something. Anyone able to (like) translate that one? Oh and (like) she (like) totally looks like (like) Maya Rudolphs daughter now... (sorry I can't stop the likes anymore!). So we really got three new "girls".

Best announcer moment of the evening "I guess some of these dollies might be partin'"

The worst!  I was watching Cormac talk and counted over 30 (like)'s in under 90 seconds.  I was thinking about if it'd been a shot game and how we'd all be dead!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Alana was too young, so I'm not sad to see her go.  Mallory thought she was all that, flinging that blonde hair around.  She found out she wasn't.

I'm still impressed and thankful that Christen and Katrina don't "like" us to death.

• Love 4

Alana really showed her age by stomping off after she wasn’t chosen. Maybe that’s one of the reasons why she’s never been in an actual relationship. Mallory was just mad that she couldn’t stay to meet a new guy and than blow off Weston for him. 

I’m only watching my second season of BB this year so, I don’t know anything about Winston. 

Can we PLEASE get rid of Caro! How is she still here? 

• Love 2

Alanna?  That "some sort of way you're feeling"?  It's called jealousy.  I get that is the way the young 'uns speak these days, but not verbalizing something does not make it any less true.

I guess I appreciate that these people aren't playing to "win" the money, since I think Yamen and Alanna could have gone all the way if they cared to fake a connection.  She obviously isn't ready for anything beyond casual dating at this point, so it's probably best that he cut her now before she got any more attached.  Whether she actually felt it or not, it was great of her to say that she would never feel bad for caring about someone.  That is actually a mature attitude, I just don't think she's emotionally there even if she is intellectually.

I'm happy Cashew is getting a little friction via the Winston/Kyra date.  He seems to get smarmier by the minute and I think she deserves someone better.

• Love 3
(edited)

Mallory is.... the worst.

Alana is just gorgeous.  All the best for her.  The poor kid really liked Yamen!  I just want her to meet a lot of new men.

Poor Alana NEVER could read Yamen's signals.  She even kissed him at the end of the show and Yamen's face was like "No god no" and then "Oh god why."  He even wiped his mouth.

Cashel made a big show about wanting to meet the two new women and only crawled back to Kyra because neither of them liked him.  

Kyra:  "I feel like that's so like, weird, because I haven't been open about it but like, there's been like, like issues."

VER.BAT.IM.  I didn't add anything to it.

Issues?  Maybe communication?

The guys must all tell each other what women they'll pick, because if Cormac wanted to jump to Mallory he could have and would have, I would think.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I can’t get too worked up over any of these “relationships”.  All of them, even the ones introduced with normal jobs, are there for the entertainment industry exposure. If you google them, you will turn up a modeling agency profile or some other indication that they are looking for fame, not love. Even sweet, innocent Alana has a music career she’s trying to promote.

• Useful 3