Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 7/15/2019

Jaded
Message added by Aethera

Reminder: the ladies discussing politicians or the actions of political bodies on an episode of The View is NOT a license for you to post your own opinions on the matter. You can talk about THEIR opinions on it, but only in the context of what they said on the show. Review the political policy - the first bullet point applies specifically to this situation. 

• Start Topic

(edited)

I had to laugh when Meghan had lipstick all over her teeth and someone in the control room must have pointed it out to her, so she frantically tried to get it off.

Yes, she did say something about Whoopi's cat crapping on Whoopi's pillow. What a pleasant remark to make in the midst of a conversation about Ricky and Whoopi's pet cats.

The valley girl talk, screeching and "What the hell!" repetitive comments must have made Cindy sitting in the audience so proud, along with Meghan's comment that her mother is forcing her to visit Arizona.

Edited by Kenz
spelling
  • LOL 14
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Kenz said:

I had to laugh when Meghan had lipstick all over her teeth and someone in the control room must have pointed it out to her, so she frantically tried to get it off.

Yes, she did say something about Whoopi's cat crapping on Whoopi's pillow. What a pleasant remark to make in the midst of a conversation about Rickie and Whoopi's pet cats.

The valley girl talk, screeching and "What the hell!" repetitive comments must have made Cindy sitting in the audience so proud, along with Meghan's comment that her mother is forcing her to visit Arizona.

Thanks for the crap comment confirmation.  I kept thinking "No. She couldn't possibly have said that. No. I have to be wrong."  But, considering the source I don't know why I doubted myself.

• Love 11

I was watching the show with mom.  She said she could hear what everyone was saying except Megan.  I thought something was wrong.  Apparently I just don’t get sarcasm.  

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, Kenz said:

Yes, she did say something about Whoopi's cat crapping on Whoopi's pillow. What a pleasant remark to make in the midst of a conversation about Rickie and Whoopi's pet cats.

Actually, she addressed the "crap" comment to Whoopi--her bestie, her mentor, protector, savior, interpreter, etc. because she knows all intimacies of Whoopi's life.  Actually, Whoopi told us all that her cat poops on her (Whoopi's) bed pillow to let her know she is NOT happy with her.  We may even have seen a photo (I can't recall).

46 minutes ago, Kenz said:

And the hint that she's on her best behavior because her mother is there.  Actually, she didn't SCREECH AT Joy or Sunny today.  

• Love 10
(edited)
3 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

So MM says George should be straightening out his wife because if her spouse tweeted anything racist........ oh wait he has. 

You beat me to it AThousand!  I wanted to quote her, "If I felt my husband were going on TV making racist comments, we would be having a conversation."  I'm sure she makes an exception for those people she doesn't like (Ana).  But what about homophobic rants involving Seth Meyers? And...who would apologize after this "conversation"?

Edited by HaaCHOO
changed "two" to "to" What has come over me? Auto-correct?
  • Love 16

My 2 sisters and I were teens at the same time.  We knew lots of kids who were fine (seemed) fine people and as we grew up some of them became definitely NOT so fine. I even visited one in prison. That said, we went to lots of parties with all kinds of people...even as we grew into adults and mothers.  Meghan said...right in front of her mother today, "If you've ever been to a gross party--which I'm sure every woman in here has...."

WhatTheHell? I've been to parties and with groups where there may have been a couple of gross people. I thought I'd "been around," but I have NEVER been to a gross party!  I've never been to any gathering where MOST of the attendees were "gross."  I was even sexually assaulted at a backyard party in my 30s by a "leading citizen," but the party was not gross.  WHAT IS SHE SAYING?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

You beat me to it AThousand!  I wanted to quote her, "If I felt my husband were going on TV making racist comments, we would be having a conversation."  I'm sure she makes an exception for those people she doesn't like (Ana).  But what about homophobic rants involving Seth Meyers? And...who would apologize after this "conversation"?

Thank you for posting this. I knew I remembered something that made me think she has no problem with her hubby's homophobic and bigoted comments. I couldn't remember exactly what she said.

• Love 9

My 2 sisters and I were teens at the same time.  We knew lots of kids who were fine (seemed) fine people and as we grew up some of them became definitely NOT so fine. I even visited one in prison. That said, we went to lots of parties with all kinds of people...even as we grew into adults and mothers.  Meghan said...right in front of her mother today, "If you've ever been to a gross party--which I'm sure every woman in here has...."

WhatTheHell? I've been to parties and with groups where there may have been a couple of gross people. I thought I'd "been around," but I have NEVER been to a gross party!  I've never been to any gathering where MOST of the attendees were "gross."  I was even sexually assaulted at a backyard party in my 30s by a "leading citizen," but the party was not gross.  WHAT IS SHE SAYING?

When she said that I thought what kind of fucking parties do you go to. All women have known gross men but I hope gross men parties are a rarity. 

• Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

I loves my Spookyjuice I really do, but I'll kill him dead if he ever pooped on my bed pillow!!

Hmm - how old is Spooky?  I might have thought of doing the same (actually - no!) until my 13 yr old Havanese (jus' like Baba Wawa's, ya know) started literally (unfortunately) dropping poop in her wake in my house, minutes after relieving herself outside - now I'm considering dog diapers.

Those age progression pics were mystifying to me - "old" is obviously relative & those Russkie creators might be teens.  Maybe I'm half blind, post my recent cataract surgery (is the next step towards assisted living the failure  to identify peanut butter by its odor?), but I could hardly see any differences in the panel's appearance, other than Joy's saggier neck.  Maybe the "now-you're-old" images didn't take into account fake hair, dye jobs, & botox, etc.? I'd love me some long, thick brown tresses to toss flirtatiously at my upcoming Medicare physical, but this real life senior wasn't blessed with the right DNA. OTOH, good to see drug-abusing, home-wrecking St. Cindy McC in the audience, looking like a normally attractive, slightly wrinkled, skimpy-haired 60-something!  

Edited by telemachus2
Typo - haul me off to Shady Pines!
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, tribeca said:

I was watching the show with mom.  She said she could hear what everyone was saying except Megan.  I thought something was wrong.  Apparently I just don’t get sarcasm.  

My mom was a lot of fun too.  Savor the moments.  Thanks for the giggle.

Whoopi's cat - was probably pissed, pun intended, that the pot was put away.  Our cat loved to get into our pot when we were teens.  Our parents didn't care but the cat sure did.

[gets ready to run and hide] I thought MM's hair, makeup and clothes looked nice today......[runs].

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

[gets ready to run and hide] I thought MM's hair, makeup and clothes looked nice today......[runs].

I know! It might have been the best she has ever looked. And the black skirt was slenderizing.

I'm really having a hard time typing this...…..

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I find it ironic that the same woman who proudly said "No man speaks for me!" today decided that Kellyanne Conway needs to be stricter and put tweeting restrictions on her husband.

She also has, I assume, no problem with her own husband posting racial and homophobic attacks because they are, ostensibly, defending Meghan. Her problem doesn't seem to be offensive tweets, but that George is (in her opinion) attacking Kellyanne by opining negatively on the morals and ethics of the person for whom she is spokesperson.

Meghan honestly doesn't know how to see shades of grey. Like Elisabeth, you're either "all in" or "a hater."

• Love 20

I'll be listening to the audiobook Whoopi recommended--NOT because of Whoopi's recommendation, but because of the cover.  A Harlequin Great Dane is featured (we had these beautiful dogs for 25+years) AND my favorite narrator, Hillary Huber is handling the story.  I wouldn't have known about this if Whoopi hadn't recommended it.  A point in her favor (and she needs points with me).

GreatDaneNovel.jpg.bb2db62b26484e1ffff192fa31fb881a.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, bannana said:

We are not the only ones who see the hypocrisy of Nutmeg's comments about the Conways.  Interesting that her husband's website used to have a tab that said:  black crime.  Maybe NutMeg had a talk with him. 🙄

https://www.thedailybeast.com/meghan-mccain-blasts-george-conway-claims-shed-never-let-her-husband-say-racist-comments/?via=twitter_page

Ugh, just reading Meghan's words, piss me off. She's more upset and spends more time on her dislike of GC and why she can't take him seriously, than KC. Meghan is ridiculous.  

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Ugh, just reading Meghan's words, piss me off. She's more upset and spends more time on her dislike of GC and why she can't take him seriously, than KC. Meghan is ridiculous.  

I would have paid money to have one of her co hosts say "So you and your husband have conversations at home when he says offensive stuff".  Meghan is truly clueless if she thinks viewers aren't thinking exactly that when she was chastising George Conway.

• Love 23
15 hours ago, telemachus2 said:

Hmm - how old is Spooky? 

He'll be 11 next month....while he did vomit on my bed (with me in it!) once, he knows I'll be selling his whiskers to a violinist if he even dares to poop on my bed!

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
(edited)

So I decided to briefly tune in out of curiosity. Did Whoopi just say the four Congresswomen bear some responsibility in what's happening to them? 

And Meghan, just shut up. She mentioned what a train wreck of an interview she had on Seth's show. We all saw what you said about Illhan Omar. You're a train wreck of a person, period, Meghan.

ETA: Whoopi clarified that she meant Nancy Pelosi and the four freshmen Congresswomen should've discussed their differences in private. *sigh* 🙄

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 17
(edited)

Mark Sanford?  Seriously?  Still I wish someone had asked him his plan for preventing an economic collapse, his policy, rather than trying to get him to disavow trump. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

I'm surprised they haven't talked about Puerto Rico.

Wow.  Sunny is really an education snob.  The kid that wants to be an electrician shouldn't get money set aside for education?  I could use an electrician at my house right now; don't really have any use for a philosophy major, though.

• LOL 6
  • Love 17

They are all so clueless. I don’t know the details behind the college story but if the money is in a 529 or other tax deferred account the parents can’t just hand junior a wad of cash without incurring a big tax bill. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
47 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Whoopi is still saying words but not making sense and Sunny is still not giving Megs the time of day!😱🤣

I did the bolding.  It's not on here for an hour.  I won't watch for the first part of the sentence, but definitely will for the second.  I wonder how long Sunny can hold on to this persona.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I would have paid money to have one of her co hosts say "So you and your husband have conversations at home when he says offensive stuff".

I bet that's the first thing that came to Joy's mind...but she has (obviously) been warned away from almost everything regarding My (ugh!) Princess.

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Whoopie has fallen for the propaganda against the freshman congresswomen and she is too proud to admit she is wrong. 

WHOA!  Whoopi might be wrong?  WRONG?  That could never happen.  I apologize for even reading such tripe.  That's like saying Meghan McCain is a reasonable Republican.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

Reminder: the ladies discussing politicians or the actions of political bodies on an episode of The View is NOT a license for you to post your own opinions on the matter. You can talk about THEIR opinions on it, but only in the context of what they said on the show. Review the political policy - the first bullet point applies specifically to this situation. 

I wonder how long Sunny can hold on to this persona.

She had a slight slip yesterday when her head turned slightly toward NutMeg during a conversation they were both participating in, but other than that, she has been steadfast! 😆

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
Just now, Lifesabeach said:

Had to laugh at the aged pic of MM,  she looked hideous!  Even she said she looked like she needs a cauldron.  She needs one in the present as well.

wheres my witch emo??

Don’t know why this popped up as an editor issue. Just entered it to move on. Sorry for the duplication.  I am only an egg.  🐥

I had to laugh when MM mentioned “the dumpster fire that was her interview with Seth Meyers”.  Think she knows she was the dump in that fire? 💩🔥

• Useful 1
  • LOL 16
  • Love 3

I think they purposely used the worst picture of Meghan that they had . Good job production . They must not like her either .

And where was Abbie's picture ? Remember her ? ........  who ?

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, bannana said:

She had a slight slip yesterday when her head turned slightly toward NutMeg during a conversation they were both participating in, but other than that, she has been steadfast! 😆

I noticed her nod in agreement something mm was saying yesterday but looking into space. Keep it up Sunny you are all we have. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 14
(edited)

Would it be feasible for the producer/director/show-runner or whoever is in charge to sit Whoopi down and have her watch replays of her commentary? Sure it'd piss her off but somebody needs to do something. It's not that we or any of the hosts don't get her point; it's that she is not articulating a point to get. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 16
(edited)
15 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Would it be feasible for the producer/director/show-runner or whoever is in charge sit Whoopi down and have her watch replays of her commentary? Sure it'd piss her off but somebody needs to do something. It's not that we or any of the hosts don't get her point; it's that she is not articulating a point to get. 

They probably tried a few times and I can't even imagine how that scene went down.  Whoopi's always made it perfectly clear that she is just there for the pay cheque.  I always go back to the episode of 30 Rock she was on playing herself and someone asks her why she is on The View and she says "Bitch gotta eat."  Yeah.  That about sums it up.

I don't think there is anyone left in production who gives 2 fucks about the quality that they are putting out day after day.  That ship has sailed.  Exhibit A: Whoopi.  Exhibits B-Z: Meghan.  Now it's all about the number of tweets and likes and filling up half the show with commercials disguised as View Your Deal.  Quality content be damned.  Who gives a shit?  They were bragging online that they are Number 4 in the ratings. Wtf.  I guess in the day of shit garbage tv, number 4 is something to brag about.  Sad.  I was Team Joy forever and a day but ever since she told us to go watch The Talk, I don't even think she gives a shit anymore.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 18