Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 7/15/2019

Jaded
Message added by Aethera

Reminder: the ladies discussing politicians or the actions of political bodies on an episode of The View is NOT a license for you to post your own opinions on the matter. You can talk about THEIR opinions on it, but only in the context of what they said on the show. Review the political policy - the first bullet point applies specifically to this situation. 

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I was Team Joy forever and a day but ever since she told us to go watch The Talk, I don't even think she gives a shit anymore.

Me too but once she said that I have looked at her differently.  She doesn't need the money. She could walk away if she wanted. But she chooses to sit there and let Meghan get away with so much. A lot of us thought she was muzzled when Elisabeth was there and seems to be the case again.  What is it about ABC that wants to protect the blonds that sit at that end of the table?

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

I was Team Joy forever and a day but ever since she told us to go watch The Talk, I don't even think she gives a shit anymore.

Me too but once she said that I have looked at her differently.

I took Joy's "The Talk" comment as a joke.

1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

It is a 4 year gig and they could use support too.  

And they come out of it (most of them) as fully formed, responsible men and women.

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

And they come out of it (most of them) as fully formed, responsible men and women.

Me too. To me it’s not even a thing. It’s Joy’s brand of humor. 

• Love 21

STFU, Migraine McCain! Sunny is making great points, but she's being talked over by the idiots at both ends of the table!

I hate them both. The tension that Sunny and Joy have to endure every day. Christ.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
5 hours ago, Cementhead said:

I don't think there is anyone left in production who gives 2 fucks about the quality that they are putting out day after day.  That ship has sailed.  Exhibit A: Whoopi.  Exhibits B-Z: Meghan. 

That's really funny:   B - Z:  Meghan.     Also sad but true.   

• Love 11
On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 3:24 PM, falltime said:
  On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 2:21 PM, TV Diva Queen said:

WTH don't they have a sub for Alby?   

Abby didn't add much value so it is about this same with or without her.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I took it as a joke, too, but in the context of the back and forth she was having with Meghan at that very moment, to me, it was a joke at the expense of the viewer.  Meghan said that the viewers were being "too precious" about her and Joy's relationship and said something like we were all too worried about Joy and Joy's feelings and don't feel bad for her because Joy loves it just as much as I do and Joy just sat there, did not dispute it and then gave her "watch The Talk joke."  In that context, I found it really condescending to the viewers.  In any other context, I wouldn't have.  If she had just thrown that out on her own, no biggie, but she said it in response to Meghan telling us viewers to basically fuck off. 

• Love 11
38 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I took it as a joke, too, but in the context of the back and forth she was having with Meghan at that very moment, to me, it was a joke at the expense of the viewer.  Meghan said that the viewers were being "too precious" about her and Joy's relationship and said something like we were all too worried about Joy and Joy's feelings and don't feel bad for her because Joy loves it just as much as I do and Joy just sat there, did not dispute it and then gave her "watch The Talk joke."  In that context, I found it really condescending to the viewers.  In any other context, I wouldn't have.  If she had just thrown that out on her own, no biggie, but she said it in response to Meghan telling us viewers to basically fuck off. 

This is exactly how I took  it. Yes, it's joke but a joke at the expense of the viewers.  Meghan chastising the viewers that if we can't handle it "maybe  The View isn't for us," is a big whatever. I don't care but to have Joy say that really changed how I see this show. 

I love that Sunny is still giving Meghan the cold shoulder lol. I am so curious about back stage. To be a fly on wall. 😄

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

In that context, I found it really condescending to the viewers.  In any other context, I wouldn't have.  If she had just thrown that out on her own, no biggie, but she said it in response to Meghan telling us viewers to basically fuck off. 

I agree with that.  It was like they were telling us we were stupid to care so much and if we didn't like what they were showing us then hit the road. Joy might not  have meant it literally but I was really taken aback by hearing her say it.  Whoopi, Joy and Meghan all seem dismissive of viewers.  Whoopi with her don't tweet me I don't care attitude. Meghan with her constant people hate me because I'm a Republican mantra. And now Joy with her going along to get along. Those three need to be reminded they are putting on a show for us.  Not just so they can sit around for an hour collecting a paycheck.

Coffee you and I were posting at the same time. LOL

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 8
21 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Wow.  Sunny is really an education snob.  The kid that wants to be an electrician shouldn't get money set aside for education?  I could use an electrician at my house right now; don't really have any use for a philosophy major, though.

I personally didn't take her comments that way. The reason most parents create college-specific savings for their kids is so that their kids can pursue an education and come out with no debt or at least a little less debt than they would have without those savings. Sunny's position was based on the fact that since the kid would be paid via an apprenticeship to learn on the job, then that money can go to his siblings to help further minimize their future college debt since the savings was created for all of them. She agreed that he should get the money if he had to go to a technical school to learn the trade. She also agreed that he should get the money if he wanted to open his own business after his apprenticeship. I don't know if apprentices are responsible for purchasing their own tools (which are expensive), but I'm sure she would also have agreed that he should get the money if that's the case. I think her point of view was that if he was going to be paid to learn (and apprenticeship often create opportunities to transition into a job opportunity), then he doesn't need the money for the purpose in which it was put aside. But based on the exceptions that she noted, if there were circumstances where his education in some way or another would put him in debt, then she would likely agree that he should get the money.

• Love 15
(edited)

Ugh, Meg is on her screechy self righteous horse today, preaching to the Dems. And no, it is not about your embarrassment and it’s not about your common citizen friends who lack a platform. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 19

Wow, the cross talk is awful today due to Nutmeg trying to monopolize the show. She is self-righteous and nasty today. As usual, she is making everything about her feelings and embarrassment as a conservative.

Sunny is still giving her the cold shoulder. Ana is on fire, she is just so awesome. 

Joy has  the patience of Job to be able to deal with Nutmeg as a moderator today.

• LOL 1
  • Love 21

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I think Sunny looks pretty today.   Is her hair over the top?  Yes, but I think it looks good on her.   And I love her dress.  Busy?  Yes, but again, it's flattering on her.   And how much weight has she lost anyway?   She is really skinny.

• Love 14
(edited)
32 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Now, Megs is married into a prominent Puerto Rican family???? Jeeze, shut the fuck up Meghan McfuckingPain!

Which makes the situation with PR’s Dem (because that’s relevant) governor all about Meg. 

40 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I think Sunny looks pretty today.

I think she always looks lovely. I love the blouse Ana was wearing. And I hate to admit that even Meg looked nice today.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Which makes the situation with PR’s Dem (because that’s relevant) governor all about Meg. 

Absolutely! Meghan's insights because something is named after her husband's family far outweigh the thoughts of an actual Puerto Rican.

Wow. If I were part of the show's production team, I'd institute a backstage contest to pick an obscure* but timely topic and see how far Meghan stretches to make it about herself. Winner gets to . . . I don't know, wear earplugs?

*not that Puerto Rico or Democrats are obscure

Edited by Vanderboom
  • LOL 7
  • Love 14

I wonder how different things would be if they were able to get Elizabeth back like they (reportedly) wanted and threw out Meghan. 😐 Abby would have prob never came along either since Meghan demanded she join to back her up. 

I miss the Whoopi, Joy, Sherri, Barbara, and Elizabeth days. It was a mess but an entertaining one. Today's mess is just awkward, tense, and no chemistry.

• Love 5

Meghan says it will be the Democrats' fault if Trump wins again?  

Well, anybody who doesn't want him to be reelected needs to vote for the candidate in the general who is most likely to beat him. 

Ana and Nicolle Wallace, for instance, are two Republicans who have said they will vote for anybody the Democratic Party nominates, no matter who it is.

Will Meghan do likewise?  If she thinks it's imperative to get Trump out of the White House, but doesn't vote, or votes for some third person, just because she can't bring herself to vote for a Democrat, or a particular Democrat, it's her (and others who do the same) fault too.

(Not to mention, obviously, the people who do vote for Trump.)

She doesn't get to put all the blame all on one side and not do her part (That doesn't just mean speaking from her "public platform").

On another subject, I had a good laugh watching Ana in the wind booth.  I needed to put some bills in my mailbox and nearly skipped it; I was so glad I didn't.  Sunny seemed to enjoy watching her as well. 

• Love 21

I usually like Ana, but come on, you really looked bad today, when you asked Mark Sanford about the democratic debate and the jab about abortion rights, and he told her that wasn't him. In fact he wasn't even on the same night when that occured. 

If production gave Ana those notes and questions, they should be written up for that. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

I usually like Ana, but come on, you really looked bad today, when you asked Mark Sanford about the democratic debate and the jab about abortion rights, and he told her that wasn't him. In fact he wasn't even on the same night when that occured. 

If production gave Ana those notes and questions, they should be written up for that. 

John Hickenlooper. I know. All these bland white guys are interchangeable. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Ana and Nicolle Wallace, for instance, are two Republicans who have said they will vote for anybody the Democratic Party nominates, no matter who it is.

I'm "clarifying" and not absolutely sure I'm correct.  Nicolle Wallace registered Independent in 2016 although I've heard her calle herself a "non-practicing Republican."

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Isn't it funny how she's allowed to be critical of Republicans and Conservatives and call them out for misrepresenting what she stands for but when Ana does this, she constantly questions whether Ana is really a Republican and why she stills calls herself a Republican?

Ana has answered this continually rude comment very gently in the past. I'm waiting for Ana to blow up one day (on The View) and ream The Princess of Arizona over this exact topic.  Ana can have LOTS of ammunition at the ready and then just go for it rat-a-tat-tat-tat-tat-tat!

• Love 17
16 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

I'm "clarifying" and not absolutely sure I'm correct.  Nicolle Wallace registered Independent in 2016 although I've heard her calle herself a "non-practicing Republican."

Nicolle says frequently she will vote for the Dem candidate’s bus rather than vote for trump. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

Nicolle Wallace registered Independent in 2016 although I've heard her calle herself a "non-practicing Republican."

You know, I hesitated before I typed it; that's probably right.

58 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Nicolle says frequently she will vote for the Dem candidate’s bus rather than vote for trump.

She and Ana are unusual among Never Trumpers in that they aren't dictating to the Democrats who they should nominate.

• Love 10
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 2:07 PM, blondiec0332 said:

A lot of us thought she was muzzled when Elisabeth was there and seems to be the case again.  What is it about ABC that wants to protect the blonds that sit at that end of the table?

I really don't believe she is muzzled.  She made a comment today to NutMeg (once again, I almost typed Bitsy!) that completely threw her, and I was thinking Joy didn't need to make that comment, so she did it intentionally I believe to goad her.

• Love 4

Okay, so this is the woman who never never ever wanted children? 

Apparently Donald Trump is not the only lying Republican.

i’m pretty certain that fetus could not survive the toxicity that is Meghan. 

I know this sounds harsh, but she’s earned  my negative feelings toward her. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
25 minutes ago, bannana said:

Mind blown!  I had no idea Nutmeg's in-laws were Puerto Rican.  Has she ever mentioned this before?  This makes her husband's attacks on Ana's "fake" accent even more bizarre.  There is a street and a bank called Domenech and it appears to be their ancestors who were Catholic.  How did they end up evangelical? 😵 But why was her husband's ancestry relevant to today's topic? Also, her FIL's cousin is a prominent Democrat who worked for Hillary😮

Totally news to me as well. All the times Sunny talked about the situation in Puerto Rico (and wasn't there a segment of a visit there?) I don't remember M saying a word. 

I did a quick google and per wiki he was born and raised in South Carolina, and is of Puerto Rican and Dutch-Irish descent. Apparently his father lived in PR as a child and graduated high school there before attending college at Virginia Tech.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, CynicalGirl said:

Apparently his father lived in PR as a child and graduated high school there before attending college at Virginia Tech.

And it also said that his father is Hispanic and of Puerto Rican descent.  So through all of the Puerto Rico discussions, she has never mentioned this, when all she loves to do is make every story about her?   Very surprising!

• Love 13

Anyone hear the "we love you Meghan" from an audience member at the top of the show?  This is like the 2nd time I've heard someone scream this out.  When and why did this start?  When did she get so popular?  Not too long ago she was berating the audience for clapping at things she believed to be terrible.  Now she has fans.  Is she paying these people?  

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Anyone hear the "we love you Meghan" from an audience member at the top of the show?  This is like the 2nd time I've heard someone scream this out.  When and why did this start?  When did she get so popular?  Not too long ago she was berating the audience for clapping at things she believed to be terrible.  Now she has fans.  Is she paying these people?  

Jenny McCarthy said that when she was on the show Whoopi bribed/had someone in the audience to start an applause line for her. 

Wouldn't be surprised if Meghan is doing the same thing now.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11

I had completely missed MM mentioning the Domenech's had a street and metro station named after them. I was trying to wrap my head around her bringing up that the gov is democrate and that the Domenech family line is from PR. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, bella1716 said:

Jenny McCarthy said that when she was on the show Whoopi bribed/had someone in the audience to start an applause line for her. 

Wouldn't be surprised if Meghan is doing the same thing now.

Especially if she thinks her contract may not be renewed. 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Those three need to be reminded they are putting on a show for us.  Not just so they can sit around for an hour collecting a paycheck.

Problem is that's exactly why they do the show...to collect a paycheck. Let's face it, they aren't doing it for their health.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, bella1716 said:

I miss the Whoopi, Joy, Sherri, Barbara, and Elizabeth days.

I do not miss Sherri "the world is flat" Shepherd at all. Bitsy maybe (depending on the topic), but definitely not Sherri.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Just to let you know about another side, I was at my dad's house and he was watching The View.  He hates Joy as much as people here hate Meghan. I think he watches just to rant at everything Joy says.

I didn't ask what he thinks of meghan. I dont want to argue with a 93 year old man.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, bannana said:

And it also said that his father is Hispanic and of Puerto Rican descent.  So through all of the Puerto Rico discussions, she has never mentioned this, when all she loves to do is make every story about her?   Very surprising!

Maybe they just let her in on their secret.  😀 it is very surprising.  After endless discussions about Puerto Rico and hurricane Maria and it never came up.  Everything she does is for a reason in my opinion.  So that fact that she just announced that she married into a *"Prominent" Puerto Rican family has something to do with her PR rehab. The  Dead dad, dead baby, I married a brown person grief tour. Very Meghan. 

* not just any ordinary Puerto Rican family for the princess of Arizona. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 15