Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E22: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

I finally got the watch the reunion last night and I must say, I didn't think Camille was that bad. She answered the questions Andy asked her about the divorce and didn't apologize for raking in the money after being married to (and publicly cheated on by) a difficult man. I honestly didn't think the bon bon and working comments were a dig at Denise at all. 

I'm still not a Camille fan but she gets a pass from me on that bit.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
15 minutes ago, Beachdreamer said:

The whole divorce settlement discussion is a great example of what sets LVP apart from everyone else.  She would never have attempted to justify anything.  She would have said, "Dahling I'm worth every penny."  Or, "That was a bargain, I'm worth so much more, " or something queenly like that and ended the whole thing.

I too thought LVP would have responded with humor. Unfortunately Camille doesn’t have her quick wit.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
(edited)
11 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

On the topic of Rinna and money. She has been working a very very long time and she admits how well she does on QVC and how much money she does make with them. Don’t underestimate the money you can make off of bored housewives at 2am on a shopping channel. There is a reason people would kill to have their products on that channel.. you can make A lot of money if you can get on. Not to mention investment that the Uber wealthy do. So her money is always making money for her this is what a lot of people aren’t grasping and thinking just cause she’s not acting as much she must be hurting for money. No this is why they invest in stocks and so on so they don’t have to work as much. You can knock the woman for Tons of shit but she’s a hustler who is constantly thinking of how to make money. So yes she might not be as in demand for acting jobs but she’s definitely not hurting for money.  

She hustles! They've also invested a lot in alternative energies, things becoming popular now. Rinna bugs but I don't know how anyone could discount her hustling. Also for Hollywood, they live simply by everyone else's standards. I love the Hamlin house, it's homey. Their boutiques were well done but except for famous owners, both boutique locations stocked the same exact brands all the Robertson boutiques did. Now they might have more success with social media being what it is. 

Camille might not be witty or quick but she helped make millions with Grammer Productions. She seems to be well liked by those in her real life, fan encounters. I'd like to know what she's like with her guard down. Even when she's shown to behaving a good time it seems that if a camera is on her, her guard is up. 

I keep reading that LVP needs the shows for business. I guess I'm in the minority because I think she would be fine. She had a big house, fancy cars before the show. It might hurt some of the spin off places but I don't think she's going to be penniless and living in a Louboutin box if her shows or fame goes away. 

Edited by LemonSoda
Edited to add: Camille
  • Love 17
10 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

"If LVP was saying, "It's done, I do not want to discuss it" and Teddi is sitting there like "Well, do you recognize the dog?"  I'd be totally confused".... That wasn't Teddie saying do you recognize this dog that was JON he shoved it towards Kyle with that smirk on his face and kept asking do you know this dog?

No, Teddi started it.  When they first walked in, Teddi said "Is that the dog?" When they were standing over by the counter.  LVP tried to hush things up at that point.  Some conversation ensued and Sessa and Teddi seemed kind of peeved.  Then they moved over towards the couch and everyone was sitting down, at which point Teddi turns to her daughter (Teddi's daughter, I mean, I can't remember her name), and says "Do you recognize this dog?" 

That is what reintroduced it and let the story come out.  This is how Kyle "found out."  Sessa had the dog out, true.  But if Teddi hadn't asked if it was the dog in the first place and then followed up by asking her daughter if she recognized the dog, then none of the rest of the situation wouldn't happen.  LVP tried to shut it down firmly when they were standing.  She tried again when they were sitting.  She was also quite emphatic after that the situation was over, Dorit meant no harm.  Then she physically left the area and went upstairs to stop the conversation.  This was Teddi and Kyle's work.  

• Love 19
On 7/18/2019 at 12:43 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Richer then any of them? are we pretending like they are destitute and have nothing. no home, no job, no money, no husband and only Lisa does and they all hate her for it cause that's not the case  ...and Lisa is just as dependent  on bravo with her restaurants and bars ...... without these shows she has no advertising and no one coming in to see her or her staff because of the show .. STOP acting like she doesn't need bravo just as much as each of these ladies cause she does if she wants to continue to keep her bars and restaurants  open with free publicity  ... no one wants to be Lisa V sorry they are all happy being themselves 

Before RH, Lisa and Ken had opened over 60 restaurants and clubs.  Most they sold soon after getting them established.  The longest they held any property was two years.  They made millions on property turnovers.  Since RH, because of the publicity, they’ve held onto Sur, etc.  Without this show, they would have continued with their former business pattern.  Lvp doesn’t need Bravo for her businesses, she’s enjoyed the relative fame to promote her work with dogs and lgbt issues.  Plus, I would think, as a sometime actress, she enjoyed the celebrity.

• Useful 2
  • Love 20
On 7/18/2019 at 4:44 PM, princelina said:

I thought LVP was supposed to do B&J's wedding, but due to the death of her mother Lance Bass stepped in at the last minute.

Not quite. Jax and Brittany had her homophobic transphobic bigot of a pastor officiating the wedding. Viewers kept bringing up his bigotry to Jax and Brittany on social media for months to only have Jax and Brittany roll their eyes at viewers' concerns. So when they knew Vanderpump Rules would be filming their Pride episodes, viewers hit up Bravo, LVP, SUR, Pump, TomTom, Andy Cohen, Jax, and Brittany on social media to explain how fucked up it was to have this bigot officiating a wedding for two people who claim to care about the queer community. Boom! He was gone. What became abundantly clear during the last season of Vanderpump Rules is don't fuck with LVP's money. LVP was going to officiate then her mother died. Lance stepped in after that.

23 hours ago, film noire said:

Your memory is pretty on point, RH ;  )  Back in February,  this story made the rounds: 

"The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star admits she asked Bravo and Housewives executive producer Andy Cohen for a year off the show, following the April 2018 death of her brother, Mark, who died by suicide, before ultimately filming the upcoming ninth season. “[Andy] said, 'You know, I think we should've given you a year off when you asked for it...He said, 'I don't think you were in a mental state where you were really prepared to deal with it..."

https://www.etonline.com/lisa-vanderpump-wishes-she-had-taken-a-year-off-from-rhobh-exclusive-118906

Same deal a month ago, when LVP was on RuPaul's talk show:  “I actually did say, and we talked about it with Andy [Cohen] on Watch What Happens Live — he said: ‘I wish I’d given you the year off,’ ” she recalls. “

https://people.com/tv/lisa-vanderpump-wishes-she-took-year-off-real-housewives/

I have no problem believing Cohen rebuffed LVP, fearing it would lose them ratings, $$ - as well as set a precedent for other cast members  - because as bad as the very worst housewives are, they are moral giants compared to the radioactive cockroach that is Andy fucking Cohen.  

The two Housewives things that Andy Cohen is the most bitter about are the delay in airing season 5 of RHoNY and the delay in NJ waiting for Teresa to get released from prison. Both delays caused huge audience erosions and took years to recover. So when LVP comes to him asking for a year off, I'm sure they had some very rushed conversations to try to figure out if they needed to delay the entire season, demote LVP to allow her to show up as needed, or cut her from the cast entirely.

Vanderpump Rules is a little different than RHoBH; it doesn't require as much from LVP. She doesn't need to have her own storylines. She had to show up to oversee work on TomTom, fire James, have a heart to heart James' garbage mother, and show up at the TomTom opening. I don't think her brother's death was really addressed during Vanderpump Rules because the show doesn't require her to be that candid. Her brother died on April 30th. Vanderpump Rules usually starts filming mid May, but they delayed until June 1. LVP seemed a little bit more sad, but you couldn't really see any difference in her.

I think the smartest choice would have been to stick LVP into that weird friend+ role Camille seems to occupy. LVP could have had the women attend the TomTom opening, she could have gone to some events in the LA area, but she didn't have to travel. Luann's best season was her friend of season because a lot of the pressure was off of her. LVP needed the space to not have to drag herself to everything if she didn't want to.

This might actually be a learning opportunity for the whole franchise. Heather Thomson was so strange for the first half of season 5. She was a newbie AND her dad died 3 days before her first day of filming. They should have postponed with her. It took until season 8 of RHoNY for them to start filming fake scenes to slot into earlier footage to pretend like there wasn't a delay. Had they given LVP a bit of a breather, they could have done the same with her. Ryan Seacrest productions like KUwtK and Shahs do it all the time.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

She couldn't and wouldn't do that tho... Her restaurants and bars depend to much on the free publicity that these shows give her and if she did that she would have lost everything

37 minutes ago, Pattycake2 said:

Before RH, Lisa and Ken had opened over 60 restaurants and clubs.  Most they sold soon after getting them established.  The longest they held any property was two years.  They made millions on property turnovers.  Since RH, because of the publicity, they’ve held onto Sur, etc.  Without this show, they would have continued with their former business pattern.  Lvp doesn’t need Bravo for her businesses, she’s enjoyed the relative fame to promote her work with dogs and lgbt issues.  Plus, I would think, as a sometime actress, she enjoyed the celebrity.

Before Bravo, they used to flip establishments. That's not what they do now and it's a bit disingenuous to pretend like she she'd proceed as she used to a decade ago if she suddenly stepped away from Bravo. She likes the celebrity and she doesn't want to step away. This debacle with the homophobic pastor and LVP bullying Billie Lee into absolving the chucklefucks of anything homo or transphobic that they might have said or done tells you that she doesn't have that latitude to sell and move on. It shouldn't matter if her two random employees have a homophobe officiate their wedding, but it matters if your businesses have become tourist attractions. It matters if you go to see the pandas at the zoo or to Disney World and a plaque says "A portion of the ticket sales go to the Westboro Baptist Church."

She loves that an Oscar winner comes into her restaurant to reenact the title sequence from Vanderpump Rules. Also A+ to JLaw for using a dinglehopper in her hair.

• Love 3
(edited)

Before Bravo, they used to flip establishments. That's not what they do now and it's a bit disingenuous to pretend like she she'd proceedas she used to a decade ago if she suddenly stepped away from Bravo. 

That is not what I said.  I said that if Lisa had not joined RHOBH, they would have continued on that profitable path.  My point was that they don’t need a Bravo to be successful.  But on reflection, if they chose to do so now , what would stop them from creating and selling?

Edited by Pattycake2
  • Love 7
(edited)
On 7/18/2019 at 1:09 PM, RealHousewife said:

She was a kid who came from a humble background and made it in Hollywood.

For  what it's worth, Rinna didn't come from a humble background.

Her father graduated summa cum laude from one of the best art schools in California,  and worked in art direction (they moved to Medford when he became Executive Art Director for Harry and David).  Lois (according to Rinna) was a bit of a fashion follower, who took her daughter on shopping trips to San Fran biannually to buy trendy clothes.  Rinna has said both her parents supported her dreams (her father - traveling for work - would make a point of flying into whatever city Rinna was working in when acting or modeling) and when Rinna dropped out of the acting program at the University of Oregon, it was to become a model, not due to any difficulty paying for the program. She grew up in a family-owned home with a stay-at-home Mom (no need for a second salary) and had braces and nice clothes and Xmas gifts and a university education in the offing, all of which sounds like a solidly middle-class (and culturally varied) childhood to me.  Throw in the kind of loving parental attention that makes you believe in yourself, and I'd call her royally lucky.

On 7/19/2019 at 3:11 AM, smores said:

I don't believe her, though.  (snip only for space)

Excellent deconstruction of the (moral) crime scene, Detective Smores!  

@HunterHunted I think the smartest choice would have been to stick LVP into that weird friend+ role Camille seems to occupy. LVP could have had the women attend the TomTom opening, she could have gone to some events in the LA area, but she didn't have to travel. 

That would have been an excellent solution, Hunter  - LVP would have been on camera enough to keep the audience invested, the other women could have looked supportive of her (while still getting the lion's share of attention) and Dorit, Erika, Teddi, and Kyle might have come out of this seaosn looking better than ever, and not forever tarnished.  

(Clare Voyent, HeavySnaxx, Dosodog and Liza Jane - thank you for your kind words :  ) 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 14
22 minutes ago, film noire said:

Her father graduated summa cum laude from one of the best art schools in California,  and worked in art direction (they moved to Medford when he became Executive Art Director for Harry and David).  Lois (according to Rinna) was a bit of a fashion follower, who took her daughter on shopping trips to San Fran biannually to buy trendy clothes.  Rinna has said both her parents supported her dreams (her father - traveling for work - would make a point of flying into whatever city Rinna was working in when acting or modeling) and when Rinna dropped out of the acting program at the University of Oregon, it was to become a model, not due to any difficulty paying for the program. She grew up in a family-owned home with a stay-at-home Mom (no need for a second salary) and had braces and nice clothes and Xmas gifts and a university education in the offing, all of which sounds like a solidly middle-class (and culturally varied) childhood to me.  Throw in the kind of loving parental attention that makes you believe in yourself, and I'd call her royally lucky.

Thanks for the background on Rinna. And I agree...she's a very lucky woman.

• Love 3
(edited)

@film noire By humble I didn’t mean she grew up poor, without support, or that she was unlucky. I should have used the word “normal.” I meant humble compared to a lot of the other women on the show. I elaborated more in a different post. Rinna wasn’t put into acting as a child. She didn’t grow up in Hollywood. She didn’t only become successful once she started working alongside an older already somewhat successful husband. She didn’t have a husband who bankrolled her career. She didn’t come from a billionaire family. My opinion is that most of these women want fame more than anything. People have mixed thoughts on whether it’s healthy for kids to work as actors. Kim and Kyle both obviously did, and were “born and raised” in Beverly Hills. Success in Hollywood as an adult would be easier for them than someone who came from a middle class family in Oregon. Erika’s pop star career was funded by Tom. I don’t see anything wrong with it the way some people do, but it is what it is. And then obviously there have been others on the show who came from somewhat famous  families like Teddi/Eden or crazy rich families like Adrienne Maloof. The way Rinna grew up is a lot more relatable, and she’s not given enough credit for her success imo.

Rinna herself said she’s never been more famous, but that’s not really true.

LVP has repeatedly mocked her soap career, made fun of her number of twitter followers, and “selling dusters and diapers.” LVP was trained as a child to act, and her career never took off like Rinna’s did. She’s no doubt a hardworking woman with a high IQ, but even her business success was with Ken. She didn’t build anything from the ground up. LVP loves that she is famous and got to appear on DWTS. I think it’s awesome she’s such a fan favorite and got a spin off and has used her fame to save dogs, but outside of Bravo, no one knows who she is. Rinna is well-known outside of Bravo and has been since a young woman in the 90’s. She appeared on things like DWTS and Apprentice prior to ever appearing on Housewives. And the way she grew up makes it all the more impressive to me, but I know YMMV.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 7/17/2019 at 8:24 PM, ParadoxLost said:

Denise is sugar coating her divorce.

What she has admitted to getting out of Sheen (not counting the stuff that she denies) is more per year of marriage than Camille got per year of marriage.  The difference being Denise is getting it mostly in the form of child support and housing that is supposed to be in trust for the kids. (She denies getting a cut of 2 1/2 men which Sheen and his lawyer have claimed she did - which Sheen...so benefit of the doubt goes to Denise)

That house she bought in his neighborhood because its so important to her that he is a good father with a close relationship with the kids because of her own relationship with her father...  Is that the one he bought them to live in that  he turned around and evicted them from, forcing her to rent, so she sued him because he hadn't paid her for the purchase of a new house and back child support?  

Kind of weird that Denise volunteered to reduce child support in the same year she was suing him for back child support and the house thing.

If you read articles from the time period about their divorce, its characterized as the worst ever in Hollywood making Kim Basinger and Alec Baldwin's divorce look better by comparison.

Now I've got no problem at all with any of the above.  She was divorcing Charlie Sheen.  I'm completely willing to think that everything she did was to protect her kids and there is no reason they shouldn't have support commensurate with their Dad's wealth and earnings.  She was totally in the right and he seemed to be on the attack.

I'm even ok with her creating a fiction about what her divorce and co-existence with her ex has been like if it lessens the burden of it all on her kids.   But I wouldn't be surprised if her decision making regarding settlements was heavily influenced by making sure that custody went in a way that protected her very little children against a father who was totally out of control and a danger to them.  So good for Denise having her priorities straight if that was what was going on. 

But she doesn't actually have credibility with me that the way she says her divorce settlement went was what she wanted out of it and would have demanded if circumstances had been different.  She is working hard to present herself in the best light even if she has to massage the truth to get there.  So maybe don't say anyone that decided to go for a 50/50 settlement in a community property state is a ""greedy fucking whore".  

I also haven't forgotten her dating Ritchie Sambora right after he and Heather Locklear split. I know Denise tries to spin it now that she and Heather weren't close, but back then they were both saying they had been BFF's. That is, IMO, the kind of friend she is. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Welp, I just watched it. I'm wondering about the timing of Kyle and Andy's conflicting remarks about Lisa. Andy said Lisa would always be welcome on the show, and Kyle said Lisa quit because she knew she'd be done like Adrienne if she didn't show up, so Lisa quit before she got fired. Putting aside the fact that Lisa and Adrienne are in completely different leagues in the Bravo world, did Kyle "correct" Andy by saying Lisa would be fired for not showing up? Or did Andy correct Kyle by saying she would always be welcome on rhobh?

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
(edited)

I finally slogged through the rest if this last night, since 15 minute, or less, increments are about the most I can take.  I did not feel Camille was attacking Denise with the Bon Bon comment. Satan Andy asked Denise about taking less than she could have, then asked Camille about hers. He inferred that Camille was the greedy bitch for going for what she did, which is BS. Obviously, she took what a court considered fair, after Kelsey publicly humiliated her. She was defending her position, but with the editing, the raised eye looks from the bitches and Satan Andy  the whole thing looked like she was slamming Denise. Editing. Camille may get a lot crazier as this goes on, but I didn't see anything out of line this time. She was certainly spot on when she called Dog dumper Dorit a phony. 

Edited by chlban
  • Love 18
On 7/19/2019 at 6:16 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

On the topic of Rinna and money. She has been working a very very long time and she admits how well she does on QVC and how much money she does make with them. Don’t underestimate the money you can make off of bored housewives at 2am on a shopping channel. There is a reason people would kill to have their products on that channel.. you can make A lot of money if you can get on. Not to mention investment that the Uber wealthy do. So her money is always making money for her this is what a lot of people aren’t grasping and thinking just cause she’s not acting as much she must be hurting for money. No this is why they invest in stocks and so on so they don’t have to work as much. You can knock the woman for Tons of shit but she’s a hustler who is constantly thinking of how to make money. So yes she might not be as in demand for acting jobs but she’s definitely not hurting for money.  

Didn't she make alot of $$$ endorsing adult diapers? Lol

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Nicmar said:

Didn't she make alot of $$$ endorsing adult diapers? Lol

She got 7 figures for doing the Depends ad. Depends also donated money to the charity of her choice for doing the spot.  As many problems as I have with Rinna, I just can't hate on her for that. 

• Love 12
(edited)

Success in Hollywood as an adult would be easier for them than someone who came from a middle class family in Oregon.

It can be very hard transitoning into adult roles if you've been a kid in the business.  It's become less rigid over the years (Natalie Portman, Christian Bale) but the list of Richards-era kid actors who couldn't get career traction as adults is long.  

My opinion is that most of these women want fame more than anything.

I agree,  @RealHousewife,  they all want some measure of fame.

And Rinna herself has said she didn't care about being a good actor, she just wanted to be famous (maybe that explains both her willingness to do literally anything to remain in the limelight, and why she aggrandizes how she became famous.) 

Whatever the reason, I'm tired of Rinna making it sound like she accomplished the impossible ("I got here from MEDFORD, people!") when the truth is more like "My parents gave me everything I needed to succeed: I was genetically blessed with a face and body that allowed me to throw aside a university education & walk right into modeling, and they nurtured my ambition and dreams in a way that made me believe I could do anything."  

But I guess the truth is just not ego-pumping enough for Rinna and that's why she turns Medford into a town full of fat-arsed yahoos slurping down Big Gulps as they hold Rinna - the only sophisticate in the whole state - down and back. 

LVP was trained as a child to act, and her career never took off like Rinna’s did.

When Rinna was living off her parent's dime at the Unversity of Oregon,  LVP had been such a successful child actor, she'd already bought her own London apartment -  from her own earnings - by the age of nineteen.  

That's real hustle, right there.

Edited by film noire
  • Useful 1
  • Love 21
(edited)
50 minutes ago, film noire said:

It can be very hard transitoning into adult roles if you've been a kid in the business.  It's become less rigid over the years (Natalie Portman, Christian Bale) but the list of Richards-era kid actors who couldn't get career traction as adults is long.  

And Rinna herself has said she didn't care about being a good actor, she just wanted to be famous (maybe that explains both her willingness to do literally anything to remain in the limelight, and why she aggrandizes how she became famous.) 

Whatever the reason, I'm tired of Rinna making it sound like she accomplished the impossible ("I got here from MEDFORD, people!") when the truth is more like "My parents gave me everything I needed to succeed: I was genetically blessed with a face and body that allowed me to throw aside a university education & walk right into modeling, and they nurtured my ambition and dreams in a way that made me believe I could do anything."  

But I guess the truth is just not ego-pumping enough for Rinna and that's why she turns Medford into a town full of fat-arsed yahoos slurping down Big Gulps as they hold Rinna - the only sophisticate in the whole state - down and back. 

When Rinna was living off her parent's dime at the Unversity of Oregon,  LVP had been such a successful child actor, she'd already bought her own London apartment -  from her own earnings - by the age of nineteen.  

Why are we pitting them against each other? They both are happy with their lives and arnt hurting for money. Why do we need to stack their lives to see who did it better? I mean I’m sure their not at home doing that so why are we? 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 9
38 minutes ago, film noire said:

When Rinna was still living off her parent's dime at the University of Oregon,  LVP had been such a successful child actor, she'd already bought her own London apartment by the age of nineteen. 

According to LVPs wiki page, she was full time drama student by the age of 9. She didn't have a role in anything until the age of 13, which was an uncredited role. From then, over the next 6 years including the age of 19 she appeared in a total of 8 episodes of various shows. So barely one a year. And was in a movie where she is listed about half way down in the cast credits, so hardly a big role. I would imagine the page is accurate, as a narcissist like LVP would make sure every appearance was listed. 

So if LVP bought an apartment at age 19 with such a sparse amount of acting credits since being a full time drama student 10 years previously, it was likely with her parents help.  It does explain though why she had such a hate on for Eileen Davidson, and to a lesser extent Rinna since they are actually successful in their chosen field. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, film noire said:

I absolutely don't think being a child actor guarantees in any way that you'll become a successful adult actor, just that it's an easier, simpler process. 

If Rinna's implied she achieved the impossible, that's news to me. She does say a lot of things tongue in cheek, like when she said she was too fabulous for where she grew up. I did recently read that she said she only ever wanted to be famous (how's that for honesty? lol), and that she's more famous now than ever. I thought that was actually pretty humble of her.

I think both Rinna and LVP had parental support. My guess is LVP's parents paid some pretty good money on that drama school she was enrolled in for many years as a child. I could be wrong because I'm a lot younger than LVP and an American, but in the US, drama school is expensive.

2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Why are we pitting them against each other? They both are happy with their lives and arnt hurting for money. Why do we need to stack their lives to see who did it better? I mean I’m sure their not at home doing that so why are we? 

That was certainly not my intent personally. The subject of the others being jealous of Lisa being the cause of their treatment of her during the season and lack of remorse during the reunion led to this discussion. I have definitely noticed a pattern of hyping up one individual's accomplishments and downplaying what other cast members have going for them. I have always maintained that this is a group of women who all have plenty going for them. Jealousy is possible, but I think they all have stuff one could be jealous of. 

That said, why do we post anything about the show and the women at all? We don't NEED to, but this forum is for dishing and snarking. 😊

2 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

According to LVPs wiki page, she was full time drama student by the age of 9. She didn't have a role in anything until the age of 13, which was an uncredited role. From then, over the next 6 years including the age of 19 she appeared in a total of 8 episodes of various shows. So barely one a year. And was in a movie where she is listed about half way down in the cast credits, so hardly a big role. I would imagine the page is accurate, as a narcissist like LVP would make sure every appearance was listed. 

So if LVP bought an apartment at age 19 with such a sparse amount of acting credits since being a full time drama student 10 years previously, it was likely with her parents help.  It does explain though why she had such a hate on for Eileen Davidson, and to a lesser extent Rinna since they are actually successful in their chosen field. 

Thank you for posting this. I have always given LVP credit for her "hustle" and success as a reality TV star and all she does outside of RH. But I've even heard her called a Baywatch Beauty as if she was the Pam Anderson of Baywatch. I'm quite familiar with how acting jobs work. You can make a lot of money without being a big star, but I have to agree with you that it doesn't appear LVP made much money as an actress when you look at her IMDB page.

I don't think LVP is the unpleasant vindictive woman some portray her as. She's typically nice and wants to have fun, but I disliked the way she treated Eileen and also wondered if it was due to jealousy.

• Love 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

So if LVP bought an apartment at age 19 with such a sparse amount of acting credits since being a full time drama student 10 years previously, it was likely with her parents help. 

Nope, no help from her parents buying her first apartment - she made the money doing commercials (close to 100, iirc). 

eta: over a hundred, actually : "She made her movie debut at 13 playing Glenda Jackson's daughter in the 1973 romantic comedy A Touch Of Class, appeared in children's TV shows, and starred in ITV series Kids. "I did over 100 commercials for brands like Maltesers, Lilt, Britvic 55 and Hamlet cigars, so by 19 I'd bought myself a flat in Fulham," she says. "I never had any financial help after leaving home, just a good education and a kick in the arse."

https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/1140768/lisa-vanderpump-success-reality-tv-campaign-real-housewives-LGBT-rights-LA-pride-parade

8 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Why are we pitting them against each other? 

We do it all the time with every other cast member - what's so sacrosanct about The Battle of The Lisas? ; )

You can make a lot of money without being a big star, but I have to agree with you that it doesn't appear LVP made much money as an actress when you look at her IMDB pag

IMDB doesn't list commercials/theatre,  so it can be misleading re: financial success. 

I think both Rinna and LVP had parental support.

Absolutely, @RealHousewife - difference to me is, LVP is very open about her parents giving her a comfortable, happy childhood, whereas Rinna acts as if she miraculously escaped a dullard's backwater. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 14
(edited)
13 hours ago, film noire said:

Nope, no help from her parents buying her first apartment - she made the money doing commercials (close to 100, iirc). 

eta: over a hundred, actually : "She made her movie debut at 13 playing Glenda Jackson's daughter in the 1973 romantic comedy A Touch Of Class, appeared in children's TV shows, and starred in ITV series Kids. "I did over 100 commercials for brands like Maltesers, Lilt, Britvic 55 and Hamlet cigars, so by 19 I'd bought myself a flat in Fulham," she says. "I never had any financial help after leaving home, just a good education and a kick in the arse."

https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/1140768/lisa-vanderpump-success-reality-tv-campaign-real-housewives-LGBT-rights-LA-pride-parade

We do it all the time with every other cast member - what's so sacrosanct about The Battle of The Lisas? ; )

IMDB doesn't list commercials/theatre,  so it can be misleading re: financial success. 

Absolutely, @RealHousewife - difference to me is, LVP is very open about her parents giving her a comfortable, happy childhood, whereas Rinna acts as if she miraculously escaped a dullard's backwater. 

I dunno just after reading post after post that yes even I do it just seems kinda mean.. lol I get disagreeing about them fighting and taking sides... it just seems comparing things that they arnt even fighting about just not worth it ... they arnt fighting about who has more money cause they don't care they all are loaded who cares who acted in what they dont it just seems counter productive... 🙂 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 1
On 7/18/2019 at 9:41 PM, dosodog said:

Andy seems to have moved on from PuppyGate and holding anybody accountable.  WWHL had Dorit on in the beginning of the season, with Isaac Mizrahi.  Which is when we found out she knew the nice lady because she worked where PK worked and has never been to her home.

WWHL was pretty upfront with hard questions for the Ho wives until half way through.  It now seems like softball city.   The Twitter feed, where viewers submit questions, is still very harsh.  But they aren't asking them anymore.....so Andy seemed like he didn't care.

I agree, for the most part, but people do land up in situations.  I just can't imagine allowing my one and only solution to be a shelter.

Years ago I made up my mind that I'm not going to be one of those people who stay to wait out potential disaster.  If there's any hint that shit might go down, I'm loading Doso and Purrball into the car and we are getting out early.

And if I don't get a warning?  I'm going to be that lady refusing to go with First Responders unless the dog and the cat go too. 

Th

The " one and only solution to be a shelter" is what makes my blood boil, as you mentioned above,  but that Dorit used that reasoning when in fact the proper thing to do was to fulfill your contract and return the dog to Lisa.  Even though this would have been a second dog returned,  I doubt that Lisa would have insisted you pay the fee, as Ken and PK have been friends for years.  I believe Dorit never thought anyone would find out  she gave away the dog under very suspicious circumstances,  and has no moral fiber anyway, so this was her choice.   THAT IS what makes me so angry.   AND to make matters more frustrating, she never gets called out on it in any meaningful way.  She is guilty as hell.    Most animal lovers, like you and me, would accept the responsibility we signed up for, if we could not keep the dog, and return to Lisa.

• Love 10
(edited)

I'm not watching the show anymore, so thanks to everyone for your wit and detail.  I feel like I watched it after reading this thread, which is usually much more entertaining than the show.

All I can say is Queen Bees are not anointed by cast members nor is that status attained by striving; Queen Bees become so because the audience is most interested in them.

I became curious so I looked up Denise Richards on IMDB.  Apparently she has been in 26 episodes of the Bold and the Beautiful this year.  I'm surprised her soap opera gig was never mentioned on the show, or was it and I missed it?

Edited by izabella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 7/19/2019 at 7:33 PM, HunterHunted said:

The two Housewives things that Andy Cohen is the most bitter about are the delay in airing season 5 of RHoNY and the delay in NJ waiting for Teresa to get released from prison. Both delays caused huge audience erosions and took years to recover.

This is interesting. How do you know this? Do you have inside scoop? 

• Useful 1
On 7/19/2019 at 10:43 AM, BluBrd47 said:

I have no idea and I don't think we ever will. We can certainly speculate though- I wonder if it was in relation to her defending Brett Kavanaugh's appointment? Not trying to bring up politics but it seems like perhaps that could segue the conversation into that kind of statement? Or maybe someone just called her a "privileged white woman." If so I wish I knew who 🙂

Probably Teddi.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Higgins said:

Probably Teddi.

My expectations of Teddi are pretty low and white privilege seems over her head. My money would be on Rinna or Erika- not great intellects by any means but a little more cerebral.

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, BluBrd47 said:

My expectations of Teddi are pretty low and white privilege seems over her head. My money would be on Rinna or Erika- not great intellects by any means but a little more cerebral.

Her dad is very politically vocal. I think she is pretty racially aware.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 7/20/2019 at 10:08 PM, film noire said:

It’s true there’s a lot of great money doing commercials. A lot of actors prefer on screen acting to theatre though, because it’s not particularly lucrative. Most actors do commercials and theatre before they catch their big break (something like a Melrose Place). There are some who truly love the craft and have no desire for fame or the big bucks at all, but I don’t think that’s any of these women. 😂 They like big $, being on TV, having Twitter fans, etc. I do think Eileen Davidson is someone who cares more about acting than fame. 

I have my Rinna criticisms, but I still like a lot about her, maybe because I grew up watching her and Eileen on Days. I know liking Rinna at all is unpopular, but I still stand by what I said about her. I admire her acting accomplishments, and I don’t think she pretended to be Oprah Winfrey impressive with her life story.

• Love 7

Denise: "I'm not a greedy fucking whore" - as opposed to a Heidi Fleiss whore, or a whore that comes for Thanksgiving dinner? A whore is a whore, darlin'. There's no need to be snooty.

On 7/17/2019 at 7:15 AM, film noire said:

Congratulations, you smug, festering suck-holed pretend-friends.  You were fucking dismissed.

giphy.webp

What a snooze. The best part was the commercial for Real Housewives of Dallas.

• Love 4
On 7/17/2019 at 12:22 PM, Sarah Heart said:

That's rich though, I think Denise went through this season stoned, and SHE says is she on something? 

I agree 100%. She did always look high and her voice sounded like it too. I don't really like her. It bugs me how she keeps blurting out how big her husband is. She should think of her daughters watching the show and hearing her say all those things. Denise always looks sloppy and frumpy. It looks like she did something to her face. I don't know what but her face looks aged.  It looks kinda like she tried getting her fish lips plumped and it didn't come out looking good.She always looks tired and disheveled. She doesn't hardly ever dress up nice or have her hair and makeup done. I don't think she looks glamorous at all. She always has her hair in a messy ponytail and looks like she just woke up an left the house. I think she looks so aged now. 

• Love 3