Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: All Hail the Queen

• Start Topic

I have never been on a yacht, but I flown private planes.  I have traveld a bit and been on some cruise lines.  If i want some special food thing I think may not be available I always bring it.

After reading the first few posts about Queen of Versailles, I wanted to watch the documentary.  I don't after hearing about the animal neglect.

I did watch her on Flipping Out.  What made me made a decision instantly about my view of them, was that the husband had put in fixtures that were the same one as his rentals.  Poor Jeff on that episode.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PumpkinPK said:

After reading the first few posts about Queen of Versailles, I wanted to watch the documentary.  I don't after hearing about the animal neglect.

To be fair, the animal neglect isn't a huge part of the story.  I just watched the documentary.  There were a lot of people living in that house, eight children I believe, Jackie was clueless, she was like, "I never knew about nannies when I was growing up, but as soon as I knew about them, I kept having children." 

They had a huge house with a staff of over 20 people.  When hard times hit, they had to fire most of the staff, leaving only the nannies, who then had to do everything, cooking, cleaning, taking care of the children.  One of the kids kept saying, regarding the lizard that she kept asking to go to the pet store, but no one would drive her there, another kid said, "I didn't even know we had a lizard."  What they needed was a smaller house.  Good thing they weren't living in Versailles.

• Love 3

One thing that gets me with this show is how put out the interior crew is about EVERYTHING.  I get it that some guests are assholes, but it's not like it's a surprise.  Most of the guests on this show give completely unreasonable requests (white gumball lady anyone) but they're rich and are paying a shitload of money to be on this yacht.  

I've always kind of wondered that about servers or customer service folk who bitch and moan about shitty customers.  Yeah, shitty customers suck.  People who don't tip are dicks...but then...don't be in the customer service industry if you're going to roll your eyes every time someone asks you for something.

Sure, this lady is out of her mind...but it's not like she made it a secret.  Hannah rolling her eyes when she was asked if someone was going to unpack for her is annoying.  

• Love 4
15 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Bravo scrapes the bottom of the barren with the Versailles clan. I haven't forgotten that they starved an iguana and didn't even realize it.

One time I did that to a fish 😞  I was in a car accident and was dead out in bed for a week.  When I could move again I went to feed my betta and he was a little skeleton because the little shrimps or whatever I had in there ate his body. It was kind of traumatic.  

5 hours ago, outofbounds said:

Sure, this lady is out of her mind...but it's not like she made it a secret.  Hannah rolling her eyes when she was asked if someone was going to unpack for her is annoying.  

The Queen is really not even that bad, she's actually pretty nice about everything, but is unpacking really something people that are not Ramona Singer and this lady have the "help" do for them?  

• Love 3
17 hours ago, outofbounds said:

I've always kind of wondered that about servers or customer service folk who bitch and moan about shitty customers.  Yeah, shitty customers suck.  People who don't tip are dicks...but then...don't be in the customer service industry if you're going to roll your eyes every time someone asks you for something.

There are a lot of places where customer service jobs are the only jobs around.  I can never understand people who don't tip.  If you don't want to tip people who are serving you, then go to a fast food restaurant.  Servers are human beings, not your fucking slaves.  

I once saw a nasty woman and her nasty daughter run this server ragged, because she kept complaining about the food.  It was a fucking scam, keep serving shit back and then say, "This food is making me sick, I'm leaving," of course after you've ordered about three different dishes.  And the bitch didn't even leave a tip.  I felt so sorry for the guy, I left a larger tip, just because I would hate to have to deal with such an entitled person.

• Love 9
On 7/16/2019 at 7:50 AM, rehoboth said:

Over the years I have worked with many people with the same work ethic as Jack.  You know the ones who get a 1-2 hour task to do and decide that they are going to spend their entire day on it, the ones who drift off and are never where they are supposed to be, the ones who feign ignorance to avoid work when they know perfectly well how to do a task, etc...  But I don't recall ever seeing someone be so honest about their desire to be paid to do as little as possible.  He even seems proud of his ability to dodge his responsibilities.  Who will hire him after this?

I watch him and sit there with my mouth open, not believing what I am hearing.  It will make me happy it he gets his just desserts but that doesn't look likely at present.

Let's go over what was the possible inspiration for your post.  Isn't it when he was given a postit note of tasks to do, and he said he'd take all day to do it?

Also, he mentioned the things on the list weren't very creative and were what Joao usually tells him to do, lol.

(edited)
On 7/15/2019 at 10:03 PM, Barbara Please said:

The reaction from Aesha when Jack asked her out was so genuine and cute. 

On 7/16/2019 at 9:51 AM, Thisgirllovespasta said:

And I love Aesha. She is just so happy. I want to be that happy.

Despite Jack's overall shortcomings, the scene at the bridge was pretty nice.  And Aesha definitely doesn't lack for joy.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 7/19/2019 at 6:00 PM, Red Bridey said:

Why on earth haven't they done a Christopher Guest satire of Queen of Versailles with Jennifer Coolidge?  Documentary Now! As the subject of a withering documentary, why would Jackie want to wear the sash from said movie un-ironically? I guess in this world there's no bad publicity.

That would be fantastic! I would definitely watch.

Edited by pieinmyeye
  • Love 1
On 7/16/2019 at 8:23 PM, jumper sage said:

I missed this episode and then slept through the 2nd airing.  Stupid Teen Mom.

Queen of Versailles is just a regular person who married well, then spent money, then lost money, then recouped money.  Her elderly husband was huge in the time-share biz until it popped.  Her first mansion was a disgusting mess with animal feces and garbage all over.  They would eat fast food all-the-damn-time.  Putting lipstick on a pig comes to mind.

Why do I feel that the Queen of Versailles is Kim Zolciak's hero?  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 7/20/2019 at 1:01 PM, Neurochick said:

There are a lot of places where customer service jobs are the only jobs around.  I can never understand people who don't tip.  If you don't want to tip people who are serving you, then go to a fast food restaurant.  Servers are human beings, not your fucking slaves.  

I once saw a nasty woman and her nasty daughter run this server ragged, because she kept complaining about the food.  It was a fucking scam, keep serving shit back and then say, "This food is making me sick, I'm leaving," of course after you've ordered about three different dishes.  And the bitch didn't even leave a tip.  I felt so sorry for the guy, I left a larger tip, just because I would hate to have to deal with such an entitled person.

While not tipping is an asshole move, I don't consider not tipping to be equated to thinking someone is your slave.  Entitlement runs in every circle and servers who act like Hannah would be the type to make me not tip.  Thankfully I've never run into someone like her, but lately the pendulum swinging in the way of servers like her being in the right with how they act is off putting.  

Hey, I'm not the person who's asking you for four different dishes and sending things back, but if you don't keep my drink full, I might not tip you as well.  It's not a matter of me thinking someone is my slave, it's a matter of keeping my drink full is part of your job.  I'm perfectly fine with getting up and grabbing my own refills but restaurants frown on that so, fortunately or unfortunately, that's your responsibility.  

The way these people on this show act is off putting.  Joao bitching because he had to walk up the mountain for their lunch...well sorry buddy, that's your job.  A few episodes ago he was whining about having to put the toys out multiple times in a day.  Seriously?  Deal with it.  That's your job.

That's where my problem lies.  We've all run into people in the extreme like the lady described above but Hannah acts like she can't be bothered whenever she's asked for ANYTHING...and that's irritating.

• Love 1

I'll give Bravo credit for one thing.  They could have done lingering shots of Hanna and Anastasia in their bikinis but they didn't.

If it was MTV, there would have been closeups of ass and breasts.

Tipping isn't as crucial in Europe, because restaurant prices incorporate service charge and people in hospitality aren't getting the bare minimum wages.

People can round up or leave a few bucks.

Australia and NZ, there are natives who don't want the US tipping culture to encroach their customs.  A lot of places including service charges but you see menus of some places which say service charge isn't included.

But when you do tip in these other countries, it's not 20 or even 15%.  More like 5 or 10%, rounding up.

Maybe these yacht owners are cheap and not paying the crew well at all and letting the charter guests give big tips.