Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E22: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

Lisa Rinna looked the worst she ever looked.  All I saw was her big lips.  I think it was the hairdo that brought the attention to her face.  Freakin scary.

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
9 minutes ago, ancslove said:

Teddi should have stuck to her earlier story about being upset by what she was (allegedly) told happened to the dog.  She could still cop to already being annoyed with Dorit, but bring it back to the dog.  

Andy should move Bethenny over to BH.  B can at least slice through the bullshit and keep things moving.  

I think that B's wanted to join them for years, but, can't get out of NYC, due to child situation.  We'll see how that turns out. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

My only problem with the reunion is that they didn’t all turn out in pigtails and gingham for the celebration! 

(No, I’m not wishing that person dead, just the wicked witch in her - banishment works.)

Edited by nexxie
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

It was just so ridiculously out of place and out of nowhere. Weird.

I’m completely owning the fact that I have no life but in an effort to avoid nursing exam stress I’ve been binge watching early episodes of RHOBH. Because it IS margarita season and I’ve been craving them I saw what Kyle was drinking and most of the time it was wine, despite her claiming not to be a wine person. Maybe if the lawsuit goes bad they will invest in SkinnyGirl?

Back to my moms basement now.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

Also, Kyle having a production credit, is admittedly something I have no source for. It’s just something I remember being bandied about in the early days of RHOBH. I know she had some part in casting. Apologies for making my statement sound factual. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, BluBrd47 said:

Also, Kyle having a production credit, is admittedly something I have no source for. It’s just something I remember being bandied about in the early days of RHOBH. I know she had some part in casting. Apologies for making my statement sound factual. 

That’s what I recall too - Kyle had some connection to Bravo show creators, and was asked for casting ideas.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

No she went into her I didn’t eat bon bons rant..... Denise didn’t do anything to deserve that attack. 

Camille was dismissive.

To me she was saying, she "worked" as opposed to eating bon bons as though that's what Denise did - but Denise was a working actress - she wasn't a full time stay at home mom while married to Charlie.

Camille is coming across as an unhinged idiot

• Love 18
1 minute ago, KungFuBunny said:

Camille was dismissive.

To me she was saying, she "worked" as opposed to eating bon bons as though that's what Denise did - but Denise was a working actress - she wasn't a full time stay at home mom while married to Charlie.

Yep, unhinged or, as Denise suggested, on something.

And what we saw didn’t even include the “bad moment” that’s been leaked.

• Love 3

I alot of people dislike Kyle but she is the one that connects all these women.  I don't if I'd call her the Queen (whatever the hell that means) I also thought she looked great her hair and dress, loved both.

Rinna's lips 😃😱 my lord they looked awful and that's saying something. She actually looked the worst to me last night. Hated the wig, the makeup.  

Camille is crazy. I can't figure out if she's acting because she wants back on the show, or if she just this unhinged irl. she's just so un likeable to me.

I like Denise,  I guess.  I wish she'd stop mentioning Charlie Sheen.  Mostly because he's gross and I hate hearing his name. 

I forgot Erica was on this season.  I know she was but I dont really remember her much.

Dorit and Teddy, I don't care about. I used to really dislike Dorit, now meh. I used to like Teddy, now meh. 

• Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, nexxie said:

That’s what I recall too - Kyle had some connection to Bravo show creators, and was asked for casting ideas.

I remember the same thing. It might have been in the first of the first season episodes or one of the shows where they were showing their audition tapes, maybe it was the hundred episode special where it was said Chicken Shit wanted to be called Pinky.

There was talk about how she had lived in Beverly hills and worked in Hollywood most of her life and knew a lot of these people and had connections to them in some form of fashion.  

She and her sister were the most well known of the bunch.

Edited by Giselle
There not they
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

Anyone else notice Andy describing/referring to Kyle at one point with "when life gives her limes and tequila she makes margaritas"?

Sound familiar? 

real housewives bullshit GIF

• Love 2
5 hours ago, film noire said:

I love that LVP quit the day before the reunion.  Beyond fucking brilliant. 

She didn't give these monsters a heads-up. She left them hanging.  She left Andy Cohen waiting on her decision, fidget-spinning and  drunk-dialing ("Anderson do you think LVP will come? And then I can SMASH her like I want to smash MY MOMMY?") She left Kyle dreaming of finally destroying LVP ("I will fake-cry and my tears will make deep grooves on my pancaked face like Chernobyl-ash and then pink flowered Lady Luncheons will finally be mine!") She left Teddi sitting there with her paddle-hands waving like Free Willy's giant fins cresting the water,  she left Rinna sitting there with her sickening body-shaming intact (my girls mocked fat people and now one of them is is anorexic - go figure!) as well as all the repulsive after-thoughts: Erika the morally above-it-all child abandoner, Dorit the morally indignant dog dumper,  and Denise (dear god, Denise,  who took a turn so crooked,  she is now the defender of the deeply immoral Brandi and Rinna, the shit-souled ghouls of this franchise).   Congratulations, you smug, festering suck-holed pretend-friends.  You were fucking dismissed.

If I could like this a million times I would - yep - love that she kept them waiting and dropped them right at the last minute ha ha ha.   She played em good.

• LOL 5
  • Love 18
(edited)
3 hours ago, Set Them Free said:

I can imagine having a friend who is a good person and a great friend, but just cannot admit to something that deep in my heart I know to be true.  I can pretend to go along with her, or I can tell her what I believe and she can tell me I am wrong.  But it shouldn't ruin a good friendship. I think it should be possible to be friends with someone, and still not believe that they are a 100% honest 100% of the time.  We all lie a little.  We all have our cherished myths and some of us have our secrets.  That shouldn't break up a real friendship.  

I really hope that they replace LVP with someone that has real friendships with members of this cast that can't be broken over minor things.  But maybe the fundamental problem with this show is that real friendships and deep relationships are harder to find among the wealthy in Beverly Hills.

I love this post, and I totally get what you mean. I have friends who I know lie about things now and then. I too have things I keep secret. I don’t think you need to be an open book with your friends. Matter of fact, the people who say they NEVER lie are some of the shadiest ones of all. I always think, really, never? Then I’m proven right to be suspicious of their supposed transparency. I don’t have any friends I can picture selling me out though, nor would I dream of doing anything that would make my friend look bad publicly and result in her getting threats. I wouldn’t want such a person in my life. There are lies one tells in order to spare feelings or to protect oneself or little fibs, and there’s throwing your friend under the bus and denying you did so.

I don’t want to judge any of these ladies too harshly for who they do or do not want to be friends with as they all know one another better than I do as a fan of the show, but my impression was the opposite of what Kyle said-I always thought LVP was more invested in the friendship. LVP bought her a Chanel bag after she got robbed. She called Kyle her best friend season 1 and defended her when she was called a bully. She was stunned when Kyle didn’t know the name of her beloved grandmother who had lived with her for awhile. She looked all excited to see Kyle before the “Showdown at Villa Rosa,” and specifically said she was most hurt by Kyle and didn’t care too much what the other women said about her. I like Kyle and think she has the kinder sense of humor, that with the exception of what happened season 1 with Kim, she doesn’t say or do things that she knows would make another cast member embarrassed or uncomfortable. She is also quite forgiving and doesn’t hold grudges. I think that’s why she gets along better with the other ladies. I do think while Kyle is easier to get along with as far as acquaintances or work friends, when it comes to close friends, Lisa is the type who really listens to you when you’re talking about your family, your life, and is there for you when you’ve been in pain. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I'm sure Andy & crew were ready, but it probably threw the ladies somewhat of a curve ball.  I'm sure they had it all planned out what they would say to her, but then had to rethink it once they knew she wasn't going to be there.  I think it's funny that they didn't get the chance to unleash on her.  I only watched a few minutes somewhere in the middle, then again when Camille came out, but she went off the rails so quickly that I tuned out and deleted it. 

I noticed when Camille came out and started talking, Denise didn't look happy at all.  Maybe that was the vibe Camille was picking up on.  Maybe Camille remembered Denise's TH when she said she wasn't a "greedy effing whore" (or words to that effect), and took it personally.  I really don't know what happened with her though.  She came out defensive and with guns blazing.  She did herself no favors last night.   

Somewhat of a curve ball, sure, perhaps. But the devastating collapse of all that they had planned, as the original post asserted? No, I think not. It's clear that they had all considered the possibility that she wouldn't show.

WRT Camille and Denise - I wonder if part of the weird animosity is Camille feeling like Denise is taking a place that she thinks belongs to her? After all, Camille only ended up being a "friend of" as oppose to an actual cast member.  Since Denise was the last hired, I suspect Camille feels some resentment towards her because of that. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Was Denise's "greedy fucking whore" comment referencing Camille?  Or was it a blanket condemnation of spouses who do nothing in a marriage but want it all when the marriage is over?

The problem with Camille saying she "worked" is that when we hear "work" most of us think of a career, a job that generates a paycheck.  I see Camille as someone who married a famous actor and then had to "work" to get him off drugs to protect her investment.  Was Kelsey on drugs when they met?  I just have no sympathy for her, going back to her glee at the Dinner from Hell, when her "psychic" friend was being so cruel to Kyle. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Beachdreamer said:

They already did.  Calling her the Queen wasn't paying her homage.  It was a calculated move to direct the onus Lisa's departure onto Kyle. They were subtly telling the audience (many of whom were outraged by the season) that Kyle is calling the shots, so don't blame them. 

Well played, Erika.  Like a sniper from the side. 

yezzzzzzz...it was beautiful. Kyle will regret the day Erika ever called her Queen Lol !!

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

Was Denise's "greedy fucking whore" comment referencing Camille?  Or was it a blanket condemnation of spouses who do nothing in a marriage but want it all when the marriage is over?

The latter. That’s why I thought Camille was quite rude to Denise. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Welp, I, for one, am glad LVP left. I’m not sure how she became the “Queen” of the franchise but see ya later, Queen 👋🏾 I’ll still catch her on VPR ‘cause I can’t seem to turn away from that train wreck 😄

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Awwww Queen Kyle is so sweet, isn't she? She brought a gift for LVP. You know, just in case she showed up. 

Yeah, my cold, black heart just melted in that moment. 😁 I can't stand Kyle. She's as despicable as her f'd up sister. I wish LVP would've showed up so she could hand those shoes Kyle brought right back to Kyle. Like LVP needs more shoes. Kyle probably brought them from her "boutique/resale" store.

I can barely watch this franchise anymore. It's now just hate watching and even then, I just can't get through any episodes from beginning to end. 

• Love 18

Does anyone remember that Seinfeld episode where the dentist converted to Judiasm for the jokes?  

Y'all are making me want to side with LVP because so many funny, witty things have been said in her favor.  I just can't side with her.  I just can't with the punching down she does on VanderPump Rules.  As someone who bends over backward all day to be as nice to the lowliest clerical worker as I am to the Big Boss, Lisa's behavior affects me the way I imagine the "dog dumping" affects others. I have just seen LVP belittle grown people this past season of VPR one too many times; I've seen and heard her say things like, "you're not a pussy-wussy anymore, are you?" to grown men's faces, in front of their significant others, with cameras running, and, hey, no one can say anything to her because...Vanderpump Rules!  Oh, and didn't you know she was kidding daaahling.

LVP's elitist bullshit doesn't carry over as much onto this show, but now that I've seen it, it can't be unseen and not only do I dislike her, this is the first time in RH history I don't mind a pile-up because nobody is really saying or doing anything against Lisa that she hasn't said or done to another. I just don't think you can treat people poorly because they're below your station in life.  This isn't Oliver Twist.  

So I may be party of one, and I'm fine with that, but...say what you will about her breath, Camille.  I believe LVP said something very similar about and to Dorit on the plane ride to the Bahamas.  I don't like someone who does all the dishing, but no taking.

I am just going to take the plunge and say something even less popular--I thought this installment of the reunion was leaps and bounds above the first reunion installment of RHNYC.  I felt like I was holding my breath during the entire episode of RHNYC, because Bethenny is a manic rollercoaster who never stops taking jabs at people.  On this show, it was so much more evenly spread (although I thought they talked about Eloise too long), but I felt like I could just relax, enjoy and watch.  I don't feel like there's an evil dark cloud hovering over the whole damn thing.

Maybe I am a hypocrite, because I am ok with Dorit, and I guess it's because I didn't see her do what she did firsthand.  A lot of it is conjecture.  I have seen Lisa belittle people to their faces a few dozen times.  I can't just call her the queen and look the other way now.  I can't giggle at how rich and British her humor is.  She's hurting people.  And even if it is just for the show, what kind of asshole signs up to play that role in a reality show?  I don't get her, and I hope she doesn't let the door hit her on the way out.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
12 hours ago, smores said:
19 hours ago, oceanview said:

I thought LVP was going to be the officiant for Jax and Brittany.  Read that a long time ago  but could have cared less, so I did not watch.  If that is the  case,  I am sure she did not  want to disappoint the couple because of the loss of her mother, on short notice.

LVP was the officiant for Tom Schwartz and Katie's wedding.  Lance Bass officiated for Jax and Brittany.  

Thanks for clarifying Smores!    I knew LVP was in their someplace.     

11 hours ago, Hagosaurus said:

I don't think that's the case. Their original officiant had that scandal about being a homophobe, and I think Lance Bass ended up marrying them in the end? Career-wise, I don't think it'd look good for her to miss that wedding. That's two major show events she would have missed. Bravo wouldn't be too happy with her.

I'd think she's cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs if the reason was she didn't want to "disappoint the couple because of the loss of her mother". I mean, could you imagine, putting the feelings of your to chuckle fuk employees and their publicity wedding ahead of your mother's death? Your priorities must be pretty fuked up or your mom was pretty fuked up for that to be one's reasoning. 

Although, that old bitch did die without giving her notice so 🙍

Thanks to Smores in an earlier post, I was brought up to date.   No wonder I was confused.  Lance Bass did wedding for Jax and LVP did Tom's.     Because I did not watch Jax and Brittany, for a number of reasons, I did not realize my mistake.  Thanks to all for the correction.   I agree about her having more heart  about putting her Mother first, but wondered if it was a contractual issue.  I don't know how she could have pulled it off between the loss of her brother and mother both anyway,

• Love 1
9 hours ago, renatae said:

Kyle brought her resting bitch face persona in preparation for another confrontation with LVP. Too bad for her that LVP didn't cooperate.

The birthday gift shouting "Manolos" seemed more Dorito than Kyle, but the new "queen" seems to be assimilating all the worst characteristics of her fellow harpies.

I see the puppy dumper was on WWHL tonight. They are giving her way too much airtime whilst holding her accountable for nothing.

Could not agree more with this post

• Love 6
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Camille was dismissive.

Yes and I knew who Denise was as soon as I saw her because of all of her acting jobs. This show is the only place I’ve ever seen Camille. 

• Love 12

This franchise is quite boring even with LVP.  I just can't follow the Dorit/dog story and honestly do not care so I just FF through it.  I don't really like any of these women so I don't think I would have even noticed any one of them missing let alone LVP.  It's all so inorganic.

I have never liked Erika but I do think she is pretty but when they do flashbacks to her early years 20's/30's she is kind of homely so she has had great work done somewhere.  Kyle seems the same and at one point her work looked almost natural and it seems now she has reach the point of no return...it seems everyone that continues with procedures and such get the same outcome. Everyone morphs into the same woman or man! 😖

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Like, "Why didn't you just return the dog to Lisa, Dorit?!"?

Of all the questions he could ask, this would have been my first choice too!   Damn Dorit and her sleazy ways.   The two of them can get off my TV any time, except if the show will profile their downfall, I want to see it.  

• Love 20
2 hours ago, Normades said:

Yes, but people do get time off when dealing with grief.  I believe LVP was very close to her brother and this was completely unexpected.  She deserved some slack on that, in my opinion.

Exactly.  She  had a legitimate and justifiable reason to take off and the others had no reason to resent it.   They were not going to lose a dime and had no reason to be so miserable unless they believed that  no one would watch the show without LVP.  In fact, by keeping her name in  every episode they suggest  that the show needed her to make it.  

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Sarah Heart said:

That's rich though, I think Denise went through this season stoned, and SHE says is she on something? 

The better to recognize it.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ancslove said:

Teddi should have stuck to her earlier story about being upset by what she was (allegedly) told happened to the dog.  She could still cop to already being annoyed with Dorit, but bring it back to the dog.  

Andy should move Bethenny over to BH.  B can at least slice through the bullshit and keep things moving.  

I have mixed emotions about having Bethenny move to Beverly Hills.   I agree, she would be outspoken and annoying (no matter what city she was in).     But she can cut to the chase instead of being vague and non productive for weeks).  I sometimes think she could be used as a pawn against Kyle, especially because they are friends.  Could make for some interesting TV...….just say goodbye to Dorit and Teddy PLEASE

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah. Well, she might be friends with Bethenny, but, she's not as funny. (I am no fan of her either.) Is she trying to put a plug in for Bethenny's Skinny Girl margarita products?  Why does Andy have an investment in this? Hmmm......Also, I never noticed Kyle being obsessed with margaritas before.  

I think Bethenny and Kyle are favorites.  Lisa did not get support from Andy this season and that is what empowered  Kyle.   If Kyle thought for one second she would get cut from the show she would have backed off. 

2 minutes ago, oceanview said:

I have mixed emotions about having Bethenny move to Beverly Hills.   I agree, she would be outspoken and annoying (no matter what city she was in).     But she can cut to the chase instead of being vague and non productive for weeks).  I sometimes think she could be used as a pawn against Kyle, especially because they are friends.  Could make for some interesting TV...….just say goodbye to Dorit and Teddy PLEASE

I think Teddy will stay so we can see a marriage crumble.  At lease one always does. 

4 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

Camille didnt seem stoned or unhinged, she was trying to be a HW next season, I say yes, bring it!

Considering the leak about what more Camille said, she’s at the very least an asshole - user, HW wanna-be, or not.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Dorito is on WWHL wearing the weirdest dress I’ve ever seen. Her stylist must hate her. 

I can’t decide if the dress looks more like a sign at a construction site on the highway or something Seinfeld’s Roy The Triangle Guy created.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, JD5166 said:

Such good friends, yet nobody has asked Denise these questions about Eloise before? Phony bitches. 

They also didn't offer them a place to stay while being evacuated.  They all have giant homes and if they are SUCH good friends why not offer a stay for a few days at least to get out of a hotel?  So far I was bored af during this reunion.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
17 hours ago, nexxie said:

Interesting that Erika says Kyle is the glue that keeps them together - that’s how I’ve always seen her, sort of like the hostess at a party.

See I thought that entire exchange was weird and seemed very ass-kissy.  Like I am going to suck up to Kyle so I am not next to be driven off the show.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

These women on this show have alliances and not friendships so we can only see how long these pleasantries last until they all start jockeying for HBIC status. It's like how Nene and Phaedra momentarily became "friends" as a way to stick it to Kandi and then it fell apart and then now that Nene is fairly isolated from the other girls she's campaigning to get Phaedra back on. 

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I think they are resentful because LVP can walk away from this pitiful show. The others need the RHoBH paycheck and/or the screentime/attention. 

This exactly right. Especially Rinna, Teddi and Dorito. They parley their infamy on this show to help their outside gigs. Erika doesn’t need the show as long as Daddy Warbucks can misappropriate funds from his Law Firm and Kyle doesn’t either as her husband can always steal someone else Goddam House and Flip it for more money. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 7
53 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Yes and I knew who Denise was as soon as I saw her because of all of her acting jobs. This show is the only place I’ve ever seen Camille. 

Camille is still on that high horse she was on in season 1 when she was up here and everyone else was down there. SHE was the one married to the (what she considered) A List celebrity! Kyle's husband worked for THEM; Know That. 

She doesn't realize who/what she is potentially dealing with in Denise. Denise has her own successful acting career, and her name and face (although somewhat altered) are still recognizable. I hate to quote Yolanda, but, Who is Camille Grammer in this world? Ok, she was married to Kelsey, but is/was Charlie's career just as, if not more lucrative?, not to mention dear old dad, Martin, or brother Emilio. Sorry, Camille, Denise may only rent ((shudder)), but you lose this popularity contest. imo. and even more so, because Denise doesn't seem to give a rat's ass. I believe it was season 1 Camille that said the one who remains calm, wins the argument.

• Love 24
4 hours ago, LizDC said:

Really? This is the first I've heard of that and a quick scan of her IMDB page shows her only producing credit is for American Woman.  Is there another source for this?

I don't think she was give producer credit but she did suggest castmates

• Love 1