Type keyword(s) to search

NOS4A2 - General Discussion

javaluvr
  • Start Topic

Charlie Manx does seem to know the name and life story of every single child he meets. He knows when the parents of that child should be punished (when a child is longing for a better happier life?).

On 6/22/2020 at 10:10 PM, alrightythen said:

Wonder if her parents will be on this season.  She didn't even mention them.

They showed her father in the preview for next week's episode.

On 6/29/2020 at 2:42 AM, Female83 said:

I liked how the ep focused on Manx's backstory how he created Christmasland and how he started going after kids.  Until this episode I had no idea Millie and Charlie were related. 

What I don't get is how did he create the actual Christmasland and how exactly did he get his powers?  Did I miss something?  I mean did he know that Millie was going to turn and kill his wife/her mother?

Also, I did not even know Millie had a name.  Man I am terrible at remembering character's names.

• Love 1
(edited)
22 hours ago, BK1978 said:

They showed her father in the preview for next week's episode.

What I don't get is how did he create the actual Christmasland and how exactly did he get his powers?  Did I miss something?  I mean did he know that Millie was going to turn and kill his wife/her mother?

Also, I did not even know Millie had a name.  Man I am terrible at remembering character's names.

I assume he like with Vic and Jolene were born with his powers but had to find his knife first.  Like how Vic didn't find her power until she rode her motorbike. 

Edited by Female83
  • Love 2

S02.E03: The Night Road

Vic McQueen takes the Shorter Way to Haverhill; Lou and Wayne face a terrible threat in her absence; Charlie Manx engages an old friend for a mysterious favor; Millie Manx confronts the past.

Airdate 07.05.2020

Was that Millie’s mother in the house? Where is the house? Wonder what the Hourglass’s power is? Time travel? Lou is a much better parent than Vic. So glad he saw that gas mask in Bing’s car.

• Love 1

Comic Con is going to be free online this year due to COVID-19 so everyone can see the NOS4A2 panel! It hasn't been assigned a time slot yet so be sure to check the Comic Con website in the next week or so to see when this panel will take place.

NOS4A2 returns to Comic-Con for its second season, which kicked off on June 21. Moderated by Entertainment Weekly's Clark Collis, the panel will feature showrunner and executive producer Jami O’Brien, executive producer Joe Hill and cast member Zachary Quinto.

S02.E04: The Lake House

With Charlie Manx on the hunt, Vic and her family go into hiding with Maggie; Wayne suffers mysterious nightmares while Tabitha chases a lead on Bing.

Airdate 07.12.2020

Charlie pulling the bullet out of his head was cool! I enjoyed seeing creepy Bing getting roughing up and whimpering like a baby. I must be evil because I don’t care if Wayne goes to Christmasland. He annoys me.

• Love 1

S02.E05: Bruce Wayne McQueen

Vic McQueen returns to the Lakehouse only to ride straight into a deadly trap; Charlie Manx cashes in his favor; the Hourglass Man, a powerful strong creative, appears.

Airdate 07.19.2020

Why was the Hourglass Man helping Charlie Manx? I wish Vic’s dad had killed Bing. He is such a nasty, evil little man. Maybe he will finally get to Christmasland and the kids will eat him. Charlie seemed to imply that would be his fate. BTW, what was in Vic’s jacket that protected her from that hammer? 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

BTW, what was in Vic’s jacket that protected her from that hammer? 

The jacket had metal plates (armor) in case she ever fell off of her motorcycle. Which was all she seemed to be able to do this episode. They should have hide some ANFO in the engine compartment.

15 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

The jacket had metal plates (armor) in case she ever fell off of her motorcycle. Which was all she seemed to be able to do this episode. They should have hide some ANFO in the engine compartment.

How did she not drown in the lake then? 😆

7 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Exactly. Even a leather jacket would've dragged her down, much less one with metal plates in it. 

This episode made me think they didn't have enough material so decided to show the same scenes over again from other points of view just as filler. Varying POV can be used successfully -- it was NOT used that way here.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, LittleIggy said:
23 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

She got got run over by two different cars and first question is why didn't she die by drowning?☠️

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

S02.E06: The Hourglass

Maggie puts herself in danger attempting to take a dark strong creative off the board; Vic and Lou work to repair Vic's knife; Linda and Chris grapple with Vic's gift; Wayne makes a mysterious friend.

Airdate 07.26.2020

AMC messed up on my cable so I didn’t see the scene where Jon was going to show Maggie how to control her reaction to using her gift. What happened? What was the question he asked the tiles? I watched the rest of the show on xfinity streaming on my iPad. Thanks for any info!

BTW, I was gobsmacked by Bing’s attack on Charlie. Dude really wants to go to Christmasland! 

On 7/22/2020 at 7:53 AM, Tachi Rocinante said:

The actor playing Hourglass Man (Paul Schneider) was in the first season of Channel Zero.

Now that was creepy done right.

Seasons 1 and 2 were good. I especially liked S2.

2 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

AMC messed up on my cable so I didn’t see the scene where Jon was going to show Maggie how to control her reaction to using her gift. What happened? What was the question he asked the tiles? I watched the rest of the show on xfinity streaming on my iPad. Thanks for any info!

BTW, I was gobsmacked by Bing’s attack on Charlie. Dude really wants to go to Christmasland! 

Seasons 1 and 2 were good. I especially liked S2.

He asked if he was immortal, the tiles said no, he wanted Maggie to ask again but she told him the tiles would just give him the same answer.

Spoiler

He went into the bathroom while she took his hourglass, he came back found she had taken his "knife", they fought and she ended up smashing the hourglass.

I think I've pinpointed why I don't much care for this show (husband is a horror book fan, so it's something we watch, but I'm not really that invested):

The tone of it is so "one-note." I understand that it's horror, but it really isn't that scary and it is so unrelentingly GRIM. There's little to no humor, even of the dark kind, and no lighter moments to throw the horror in relief. No contrasts in tone, which is boring to me. And I don't like many of the characters, either, except for Maggie. They are just flat -- too much angst without any layers.

• Love 4

S02.E07: Cripple Creek

Bing Partridge has some questions for Charlie Manx, Manx revisits his difficult childhood, Millie meets an old friend, and Wayne faces a choice.

Airdate 08.02.2020

Bing has some questions for Manx - I don't know why that cracked me up so much, but it did.

I loved seeing Charlie getting beaten up. That was some backstory. So Charlie procured boys for the town pederast. 🤔 I knew Wayne couldn’t get away yet, but I wanted to slap him upside the head for saving Manx and getting in the Wraith. 🙄

• Applause 1
  • Love 1

Well, that was boring.  Other than learning a bit more about Manx's backstory, it ended the same way it started with the kid back in the car.  So memories of mom are the prophylaxis for keeping them from turning?  If so, Craig needs to do a better job next week LOL.

• Love 1

S02.E08: Chris McQueen

Vic and Chris take the Shorter Way to a junkyard, Chris loses his temper, and Bing leverages a secret to seek forgiveness. Meanwhile, Vic, Lou, Maggie and Chris hatch a plan, while Tabitha impresses her boss.

Airdate 08.09.2020

10 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I’m pretty much rooting for Charlie Manx since Team McQueen is so f**king inept. 🤦‍♀️ 

Yeah, the attempts to blow up the Wraith were pretty bad.  I admit I was only half watching, but it looked like they were all going off to the side of the car.  Maybe car has an explosive detection device, since it seemed to have an early McQueen warning alarm built in.

Do we know what happens to dad now that Wayne chomped down on him?   

The pace of this show is frustrating.  Ten whole minutes spent on the eulogy of a character never discussed before, including a rather graphic story of hamster abuse (WTF?).  I get that it was meant to set up the whole "forgive your parents" theme," but 10 minutes, really?  That's nearly a quarter of the show after commercials. Then it was just a string of botched attempts throughout.  There was no sense of urgency in trying to save Wayne.  Vic acted almost nonchalant about it.

Now that the kid has turned, I'm guessing Millie will be the key to getting it reversed.  Hopefully she'll be more effective than the others have been so far.   

• Love 3

They obviously don’t have enough material for two seasons and are stretching it out. At this point I am watching for Wayne and his dad and Tillie. The Brat is a terrible mother and cares about her bike more than her son.

Some parts of this have never made sense to me. Manx changes appearance at varying times ( sometimes immediately when a child is grabbed and sometimes slowly). Also Christmas land doesn’t really make sense. I understand it as a lure, but once the kids get in the car they become vampires who only care about blood. So who is actually enjoying the rides, presents and cotton candy? We also saw no particular love of Christmas from Manx.

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 1

This is the show that never ends.   It goes on and on my friends .... 

I did like hot dad and am sorry he's dead.    I also like Maggie and Lou.    Vic usually has great hair.  

Is episode 10 the finale or are they going to attempt to go for season #3?   This would have been so much better as a mini series with 4-6 episodes at most.   Or a 2 hour movie!

• Love 1

The only way they save this season for me is this: Vic rescues Batman and Millie, and the final scene is Charlie desperately reaching through the "curtain" only to be dragged back in by his wife or the dude in the closet as the Wraith is obliterated.  And no "Christine" ending.

Hey, a person can dream, can't they?

• Love 4

S02.E09:  Welcome to Christmasland

Vic and Maggie embark on a dangerous journey; Charlie Manx confronts his deepest fears; as her world falls apart, Millie must choose between freedom and her father.

Airdate 08.16.2020

I don't understand the explosives plan.  How did they know that blowing up the buildings would destroy Manx?  Kind of a risky assumption.  Weren't they concerned about Wayne and the other kids being in the buildings when they blew them up? 

Wonder why they haven't mentioned Haley and the other boy's name I can't remember from season 1.  I know it's been 8 years, but it's odd they wouldn't want to look for them or at least mention their names. 

Guess we will just assume Wayne's and Millie's conditions can be reversed.  I don't know how Vic can be so certain of that, but OK.  Otherwise, she and Lou will have one helluva problem child on their hands.

And why does Vic no longer get the bloody eye and headaches when she uses her knife?

Edited by alrightythen
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, alrightythen said:

I

Guess we will just assume Wayne's and Millie's conditions can be reversed.  I don't know how Vic can be so certain of that, but OK.  Otherwise, she and Lou will have one helluva problem child on their hands.

And why does Vic no longer get the bloody eye and headaches when she uses her knife?

Maybe it can be reversed.  Maybe it was because she was new to using her gift and after having it but not using it, she no longer has the same problems she did when she first used her knife. 

9 hours ago, For Cereals said:

Is this the last season? (Please say yes)

There hasn't been any announcement but assume it isn't the finale season unless there is news of cancellation. 

On 8/17/2020 at 1:03 PM, alrightythen said:

I don't understand the explosives plan.  How did they know that blowing up the buildings would destroy Manx?  Kind of a risky assumption.  Weren't they concerned about Wayne and the other kids being in the buildings when they blew them up? 

Wonder why they haven't mentioned Haley and the other boy's name I can't remember from season 1.  I know it's been 8 years, but it's odd they wouldn't want to look for them or at least mention their names. 

Maybe Maggie was burning her with a cig on the trip through the bridge! 😆

• LOL 1
On 8/17/2020 at 1:03 PM, alrightythen said:

Her left eye was rather bloodshot, although it was pretty dark and hard to tell.

Also, putting explosives on the actual structure is better than an open spot underneath.

I thought Millie wanted to live in the Real World. I would have thought Vic and Maggie would look for the two kids they knew when the Lost Kids came out. I know they were seriously injured but still... I wonder how long some of those kids had been in Christmasland?
So there will be a S3 (whenever!). I hope the focus is on Maggie.

This show is weird for me some episodes are really good and then there are some episodes that are just bad.  I enjoy it for the most part.

I am glad they offed Bing, he was such a terrible character.  I understand he was supposed to be slow, but the way he spoke was just so odd and annoying to me.