Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: Mother of a Mother’s Day

druzy
  • Start Topic

Catelynn celebrates Mother's Day at home while Tyler visits his sister in Texas and discovers that Butch has relapsed. Maci goes to Washington D.C to advocate for PCOS, while Cheyenne is shocked at Cory’s girlfriend’s behavior on Mother’s Day.

Airs July 15, 2019

• Love 1

I really like Amber, but I was disappointed when it became all about her when she found out  Leah  was having panic attacks.  She didn’t ask her what she thought  was causing them, or how they made her feel, didnt even ask what the teacher had said.  Her only concern was why she wasn’t told.  Would have been time for that later.  I’m betting there’s not a lot of interest on Ambers part, doubt whether she inquires often about how Leah’s doing.  Way too wrapped up in her self.   I think Gary and Kristina  are doing a really good job raising her.  I know Amber didn’t have a good example of how a mother should behave, but she doesn’t seem to have much interest in learning for either child.  

• Love 8

Could Maci not chomp gum when she's going to meet a member of Congress?

Ryan's eyes still look all squirrelly to me. 

Cory got a damn nice mother's day gift for a woman he's not even with. 

Conversely, I LOVED Tyler and his one bottle of essential oils. Bahaha! That was awesome. Should've got her some shampoo, though. 

Butch is such an infant. When you're the parent there's an expectation to do the right thing and set the example. 

Poor Leah. I hope she's not really having panic attacks. But, you know, Amber - instead of berating her stepmother about not telling you soon enough, maybe just talk to Leah about it. 

She's all freaking out about 8 times. But it's possible Gary and Kristina didn't know it had happened that many times. 

I understand where Gary is coming from. After dealing with Amber, I can see him being scared that Leah is going down that path. But it's best to be proactive and see someone now. 

And it doesn't even have to be a hereditary issue. Maybe it's Amber's behavior that is causing stress in Leah's life. 

Either way, let her talk to someone. 

• Love 19
(edited)
2 hours ago, GladysCravits said:

I really like Amber, but I was disappointed when it became all about her when she found out  Leah  was having panic attacks.  She didn’t ask her what she thought  was causing them, or how they made her feel, didnt even ask what the teacher had said.  Her only concern was why she wasn’t told.  Would have been time for that later.  I’m betting there’s not a lot of interest on Ambers part, doubt whether she inquires often about how Leah’s doing.  Way too wrapped up in her self.   I think Gary and Kristina  are doing a really good job raising her.  I know Amber didn’t have a good example of how a mother should behave, but she doesn’t seem to have much interest in learning for either child.  

Haven’t seen the episode yet (west coast here), but this is further proof that supports my theory that Amber doesn’t have anxiety or panic attacks herself.

Amber doesn’t know enough about the basics of an attack or episode in general to even think to ask Leah any single one of those questions.

Amber has a “can’t function like an adult and knows it” disorder that SHE calls panic/anxiety. 

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 18

First thing I thought was when is the little girl having panic attacks?  Is it in close proximity to mom's visits?  

Good lord woman, it's not always about you.  And I thought an anvil was going to drop out of the sky when Amber said, yeah I did some stuff in the past...…...

The conversation should have happened away from the cameras and without Leah around.  They had to have known Amber would have a meltdown.

Maybe they need to speak with her teachers, see if they've noticed anything.  Also when she goes into the doctor (or say oh it's time for your annual checkup) ask him about it without Leah around.  Don't make a huge deal out of it, as that could just make it worse.  Stay calm.  Poor kid should probably get counselling anyhow - heaven knows she's got a mess of a mom.

I mean, I'm close to a panic attack just watching Amber.  

• Love 19

It's nice of Kristina to pick up Amber for a visit. Too bad Amber is Amber. Hopefully Gary will take her to her own doctor. Poor Leah. 

Cheyenne scored great gifts! 

Maci...YAWN! Did love Jen's Stones Tee! Does Ryan live in the POD? Damn he looks rough.

Is that the rental property that Tyler's sister trashed? While sober....nice

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

Maci...YAWN!

Is that the rental property that Tyler's sister trashed? While sober....nice

I mostly FF'd Maci.  YAWN indeed! 

I don't think that's the rental Amber B trashed because wasn't that home in Michigan?  I think the show meant the Air B&B, or whatever, that Tyler was renting.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, eskimo said:

I mostly FF'd Maci.  YAWN indeed! 

I don't think that's the rental Amber B trashed because wasn't that home in Michigan?  I think the show meant the Air B&B, or whatever, that Tyler was renting.

I meant to ask if that was the ABB that we talked about a while ago. Sorry I wasn’t clear😉

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

I meant to ask if that was the ABB that we talked about a while ago. Sorry I wasn’t clear😉

I see now that you said 'while sober', so must have been talking about a different place.  I didn't hear about that.  Was it on the show or real-time info?  She does seem.....energetic. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, eskimo said:

I see now that you said 'while sober', so must have been talking about a different place.  I didn't hear about that.  Was it on the show or real-time info?  She does seem.....energetic. 

Roll on over to cate and Tyler’s thread. I have a memory of Tyler having to pay for damages on an ABB. Why would she trash a house sober. That’s what made my side eye the whole is she sober. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, GladysCravits said:

🤯🤯🤯

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

I mean, I'm close to a panic attack just watching Amber.  

No doubt. The last person I would want to call for help with a child possibly having panic attacks is Amber. She is not exactly a calming, reasonable influence. She always melts down and makes things much worse.  I hope Gary and Kristina look into getting Leah help, but I would definitely not be looking to Amber as a source of that help.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

Roll on over to cate and Tyler’s thread. I have a memory of Tyler having to pay for damages on an ABB. Why would she trash a house sober. That’s what made my side eye the whole is she sober. 

Yes that's the ABB that Tyler's mother and sister trashed.

Maci was keeping it classy "Good fucking luck".

Ryder is adorable!

Amber as usual made it all about herself and was major a bitch to Kristina. 

Cate should have a makeup artist on call for filming.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, eskimo said:

2. Next, Kristina brings it up in front of Leah, and during what is supposed to be a fun time.  Kristina should know that Amber was not going to handle it well and it should have been brought up way out of range of Leah.

I agree with this. I generally like Kristina. But she really should have pulled Amber aside privately and not made a big deal about it in front of Leah. 

9 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

Wasn't is something about her dogs? 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, druzy said:

Shut up Hagard- or whatever you guys call him. Amber is not the best coach possible. She sucks.

That was the most pathetic display of wimpy sucking up. And especially in lieu of what happened last week. He's a poor excuse for a man.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, druzy said:

The teacher texted Kristina and apparently doesn't have contact information for Amber. That speaks volumes about everyone's perception of Amber's involvement in Leah's life. Amber is the lunatic Aunt that shows up one or two times a year and your goal is to endure the visit without incident.

Exactly! Amber is an auntie to Leah. What she she sees as bonding time and fun to do with Leah is manis and pedis which probably is something that Amber would be doing anyway once a week. I think we can add another personality disorder to the list of wha tAmber is afflicted with...narcissistic personality disorder.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Some thoughts on last night:

Amber: Oy Vey....the crying, the weeping, the neediness. No wonder poor Leah is having panic attacks...her mom is a mess and on TV. All of Leah's peers get to see what a train wreck her family is. Just what a kid who will be entering the "tween" years needs. And speaking of the "tween" years...I thought Gary's tone deaf response to Leah's issue by saying that Leah just has "tween" problems that are boy related was really stupid...even for him. If his daughter has had about eight episodes like this and the teacher relayed that Leah had one while in school...you have an issue that needs medical attention or at the very least a discussion with a pediatrician and a check up. Basically Gary in all his wisdom, was saying ignore it and maybe it will go away. Maybe it's a minor medical issue that can be corrected or maybe it is panic attacks. Whatever...be a parent and be responsible Gary. Ugh...he sits there like Jabba the Hut dictating his infinite gems of idiotic bullshit. Between his stupidity and Amber's narcissism and her other major problems...this kid is doomed.

Maci: Man is she boring. Her speech was not very inspiring and certainly was short...at the end she just says"Good Luck!" Wow. Surprised she didn't hand out TTM T-shirts that she and Taylor shamelessly plug with product placement inserts into their taped episodes.

Ryan looks comatose and seriously depressed. This is just too sad to watch...what a mess.

Tyler and Cate: I really don't see any real romantic type of love between these two. They seem like two people that have little left in the love tank. Tyler couldn't have been more uncaring about Mother's Day. No card, no flowers...just handed her some essential oil and complained about how much it costs. Wow. Cate looks like she's ready for a trip to Arizona any day now.

Tyler's sister is very high strung.. almost manic. Butch is a career drug addict. He talks a good line about needing help and wanting to be clean and sober but deep down he never can stay clean for long. He meets women in rehabs and then shacks up with them...the worst thing for an addict to do is to have a relationship with someone who you met at rehab or AA. They always end up with both of them strung out and feeding each other 's addiction. Sorry to say, I don't think there's any hope for this guy...he's too old now to change especially since he's been getting high since he was a kid.

Cheyenne: I just have one question...what's up with her annoying sister? I take it the baby daddy is not a part of her baby's life? What's up with that?

Edited by kicksave
  • Love 10
(edited)

All parties involved in Leah's life need to protect her privacy. The way this was handled is insuring she'll never talk anyone about it again. It would have been helpful for her to speak to someone who could give her tips on what to do when it happens but I'm talking about a professional, not her dumb ass mom.

Butch is reaching the age where lifelong users often succumb to the disease.

Much as I'd like to, I can't hate on Maci. Anyone trying to bring attention to women's health issues is doing a good thing in my book.

Edited by Soobs
  • Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, kicksave said:

Some thoughts on last night:

Amber: Oy Vey....the crying, the weeping, the neediness. No wonder poor Leah is having panic attacks...her mom is a mess and on TV. All of Leah's peers get to see what a train wreck her family is. Just what a kid who will be entering the "tween" years needs. And speaking of the "tween" years...I thought Gary's tone deaf response to Leah's issue by saying that Leah just has "tween" problems that are boy related was really stupid...even for him. If his daughter has had about eight episodes like this and the teacher relayed that Leah had one while in school...you have an issue that needs medical attention or at the very least a discussion with a pediatrician and a check up. Basically Gary in all his wisdom, was saying ignore it and maybe it will go away. Maybe it's a minor medical issue that can be corrected or maybe it is panic attacks. Whatever...be a parent and be responsible Gary. Ugh...he sits there like Jabba the Hut dictating his infinite gems of idiotic bullshit. Between his stupidity and Amber's narcissism and her other major problems...this kid is doomed.

I agree with you, but he wouldn't be the first parent to be in denial at the first sign of a medical problem.  I think he sees Amber and all of her diagnoses and thinks most of it is a bunch of baloney (it is) and doesn't want Leah turning into that (with the endless excuses and talk of bipolar, depression, multi-personality disorder or whatever it is called now... and whatever else gives her excuses to lay on her bed all day)*.  So, he dismisses it.  But I do believe that if it happens again, he will deal with it.  I don't think he is a bad parent, but let's face it, he's not very intelligent, so it may take him a while to "get it."

*I know depression is real and she probably does suffer from it, but she doesn't do a thing to help herself, and she uses it to excuse doing things she doesn't want to do.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 9
30 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I agree with you, but he wouldn't be the first parent to be in denial at the first sign of a medical problem.  I think he sees Amber and all of her diagnoses and thinks most of it is a bunch of baloney (it is) and doesn't want Leah turning into that (with the endless excuses and talk of bipolar, depression, multi-personality disorder or whatever it is called now... and whatever else gives her excuses to lay on her bed all day)*.  So, he dismisses it.  But I do believe that if it happens again, he will deal with it.  I don't think he is a bad parent, but let's face it, he's not very intelligent, so it may take him a while to "get it."

*I know depression is real and she probably does suffer from it, but she doesn't do a thing to help herself, and she uses it to excuse doing things she doesn't want to do.

Gary is a good parent but he can be tone deaf at times and says some weird, inappropriate things sometimes to Leah...as does Amber. I get that he doesn’t want Leah thinking because her mother is wackadoo that she might be too...my mom was seriously bipolar with melancholia and refused to take meds for it so I know what it’s like to grow up in a home with someone who has serious mental health issues...and a lot of mental health disorders are genetically predisposed so you do worry. Still, err on the side of caution with a child and get her a check up or talk to the pediatrician. It could be something medical...the doctor might have some helpful tools for Leah to use when she gets this again if she doesn’t have any underlying physical reason for this problem...and by all means, Don’t allow Amber to “coach” Leah...yikes!

• Love 6

I was appalled by Amber's reaction, and I was very impressed with Kristina not taking it personally. OF COURSE Amber would make it All About Her. And to turn it into a conspiracy. She is nothing if not consistent.

I can understand Gary's reflex to minimize the anxiety attacks (if that's what these are), since Amber has 100% defined herself by her diagnoses. I was really bothered by Amber's visit with her shrink a few weeks ago, with all the focus on how screwed up you are, how hard life is for people like you, blah blah blah -- like oh woe is me, instead of focusing on going forward, keeping positive, etc. Amber has essentially crippled herself with her self-pity and self-centeredness. She has so much good in her life, yet every day is a trial for her. There is no joy that is not shadowed by her constant self-pity.

With a child, you need to be so careful of not labeling them, so that they don't start to see themselves as defective or not-right. If someone had handed me a label when I was 9, I might have started to believe it whether it was true or not. Leah needs to believe she's her own person, not a mini-me of her fucked up mother, while at the same time being allowed to feel her own feelings. It's important for Gary and Kristina to be open with Leah, to talk directly about how she's feeling, not minimizing but also not catastrophizing everything. Yes, you want Leah to live a normal life -- but she doesn't have a normal life! I think it would be great for Leah to have a 3rd person she can talk to openly about the "challenges" of having a fucked up Mom and no privacy, but the conversation needs to be oriented towards ways to cope, how to dispel the occasional anxiety, planning ahead, being proactive and positive. They used to have school counselors, but I guess those have all been eliminated via budget cuts.

I also think it's possible these incidents are not panic attacks. They need to allow for that possibility. Maybe she has asthma!

If Gary and Kristina truly want Leah to have a normal life, they need to quit MTV. Other than money, what good does it do them? or anyone, really?

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Soobs said:

Butch is reaching the age where lifelong users often succumb to the disease.

I agree.  Watched it myself a couple of times.  The thing with Butch is that they either accept him as he is and keep him at arms length or cut all ties.

I can't believe I watched this boring show and missed Below Deck and then fell asleep for the second airing of that. 😥

• Love 3

There’s an old joke about a mother finding her daughter dead on the floor, after committing suicide.  The mom screams, “how could she do this to me!”    That’s ambers parenting in a nutshell.  Her first reaction wasn’t how do I help my daughter - it was to get angry at the woman whose been patiently raising her daughter and giving her the only maternal love she’ll ever know.  

• Love 17
15 hours ago, kicksave said:

Tyler and Cate: I really don't see any real romantic type of love between these two. They seem like two people that have little left in the love tank. Tyler couldn't have been more uncaring about Mother's Day. No card, no flowers...just handed her some essential oil and complained about how much it costs. Wow. Cate looks like she's ready for a trip to Arizona any day now.

I found this very telling about their relationship, too. Considering she just had a baby and that they are on TV for being birthparents which they make a big deal out of, for him to hand Nova a tiny bottle of unwrapped essential oils to give to Cate to celebrate Mother's Day  (while mentioning the cost and getting ready to head out of town) was ..........awkward. (She possibly doesn't deserve more than that but it was cringe-worthy nonetheless.)

• Love 7
(edited)

In a clip I posted, Tyler asked Cate what she was going to do for Mother’s Day. She said she didn’t know because he wasn’t going to be there to give her a gift. 

She’s such a sad sack. 

How about visit or have her mother over. How about take the girls to a park, so she could lay in the grass. “Celebrate” early, perhaps? What did she end up doing? I don’t watch.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, starfire said:

I found this very telling about their relationship, too. Considering she just had a baby and that they are on TV for being birthparents which they make a big deal out of, for him to hand Nova a tiny bottle of unwrapped essential oils to give to Cate to celebrate Mother's Day  (while mentioning the cost and getting ready to head out of town) was ..........awkward. (She possibly doesn't deserve more than that but it was cringe-worthy nonetheless.)

Yes! I actually felt sorry for her...as a mom myself, I remember how special Mother's Day was when my children were newborns. Having your husband, the father of your children practically ignoring you on Mother's Day hurts. Tyler has checked out completely. Cate knows it and they seem unable to work out their problems. It's sad.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

In a clip I posted, Tyler asked Cate what she was going to do for Mother’s Day. She said she didn’t know because he wasn’t going to be there to give her a gift. 

She’s such a sad sack. 

How about visit or have her mother over. How about take the girls to a park, so she could lay in the grass. “Celebrate” early, perhaps? What did she end up doing? I don’t watch.

I really hate the attitude around Mother's Day - someone needs to do something for ME. 

What about HER mom? Did she have anything planned for April? We often feel better about ourselves when we do something kind for others. Just saying...

• Love 12

I felt HORRIBLE for Leah in the nail salon.  I could see a nine-year-old feeling like she'd done something wrong.  Also?  Amber's completely real and not at all fake kitchen "meltdown", does Andrew get to speak?  No (obviously, lest he get whacked with a machete...)

I was just thinking (b/c my job is super boring, y'all, also I got spoken to about internet usage...gah! which led me to wish I had a life where I somehow made a lot of money for not working) about the Teen Moms and whom I would ever trade lives with.

okay, possibly Cheyenne, Chelsea, or Maci.  But the rest of 'em?  nah, they can keep their blood money!!!

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Real Housewife LI said:

I got the feeling that Gary didn’t want this all on display for the cameras.....yes he agrees to put their lives on the show but i think he was minimizing it because he doesn’t want his kids issues broadcast on tv.

Sorry, but he could choose to stop exploiting Leah for money at any time. And he thinks a 9-YEAR OLD had "boy problems?" That is not right.

• Love 5

On top of Amber making it about her, I got the feeling she was blasting Kristina for saying ON CAMERA that this has been going on with Leah.  I don't think she was thinking of Leah and her life being shared on TV, but more "now everyone knows the teacher calls Kristina first and I'm not there to play pretend caring mom.  Now everyone knows Kristina knows about Leah's issues before mine."  Does Amber do anything with that girl besides mani/pedis?  I really hate the way she snapped at Kristina like a dog.  I can't remember what she said, something about "this is an issue" and Kristina looked like she was going to shit herself right there in the pedi chair.  Amber is such a bitch. 

Cheyenne, just admit you wanted a day off on Mothers Day.  "I didn't want to disrupt her schedule, so Corey kept her on Sunday, Mothers Day".  She's 1.  I don't think one day with you instead of with him would disrupt her greatly. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, ShaNaeNae said:

On top of Amber making it about her, I got the feeling she was blasting Kristina for saying ON CAMERA that this has been going on with Leah.  I don't think she was thinking of Leah and her life being shared on TV, but more "now everyone knows the teacher calls Kristina first and I'm not there to play pretend caring mom.  Now everyone knows Kristina knows about Leah's issues before mine."  Does Amber do anything with that girl besides mani/pedis?  I really hate the way she snapped at Kristina like a dog.  I can't remember what she said, something about "this is an issue" and Kristina looked like she was going to shit herself right there in the pedi chair.  Amber is such a bitch. 

Cheyenne, just admit you wanted a day off on Mothers Day.  "I didn't want to disrupt her schedule, so Corey kept her on Sunday, Mothers Day".  She's 1.  I don't think one day with you instead of with him would disrupt her greatly. 

And this right here is a major part of the problem with Amber.  She remains unchecked. There is no way that Kristina who is raising Amber's kid should have to dance on eggshells around her. Kristina should have let Amber know she was doing her part-time ass a favor by telling her what was going on with Leah.  It's not like Amber was going to invite Leah's teacher to mani/pedi day to discuss the issue. 

People just cower around Amber and I've never figured out why.  It might be because I am not afraid of confrontation and shutting down fuckery. Amber acting indignant because Leah's parents didn't inform her of her day to day is the HEIGHT of fuckery. 

• Love 23